Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6834 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin
17. Re: Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin Jul 22, 2013, 12:59 Krovven

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 22, 2013, 09:41:
Someone posted that link about how much time you spend and how much money you spent? I was correct on the nuts. Steam says I have spent (for real) half of what that other program says I have spent.

Yea I noticed it wasn't accurate either, about a lot of things, making it kinda useless to me. It uses current prices instead of what you paid for the games from the Transaction History. But it wouldn't know what you paid for keys from other vendors...so not sure how they would deal with that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin
16. Re: Enhanced Steam Browser Plugin Jul 22, 2013, 12:57 Krovven

Dev wrote on Jul 22, 2013, 09:29:
Steam isn't that great about removing items from it as you buy them.

It doesn't remove them if you are manually entering keys purchased from another site. Seems to only work if you are purchasing directly from within the Steam Client.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
3. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Jul 22, 2013, 12:54 Krovven

I'm about half way through The Last of Us. Bought the day it came out and first play through is on Hard. Probably a bad choice, but I've figured things out for the most part. I've only had two play sessions so I haven't burned through it, as it certainly requires to be in the right mood and partly because I don't think I want it to end too quickly.  

News Comments > New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced
47. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 21, 2013, 02:01 Krovven

Redmask wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 01:43:
Everyone understands what it is, it doesn't make it a good label to use for content packs with videogames as it creates expectations and consumers aren't well known for reading fine print. I don't really care either way but it's easy to see why some people get miffed about it.

I don't think so. ItBurn's complaint and irrational justification of it is the first time I've ever seen someone suggest the title "Seasons Pass" was ambiguous enough to suggest they would get more than what was advertised.

Seasons Passes have been around for at least a few years now. It's not a new concept. If people buy something without reading what they are buying, that is their failure at common sense and not the name "Seasons Pass".

Are the skins they have released new content or just a quick unlock for those that want to pay? Are the skins the ones that drop in-game or have been given away as Shift codes or created new for sale? I wouldn't know as I generally don't care about skins especially not paying extra for them. I might change my look of character once and then never again, unless the outfit provides a stat bonus of some kind. In which case I don't care what I look like, I'll take the better stat.

44. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 21, 2013, 01:38 Krovven

A "season" of content is defined by what is advertised at the start. For TV shows it's sometimes 24 epidodes, or 23, or 16, or 12, or 10. Hell some shows seasons have been 7 or 8 episodes (see S5 of Breaking Bad).

The "season"'s worth of content for BL2 was defined when it was announced, which was 4 "episodes" of content. People even got a couple "special" episodes to go with it.

It's a simple concept.

News Comments > On Sale
18. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2013, 22:00 Krovven

fiftykyu wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 21:56:
Aha, looks like the original Just Cause is $0.27 http://store.steampowered.com/app/6880/ - not sure if it's worth it, actually. Wasn't this the lousy port of the PS2 version? Although at that price, maybe it doesn't have to be good.

Based on comments in the Community Hub, you'd just be better off playing more JC2.

27. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 20:52 Krovven

ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 20:37:
jacobvandy wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 20:31:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 19:34:
Your opinion has been noted.
I still believe that naming it a SEASON pass and not giving you everything that was released during a SEASON, is bullshit.

It's not the first time Gearbox has done what some may call false advertising. They were actually sued for the Alien fiasco. But in the season pass case, it's entirely within the law. Doesn't make it moral.

Many other games from several different publishers do such DLC bundles in the same way... That is, offering major ones at a pre-order discount, instead of giving you EVERYTHING they release for one low price. Your problem lies with your own perception of what a "season pass" should be, and that it does not match up with standard, clearly advertised, industry practice. The solution? Don't buy a damned season pass, or if you do, don't complain about getting exactly what you paid for.

I'm all for voting with your wallet, but the other part doesn't make sense. Take the example of a political candidate. You may have voted for them, but that doesn't mean you can't complain about them.

It does if you voted for them based on the promises they made in the campaign and then are bitching about them regardless of the fact they fulfilled every promise (and more) they made.

24. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 20:32 Krovven

ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 20:01:
By your logic, if it was called "The every DLC ever pack", but when you read the description, it says you only get 4 specific DLC packs, it would be perfectly fine. It would be moral and done in good conscience by the developers and in no way an attempt to manipulate gamers into more sales.

You have no other argument, so you are turning to semantics over the title of "Seasons Pass". You really are sad. Doesn't matter what the title of the package is called, it's what is advertised as being in the package.

Are you one of those people that see's a "Lowest Prices Ever Furniture Sale", go buy something, then a year later when the price is lower, you go back and complain that you didn't pay the "Lowest Price Ever"?

You can't rationalize with the irrational.

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2013, 20:04 Krovven

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 19:34:
...and I just dug the NES and Atari out of the basement and set them up.....

...and that was the sound of the wife walking out the door

19. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 19:53 Krovven

ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 19:34:
Your opinion has been noted.

Actually, it's fact. There is a huge difference between opinion and fact.

Fact is, they advertised 4 packs in the Seasons Pass, that's all they owe you for whatever price you paid for it.

My opinion is, that you are a whiney entitled child because your opinion is you think you deserve more than what you were advertised and paid for.

Don't tell me about Alien CM. I bought the game and the Seasons Pass. I'm not happy with the way it turned out, but I took a chance on it and it didn't turn out. Won't be the first time I've been burned on a game purchase and I highly doubt it will be the last. Difference is BL2 is a decent game (that I find kind of boring) that has been well supported in the year it has been out and they have more content coming out.

Despite being displeased with the game, I think the lawsuit is stupid and I hope it won't go anywhere. Nor do I expect it to. Unfinished material gets used all the time for entertainment advertising. Scenes are removed from movies, songs are rearranged and games graphics change.

I also don't hang all the blame on Gearbox. Fox handed it off to Sega, Sega handed it off to Gearbox, Gearbox handed it off to Timegate. Timegate made a shitty game and now they have folded. Gearbox and Sega are left to clean up the mess. They all fucked up and nobody is talking. It sucks, I've seen worse and I've played worse. For what it is, I actually had fun with ACM, particularly Bug Hunt (which was actually done by Nerve).

This comment was edited on Jul 20, 2013, 19:59.

16. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 19:31 Krovven

ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 19:20:
I don't feel entitled to content that was never advertised. I feel entitled to receiving everything that was released in a season when I buy a season pass. Purely a naming and manipulation issue.

Wrong. What you paid for in a Seasons Pass is what was advertised at the time. The Seasons Pass was defined in August 2012 as being....

"Borderlands 2 will have at least four downloadable content expansions by next summer. 2K Games announced a $30 season pass this morning, available at launch, which will make the four pieces of $10 DLC accessible for the price of three. The season pass is available for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC."

Which ended up being... Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty, Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage, Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt, and Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep.

Everything beyond that is a bonus, which you also got Mechromancer pack (originally preorder bonus) and the Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack with the Seasons Pass.

There is no "naming and manipulation issue" here. Just your lack of basic comprehension and being entitled to more content than what you agreed upon at the time of purchase.

ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 19:20:
I don't think that being mad at the naming of a DLC pack is making developers going out of business.

Again, comprehension issue. I didn't say you being mad about it puts them out of business. I said your line of thinking that you are entitled to content you didn't pay for leads to developers going out of business. If you like the game and still play it and want more content over what you already bought, then pony up for it and stop whining like a child that you didn't get it all, when they hadn't even planned for additional DLC at that point.

This comment was edited on Jul 20, 2013, 19:38.

14. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 19:17 Krovven

ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 19:08:
Krovven wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 19:05:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 18:58:
Now yes, they stated that it was only for the 4 quest DLCs, but this doesn't matter to me

/facepalm

You bought what they advertised. End of story. As it is, they already included the UVHP in the Season's Pass, which they didn't need to do as it wasn't advertised.

Fucking children these days think they deserve everything in the world for nothing.

Why are you guys so mad about my different opinion? I've had less flak from offending religious people.

Because your greedy opinion is what leads to developers going out of business. Why do you feel entitled to content that was never advertised in the package you paid for? It's real people making a product that you want. I'm so tired of greedy bitches thinking that everyone should work for free to provide them with what they want.

12. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 19:05 Krovven

ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 18:58:
Now yes, they stated that it was only for the 4 quest DLCs, but this doesn't matter to me

/facepalm

You bought what they advertised. End of story. As it is, they already included the UVHP in the Season's Pass, which they didn't need to do as it wasn't advertised.

Fucking children these days think they deserve everything in the world for nothing.

Kinda like the person in the sale thread complaining about a $1.50 difference between what he would pay for Van Helsing/DLC (he stated $8) and not paying the sale price cus it was too expensive ($9.50).

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
111. Re: What about free games? Jul 16, 2013, 18:46 Krovven

Ant, do you ever look stuff up yourself before you ask on here? Usually things you ask could yield an answer in seconds if you just Googled it.

And are you so cheap that $5 is too much for a good game?

So all the "Free to Play" games on Steam are just "meh"? I highly doubt you've played them all, as there are plenty of good F2P games on Steam.

Team Fortress 2 became Free To Play over 2 years ago now. How anyone has missed that is beyond me.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Classic MP and Linux Support Planned
4. Re: Shadow Warrior Classic MP and Linux Support Planned Jul 15, 2013, 02:17 Krovven

shihonage wrote on Jul 14, 2013, 17:42:
Yeah except none of the build engine ports have reliable coop with multiplayer save/loading.

So I'm still waiting for "proper" of that with Duke3D, and they already released Shadow Warrior instead of working on that.

Yea they "promised" Multiplayer for Duke3D Megaton and haven't delivered on that yet. So they don't get my money for Shadow Warrior until they get Coop/MP in for both games.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
39. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 16:28 Krovven

You guys crack me up. It's day one, first set of Flash Deals and the first Community Choice hasn't even gone on sale yet. 10 days to go... Talk about impatient.

GMG's 666 sale was garbage. Was mostly crappy budget games and was very limited, was made up of titles from the same IP's (ie: Worms games were on sale most cycles instead of just having them all discounted at once). Sales applied to bundles only and not individual titles. (ie: Total War and Borderlands 2). I didn't buy a single game during the GMG sale.

Gunslinger is $10 on daily deal and is more than worth that. 6 people on my friends want the game and none have bought it yet today. One of them is in this thread complaining about the Steam Sale being lackluster. Shit or get off the pot.

I'm grabbing a few Pinball FX2 tables as they are 50% off, and a dev has posted in their community hub that they not get a further discount as a Daily Deal.

Considering Don't Starve 2 pack for $6.75 each.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Plans?
26. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Plans? Jul 9, 2013, 01:23 Krovven

Indeed. Quickest way to get sued or at the very least make sure nobody buys your future games...sell a seasons pass and then not deliver what was already sold.

I look forward to the campaign DLC as it has a chance of being decent. And at least I'll be able to play it unlike the MP DLC.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Plans?
10. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Plans? Jul 8, 2013, 11:20 Krovven

They owe the community 1 more DLC, they have released Bug Hunt and 2 MP map packs already. Bug Hunt was great. The MP map packs were useless to the PC community since their implementation of matchmaking is completely broken on PC.

After the campaign DLC, that will probably be the last of it based on what was listed in the Seasons Pass description.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
32. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 7, 2013, 02:34 Krovven

Civ5 Brave New World in a few days.
Company of Heroes 2
CoJ Gunslinger
FC3 Blood Dragon
Trackmania (several releases)
Grid 2
Bioshock Infinite
Metro Last Light

That's just the last few months and that's just for PC. There were more good games in the first few months of the year and dozens of other game releases ranging from bad to great. If you think it's bit a shitty first half of the year, you are an idiot.

News Comments > Magic 2014 Duels of the Planeswalkers Released
5. Re: Magic 2014 Duels of the Planeswalkers Released Jun 27, 2013, 01:31 Krovven

Mootant you are full of shit.

The price point on DoTP releases is very cheap compared to if you were to buy the physical pre-made Theme Decks. Especially when they are released with new sets every 3-4 months and new Core set ever year. DoTP is for the casual Magic player for the most part. If someone wants to get really competitive, open boosters and make their own decks to really get into pro decks, they will do in in Magic Online.

Most decks can be unlocked by playing the game. Foil cards are a waste of money and for "collectors". There is zero need to pay to unlock decks if you just play the game.

If you think $20 a year is a cash grab, you clearly have no basis for what that means. A single pre-made Theme Deck in real life retails for about $15. There is what, 8 to 10 decks in the base game?

6834 Comments. 342 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo