Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6885 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Activision Blizzard's Financials - WoW at 7.6M Subs
2. Re: Activision Blizzard's Financials - WoW at 7.6M Subs Nov 6, 2013, 19:38 Krovven

Seems Pandaland is the WoW killer. As with every expansion I broke down and bought it. Burning Crusade brought me back for 4-6 months over two sessions months apart. WoTLK had me back for the longest period of all, about a year and a half. Cataclysm was 3-4 months over two sessions months apart. Pandaria I didn't last a month. I leveled to 90 (I think) and didn't even last 1 month. I literally hit max level and didn't log in again except to clear my mailbox before my 1 month sub expired.

For the first time in years, the other day I actually deleted the WoW folder off my hard drive. I had always kept a copy to keep my Ui mods there and so I didn't have to download the game again.

It would take a pretty amazing expansion to bring me back.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Nov 6, 2013, 10:18 Krovven

Still hate this new setup by Humble. It's been a pain in the ass to gift these games. Sharing the link was my error and I gave AC to 2 people by accident. So now having to get the other person that already owned AC to give me the link to give to someone else.

Would be better to have the games goto inventory as tradable items. Would be a happy medium. Serials can't be resold and we can still gift the games easily to friends.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Nov 6, 2013, 00:52 Krovven

Sent Arkham City to a friend and he tried to redeem it. Hasn't shown up on his Humble account and he hasn't received an email. He tried again to redeem it and it says it has already been redeemed.

New system sucks. Copy and pasting the serials to friends was so much simpler.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Nov 3, 2013, 17:33 Krovven

As clearly noted in the leaked email...Valve doesn't set the prices, so they are not to blame if the discounts aren't up to your standard.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Steam offline mode Nov 2, 2013, 00:44 Krovven

I'm rank 92, almost 93 according to the social club stats. Crazy since just a few days ago I was level 80. Leveling is not slow, as I've been trying to focus on making money and not RP. I noticed I seem to be gaining RP today just sitting idle while I had a bounty on my head. Despite all the problems I think the game is great and hope it just gets better after they can focus on tweaking gameplay and adding more content.

And yes, press and hold Select (PS3) or Back (360) to access additional functions. You will use this a lot, so learn it early. One of the best features...You can quick set waypoints without having to pause and open the map. This is great during missions as the first option after None will be the Objective. This can be particularly useful if the target is moving. You set your voice chat in here, vehicle access, share money, eat snacks (to heal), change some clothing and more.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2013, 15:52 Krovven

Verno wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 15:34:
Thanks for the info. I'm still pretty low, I just hated all of the waiting between things to start so that sorta sapped my desire to play. I need to find some activities that are fast to hop in and out of to do some grinding.

Survivals (level 15 required) are good entertainment, good RP and good Payout. plus you will raise your shooting skill like crazy. You are getting RP for every kill you get, plus a few thousand more for finishing and 20k (wave 10). Doing coop jobs with PUGS can be hit and miss. Races, if you can finish in the top few players is good fast RP and $$. Parachuting solo, most takes between 1 and 2 minutes and give decent RP.

I tend to start my sessions off by selling a car for 5-9k, then do Survival or two to get access to a Mini-gun and RPG. Then I'll do random things. If I get a good coop job, or see someone else hosting one, I'll join. Armored trucks are a big target right now as you can get 50k in 15-20min if you can chain them. Then sell another car, go after a Crate Drop, do a Gang Attack, go after one of the cars Simeon texts me for, or even the one that shows up green on the map, or try and stop another player from delivering it. Somewhere in there I inevitably get into a brief battle with a player or two and if it's not not coming to it's own end, I'll just take a mission to get out of the area.

Don't focus on doing just 1 thing. Mix it up...I've levelled up like crazy...but granted I've had a lot of time to play in the last month.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2013, 15:40 Krovven

As a side note, I have found it rather amusing how whiney the cheaters are. I was driving along waiting for Armored Trucks to spawn (one of the best ways to make money currently if you can get a nice string of spawns). I drive by some guy in his Entity, I keep going, but I see him turn around and come after me. I throw a Sticky on the road and slam on the breaks, watch for him as he come to the intersection towards me...boom, blow him and his car up.

Then he goes apeshit in voice chat, whining how I just blew up his car that he just had duped and can't get back, swearing at me, trying to tell everyone to vote-kick me, etc. Meanwhile I have driven tot he other side of downtown and he places a 9k bounty on me. I've got to get going and was going to log soon anyways to get ready to go away for the weekend. So I drive into the subway system from the river tunnel and stop in the tunnel right below where the LS Customs is in Vinewood Hills.

So everyone is going after the red dot bounty for the 9k, killing one another over it. A big battle with about 10 players was going on with a tank or two (I could hear the tank fire above me). It was freaking hilarious! So this guy jaykilla420 is all pissed off because nobody can find me, they are all too stupid to figure out that I'm in the subway tunnels below them. I went afk, checking back in so I didnt get idle kicked, packed my bags, took a shower, etc and go tready to leave. I even sent a mugger after him, just to torment him some more...funny shit. After 45min or so I got the 9k bounty

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2013, 15:29 Krovven

This is all the info that is known about what's coming. Rockstar newswire updates

And no don't expect Heists in 1.05.

Beach Bum (free) DLC is expected early Nov...will probably end up being late November seeing as they can't keep a single stated timeline thus far.

If you are low level, you are likely unable to be able to do Heists anyways as Heists are expected to be for higher levels. Plenty of coop jobs, races, survivals, parachuting, etc etc to do in the meantime. It doesn't take much to level up if you don't waste time in freeroam.

19. Re: Steam offline mode Nov 1, 2013, 15:16 Krovven

Not sure where else to post this, so feel free to pass it on...

GTA Online 1.05 patch delayed until next week now.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200331378

Currently, we expect the next title update (1.05) addressing player progress loss issues to be available sometime early next week. Following that, we hope to deliver everyone’s GTA$ Stimulus Package before the end of next week. A big thank you to GTA Online players worldwide for your continued patience and understanding and we will continue to keep you all updated.

Cheating and glitching for vehicles & money is getting out of control. I can only hope this is dealt with, with the 1.05 patch, otherwise the game is going to be an absolute mess in a couple weeks.

I was labelled a Bad Sport the other day for destroying 4 player vehicles in 3 hours. 1 of which was a crew vehicle that was destroyed by accident. Listening to all the cheaters brag about their exploits (Tanks, Jets, car duping and selling, etc) in the Bad Sport freeroam is absolutely ridiculous. Made even more ridiculous that legit players are segregated from their friends and crew and forced to play with these people after playing normally but just destroying a few player vehicles over the course of several hours.

This comment was edited on Nov 1, 2013, 15:22.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
50. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 31, 2013, 22:39 Krovven

Asmo wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 19:34:
Ceribaen wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 10:36:
Seeing as how my PS3 does DLNA and music playing and such. I think I'll wait for these features to be re-enabled before buying.

Basically by removing them, I've seen quite a few people like me looking at their ps3 and deciding there's no reason to upgrade in the near future.

Bingo, my PS3 only get's used occasionally for games, but mostly for media serving. PS3 media server + PS3 + 1 gig wired network + bluetooth remote control = very easy, very reliable media server...

I'm not sure why people are so blasé about chopping out features which really create a rounded system which increases it's value. I already have 3 computers in the computer room(mine, wife, son), a server & a PS3, I don't want to add a media PC to the collection if I replace the 3 with a 4...

If you basically never play games on your PS3, then there is no reason to upgrade to a PS4, regardless of whether it has media streaming or not.

If you just want a fully feature media sharing device, there are other options that are much cheaper than a PS4.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
46. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 31, 2013, 17:52 Krovven

Tunein on PS3 just launched the other day (for Vita next week).

tunein-for-ps3-and-ps-vita/

Spotify is not available in Canada apparently.

MP3's a hassle? Lazy much? Download torrent, put in folder, add to iTunes, add to iPhone playlist. All takes a few minutes.

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Oct 29, 2013, 13:15 Krovven

The AC4 reviews are mostly (all?) from consoles.

AC4 isn't out on PC until November 19th...so reviews of the PC version now would be rather impossible at this point.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
33. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 28, 2013, 18:52 Krovven

Alamar wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 09:17:
Ledge wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 07:01:
after purchasing the metro franchise pak for like 34 bucks a few days ago, it seems its been reduced even further to $21.somethin. bad timing. great game though.

Keep this in mind... Any time there is a publisher wide promotion, each individual (major) game/franchise will go on a daily sale during the week long sale...

-Alamar

That's not entirely true. There are plenty of Deep Silver titles that did not get daily deals. He had no way of knowing that Metro would get a further discount.

Rule of thumb for any sale though...wait until the last day to purchase anything that didn't show up as a daily deal.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
33. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut Oct 25, 2013, 18:01 Krovven

loomy wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 16:36:
independent, caring developers will add improvements like this in a patch. big companies will just let the game die. don't be the bastard who complains about this game getting extra attention. it's $5 for a patch, which is better than $0 for a dead game.

So now we should be thankful for being charged $5 for a patch?

While I don't bow to CD Projekt like others around here do, the rest of the industry could learn a few things from them.

Deus Ex HR was a success because of us that bought the game at launch, paying full or close to full price and spreading the word that it was a decent game despite some glaring flaws. Why are we now being asked to pay $5 (or more if you didn't buy The Missing Link [that should have been in the game in the first place]) to fix many of those flaws instead of just getting our games updated?

At this point, I highly doubt I'll ever bother to buy this as this is not a practice I want to support. It should have been free to those that owned the game and The Missing Link DLC with it being $5 to people that owned the base game and not the DLC.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Oct 23, 2013, 09:39 Krovven

Dacron wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 03:48:
Got hunted, was looking forward to it, and it seemed pretty good. Still an alpha, but it's one of those games were you feel compelled to keep going when i was playing. Minutes turn longer than you thought... Happy for $10

So that's why you weren't on GTAO last night!

I want Sir...Hunted, but with GTA I have enough to play for awhile, and being broke and not working increases willpower. Plus I have my Grim Dawn beta access that I haven't even tried yet.

I'm also not keen on the idea of games launching with Early Access and then going on sale before the final is even released. Hardly seems fair to the people that bought in at $20 which was only 2 months ago.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
23. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 20, 2013, 16:31 Krovven

Creston wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 14:26:
I think (hope) the nerfs are in preparation for the heists. If you can farm coop missions for 25K for a 5-10 min run, why bother with a heist?

Most aren't 5-10 minute runs though and cost the player cash just to participate via ammo expenditures which are often exceeding the payout for the job. And a lvl 27 25k rewarded job shouldn't be the baseline for comparison. It's what should have changed, not everything because of it.

When you compare that I just made 75k in 30min of random road and air races (not even exploiting) to what I could make doing coop jobs in the same timeframe, it used to be somewhat comparable, now it's not even remotely close. Again it's not all coop jobs, but at least 2/3s of them are way unbalanced for risk vs reward now.

19. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 20, 2013, 11:07 Krovven

Posted this in in the driver thread, but figured it might be seen by others here too.

Honestly a lot of the coop jobs below level 20 suck. Many of them are "chase" jobs, where you need to stop a moving vehicle, they take forever and don't have a good risk versus reward ratio. And have no fear, even at higher levels you will still be offered the low level jobs and you can always join them when other players are looking for others to join them.

With that said, last night we were doing some of missions that we haven't done much of, or didn't do at all. Partly just to get the double money for doing them the first time and also to mix things up a bit since we all had farmed Base Invaders and some of the others for their larger cash prizes before they were nerfed. Being level 57 now, and others getting into the 40's, we've also opened up a lot more mission options, as between 20 and 40 there were few missions that were worth the time.

We also did a round of golf and several flight races last night. Good times!

It's going to help a lot when they get the coop jobs into the vote screen.

I printed out a list of all the coop jobs and have been making notes and crossing off the obvious stinkers as I do them.
ie: Chasers, Chasers 2, Caught Napping, Deal Breaker, Going Down the GOH, etc.

Another example, while fun, Blow Up 1, 2 & 3 pay out only $750 -$1500 now, yet you will probably use a few grenades ($375ish) and/or Stickies ($600) to blow up those vehicles and make zero money or even spend more money doing the mission than you would completing it.

Basically, thanks to the payout nerf on coop jobs, there are now a lot of jobs that pay out $500 to $2500 and you are likely to spend more on ammo/supplies and spend 10-20 minutes to take a loss on a job.

We finally got Geralds highest level and highest paying job Dish The Dirt (lvl 45)and it only pays $3500 (granted it is 1750 RP which is good) and it wasn't much fun. Compared to so many of the other jobs that pay more and are actually fun...in short Lamar, Gerald and Simeons jobs tend to suck and don't pay well. Ron, Martin, Lester and Trevors jobs tend to be more fun and have better rewards.

Another example... Death From Above (lvl 24, pays out only $2500 now & 1050 RP)...a lot of fun, but it's freaking hard because not only is the house heavily fortified with private guards, as soon as shit hits the fan the cops swarm the streets outside the house. With 4 players you have get into the walled property that has limited cover options, through all the guards, kill the target, stop and take a photo of the dead target, escape, and then lose the cops before returning to Martin's house. This is made slightly easier if you get a Helicopter (even easier with a Buzzard), so $700 from Lester to locate or $1000 to take Merryweathers (wont be a Buzzard). There goes a good chunk of one team members profit...nevermind any grenades/stickies and ammo used.

Rockstar has fucked up when it comes to the nerfing of coop job payouts especially compared to the zero risk and great rewards of races. It was a knee jerk reaction to their biggest mistake, which was Base Invaders being a level 27 cash cow taking in 25k for a relatively easy mission, when at the time no other mission payed out 25k for another 30+ levels. So now everything that paid out an appropriate amount has been nerfed because of Base Invaders. /rant over

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2013, 11:38.

News Comments > GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers?
41. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2013, 11:05 Krovven

Honestly a lot of the coop jobs below level 20 suck. Many of them are "chase" jobs, where you need to stop a moving vehicle, they take forever and don't have a good risk versus reward ratio. And have no fear, even at higher levels you will still be offered the low level jobs and you can always join them when other players are looking for others to join them.

With that said, last night we were doing some of missions that we haven't done much of, or didn't do at all. Partly just to get the double money for doing them the first time and also to mix things up a bit since we all had farmed Base Invaders and some of the others for their larger cash prizes before they were nerfed. Being level 57 now, and others getting into the 40's, we've also opened up a lot more mission options, as between 20 and 40 there were few missions that were worth the time.

We also did a round of golf and several flight races last night. Good times!

It's going to help a lot when they get the coop jobs into the vote screen.

I printed out a list of all the coop jobs and have been making notes and crossing off the obvious stinkers as I do them.
ie: Chasers, Chasers 2, Caught Napping, Deal Breaker, Going Down the GOH, etc.

Another example, while fun, Blow Up 1, 2 & 3 pay out only $750 -$1500 now, yet you will probably use a few grenades ($375ish) and/or Stickies ($600) to blow up those vehicles and make zero money or even spend more money doing the mission than you would completing it.

Basically, thanks to the payout nerf on coop jobs, there are now a lot of jobs that pay out $500 to $2500 and you are likely to spend more on ammo/supplies and spend 10-20 minutes to take a loss on a job.

We finally got Geralds highest level and highest paying job Dish The Dirt (lvl 45)and it only pays $3500 (granted it is 1750 RP which is good) and it wasn't much fun. Compared to so many of the other jobs that pay more and are actually fun...in short Lamar, Gerald and Simeons jobs tend to suck and don't pay well. Ron, Martin, Lester and Trevors jobs tend to be more fun and have better rewards.

Another example... Death From Above (lvl 24, pays out only $2500 now & 1050 RP)...a lot of fun, but it's freaking hard because not only is the house heavily fortified with private guards, as soon as shit hits the fan the cops swarm the streets outside the house. With 4 players you have get into the walled property that has limited cover options, through all the guards, kill the target, stop and take a photo of the dead target, escape, and then lose the cops before returning to Martin's house. This is made slightly easier if you get a Helicopter (even easier with a Buzzard), so $700 from Lester to locate or $1000 to take Merryweathers (wont be a Buzzard). There goes a good chunk of one team members profit...nevermind any grenades/stickies and ammo used.

Rockstar has fucked up when it comes to the nerfing of coop job payouts especially compared to the zero risk and great rewards of races. It was a knee jerk reaction to their biggest mistake, which was Base Invaders being a level 27 cash cow taking in 25k for a relatively easy mission, when at the time no other mission payed out 25k for another 30+ levels. So now everything that paid out an appropriate amount has been nerfed because of Base Invaders. /rant over

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2013, 11:38.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2013, 10:30 Krovven

Creston wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 20:42:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 19:46:
Who ended up fisnihing the BN logo for our Crew? Is it possible to do the background black and then Blue? Or does it not show well? Was thinking about changing our crew color white if we leave the emblem the way it is, just to make it pop more. White box on cars and shirts looks kinda goofy.

As seen here?

Or frame it, that would be better I guess, just add a border around the outside? Don't even know if that is possible.....lame ass tools.

I thought Blue had made a more Vice City'ish logo?

How to make a transparent background.

16. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 19, 2013, 21:21 Krovven

Gang Attack locations and times available.

http://i.imgur.com/RAJ0MW3.jpg

6885 Comments. 345 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo