Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6803 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced
14. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 19:17 Krovven

ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 19:08:
Krovven wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 19:05:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 18:58:
Now yes, they stated that it was only for the 4 quest DLCs, but this doesn't matter to me

/facepalm

You bought what they advertised. End of story. As it is, they already included the UVHP in the Season's Pass, which they didn't need to do as it wasn't advertised.

Fucking children these days think they deserve everything in the world for nothing.

Why are you guys so mad about my different opinion? I've had less flak from offending religious people.

Because your greedy opinion is what leads to developers going out of business. Why do you feel entitled to content that was never advertised in the package you paid for? It's real people making a product that you want. I'm so tired of greedy bitches thinking that everyone should work for free to provide them with what they want.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced
12. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 19:05 Krovven

ItBurn wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 18:58:
Now yes, they stated that it was only for the 4 quest DLCs, but this doesn't matter to me

/facepalm

You bought what they advertised. End of story. As it is, they already included the UVHP in the Season's Pass, which they didn't need to do as it wasn't advertised.

Fucking children these days think they deserve everything in the world for nothing.

Kinda like the person in the sale thread complaining about a $1.50 difference between what he would pay for Van Helsing/DLC (he stated $8) and not paying the sale price cus it was too expensive ($9.50).

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
111. Re: What about free games? Jul 16, 2013, 18:46 Krovven

Ant, do you ever look stuff up yourself before you ask on here? Usually things you ask could yield an answer in seconds if you just Googled it.

And are you so cheap that $5 is too much for a good game?

So all the "Free to Play" games on Steam are just "meh"? I highly doubt you've played them all, as there are plenty of good F2P games on Steam.

Team Fortress 2 became Free To Play over 2 years ago now. How anyone has missed that is beyond me.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Classic MP and Linux Support Planned
4. Re: Shadow Warrior Classic MP and Linux Support Planned Jul 15, 2013, 02:17 Krovven

shihonage wrote on Jul 14, 2013, 17:42:
Yeah except none of the build engine ports have reliable coop with multiplayer save/loading.

So I'm still waiting for "proper" of that with Duke3D, and they already released Shadow Warrior instead of working on that.

Yea they "promised" Multiplayer for Duke3D Megaton and haven't delivered on that yet. So they don't get my money for Shadow Warrior until they get Coop/MP in for both games.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
39. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 16:28 Krovven

You guys crack me up. It's day one, first set of Flash Deals and the first Community Choice hasn't even gone on sale yet. 10 days to go... Talk about impatient.

GMG's 666 sale was garbage. Was mostly crappy budget games and was very limited, was made up of titles from the same IP's (ie: Worms games were on sale most cycles instead of just having them all discounted at once). Sales applied to bundles only and not individual titles. (ie: Total War and Borderlands 2). I didn't buy a single game during the GMG sale.

Gunslinger is $10 on daily deal and is more than worth that. 6 people on my friends want the game and none have bought it yet today. One of them is in this thread complaining about the Steam Sale being lackluster. Shit or get off the pot.

I'm grabbing a few Pinball FX2 tables as they are 50% off, and a dev has posted in their community hub that they not get a further discount as a Daily Deal.

Considering Don't Starve 2 pack for $6.75 each.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Plans?
26. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Plans? Jul 9, 2013, 01:23 Krovven

Indeed. Quickest way to get sued or at the very least make sure nobody buys your future games...sell a seasons pass and then not deliver what was already sold.

I look forward to the campaign DLC as it has a chance of being decent. And at least I'll be able to play it unlike the MP DLC.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Plans?
10. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC Plans? Jul 8, 2013, 11:20 Krovven

They owe the community 1 more DLC, they have released Bug Hunt and 2 MP map packs already. Bug Hunt was great. The MP map packs were useless to the PC community since their implementation of matchmaking is completely broken on PC.

After the campaign DLC, that will probably be the last of it based on what was listed in the Seasons Pass description.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
32. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 7, 2013, 02:34 Krovven

Civ5 Brave New World in a few days.
Company of Heroes 2
CoJ Gunslinger
FC3 Blood Dragon
Trackmania (several releases)
Grid 2
Bioshock Infinite
Metro Last Light

That's just the last few months and that's just for PC. There were more good games in the first few months of the year and dozens of other game releases ranging from bad to great. If you think it's bit a shitty first half of the year, you are an idiot.

News Comments > Magic 2014 Duels of the Planeswalkers Released
5. Re: Magic 2014 Duels of the Planeswalkers Released Jun 27, 2013, 01:31 Krovven

Mootant you are full of shit.

The price point on DoTP releases is very cheap compared to if you were to buy the physical pre-made Theme Decks. Especially when they are released with new sets every 3-4 months and new Core set ever year. DoTP is for the casual Magic player for the most part. If someone wants to get really competitive, open boosters and make their own decks to really get into pro decks, they will do in in Magic Online.

Most decks can be unlocked by playing the game. Foil cards are a waste of money and for "collectors". There is zero need to pay to unlock decks if you just play the game.

If you think $20 a year is a cash grab, you clearly have no basis for what that means. A single pre-made Theme Deck in real life retails for about $15. There is what, 8 to 10 decks in the base game?

News Comments > Op Ed
59. Re: Op Ed Jun 12, 2013, 22:25 Krovven

killer_roach wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 20:08:
That being said, I find your offloading of your own indignation onto hypothetical others hilarious.

Hypothetical others? I speak from personal experience from friends that were raped. Or are you suggesting that people that have had friends or family members raped, would find the topic something to joke about?

I've asked several times how funny they would find it if their own friends and family members were raped. None of them answered my questions. Fact is, they wouldn't find it funny at all and they have no intelligent response to it, because they know they are wrong.

Whether the joke is in a room full of thousands of people or 3 people, it's not something to joke about. I don't expect to change anybody's mind on the matter. It's up to them to think about how they would feel if it was something that happened to someone they love, if they would still think it's laughing matter.

If you think rape jokes are funny, go tell your wife, mother or daughter that you think rape is a joke. See how they react.

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 2013, 22:35.

News Comments > Walking Dead DLC Detailed
14. Re: Walking Dead DLC Detailed Jun 12, 2013, 21:54 Krovven

Beamer wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 20:46:
You guys do realize that it's utterly impossible to make a plotted game where your choices truly matter, especially if it's voice acted, and especially if it's $20, right?

It's not impossible, as they did it with several characters in the game, where the player was forced to make a choice between saving one character or another. Point is they put several instances where the player has to make choices, but only about 3 of this instances mean anything.

Furthermore RPG's do it all the time. Some even have had your choices carry from game to game.

News Comments > Op Ed
52. Re: Op Ed Jun 12, 2013, 19:55 Krovven

People-who-still-think-rape-jokes-are-funny

If you think rape jokes are funny, I can guarantee that if you have a loved one that has been raped, you won't find it funny any more. Real men don't think rape is funny, just sad little boys.

10. Re: Walking Dead DLC Detailed Jun 12, 2013, 19:08 Krovven

Quinn wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 18:10:

I understand that's a bummer for many, but to me.. replaying a game ends up with either making the exact same choices or making different choices and feeling horribly uncomfortable in doing so.

I put myself in the protagonist. Changing the decisions I'd normally make for the sake of replayability just... rubs me the wrong way.

But what you don't seem to understand is that those decisions you made, weren't actually decisions at all. ie: Would you like orange Juice, Coke, Milk, or Water? You choose Milk. I hand you Coke in a Milk bottle. Your choice meant nothing when the end result is always the same.

I would have preferred to see those choices mean something. So if I saved that guy and let the kid die, how does the story change? How does that kids father treat me throughout the story? How does the guy I saved impact the story if he lived?

In the end, the Walking Dead game was so good because of the story and the acting, not because of the gameplay.

So, why provide the questions to the player when the answers mean nothing? It's a false sense of choice. The developers should just let the point and click adventure play out as they want it to, rather than trying to trick the player into a sense of false gameplay.

News Comments > Deus Ex Human Revolution - Director's Cut Coming to PCs
23. Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution - Director's Cut Coming to PCs Jun 12, 2013, 18:51 Krovven

dumpy wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 18:17:
I expect they will release this as a DLC or as a patch to people who already own the game - much like how the enhanced Witcher games have been released. Would seem like pretty bad PR to do otherwise. Does anyone know of any official statements concerning this?

You know exactly what we do, which is what is on the website.

Eidos has demonstrated recently that they don't exactly have their finger on the pulse of their games and fans, ie: basically stating the new Tomb Raider was a failure to them, despite it outselling all the previous games, and recently announcing a new Deus Ex game for mobile.

I'm not holding my breath when it comes to existing owners getting these updates for free. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they do however.

News Comments > Op Ed
28. Re: Op Ed Jun 12, 2013, 17:33 Krovven

NKD wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 17:18:
And now thinly veiled threats of violence. And you think Cutter is nuts.

Rather sad that of my posts, that is the only thing you can comment on. You take offence to that, but think jokes about rape is appropriate.

Fact is you, nor anyone else, have a meaningful rationale as to why jokes about violent sex crimes are funny.

Those that want to defend jokes about rape or other violent crimes, just makes it really easy to know who to add to the ignore list.

News Comments > Diablo III Expansion in 2014?
31. Re: Diablo III Expansion in 2014? Jun 12, 2013, 17:24 Krovven

Redmask wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 17:09:
Acting like people can't judge a game unless they have played the latest patch revision is really disingenuous. I gave Diablo 3 a lot of chances and I'm a big Blizzard fan but in my opinion it is simply an inferior ARPG title compared to games like Path of Exile.

If all people are going to do is make comments regarding things that have long since changed/improved, then yes, their comments hold no weight and are meaningless.

I didn't like Paths of Exile when I tried the early beta. I hear it's changed. One of these days I'll give it another go. In the meantime, I don't go into every thread regarding the game trashing it based on my experience with it from about a year ago. To do so would be ignorant.

As you can see, there are several people that have posted that they have returned to D3 lately and are stating it's much better.

And my reply was to nin, whom unless I'm mistaken never played the game at all, but goes out of his way to make snide comments in basically every D3 thread.

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Jun 12, 2013, 17:16 Krovven

NKD wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 16:51:
If you're just gonna sit here and rage post, please be an adult and leave the discussion until you've calmed down.

Intelligent adults don't make jokes about violent crimes, or laugh at violent crimes. I've known several people that were either raped or molested as a child. It's no laughing matter. It haunts them for the rest of their lives. Some can't even live with themselves and commit suicide because of it.

So yes, I will rage post and continue to do so when insensitive small minded morons like you, think jokes about violent crimes is funny. Trust me, rage posting is far better than what I'd do if you were standing in front of me stating that jokes about raping women is funny.

Amanda Berry, Michelle Knight, Gina Dejesus, do you think it's funny they were held captive and repeatedly raped for over 10 years? Do you think the women in India that were gang raped on buses, is funny?
Do you think it's funny when a women doesn't feel safe walking down the street at night for fear of being attacked? Do you think it's funny that fathers rape their own little girls?

Maybe you and other just won't understand until you have a loved one that has been the victim.

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Jun 12, 2013, 16:17 Krovven

NKD wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 15:59:
Krovven wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 14:58:
It's really simple, if you had a friend or family member that had been raped, you wouldn't find rape jokes very funny, nor would you defend them.

Anyone that thinks rape jokes are funny and tries to justify them, needs a reality check.

"If you were emotionally vulnerable to situation X or Y, you wouldn't find X or Y funny or appropriate or right." is a pretty poor argument.

If I had PTSD, I wouldn't find running up behind someone with a paper bag and popping it funny, but I'm not going to bitch at people for doing it.

Just because something offends me, doesn't mean I'm going to get upset when everyone else is just like "What's the big deal?"

If you don't see the difference between making jokes about a violent sex crime and popping a paper bag, you are a fucking idiot.

Knowingly popping a paper bag behind someone with PTSD, is not funny. Popping a paper bag behind anyone else, funny. Making jokes about PTSD in-general, not funny. Making jokes about raping people, regardless of whether they have been a victim of the crime, is not funny.

If I came to where you lived, raped your mother, daughter, sister, brother, or father...that would be freaking hilarious wouldn't it?

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 2013, 16:27.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
25. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 12, 2013, 16:13 Krovven

People keep saying that the Xbox One model is just like Steam's model...

There is one massive difference.

Steam doesn't stop working when you have no internet connection for 24 hrs. There is an offline mode.

6. Re: Walking Dead DLC Detailed Jun 12, 2013, 16:08 Krovven

I really enjoyed the first game, but there was no replayability. The "choices" you made in the game ultimately made no difference whatsoever.

ie: near the start of the game, regardless of your actions, there was no way to save the guy by the fence/tractor at the start of the game.

Aside from a few instances where they force you to choose between one character or the other, regardless of what you did had no real impact.

6803 Comments. 341 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo