Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6784 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Marvel Heroes Launches
52. Re: Marvel Heroes Launches Jun 5, 2013, 00:53 Krovven

Siygess wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 17:34:
Eh, there's no doubting that 'free' in this case means 'at least $10 to play as your favourite hero

Free to play does not mean, 'here have the entire game and never pay us anything so we can quickly go out of business and stop providing you the game'. The intention is, play it, if you like it enough to keep playing, buy something to keep them in business.

If you don't like it, you haven't wasted your cash on a game you don't like.

Where I draw the line with f2p/p2w games is when they want to gouge the player repeatedly for money to an excessive level. As a general rule I don't like free 2 play game because of it. But I'm willing to give some a shot.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

51. Re: Marvel Heroes Launches Jun 5, 2013, 00:42 Krovven

Axis wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 16:15:
I trash the P2W and DLC generation of Devs and Gamers, greedy devs glad for idiot buyers supporting a *fuck everyone in the ass* model.

No hypocrisy there

You are fucking hillbilly dumbass stupid aren't you? You don't seem to even know what the meaning of hypocrite is.

You support Paths of Exile, and have given them your money. It doesn't matter if you did it while it's still Alpha/Beta. They have a Pay2Win business model that you seem to hate so much. The fact that you don't understand this just goes to show you how fucking dense you really are.

34. Re: Marvel Heroes Launches Jun 4, 2013, 17:29 Krovven

Axis wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 17:19:

1. You have a comprehension problem Krovven.

Nope. But you do.

2. I decided not to play the game when I got over 6 spam 'O M G Last Chance!!' emails begging me to pay a ridiculous price for shit content and limited beta access. It might be decent, I don't know and don't care I'm not going to play it.

So to be clear on the comprehension here...you gave them your email to get info about the game. When you didn't want it any more you didn't press the "unsubscribe" button. You admit you haven't even played the game, yet are trashing it. Did I comprehend correctly?

My first description of hypocrite and ignorance was dead on.

3. You made 3 of the first 10 posts.

I sure did. And they were all discussing the game. Only deviated from that to point out you are a hypocrite, which you have been so kind as to prove yet again.

32. Re: Marvel Heroes Launches Jun 4, 2013, 17:07 Krovven

PropheT wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 16:44:
I'm not "emotional about this shit", I'm just baffled that you can't seem to wrap your head around the idea that some people might not like $85 DLC packs and they could potentially turn people off the game.

I didn't say you were emotional about it, but there have been several posts so far that have been. I'm not being defensive. I hadn't even played the game when I made my first post and had only loaded it for 5min when I made my second post. I have zero investment in the game and want to discuss whether the game is fun to play, not the business model. It's really simple. Don't like it, don't pay it. Personally I have no intention of paying their ridiculous prices, but that doesn't automatically make it a shit game.

Basically every post, other than mine have been about the billing, pricing and general business model of a game you can play for free. Nobody else in the first 10 posts was capable of taking their head out of their ass long enough to judge the game on the game rather than the pricing for something you can just get from drops in-game.

How many characters do you really need? The game has given me 2 already. Most ARPGs have 3-5 total. Outside of any random drops you get, maybe you will buy 1 or 2, which if that's the only money you ever spend, it's still less than the price of many games.

27. Re: Marvel Heroes Launches Jun 4, 2013, 16:11 Krovven

ASeven wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 15:53:
Krovven wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 15:27:
ASeven wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 15:19:
Word is this game is beyond awful.

Elaborate?

Most reactions I've heard can be sumrised in this video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NDa_Gm4X3nQ

So far I've gleaned he's a "huge Marvel fan" cus he watches all the movies (seriously?). He actually liked the 90's horrible Captain America movie. He is ok with pay-to-win in other games but takes issue with the Marvel Heroes pricing. He also has issue with pre-purchaseers getting to play early because everyone should be on "equal pace". After day one, being on equal pace with others goes out the window, so who gives a shit? He seems to like Neverwinter, which I've heard is awful. He says "Hawkeye is a piece of shit hero"? So far, I see no reason to respect anything he has to say. That's 3 min in.

The next 3min he complains about only one thing that might be an issue for me, which is the collision detection, I'll see as I play. He apparently can't figure out the quest system despite there being arrows telling you exactly where to go? How stupid do you have to be?
he goes on to complain about the random chance of getting bonus xp orbs and other hilariously stupid complaints. Everything else he has mentioned are standard to ARPG's. I stopped it there as I've agreed with really nothing up to halfway through the video. I'm not saying the game isn't going to have issues, but I won't be taking your word about the game being "beyond awful" as that's not what I got out of my first 30min at all.

As I get into the game, it may very well not have a long life. We'll see. But seeing as it's free, there is nothing to complain about. If I end up not liking it, I've not lost anything and I move on.

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 2013, 16:16.

25. Re: Marvel Heroes Launches Jun 4, 2013, 15:52 Krovven

PropheT wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 15:47:
Do you really honestly think it's unreasonable to complain about opening day DLC packs that cost more than brand new game releases and give you far less?

See my post after yours for my thoughts on the DLC pricing.

In-short, if you are never going to pay for it, who gives a shit about the pricing? Try the free game regardless of it's pricing model. If at some point you feel you are being forced to pay unreasonable amounts, stop playing and don't pay it. It really is that simple.

I just don't get why some people are so emotional about this shit. So with that said, I am the one with perspective, others not so much.

24. Re: Marvel Heroes Launches Jun 4, 2013, 15:48 Krovven

Lesaonar wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 15:28:
So you might not be having any issues that doesn't mean there aren't serious issues with Gazillions billing, customer support and account systems. Their technical support boards have been flooded this last week with varying issues. Issues that were present months ago in beta and Gazillion outright ignored or didn't consider them to be priorities.

At what point did I mention anything about billing or technical issues? I downloaded the game and tried it out for free right after launch this morning.

I'm not having any issues because I'm not interested in paying $90-$250 for a game I've never played before. Especially after watching David Brevik's Flagship and their ridiculous failure with the $250 lifetime subscription for Hellgate London, on top of paying for a $60 game. (edit: which I never bought or played)

My issue however is that everyone wants to harp about prices for something they don't have to pay for. Give the free game a try, see what characters you can get by just playing, assuming you like the gameplay. But no, people just want to whine and bitch without actually having first hand knowledge. Of all those posts bitching about the game, nobody is talking about the gameplay.

Thus far I have seen no reason to have to buy anything if you just want to play the game with the Heroes you are rewarded as loot. Of the 30min I've played and at level 3, it seems like the game has potential and I'll play it as I feel like it since it's free. Am I ever going to pay $90-$250 to get extra characters? Never. If I hit a wall in the game where it feels like I'm being forced to pay more than I think is reasonable to continue playing (ie: World of Tanks), I'll just stop playing. If down the road I still like the game and they have a sale on for characters I'd like to try, I might pay $10-$20 total.

It really is that simple. Unlike others, I don't feel the need to trash a game I've never played or a company I literally know nothing about. I haven't followed the development and billing issues, because I couldn't care less as it's not something I will throw be throwing money at any time soon. Nor do I feel the need to insult others over the games they choose to play or how much money they are willing to pay to play them. Nor am I a hypocrite like Axis and trash business models of some games while raving about (and paying for) another game with the similar business model.

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 2013, 15:55.

20. Re: Marvel Heroes Launches Jun 4, 2013, 15:27 Krovven

Axis wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 15:06:
Krovven wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 14:48:
Axis wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 14:44:
I haven't supported a DLC in my life

So the Paths of Exile shill that paid for stuff in that game has apparently never supported DLC in his life? Marvel Heroes has basically the same business model. You don't have to pay anything. Stuff is available in-game as drops/rewards.

The hypocrisy and ignorance on Blues never ceases to amaze.

I was talking in reference to all games, now here's a tissue. You don't have to blow $200 on Marvel we're well aware of that. You are not the only one who can read -- but you certainly are one of the few who make incredibly irrelevant posts with no substance while pounding your indignant chest.

I supported PoE with donations before they had anything to buy -- I know a good dev team when I see one. And I wouldn't "purchase" a *required for things* DLC from any game, as I said they are loads of shit. I'll leave that up to you Krovven, I know you bought a few and are very mad indeed... just keep playing D3... you'll make 3 bucks eventually.

Did you want to try that again and this time, make some sense?

19. Re: Marvel Heroes Launches Jun 4, 2013, 15:27 Krovven

ASeven wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 15:19:
Word is this game is beyond awful.

Elaborate?

12. Re: Marvel Heroes Launches Jun 4, 2013, 14:48 Krovven

Axis wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 14:44:
I haven't supported a DLC in my life

So the Paths of Exile shill that paid for stuff in that game has apparently never supported DLC in his life? Marvel Heroes has basically the same business model. You don't have to pay anything. Stuff is available in-game as drops/rewards.

The hypocrisy and ignorance on Blues never ceases to amaze.

9. Re: Marvel Heroes Launches Jun 4, 2013, 14:41 Krovven

Update: Within 15 minutes I received playable character Thing, as a quest reward.

But hey, don't let me stop those that haven't even tried it from bitching about things they know nothing about. Par for the course around here.

6. Re: Marvel Heroes Launches Jun 4, 2013, 14:16 Krovven

While the $250 all content pricepoint is rather high, you don't need everything to play and you can buy individual Heroes instead of getting bundles. From what I understand, you can swap between Heroes you own, on the fly in-game.

You choose your first free character from the choices of Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Storm, Daredevil, and Thing. I went with Hawkeye.

I've only just loaded it up, but it runs smooth, controls are tight (ie: Diablo 3 control response, not the slow response of Torchlight).
You can interact with the environment to compliment your abilities.

For free, I'm definitely gonna give it a go and see if it retains my interest down the road to warrant paying for anything.

4. Re: Marvel Heroes Launches Jun 4, 2013, 13:37 Krovven

Apparently Heroes drop in-game as loot.

David Brevik, "Marvel Diablo", I'm willing to give the game a shot since it's free.

I'm still having a blast playing coop D3 Inferno MP10...so if Marvel Heroes sucks, oh well.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2013, 13:28 Krovven

I wonder if the script will be based on this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner_2:_The_Edge_of_Human

I remember when it came out, but I never read it and no clue how well it was received.

After Prometheus, I'm not too keen on Scott revisiting his classics again.

News Comments > Primal Carnage Free Weekend
4. Re: Primal Carnage Free Weekend May 31, 2013, 19:31 Krovven

lol I bet one or both of the companies are pissed about this, as Orion: Dino Horde is also having a free weekend and sale.

News Comments > Call of Juarez Gunslinger Demo
22. Re: Call of Juarez Gunslinger Demo May 31, 2013, 02:58 Krovven

siapnar wrote on May 30, 2013, 22:47:
I wish someone would make an open world game with it.

You mean like Dead Island & Riptide? While not entirely open world, as there are some areas that require loading, they are open world games.

Maybe this is what you meant, but I would like to see a Call of Juarez open world game, especially since we won't be seeing Red Dead Redemption on PC.

News Comments > Rising Storm Rises
4. Re: Rising Storm Rises May 31, 2013, 02:51 Krovven

I don't see it mentioned above, so it's worth mentioning...if you already own RO2, your game in Steam has been updated to "Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2" and the single player is a separate executable (not sure under what name though).

RO2 owners get limited access to Rising Storm, ie: just Rifle class, you can't level up or customize your character.

So if you own RO2 and are curious abut Rising Storm but don't want to throw down money, you can try it out.

News Comments > Call of Juarez: Gunslinger FOV Tweaking Coming
19. Re: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger FOV Tweaking Coming May 26, 2013, 21:27 Krovven

PHJF wrote on May 26, 2013, 09:22:
I'm not too concerned about FOV (in a singleplayer game), but this shit here is a huge no no.

Call of Juarez isn't fucking Avatar.

Fog doesn't exist in the real world? I'm not sure what you think is the problem with that screenshot.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
47. Re: Steam Top 10 May 26, 2013, 21:23 Krovven

Ray Ban wrote on May 26, 2013, 17:52:
I've been playing Call of Juarez: Gunslinger over the weekend. Haven't had such fun since Outlaws!

Agreed. The game is great and is the right price. I pre-ordered so I got Bound in Blood and Gunslinger for $15 and it was well worth it, as Bound in Blood is a pretty good game itself.

Gunslinger gets a thumbs up from me. Too bad it didn't make the top 10. Aside from the Story mode being good, the Arcade and Duel modes are a lot of fun as well.

6784 Comments. 340 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo