Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6810 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide
22. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide Apr 24, 2013, 08:41 Krovven

Aero wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 03:21:
Because it just came with it. I didn't know I had it until I looked up my keys. It's cheaper than on Steam alone anyways. Seems to me that it just gives you a more powerful weapon to use once the game proper starts. Not really a big deal. I also started with 15XP, and I'm not sure if that's part of the DLC thingy or just the way it goes (since I already earned eall that stuff in the first one, it's just being a little closer to where I finished off the first one.

Still doesn't make sense to me, especially when it takes a few seconds to read the product page, be it on GMG or Steam. It "was" listed in both locations and in the last 6 hours while I slept it has been removed.

Everyone who pre-orders the game before its release will get the Survivor Pack, which grants players a BBQ blade, an XP/Stat boost for faster leveling up, and access to a special in-game shop with discounted weapons and items."

As Redmask said most DLC is superficial crap. In this case I'd disagree and it's DLC that is most likely going to cost extra in a month. Regardless, not knowing what you are getting when you buy something, even if it is just a game, seems counter-intuitive to the consumer process. Considering many people on Steam are claiming they didn't get their DLC, it's worth knowing what you should be getting, so you can make sure you do get it.

It's akin to reading the box contents on a retail product to make sure all the pieces are there when you open it. I don't mean to harp about it, to me it just seems like it should be standard practice to know what you are buying.

And I agree, it's a 7/10 game, mainly because regardless of the bugs it's still a fun game. Gamespots 4/10 review is garbage and contradictory. I don't agree with the practice of the whole Metacritic scores effecting developer bonuses, etc. But knowing of this practice, reviewers should be striving to be as accurate as possible. Being 30 points lower than the average of the other reviews, while contradicting their publications review of the first game. It's unfair to the developer...and their readers.

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2013, 08:51.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide Apr 24, 2013, 01:09 Krovven

Dead Island Riptide Helper released.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/216250/discussions/0/828937261940292800/

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide Apr 24, 2013, 00:45 Krovven

Aero wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 00:36:
apparently you get the pre-order DLC too. I have no idea what that is. Probably nothing intersting.

I don't understand this.

Why wouldn't you look to see what you are getting when buying something?

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide Apr 24, 2013, 00:26 Krovven

GMG with GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Apr 23, 2013, 23:43 Krovven

Troll harder next time.

$1.29 is no different than the majority of stuff on iTunes. Buying the whole soundtrack is $12, which is perfectly in line with anything else.

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide Apr 23, 2013, 23:03 Krovven

I just tried joining Hoodwinked, and some other random games listed on the Game Lobby screen and wasn't able to connect to any of them.

I assumed by the Coop Friends thread on Steam that coop was working for some...but at closer inspection, it seems like it may not be working at all currently.

I also had a problem not being able to rebind something to the Q key (Firearm Melee is hardcoded to Q), and recall that also being a problem at launch of Dead Island. People with 7.1 audio seem to be having a problem too, which was a problem never resolved with DI.

Seems Techland are experiencing many of the exact same problems they launched DI with, some eventually fixed, others not. Hopefully they get Coop fixed as quickly as they did with the first game.

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide Apr 23, 2013, 22:33 Krovven

I never used knuckles in the first game...honestly don't even remember there being knuckles in the first game.

I never had a problem with the durability of the weapons either. Durability was effected by various Skills, which I assigned points to. And the Durabilty on weapons also forced the player to cycle through the use of multiple weapons. Otherwise people would just stick with 1 or 2 all the time. There was after all like 8 equip slots to utilize.

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide Apr 23, 2013, 21:59 Krovven

Netnerd, of I recall correctly...DI launched with a beta version that coop worked. Later on launch day they released a final version of the game that broke coop for most, but it was fixed a day or two later.  

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide Apr 23, 2013, 21:56 Krovven

One thing I want to mention...many reviews state that weapons don't decay as fast as they did in the first game. Personally that hasnt been my experience. Seems to be exactly the same. However you start at lvl 15 with skill points to place, or import an existing DI character that has most/all their points already assigned. This gives the illusion of the weapons having better durability depending on how you allocate those points.

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide Apr 23, 2013, 21:13 Krovven

I have been playing solo and havent tried coop. I never had a problem with coop in the first game after the first patch. Some people on the Steam Discussions have been having problems with Riptide, others have not.

People on Steam have also debunked TB's claims about the FOV settings, that it's vertical FOV 62.5 which translates to a default of 95 FOV horizontal. Changing it to 90 in the config effectively makes it 130 giving a massive fish-eye effect. There are claims that it does not break gun mechanics as TB states. I haven't tested this myself, yet. So unsure which is accurate.

This comment was edited on Apr 23, 2013, 21:18.

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Island Riptide Apr 23, 2013, 20:52 Krovven

If you liked Dead Island you will like Riptide. Unfortunately it suffers from many of the same problems as the original, but if you played through them the first time, they probably won't bother you much.

Quite a few things have been improved however. One being individual weapon skills are leveled up to provide additional bonuses. This allows the player to focus on specializing the characters weapon bonuses much moreso than the first game. But it isn't required either. Oddly enough, none of the reviews I've read have even mentioned this at all.

Of all the reviews I've read IGN's seems to be the most accurate from the time I've played thus far. Gamespots Riptide review completely contradicts their review of Dead Island multiple times, ie: stating that the combat is still horrible as it was in the first game...yet in their DI review state how wonderful the combat is. Also stating its basically the same game with a few improvements, yet scoring Riptide 30 points lower.

Im typing this on my phone so I'm not going to ramble about details right now. There are problems with Riptide, a few new, most old, but there are a few improvements as well. So again, if you liked the first, you will probably like this one.

Edit: I also got this for $27 (incl. the Survivor DLC and a copy of Risen) on GMG. First game was $37.50 if I recall correctly. Saw a review stating Riptide was $70 on Steam (I can only assume AUS price). So as with any game, don't be stupid about the price you pay.

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Closed Beta Open to Facebook Affection
20. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Closed Beta Open to Facebook Affection Apr 16, 2013, 00:00 Krovven

Optional Nickname! wrote on Apr 15, 2013, 23:17:
That CoH 1 multiplayer is being moved to Steam is bad in so many ways, least of all the fact that it violates the supposed TOS I had with THQ. No seriously. So Did Dragon's Age 1 by moving to Origin. Both games now require a new 3rd party service to access your account.

Let's look at this a moment...first Dragon's Age did not move to require Origin if it was purchased on Steam. You download it on Steam, you play it on Steam. No Origin involved. There was a time when DA was no longer available for purchase on Steam, but that has since changed. Even during that time, existing owners of DA could still download it and play it, on Steam. DA does not require Origin.

Second, if CoH did not move to Steamworks, the game and it's multiplayer were DEAD and would have been unplayable for all as of May because Quazal (now owned by Ubisoft) wasn't going to keep the game running. Are you going to tell me that would be a better solution than moving CoH multiplayer to Steam? You already had to log into a third person service (Quazal) to play CoH. Core, and two expansions are now under one one executable instead of 3, and the file system has been fixed so the whole damn game doesn't need to be downloaded every patch.

I'll repeat, the game was dead and buried come May 7th, never to be played again if this wasn't done.

So, why is moving to Steamworks to keep the game alive a bad thing?

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Closed Beta Open to Facebook Affection
7. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Closed Beta Open to Facebook Affection Apr 15, 2013, 12:25 Krovven

Last I checked this was unplayable for AMD cards unless you reverted to Catalyst 10. Game crashed within 2 minutes of loading a game otherwise. So i have yet to be able to actually play the beta. This still the case?

They won't be seeing my money until they get their shit together.

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns DRM Clarified
84. Re: Shadowrun Returns DRM Clarified Apr 14, 2013, 13:46 Krovven

Kajetan wrote on Apr 14, 2013, 12:00:
Krovven wrote on Apr 14, 2013, 11:29:
That's irrational and an extremely thin argument. You and a few others are reading into something that isn't there and never was there, simply to justify your irrational whining.
You, sir, are the winner of this discussion. Your interpretation of reality is by far the weirdest shit i've read in this thread. You simple define the facts you have presented yourself as not existant, because these facts dont fit into your world view. Not bad, sir, not bad ...

Crown

Exact same can be said of you buddy. Your interpretation of their so called "DRM-free forever to all" promise is ludicrous. They never promised that, end of discussion.

71. Re: Shadowrun Returns DRM Clarified Apr 14, 2013, 11:29 Krovven

Kajetan wrote on Apr 14, 2013, 11:02:
They said: "For PC/Mac/Linux, the game will be available DRM-free from our website."

And they are providing that. To be clear...all backers get at least 2 copies of the game for being a backer. 2 copies for a minimum of $15! "To reiterate, our Backers donít have to choose a DRM-free version of the game or a Steam version of the game. You get both."

Using Steamworks and Steamworkshop integration provides a huge bonus to the future of this game that wasn't available before. Anyone that sees this as a bad thing, in my opinion, is a moron. So for the very few people that do have a problem with it, I couldn't care less.

There is no "Only for backers".

They said: "We are also looking into a Steam release ..."

"Also" as in "optional" and not "We are releasing the game only for backers drm-free on our website and everyone else has to buy it via Steam"

Considering the Kickstarter only refers to what backers get, that logically, should be enough. No promises were ever made about the game always being available completely DRM-free to people that didn't back the Kickstarter. You say they didn't specifically state it was for backers only, and to that I say, they didn't specifically state it was going to extend to non-backers as well. Backers that still feel slighted can get a refund.

And you call people "idiots" because they actually read AND understand what was said during the Kickstarter campaign? You're a funny guy ...

Certainly do. You are claiming foul based on they didn't specifically state "Only for backers". That's irrational and an extremely thin argument. You and a few others are reading into something that isn't there and never was there, simply to justify your irrational whining.

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 2013, 11:36.

67. Re: Shadowrun Returns DRM Clarified Apr 14, 2013, 10:41 Krovven

Kajetan wrote on Apr 14, 2013, 10:21:
Where did it say that DRM free was only for backers? Please enlighten me, oh wise one!

From the FAQ on their Kickstarter page.

How will the game be distributed when it's released to the public? What about DRM-free?
For mobile tablets, Shadowrun Returns will be available via iTunes, Android Marketplace, and the Amazon Android marketplace. For PC/Mac/Linux, the game will be available DRM-free from our website. We are also looking into a Steam release (and potentially Humble Bundle as well).

Last updated: Monday Apr 23, 6:39pm EDT

What type of account system/DRM can we expect?
While the details are still being worked out, we hate draconian DRM as much as the next guy. We expect there will be an account system but it would be primarily used to enable the social elements of the game like mission and character sharing--not to restrict access to the game itself.

Last updated: Monday Apr 23, 6:38pm EDT

At no point did they say the game would be completely DRM free forever either. They quite explicitly stated there would be at the very least an account based system. Note the dates on their FAQ answers, that's 2012. They hid nothing, they lied about nothing.

As usual this amounts to idiots that can't read and are complaining for the sake of complaining.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins Revealed
25. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Revealed Apr 9, 2013, 20:28 Krovven

Overon wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 20:10:
I suspect, based on nothing concrete, that taking the new batman out of rocksteady's hands was more to do with lowest bidder winning the development bid.

Right...that's why the rumor has it that Rocksteady is working on another game for Warner. Another Batman game, possibly even a Justice League game, possibly to tie in with the JC movie they are working on.

News Comments > Torment Kickstarter Concludes
17. Re: Torment Kickstarter Concludes Apr 6, 2013, 00:54 Krovven

Ahh that makes more sense. In their comments on the Kickstarter page, they were leaving out the record was limited to the video game category.

Looking forward to Torment, especially now that they have shown us just a taste. Now I really need to finish Planescape Torment before this comes out. I have so many unfinished RPG's.

News Comments > Torment Kickstarter Concludes
4. Re: Torment Kickstarter Concludes Apr 5, 2013, 22:09 Krovven

A record that will be broken in 7 days. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/559914737/the-veronica-mars-movie-project  

6810 Comments. 341 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo