Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6759 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator
12. Re: Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator Jun 11, 2012, 11:47 Krovven

Blue wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 11:35:
Krovven wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 11:32:
They use this incident to once again question the game's inconvenient always-on DRM.

Really Blue? So this was fixed in a few days instead of a few months (ie: how it was for Diablo 2), and this brings into question the benefits of always-on? /facepalm If anything is shows the benefit of it.

"They use this incident to once again question the game's inconvenient always-on DRM."

Emphasis added, though it seemed clear enough to begin with.

Right, that's why you tacked that troll bait story as the lead onto a story regarding the official terms of service being updated for the Authenticator and the RMAH.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator
8. Re: Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator Jun 11, 2012, 11:32 Krovven

They use this incident to once again question the game's inconvenient always-on DRM.

Really Blue? So this was fixed in a few days instead of a few months (ie: how it was for Diablo 2), and this brings into question the benefits of always-on? /facepalm If anything is shows the benefit of it.

What does bring into question of the always-on, is the use of bots. They should have been stamped out just as quickly as the duping exploit.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Warlock Jun 10, 2012, 17:02 Krovven

Warlock is worth the $10. The Ai is decent, but I'm no strategy master and haven't explored the higher difficulties yet.

I've got 26 hours in the game, which is a completed single large game against max Ai on continents. I also put 6 hrs into the demo. I'm not a strategy gamer generally. But I'm familiar with the Civ games and the first couple Disciples games. Warlock is a mix of the two, and the familiar Civ5 interface had me hooked.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2012, 17:11.

News Comments > Diablo III Patched & Next Patch Notes
23. Re: Diablo III Patched & Next Patch Notes Jun 7, 2012, 15:27 Krovven

http://tinyurl.com/bow3csx Reddit D3 Q&A yesterday.

URL tag function really needs to be fixed.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch
165. Re: Diablo III Patch Jun 5, 2012, 12:16 Krovven

Yea, using an Open Source Authenticator App is such a fantastic idea when the goal is to keep your account safe. /facepalm

Free mobile app, or pay the measly $7 for the keychain.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
27. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jun 3, 2012, 13:59 Krovven

Illumin wrote on Jun 2, 2012, 22:38:
Seriously? WTF was World War 2 about? If that wasn't a fight for democracy I don't know what is.

While I agree with pretty much everything you said, WW2 had absolutely nothing to do with "Democracy". Japan was already at war with China, Germany invaded Poland in 1939. NOTHING TO DO WITH DEMOCRACY! Hitler just wanted to wipe out Poland and everyone in it and take the land for himself.

Aside from lending some troops as assistance to the Brits, the US did not officially enter the war until 1941 when Japan declared war on the US and attacked Pearl Harbour. Again, nothing to do with Democracy.

Since WW2, the US have invested heavily into their military and using that strength to force their own political agenda (democracy conversion) upon other countries (ie: Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, etc).

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
32. Re: Diablo III Patched Jun 1, 2012, 14:02 Krovven

Dmitri_M wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 13:53:
Krovven wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 13:47:
then it would appear that all games, devs, pubs, and all their varying business practices are all shit and would need to burn alive for their sins against our children.
Lighten up, Krovven

Ya, I need to lighten up. Im not the one that has been constantly bitching about everything D3 for the last 2 weeks. In fact Ive only posted a handful of times since D3 came out, mainly because Im too busy enjoying the game and could care less what the retards here have to say about it.

New game reveal stories get posted and immediately it's just posts of bitching right away when they know fuck all about the game. As someone else posted the other day (and has been said many time by others), BN has the most negative, jaded gamers and it's a shit community. If it wasn't for a very few people, and the actual news structure, I would not come here at all.

27. Re: Diablo III Patched Jun 1, 2012, 13:47 Krovven

Yea I don't use the Blizz WoW forums as a gauge for what people playing the game want or have problems with. I talked to the people in-game, that actually play the game and that I played with, those that don't just constantly bitch about everything on forums. Just like I don't use these forums as a gauge for what people actually want and like. If I used commenters on Blues as a gauge, then it would appear that all games, devs, pubs, and all their varying business practices are all shit and would need to burn alive for their sins against our children.

22. Re: Diablo III Patched Jun 1, 2012, 12:46 Krovven

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 12:33:
Fair point but it begs to wonder whether they are being lazy or efficient by waiting to bundle tooltip errors with gameplay changes (as minor as they can be) rather than to do it sooner especially in the case of stealth nerfs.

It's standard practice for Blizzard, has long been the practice with WoW and makes perfect sense. But people didn't cry about it with WoW. They read the patch notes and continued playing. If something needs to be changed now, devs can change it on their end and the next time the server restarts (or is forced if the problem is that severe) the update will take place. Next time the client is updated, the non-critical stuff gets updated. It is the most efficient way of updating urgent problems. Or would you prefer they take the servers down and update the clients constantly?

This is one of the reasons for being "online only". They can update problems far more quickly without having to involve the client. How quickly people have forgotten the torture of having to wait months for a D2 patch that would fix a shit ton of stuff, but also left glaring problems wide open for months for people to exploit.

18. Re: Diablo III Patched Jun 1, 2012, 12:10 Krovven

nin wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 11:46:
wonkawonka wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 11:27:
The AH is basically a "I need better shit now, what's on sale for cheap?"
If an item hasn't been bid on in the first 3 hours, likely it'll never sell. And every item I've sold or bought has been at buyout price. The speed at which one goes up in levels makes it so that you have to look very very far ahead when actually bidding for an item.
36 hours from now you'll be 5-10 levels ahead, and who knows by then if you'll be lucky to find the items that make this one useless?

No, it's all about choosing the stats you want and looking at the buyout prices.

Yep. If you're bidding, you're wasting your time. Grab it and go. It's not like gold isn't easy to come by.

Yea not everyone is obtuse enough to only purchase gear for their current toon and must have the gear now. Aside from buying gear that may be useful for more than 1 toon, as a seller it's difficult to gauge whether a level 1 Rare will go for 3k or 15k and incremental bidding is the driving force behind that. I would like to see a short auction duration option of 3 hrs or so.

So I'm pretty sure that the majority of people out there could care less if nin gets his panties in a wad because there is no buyout price.

15. Re: Diablo III Patched Jun 1, 2012, 12:00 Krovven

Dev wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 10:22:
Tooltips for the following class abilities have been updated to reflect changes made in patch 1.0.2 and previous hotfixes

Sounds like something valve would do. Hey guis, if you change an ability, change the text!

Jesus Christ, do people not understand how a "hot fix" works?

It gets fixed server side. The tooltips don't get fixed until the next client patch. They even state this with the hot fix patch notes.

Applies to Wallshadows post too.

64. Re: Diablo III Patch May 29, 2012, 19:34 Krovven

RollinThundr wrote on May 29, 2012, 18:53:
Regardless, Blizzard flat out simply does not do enough to secure their network and player base period. If this were any other company there would be class action lawsuits. But because it's the all mighty can't do any wrong Blizzard, people eat it up and pat them on the back for riding the fail boat on a regular basis.

Like I said, so much misinformation...

So even though the likelihood of the problem being 99% end-user related, Blizzard isn't doing enough? They use a random key gen hardware, release free software for smart phones and they still don't do enough? This is all to protect the masses that are incapable of protecting themselves. To my knowledge, the only other game company that has done as much is Sony with EQ, and that happened long after Blizzard did it for WoW.

How about the end-users take their heads from their asses, shut their mouths and solve their own security issues instead of just pointing the finger at everyone else?

What companies exactly have (baseless) class action lawsuits against them due to lack of end-user security? More bullshit, but from you that's a daily occurrence.

Pretty much every government branch and major company in the US (nevermind the rest of the world) has been hacked and continues to get hacked. Anyone that thinks that anything is 100% secure, or that some company can snap their fingers and solve the worlds digital security problems, is an idiot.

59. Re: Diablo III Patch May 29, 2012, 18:19 Krovven

So much misinformation both negative and positive coming from everyone. But Im only going to waste my time to correct one thing.

From... http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149181449#1

In all of the individual Diablo III-related compromise cases we've investigated, none have occurred after a physical Battle.net Authenticator or Battle.net Mobile Authenticator app was attached to the player's account, and we have yet to find any situation where a Diablo III player's account was accessed outside of "traditional" compromise methods (i.e. someone logging using an account's login email and password).

This is all new to non-WoW players, so the misinformation and rage is flowing freely.

I've been using a mobile Authenticator since it was released for Battle.net and I've never had any problems. Nor did I before I started using the Authenticator. Since I've started using it many people I know in WoW had their account "hacked" and they never had an Authenticator.

There are many ways that someone could "hack" an account, most of them end up being enduser error. This doesn't mean that there couldn't be a leak somewhere in Blizzard, just means it is very unlikely and I'd bet 99 times out of 100 that the source of the compromise was on the users end.

News Comments > Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy
98. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 17, 2012, 13:15 Krovven

Yea I'm the hypocrite for not wishing for bad game experiences for other gamers? Right.

Only hypocrites here are those with Steam accounts with hundreds to over thousands of games, some of which do not work in offline mode.

While we're having fun with Diablo 3, you guys just keep on staying strong. You look like such stand up citizens doing it.

News Comments > Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy
88. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 16, 2012, 19:30 Krovven

Prez wrote on May 16, 2012, 18:47:
I'm normally not a proponent for breaking the law, but if that is what happened (though frankly I doubt it is) then I say good on him.

Shame on you Prez. So much fucking hate about a goddamn video game, that you hope someone ruined everyone elses fun out of spite?

I may disagree with you on the whole idea that Diablo has to be a single-player experience, but shit like this just puts you in the same shit-pile as the rest of the trolls.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
240. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 16, 2012, 04:50 Krovven

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 16, 2012, 03:05:
Not trolling, just a good ol' fashioned "told ya so" to all those fanboys who were blaming all the issues during the open stress test weekend on the fact that it was beta and a stress test, and claiming that everything would be fine at release. You know who you are.

Having to deal with losing progress in a single-player game because some server puked or your net connection got screwy for a minute is just really really stupid.

And do you know what caused the outages? Most likely hardware failure. You can test and test and test...something will always fail and have to be replaced. Or, simply bugs. If the final boss isn't giving loot, you think that's worth them taking the servers down to do maintenance? Or should people that kill the final boss continue to get nothing?

There is no lost progress. You start from the last checkpoint, which they are frequent, just like most other games. As usual the idiots that didn't buy the game are talking out of their ass.

This comment was edited on May 16, 2012, 04:56.

237. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 16, 2012, 02:16 Krovven

You know you can just play on the Euro servers...

193. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 18:36 Krovven

It's back up now.

186. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 18:30 Krovven

Teddy wrote on May 15, 2012, 18:19:
SWTOR?

Gamespy

MMORPG

Joytiq staggered launch woes

The above was from a quick Google and not even checking the official forums or anywhere else for issues from launch day.

How quickly people forget that even though servers were up, there were long queues and some people simply just could not log on because of the staggered launch. I'd say people that couldn't log on for DAYS after launch would disagree with you that SWOTR launch didn't have it's own problems.

Nevermind that SWOTR did not see the numbers Diablo 3 is seeing.

6759 Comments. 338 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo