Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steve

Real Name Steve   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname sliv
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 22, 2003, 23:07
Total Comments 171 (Novice)
User ID 19104

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Bottle o' Stubbs Aug 21, 2010, 21:47 sliv

Straight out of my neck of the woods!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Apple and Flash Aug 16, 2010, 23:13 sliv

As a web designer, I didn't really choose a side on this argument, though it was a bit irritating that Apple chose not to include flash claiming mobile devices aren't powerful enough. That fell flat pretty quickly, which became the first of Apple's series of bizarre press releases regarding the iPhone.

Like Adobe, I moved on also, away from flash. I think flash has its place for videos and apps, just not in website design.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Transformers: War for Cybertron
15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Transformers: War for Cybertron Jun 22, 2010, 13:13 sliv

I saw some guy playing it at Best Buy last week so I figured the game had already launched; he was fighting a huge bot by himself which I would assume is not in the multiplayer demo. I haven't played it so I could be wrong.  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2010, 00:33 sliv

...after watching 4-5 of them...I quit -

I've seen the box sets on sale and on several occasion I almost bought some of them. I don't specifically for that reason. The memories will always be better than what they really were. Television has gotten so sophisticated and so have we as viewers that to watch these old shows makes you ever wonder how you liked it in the first place.

Oh, and the Lion Voltron was the only Voltron, even back then the vehicle one was disgraceful...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 26, 2010, 13:38 sliv

Got my copy at Best Buy for $22.99 (it had a $29.99 sticker on it), used a $15 Reward Zone certificate: $8 out the door.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Stone Giant Apr 22, 2010, 01:17 sliv

Looked pretty nice on my HD 5770, ran fairly smooth at 1920x1080, tess = high. I especially liked the setup shots by pressing 1 - 6.

Only problem I experienced was running it, closing it and then running it again. It would lock up on the splash screen, CTRL+ALT+DEL, tried running it again and it would say PhysX not installed. Re-install, run again.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 29, 2010, 19:00 sliv

Not being aggressive, just trying to put the pacifier in before all of the crying starts.  

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 29, 2010, 14:30 sliv

You may want to check the date that it's supposed to be released before getting your panties too much in a bind.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2010, 13:37 sliv

B for "beta"  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
6. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Mar 20, 2010, 22:31 sliv

Just switched over from a 9600GT to an HD 5770 today. Haven't had a chance to see what it can do yet, but feeling pretty good about making the switch.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. SXSW Mar 17, 2010, 14:00 sliv

I would like to say I'm excited about SXSW this year but since I work two blocks from the Austin Convention Center (in the Frost Bank Tower, I'm staring down at it right now) and the fact the downtown is crawling with people who don't know how to cross the street, it makes for a tough time getting around.  

8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 24, 2010, 21:54 sliv

Thanks for the info. I've switched from nVidia to ATI to nVidia to ATI back to nVidia so there's no allegiance. I'm looking at spending between $150-$200 so I'll keep my eye out for an ATI card.  

1. GeForce GTX 480/470 launch Feb 23, 2010, 20:54 sliv

So has history shown that when they launch their latest and greatest that prices for the rest of their cards go down? I'm looking at upgrading and may be interested in waiting a bit if the prices drop significantly.  

News Comments > Metaverse
9. Re: Netflix OnDemand Viewing Habits Feb 23, 2010, 20:48 sliv

24% here also. Being able to stream on my PS3 is great, though the selection is hit or miss. Will watch on my computer on occasion while I work, but I generally work best in silence. They really need to up the children video selection for my kid though. Add some newer shows and I'd have no complaints.  

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 17, 2010, 18:09 sliv

Whew...! I thought that was saying Nicholas Cage was done doing thrillers.

That was the first thing that came to my mind too.

6. Star Trek Invasion Feb 13, 2010, 19:49 sliv

The 9/11 one was in bad taste, my opinion. Most things you can mess with, the twin towers (though that was a forged image they were parodying) isn't one of them.  

News Comments > BioShock 2 Launch Trailer
8. Re: BioShock 2 Launch Trailer Feb 3, 2010, 21:29 sliv

Wow, tough crowd...

Was thinking the same thing. Then I remembered which forum I was in.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Google to end support for IE6 Jan 30, 2010, 21:42 sliv

Halle-freakin'-lujah! It's about time!

IE6 has been a royal pain in every web designer's tailpipe as it doesn't support many of today's standards (png support, terrible CSS implementation, the list goes on and on...). And since XP was shipped with this sorry excuse for a browser and since there's a group of people out there who either aren't upgrading from XP or not upgrading at least to IE7, it adds a lot of headache for us designers.

When Google ends support then hopefully people will finally get a clue and upgrade. It ain't hard! Welcome to the new millennium.

News Comments > Apple iPad Announced
51. Re: Apple iPad Announced Jan 27, 2010, 18:01 sliv

Throwing in my two cents:

I think the size of it is the glaring problem for me. (that and the name: my wife thinks it should have been release by Kotex). I can see something that large dropped on the floor, spilled on, squished between two books in a backpack or laptop bag. I can stick my iPhone in my pocket, I can hold it securely in one hand, I bought a relatively unobtrusive case for it. The iPad looks monstrous and looks so fragile I'd be afraid to take it anywhere without the risk of damage.

I watched the video on Apple's site and all of the things they were enthusiastically excited about, I couldn't see spending $400+ dollars for.

Yes, it's only my opinion. I'm usually pretty indifferent between Mac and PC since I don't play as many games as I once did. But this one doesn't seem like a really "winner" to me.

Also, I may be wrong but I think the AppleTV was a bit of a fail for Apple. That one got quietly swept out of the limelight. Can see the same for the iPad.

This comment was edited on Jan 27, 2010, 18:01.

News Comments > Transformers: War for Cybertron Details and Trailer
5. Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Details and Trailer Jan 13, 2010, 19:23 sliv

Meh.
That comment needed editing? Seriously?

I like the cinematic. Cullen's voice is legendary. Hoping gameplay will be good with all the action on Cybertron and not having to deal with hurting the puny humans on Earth.

171 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo