Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steve

Real Name Steve   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname sliv
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 22, 2003, 23:07
Total Comments 171 (Novice)
User ID 19104

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. CtrlAltDelete. . . Jan 29, 2004, 11:25 sliv

After watching the clip I thought the "restarts career" was a mild way of saying "Bill fired my ass for stating the obvious!" The look on ol' Billy's face. . .classic

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry SP Demo
24. Re: finally Jan 21, 2004, 12:08 sliv

I'm currently getting it from Gamershell at a screaming 9.28kb/s. It'll be done in 16 hours and 20 minutes.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
75. Re: YES! Jan 21, 2004, 10:19 sliv

They do. People that read OotB are looking for off the gaming path stuff.

I guess that's the reason why I never get any replies to the actually pc/gaming related questions I ask. For a minute there I thought I was just being ignored.

hullo?. . . anybody there? . . is this thing on?

29. Off Topic - Mobo question Jan 20, 2004, 14:51 sliv

Anyone tried any of the Asus ASRock mobo's? Haven't heard much from Asus lately so not sure if the quality of board is going down or if I just haven't kept my eyes and ears open enough. Found a good mobo+cpu combo and wanted to know if there have been any major flaws so far. Thanks for any insight/advice/flames you've got for me.

8. SotD: Dangerous objects. . . Jan 16, 2004, 11:54 sliv

A little over a year ago I flew from Dallas to Aruba with a layover in Miami for a weeklong vacation. By the time I got back, I had gone through at least six different metal detectors and my backpack scanned through the X-ray machine each time. In Miami on my way back I realized that I had my 3-inch Swiss-Army knife tucked away in my bag, I wasn't stopped, nobody questioned it; I guess it wasn't seen in the X-Ray since the sign clearly said "No guns, explosives, blades of any length, etc, beyond this point." It was happily sitting next to a yellow hi-liter in my rear pocket the entire time. I had no idea that it was in there. Could have made for a very short vacation.

93. Way off topic Jan 12, 2004, 19:00 sliv

Anybody use Yahoo for their e-mails? I'm not able to log on at all. I've been gone all day and wasn't sure if this just started, if it's been down all day long, or if it's just me. . . I even showered today

25. Re: Misc Jan 9, 2004, 14:08 sliv

http://www.americanprogress.org/site/pp.asp?c=biJRJ8OVF&b=6228

I think it's hilarious that under Poverty: You Can't Buy Child Care at Walmart they use the lady getting trampled as the source of pricing for a VCR/DVD combo.

16. Re: Misc Jan 9, 2004, 12:52 sliv

Better ratchet up the cost year after year because if you give people food and shelter, they will procreate like rabbits.

Isn't that what we already call welfare? People procreating like rabbits to be qualified. . . talk about floating.

63. Re: Oh no Jan 9, 2004, 09:42 sliv

Good Lord, guys. . . RotK was already 3 1/2 hours long in the theatrical version. Looking at all the added scenes in TT Extended Edition, you don't think it's possible that they may add in most of the stuff you all are talking about? Between the movie and book, they had a LOT of ground to cover in RotK, Shelob was in TT book but halfway through RotK, I'm sure they had to chop off a majority of the storylines and backgrounds. I could definitely tell, especially in the beginning of RotK that scenes had been deleted, it cut from one scene to the next so quickly.

Granted, I'm not a "purist" by any means, but I am a fan of the movies. Recently, making movies based on books has been major let downs (see Micheal Crichton's Congo, Sphere, Lost World, the list goes on and on) but I'm impressed with this trilogy. C'mon, they shot all three movies at the SAME TIME; without ever knowing if the first was going to be a success! That in itself is incredible to me.

Honestly, you can't please everyone, but if I made a movie on a book, I'd be more concerned about pleasing the general public with it's entertainment value than worry about the storyline and history for the purist who make up a whopping .01% of the general population. IMO

11. Idea a Day Jan 7, 2004, 12:25 sliv

This one's funny. . .
"Adapt the Kama Sutra into the Palmasutra, a guide for single men showing a hundred different positions and methods to pleasure themselves." Day 1223 23 Dec 2003

News Comments > On DOOM 3 Framerates
16. Re: Oct 22, 2003, 19:09 sliv

Rseman, been using Firetrust's MailWasher Pro. It pulls the mail from your server, allows you to read who it's from and the first 20 or so lines. You have the ability to keep, bounce and or blackmail any further mail from that sender. I use it with Outlook, works great. Hope that helps

171 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo