Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6785 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined
19. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined Mar 25, 2014, 14:50 Krovven

Logged on when I got home from work, a couple hours after launch and had no queue or lag issues.

Started up Act V campaign on Torment 3, a friend joined and we did up to the Cemetery before he had to log. The mini-bosses dps output is insane compared to everything else. We had zero problem with trash and elites, then got destroyed many times over by Drygha. We dropped to T2 and finished him off. Once I was playing solo, again having no probs with trash and elites, then the next mini-boss (similar to Drygha) was a PITA again. Now down to T1, I did Lord Wyndmere (sp?) (forget his name) and that was another bullshit fight with respawning trash mobs, 2 mages channeling a shield on the Lord (that respawn) and the Lord would 1 or 2 shot me. I moved on and cleared to Urzael and he was easy compared to the mini-bosses. I was barely hit and never died, killed first try easily.

Methinks some balancing issues need to be taken care of.

Overall, loving the new act and the follower side quests and all the events that were in Westmarch. Wrapped up before starting Blood Marshes and I was lvl 68 already.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Double XP Weekend
55. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 20:59 Krovven

Axis wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 19:36:
All these D3 blips makes me wonder if Blue is now a blizzard employee...

...is an insult you dumb twit. You are calling him a shill.

If you have so much to do with your time, why do you keep posting in D3 threads? No need to answer that rhetorical question...I'm sure you are so very busy.

53. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 18:20 Krovven

Axis wrote on Mar 22, 2014, 15:44:
You guys still talking shit after all this time? All for an innocuous initial comment.

lol talk about pathetic...

And you have 8 posts in a 52 post thread, one of which insulting Blue, about a game you apparently don't care about. This is what's pathetic.

48. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 14:27 Krovven

The timing of RoS kinda sucks for me however. I just started a new job in another town and I move next week. So aside from a few moments here and there I'm going to have to wait until the first week of April to really be able to dive in to RoS.

The plus side is I'll be avoiding the inevitable queues and server blips for the first few days.

47. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 22, 2014, 14:10 Krovven

Axis wrote on Mar 21, 2014:

I couldn't care less, but man it's so obvious which posters do...

Then why are you still here posting crap to something you don't care about?

You are pathetic.

9. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 21, 2014, 22:04 Krovven

PHJF wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 20:24:
There's already way too much XP. Playing through from start to finish on Hard (which let's be honest is really Normal) netted me fifty seven levels.

Ignoring your snide comments, for people that actually like the game...the thing is, Paragon levels no longer have a cap. Once you reach 800, every Paragon level point goes straight into Core stats category. It entirely depends on the player, but I'd say the average player that didn't only just get into the game is sitting somewhere in the 150-250 Paragon range, with plenty of people both above and below those numbers. There is still a long way to go to 800+. Any xp multiplier is a bonus, for both new and existing players.

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos
37. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 21, 2014, 12:32 Krovven

AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 11:01:
Fletch wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 09:00:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 15:05:
We get it - you don't like it. You can just post "I do not like D3" in every thread and we will have your input.

We get it - you like it. You can just post "I like D3" in every thread and we will have your input.

My point was that there was no substance to what he posted, so saying "I do not like D3" was just as meaningful. Typically when I post about the game, I have something concrete to add.

Exactly. And he had nothing concrete to ever add before because as he just admitted he had only just bought the game a week or so ago. Then even now all he could do was gripe about Blizz having a poll on the new skills, because that was somehow a bad thing.

Likewise, even though I don't like PoE, I have made a few comments about it in the last couple years, but I don't repeat myself like a broken record about PoE's problems and praise D3 in every PoE related thread.

News Comments > Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near
20. Re: Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near Mar 21, 2014, 12:22 Krovven

Linksil wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 11:16:
You can't unlock the mystic to mod equipment until you've played through act5 once.

Not accurate. She becomes available during Act 5.

Spoiler text
You first encounter her on the quest Souls of the Dead, in Gideon's Row of Act V after you have killed Drygha. She can be found hiding under a pile of corpses in the same area. She will accompany you for a short while (not fighting) and then will return to the Survivors' Enclave to join your Caravan.

21. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 16:28 Krovven

Verno check my DH, search D3 Bnet for Krovven#1128. I'm using a Grenade build, but I've also gotten a few pieces of decent post patch gear.

The Cindercoat has +18 or 19% Dmg to fire skills, and 23% reduction to the cost of those skills. It was a drop I got while on my wiz, so it doesnt have Dex and only 1 socket but it still is better than my old Inna chest because of the stats. Add in the Grenade passive for more dmg and explosion range and I can spam Grenades for a long time without running out of Hatred. And I use Smoke Screen to avoid Dmg and get out of enemy CC abilities.

19. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 16:06 Krovven

If you think I post nothing but positives maybe you should check the thread about Aus D3 servers from yesterday. I'm sure you already have and are just talking out of your ass as usual.

Aside from that...how is it shocking to you that someone that likes the game posts positive things in threads related to that topic and discusses those things with others that are also enjoying the game? You sure are special if you think this is some sort of abnormality.

Wasting time and energy constantly going out of your way to trash talk things you don't play and don't like, that is social abnormality. Considering you have now admitted to having only just bought and played the game recently, means you spent the last year and a half going out of your way trashing a game you hadn't even played, yet had claimed to. All the while trying to derail those D3 related threads into your praise of PoE because nobody was talking about it in PoE threads. That's just sad.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Mar 20, 2014, 15:50 Krovven

There is a "Force Move" keybind option. I find it hard to play without it as trying to click move during combat (to get out of poop) often doesn't work as you are just clicking on another enemy or a breakable etc.

17. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls New Skill Videos Mar 20, 2014, 15:37 Krovven

Axis wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 14:55:
Hey you like it, fine. But a headline "news" popularity poll on a skill is laughable, and proves how very little there is to talk about with the game.

So if you are fine with other people liking it, and dont like it yourself, then why do you waste so much energy posting shit in practically every D3 related thread? Clearly there is plenty to talk about as D3 topics seem to be quiet popular. However PoE related threads have barely any interest. Maybe you are just butthurt about that?

I'm not a fan of PoE, it's ok, just doesn't do much for me. I have said the same for Torchlight 2 and Grim Dawn. Different strokes for different folks etc. But you don't see me in PoE threads trashing the game at every opportunity. It takes a special person with a bit of a problem to continue to do that month after month after month. And yes I'm calling you special, not in a good way.

News Comments > Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer
53. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 20, 2014, 15:19 Krovven

Travis Day admitting 2h isn't where it should be back in January during RoS beta

Travis Day a week later saying 2h is in a good place.

Community Manager during RoS beta admitting there is a bug and would be fixed before 2.0.1 goes live

Community Manager admitting again some 2h are rolling with 1h Dmg but it didn't make 2.0.1 and should be in for 2.0.2

Fix didn't go in 2.0.2. I can't find it now, but I did read somewhere that it was fixed in 2.0.3 but not in the patch notes. Who knows for sure as Dmg rolls are still low.

Somewhere there is something (maybe it was in a video) where Travis Day said something about 2h being balanced around Crusader using a shield with 2h.

ilvl 63 explanation from 6 days ago.

This makes no sense to me and as others there have gone into, 1h weapons are rolling equal to and above what their ilvl 63 counterparts were before 2.0.1.

Anyways, this problem has existed since RoS beta and they have know about it since then. To me this says that the problem is not fixed at lvl 70 nor do I have reason to trust Blizz knows what they are doing when it comes to this as they have made plenty of errors they were defensive about until the outcry got loud enough for them to do something about it. It was quieter for awhile because they said it was going to be fixed. And that outcry has been growing louder because they have not done anything about it except give excuses.

I really hope I'm wrong and 2h is a viable choice at 70 rather than a niche option for a couple scenarios. It really sucks to keep getting 2h drops and they are all instant brimstones.

News Comments > Immediate Beta Access For Warlock 2 Preorders
1. Re: Immediate Beta Access For Warlock 2 Preorders Mar 20, 2014, 13:49 Krovven

Wow kind of frustrating. I've been looking forward to this game and was going to get it at launch or preorder, but the first game was $20. This is a $30 game and if I want all the DLC I have to pay $50 and get all the extra crap I don't give a shit about.

Guess I'll be waiting for a sale. Congrats on pricing yourself out of a guaranteed sale.

49. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 20, 2014, 12:52 Krovven

AngelicPenguin, it's like talking to a wall with you. I've already said this...Blizz has claimed the 2h rolling as 1h has already been fixed in the last patch. Their current claim on 2h now is that it's because ilvl 63 rolls are no longer available....but I'm wasting my time repeating this to you.

And all Im saying about Orbs (and about the above) is you are wrong. It is possible to replace end game orbs. But you clearly know better than everyone else and you know what they had and what they upgraded with, without having seen it.

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 2014, 12:57.

48. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 20, 2014, 12:33 Krovven

Cram had trouble searching it too. Search in "Online Communities" for "Blues News". English(British).

45. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 20, 2014, 05:29 Krovven

You are comparing apples and oranges. There are new stats and increased stat ranges that make up for the loss of those stats...regarding all items.

Since I need to make myself perfectly clear, 1h Dmg went up, 2h Dmg went down (or arguably stayed the same). Based on the changes to 1h, 2h should have gone up to 1600-1700 for good rolls compared to the increase for 1h at lvl 60.

Life Steal is a non issue. Life Steal is gone, period. It can't roll on anything anymore lvl's 1-70 and for legacy items it's effectiveness will severely diminish from lvl 61-70, being 0 use at lvl 70. Dmg from sources such as Reflect Damage has been reduced to compensate for this change. There is also still Life on Hit and some gained from Paragon points if you choose, which benefits all weapons.

Crit Damage was also a "must have" on weapons to drive up dps, making weapons without it drastically less useful. Now as I've already stated, weapons, specifically 2h without 2 sockets are a problem because of the Crit Dmg gem. Two 1h (or offhand) with sockets is going to be preferable (along with the already obvious higher Dmg rolls) than. 2h with just 1 socket. I have yet to see a 2h roll 2 sockets. And to cover something you said earlier, it's not just personal experience. We get to see what everyone in the clan is getting too.

There are stats that can't roll on various gear slots, for various reasons, with some exceptions when it comes to Legendaries. Crit Dmg is a change along this vein. This is not a case of one set of weapon types getting it while another can. So as I said before and will say till I'm blue in the face, and the facts are out there, 1h Dmg rolls are higher while 2h Dmg rolls did not get the same boost, making them in most (not all) cases inferior to using a 1h, the socket issue makes this worse. Some stat rolls will have an effect, some special abilities on weapons will also effect this. But that is not and never was the debate. The DMG rolls are skewed in favor of 1h currently.

And it does matter now an always will. Not everyone is going to get RoS and will continue to play at lvl 60. There is no reason for 1h to have gotten buffed at lvl 60 while 2h did not. You keep trying to argue this, yet Blizz HAS acknowledged the disparity with 2h but state its where they want it (after claiming there was a bug now fixed supposedly) and Blizz's 3rd and latest attempt at justifying the 2h disparity was due to ilvl 63 items no longer being available at lvl 60. Then why aren't 1h weapons only rolling 850-1000 and instead roll 1250-1450 regularly when ilvl 1h rolled max 1300's and that was very rare? It makes no sense.

Furthermore, as I've already stated, this was a complaint on the RoS beta as well and was pointed out to Blizz a long time ago. They have said they will keep an eye on it (citing 2h with shield) as being their concern. To which I stated before, balancing 2h solely around the Crusaders shield is stupid. Blizz is far from perfect and they have said things were fine one day (Legendary drop rate in RoS beta) and a day or two later changing their mind and "doubling it".

And since you clearly want to be a dick regarding the guy that had two wizards at 60 (point was that's ALL he plays); prepatch one wiz was paragon 100 and the other paragon 85ish. And he took a few months off Live messing with PTR before 2.0 went live. But it doesn't require someone to be knowledgable to grind out Paragon, or to get good gear as it could just be bought with gold or cash. Nor does knowledge have anything have to do with getting gear grade upgrades from pre to post patch. Your e-peen swinging means nothing.

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 2014, 06:05.

42. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 20, 2014, 02:19 Krovven

If someone hasn't already, I will create a community group when I log in, in about 5min.

And done. Search in Online Communities for Blues News and you should find it. Open to public.

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 2014, 02:50.

41. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 20, 2014, 02:18 Krovven

AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 17:32:
Krovven wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 16:45:
That is only somewhat true about the Orbs.

Really depends on the orb you had before. End game 1.08 orb, the only way to really upgrade it now is to get a monster skill % damage on it, else the average damage roll will just cripple you (it's about half what they used to be.)

Trust me - I know wizard
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/GunnersDream-1109/hero/36460162

So do most of the people I play with. The guy I referred to earlier, all he plays is Wizard. He has 2 at 60 and never plays any other class, doesn't even have any other class played on his account. He had all high-end end game gear...he has upgraded his Orb. As with any gear, the better it was prepatch, harder it will be to replace post patch.

Getting back to the whole point...1h got better, 2h got worse, post patch. It's undeniable, the facts are out there.

36. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 19, 2014, 16:45 Krovven

That is only somewhat true about the Orbs. Almost all the people I play with (we are all playing Wizards right now) I'm the only one that hasn't replaced my prepatch orb. Everyone else has and they were upgrades because they were no long tied to the Chantodos set bonus because they upgraded their mainhand. I did get a new Chantodos Will but I'd need a Force to go with it to see if it would be worth it as it wasn't a straight upgrade over my old one. I upgraded my mainhand with a crafted Hallowed Scepter. Only real loss was the Arcane Power on Crit (APOC) which I used prodigy passive to get back arcane in about 1 sec. Krovven#1128 to see what I've got. My Blind Faith helm is my favorite new piece of gear allows me to go pure dps aside from Temporal Flux passive. I'm 432k dps and 900 something toughness. I can go more defense and less dps by swapping runes/passives, but the guy I usually play with is a defensive spec wiz, so he gets up close and personal and I stand back and blast away letting things get blinded and slowed while he tanks and stuns with lightning.

As a side note post patch I found my Doctor to be the hardest to upgrade with new gear as I'm so reliant on the 4 piece Zuni set.

Edit fixing iPhone auto correct bullshit

This comment was edited on Mar 19, 2014, 17:00.

6785 Comments. 340 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo