Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6884 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale May 24, 2013, 05:23 Krovven

Think of it as if you were to just by the pre-made themed decks and just play those.

You can swap out cards in decks, but I don't recall being able to make an entirely custom deck.

Considering you can get this with all the DLC once a year for less than the price of two pre-made themed decks of the physical cards, it's a good deal even if you only play it a few times. There is a single player campaign and you can play multiplayer or coop.

This comment was edited on May 24, 2013, 05:32.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Thunder Wolves
15. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Thunder Wolves May 16, 2013, 20:03 Krovven

wtf_man wrote on May 16, 2013, 18:23:
I'm saying that it would be nice to have some modern US Aircraft combat simulators, instead of these arcade shooters.

They are out there. If you wanted them that badly, you'd know about them. Very niche market these days.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/61000/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_3
http://store.steampowered.com/app/61010/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_2
http://store.steampowered.com/app/61010/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_2

Plenty of other more arcade combat focused games out there too, like Ace Combat (currently on sale on Steam). These are just the ones on Steam. There are others out there. Like Apache: Air Assault, which is on PC, but Activision for some reason didn't put it on Steam. It's actually a pretty good game (I played it on PS3).

Seeing as nobody in this thread complaining about the game has even played it...I'll just wait until a demo comes out or it's $5. I loved the Strike series of games, and would like to see a good similar game.

This comment was edited on May 16, 2013, 20:10.

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials
26. Re: Ubisoft Financials May 16, 2013, 17:27 Krovven

Luke wrote on May 16, 2013, 16:27:
Krovven wrote on May 16, 2013, 16:08:
Luke wrote on May 16, 2013, 08:40:
All i want is to buy a game install it without any of top 3 spyware software : 1 steam 2 uplay 3 gfwl

ohh and back then you got a nice box with paper manual and all funny stuff now...
you get a browser window telling you how many games you have and don't get me started on that shitty DLC , guess peps are to lazy to move there a.. to go out and buy there games sooo easy to sit on your a... click and you got your game.

Book

Most PC games don't even have a retail releases any more.

Materialism isn't something to be proud of by the way.

But everyone else is lazy because you have a compulsive need to have something pretty on the shelf to look at? /facepalm

don't hit your self to hard you like spyware i don't , and yes you can still get retail games tho to know that you have to get outside...to hard for some i guess Clown

You can still get "some" PC games at retail. Most you cannot. And the majority of the few titles still sold at retail are increasingly becoming Steamworks titles, or in the case of EA games, Origin titles.

The argument of Steam being spyware is long over, and you lost. If you still think it is spyware, then you are a stupid idiot that probably thinks the moon landing was done at a studio in hollywood.

But you stay strong, don't play any game that uses a digital distro service. As the rest of the world moves forward, we won't miss you.

Now looking at your post history, you basically never have anything of intelligence to contribute. I'll just ignore you now and save myself from any more idiotic ramblings.

News Comments > Metro: Last Light FOV Workaround
14. Re: Metro: Last Light FOV Workaround May 16, 2013, 16:59 Krovven

Parias wrote on May 16, 2013, 11:04:
On the one hand, I'm really happy that the stealth dynamics in this game are a lot more forgiving - I found the process of sneaking around to be a lot more frustrating in the previous game.

My experience with Metro 2033 isn't a good one. I played about 2/3 of the game, in Ranger/Hardcore mode and I got to a point in the game that I could no longer progress regardless of what I did.

Basically the game allows for stealth and exploration. It even rewards the player for exploration by having items hidden everywhere. The gas mask canisters means you can only spend a certain amount of time exploring. In Ranger/Hardcore mode, your gas canisters don't last very long. I was down to my last canister when I arrived at I think it was Polis, apparently the final "town" before finishing the last part of the game. Upon entering Polis, which is basically a single room with a few NPC's, you can talk to a couple NPC's and use the shop.

The shop does not sell canisters, the "town" being a single room has nowhere to explore and loot additional supplies like the previous towns. As soon as you take a few steps towards one of the NPC's you go into a brief cutscene/conversation and then get thrown outside to the next mission in the game.

I was on my last canister and had about 30 secs to 1 min left on it. About 10 times I reloaded running around that area, trying to avoid the 3-4 enemies trying to kill me while I franticly search for a canister or three. No dice. I couldn't backtrack from Polis, couldn't buy canisters, couldn't loot canisters, and there were no canisters to be found in the outdoor area that I was being forced into.

My only option was to reload previous checkpoints and conserve gas canisters instead of exploring. Fuck that.

Game over. I was so pissed off I uninstalled the game. I liked the game, but it took me probably 3 separate attempts (over several years) just to get that far in the game because I kept being frustrated by several of the game mechanics (ie: using all your ammo and weapons to kill seemingly indestructible monsters).

They won't get my money this time around...maybe when it's $5.

24. Re: Ubisoft Financials May 16, 2013, 16:14 Krovven

Spektr wrote on May 16, 2013, 12:07:
I dont wanna install all my games on the same partition because I have several partitions.

Welcome to 2013. Steam now allows the user to choose what hard drive to install each individual game.

I can patch my games myself all it takes is a download and a click.

Really? From where? Nobody releases standalone patches any more. Fileplanet and other file hosting sites are disappearing because they aren't needed.

I hate it because I am forced to use it.

You aren't forced to do anything. This isn't some right you have as a human being. It's a luxury. Stop playing games that are on Steam or any other digital distro. First world problems.

23. Re: Ubisoft Financials May 16, 2013, 16:08 Krovven

Luke wrote on May 16, 2013, 08:40:
All i want is to buy a game install it without any of top 3 spyware software : 1 steam 2 uplay 3 gfwl

ohh and back then you got a nice box with paper manual and all funny stuff now...
you get a browser window telling you how many games you have and don't get me started on that shitty DLC , guess peps are to lazy to move there a.. to go out and buy there games sooo easy to sit on your a... click and you got your game.

Book

Most PC games don't even have a retail releases any more.

Materialism isn't something to be proud of by the way.

But everyone else is lazy because you have a compulsive need to have something pretty on the shelf to look at? /facepalm

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Thunder Wolves
10. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Thunder Wolves May 16, 2013, 15:58 Krovven

wtf_man wrote on May 16, 2013, 15:40:
3rd person copters? Looks like HAWX, which I wouldn't touch.

We need some modern U.S. Sims (F-22, F-35, etc.), dammit.

This isn't a sim, not even close. Not sure why'd you even attempt to make that comparison.

Looks like a fun "Strike style" shooter...will wait for the inevitable $5 sale.

News Comments > Diablo III XP Boost
8. Re: Diablo III XP Boost May 16, 2013, 04:44 Krovven

jacobvandy wrote on May 16, 2013, 01:55:
I don't get it... Is this some kind of permanent boost, or more like a "bonus XP weekend" thing that only lasts while you play during this time.

"Players who log in to defend Sanctuary between May 15 and May 21"

7. Re: Ubisoft Financials May 15, 2013, 23:24 Krovven

Teddy wrote on May 15, 2013, 21:00:
Trevellian wrote on May 15, 2013, 20:26:
Amazing what backing off of ridiculous drm will do for business isn't it Ubisoft.

That's some seriously delusional thinking there. The DRM did not make this difference.

PC is roughly 9% of Ubisoft's sales. per VG247.

What made this difference was Far Cry 3 being a surprise hit, selling far more copies than anticipated and Assassin's Creed 3 selling 70% more than the previous Assassin's Creed title.

It had virtually nothing to do with the PC, or their DRM issues on it.

Look at the PDF, Q4 was 20% for PC when it had been 9% in Q3. 20% for PC is the highest it has been in years, if ever. I only went back to 2007/2008 Financials, which did not have a platform breakdown. Last 2 years Q4 was 17%, the year before was 13%.

The news came out in September 2012 that they were changing their policy on PC DRM. FarCry and AC3 I'm sure had a big impact for the 4th quarter. I'd be willing to bet that Anno 2070 saw a surge in sales after they changed it's DRM and has seen a couple sales since.

So with a 3% increase year over year in Q4, and the highest percentage share PC has seen in at least 4-5 years, how much of those sales though wouldn't have existed on PC if they had not relaxed their DRM stance?

I think it's quite reasonable to argue that Ubisofts relaxing of their DRM has had a positive impact on PC sales.

Rattlehead wrote on May 15, 2013, 23:11:
Trevellian wrote on May 15, 2013, 20:26:
Amazing what backing off of ridiculous drm will do for business isn't it Ubisoft.
Not even close. Absolutely zero evidence to prove that.

Actually there is. See above.

This comment was edited on May 15, 2013, 23:29.

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed May 15, 2013, 18:16 Krovven

I don't have a problem with Metacritic being an aggregate for reviews of entertainment media.

The ultimate problem with Metacritic is some Game Publishers using it as a measuring stick as to whether a developer should receive their bonuses.

IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes are other aggregate review sites, the first being user reviews, the latter being professional reviews. I've never heard of studios using either of those sites to base whether a production company gets bonuses.

News Comments > Hellraid Trailer
10. Re: Hellraid Trailer May 9, 2013, 17:53 Krovven

netnerd85 wrote on May 9, 2013, 00:21:
Easy there cowboy! they are making some fun to play games but are they really your favourite Polish developer?

Currently, yes. I like CDProjekt, but they are still in their infancy as a company. I've only played the first Witcher and have yet to dive into Witcher 2. GoG is overpriced and their distro software sucks.

So yes, Techland is my favourite (and Polish) developer right now because they are churning out some "fun" games.

News Comments > Hellraid Trailer
6. Re: Hellraid Trailer May 8, 2013, 15:33 Krovven

I must be off my rocker, but right now Techland is my favorite developer. Yes they make budget games presented as AAA games. They are however making consistently mediocre and buggy games that are a lot of fun to play.

Between Riptide, Call of Jaurez Gunslinger (including BiB for $15) and now Hellraid, I'm liking Techlands efforts.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Announced
37. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Announced May 7, 2013, 15:55 Krovven

Capitan wrote on May 7, 2013, 15:31:
This time, I really hope they try to copy MP from RtCW or ET. MP in Wolfenstein was a joke... Angry

I want a quick simple MP. Not a lot of weapons, weapon upgrades, micro transactions, etc etc. It shall be simple old school and nothing more!

/Capi

They won't be having standard Deathmatch. It will be car racing.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Announced
36. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Announced May 7, 2013, 15:50 Krovven

MajorD wrote on May 7, 2013, 14:22:
Cutter wrote on May 7, 2013, 11:32:
A new Wolfensteen, eh? Meh. Bring on Fallout 4 already, yo!

X2.

Sorry to say, but I am skeptical on any id release these days.

It's not an id software game.

News Comments > EA's Exclusive Star Wars Game Rights
30. Re: EA's Exclusive Star Wars Game Rights May 6, 2013, 22:21 Krovven

Give me a good Outlaws remake, sequel or prequel and I'll forgive EA for everything else, temporarily at least.

Unlikely as this is a Star Wars deal, but I don't care if I never see another IP from LucasArts if I can get a new Outlaws game.

News Comments > Bethesda's New Tease
12. Re: Bethesda's New Tease May 6, 2013, 15:01 Krovven

Looks like it could be Prey or Doom 4.

Bethesda has had so many acquisitions in recent years, so many IP's, it could be anything.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale May 3, 2013, 23:48 Krovven

nin wrote on May 3, 2013, 23:10:
jacobvandy wrote on May 3, 2013, 21:09:
No need to visit some third-party site... GMG code is GMG30-BH67J-TILO5, and it also works on Defiance and Dead Island Riptide, plus Blood Dragon and HOMM VI Complete for Europeans only. Lasts through the weekend.

Blue has said he's trying to let dealzon get their hits.

But why, when Dealzon has nothing to do with the sales? Sales and codes for GMG are posted on http://blog.playfire.com

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses
65. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses May 3, 2013, 23:32 Krovven

Redmask wrote on May 3, 2013, 20:38:
Krovven wrote on May 3, 2013, 19:19:
Shataan wrote on May 3, 2013, 19:00:
MANY of the enviros textures etc, looked dated and washed out.

And to that I will quote what I said in the ACM topic a couple days ago.

"The level design, is consistent with the Aliens film. After having played the game a fair amount, and then going back and watching the movie again, they recreated the aesthetic look and floormap exactly like the movie. I can see why some people will take issue with them using a 1986 design and not upgrading it, but I like that they recreated it exactly how it was in the movie."

I watched Aliens an hour ago and find this to be total bunk. The issue isn't with how they recreated the aesthetic feel, the issue people were having was with the actual quality of the models and textures, not to mention many of the poor animations at launch. One of the first patches upgraded hundreds of textures, that wasn't a problem with 'motif'.

Don't really care if you think it's total bunk. I'm sure you are speaking for everyone that ever commented on the graphics of the game right? People complained about all of the above, including the aesthetic feel of the game. Textures in the game are fine and on par with other Unreal engine games. Animations are fine, a little stiff at times, but again not a problem unique to ACM.

Bioshock Infinite is very highly rated. I could show you lots of bad textures, missing textures, lack of graphical features, bad and boring gameplay. In fact there isn't a single game that I couldn't go through and pick out plenty of bad artwork and gameplay.

Not sure why people still want to argue the quality of the game. I've already said before that I agree it's not that great of a game. It is however still a fun game to play.

Back on topic...the argument of whether they succeeded or not with the graphics, models, animations or aesthetic feel of the game has nothing to do with whether this class action lawsuit has any legs. The lawsuit is based on false advertising, whether there was a bait & switch or not and if pre-orders are due compensation. They aren't.

60. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses May 3, 2013, 19:19 Krovven

Shataan wrote on May 3, 2013, 19:00:
MANY of the enviros textures etc, looked dated and washed out.

And to that I will quote what I said in the ACM topic a couple days ago.

"The level design, is consistent with the Aliens film. After having played the game a fair amount, and then going back and watching the movie again, they recreated the aesthetic look and floormap exactly like the movie. I can see why some people will take issue with them using a 1986 design and not upgrading it, but I like that they recreated it exactly how it was in the movie."

55. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses May 3, 2013, 19:05 Krovven

That half second shot at 1:36 is in the game. http://youtu.be/dIIAeFsx7bA?t=4m14s The lighting is slightly different, and that's it. Lighting is a common thing to have change and not lawsuit worthy. If movie and game companies got sued for everything that changed from trailer to final production, nobody would make entertainment any more. But good on you for picking out a fraction of a second shot in a trailer that has lighting different than the final product. You deserve millions in compensation.

The second example you gave is a pre-rendered cutscene halfway through the game (not in-engine like some of the cutscenes in the game). Which you would know if you had played the game and had any clue what you are talking about.

http://youtu.be/dIIAeFsx7bA 12:06, the exact shot, from a cutscene, that is in the final game.

There are plenty of articles and websites dedicated to listing scenes from trailers that changed or were omitted entirely in their final products. The marketing studios that cut trailers get their material months and months in advance of a game or movie being finished. The material they have is what gets used.

Other lawsuits of this nature go nowhere, and this one will die quickly too.

6884 Comments. 345 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo