Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6825 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Falling Skies: The Game Trailer
7. Re: Falling Skies: The Game Trailer Jul 29, 2014, 13:45 Krovven

Terrible writing, mostly horrible acting, and a story that is all over the place and doesn't seem to know where it's trying to get to.

With that said, I haven't missed an episode and I still enjoyed it for the first 3 seasons. This 4th season however has just completely gone off the rails. I'm bored with every episode thus far and they seem to be spinning their wheels...and they have already been picked up for a 5th season.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Two-Handed Weapon Changes
26. Re: Diablo III Two-Handed Weapon Changes Jul 19, 2014, 11:51 Krovven

And for the people that said 2h would be fine at lvl 70 in RoS, when from beta it was already clear they would not; I'll just leave this hear.

I told you so.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth in October
30. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth in October Jul 4, 2014, 01:24 Krovven

Timmeh wrote on Jul 4, 2014, 00:59:
The only way to play a civ game, including civ5.

Well as you can see in the comments, everyone has different preferences and there is no one way to play the game...which is one of the huge benefits of the game.

Personally I prefer playing smaller to mid sized games. Playing on Huge maps with a whole ton of Ai doesn't increase the enjoyment I get out of the game, all it does is make the games last ridiculously longer than they need to (for my tastes).

I also prefer the hex and single unit per tile format. While several comments here seem to indicate that they prefer more units per stack...the biggest problem with that was the "stacks of doom".
I've tried going back to Civ4, I just couldn't do it.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
43. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 29, 2014, 00:31 Krovven

dj LiTh wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 22:03:
Krovven wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 21:23:
WaltC wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 15:26:
Orogogus wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 12:43:
Really? Strange, as in unexpected? In the US 30% of adults say they take the Bible literally, and believe in creationism and an earth that's less than 10,000 years old. Religion is a very influential factor. Would sexual orientation be an issue at all if the churches weren't banging that drum to their devotees?

Gee, guy, take a look at anatomical charts for men and women and study up on how the human race procreates (how you got here, in other words), and you may just discover the reason homosexuality has been a deviant sexual practice in every civilization on earth since the dawn of recorded history. Long before there were churches, etc.

Actually homosexuality and bisexuality was perfectly acceptable during ancient Roman times (there is plenty of art still around as proof).

Homophobia is largely a modern movement fueled by religious nonsense.

It certainly goes back further then Roman times, Greek and Etruscan which that 'Roman' art is probably from. Its clear that WaltC has never picked up a history book.

I wasn't suggesting it didn't. It was an example that is widely known and has facts to back it up.

As for the other comment of where Roman "culture" came from...most civilizations have absorbed culture from various locations. The Roman empire lasted a very long time and it's influence spanned a massive amount of the world. This was not to suggest that the art was specifically Roman, or that homosexuality was specific to the Romans.

Some people just want to argue anything, regardless of it's relevance to the actual topic.

News Comments > Stolen Sniper Elite 3 Keys Banned
35. Re: Stolen Sniper Elite 3 Keys Banned Jun 28, 2014, 22:50 Krovven

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 21:30:
though most CDkey sellers who are legit get them as print card/XLS or boxed retail in bulk(I really wouldn't want to do the input job).

Really? Provide some proof.

Not only does it seem absolutely asinine to spend money on printing codes to a card and shipping those physical objects around the world to legitimate re-sellers and then have them manual enter the codes, that's not my experience from friends that have worked at companies that sold their games on Steam.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
36. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 28, 2014, 21:23 Krovven

WaltC wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 15:26:
Orogogus wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 12:43:
Really? Strange, as in unexpected? In the US 30% of adults say they take the Bible literally, and believe in creationism and an earth that's less than 10,000 years old. Religion is a very influential factor. Would sexual orientation be an issue at all if the churches weren't banging that drum to their devotees?

Gee, guy, take a look at anatomical charts for men and women and study up on how the human race procreates (how you got here, in other words), and you may just discover the reason homosexuality has been a deviant sexual practice in every civilization on earth since the dawn of recorded history. Long before there were churches, etc.

Actually homosexuality and bisexuality was perfectly acceptable during ancient Roman times (there is plenty of art still around as proof).

Homophobia is largely a modern movement fueled by religious nonsense.

30. Re: Stolen Sniper Elite 3 Keys Banned Jun 28, 2014, 21:12 Krovven

While Rebellion has every right to shut down unauthorized resellers from selling keys that were not purchased from Rebellion/Steam, it would have been far better PR just to accept the loss and tighten up their distribution of keys going forward.

CJS seems to think they are entitled to sell CD keys they did not obtain from the source. Newsflash, you are not. Works the same in retail. Companies don't get to go buy goods on the black market and sell them at retail when they do not have a legitimate deal in place with distributors.

28. Re: Stolen Sniper Elite 3 Keys Banned Jun 28, 2014, 21:07 Krovven

It’s rather clear that Rebellion are trying to monopolise the sales of their game, while framing legitimate retailers and claiming the keys as ‘stolen’ to try and cover their tracks.

I can only imagine that whoever wrote this also wears a tinfoil hat.

News Comments > Unreal Tournament Video
6. Re: Unreal Tournament Video Jun 28, 2014, 16:12 Krovven

At one point in time I wanted a proper sequel to the original Unreal campaign, not the crap that was Unreal 2. Now, I'd like to see a reboot/remake of the original Unreal.

This multiplayer game they are making I don't care that much about, but I will probably at least try it.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 18, 2014, 22:38 Krovven

KTR wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 21:03:
Krovven wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 20:46:
They won't be seeing another dime from me anytime soon.

I haven't been following GTA Online since couple months after release, but hasn't the updates so far been free?

I didn't say anything about them charging for updates. Last I checked they were however in the business to make money from games they sell. I had every intention of getting a PC version if/when they released it, and would continue to buy their games...now, not at all. GTA IV PC was crap, No RDR PC, they fucked up the Bully PC port, RDR console post release support was shit and they let cheaters go wild. Pile on all the major fuckups they have had with GTA Online...the left hand clearly doesn't know what the right is doing.

Promising Heists for Online in a trailer that was released a month or two before launch...and we still haven't seen any of them, not even a glimpse. Basically they were advertising a feature they hadn't even begun yet.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 18, 2014, 20:46 Krovven

Fuck Rockstar. GTA V single player was great. Online has it's moments and I played the hell out of it despite a massive amount of problems. These content updates are mostly crap and they have had shit post release support for the game. What happened to the new single player content they promised? They fucked up the Beach Bum event on PS3 and said they would have it again and never did. They let the cheaters run wild and let them keep their shit.

Still No Heists 9 months later after it was a major advertised bullet point? Fuck that. They won't be seeing another dime from me anytime soon.

News Comments > Serious Sam 2 Replaces GameSpy with Steamworks
7. Re: Serious Sam 2 Replaces GameSpy with Steamworks Jun 14, 2014, 01:28 Krovven

Because Gamespay has been shit for at least 10 years. So no love lost from me.

Gamespy the company shit the bed on Gamespy the software long before they sold it off.

Selling lifetime upgrades for the original Gamespy software and then turning around and making new software that had the exact same functionality, selling that and abandoning the old one. I stopped supporting them, when they did that.

News Comments > Dead Island 2 Announced
24. Re: Dead Island 2 Announced Jun 11, 2014, 02:36 Krovven

All those things are true. But it's fun to bash, slice and dice zombies, and this game does that well. With lots of room for improvement. We'll see what they do.

Dying Light has very different gameplay while sharing other similarities with Dead island.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall
73. Re: Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall Jun 11, 2014, 02:25 Krovven

Yosemite Sam wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 23:22:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 16:52:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 16:28:
Remember to join the CREW!

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/bluesnews

JOINING!!!!!

Or you could find a crew to actually play with

I've not seen a single BN crew member in GTA online in 5 months.

I have a few bugs up my butt with GTA Online and Rockstar. First, Hesists. It's been 9 months! It was advertised as a selling point! Still, nothing.

You already know about this. Told you when it happened. But, I was banned from using their Support website, for questioning them why nothing was being done about the cheating in whatever patch it was at the time. Which leads too...

It took them 5 months to finally kill most of the cheating? People got to keep most of what they earned by cheating. Edit: Forgot the best part...It took them several attempts to fix simple things. They did a half assed squashing of that dupe bug (after 8 weeks at this point?), and within minutes people had figured out how to do the same exploit, with a very slight change

The Beach Bum event on PS3 that didn't work, at all. They promised to have that again for PS3, as far as I know they never did. The new missions that were supposed to come with it, didn't work for days after. And during that time, was the last time I played. I had seen all I had to see in-game, through thick and thin, despite all the bugs and cheating. Rockstar failed to deliver on every major post release event and patch in the first 3 months. First they promised to compensate all the problems of the first month with some extra cash. Then they had to delay that several times because they couldn't fix their game.

Did I mention, it's been 9 months and still no Heists? And there isn't even a release date yet. Fuck Rockstar.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2014, 02:38.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Ditches Legendary Crafting Materials
19. Re: Diablo III Patch Ditches Legendary Crafting Materials Jun 11, 2014, 01:57 Krovven

Beamer wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 20:33:
I've been playing this a good amount the past few days, having purchased it over the weekend. I already have two legendary crafting materials. I'm not sure I'm playing the game right, just yet:

- I scrap everything and sell nothing. This feels right, as you get such little money from selling
- That said, I've only crafted one thing. What should I consider for crafting
- Armor # means little, right? I mean, I have a helmet that gives me 30, and another one in inventory that gives 60, which feels huge but the stats show that the benefits of the 30 outweigh that figure, so I've been sticking with the 30

I'm playing on normal. I just got to Leoric's mansion and I haven't died yet. I haven't come close to dying. The only time my health was noticeably low it was due to me standing on lava without realizing it. I'm thinking Normal is too easy, as I'm using absolutely no strategy and having absolutely no challenge.

Basically nothing you do until level 70 means anything, so don't over think it. Set the difficulty up high and try fighting stuff, if you die, turn down the difficulty while in game (press Esc and upper right corner), rinse repeat until you find a comfortable difficulty. It's in your best interest to get to lvl 70 before the end of the campaign, so you may as well get the bonus exp from higher difficulties.

At level 70, you will generally get enough Armor from your gear without having to gear specifically for it. Ideally you want to be level 70 when you kill Malthael, as it's your only guaranteed Legendary drop at level 70. You will also get the Reaper's Wraps Plan. With any luck you will already have the materials needed to craft it. With more luck it will roll close to 20% Elemental Dmg, 500 Mainstat, Crit Chance 6 and one other stat that you can enchant to whatever you need.

Once the story is done, start doing Act 1 Bounty Runs on Normal to get some quick gear and maybe a Ring of Royal Grandeur (reduce set bonus requirement by one. Kill only what's in front of you, kill the bounties as fast as possible, do split bounties in a group on Normal as fast as your gear allows. Use "Bounty Runz" community in the game to get groups. The faster you get the Bounty Caches the better. Once you get some gear and Rift Fragments from bounty runs, you can start doing Rifts. You want to be running Torment 1 Rifts as soon as possible for the Set pieces. By now you should have most of your gear upgraded to lvl 70 Legendaries.

Save gear with elemental dmg and/or special effects, as you never know when you will change builds. My DH has several builds that I use for different purposes and Torment level. I have my Fire/Cluster Arrow build and gear that is good for rifting or split bounty runs in a group up to Torment 4, this set can't really improve much further. Then there is Fire/Strafe (aka: easy mode) build and gear that is good for Torment 1/2 split bounties and for super fast solo Rifts or power leveling someone (one that will improve with with 1 or two other specific items). Then there is the end game Physical Sentry build with Marauder 6pc set, which I just got recently. I can do Torment 6 solo and in a group, but not efficiently yet. I will improve with 4 specific pieces of gear, with a couple possible weapon alternatives that will also require slight build changes.

I've been playing a bit less lately, but have been messing around with other characters as well, all are between Torment 1 to 4 capable, but need lots of specific gear to progress.

From what the devs have learned from the success of RoS, I'm interested to see what the new gear and set bonuses are going to be in the Seasons. There are some gaps, in every classes skillsets, and of course some class sets are very weak and are being changed soon. But with the limitation of the number of class sets, only certain builds have been designed to be viable at Torment 6, with a bit of variation depending on your non set gear.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2014, 02:02.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Trailer; Screenshots
8. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Trailer; Screenshots Jun 9, 2014, 15:12 Krovven

I want to know game modes & features...hotseat, pbem, pitboss?

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Jun 5, 2014, 05:27 Krovven

saluk wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 02:47:
For a counter point, my kit has been a hit at parties and with everyone I've demoed it to; and provided a lot of interesting discussion at work as we noodle about ways it could be used and what we are looking forward to. So, eh. We'll see. Can't wait to try my crystal cove.

Like I said, it's interesting. I doubt you or any of your friends would use it for hours on a daily basis to play games.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Jun 5, 2014, 01:48 Krovven

I find it interesting that all these big names are joining OVR, the value of the company and the product etc, etc....because I don't give a rats ass about VR headsets and I personally don't know anyone that cares either.

I have zero interest in wearing something for gaming on my head for any prolonged period of time. Is it interesting? Sure. Might it have some practical real-world applications? Absolutely. It's never going to be a full time use thing with mass appeal.

News Comments > Tetris Ultimate Announced
4. Re: Tetris Ultimate Announced Jun 4, 2014, 17:25 Krovven

I thought EA owned Tetris?  

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Announced
40. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Announced Jun 2, 2014, 17:40 Krovven

The dialogue in Bulletstorm was on a level for mouth breathing morons to understand. Other than some of the vistas, the game is garbage, top to bottom.

Homefront was decent, but not worth what I paid for it launch day.

Some of the comments along the political nature, just make me laugh. Most of you don't have a clue what you are talking about, or the only thing you can present is the US media version of history. The best comments are from those that think the US is infallible and could never be invaded, ever.

6825 Comments. 342 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo