Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 7408 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 1, 2015, 20:23 Krovven

jdreyer wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 17:33:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 15:46:
Wow, HWRC leads the pack? I find that somewhat hard to believe, although I loved the originals and the Remastered versions are very good indeed.

Nice to see Hotline Miami 2 on there also, although people should be buying it off GoG.

I'm embarrassed to say I preordered HWRC, something I haven't done in literally ten years. Embarassed

But I'm loving it, so money well-spent!

It's great,but there are a lot of little bugs and balancing issues in the campaign. I've stopped playing and waiting to see what the first patch brings.

In the old game you could create more than 2 units at a time from multiple ship categories. Not being able to make more than 2 units at a time significantly impacts your ability to combat the masses of enemy forces in missions like 7 & 8 and causes major balance issues.

Researching upgrades never used to cost RU's. You spent the RU's on your Research Pods that allowed you to research faster. Now, you have to pay for each research upgrade, which limits how many units you are able to produce in a mission even further.

There is a bug preventing you from zooming in closer to ships...which means for units like Collectors you cant see how many RU's they are holding.

Zooming in and out also behaves weirdly. It seems to be much slower zooming out than in and may even have some sort of acceleration. It's annoying as hell.

You can't skip the in-mission cutscenes with the Spacebar (when the narrator is talking to you) like you could in the first game. Once you've been told them and you reload, you don't need them again and it can save you valuable time in some of the missions (like going through the Asteroid field).

There are tons of other bugs which you can see posts about on the various Steam and Gearbox forums.

Many of these problems won't even be noticeable to new players. But if you know the old game, or have it installed to compare too, there are many things making this not as good as the original.

I will say however that there are plenty of good updates to the game as well. Some of the UI additions like the Info and Build tabs in the upper left corner are handy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
42. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2015, 22:21 Krovven

So random and off-topic...does anyone know of a website with instructions of how to install Outlaws and it's patches in Windows 7?

I did find an installer that allows me to install the CD...but now I can't run the patch files ol_v11.exe, olupd201.exe, outlaws_missions.exe.

It's odd because I installed the game what I thought wasn't too long ago, and didn't have any problems...but maybe that was back on WinXP?

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Visual Upgrade Coming
19. Re: Wasteland 2 Visual Upgrade Coming Feb 28, 2015, 01:48 Krovven

It's great when games like this get post release support. Witcher and Witcher 2 both come to mind. But it's funny...because I wait a little bit after release for a patch or two before playing, and then they keep doing these enhancements, so I keep holding off. Then I never play them, or it's possibly years before I get around to playing them.

ie: Preordered Witcher 2 and still haven't played it. Wasteland 2 kickstarted, and haven't played it yet either.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Starships Next Month
2. Re: Sid Meier's Starships Next Month Feb 25, 2015, 21:34 Krovven

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 20:45:
Huh, that was fast. Seems like we just heard about this a month ago.

It's just too close to Beyond Earth's release. I'm not ready for a Civ game and Starships looks great. But for $15...yea I'm all over it.

Price point also keeps me thinking it's not "that" deep of a game and is more along the lines of Ace Patrol. The gameplay vid still however made it look really good.

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Homeworld Remastered Collection
21. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Homeworld Remastered Collection Feb 25, 2015, 18:32 Krovven

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 18:27:
Krovven wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 18:11:
It's a rock-paper-scissors format for the units. Mousing over the units in the Build menu tells you exactly what each unit is strong against and weak against.

Also, IIRC there's kind of a DPS-tank mechanic where you put assault frigates in the front to soak up damage and keep the weak but devastating ion frigates in the rear to destroy enemy cap ships.

Yea exactly. I just edited my other post, as in mission 5 they specifically tell you that the top, bottom and sides of the enemy ships are weaker.

17. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Homeworld Remastered Collection Feb 25, 2015, 18:15 Krovven

rist3903 wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 18:12:
I remember really liking the storyline for this. This was the first game I played where the music emphasized the emotional power of the story.

Indeed. One of the few games that I leave the game music on and don't listen to MP3's while I play.

16. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Homeworld Remastered Collection Feb 25, 2015, 18:14 Krovven

One thing I just tested in Homeworld 1 campaign...you no longer need to spend a bunch of time at the end of a mission to collect all the remaining resources on the map.

Clicking Hyperspace will automatically give you the remaining resources.

I still recommend spending time before ending each mission to organize and replenish your units, do any research available, etc.

As I haven't played it yet, not sure if Homeworld 2 was changed to not force you into the next mission whether you are ready or not.

14. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Homeworld Remastered Collection Feb 25, 2015, 18:11 Krovven

Creston wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 17:42:
I know really good players were far more skilled with the tactical part of it than I was, so they were probably able to get through those battles easier/with fewer losses, but to me it was just "Send my big blue blob to their big red blob and watch the shitstorm."

And maybe that's why you didn't do so well in the later missions? You don't just send units in and hope they survive. Use Tactics and Formations and use the proper units versus enemy unit types.

Much was always made of the fact that it had full 3D, but it never really used that full 3D in any way. Yeah, you could attack stuff from above or below, but it seemed to make zero difference to anything, so why not just attack from the front? It also had a pretty clunky mechanic for selecting the 3rd axis that I found fiddly to deal with.

Uhhm, so that maybe they can't use their primary weapons against your ships? Frigates and Capital Ships have some weaponry to shoot various directions, but their primary weapons generally shoot out the front. But go ahead, attack from the front and wonder why your ships are being cut to pieces.

Edit: Just to add, as I'm playing the game right now...in mission 5 you are specifically told that the enemy frigates have lighter armor on the top, bottom and sides, with instruction to move your units and attack accordingly.

Also, IIRC, there wasn't really much to distinguish the ship types from one another. Every bigger class of ship just had more health and did more damage, but I don't believe they had specific uses or powers that allowed you to use them in various ways (I may be wrong about it, it's been ages since I played it.) It all just seemed like straight-up DPS, so to speak.

No, No, No, No, No. I don't understand why you or anyone else would post this kind of stuff without actually knowing or looking it up first. It's not like the information hasn't been available for 15 years.

It's a rock-paper-scissors format for the units. Mousing over the units in the Build menu tells you exactly what each unit is strong against and weak against.

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2015, 18:31.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details
28. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 25, 2015, 13:08 Krovven

It's TIME!

16. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 25, 2015, 05:08 Krovven

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 03:41:
Fuck copyright laws. That shit should be in the public domain already. I don't get paid royalties on the code I wrote 20 years ago. 10 years should be max copyright. 15 years at the outside. US Constitution:
To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries.

How in the fucking hell is 90 fucking years "limited" in any way, shape, or form? My unborn grandson will be an old man by the time any song created in my lifetime enters public domain. Ridiculous. Hell, the law should probably be "once the artist has recovered the production costs, the art enters public domain."

You've gotta be kidding me right? The band Yes, still exists. You think after a few years they should just lose all rights to their own music and not get paid?

That is just all kinds of stupid.

News Comments > Cancelled Legacy of Kain Sequel Footage
10. Re: Cancelled Legacy of Kain Sequel Footage Feb 25, 2015, 00:21 Krovven

Verno wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 08:31:
I don't know, first game hasn't aged well I played it last week. It would need to be reimagined for sure. I actually liked most of the series but they all suffer from my lower teenage standards from years past

I'm sure it doesn't hold up, but back in 1996 is was a damn good console ARPG. I played it on the Playstation when it first came out and never played the PC version (if I remember right it came later and didn't look as good). Nothing to say a modern Legacy of Cain ARPG couldn't be done well.

When they moved to the 3rd person fighting game style, I was really annoyed. I didn't like them at all, and still don't like that style of game (Arkham series being the exception).

News Comments > GTA5 PC Delay
71. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 25, 2015, 00:16 Krovven

Yosemite Sam wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 23:53:
Hiest delayed again, color me not surprised. Was expecting it today, not really disapointed still got the Destiny itch. My guess is R* has a skeleton crew working on it and moved most people over to creating paid DLC... Same reason it never came out last year, they were all working on the next gen ver of the game.

I don't remember Heists having a date before. Last I recall was when they announced the last PC delay, they also announced Heists would be coming to consoles in the weeks prior to the PC release, but hadn't given a date.

11. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 25, 2015, 00:03 Krovven

What baffles me the most about the song choice is that the original Homeworld song by Yes that was at the end of the original game will not be in the Remastered "due to licensing issues".

So they are willing to pay to use Sail for a trailer, but not the Homeworld song for the full game? Granted "licensing issues" doesn't necessarily mean that gearbox didn't want to pay...could have also been the record company or band was asking for a ridiculous amount, or simply didn't want to license the song again.

I'm not going to miss the song from the game though as it was in the credits anyways and it's easily listened to on Youtube.

Original Homeworld credits.

Edit: Just to note, there is a post over on the Gearbox forums from a dev stating that they are hopeful for the future with getting the song back in. I can only imagine that if the song was in the game it would be good exposure for the band to pick up some sales and new fans.

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2015, 00:14.

69. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 23:05 Krovven

Rigs wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 21:55:

Krovven wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 18:58:
Aside from several people already on ignore, the majority of this thread seems to have no problem with this delay. So not sure what you are going off about this time.

Didn't last time you say you you were done, you had deleted your Social Club account and cancelled your preorder and weren't interested in this anymore because of the last delay?

Move on, stay excited, but leave the drama in your head.

Right on three counts. I am done, I deleted my RSC account (or rather, uninstalled it and it now lays dormant) and cancelled my pre-order (the very next day actually). I'm still interested in the game, obviously, and will be. And I'm not bringing 'drama', I'm giving my opinion. Because it doesn't line up with yours doesn't mean it's dramatic bullshit. That statement proves that you're only interested hearing things that you deem worthy, which proves my point.

=-Rigs-=

I didn't say anything in contrary to your opinion, as your post wasn't clear who you were talking to or what you were actual arguing.

You seemed to be defending those that preordered with your post, which seemed in direct contradiction to your "Fuck Rockstar" post from before. But as you said you are having trouble putting thoughts to words, so I'll just assume it's more to do with being overly emotional over the topic.

60. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 20:08 Krovven

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 19:59:
Slick wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 19:37:
it's probably because their first quarter financials are already looking good, so they want to pad their second quarter financials by pushing this a few weeks back.

Someone mentioned Heist hasn't been released. Is this suppose to release for the Sony/MS prior to the PC release? If so perhaps they want it to be exclusive to consoles for a bit longer.

As for people being butt hurt in anyway in this thread, that is how it works here. IMO no game is or should be given special treatment. Obviously a well enough adjusted person will be able to deal with this delay.

Read the news story other than just the headline.

With Heists for consoles being so close to the previous release date, I'm sure this has more to do with getting Heists and Online as bug free as possible for PC at release.

If they have a brutal release, the Internet might explode in hatred. They have to get this right.

6. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 24, 2015, 19:23 Krovven

Creston wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 18:35:
I didn't realize this was gonna get full mod support. I wasn't super interested before, but that kinda changes things.

~ 3 months before a full Battlestar Galactica TC?

Yep. Was talked about in the PAX East video. Whether it was Gearbox or Blackbird, one of them have hired on a few of the longtime Homeworld modders to help with the Remastered release as well as improving mod support.

56. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 18:58 Krovven

Rigs wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 16:18:
I give up. You know, it's pretty jerkish to make someone feel bad and bully them just because they're excited about a game coming out and disappointed that they delay it. So what? How does that hurt you in any way? I got lambasted last delay for going off the chain a little about it and all I could think was what the fuck does that have to do with you? Congratulations, you wait for reviews, you wait for word of mouth. I can GUARANTEE there's something that you DON'T wait for, something that you just can't wait to get your hands on and when that something (whatever it may be) gets delayed, you get upset. No one is immune and if they say they are, they're lying to themselves! It's like some of you get off on giving those of us who are looking forward to this game a hard time...and it's sickening...

=-Rigs-=

Aside from several people already on ignore, the majority of this thread seems to have no problem with this delay. So not sure what you are going off about this time.

Didn't last time you say you you were done, you had deleted your Social Club account and cancelled your preorder and weren't interested in this anymore because of the last delay?

Move on, stay excited, but leave the drama in your head.

55. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 18:45 Krovven

DangerDog wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 13:57:

Battlefield Hardline just picked up some extra sales on the PC from this delay no doubt. They were scheduled to release a week apart.

Quite possibly. Pillars of Eternity was releasing a day after GTA V on March 26. With the delay I might consider grabbing that. But who am I kidding...I already have several RPG's to finish.

News Comments > Cancelled Legacy of Kain Sequel Footage
7. Re: Cancelled Legacy of Kain Sequel Footage Feb 23, 2015, 23:51 Krovven

Ray Marden wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 20:38:
Unfortunate. This canceled game looks more interesting than a number of other games that have been released in the past year.

Then again, it's Square Enix so we should expect as much...

Guessing there is always the Darksiders series,
Ray Flaws and all.

Now that I watched some of the video, this actually looked good. Supernatural abilities with the Batman fight system, semi-rpg and open world = I'd buy.

The game was not projected to meet Square Enix sales projections, and was scrapped

Was this the same idiot that expected 6 million sales in the first month for Tomb Raider?

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Changes
7. Re: Homeworld Remastered Changes Feb 23, 2015, 23:39 Krovven

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 22:37:
Krovven wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 18:54:
Troll post? Have you ever even played the game? Your ships turn on their own to fire at targets. And sphere formation surrounds and move with the target while firing.

Hrm, sphere surrounds? I don't recall that, but it's been about 10-12 years.

I'll try it out in a few days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_mi9AFqcFY

He states they won't move, but he is saying that while fighting a stationary target. If you do Sphere against a single capital ship that is on the move, the ships will move with it.

7408 Comments. 371 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo