Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steve

Real Name Steve   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname sliv
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 22, 2003, 23:07
Total Comments 171 (Novice)
User ID 19104

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Diablo III Logo Oct 12, 2008, 15:31 sliv

The picture itself links back to Blue's...?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Spider-Man: Web of Shadows Movie
5. Re: No subject Sep 21, 2008, 09:27 sliv

Oh, I'm sorry Watchdog, were you saying something?

Your mouth's moving but nothing's coming out...

News Comments > Spider-Man: Web of Shadows Movie
2. Re: No subject Sep 20, 2008, 23:10 sliv

wha...?

News Comments > How Publishers Punish Game Sites
32. Re: No subject Sep 7, 2008, 10:58 sliv

Without demos to tryout, all you have to rely on is pre-release reviews or, if you can wait long enough, reviews from those who actually bought it and played it. This is only speaking for PC though. Consoles don't have to worry about this since I can go to my local video store and rent it for $7; if I like it I buy it. ...And then everyone wonders why publishers are moving towards consoles.

Concerning the relationship between publishers and the media, this is business as usual. The publishers spend a lot of money and time on a product and then pays the media to advertise it. Hopefully this apparent breakdown will force the publishers to start putting out more demos since they're not able to fully rely on pre-release reviews. The other option is to decide not to develop for the PC at all and push consoles. Of course, there are more ways to advertise than just relying solely on a group of reviewers and then complain when they review it poorly, that's just laziness on the side of the publisher.

News Comments > Steam Sales
9. Re: Meh Aug 23, 2008, 21:51 sliv

Found the fix for the graphics issue, apparently I wasn't the only one.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=717796

News Comments > Steam Sales
8. Re: Meh Aug 23, 2008, 21:28 sliv

How well does this game work with a gamepad (xbox 360)?

I haven't been able to get my Logitech Rumblepad 2 (which is like the PS controller) to work. I'm also having graphic issues where their eyeballs and hair move before or after the rest of the model and also seeing random flashes of code on the screen. I used to play this game with my old 7800GT and worked flawlessly, it would be hard to believe my 9600GTC is causing all of the problems.

News Comments > New Creative Labs ALchemy
13. Re: No subject Aug 9, 2008, 16:58 sliv

Neither a or b since I've never been able to successfully load up Creative's drivers and have had to use third party drivers. Since I have the Audigy 2 platinum and use the LiveDrive daily I have no interest in buying another $100+ sound card for zero performance increase. It's just annoying to have to jump through all the hoops just to get it running.

Sent from my iPhone (pardon the speeling)

News Comments > New Creative Labs ALchemy
3. Re: No subject Aug 9, 2008, 08:23 sliv

And I love how Creative stepped up to the plate to give Audigy 2 cards full Vista support by updating all their drivers. Oh, wait...

News Comments > Blizzard Tease - Updated
38. I see. . . Jun 23, 2008, 21:22 sliv

LAVA!

http://www.620studio.com/Lava.jpg

or a bunch of squiglys http://www.620studio.com/Squiglies.jpg

This comment was edited on Jun 23, 22:37.

6. Re: No subject Mar 13, 2008, 13:07 sliv

Did anybody notice the sheriff's name? Sheriff Whipple. . . you have to admit that's a little funny. . .

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Merged Consoles Jan 11, 2008, 13:43 sliv

“Can anyone explain to me how having one console would be bad for gamers? Or game developers for that matter?,”

I think the hidden meaning is that last sentence. Gamers want competition, it's what keeps things interesting. Developers just want to get lazy. Sure we can just call it the P-Wii 360, that sounds catchy. The next thing they'll want is a standardized spoken language so they don't have to make multi-language support. . .

I remember when I saw "Demolition Man" and the winner of the restaurant wars was Taco Bell. My first thought was "oh, I hope not!"

1. Go. . . Nov 11, 2007, 15:21 sliv

Cowboys!

News Comments > etc.
1. "Hitman" . . . Nov 7, 2007, 14:00 sliv

Interesting selections of movies coming out in the next few years, based on the end of his article.

15. Re: No subject Oct 1, 2007, 14:20 sliv

I was torn on who I wanted to win/lose between the Giants and Eagles last night. Either way, I'm just happy that my Cowboys are sitting undefeated. . .

News Comments > Labor Day Consolidation
7. Re: Wii Sep 3, 2007, 23:57 sliv

You need to take a look at the target market before you start talking for other people. For some reason gamers think that when a console is made it's made only for you and could not possible be for a target market that is not you. They're coming out with the Wii Fit soon, do you honestly think that a bunch of gamers are going to rush out and buy it? My wife will, think about that. My grandfather loves playing Wii bowling, my wife likes playing Big Brain Academy with me. . . will you guys stop thinking that you are the center of the gaming world and that all consoles revolve around you?

"Wiifans" are sure buying a heck of a lot of those things and are happy with it, as opposed to the whiney gaming community who complain non-stop and are never satisfied; especially when their graphically-advanced PS3 and 360 are getting their butts handed to them in sales.

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 00:06.

News Comments > Free Ubi Games
32. Re: Ad-Testing? Sep 3, 2007, 09:04 sliv

Raving Rabbids for the Wii is fun because of the motion detection. But on the PC? A bunch of button-mashing doesn't sound like much fun to me.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: MySpace Aug 18, 2007, 00:24 sliv

It's funny how you bring up the dangers of cell phones while driving. They are in the process of trying to make it illegal to text message while driving in response to those five girls dying in that car crash a few weeks ago.

The cell phone analogy isn't a good one in that the cell phone is a necessity in this day and age, in response to the faster lives we live across a much broader audience. I would like to know what makes MySpace such a necessity that any interruption in service would cause such a stir as when your cell service goes out.

I'm sure there are those that use it for innocent reasons such as organizations or celebrities marketing themselves, aka free advertising, to the younger generation which is MySpace's target market. But I still don't see why MySpace is so important that it can simply ignore the consequences that are brought about; it is being used in a trial court in the rape of two girls! Maybe you can explain it to me since you're determined that MySpace is completely innocent in these situations and that it is solely the responsibility of the person.

And I haven't even started on how perverted adults are abusing the forum to target these pre-teen and teens to feed their own sickness. It's the equivalent to taking an alcoholic to a bar and expecting them to think rationally. . .

I can hardly agree with you that taking MySpace away would be considered a "punishment". It seems to me you're looking at the freedom of the individual, I'm focusing on the well-being of the general public. To each his own. . .

This comment was edited on Aug 18, 00:27.

7. Re: MySpace Aug 17, 2007, 18:07 sliv

So the problem is the site, not the people?

This article shows what has been shown time and time again, that young people (who I previously called "irresponsible children") are not old enough to understand the dangers of posting personal information and meeting people without thinking it through rationally. This type of behavior is characteristic of "the teenage years". Driven highly by emotion, teenagers and the "tweens" make very rash decisions, usually, without the consent of their parents, sometimes outright rebellious of their parents. There is a reason that you are not considered an adult until your 18, and by what I saw at college, being called an adult at that age is pushing it.

MySpace is an open forum that allows anyone, ANYONE, to create an account and put as much information as they choose. I would normally say that it's the parent's responsibility, but that can't be said since many parents don't care what they're kids are doing. So. . . do we just say "oh, well, they should know better"? Of course not, how would they know better? That's what parenting is for, whether their kids like it or not.

I don't see much good come from MySpace. College kids, "the future of America" are wasting more time spelling poorly on people's pages than actually learning. I blame the kids if not more, however, they still are teenagers that generally fail to look at the big picture.

I've been out of my teenage years over ten years now, I had three younger brothers and sisters go through the teenage years, one's still in them. I've had my share of teenage experiences and decisions. Fifteen years ago, I probably would have been on MySpace and now at age 31, I'd be rolling my eyes thinking how stupid I was wasting time on a meaningless site.

What the hell is wrong with you?

There's nothing wrong with me, although after reading what can happen to two young, naive and irresponsible girls with the help of MySpace, I'd ask the same question to you. . .

3. MySpace Aug 17, 2007, 13:50 sliv

Is it me or does it seem that MySpace is doing more harm than good?

While I was in college and a full decade older than most of my classmates, the teacher would be up in the front of the class teaching and most of the students are posting on MySpace during class, completely ignoring the teacher. And then they whined and complained when they did poorly on a test.

Not that I'm sticking up for a guy dumb enough to believe a MySpace page as truth and putting himself in that situation, but giving irresponsible children the means of posting personal information, truth or fiction, for the world to see is just as dumb. MySpace should be shut down.

Never had a MySpace or Facebook page, never will.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Cadaver Calculator Jul 6, 2007, 18:40 sliv

$4925. . .I'll take an advance.

171 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo