Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6784 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 8, 2012, 20:56 Krovven

Dev wrote on Jul 8, 2012, 15:55:
Krovven wrote on Jul 8, 2012, 15:41:
psst, just because someone buys Arma II for DayZ doesn't mean they will keep playing it beyond the first 15-30min.
Psst, if one RTFA on the day z news blue posted a little above they'd see this:

"Currently we're running 22,000 concurrent at full peak, and 10,000 off peak
[...]
"We now have 1000 servers. We're getting 110,000 players in a 24 hour period at the moment."

Thats not the player numbers for people buying and stopping playing after a few mins. Thats twice as good as the player numbers steam has for things like L4D2, and almost half as good as the numbers for CS.

And that has what to do with the ratio of purchases to those still playing? And how does that correlate to those that stopped playing due to controls? Nothing. Feel free to continue debating what is only a theory based on the shit controls and gameplay of the Arma series. Just like Techie's theory that people buying Arma 2 for DayZ automatically turn into people buying vanilla Arma 3.

You can hardly compare Steam numbers for L4D2 to a static 24 hr period that they are referring to in the article. L4D2 peak today (so far) was 11,365....that's PEAK unique users at a single specific point of day, that's not unique users for the whole day. Arma 2 (on Steam) is sitting at 4,723 peak.

How does this automatically translate to new fans for Arma 3 as the OP was suggesting? It doesn't, at all. People are buying the game for DayZ, not Arma.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 2012, 21:08.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 8, 2012, 15:41 Krovven

psst, just because someone buys Arma II for DayZ doesn't mean they will keep playing it beyond the first 15-30min. Nor does it mean they will tolerate the controls or the gameplay in Arma.

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 8, 2012, 14:52 Krovven

Yea but they arent buying the game to play Arma II, they are buying it to play DayZ. There will be some new people brought to Arma series, but the majority won't due to the controls.

News Comments > Clint Hocking Leaves LucasArts
2. Re: Clint Hocking Leaves LucasArts Jun 29, 2012, 16:05 Krovven

Far Cry 2 creative director.

His time at LucasArts was short lived, don't think he even finished whatever he was working on. I've been hearing it's not the great place to work that it once was.

News Comments > Civilization V - Gods and Kings Demo
16. Re: Civilization V - Gods and Kings Demo Jun 29, 2012, 15:44 Krovven

On Sale at Greenmangaming.com I'm caving.

GreenManGaming G&K

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops
26. Re: removed Jun 28, 2012, 20:32 Krovven

So you are ok with him calling people weirdos for looking up items, but I can't call him a dipshit for his comment?

Keep up the bullshit Blue.

25. removed Jun 28, 2012, 19:53 Krovven

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 28, 2012, 20:09.

4. Re: Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops Jun 28, 2012, 13:36 Krovven

Verno wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 13:25:
and Bashioks post about having a general new design focus

Link please.

News Comments > Source Filmmaker Announced; Meet the Pyro Released
22. Re: Source Filmmaker Announced; Meet the Pyro Released Jun 27, 2012, 19:43 Krovven

Good thing I wasn't drinking anything while I watched that. Their "Meet the..." vids haven't made me laugh that hard since Demoman's 'prancing aboot with their heads full of eyeballs' line.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear
42. Re: Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear Jun 27, 2012, 12:49 Krovven

Luke wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 12:30:
eunichron wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 11:49:
Verno wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 09:20:
That's not a lot of money considering the length of time it takes to run both of those acts, the GPH is low to moderate.

It's all about finding optimized routes. There was a group of guys that posted an Act I route on Reddit the other day that my friend and I have been running as well. We tweaked it a little bit for ourselves (the guy was running a Wizard, my friend and I were doing it co-op with a tank barb and tank monk, so we cut out a couple spots that were too much time vs. reward), but we ended up with a ton of rares, a few upgrades between both of us, and about 200k gold an hour, which while isn't amazing GPH compared to pre-1.03, when you factor in the amount of items we got that were auctionable we made quite a bit more. It gets even easier and more efficient when you realize the maps have very little in terms of randomization, and you can begin to predict where caves and elites will spawn.

The bottom line is there is absolutely no point in the game where going to the AH is required. I have two characters in Act III Inferno right now, and I have never bought a single item off the AH. Everything I have I farmed myself or got it from a friend when we were playing a coop game. These people who think there is some sort of conspiracy with Blizzard purposely tweaking the drops and difficulty to force people into using the AH are just fucking ridiculous.

And those who think they did not purposely tweaking the drops are even more ridiculous , Clown

And what do you have to back that bullshit up with? Fact is the game is entirely beatable without ever touching the AH. This has been proven over and over in recent weeks. Do you think this due to the lack of Rare drops? Unless you have 0% MF, you should be seeing a ton of Rare drops. More than enough to go around, and if you play with friends, the chance of getting upgrades goes up drastically. If you want to be a loner and play by yourself, expect to have a slow and boring time farming gear.

BTW, it's been stated by Blizzard many many times that the game was balanced around never having to use the AH, as the AH did not even exist until late in development.

PS: Luke, learn how to use fucking punctuation buttons on your keyboard. Don't give me some line about English not being your native language. Your keyboard has them, end your goddamn sentences.

News Comments > Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition
14. Re: Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition Jun 21, 2012, 21:16 Krovven

DangerDog wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 21:02:
I don't follow Derpablo III that closely, what's the point of this exactly?

I can only guess this is to stop the farmers that just use stolen credit cards or other payment methods to pay for the digital edition. In which time they have instant access to the account to run their bots on until the fraud has been discovered. They just keep doing this and never actually having to pay for the majority of the accounts they use to farm, post 10 more items to the AH and spam chat channels and move the gold/items to legit accounts.

It's a stupid move on Blizzards part, after a stupid patch.

They just seem to be doing all the wrong things with good intentions.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer
8. Re: PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer Jun 21, 2012, 13:00 Krovven

But this requires an always-on connection. Bunch of hypocrites. Yea I'm looking at you Cutter.

News Comments > Diablo III Patched in Americas
53. Re: Diablo III Patched in Americas Jun 20, 2012, 12:30 Krovven

Sepharo wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 20:58:
Krovven wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 20:55:
Sepharo wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 20:52:
They stress on EVERYONE, means even Krovven (and Batman).

I was actually referring to the official forums, which you'd be very hard pressed to find a positive comment about this patch.

But troll as you will.

Hey, I put a little smiley face there. I had a better post earlier when you first assessed the patch but I decided against it. You can't deny you've been pretty outspoken in your acclaim/defense of the game.

Actually that's just a perception that the haters have, one that Bats pointed out in the other thread.

I've stated, 'D3 is great, it has some problems that need to be sorted out, but overall it's fantastic. I don't have a problem with online only, but would still like to see an offline mode.'

What the trolls see is, 'D3 is great, blah blah blah blah blah blah, but blah it's fantastic. I don't have a problem with online only, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.'

Trying to have a rational conversation about D3 with an irrational group of people is pointless. Especially when certain children around here are actually going to wish that hackers cause a poor gaming experience for those that do want to play.

32. Re: Diablo III Patched in Americas Jun 19, 2012, 20:55 Krovven

Sepharo wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 20:52:
Krovven wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 20:50:
RailWizard wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 20:25:
And all the mouth-breathing fanboys all go "great patch blizz, ur teh stuff!".

Really? Comments like that are no better than Wallshadows.

I've seen nothing but anger over this patch, from EVERYONE, and it's well deserved. They overreacted with the changes in many areas instead of focusing on dealing with the real cause of the problem(s).

They stress on EVERYONE, means even Krovven (and Batman).

I was actually referring to the official forums, which you'd be very hard pressed to find a positive comment about this patch.

But troll as you will.

30. Re: Diablo III Patched in Americas Jun 19, 2012, 20:50 Krovven

RailWizard wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 20:25:
And all the mouth-breathing fanboys all go "great patch blizz, ur teh stuff!".

Really? Comments like that are no better than Wallshadows.

I've seen nothing but anger over this patch, from EVERYONE, and it's well deserved. They overreacted with the changes in many areas instead of focusing on dealing with the real cause of the problem(s).

Even bigger irony is, the only people that can afford to run Inferno now, ARE the bot farmers.

News Comments > Diablo III Down for Patching
31. Re: Diablo III Down for Patching Jun 19, 2012, 20:13 Krovven

mch wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 12:59:
Verno wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 12:39:

No WD buffs in there either.

Did you think the WD needed buffs? I'm playing one and I'm pretty happy so far. Granted I'm only around lvl 29, so I'm just curious.

Wait till Elites get a lot tougher. WD dots and pets don't scale very well.

4. Re: Diablo III Patched in Americas Jun 19, 2012, 17:22 Krovven

I'm fully aware of the reasons for it, but thanks for the lesson.

They already nerfed the pots in a hot fix. Applying no MF to CHESTS of all things, nevermind dead bodies, etc is just stupidity.

2. Re: Diablo III Patched in Americas Jun 19, 2012, 17:07 Krovven

Magic Find will no longer be considered when looting objects in the environment such as chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses

Then why have Magic Find at all?

Nobody is going to bother looting chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses anymore, which is just going to lead to more people just racing through to find the Elites and ignoring everything else.

The folks I play with, we like exploring every and looting everything before moving on. There is ZERO reason to do this now, if MF doesn't help the loot from this stuff.

Idiotic change.

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2012, 17:14.

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.3 Skill Changes Found?
36. Re: Diablo III 1.0.3 Skill Changes Found? Jun 17, 2012, 17:24 Krovven

Alamar wrote on Jun 17, 2012, 16:25:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 17, 2012, 16:14:
Today must be pants day. 5 rare drops, 5 pants.....wtf!

I don't want to brag (but I will), but I had a few days with a bunch of rare pants drops in my youth : )

-Alamar

ZING!

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes
53. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes Jun 14, 2012, 19:10 Krovven

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 14:14:
Dev wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 14:03:
You'd think that a bug where people get achieves they haven't earned just by joining games would show up even on minimal internal testing of the patch. Are they letting us beta test the patches now?

After 100 hours, it only happened 1x for me. I had been in many games where my friends had gotten cheevos for jewel crafter or blacksmith - and I didn't get it then. I dunno. Weird stuff.

It's because the patch on Tuesday was awarding achieves that people earned and didn't get credit for.

Obviously there was a bug introduced that awarded certain achieves to people that just played with others that earned them. I gave 5 or 6 achieves between two people (Bats being one) just by joining their game Tuesday night.

6784 Comments. 340 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo