Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 7408 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > No Man's Sky Gameplay Video
37. Re: No Man's Sky Gameplay Video Jul 7, 2015, 18:49 Krovven

I haven't been following this that closely, so can someone answer something?

He said you get to name stuff and it's forever that way for everyone...does that mean for other players too? Like am I going to start seeing everything named after cock and balls as I go exploring?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Witcher 3 Inventory Patch This Week
23. Re: Witcher 3 Inventory Patch This Week Jul 7, 2015, 15:54 Krovven

Verno wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 08:40:
About time, the UI and inventory stuff was definitely the low point of this game.

That Mutagen error you posted about before...has that been fixed already? I haven't played in awhile after deciding to wait for more of the free DLC and more patches to come out. After reading that bug introduced in a patch, I kept waiting.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jul 6, 2015, 18:00 Krovven

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 17:37:
Rumors are he had to quit because of political infighting within Syriza, as a causality of politics, and not because of external pressure

Sounds like what he says on his blog. If a Prime Minister doesn't want the economist brought in to save his country at the pertinent meetings, it's political. Prime Minister obviously has another agenda, so why stick around?

News Comments > Witcher 3 Inventory Patch This Week
3. Re: Witcher 3 Inventory Patch This Week Jul 6, 2015, 17:49 Krovven

Yay. I've been waiting for a beefier patch before I resume playing.

Also addicted to Arkham Knight and moreso World of Warships with a splattering of Armored Warfare, so take your time CD Projeckt.

News Comments > Op Ed
70. removed Jul 5, 2015, 16:42 Krovven

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 6, 2015, 07:07.

News Comments > Op Ed
68. removed Jul 5, 2015, 15:35 Krovven

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 5, 2015, 16:12.

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Op Ed Jul 4, 2015, 23:19 Krovven

Dreagon wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 19:57:
After all these years I find myself in the astonishing position of logging on just to agree with Derek Smart

*cue apocalypse*

Well I'd say he is just agreeing with what a lot of us have been saying for awhile now. He just happens to be a relatively well known programmer known for going against what everyone else says.

I'm not going to read the whole article, so I'd be willing to bet there is some classic Derek Smart ego in that essay.

News Comments > World of Warships Open Beta
15. Re: World of Warships Open Beta Jul 3, 2015, 03:13 Krovven

Just wanted to add something about the Atlanta, it's currently removed from the game. I'm sure it will be back soon as an overpriced Premium ship only available from the cash store =P

InBlack wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 02:32:
So....Youve convinced me to give it a go. Just to see what the gameplay is all about. Last time round (with WOT) I went with the wrong tree. Since there is no Soviet tree in this game, which tree should I try first and what class?

Had a quick looksee at the tech trees....Japan has battleships, the US has carriers?

Both nations have Destroyers, Cruisers, Battleships and Carriers.

You can't just jump to a Carrier or Battleship, you need to go through the first few tiers first.

Cruisers are the work-horse of the game and recommended for new players starting out. Most have mid to long range artillery fire. All IJN cruisers from tier 3 up to tier 10 have torps, but US cruisers don't get torps except the Phoenix and Omaha. Some have better AA than others and those should try and stick around the Battleships and Carriers to protect them.

Destroyers are for up close fun. Make use of the islands and your low detection range to spot and drop torpedoes. US ships have short range (4.5-6km) torpedoes that don't do a ton of dmg, but have fast reload. IJN's have long range torpedoes (8-10km) that do a lot of dmg, but slow reload. Both can drop smoke for cover.

Battleships are big, slow, slow aiming but do a lot of dmg and can receive a lot of damage.

Carriers play like a RTS. You move your ship around in auto-pilot mode (aka top view of the map) and then micro-manage your planes. Not really my thing and I didn't enjoy the 2 I tried in the closed beta.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Jul 2, 2015, 23:14 Krovven

Dacron wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 21:46:
Krovven wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 14:59:
It shouldn't matter, but had your purchased the taxi company yet?

It didn't work before, and when I bought it they still wouldn't. So every cab driver I seen on ps3 got executed, the racist pricks.

On PC I haven't bought it yet, and they answer second ring. Mind you, I did play ps3 the first week, so it may have been a bug.

I haven't tried to use them extensively, but when I have tried, it's worked. Really the only time I've used them was when I didn't want to steal a crappy car just to drive back to my own car.

13. Re: World of Warships Open Beta Jul 2, 2015, 21:41 Krovven

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 17:53:
1badmf wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 17:27:
st louis is a little OP man. irritates the fuck outta me when i have to go up against one in one of my battleships. HE does way too much damage against armored targets and its rate of fire is ridic.
Yeah I agree HE is a bit too much with the fires. Judging by the whining on the forum I think they will nerf that in the future. They've nerfed it a few times since the 4.0 patch which introduced this insane fire starting properties of HE.
Before that everyone was using AP always against any ships.

By the way if StLouis irritates you in your Battleship, wait until you see the high tier US cruisers like the Phoenix or the Atlanta. Those things rain fire on you. The Atlanta can pretty much continuasly fire it looks like raining bullets.

We'll see. They did just nerf it recently and apparently fixed a bug (or a fix is coming) that is causing ships to catch fire more often than they should. The fire issue was brought in version .3 something when they were trying to fix everyone from spamming AP prior to that (before I started playing). They toned down HE dmg a little since then. The "bug" they have talked about though I believe is what you are referring to that was brought in .4 that they have or will have a fix in place soon.

Regarding ships like the St. Louis and Atlanta...2 or 3 good shots from a Battleship sinks them and if it didn't they are on fire, various modules destroyed, can't turn or move and quite possibly have had several of their arty guns destroyed as well. There is also a high chance of being destroyed with one shot from a Battleship to the Citadel.

But 1 on 1 versus a Battleship it will take 30, 40, maybe 50 hits from a St. Louis if you factor in that fire damage, less from an Atlanta before sinking. St. Louis are very slow and easy targets...nevermind that all Battleships out-range the St. Louis.

If I'm in range of your BB, you are shooting someone else and not turning your guns to deal with me...then damn right I'm going to pepper your Battleship as long as I can. Because the moment you decide I'm worth shooting at, I need to find cover.

Battleships SHOULD be scared shitless of enemy cruisers, hence why they should have a friendly cruiser guarding them. This obviously is not going to happen often unless you are in a Division. So, in random battles, keep your Battleship behind your friendly cruisers at all times.

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 2015, 21:50.

12. Re: World of Warships Open Beta Jul 2, 2015, 21:28 Krovven

1badmf wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 17:27:
st louis is a little OP man. irritates the fuck outta me when i have to go up against one in one of my battleships. HE does way too much damage against armored targets and its rate of fire is ridic.

I love the St. Louis for this very reason

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Jul 2, 2015, 14:59 Krovven

Dacron wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 12:26:
harlock wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 10:49:
are you people not aware of taxis in GTA? you can fast travel anywhere, even works during most missions

i always use that shit

On ps3, as Franklin (The black guy) taxis wouldn't even answer their phone. Seriously it just rang forever. Damn racists.

Fixed on ps4 though, riding in somebody elses death trap! Awesome when the taxi is faster vs supercars in real time.

It shouldn't matter, but had your purchased the taxi company yet?

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Jul 2, 2015, 14:17 Krovven

Some of the best content are the side missions, freaks & geeks, random meetings, etc in GTA V. So not sure what people are going on about with comments that there are no side-missions.

9. Re: World of Warships Open Beta Jul 2, 2015, 13:44 Krovven

Dacron wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 11:57:
Been enjoying this for the past few days, fairly pretty, decent sound and good gameplay. Terrible teammates can ruin your day, but overall it is very fun. Very satisfying to watch your initial salvo hit a fast moving target at 10kms.

Feels like a WoT grind... get tier 2-3 in several games, and slows down. But with the quality of teammates it is a good thing, that way they learn (or quit) and stop dragging you down (not that I'm good or anything) as players get better in higher tiers.

This. These games shouldn't be about getting to tier 10. The highest tier in WoT I have is tier 8 and I could buy a tier 9 today if I wanted, but I prefer the tier 5-8 games.

Warships is a lot of fun but won't appeal to everyone. I'm in no hurry to go up the trees. Having played up to tier 7 in beta, the tier 2 Sampson and tier 3 St Louis are two of my favorite ships.

These games need to be played because you like the gameplay, not because you want to race to tier 10.

News Comments > Valve on Steam Scams
33. Re: Valve on Steam Scams Jul 1, 2015, 18:39 Krovven

Sepharo wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 23:45:

You're still missing the point, he was referring to the sustainability of repeatedly cheating in a game by abusing the refund system. The people who got refunds on Arkham weren't abusing the system.

I'm not missing the point at all, but you seem to be missing mine. Yes, what was specifically being discussed was cheating by repeatedly using refunds. As I've already stated, cheating this way is a symptom of another problem. A problem that is not going to go away. A problem that will be abused and will continually be tested and taken advantage of as long as it exists.

You can discuss the impact of the problem with relation to cheating all you like. That doesn't change that it's not the core of the problem.

How do you know they weren't abusing the system? If you looked on the forums, there were people admitting they were doing exactly that. Buy, bad review, refund, buy, bad review refund, etc. Assholes were testing the new system and abusing it any way they could. I'm not sure why you think this isn't the case.

You really think that all the refunds and bad reviews were all from legitimate people with legitimate complaints? That's just naive considering how long you've been around Steam and seen what people do to game the system any way they can, especially when it comes to new features. This isn't the first, nor the last game to get review bombed on Steam. Now people can just do it more than once. Again, there is no dispute on this...people posted that they were doing exactly this.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Bonus Cash & RP
2. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Bonus Cash & RP Jul 1, 2015, 18:20 Krovven

Rhett wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 17:20:
Yes, double money in what will soon be filled with cheaters trying to get lulz. How about double money for missions?

They've been doing this since the last-gen console launches too. They only ever seem to do 2x GTA$ on Playlists. It's like their way of getting people to try and play the other game modes that nobody really wants to play. Or they know few will do it, therefore less money is coming into the game.

Double RP is completely pointless to players like me that are over Rank 120. RP means nothing after 120 (Gat Gun unlock).

To my knowledge they haven't done another patch for PC since the one shortly after release. Rather disappointed by this. Beginning to think that they think things are good enough and have moved on.

News Comments > Kotaku Sources: WBIE Knew of Batman: Arkham Knight Problems
15. Re: Kotaku Sources: WBIE Knew of Batman: Arkham Knight Problems Jul 1, 2015, 15:30 Krovven

jdreyer wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 14:35:
Cutter wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 14:21:
The Half Elf wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 13:16:
Creston wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 12:55:
Well DUH.

Stop preordering shit.

Typically I would agree with you Creston, but WBIE and Rocksteady's track record was pretty damn good up till this point.

Rocksteady yes, WBIE no. While Ark City wasn't as bad as this, it was still plenty bad and that too was WBIE's fault. It still boggles the mind in this day and age that there are suits stupid enough to think that pushing a game out the door to save a few bucks on QA is going to save them money in the long run. Boggles...the...mind.

It's almost never the fault of not enough QA. QA finds the bugs are reports them, but the decision is made not to fix them before the launch. They either want to use the devs to add new features, or haven't hired enough devs to fix enough bugs in time and don't want to push the date.

This. I worked QA almost 20 years ago for EA. Not much has changed since then. Games still shipped even back then with hundreds if not thousands of known bugs. Developers frequently liked to blame debug code on the problems, which almost never turned out to be accurate.

However, we had our own in-house QA Tech department that did all their own hardware configuration testing...and they were damn good. No clue if they still have that though.

News Comments > Valve on Steam Scams
31. Re: Valve on Steam Scams Jun 30, 2015, 23:38 Krovven

Sepharo wrote on Jun 28, 2015, 15:28:
We were talking about the refund policy possibly increasing the amount/rate of cheaters in multiplayer games. You jumped in and disagreed with nothing to add other than essentially "you're wrong" and then said, "It's the main reason Arkham Knight was removed". Even if we disregard that the conversation was about using the grace period to cheat in games repeatedly, the main reason that Akrham Knight was removed wasn't people cycling refunds... it was people getting a refund plain and simple, and they got refunds because of technical issues they were having with the game or being dissatisfied with it within the first 2 weeks or first 2 hours of play.

Not sure what bug got in your bonnet with this. The only thing that I disagreed with is it not being sustainable. The people that will do it, will find a way and cited the Arkham situation as an example. Really not sure what you are arguing.

This comment was edited on Jul 1, 2015, 18:39.

News Comments > World of Warships Bundle Resolution
2. Re: World of Warships Bundle Resolution Jun 30, 2015, 20:46 Krovven

It really is dumbfounding how long it took them to make this right. But I am glad they did because I was beginning to think it was a lost cause.

The lag this week following the release of .4 has been brutal (only played briefly the first day due to this) and considering it was now permanently using people Premium time now the final wipe occurred...and they were doing a "load test" on the servers....like WTF? Wargaming is definitely not a consumer friendly company.
I've submitted a ticket about this (to get 5 days Premium back), but I don't expect anything to come of it.

I've got my preorder bundle, I've got my E3 bundle so I finally played today. The server has been mostly lag free (for me) and I'm already have many good games under my belt and a 6972% win rate to try and nurture as long as I can

This comment was edited on Jun 30, 2015, 21:16.

7408 Comments. 371 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo