Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6802 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced
36. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 17:30 Krovven

Verno wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 16:29:
And yet you're still here despite repeated claims that you were moving on because it was so unbearable

Yea, 1 post in 6 months, 2 in 8 months (prior to this)...I'm clearly still here conversing with you idiots. I'm curious as to where these repeated phantom claims are that I was moving on. It's funny how irrational minds can fill in the blanks. Just like when irrational minds fill in the blanks on games they haven't played, so they can support their hate towards them. I didn't realise that if I stopped posting for awhile that suddenly means I can no longer return to the promise land that Verno rules over!

As usual the rest of your post is drivel. Verno presenting, with all his hypocrisy intact, that he is taking the high road and is clearly superior to everyone else.

Nothing stopping people from posting about how great Aliens is and why others are wrong about it for example

People can't, because the game isn't out yet. Nobody has even played multiplayer yet. See now why the incessant whining about a game that nobody has played yet makes so much sense? There can be no rational discussion on how good this game PLAYS (particularly multiplayer), only irrational hatred. Darks isn't even being the opposite, an irrational fanboy. He just wants to wait and see how it plays before passing judgement and is willing to pay for it to find out for himself.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced
33. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 16:15 Krovven

Jivaro wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 15:27:
You have a point about unnecessary negativity, but your comments only contribute to it and foster the environment you are so vocally protesting against. You have an ignore list, use it or abandon the site. The hypocrisy in your posts is tiring and counter-productive.

Sucks don't it Darks? For pointing out the obvious, that the Blues forums are a community filled with people that just want to hate games and attack the people that like them. Being attacked for merely liking a game that the inbred heathens here hate, simply based on a few trailers they've seen. They've bitched about plenty of other games, but Aliens is the whipping boy this month. Don't worry, it will pass. In March Heart of the Swarm is due and the locusts will swarm to hate that one too.

And now Jivaro, stating your comments only contribute to the problems in this thread and you best be on your way. They don't want to hear an opposing opinion that might have some rationality behind it. Either fall in line with the pitchforks and chanting or get the fuck out.

News Comments > Black Mesa Source This Month
96. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 7, 2012, 14:24 Krovven

Prez wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 00:23:
Dades wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 07:28:
Jivaro wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 23:18:
It is rare that I see the comments section of Blues so unified against one particular point of view.

Everybody...group hug!!

D3 did that too, it was touching.

Just switch in Krovven for Mad Max, and it's exactly the same!

BTW, can you believe he actually unfriended me on Steam because I bashed Diablo 3??? Like the saying goes, with friends like these...

I haven't posted since July, yet little children still need to insult me and attribute what someone else is saying as if I said it.

FYI, Mad Max is in an idiot, just like the majority of fools still talking trash about devs, games and gamers on Blues. Unfortunately Prez has grouped himself with those people by attacking others for the games they like. I unfriended you because you actually stated you hoped hackers were ruining gamers experiences with Diablo 3, but I would have done it regardless of the game. I don't associate myself with people that wish ill will on others, because of the games they play.

Time to grow up Prez.

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 2012, 14:32.

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III
83. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 20, 2012, 12:19 Krovven

Prez wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 02:04:
Wow, you are just completely, utterly irrational.

Funny. That's what I've been saying about you. Irrational is going around crying like a child in every thread about a form of entertainment and how it raped your children and ruined your life.

Speaking of irrational, someone can tell nin that if he wasn't so delusional he'd notice that right after I started the Blues News group, I passed it over to Blue. That was 5-7 years ago now? Furthermore, I've since left the Blues group because the amount of people I want to continue relationships with from Blues is a handful and they are already on my friends list. Some people need to grow the fuck up in a big way.

As I said to someone last night, I'm no longer surprised that D3 threads are 75% ignored users, and most of those people never bought the game to begin with, yet they are still bitching about the game 2 months after release. So yes, I guess not wanting to be associated with whiney self entitled little shits makes me the irrational one that needs mental help.

69. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 20, 2012, 01:49 Krovven

Prez wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 17:30:
LMAO! Talk to me again when you get your panties unwadded there, sparky. Jesus dude - is Diablo 3 your mom or something? Lighten up.

I'm not the grown adult crying in every D3 thread about how butthurt they are over "entertainment".

Nor do I go around hoping that others experiences are intentionally ruined by hackers.

You seemed like a good guy Prez. Turns out you are just a sad individual like the others around here that obsess over games and the companies that make them, spewing hatred over what you feel they owe you.

43. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 17:11 Krovven

Prez wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 14:21:
I think most would agree that ActiBlizz could have taken a shit in a box and slapped the Diablo sticker on it and it would have sold 7 million plus copies.

That isn't what they did for Diablo 3?

Sorry - can't help myself lately. Having a serious hate-on for Blizzard with how badly they fucked up my Diablo. Maybe I'll eventually get over it, but I am going to enjoy it while it lasts!

So we can continue to see you acting like a self-entitled little baby in D3 threads? Good to know.

42. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 17:08 Krovven

Julio wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 16:56:
Diablo 3 is dead in the water now.

There seems to be this fantasy land where you and several other losers live, where D3 was a bomb and didn't sell 6+ million copies (last known number) and doesn't have millions of people still playing and enjoying it.

Try joining reality for a change instead of making shit up.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 15:49 Krovven

wtf_man wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 15:26:
I picked up Saints Row the Third for the summer sale. I'm kind of surprised... it's actually good... better than GTA, IMO.

One of the best games last year. Having skipped SR1 & 2 based on all the negative feedback, I was very surprised that SR3 was getting an excellent response and grabbed it around xmas on GMG for $20. Just grabbed most of the DLC today, so thinking Im going to jump back in for some more.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 15, 2012, 15:36 Krovven

They asked them not to eat for 2 hours before the mealtime-scheduled appointments, recorded their appetite level before each session began, and then observed them playing games or watching TV for an hour.

So, they put hungry people alone in a room, with video games and food. The outcome, they ate while playing video games. Shocking!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2012, 15:23 Krovven

Alamar wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 22:47:
Wallshadows wrote on Jul 14, 2012, 17:12:
Walking Dead Season 3 trailer has been been released.

Thankie : )

I like this show : )

-Alamar

I like the show, but it's been a love/hate relationship, kind of like Lost was. I'm hoping, based on this trailer (which looks fantastic) and Darabont no longer being the showrunner that things will pick up.

PHJF, this is the Comic-Con trailer. And yes TV shows have had trailers forever.

News Comments > Vivendi Seeking Activision Buyers
76. Re: Vivendi Seeking Activision Buyers Jul 12, 2012, 04:34 Krovven

wtf_man wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 20:59:
I said WoW and probably COD... two of their major cash cows, are on a downward trend.

Again, try reading their financial reports, you are wrong. They made 1 billion in profits in 2011 over 416mil in 2010, with WoW and CoD being their main earners. This is fact. This is not debatable. This is not opinion. It's that simple.

News Comments > Vivendi Seeking Activision Buyers
62. Re: Vivendi Seeking Activision Buyers Jul 11, 2012, 19:46 Krovven

Downward decline? Try Google. 2011 profits were way up over 2010 for Activision/Blizzard. A company that is bringing in 1 Billion dollar a year profits is not sold off because they aren't making enough money.

Vivendi has other reasons for selling Activision/Blizzard and I think it has absolutely nothing to do with how much revenue they are generating. If anything they are selling the company off now because they are at peak, have seen one of the best years (if not the best) they have ever had and someone will pay top dollar for them.

Vivendi itself is having a lot of financial problems from what I've read and their own shares aren't doing so well. $10 Billion will probably go a long way in getting them out of the trouble they are in.

News Comments > Source Filmmaker Open Beta
20. Re: Source Filmmaker Open Beta Jul 11, 2012, 19:25 Krovven

You have absolutely nothing of substance because it was a stupid argument in the first place, so all you can do is resort to calling me a fanboy. Got it.

News Comments > Source Filmmaker Open Beta
17. Re: Source Filmmaker Open Beta Jul 11, 2012, 16:13 Krovven

/facepalm. I don't think you know what IP (Intellectual Property) even means.

Narbacular Drop is an Intellectual Property. Portal is an IP. Left 4 Dead is an IP. Counter-Strike is an IP. Half-Life is an IP. These are all ORIGINAL IP's based on other game concepts.

Very little in the industry at this point is actually "original".

Your CoD example is like saying Half-Life isn't an original IP because it's a first-person shooter, and wasn't the first.

Basically at this point you are grasping at anything to support your weak argument, and you just look dumb doing it.

Companies hire people to get their creations. Sometimes they have already created something before hired, sometimes after, sometimes it's just a proof-of-concept when hired, etc. Narbacular Drop was a STUDENT project, not made by a company. They hired those students to expand on their ideas, while incorporating some of their experienced existing staff into the design process.

TF guys were just random guys, not a company, that were all hired by Valve. Counter-Strike & DoDs same thing. Turtle Rock was absorbed by Valve after years of just making stuff for Valve anyways.

So no, they are not like EA at all. They don't buy out companies then shut them down 6 months to a couple years later. Valve has NEVER done that.

So why fault a good company for hiring talented people and allowing those people to make a great living off their ideas?

This comment was edited on Jul 11, 2012, 16:38.

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Announced
51. Re: Steam Greenlight Announced Jul 10, 2012, 16:14 Krovven

The Ars article completely neglected to name the Director of Deep as being Shane Acker, director of 9. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0472033/

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Announced
15. Re: Steam Greenlight Announced Jul 9, 2012, 19:26 Krovven

Dr.Del wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 18:49:
This is a direct rip off of Kickstarter's success with Steam taking a cut of the profits.

Shame on Newell.

I'm sure someone else that gives a shit can find the quote...but it was years ago that Gabe first suggested the idea of crowd-funding devs on Steam, but they said there were too many legal issues to deal with.

Regardless, based on their press release, this has nothing to do with crowd-funding.

PS: "Kickstarter" isn't one of it's kind. There are other sites doing the same thing, using the exact same web template as Kickstarter.

But hey, don't let that stop you guys from keeping your head up your ass.

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 8, 2012, 21:47 Krovven

Dev wrote on Jul 8, 2012, 21:31:
I wasn't suggesting the people buying it are arma 2 fans who will buy arma 3.

And if you look at the first post, that's exactly what he was suggesting, and I was countering.

And your numbers, nor do mine, tell us anything about how many people buy it and stop playing after a very short period of time. Which was my point. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are more sales than there are players. Which is actually a compliment towards the mod as I think they'd have far more players if they were not using the Arma 2 engine.

I missed the 22,000 and was looking at the '110,000 in 24 hrs'. That's decent numbers, but could also be cherry picked from a high peak after a sale. I thought the recent word was that the interest in DayZ had fallen off due to some changes to social impact gameplay?

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 8, 2012, 21:02 Krovven

Jerykk wrote on Jul 8, 2012, 18:29:
Krovven wrote on Jul 8, 2012, 15:41:
psst, just because someone buys Arma II for DayZ doesn't mean they will keep playing it beyond the first 15-30min. Nor does it mean they will tolerate the controls or the gameplay in Arma.

Maybe. But if everyone hated the controls and gameplay, you'd think that negative word of mouth would have spread by now. Arma 2 has been on top of the Steam list for weeks.

People like the gameplay of DayZ, they put up with the controls. This has been repeated over and over by a lot of people.

Arma 2 has both shit gameplay and shit controls.

People buying Arma 2 aren't buying it for Arma.

As far as I'm concerned, best thing DayZ could do, is move to a better engine.

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 8, 2012, 20:56 Krovven

Dev wrote on Jul 8, 2012, 15:55:
Krovven wrote on Jul 8, 2012, 15:41:
psst, just because someone buys Arma II for DayZ doesn't mean they will keep playing it beyond the first 15-30min.
Psst, if one RTFA on the day z news blue posted a little above they'd see this:

"Currently we're running 22,000 concurrent at full peak, and 10,000 off peak
[...]
"We now have 1000 servers. We're getting 110,000 players in a 24 hour period at the moment."

Thats not the player numbers for people buying and stopping playing after a few mins. Thats twice as good as the player numbers steam has for things like L4D2, and almost half as good as the numbers for CS.

And that has what to do with the ratio of purchases to those still playing? And how does that correlate to those that stopped playing due to controls? Nothing. Feel free to continue debating what is only a theory based on the shit controls and gameplay of the Arma series. Just like Techie's theory that people buying Arma 2 for DayZ automatically turn into people buying vanilla Arma 3.

You can hardly compare Steam numbers for L4D2 to a static 24 hr period that they are referring to in the article. L4D2 peak today (so far) was 11,365....that's PEAK unique users at a single specific point of day, that's not unique users for the whole day. Arma 2 (on Steam) is sitting at 4,723 peak.

How does this automatically translate to new fans for Arma 3 as the OP was suggesting? It doesn't, at all. People are buying the game for DayZ, not Arma.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 2012, 21:08.

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 8, 2012, 15:41 Krovven

psst, just because someone buys Arma II for DayZ doesn't mean they will keep playing it beyond the first 15-30min. Nor does it mean they will tolerate the controls or the gameplay in Arma.

6802 Comments. 341 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo