Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6864 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses
49. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses May 3, 2013, 16:14 Krovven

Beamer wrote on May 3, 2013, 16:07:
Yeah, if Randy is smart he'll stay far away from promoting whatever is next.

For the most part, he already has been. The statements in the announcement when they acquired Homeworld was from CCO Brian Martel instead of Randy Pitchford.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

48. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses May 3, 2013, 16:09 Krovven

I have no problem regarding the complaints of the E3 Gameplay Demo being nothing like the final game. I'm disappointed as much as everyone else, possibly more-so since I actually bought the game and have played it a fair amount. Whereas the loudest complainers never even bought the game. Some have admitted to buying it and not even bothering to play it.

Trying to file a class action suit based on that is just stupidity.

When I got the email regarding the Canadian Class Action suit against Sony, I ignored that too, and will not partake in something that is only going to line the pockets of the lawyers. Sony already compensated it's customers, in my opinion far more than it needed to. First off, there is no intent on Sony's part and it was not their fault. Governments around the world are being hacked, personal information stolen, but we don't have class action suits going against governments to bleed them to pay out $2-$5 per person and waste what would amount to billions of dollars of tax payers money.

So people claiming to be entitled to a few dollars credit added to their PSN accounts or what would amount to a coupon from Sega for use towards another of their games, is just wasting peoples time and energy to put money in the pockets of the lawyers.

44. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses May 3, 2013, 15:42 Krovven

I want a refund on the movie Cliffhanger because it didn't have that crazy cliff jump from the trailers in the theatrical release of the movie. I paid $10 to see it and was forced rent the movie on DVD to see the cliff jump after it was added back in. /sarcasm

People are stupid.

40. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses May 3, 2013, 15:32 Krovven

jdreyer wrote on May 3, 2013, 14:10:
Question on this. The big deal was being made about the way a demo looked 6 months (there was one back in 2011, too) before release. However, there were three trailers released right before the game shipped.

I don't own the game, but maybe someone can address it. Do these look better/different than what shipped?

It's exactly how the game looked at launch. Looks better after the 4gig patch. Everyone's complaints are based on the E3 Demo footage.

News Comments > Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit
50. Re: Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit May 1, 2013, 18:21 Krovven

Verno wrote on May 1, 2013, 16:31:
I never played the Caesar games, are they much more technical than SimCity games? I'm wondering whether I should pick up Anno or not.

Best to watch the gameplay videos of it to answer that question. I don't know how accurate my explanation would be, as I don't really dive into the intricacies of Sim building games.

With that said Anno games to me seem to thrive on efficient placement of resource buildings that ultimately means separating all resource and building types, thus not having an intermixed city at all. So as someone said, you are building an empire, not a city. The island maps of Anno lends itself to this design, and it's not necessarily a bad thing. It's just different. It's not totally like the Caesar games, maybe just moreso with the focus on building the Trade empire, and later on in the game the bit of RTS combat that came into play. There are just more similarities to Caesar, than say SimCity.

Anno 2070 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYFLhADYd3k

46. Re: Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit May 1, 2013, 15:23 Krovven

thestryker wrote on May 1, 2013, 15:02:
Not to mention debacles like d3 and sim city haven't really deterred people

I realize I'm probably in the minority, but D3 wasn't a debacle in my opinion. They had issues for the first day (which a lot of game have). Sim City over a month later is still completely broken. People still have never gotten some of their cities back, some still losing cities. As people lose cities and abandon the game, it breaks regions which fucks over any other player in that region. The Ai is still badly broken and their 2.0 patch created more bugs than it fixed. I really wanted to be enticed to get SimCity, but I luckily didn't bite on pre-ordering that one.

On a related note: I bought Tropico 4 Collection on GMG for $10 and it's exactly what the doctor ordered to fill the SimCity void. I also have Anno 2070, but it's more like the Caesar games (throw in some naval RTS combat and trading), where Tropico is more SimCity style.

D3, I've played for hundreds of hours, have all 5 classes to lvl 60 and still play off and on, and will continue to for a long time. I have not had any major problems with the game since the first few hours of launch day/night.

40. Re: Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit May 1, 2013, 14:10 Krovven

TangledThorns wrote on May 1, 2013, 12:49:
I pre-ordered the game through greenmangaming and have yet to install it... FML. Oh and first world problems.

Seems like a waste. Why not judge the game for yourself instead of being influenced by what others say? You apparently did pay for the game after all.

If you want someone to play through coop with you, find me on Steam.

39. Re: Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit May 1, 2013, 14:05 Krovven

As with others, I hope this class action suit does not go through. The only people that win with these types of grievances are the lawyers.

As far as ACM goes, I preordered the game and the seasons pass. Luckily I got them both very cheap and I ultimately have gotten my money's worth out of it. The demo video graphics to final game was a big difference and that was a disappointment. The 4gig patch greatly improved the visuals and performance throughout the game. The story was fine until they worked Hicks into it, which completely breaks continuity with the films. Ai has some issues, but again has been greatly improved in the 4gig patch. The game is best played on Ultimate Badass.

The level design, is consistent with the Aliens film. After having played the game a fair amount, and then going back and watching the movie again, they recreated the aesthetic look and floormap exactly like the movie. I can see why some people will take issue with them using a 1986 design and not upgrading it, but I like that they recreated it exactly how it was in the movie.

The game was rough the first time I played through it in the first couple days it was out. But, it was still a lot of fun since I was playing with 2 other friends and we were exploring every mission for the dog tags, weapons and easter eggs. Since the 4gig patch and the Bug Hunt DLC has come out, I've played through most of the campaign missions again doing Challenges and currently working on an Ultimate Badass playthrough when the mood strikes. I've also put probably 20+ hours into the Bug Hunt DLC (basically Nazi Zombies from CoD), which is a blast if you like that kind of gameplay. The multiplayer is also good, the aliens control well. Unfortunately the multiplayer game is dead because the matchmaking system doesn't work for shit. I'm hoping they resolve this and get a browser system for the patch they are working on, that seems to be overdue at this point.

The game isn't that great, but even bad games can still be fun. For me, ACM is one of them, a guilty pleasure if you will. I look forward to seeing what the upcoming patch and DLC will be (no we still don't know). To truly save the game though, several things need to happen, and I unfortunately doubt they will. Do away with the matchmaking system and get a browser system, free multiplayer weekend with an accompanying sale (like $20-$25 including Bug Hunt) and not as critical, but the new DLC better be as good as the Bug Hunt DLC was.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 28, 2013, 18:42 Krovven

PHJF, version 1.3x of Riptide Helper added an AA option.

I'm over 20 hrs in Riptide I think, solo this far and around level 60 with the new John character. Having a blast and haven't even left the first island yet, but about to. I search everywhere and everything, generally multiple times. Riptide lends itself to playing through with multiple characters and focusing on their weapon specialty.

News Comments > XCOM Shooter "Fresh Look" Reveal in "Days"
43. Re: XCOM Shooter Apr 24, 2013, 21:46 Krovven

Tanto Edge wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 17:59:
Are you on glue?

No, but apparently you are. Throwing silly insults for stating my experience and not being happy with it? Don't be an ass.

16. Re: XCOM Shooter Apr 24, 2013, 12:02 Krovven

Beamer I'm referring to restarting missions from the start, not saving and repeating actions.

You give an example in your previous post. When you come across a group of enemies, they would get to displace, even though it was your turn and not the Ai's turn, rendering your unit placement and tactics almost pointless. Regardless what you would do, most situations you couldn't get the drop on the enemy because of this.

It also seemed like it was predetermined at the start of a mission whether your units would miss the majority of their attacks, or hit the majority, regardless of percentages.

Having been playing a lot of Civ5 and Warlock lately, understanding those mechanics and outcomes being predictable based on what I did, I found XCOM very unpredictable regardless of my tactics.

6. Re: XCOM Shooter Apr 24, 2013, 09:51 Krovven

My biggest problem with XCOM EU was the lack of consistency in combat.

The problems to me are most notable when you reload a mission, make the exact same moves, yet the outcome was different regardless of the execution of movement, tactics and abilities. There is also the problems with line of sight, and cover meaning very little, which they have even mentioned publicly they are/were looking at, but never actually fixed.

Some people may love this randomness, but to me, it just throws player skill out the window when it comes to a turn-based game.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide
26. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide Apr 24, 2013, 09:39 Krovven

Verno wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 08:57:
Yeah that seems fair, Dead Island was a 6/10 for me so about a 7/10 sounds about right based on what people are saying and where the critics are landing. To be honest I've just started ignoring scores for the most part since it seems like the text and scores are often wildly contradictory (I'm assuming for metacritic/advertising purposes or something).

I don't either. I had already pre-ordered based on the first game, and the GMG deal with $13 credit and a copy of Risen made it worth it to me. I was checking reviews out of curiosity yesterday just to see what was being said. And started looking at more than usual after seeing several reviews bashing it for being more of the same (when we were told to expect more of the same), while they completely omitted mentioning new features.

25. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide Apr 24, 2013, 09:28 Krovven

Just a bit more info on the DLC. As I was wondering myself if the XP boost was continuous or if starting at level 15 was the boost and people without the DLC started at level 1.

And the special NPC vendor is in Halai...don't know where that is yet.

"A note about pre-order DLC:
The Survivor Pack DLC...Once activated, it will give you the BBQ Blade & blueprint, a bunch of medkits, the XP booster (continuous), and adds a discount to the special weapon NPC vendor.

This does not activate until you land on Palanai. The items should appear in your inventory the moment you do.

I saw some people having issues with it and restarting Steam fixed that, so try that in the meantime while we go over it. If you can't find the NPC vendor, you can find her in Halai in a house."

Deep Silver also has an active Community Manager on the Steam forums.
I'll just stick the URL here, rather than quoting a bunch more stuff.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/216250/discussions/0/828936719123525994/

22. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide Apr 24, 2013, 08:41 Krovven

Aero wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 03:21:
Because it just came with it. I didn't know I had it until I looked up my keys. It's cheaper than on Steam alone anyways. Seems to me that it just gives you a more powerful weapon to use once the game proper starts. Not really a big deal. I also started with 15XP, and I'm not sure if that's part of the DLC thingy or just the way it goes (since I already earned eall that stuff in the first one, it's just being a little closer to where I finished off the first one.

Still doesn't make sense to me, especially when it takes a few seconds to read the product page, be it on GMG or Steam. It "was" listed in both locations and in the last 6 hours while I slept it has been removed.

Everyone who pre-orders the game before its release will get the Survivor Pack, which grants players a BBQ blade, an XP/Stat boost for faster leveling up, and access to a special in-game shop with discounted weapons and items."

As Redmask said most DLC is superficial crap. In this case I'd disagree and it's DLC that is most likely going to cost extra in a month. Regardless, not knowing what you are getting when you buy something, even if it is just a game, seems counter-intuitive to the consumer process. Considering many people on Steam are claiming they didn't get their DLC, it's worth knowing what you should be getting, so you can make sure you do get it.

It's akin to reading the box contents on a retail product to make sure all the pieces are there when you open it. I don't mean to harp about it, to me it just seems like it should be standard practice to know what you are buying.

And I agree, it's a 7/10 game, mainly because regardless of the bugs it's still a fun game. Gamespots 4/10 review is garbage and contradictory. I don't agree with the practice of the whole Metacritic scores effecting developer bonuses, etc. But knowing of this practice, reviewers should be striving to be as accurate as possible. Being 30 points lower than the average of the other reviews, while contradicting their publications review of the first game. It's unfair to the developer...and their readers.

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2013, 08:51.

18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide Apr 24, 2013, 01:09 Krovven

Dead Island Riptide Helper released.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/216250/discussions/0/828937261940292800/

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide Apr 24, 2013, 00:45 Krovven

Aero wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 00:36:
apparently you get the pre-order DLC too. I have no idea what that is. Probably nothing intersting.

I don't understand this.

Why wouldn't you look to see what you are getting when buying something?

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide Apr 24, 2013, 00:26 Krovven

GMG with GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Apr 23, 2013, 23:43 Krovven

Troll harder next time.

$1.29 is no different than the majority of stuff on iTunes. Buying the whole soundtrack is $12, which is perfectly in line with anything else.

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide Apr 23, 2013, 23:03 Krovven

I just tried joining Hoodwinked, and some other random games listed on the Game Lobby screen and wasn't able to connect to any of them.

I assumed by the Coop Friends thread on Steam that coop was working for some...but at closer inspection, it seems like it may not be working at all currently.

I also had a problem not being able to rebind something to the Q key (Firearm Melee is hardcoded to Q), and recall that also being a problem at launch of Dead Island. People with 7.1 audio seem to be having a problem too, which was a problem never resolved with DI.

Seems Techland are experiencing many of the exact same problems they launched DI with, some eventually fixed, others not. Hopefully they get Coop fixed as quickly as they did with the first game.

6864 Comments. 344 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo