Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6884 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
12. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 19, 2013, 20:51 Krovven

I was playing this morning when they first started having cloud issues. As soon as I got a save notification I quit and havent logged since. I've been keeping an eye on the support forums all day and its full of people still bitching about online not saving.

Aside from the server issues, Rockstar really needs to take their heads out of their asses. Reducing missions payouts was a dumb move considering that even before that was done, it was already more efficient to alternate winning 30 second races on Criminal Races. Now it's a no brainer when you can get 1700RP + $3500 cash every 30secs (realistically 3 minutes after menus), versus a Job that takes 15 minutes and gives similar RP and slightly more cash (after expenditures), but I still won't do it, as its not fun grinding that way. But many others will do it.

I want to play coop jobs and not be penalized for having fun and not mind numbingly grinding out RP and cash. Jobs expend cash by using ammo and other supplies, most of the higher payout missions are very difficult to complete solo and if you can, it won't be quick.

I'll readily admit however that a lvl 27 mission (Base Invaders) paying out $25k when the next $25k payout wasn't for another 15-20 levels and most being 40 levels later, was just plain stupid and a bad design choice. $15k would be fair, or, make it a lvl 40 mission instead. Some of the missions paying out $3-$5k is ridiculous as you can easily use half that cost in grenades or stickies (nevermind factoring in ammo cost) on some missions.
Edit: Add in the cost of locating Helicopters (best way so far is $700 for Lester to locate one) or other vehicles, calling in support ($5k for a helicopter that flies around for about 3 minutes, doesn't do much, and maybe on a mission that pays $5-$8k? Fuck that.

Missions need to have tiered rewards based on team performance. No team lives lost, get more cash and RP. Complete bonus objectives, get more rewards. Hell there are bonus objectives in death matches for fuck sakes. Cash rewards need to be larger on Hard mode as well (not just 1.5x RP).

Nerfing the use of rooftops and other areas in Survivals, particularly with no warning or patch notes was a dick move. Moreso that players get bad sport points for being kicked in the middle of the Survival and there is no warning ingame before it happens. Just boom you are kicked.

This leads to the Bad Sport system. I don't like dicks in game, but there are many ways for players to deal with it themselves. Fight back or leaving the game or do a Job/Event. Why am I penalized for blowing up a car of the guy that is killing me while I'm spawning or in the menus? Passive mode is also crap. People can still be shot while in a car, run over, etc. What's worse is passive people can still run over others and grief in other ways to avoid action against them.

People with bounties on them should not be able to enter jobs or passive mode to escape being hunted.

I don't know who or how these choices are being made at Rockstar, but they need to get their shit together and make some changes fast. Massive amount of feedback on the support forums so they are either blind or just stupid if they don't listen to it.

Edit: With all that said, the game is awesome and I'll be playing for probably a long time to come. Having a blast playing with the Crew on PS3.

Some good GTA Online resources...

Rockstar Support Topics & Discussion

Reddit GTA V

GTA Online Coop Job spreadsheet (this has some tips as well)

GTA Online "master list" spreadhseet with Jobs, Vehicle, Safehouse info and more

This comment was edited on Oct 19, 2013, 21:28.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: The rush to solve Grand Theft Auto Vís biggest mystery Oct 9, 2013, 01:32 Krovven

Creston wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 00:19:
No, kernelmag thinks that publishing something two weeks after it was already discovered is cause for calling something "the rush to."

Or you could read to the last paragraph to comprehend that the "mystery" they refer to is whether or not there are tunnels in Mt. Chiliad containing a jetpack as depicted in the drawing within the game.

At this point it is no secret that there are aliens in the game, the question is whether there is more to them than just showing up randomly for a few seconds.

News Comments > Warlock 2: The Exiled Announced
10. Re: Warlock 2: The Exiled Announced Oct 3, 2013, 20:42 Krovven

I really liked Warlock, bought it when it first came out and have all the DLC. I've only played 2 or 3 games though because they take so damn long. Hopefully they have tweaked a lot of things to avoid a lot of the redundancies in the gameplay, shortening up the game length. Even Civ5 I can finish games in a few hours depending on what's going on.

Armageddon DLC really made the game a lot more challenging and fun too, so I hope they have that from the get go.

They also need PBEM mode for multiplayer. I'm not going to play a 20+ hr game in real time multiplayer when you spend most of that time sitting waiting for someone else to take their turn...then multiply that by multiple people. It would take 100 hrs.

News Comments > Daikatana on Steam
28. Re: Daikatana on Steam Oct 2, 2013, 15:40 Krovven

Single player sucked. Multiplayer was awesome.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year
90. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 18, 2013, 17:33 Krovven

Undocumented Alien wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 15:56:
So which part of my post, or any post recently, was me being a dick to you (or anyone else)

Yeah, your a dick dude, no way around it.

Calling people "morons" for wanting what IS a SP OFFLINE game with optional COOP to actually have a SP OFFLINE mode? "Being a dick".

No, I just called you a moron in a previous thread for calling me out in a thread I hadn't even posted in, when you suggested I'd have a problem with other games being online only. Which is just pure stupidity on your part, as I said, I have played online only games for 10+ years and I don't bitch about it.

If you really want to go back a year and a half on the topic, I may have said something along those lines, but it was probably closer to the idea of not playing a game out of spite because it's online only being moronic, when the same people use online only services and play many other online only games. Time to grow up a little and get over it.

It's really simple. If you are a dick to me, expect to be treated the same in return. Reality is, I have most of the dicks around here ignored so I don't need to read their crap.

Someone going out of their way to be antagonistic towards me when nothing I said warranted it, is pure immaturity, aka: Troll.

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 2013, 17:40.

News Comments > iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues
16. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 18, 2013, 16:02 Krovven

Aero wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 15:42:
I'm not really even sure what the iFruit app is and whether or not I want it on my phone. The description is just random bullshit. What would make sense, and would be pretty cool, is if it linked to your game and performed all of the functions of your in-game smartphone on your real smartphone. I don't think it does that though.

So... gimmick, I guess. Could have been a neat little immersion enhancement.

Gimmick for sure. But while watching tv if I can customize cars (not something I generally spent my game time doing), get Chop to listen to commands better, etc, I don't mind playing along. As it is, it's useless because it doesn't work.

Currently, I can't even take photos in-game and upload them to the Social Club, as it always fails to upload. It doesn't seem to save them in-game, so they can't be saved and uploaded later. It's a failure in design in what is a superbly designed game.

84. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 18, 2013, 15:33 Krovven

Verno wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 15:22:
What's your problem Verno? Or could you just not help but be a dick today?

You seem to enjoy it every day soooo

So which part of my post, or any post recently, was me being a dick to you (or anyone else) that caused you to make antagonizing posts like the one you just made? I hardly post any more, because of childish retorts like yours from people that think they know what they are talking about.

I had actually taken you off ignore, as you hadn't been a fucking loser as of late and had stopped attacking my posts (when they had nothing to do with you). But clearly you couldn't refrain from acting like a little bitch for long.

News Comments > iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues
13. Re: iFruit Yields PC GTA5 Clues Sep 18, 2013, 15:09 Krovven

If the iFruit app would log in, it might be somewhat useful. Logged in once yesterday for about 5 minutes before being disconnected. Have not been able to log in since (even in the middle of the night).

It keeps saying it "Failed to check the app version" or "Failed to link to account info", something like that.

81. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 18, 2013, 15:06 Krovven

Verno wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 09:12:
Krovven wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 17:07:
I have mixed feelings on this.

Hahahaha yeah I bet you do Guitarist

What's your problem Verno? Or could you just not help but be a dick today?

I seem to recall that you openly bragged about using the RMAH to make more than enough money after launch to pay for the game. Yet here you are running your mouth.

I sold a few things on the RMAH near launch, spent that money I made, rather than cash out and haven't used it since. It was pointless, to me. I do still use the AH and will continue to do so until it closes. I've barely played the game in months, but I still log in every 1 to 3 days to collect gold and post gear for sale.

Back in May I looted a Skorn weapon that I sold for 1.275 billion gold, which I would never have been able to do without the GAH and would have never used it myself. With the implementation of Account Bound items after Enchanting (I believe that's how it's going to work), getting rid of the GAH seems pointless. As I already said, they will need to implement "something" if they intend to get rid of the AH altogether.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 18, 2013, 00:05 Krovven

And the app hasn't worked all day, at least for me. I was able to log in once for about 5 minutes before being disconnected and then not able to connect again.

35. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 17, 2013, 17:07 Krovven

I have mixed feelings on this. They could have just got rid of the RMAH to start and left the GAH. They still would need to do something to give players a reason to get rid of old worthless loot instead of flooding the AH with crap or valueless items. ie: combining 3 old Rares to make 1 new item from Loot 2.0.

This is only going to drive some people to third party sites, which takes us back to the same problems that Diablo 2 had.

They will need to do "something" to allow players easy ways to sell/trade their gear that isn't based on a chat room.

News Comments > Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending
43. Re: Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending Sep 11, 2013, 16:42 Krovven

What happens if my Library is being shared (and in use) and I log in via the website or the mobile app? Will friends get booted then too? can I contact them via Steam message somehow to tell them I am logging in, save your game, etc?

I can see this being handy with a few longtime freinds on Steam, especially when some of us are working opposite hours, or just away from Steam for long periods, so a friend can play a game that I own or vice versa... (without sharing passwords).

News Comments > HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't
45. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't Sep 9, 2013, 16:52 Krovven

Kinda sad the complaints about Blue embedding a relevant Twitter reference is overshadowing the story topic.

News Comments > Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be "Complicated" (By Activision?)
35. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 16:35 Krovven

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 13:12:
Malachii wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 11:46:
What % of PC players are offline when they want to play a title like D3? REALLY?
You do realize someone got fired from Microsoft for this opinion, right? Not everyone lives in an urban area where getting broadband is like getting electricity. Besides your entire argument is moot because they made the console version be off-line. If there wasn't a market for that why make it?

Difference is one was regarding an entire platform and this is regarding a single game. If you dont like it, dont play the game. I've been playing online only games for 10+ years and will continue to do so. If I dont have internet at any given time, I will play something else and I won't rage about it, unlike what Undocumented Moron thinks.

If MS or Sony or whomever attempts to make an entire platform permanently online required, I will have a problem with it. If my computer, iPhone, PS3 or (newly acquired) Vita were online only, they would lose a lot of my business as an entire platform requiring Internet all the time would be a massive inconvenience.

D3 has great gameplay (even better in coop) and production value but falls short in story department, but unlike others, I never held the story in such high regard and just skip it all after the first play through anyways. I get bored quickly playing it solo, but can play for hours with other people. D3 has issues, which is no different than any other game I own. Many issues have been addressed over several patches in the past year + and many more are set to be addressed in the expansion and the continued patches.

Don't like the AH? Don't use it. It's that simple. It's not required and the difficulty in later He'll and Inferno hasn't been an issue since the first patch.

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 2013, 16:45.

News Comments > Steam Trade Offers Launch
46. Re: Steam Trade Offers Launch Sep 5, 2013, 21:49 Krovven

Creston wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 18:53:
Tumbler wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 17:05:
This is very exciting. Thanx to trading sites like 99gamers I've been purchasing digital game via steam and other means (humble bundle) and you can list them for trade but it's a little clumsy actually making the trade.

How exactly are you able to trade a game on Steam? It's activated under your account, and it can't be reactivated for someone else, right?

You can add games you purchase to your inventory and trade them.

News Comments > Steam Trade Offers Launch
42. Re: I read sept 3 and think Rome II Sep 5, 2013, 18:09 Krovven

Steam Trade Offers clearly states it's only available to friends. But they may expand this later. Meaning that no you will not get offers from random strangers. You can also already limit who can see your inventory to friends or friends of friends. So there is no reason for this to be a problem unless you are stupid and don't check your options.

Regarding MS XB180, Steam does not require you to be connect at least once every 24 hrs. Steam has an offline mode so you do not need to be online for long periods of time. To my understanding, only asking for you to go online if you have a net connection and it detects there is an update for your game. MS wanted to require a connection every 24 hrs regardless what you were doing...even playing a retail disc, single player game.

I like to take my PS3 to friends or family homes that do not always have wireless setup or a hard line available. MS's attempt at required online was, as already said, entirely self serving and did not benefit the user in any way.

And if you buy into the "cloud" advantages spoon fed by marketing, you are exactly the idiots MS was trying to sucker.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
10. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 22, 2013, 14:45 Krovven

Fibrocyte wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 07:51:
For those of us who never really played DK, I welcome a mobile version.

What I find entertaining about the "we hate anything that's not for the PC" crowd on bluesnews, is that it is highly unlikely that the devs who are porting DK to mobile devices are the same devs that would be used to create a sequel for the PC. Not to mention that a port is a much lower-hanging fruit than a sequel and will yield significant profit if done right. Game companies are businesses, you know.

a) It's not a port. It's a game made specifically for mobile. And from the sounds of it, it's a tower defence game with micro-transactions. b) I don't hate everything not PC. I play PS3 games and I play a few mobile games as well.

I will try DK mobile, but I don't expect it to be very good. I've been waiting for DK3 since they teased it on the DK2 disc. EA has come straight out and said they have no plans for a new DK, then they come out with this. They licensed the IP to some Chinese company to make Dungeon Keeper Online and they have given their blessing to http://steamcommunity.com/app/230190 basically copy DK for their game.

What I want...is a proper PC sequel to DK2, that uses the real characters and names...not a mobile game.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2013, 14:56.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced
88. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Aug 22, 2013, 14:27 Krovven

Verno wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 08:39:
This is revisionist history, the usual "wahhhh Blues" stuff. Most of my play was in beta before it was even on Steam. People complained about the drop rate of heroes as much as anything else and peoples complaints with the game were related to gameplay more than heroes IMO. Frankly it just wasn't a very good game, the idea that "Blues" slagged it before playing for kicks is just silly. It's the internet, one or two idiots will always be stupid but I totally get why people were unimpressed with the game, it was average in every way.

No it really isn't. I looked up the launch thread, and it's very clear that the majority of people that were bashing it were doing so completely based on heresay and had never even played it. And yes a lot of the complaints were completely based on the pricing of the Heroes...to which I again point out they do not have to pay for. The game gives the player the choice of 5 or 6 Heroes to choose from right from the start and you get a 2nd character within 30min or so of playing the game. Most ARPGs only have 3-5 characters to choose from total. Marvel Heroes has 30+? Nobody needs them all, let alone half of them. They have since updated the game to add an in-game currency for purchasing Heroes instead of the random drops.

My entire argument in the launch thread was for people to give the game a whirl, for free, rather than base their idiotic opinions of the game entirely based on pricing they do not have to participate in. It's too bad some people are so narrow minded and obtuse to understand this.

Again, you can see on Steam who has and who hasn't played the game, so it's clear who is just talking out of their ass and regurgitating what others have said instead of thinking for themselves.

As I clearly stated, I found the game to be so-so (below average if you ask me), suffers from poor performance, a lot of lag and I have little interest in playing it through again. They have done a lot of patching recently and made lots of changes, so it may have improved and I may be willing to give it another go down the road. Free is the right price for me to do so.

74. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Aug 21, 2013, 18:12 Krovven

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 17:50:
Or ridiculously funny videos featuring groups entirely made of the same character.

Because every other ARPG has so many character options and never have groups with all the same class/character? Marvel Heroes problem with that is the Costumes remained the same for most of the game, therefore you didn't see a lot of visual variety unless someone paid for a Costume, or got lucky with a Costume drop.

72. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Aug 21, 2013, 18:01 Krovven

ItBurn wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 17:38:
What? I never said that I wanted a locked skill tree that I can't change... I was talking about the Hellgate London skill trees.

ItBurn wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 17:10:
If your build is not good enough or if you don't like it, you can start a new character, of the same class, and play it differently.

That is what I quoted, and that is what I was responding to.

As you describe it, that is not how Hellgate London works. I got 15min into Hellgate London and uninstalled that piece of shit. So if you want to talk specific games with specific skill trees, then do so by using their name. Just sounds like you are trying to twist your way out of the contradiction you made as the ability to respec in Hellgate London would not require you to "start a new character" which is exactly what you said is the skill tree style you prefer.

Edit: also, about your website, these aren't many different builds... It's basically the same build with one skill changed for another.

Only people that don't know what they are talking about say that. It's easy to see the base skills and say it's all the same with minor changes. There are 6 Runes per base skill and most of the Runes drastically change how the base skill works. So you can be using 4 of the same base skills with 4 Runes and that build will have a completely different play style than if you use the same 4 base skills and change each of their Runes. Start changing around the Passives and again it changes how builds play.

This comment was edited on Aug 21, 2013, 18:08.

6884 Comments. 345 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo