Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6951 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed
64. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 19:43 Krovven

@Rigs

Anyone that has been gaming for any length of time should be used to delays and cancellations. Play something else in the meantime.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

60. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 18:50 Krovven

Rigs wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 16:15:
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!!!!

You know, I had written this long, cuss-laden diatribe about this delay. How I'd diligently scanned Blues every morning to make sure that those horrible words didn't appear 'GTA5 Delayed' and I almost thought it was really going to release when they said it would! I was so happy. I have the money saved up, I have my PC reformatted, fresh install of Windows 8.1/x64 and I even bought a new office chair for maximum gaming comfort. I was ready. And now, I feel like a fucking idiot. I haven't read the rest of the comments. I can imagine what they say, I really don't want to slog through them. I'm so fucking pissed I could kick a pound full of cute little adorable puppies without the least hesitation right now. I don't care that they released screens and right now, I'm seriously considering not picking up GTA5 on the PC at all. Why? Because *R are fucking assholes. They could have told us this a while ago and didn't for that simple reason - the holidays. The Christmas buying season. I'm sure they got a ton of pre-orders and console sales. Had they announced a delay before the holidays, people would have probably held off on pre-ordering the PC version. Or maybe not. I don't know. I don't fucking care! All I know is that I will NEVER take *R at their word again. EVER. I didn't even have to BUY the game to feel burned. They could have said something a week ago but chose not to and that just says it all. They didn't decide in a WEEK to delay the game two mother-fucking months. I'm sorry, but I'm not a fucking moron. Idiot, yes, moron? No. They knew. They've KNOWN. But they didn't care.

So fuck them! I deleted my PS3 Social account bullshit. I cancelled my pre-order and now I'm gonna wait. Not that they give a fuck. Actions speak louder than words and what they did (or didn't do) speaks VOLUMES to me. In essence, they despise PC gamers. We're the dog shit under their shoe. And, as such, they can go...well, whatever... *sigh*

=-Rigs-=

Someone find this guy his meds!

59. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Delayed to March; Specs Revealed Jan 13, 2015, 18:44 Krovven

Cl1mh4224rd wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 12:25:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 11:10:
According to Blue in the "no delay" thread that no delay announcement was 2 weeks ago...

Rockstar knew it would be delayed two weeks ago, you can bet on that.

I don't mind waiting, but I'm really quite annoyed that they'd have the audacity to deny that the game was being delayed when they knew it was, and even the community was getting suspicious. That seems extremely disrespectful to me.

This is the way Rockstar rolls. I do find them very inconsiderate to their community (except the ones that kiss their ass). I was pissed at them for a long time after all the problems with GTA Online at the start. If it wasn't such a great game, I'd pass. But I can't wait to get my hands on the PC version.

Another 2 months to wait

News Comments > Evolve 4th Monster; DLC; Season Pass Details
17. Re: Evolve 4th Monster; DLC; Season Pass Details Jan 13, 2015, 17:18 Krovven

2K and Turtle Cock can suck it with these prices. $15 for a new monster? Hahahaha. They lost me with a full price of $70 CDN. This just makes it far worse.  

News Comments > Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed
13. Re: Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed Jan 9, 2015, 19:06 Krovven

Lord Tea wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 19:01:
Can anyone give me a hint regarding the DRM they're gonna use on GTA5, except for Steam of course.

I'm really looking forward to playing this monster

Social Club. That's it.

News Comments > Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed
12. Re: Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed Jan 9, 2015, 19:06 Krovven

harlock wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 18:28:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 18:24:
Rhett wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 18:00:
I'm getting a little worried that they haven't absolutely, 100% confirmed the 27th, nor put it up on Steam yet...

It's on Steam

https://steamdb.info/app/271590/

Just not visible to the public via store search but it is on steam actual too

http://store.steampowered.com/app/271590/

There are also people testing the game on PC via Steam right now ,)

its been on steam for months now

Indeed. And it is also searchable. It may not show up in the short list as you type, but type Grand Theft and hit Enter. It's there and has been for months.

Preorder is speculated for next week. As Max Payne 3 went on preorder 2 weeks before release.

News Comments > Dying Light Videos
5. Re: Dying Light Videos Jan 9, 2015, 17:38 Krovven

Releasing the same day as GTA V PC? Bad idea. I will get this down the road on sale, if for no other reason than to play as the zombie.

Live action video...Zombies that can climb buildings (or anything for that matter), jump across window outcrops? Uhhm, no. The parkour might have been interesting if they didn't cut constantly to a new location making it look like he was chaining moves together...when he wasn't.

News Comments > Game Set Between Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Planned
7. Re: Game Set Between Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Planned Jan 9, 2015, 01:55 Krovven

Edit: If you already read my post, disregard. I was looking at the BG3 part of the article.

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2015, 03:44.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Evolve
14. Re: Gone Gold - Evolve Jan 8, 2015, 18:56 Krovven

jdreyer wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 18:14:
Redmask wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 18:04:

I wish them luck but they would have been better off making L4D3.

Loved both L4Ds, but you don't feel the game was pretty much played out? What does it need? New maps & weapons? Better graphics?

Turtle Rock doesn't own L4D anymore. This is a different crew anyways.

L4D3 is rumoured to be in development at Valve. I'll grab it at launch without batting an eye. I loved and played both L4D's (mostly in Versus) for hundreds of hours.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Evolve
11. Re: Gone Gold - Evolve Jan 8, 2015, 18:48 Krovven

$70 CDN? Not a fat fucking chance in hell is that happening.

$70 for an original IP from a new developer? Uhhm no.

Yes it's Turtle Rock, but it's not the old Turtle Rock and is different people. The ones that either didn't want to move to Seattle and work for Valve or that Valve didn't want to keep.

Of course this is just on top the bad word of mouth coming from the beta. Plus I've watched gameplay vids...it looks boring.

Depth on the other hand looks far more entertaining to me but I still haven't pulled the trigger at $16. But that's mostly because GTA V is around the corner and nothing else matters!!!

News Comments > Valve: Steam Machines "Front and Center" at GDC
6. Re: Valve: Steam Machines Jan 8, 2015, 18:26 Krovven

dubfanatic wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 18:14:
"small Steam-capable computers"

The idea of building a high end gaming PC around the Steam OS / Linux hybrid seems like a waste of money.

Maybe they can cut it down to just a game streaming device that's ultra affordable.

Yeah, I just don't see how much of a market there is for high-end living room gaming PCs. Even the home theater PC market is limited to enthusiasts at this point, most of whom probably already have their own custom-built HTPC. Without some substantial value-add I'm not too hopeful for this segment.

You do realize that just because they say "living room" doesn't mean you actually have to use it in the living room.

Hell, my full sized Desktop technically is a living room PC already as that is where my desk is and I have it connected to the TV for when I do want to use it that way. People need to get it out of their head that PC's belong in specific locations or need to be built a certain way to accommodate a specific area.

The main thing about the "Steam Machines" is the free OS. No Windows license to deal with. In the short term, I'm not interested. In the long term, Steam OS may interest me if they can get it more feature complete and I wouldn't feel like I have to dual boot with Windows...at which point I'd just use Windows as I have no problem with the way Steam client currently works.

News Comments > Mad Catz Announces $300 PC/Mobile Controller
2. Re: Mad Catz Announces $300 PC/Mobile Controller Jan 6, 2015, 18:28 Krovven

I want a controller not a transformer. It does look pretty cool though. I'd still never pay $300 for a controller though. If I was gonna do that I would have bought a decent flight stick setup years ago.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
10. Re: Gender Assumptions Dec 29, 2014, 23:44 Krovven

Cutter wrote on Dec 29, 2014, 22:10:
cento wrote on Dec 29, 2014, 21:53:
SHE/HER

The professor is a woman. It strikes me as interesting that the automatic assumption I have seen here and on other pages linking to the story, commenters appeared to be commenting without having read more than the headline and make an automatic assumption that someone with the title of "professor" would by default be male...

It's a fair assumption because most of them are. Just like most chefs are men. There's noting sexist in it as it's a safe assumption and no one is saying women are incapable of being professors so stick that SJW BS up your ass or go be offended with the rest of the clowns on a site like Polygon.

Way to miss the point Cutter. No surprise really. Maybe start reading articles before you post your usual bullshit.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
12. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 27, 2014, 19:53 Krovven

Good for him. Doesn't change he did something illegal. Two wrongs don't make a right. Do I think it's ridiculous that people in any country that commit violent crimes get a lesser sentences than those that commit "digital crimes"? Absolutely.

It also doesn't change that other members of Anonymous have caused millions of dollars in damage to companies small and large around the world. They steal credit card information, people's private details and commit fraud with that information. This ruins innocent people's lives! They do stupid shit like DDoS attacks that disrupts millions of people lives, usually just as a cover while they are or already have broken in and stolen that information. Then they play the political game on social media to claim "it's for the greater good". Simply minded peons like you fall for it hook line and sinker. Why do they do it? For the LULZ.

So fuck them and fuck you.

10. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 27, 2014, 19:34 Krovven

beremot wrote on Dec 27, 2014, 18:48:
Truth is some--I would say most--of what they do is very good.

LOL! You've got a tin foil hat too I suppose?

Stealing people's private information, selling it, exploiting it and doing it all over again with every company they can is not doing anyone a service except their own pockets. But I guess the "good" they supposedly do is just misunderstood by the rest of the world? They keep being arrested and jailed around the world, but I suppose this is just "the man" bringing the righteous saviors down?

8. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 27, 2014, 18:35 Krovven

Kosumo wrote on Dec 27, 2014, 16:51:
Don't forget everyone, that it was totally "'North Korea'" behind those Sony hacks right. We should all goto war over that right now, all the proof I needed was for the US to tell me it was them and tell me they have proof, I don't need to know what that proof is.

Kosumo, what do you think the US or even Sony (Japanese company) has to gain by lying about who hacked Sony? You really think wannabe hackers in their moms basement gives a shit about the content and subject matter of The Interview to make terrorist threats and demand edits? It takes a special kind of lunacy to do go that far. North Korea has displayed plenty of that lunacy over the years.

If anything the US have avoided confrontation with North Korea. Mainly because nobody gives a shit because they don't need anything from them. North Korea act like idiots and won't even talk to anyone else, so the UN imposes sanctions on them and they continue to demonstrate that they aren't capable of moving on from the past quarrels. North Korea have been the aggressors towards the US (and other countries in the world). They even went as far as re-declaring war on South Korea in recent years.

How about those ridiculously campy anti-US propaganda videos that use fictional materials from American pop culture? When the Kim family grows up a little bit and pulls the pacifier out of Kim Jong Un's ass, then maybe they can join the rest of the world in corrupt business deals and greased palm politics.

4. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 27, 2014, 15:22 Krovven

You mean the same Anonymous that took down Sony several times before? Yea they are bastions of morality.

Only stupid fucking idiot scrubs would think one is better than the other. Oh wait look who I'm talking too....

News Comments > Christmas Consolidation
14. Re: Christmas Consolidation Dec 27, 2014, 00:04 Krovven

TheEmissary wrote on Dec 26, 2014, 20:34:
They really shouldn't be using third party sites to release information when the first places people will be likely looking for this information are their official status pages.

Think about how that would work for a minute....figure it out yet? How would they post information on their official websites when THEIR FUCKING SITES ARE DOWN? /facepalm

For thousands of companies, communicating to their customers via Twitter or Facebook is the norm now because they can reach a wider audience via retweets and wall posts from those users. Where have you been for the last 5+ years?

The threats were made as much as a month ago and continued throughout the month. BBC has even apparently interviewed some of the assholes that did it. They did it because they can. Sony don't need to be forthcoming about anything other than what they have done. Services are down and they are working on it. In fact they can't be any more forthcoming than that, as standard procedure for any company worth their salt is to not elaborate on those details as
an investigation would be ongoing and likely the FBI and other agencies will be involved.

News Comments > Christmas Consolidation
12. Re: Christmas Consolidation Dec 26, 2014, 18:28 Krovven

TheEmissary wrote on Dec 26, 2014, 12:01:
Krovven wrote on Dec 26, 2014, 10:54:
TheEmissary wrote on Dec 26, 2014, 10:24:
I wonder how MS and Sony are going to make this right for people. The outages kind of ruined the gift experience for people getting those systems or games. Its going to leave a bitter taste and possibly some screaming kids. Sigh, why do people get off on DDOS?

They don't owe anyone anything. Douchebags that think they are owed something obviously don't comprehend that there is only so much companies can do to defend against DDoS attacks. You want to point a finger? Point it at the low life little shits that deserve a severe beating for pressing a button and then act like they are doing the world of favor.

They need to be more forthcoming with what is going on. The networks are still down to the point where you can't even play the games properly. I am not expecting free DLC or a game out of this but I want to see an actual acknowledgement of the problems and how they plan to address it in the future. As of right it feels like they are burying their head in the sand and hoping the problems go away and frankly that is unacceptable.

I understand they are being DDOS'd but some responsibility has to fall on MS and Sony for not having a robust enough infrastructure to handle the Christmas pressure and DDOS'ing. They already went through this in August and they still learned nothing.

Not sure what you expect from them. They have communicated on Twitter. There are numerous reporting of this on the usual gaming sites. It's not a secret they are trying to keep from you.

So you know what they can do to defend against DDoS attacks? Sony, MS and a ton of other companies around the world would love to know what you apparently know and nobody else has figured out.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Dec 26, 2014, 10:57 Krovven

I'd prefer they actually used game design instead of social media bullshit (look at me I'm popular cus Facebook and Twitter says so) for people to earn keys in-game.

6951 Comments. 348 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo