Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6811 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Saints Row 4 in August
29. Re: Saints Row 4 in August Mar 15, 2013, 15:06 Krovven

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 09:57:
Something that we already paid for with a Season Pass for 3 was now moved to a new game.

Bats, and for all the other folks blindly claiming this was ripped from the Seasons Pass DLC for SR3. http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/03/saints-row-the-third-enter-the-dominatrix/

This is from May 2012. It was never part of the Seasons Pass.

"THQ confirmed to us that Enter the Dominatrix is a standalone expansion and Season Pass owners will have to pay $30 like everyone else."

$37.50 after the almost guaranteed pre-order or voucher discount on GMG. May as well get a whole new game for a few dollars more that doesn't just have super power tacked on.

This comment was edited on Mar 15, 2013, 15:11.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Steam CD Keys Exhausted
42. Re: Max Payne 3 Steam CD Keys Exhausted Mar 11, 2013, 21:37 Krovven

Quinn wrote on Mar 11, 2013, 16:13:
"No Story. Just Gameplay." The USP of consoles.

So the "Gameplay is King" mantra is now consolized? /facepalm

Verno, when it has no relation to the theme of the character, yes it's a stupid idea. Is it a stupid idea for a completely different character? No. It doesn't belong with Max Payne.

39. Re: Max Payne 3 Steam CD Keys Exhausted Mar 11, 2013, 15:57 Krovven

Flatline wrote on Mar 11, 2013, 14:30:
Dude Max Payne has killed hundreds if not thousands of people. He's killed gangbangers, italian mafia, russian mafia, police officers, military officials, police detectives, CEOs, government politicians, private bodyguards, professional assassins, you name it he's killed it.

All of which were the "bad guys". They weren't innocents. If you pay attention to the character at all, he doesn't like what he does or what he has become. He has a morality of right and wrong and it's really the only thing keeping him going. You take that away, you destroy the character.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hold MP3 or any of the Max Payne stories in high regard. But they are for the most part some of the better stories when it comes to the history of action shooter stories. You're idea may work for a new character. It doesn't work for Max Payne and is a stupid idea.

News Comments > EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game
112. Re: More Big Picture Details Mar 11, 2013, 05:35 Krovven

Dmitri_M wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 17:16:
In my past, I worked on sets to make sure the footage film crews were shooting was useable in post production. The guys on the film sets worked a couple of set hours doing only very specific things. The post guys (artists, animators) worked 18 hour days in multiple disciplines with that footage under high pressure. From personal experience I know there is a world of difference.

I've worked film sets too. For you to say that people 'work a couple of set hours' is fucking ridiculous. Everyone on a film set has a job. Most of those jobs have the individual working 14 to 18 hour days doing those jobs for 6-7 days a week for months at a time. Some jobs are administration, some are hard labour, some are artistic, others are technical. Without all those people doing their jobs, the post production guys have no jobs. Time to get off your high horse.

Film industry existed for 75+ years without programmers, compositors, computer animators, etc. Those jobs don't exist without the film industry. Video games that programmers write code for, don't exist without the designers, artists, animators, sound engineers, etc, etc.

Show some fucking respect for your peers.

28. Re: Max Payne 3 Steam CD Keys Exhausted Mar 11, 2013, 05:09 Krovven

Here's my problem. People can dig into ANY story and rip the shit out of it if they dig deep enough. Particularly video game stories, because the narrative is broken up by gameplay that is generally played differently by everyone.

Of the action shooters, FPS or TPS, which ones exactly have "great" stories that Max Payne 3 is supposed to hold up to? Stories of action games are there to provide one thing, set pieces for battle. If they succeed without being absolutely ridiculous without the gameplay sucking, it's a win.

Regarding your idea...seriously, that's your story suggestion? You want Max Payne to give up the one singular thing that keeps Max Payne who is, his conscious? His morality of right and wrong? To be a murderer? Working for the same types of scum that had his family killed? Being no better than the people that killed his family?

Don't bother criticising stories when you clearly have no idea what even makes the character a character.

News Comments > Homeworld IP & Games Kickstarter
11. Re: Homeworld IP & Games Kickstarter Mar 10, 2013, 20:48 Krovven

I agree, this company is not who I want to see get the Homeworld IP, primarily because they do not seem to have much of a history. Their website is HORRIBLE!

I think this video was on the indiegogo campaign, they've posted different videos on the Kickstarter campaign. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcsXkj88-KQ

They were already working on their own space RTS and the demonstrations you see are their engine MODDED to look like Homeworld. For Homeworld 3, they will most likely only be rebranding their own game as Homeworld 3, not building it from the ground up as a proper sequel.

Way too much focus on bringing Homeworld to phones and tablets. That is such a bad idea and it already looks like a pain in the ass to use.

All I want to see Homeworld 1/2 and expansions, WON.net stripped out and Steamworks added for multiplayer. Sell it as a bundle for $20 and I'm all over it. And eventually a Homeworld 3.

I would rather see Relic/Sega or even Blackbird Interactive ( http://blackbirdinteractive.com/team/ ) pick up the IP. Wish we knew if either of them were making a play for it.

22. Re: Max Payne 3 Steam CD Keys Exhausted Mar 10, 2013, 20:31 Krovven

Gipson wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 20:12:
But not being able to skip cutscenes immediately made me ragequit the New York Minute mode.

There's a "<press Enter logo> Skip" icon in the lower right corner of cutscenes once the next level has loaded in the background. The game used cutscenes to hide loading screens. Would you really rather sit there and watch a loading screen, then goto a cutscene that you can skip? I'm going to assume the answer is no. I wish most games did this. It makes the games that do this, flow so much better. Maybe this isn't available in the New York Minute mode (haven't tried it), but it certainly is in the Story mode.

Flatline, you seem to recall the story relatively well except for one major point of your complaining. He was beating himself up because he failed to protect those that he was hired to protect, just like he was incapable of protecting his family...DESPITE being a bad-ass (as we see him). He partially blames being drunk on the job for his failures, quits drinking...then with a clearer head starts to over-analyze his faults. He does not see himself as a bad-ass that can take on dozens of gunman, when the outcome is he fails to protect those he is supposed to and lives himself.

News Comments > StarCraft II Patch Plans
20. Re: StarCraft II Patch Plans Feb 15, 2013, 16:27 Krovven

Xero wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 16:08:
I'm in no way support of Blizzard's practically yearly release of WoW expansions at one point

What?

WoW 2004, BC (January) 2007, WoTLK (Nov.) 2008, Cata 2010, MoP 2012.

The closest to your "yearly" expansions is 22 months. Maybe you are confusing WoW with Everquest, which has averaged an expansion roughly every 6-8 months for the last 10 years.

News Comments > StarCraft II Patch Plans
17. Re: StarCraft II Patch Plans Feb 15, 2013, 15:35 Krovven

Flatline wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 14:35:
Dude. Splitting the single player campaign into 3 separate entities...

Dude. As has been pointed out countless times...SC2 WoL has as many missions (with 1 race) as all of the original SC missions combined (across all 3 races). Actually it has more, if you count the Challenge mission maps.

SC2 was a $60 game, HoS is $40...$40 has been the Blizzard standard expansion pack price for about the last 10 years.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced
36. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 17:30 Krovven

Verno wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 16:29:
And yet you're still here despite repeated claims that you were moving on because it was so unbearable

Yea, 1 post in 6 months, 2 in 8 months (prior to this)...I'm clearly still here conversing with you idiots. I'm curious as to where these repeated phantom claims are that I was moving on. It's funny how irrational minds can fill in the blanks. Just like when irrational minds fill in the blanks on games they haven't played, so they can support their hate towards them. I didn't realise that if I stopped posting for awhile that suddenly means I can no longer return to the promise land that Verno rules over!

As usual the rest of your post is drivel. Verno presenting, with all his hypocrisy intact, that he is taking the high road and is clearly superior to everyone else.

Nothing stopping people from posting about how great Aliens is and why others are wrong about it for example

People can't, because the game isn't out yet. Nobody has even played multiplayer yet. See now why the incessant whining about a game that nobody has played yet makes so much sense? There can be no rational discussion on how good this game PLAYS (particularly multiplayer), only irrational hatred. Darks isn't even being the opposite, an irrational fanboy. He just wants to wait and see how it plays before passing judgement and is willing to pay for it to find out for himself.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced
33. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 16:15 Krovven

Jivaro wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 15:27:
You have a point about unnecessary negativity, but your comments only contribute to it and foster the environment you are so vocally protesting against. You have an ignore list, use it or abandon the site. The hypocrisy in your posts is tiring and counter-productive.

Sucks don't it Darks? For pointing out the obvious, that the Blues forums are a community filled with people that just want to hate games and attack the people that like them. Being attacked for merely liking a game that the inbred heathens here hate, simply based on a few trailers they've seen. They've bitched about plenty of other games, but Aliens is the whipping boy this month. Don't worry, it will pass. In March Heart of the Swarm is due and the locusts will swarm to hate that one too.

And now Jivaro, stating your comments only contribute to the problems in this thread and you best be on your way. They don't want to hear an opposing opinion that might have some rationality behind it. Either fall in line with the pitchforks and chanting or get the fuck out.

News Comments > Black Mesa Source This Month
96. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 7, 2012, 14:24 Krovven

Prez wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 00:23:
Dades wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 07:28:
Jivaro wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 23:18:
It is rare that I see the comments section of Blues so unified against one particular point of view.

Everybody...group hug!!

D3 did that too, it was touching.

Just switch in Krovven for Mad Max, and it's exactly the same!

BTW, can you believe he actually unfriended me on Steam because I bashed Diablo 3??? Like the saying goes, with friends like these...

I haven't posted since July, yet little children still need to insult me and attribute what someone else is saying as if I said it.

FYI, Mad Max is in an idiot, just like the majority of fools still talking trash about devs, games and gamers on Blues. Unfortunately Prez has grouped himself with those people by attacking others for the games they like. I unfriended you because you actually stated you hoped hackers were ruining gamers experiences with Diablo 3, but I would have done it regardless of the game. I don't associate myself with people that wish ill will on others, because of the games they play.

Time to grow up Prez.

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 2012, 14:32.

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III
83. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 20, 2012, 12:19 Krovven

Prez wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 02:04:
Wow, you are just completely, utterly irrational.

Funny. That's what I've been saying about you. Irrational is going around crying like a child in every thread about a form of entertainment and how it raped your children and ruined your life.

Speaking of irrational, someone can tell nin that if he wasn't so delusional he'd notice that right after I started the Blues News group, I passed it over to Blue. That was 5-7 years ago now? Furthermore, I've since left the Blues group because the amount of people I want to continue relationships with from Blues is a handful and they are already on my friends list. Some people need to grow the fuck up in a big way.

As I said to someone last night, I'm no longer surprised that D3 threads are 75% ignored users, and most of those people never bought the game to begin with, yet they are still bitching about the game 2 months after release. So yes, I guess not wanting to be associated with whiney self entitled little shits makes me the irrational one that needs mental help.

69. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 20, 2012, 01:49 Krovven

Prez wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 17:30:
LMAO! Talk to me again when you get your panties unwadded there, sparky. Jesus dude - is Diablo 3 your mom or something? Lighten up.

I'm not the grown adult crying in every D3 thread about how butthurt they are over "entertainment".

Nor do I go around hoping that others experiences are intentionally ruined by hackers.

You seemed like a good guy Prez. Turns out you are just a sad individual like the others around here that obsess over games and the companies that make them, spewing hatred over what you feel they owe you.

43. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 17:11 Krovven

Prez wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 14:21:
I think most would agree that ActiBlizz could have taken a shit in a box and slapped the Diablo sticker on it and it would have sold 7 million plus copies.

That isn't what they did for Diablo 3?

Sorry - can't help myself lately. Having a serious hate-on for Blizzard with how badly they fucked up my Diablo. Maybe I'll eventually get over it, but I am going to enjoy it while it lasts!

So we can continue to see you acting like a self-entitled little baby in D3 threads? Good to know.

42. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 17:08 Krovven

Julio wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 16:56:
Diablo 3 is dead in the water now.

There seems to be this fantasy land where you and several other losers live, where D3 was a bomb and didn't sell 6+ million copies (last known number) and doesn't have millions of people still playing and enjoying it.

Try joining reality for a change instead of making shit up.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 15:49 Krovven

wtf_man wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 15:26:
I picked up Saints Row the Third for the summer sale. I'm kind of surprised... it's actually good... better than GTA, IMO.

One of the best games last year. Having skipped SR1 & 2 based on all the negative feedback, I was very surprised that SR3 was getting an excellent response and grabbed it around xmas on GMG for $20. Just grabbed most of the DLC today, so thinking Im going to jump back in for some more.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 15, 2012, 15:36 Krovven

They asked them not to eat for 2 hours before the mealtime-scheduled appointments, recorded their appetite level before each session began, and then observed them playing games or watching TV for an hour.

So, they put hungry people alone in a room, with video games and food. The outcome, they ate while playing video games. Shocking!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2012, 15:23 Krovven

Alamar wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 22:47:
Wallshadows wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 17:12:
Walking Dead Season 3 trailer has been been released.

Thankie : )

I like this show : )

-Alamar

I like the show, but it's been a love/hate relationship, kind of like Lost was. I'm hoping, based on this trailer (which looks fantastic) and Darabont no longer being the showrunner that things will pick up.

PHJF, this is the Comic-Con trailer. And yes TV shows have had trailers forever.

News Comments > Vivendi Seeking Activision Buyers
76. Re: Vivendi Seeking Activision Buyers Jul 12, 2012, 04:34 Krovven

wtf_man wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 20:59:
I said WoW and probably COD... two of their major cash cows, are on a downward trend.

Again, try reading their financial reports, you are wrong. They made 1 billion in profits in 2011 over 416mil in 2010, with WoW and CoD being their main earners. This is fact. This is not debatable. This is not opinion. It's that simple.

6811 Comments. 341 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo