Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steve

Real Name Steve   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname sliv
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 22, 2003, 23:07
Total Comments 171 (Novice)
User ID 19104

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
20. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2011, 21:53 sliv

With PSN seemingly on the verge of a return to service, worrying rumours have emerged online claiming that Sony is being targeted for a third PSN attack this weekend.

Really...what for? It's really funny how these morons inconsiderate people think they're such 'rock stars' by being annoying. Don't they have something else better to do, like maybe a job that contributes to society instead of irritating it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Portal 2 Countdown?
1. Re: Portal 2 Countdown? Apr 22, 2011, 19:56 sliv

It starts over every time you refresh the browser, so it's all running client-side.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2011, 20:01 sliv

8-10-3 vs expert.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. iPhone babies Jan 24, 2011, 22:24 sliv

My 2-year-old just turned two last weekend, successfully opened up the text messaging app, chose the most recent person my wife texted (which was me) took a picture of his shoe, sent that with the message "J" to my phone, all the while calling my cell phone. I answered the phone to hear him laughing and my wife's voice a distance a way and the text sound rang in my ear. He has his own apps he likes to play and plays them well.

There's been a lot of press on this; some positive, some negative. All I have to say is we're in the technology age and they should know how to use this stuff if they plan on keeping up on the very fast-moving wave. And, besides, it's nice to be able to have an enjoyable dinner at a restaurant on occasion. Those with 2-year-olds know exactly what I mean.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. "Money for Nothing" Jan 24, 2011, 22:15 sliv

I'm not surprised, I haven't heard the second verse on that song on any radio station for years. I hear it on iTunes and am surprised when it plays it. I can see both sides, appeasing an offended people group and appeasing the fans who are listening to the radio station which is generating revenue for the station (public access or not, they have to generate revenue somehow)

That said, it really isn't worth either side screaming about. The humor in that song is the fact that the band is making fun of themselves. The video shows (very blocky) blue-collar workers sweating to make a living. I may be wrong, but blue-collar workers usually don't have the cleanest mouths. So the song does reflect reality.

Everyone is so uptight these days, anything that gives someone the opportunity to complain is taken, usually to the point of absurdity. It's no wonder why lawyers make so much money...

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 24, 2011, 21:43 sliv

Not to be too much of a grammar nazi, but there's never a '1st Annual' anything, not until the following year can they claim it as 'Annual' as it will then truly be held annually. Learned that the first day in Journalism, of course I think that was the only thing I got out of that class.

It's a Forbes article, they should know better.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jan 16, 2011, 22:52 sliv

Of course we're not going to see a complete end to productivity. Just as there are still a significant number of people who buy trucks to haul produce, products and tools, there will continue to be professional programmers, writers, accountants, videographers and others with access to whatever tools they need to do their job. But I worry that this group, just like farmers and skilled craft people, will become a smaller and smaller segment of our population. And I'm especially worried that an increasing number of them will be working from outside the United States at lower wages.

What may worry the author is great news for me. As a web & graphic designer, the less access potential clients have to these tools, the more they will need me.

I'm not at all concerned about it going overseas. I've seen the work they do and it's terrible; they couldn't design a good website if they're life depended on it. All they can do is convert existing designs to code, well... that's only half of website design! I've talked with a lot of people and that's a complete turn-off for them and has become one of my greatest selling points.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 7, 2011, 00:30 sliv

That 10 Dumbest Tech Predictions is more of a (not so) elaborate plug for the guy's stock picks website.

I was wondering how (or why) he was connecting the predicted failure of television to support apps and smartphones. Came off as preachy by the end of it.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 9, 2010, 21:47 sliv

Mac's don't have a Num Lock light, so no lights on my keyboard.

As a graphic/web designer, I use the Caps Lock often in my designs and coding (since it != yelling) so yes I would miss it.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 4, 2010, 23:00 sliv

Went over to AT&T U-verse when our TWC contract expired. They wouldn't renew our previous contract instead opting to the 'a la carte' pricing which would have raised our monthly bill over $60. No thanks.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Superhero FAIL. Nov 3, 2010, 20:18 sliv

I'd call it a semi-fail. Maybe they were encouraging men to press their undies more and just forgot the comma, "Iron, Man"  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 17, 2010, 10:07 sliv

The second video was really confusing to me; nothing really happened except the noticeable lag. Guess it'd help if I actually played Minecraft.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Oct 10, 2010, 18:24 sliv

I personally prefer Lockbox by CoffeeCup Software. It's extremely lightweight and is only $19.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 30, 2010, 22:19 sliv

I have a PS3 and I will buy it!  

News Comments > Alice: Madness Returns Trailer, Art
2. Re: Alice: Madness Returns Trailer, Art Sep 15, 2010, 15:25 sliv

I like it. Was, and still am, a big fan of the first one and will usually play it through every couple of years. Very rarely do I buy a game on release day, but that was one I did buy. Will grab this one early too so I can play it first-hand without being too influenced by other opinions which are usually in short supply around here. ha!

Thought it was interesting the website labels the game as Horror/Action. Thought the first one was strictly an action game so I'll be curious if they play/prey more on fear this go round.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 11, 2010, 21:58 sliv

What was said:
"We now know that the iPhone 4 antenna attenuation issue is even smaller than we originally thought,"

What they really said:
"We offered free bumpers to anyone who wanted one but apparently nobody wanted to wait the 2+ weeks for said free bumper so people were paying the extra $20 anyway so they keep from calls being dropped. We like to call that a win-win."

The free bumpers were on back-order. Whether that was a result of high demand or if it was orchestrated so Apple looks compassionate by 'fixing' it's design error, but is still getting the sale for bumpers anyway.

News Comments > The Bible Online Beta
56. Re: The Bible Online Beta Sep 7, 2010, 21:19 sliv

Wow, I didn't realize there were so many scientists and pastors who read Blue's.

I, for one, am neither and don't pose to be a professional when it comes to Biblical knowledge and I did poorly in science while in school. But just like everyone, I do have my own opinions and my own beliefs. I'll keep my beliefs to myself so as not to 'shove them down anyone's throats', however I will share my opinion:

There are a lot of close-minded, mass generalizations and assumptions going on that really should be more thought out and researched before vomited pell-mell in a gaming forum. Sources, anyone? It really is starting to sound like a bunch of second-graders yelling "yeah, well you're ugly!" I've yet to see a conversation/debate in a forum like this ever end positively and will usually just drive the wedge deeper between the two sides. Which then makes me wonder "what's the point?" Is there really that much pent-up anger just desperately needing to be let out?

Of course, discussions like these are a train wreck and are often hard to look away.

Back on the topic of the Bible MMO, doubt it will be very successful as the financial backing for Christian games are rarely there (heck, even well-funded games aren't always successful) and usually comes with too much controversy (ala, the Left Behind games) to have a large enough following to be considered relevant.

News Comments > The Bible Online Beta
29. Re: The Bible Online Beta Sep 6, 2010, 22:49 sliv

Funny because I've seen plenty of rude Christians, Catholics and even a Muslim or two around here.

And the beauty is none of the xtian players or GMs will be able to do anything about it because they have to turn the other cheek, haha!

And I think this is why anything religious is such a big target. Non-Christians can insult it all they want and if there is any backlash, feign innocence and then says it proves their point that Christians are generally rude. Wouldn't say it's necessarily fair ground but all's fair in love and war...

I'm curious as to whether people are this mean when talking with each other face to face. It's pretty easy to be so bold with such comfortable anonymity.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 4, 2010, 12:40 sliv

Any technology that can be hacked and copied with some parts from Radio Shack is never a good idea when it comes to the safety of children. From a parent of a 2 year old looking at starting preschool next week, I have no interest in letting my child wear a chip that any sicko can copy his chip, copy it to another chip, attach it to another child and my kid is gone without anyone knowing any different.

All it will do is promote complacency and laziness instead of watching my child which what the schools get paid to do.

I'm glad to see Blue's posting this, I'll be keeping my eye on this one.

News Comments > DNF Next Year
13. Re: DNF Next Year Sep 3, 2010, 14:51 sliv

I don't know. If it does end up getting released, it will be somewhat bittersweet in that it would be the end of an era; as comical as it all was. It's been one of the longest running jokes in video game history with a bare minimum of 50+ comments when something mentioning DNF is posted. That ride will be over.

I guess, if game actually is released, the big question will be what will everyone with all that pent up gamer angst use as a punching bag after next year.

171 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo