Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6784 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard Acknowledges Diablo III Item Duping
25. Re: Blizzard Acknowledges Diablo III Item Duping Mar 27, 2013, 05:22 Krovven

Dev wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 03:31:
Does the fact that Kevin used mostly social engineering for his exploits mean that people don't call him a hacker?

Assuming you are talking about Mitnick, he was a hacker. He hacked into networks, stole personal information, exploited it and profited from it to the detriment of thousands of people. He continued to do it while running from the law. He was tried and convicted for hacking into a network and stealing software, not for social engineering.

People that cheat in games don't goto jail. People that hack servers to steal credit card and personal information, goto jail.

As for the rollback policy, it's the same for WoW, difference is that WoW's items are Bind on Equip. This isn't a situation where people are duping items at will and bringing thousands upon thousands of duplicate items into the game. A small number of people are submitting for compromised account restoration multiple times and abusing Blizzards policy.

But the point is, the online only requirement for D3 HAS stopped hacks and cheats. I've never seen anyone with duped items, god mode, etc. but I've seen them in just about every single other game I play online. As far as the effectiveness of the system, the account restoration problem is a minor issue that has little impact on the game, certainly nowhere near the scale of D2 duping and won't at all anymore.

My only issue with the change to make these items BoA on account restoration is that legit claims are hurt by it. I'd rather see Blizzard investigate on their end first, users with repeated claims.

Maybe allow one full account restoration. If they make the claim a second time within say 3-6 months, lock the account until they attach an Authenticator to the account. If they keep making the compromised account claim even with an Authenticator...ban them.

Dev wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 03:31:
They did!
For consoles

I've even considered D3 for my PS3...but two things are going to prevent me from buying it for PS3. They aren't using Bnet, so I can't use my existing characters and the shared, non-instanced loot. I've had mostly great experiences playing with random people on Bnet...that would be gone instantly if loot drops were shared.

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 2013, 05:37.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite
73. Re: Ships Ahoy - BioShock Infinite Mar 27, 2013, 04:37 Krovven

The Art Direction and presentation saves the games graphics.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned any of the following things considering how much people pan other games for the same things.

No volumetric smoke (they are static 2d animated sprites and desaturates the colour to make it look like you are in smoke even though there is no smoke), no dynamic lighting, no physics (objects are fixed, dont break or move), mirrors are grey slabs with no reflection. Breaking glass is pathetic, no cracks, no bullet holes, the whole pane just disappears into a few grey particles that instantly fade away.

Considering this is using the U3 engine that can handle all of these things...kinda sad.

Fion covered most of the things wrong with gameplay. A couple things I'll add is that you can no longer loot individual items from containers. It's loot all or none. And the melee executions are awesome...but doing so often sends the body flying over the edge that is out of your control and you don't get to loot.

8. Re: Blizzard Acknowledges Diablo III Item Duping Mar 26, 2013, 22:05 Krovven

Denthor wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 21:39:
It's no different from any other exploits which later get patched out. Those that exploit early and often generally reap the rewards of doing so.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

7. Re: Blizzard Acknowledges Diablo III Item Duping Mar 26, 2013, 21:51 Krovven

I've always said I hope they add in offline for those that wanted it. Online required for D3 has never bothered me and hasn't been an issue for me since the first few hours of release. I've also always seen Diablo as a coop game first and a single player game second.

But why would you want shared loot? Ranged classes would get screwed on picking up loot in public games. Borderlands is a perfect example of how not to do loot distribution. Instanced loot when playing coop is one of the best things about Diablo 3.

I also get peoples grievances about the RMAH (just don't use it), but the GAH was needed after the mess that D2 was for trading and buying items. And you can play to at least Inferno without using the GAH at all. After that you will need to spend more time farming gear to progress if you want to avoid the GAH.

I've got 2 characters in Inferno MP5 and have no problem getting Legendary drops (I even screenshot each one in Steam). I'm not currently playing, but as was always intended, it's the kind of game I'll keep going back to now and then.

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 2013, 21:56.

5. Re: Blizzard Acknowledges Diablo III Item Duping Mar 26, 2013, 21:38 Krovven

Yea, giving the players the benefit of the doubt and even allowing rollbacks on compromised accounts is just fucking horrible of them.

2. Re: Blizzard Acknowledges Diablo III Item Duping Mar 26, 2013, 21:30 Krovven

Troll bait headline by Blue. Way to go!

This isn't item duping by way of cheating or using hacks. This is assholes abusing Blizzards account rollback policy for compromised accounts.

Reading comprehension is hard.

News Comments > CONSORTIUM Kickstarter Redux
10. Re: CONSORTIUM Kickstarter Redux Mar 23, 2013, 20:15 Krovven

jdreyer wrote on Mar 23, 2013, 20:00:
I wish them luck but if you start your pitch by name dropping gamings greatest hits you're not going to get my money. It's just too cheezy.

Did you even look at the Kickstarter page, or the video? I'm guessing no.

Those games are only mentioned on the Steam Greenlight page, not the Kickstarter page. So they didn't start their pitch that way at all. Blue chose to post what was on Steam Greenlight and not on the Kickstarter site.

Basing your opinion of this game on one sentence is just plain ignorant.

News Comments > CONSORTIUM Kickstarter Redux
9. Re: CONSORTIUM Kickstarter Redux Mar 23, 2013, 20:02 Krovven

I will probably pick this up when it is complete and on Steam down the road. Can't afford to go in on another Kickstarter right now. The 1 key thing that has me most interested in the success of this game...

Gregory Macmartin "...wrote the original game design treatment for Relic’s “Homeworld.”"

News Comments > Dead Island Riptide Trailer
4. Re: Dead Island Riptide Trailer Mar 22, 2013, 05:10 Krovven

netnerd85 wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 01:47:
we'll see the price.

$32 on GMG right now.

Acleacius wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 03:18:
Too bad there are coming out, next to Bioshock Infinite.

They are coming out a month apart. One shouldn't effect the other much.

News Comments > Saints Row 4 in August
36. Re: Saints Row 4 in August Mar 15, 2013, 16:15 Krovven

Lol, you have thin skin if you think I was being hostile. Batman posted the link and I know he isn't going to be butt-hurt over what I said, so why should you? But again, that's how some of the folks roll here. Someone contradicts bad information and they are being hostile, or a fanboy, or a shill.

But I can't make a post these days without you going out of your way to try and antagonize me. And that's how you roll.

34. Re: Saints Row 4 in August Mar 15, 2013, 16:03 Krovven

Redmask wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 15:55:
I don't think people can be blamed for not researching an old issue long after the fact, it's not terribly important anyway.

If people are going to spread that information as fact, then yea they should. Especially when that info was in the story that was linked to support their "I'm not buying this because it was supposed to be part of the Season Pass". With just a few posts, that misinformation gained traction. But that's just how things roll on Blues News, take bad information and grow a hate-on for that game/dev/publisher.

32. Re: Saints Row 4 in August Mar 15, 2013, 15:51 Krovven

Errors occur with getting info mixed up. However, the link Batman posted, the second sentence in article contained a link to the story that I posted with the proper information. All it took was 1 person reading beyond what they wanted to read to dispel the misinformation.

I also don't get this "too soon" bullshit. It will have been almost 2 years since SR3 was released by the time SR4 gets released. At what point is the proper timeframe between games? I get the L4D2 hate. I didn't agree with it. L4D2 was a better game in, at least when it came to Versus balance.

5 years for a new Grand Theft Auto...has been too long. And since SR3 has superior gameplay to GTAIV, 2 years is plenty long enough, in my opinion.

This comment was edited on Mar 15, 2013, 15:58.

News Comments > SimCity Hacked to Play Offline?
158. Re: SimCity Hacked to Play Offline? Mar 15, 2013, 15:32 Krovven

NKD wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 08:33:
SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 06:38:
Really good Anno 2070 guide here for those of you not familiar with the game, like myself: http://youtu.be/yYFLhADYd3k

Hahaha, yeah. NanosuitNinja's videos are extremely informative, and funny too.

He has almost 30 hours worth of Anno guides. First 10 or so are the Beginner's Guide series and the rest are a Deep Ocean gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NanosuitNinja/videos?query=anno

I've only got about 18 hrs (minus some afk idle time) and I'm still having a problem wrapping my head around everything that needs to be done in the game. The game does a poor job teaching you how to play the game.

29. Re: Saints Row 4 in August Mar 15, 2013, 15:06 Krovven

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 09:57:
Something that we already paid for with a Season Pass for 3 was now moved to a new game.

Bats, and for all the other folks blindly claiming this was ripped from the Seasons Pass DLC for SR3. http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/03/saints-row-the-third-enter-the-dominatrix/

This is from May 2012. It was never part of the Seasons Pass.

"THQ confirmed to us that Enter the Dominatrix is a standalone expansion and Season Pass owners will have to pay $30 like everyone else."

$37.50 after the almost guaranteed pre-order or voucher discount on GMG. May as well get a whole new game for a few dollars more that doesn't just have super power tacked on.

This comment was edited on Mar 15, 2013, 15:11.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Steam CD Keys Exhausted
42. Re: Max Payne 3 Steam CD Keys Exhausted Mar 11, 2013, 21:37 Krovven

Quinn wrote on Mar 11, 2013, 16:13:
"No Story. Just Gameplay." The USP of consoles.

So the "Gameplay is King" mantra is now consolized? /facepalm

Verno, when it has no relation to the theme of the character, yes it's a stupid idea. Is it a stupid idea for a completely different character? No. It doesn't belong with Max Payne.

39. Re: Max Payne 3 Steam CD Keys Exhausted Mar 11, 2013, 15:57 Krovven

Flatline wrote on Mar 11, 2013, 14:30:
Dude Max Payne has killed hundreds if not thousands of people. He's killed gangbangers, italian mafia, russian mafia, police officers, military officials, police detectives, CEOs, government politicians, private bodyguards, professional assassins, you name it he's killed it.

All of which were the "bad guys". They weren't innocents. If you pay attention to the character at all, he doesn't like what he does or what he has become. He has a morality of right and wrong and it's really the only thing keeping him going. You take that away, you destroy the character.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hold MP3 or any of the Max Payne stories in high regard. But they are for the most part some of the better stories when it comes to the history of action shooter stories. You're idea may work for a new character. It doesn't work for Max Payne and is a stupid idea.

News Comments > EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game
112. Re: More Big Picture Details Mar 11, 2013, 05:35 Krovven

Dmitri_M wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 17:16:
In my past, I worked on sets to make sure the footage film crews were shooting was useable in post production. The guys on the film sets worked a couple of set hours doing only very specific things. The post guys (artists, animators) worked 18 hour days in multiple disciplines with that footage under high pressure. From personal experience I know there is a world of difference.

I've worked film sets too. For you to say that people 'work a couple of set hours' is fucking ridiculous. Everyone on a film set has a job. Most of those jobs have the individual working 14 to 18 hour days doing those jobs for 6-7 days a week for months at a time. Some jobs are administration, some are hard labour, some are artistic, others are technical. Without all those people doing their jobs, the post production guys have no jobs. Time to get off your high horse.

Film industry existed for 75+ years without programmers, compositors, computer animators, etc. Those jobs don't exist without the film industry. Video games that programmers write code for, don't exist without the designers, artists, animators, sound engineers, etc, etc.

Show some fucking respect for your peers.

28. Re: Max Payne 3 Steam CD Keys Exhausted Mar 11, 2013, 05:09 Krovven

Here's my problem. People can dig into ANY story and rip the shit out of it if they dig deep enough. Particularly video game stories, because the narrative is broken up by gameplay that is generally played differently by everyone.

Of the action shooters, FPS or TPS, which ones exactly have "great" stories that Max Payne 3 is supposed to hold up to? Stories of action games are there to provide one thing, set pieces for battle. If they succeed without being absolutely ridiculous without the gameplay sucking, it's a win.

Regarding your idea...seriously, that's your story suggestion? You want Max Payne to give up the one singular thing that keeps Max Payne who is, his conscious? His morality of right and wrong? To be a murderer? Working for the same types of scum that had his family killed? Being no better than the people that killed his family?

Don't bother criticising stories when you clearly have no idea what even makes the character a character.

News Comments > Homeworld IP & Games Kickstarter
11. Re: Homeworld IP & Games Kickstarter Mar 10, 2013, 20:48 Krovven

I agree, this company is not who I want to see get the Homeworld IP, primarily because they do not seem to have much of a history. Their website is HORRIBLE!

I think this video was on the indiegogo campaign, they've posted different videos on the Kickstarter campaign. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcsXkj88-KQ

They were already working on their own space RTS and the demonstrations you see are their engine MODDED to look like Homeworld. For Homeworld 3, they will most likely only be rebranding their own game as Homeworld 3, not building it from the ground up as a proper sequel.

Way too much focus on bringing Homeworld to phones and tablets. That is such a bad idea and it already looks like a pain in the ass to use.

All I want to see Homeworld 1/2 and expansions, WON.net stripped out and Steamworks added for multiplayer. Sell it as a bundle for $20 and I'm all over it. And eventually a Homeworld 3.

I would rather see Relic/Sega or even Blackbird Interactive ( http://blackbirdinteractive.com/team/ ) pick up the IP. Wish we knew if either of them were making a play for it.

22. Re: Max Payne 3 Steam CD Keys Exhausted Mar 10, 2013, 20:31 Krovven

Gipson wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 20:12:
But not being able to skip cutscenes immediately made me ragequit the New York Minute mode.

There's a "<press Enter logo> Skip" icon in the lower right corner of cutscenes once the next level has loaded in the background. The game used cutscenes to hide loading screens. Would you really rather sit there and watch a loading screen, then goto a cutscene that you can skip? I'm going to assume the answer is no. I wish most games did this. It makes the games that do this, flow so much better. Maybe this isn't available in the New York Minute mode (haven't tried it), but it certainly is in the Story mode.

Flatline, you seem to recall the story relatively well except for one major point of your complaining. He was beating himself up because he failed to protect those that he was hired to protect, just like he was incapable of protecting his family...DESPITE being a bad-ass (as we see him). He partially blames being drunk on the job for his failures, quits drinking...then with a clearer head starts to over-analyze his faults. He does not see himself as a bad-ass that can take on dozens of gunman, when the outcome is he fails to protect those he is supposed to and lives himself.

6784 Comments. 340 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo