Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 7360 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 25, 2015, 14:11 Krovven

Homeworld remastered is available for preorder

Going to wait to see if it shows up on GMG to get a bigger discount, but I am so grabbing this.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Lag Fixed
3. Re: Diablo III Lag Fixed Jan 21, 2015, 17:35 Krovven

Alamar wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 13:03:
Interesting... I guess the tens of thousands of traceroutes they got from players were moot (or pointed to a specific Blizzard hop).

Honestly, I think this is just their goto stall tactics for the Community Managers. Tell everyone you are looking into it, then put the onus on the user to spend time, get info, post it. It makes it looks like they are gathering info and doing something. But this is exactly what they do every single time they have a "lag issue".

Why do I think this? Because it's approaching a year now and they completely ignore the server lag problems in various areas like Rakkis Crossing, Cesspools, etc. I think it was Blizzcon or something where they were questioned on it and their response "our engineers are always working to improve our servers". basically they don't know what the problem is, so they can't fix it, so they ignore it.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sells > 1M
10. Re: Alien: Isolation Sells > 1M Jan 21, 2015, 17:27 Krovven

garrywong wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 14:09:
Wraith wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 14:01:
They're fooling themselves. Alien Isolation is another missed opportunity. The game itself has great atmosphere but appalling game-play. Lazy AI and no attempt to reconcile the difference between Alien capabilites and the player's. Minimal to no opportunities to strategise. The list goes on and on.

They need an actual game designer.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well so was surprised to see them patting themselves on the back.

What little I've seen of the game, this is the impression I got too.

Am I the only one that thinks 1 million seems really low for multi-platform release with AAA production and the Alien IP?

News Comments > Diablo III "Major Lag"
14. Re: Diablo III Jan 20, 2015, 19:29 Krovven

Completed a rank 40 DH greater rift last night with 4min to spare. New personal record and best Grift rank in our clan. If I can do a rank 42 in less than 13min I'll break the top 1000 in NA for DH's.

Will try a rank 41 tonight...

I really need another Gift to try a decent 2h xbow. Currently using an Ancient Danneta 1h that is 3500 dps.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders
100. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 20, 2015, 15:17 Krovven

Quboid wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 21:31:
Thanks Verno, although I'm not standing up for anything. It's a shame but I don't think this warrants a boycott and I will buy GTA5 once it plays well - i.e. hopefully a few hours after release.

The reaction to this is really rather unexpected. I didn't think anybody would make the argument that removing content is fine because we can just pay for it again so I assumed "download" meant piracy. I was wrong to assume that because "and you pay for them too!" is actually being said as if it is a good thing and I did not see that coming.

And I didn't think anyone would give a shit about some licensed songs from 11 yrs ago being removed from a game that very very people still play, let alone use that as an excuse to boycott a company that makes great games. It's not Rockstars fault that whomever owns the rights said no to renewing the license.

12. Re: Diablo III Jan 20, 2015, 03:22 Krovven

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 22:27:
RNG Jesus was totally on my side... playing normal Torment 1 rifts and ended up finding a map where there was a 30+ group of treasure goblins in a far corner, and yes, each of them had it's duplicated pair the entire screen was full.... joy ;p

Also had the portal open in that encounter... rare luck. I like it

Wait. Vault portal opened in a rift? I thought it can only open in Bounties?

6. Re: Diablo III Jan 19, 2015, 16:11 Krovven

Yesterday afternoon it was laggy off and on but cleared up for most of last night.

I was just playing and the game was playing fine. About 10min ago the lag started back up again.

Really annoyed that I have yet to get a Ramaldini's Gift drop since the patch this week. I've got 2 new Ancient weapons that need Gifts.
Love the goblins! Using the Broken Crown to refill my stock of Topaz gems (enchanting DH rings/amulets).

For the love all that is evil Blizzard, raise the damn Blood Shard cap. 500 is ridiculous! Oh and how about a Shift-click to loot all of the same item type for those massive goblin pack loot explosions?!

News Comments > Sid Meier's Starships Announced
15. Re: Sid Meier's Starships Announced Jan 19, 2015, 14:14 Krovven

I'm willing to bet this is more like Sid Meier's Ace Patrol. A smaller mobile focused game.

I played the demo for Ace Patrol and it seemed pretty good. I just never bothered to buy it on my phone (I never seem to play games on my phone more than 1-3 times) and have other things to play on PC.

96. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 18, 2015, 14:41 Krovven

I'm just going to leave this here and hope top stem the flow of ignorance a little.

Social Club Online user made jobs.

Complaining you have to log into Social Club is like complaining about having to log into Steam to use Steam Workshop. Stupid.

95. removed Jan 18, 2015, 14:35 Krovven

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 19, 2015, 08:15.

68. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 18, 2015, 00:32 Krovven

Quboid wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 22:32:
Krovven wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 21:43:
try and explain yourself

Very well, I don't wish to duck any awkward questions so I will explain.

- They sold something.
- They took part of it away.
- Whatever the reason, it was their decisions that led to it.

I hope that's clear. Now you can go back to answering insults with insults, because you wouldn't want to be childish.

/facepalm. Their decisions 11+ years ago during development. Do you really think they thought they would be rereleasing the game 10+ years later on new platforms (like phones and tablets, that didn't even exist) that would cause their licensing to be void? No, because that wasn't unrealistic 10+ years ago. How do you know the limitation wasn't placed in by the license holder? You don't. This is how the real world works. You don't just get what you want your way, especially when someone else owns the product you are trying to borrow in your own product. Grow the fuck up and stop acting like an entitled idiot.

BOO HOO they took a few songs out of an 11 years old BECAUSE THE LAW REQUIRED THEM TOO! God some of you people act like you never stopped using diapers.

66. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 18, 2015, 00:25 Krovven

Kristian Joensen wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 21:47:
How about you actually read what I wrote? I spefically said that I will NOT pirate the game and that I am willing to give Rockstar Social Club a chance.

And I didn't say you. I said "people". As in the other people in this thread and the other, that are outright claiming they will pirate it. You were responding to Slicks post, which he was responding to someone else that did outright say they would pirate it. Maybe you shouldn't argue the side of someone that makes those claims if you feel you are going to be painted with the same brush.

Kristian Joensen wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 21:47:
It is the periodic online "entitlement" checks and hardware based DRM I have an issue with. You know the kinds of DRM that require good, stable internet connections and interfere with you upgrading your computer. That is what GTAV will have.

So what if it does? I NEVER HAD ISSUE WITH IT. And I can honestly say that nobody I have ever played GTA V on PS3 with ever complained about the Social Club. It logs you in when you load the game. Done. It's a non-issue unless you just want to use it as a bullet point to bitch about DRM. It's a service that provides a lot of benefits. I've already listed those, so I won't do it again. It's not straight DRM.

Don't have an internet connection? Too bad. I'm tired of people whining about their internet connections. If you don't have a good connection, don't buy it and play something else. Simple as that.
But for the last 15 years, we've had this thing called broadband internet. I don't want cool services like the Social Club with the stats tracking, custom jobs, clan pages, etc, to not exist because some butt-hurt redneck in the middle of nowhere can't get a good net connection or is only interested in the single player game.

You keep quoting "entitlement". It's their game, they are entitled to manage it however they see fit. You don't like it and are claiming you are entitled to an offline only game. Well you aren't.

63. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 21:43 Krovven

Quboid wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 20:50:
Krovven, you have repeatedly been insulting and abusive to both me and others so I don't wish to discuss this topic with you.

NamecaF, your TL;DR needs a TL;DR

Aww cry me a river. There a several posts (maybe not by you) making blanket insults to those that preorder (even by one of my friends). Do I get but hurt over it and refuse to talk to them? No. That's childish. So now you come across to me as both dumb and childish. Asking if you were dumb was a legit question. License agreements can't just be fixed. Statements like this just make me wonder why you would make statements like that when you clearly have zero understanding on how license agreements work. And no I'm not going to waste my time explaining it to you more thatn I already did.

The other poster said he loathes arrogance. I loathe ignorance far more. Majority of the posts in this thread are filled to the brim with ignorance.

But if you don't want to try and explain yourself and instead cry over an insult, not much I can do and I don't really care.

As far as I see it, every one of the fucktards claiming they won't buy it because of stupid ignorant ideals, it's one less moron I have to deal with online.

58. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 19:40 Krovven

Quboid are you dumb?

You can't just "fix" licensing agreements. If the other party no longer wants to license it or has raised the fee and the other party doesn't want to pay it...that's it. It likely only became an issue when Rockstar wanted to rerelease on new platforms.

As I've already stated...download the song and put it in the MP3 folder. Problem solved.

PS: music in tv and movies has been known to change due to licensing as well. This isn't something specific to Rockstar.

57. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 19:35 Krovven

Intrusive? Lol. How so? I don't think you know the meaning. It auto logs you in when you load the game. It behaves like it's not even there...unless you go to the website to view the info.

I logged in to Social Club every time I loaded the PS3 game and never even saw it. I logged in for GTA IV and for Max Payne 3. Never once have I ever had an issue.

People claiming they and others should pirate because they have stick up their ass over Social Club, these people are the problem and you are a bunch of fucking cunts.

I'm surprised Blue hasn't been deleting posts advocating piracy, as he used to.

54. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 18:00 Krovven

To all the people bashing Social Club and claiming it's just DRM....have you actually used it with GTA V or are you all just the typical ignorant morons spewing shit they know nothing about? I'll go with the latter.

Social Club for GTA V Online does a lot more than track achieves and 100% progress or just act as a friends list. It does many things but most importantly it acts as a hub for player made jobs. You know, that bonus free content all you fucking idiots claim you want but are too busy bitching about logging into a website because it's such a challenge for little brains.

To add, Social Club wasn't the problem with GTA IV, it worked fine. GFWL was the problem.

Slick, when did 16 months become equal to 2 years?
GTA IV ran like shit. It ran like shit on consoles too at even lower resolutions. It still ran better on my crappy computer than it did on my PS3. Red Dead ran fine on PS3 and Max Payne 3 ran fine on my old comp that struggled with GTA IV. GTA V runs well on consoles and will run fine on PC's.

I keep seeing this statement everywhere. How exactly has Rockstar treated anyone like pirates? Last I checked they sold all but 1 of their games on PC and have never made shit statements like the guy from Crytek.

As for San Andreas. Those bitching about the tracks being removed...who cares? And I'm sure you aren't still playing SA. Who still listens to the same ingame music 11 years later? I stopped listening to the ingame music about a week after I started playing it. Guaranteed you couldn't tell me what they were without looking them up. Do you understand why they were removed? If not, stop being a dumb ignorant fuck and look it up. Download the songs again and put them in the mp3 folder. Problem solved.

This comment was edited on Jan 17, 2015, 18:10.

31. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 17, 2015, 04:13 Krovven

NKD wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 03:58:
Okay, I'll bite. It's possible there could be some amazing title that is worth $60 even a year and a half or more after release. But is GTA 5 REALLY one of them dude?

Why is GTA 5 going to give me hundreds of hours of play? The PS3 version gave me about 30 hours or so. Enough time to go through all the missions and goof around a bit with the miscellaneous activities.

What do you envision me doing for hundreds of hours in GTA 5?

Why is this game exceptional?

If you have no interest in playing the online game, then no, it's not going to give you value.

If you own the game on PS3 and played the online game, you would know that it's a hell of a lot more than playing tennis. I only did that once myself. Boring shit.

Racing (too many various modes, vehicle types, tracks, etc to list. Land Sea and Air), Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, PvP Missions, Coop Missions, Survivals, Captures, Parachuting, and several other modes. And of course Freemode where you can do all sorts of things around the map aside from just getting into fights, causing mayhem, doing stunts, bounty hunting, etc, etc.

Of course there is darts, arm wrestling, tennis, shooting range and golf. Nobody really does those much. I intend to do some Shooting Range activities on PC though as it was a lesson in frustration with the gamepad.

12. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 16, 2015, 19:44 Krovven

Everyone needs to make their own choices for their own reasons. $800k cash for Online is significant though. That's a purchase of one of the best Super Cars. Or a property and a good car. Etc.

To earn 800k by playing takes a lot of hours doing missions.

10. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 16, 2015, 19:34 Krovven

Preordered without batting an eye. Going to be playing this for years.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Free Weekend
13. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Free Weekend Jan 16, 2015, 19:33 Krovven

Oops wrong thread.  

7360 Comments. 368 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo