Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 7345 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Video
28. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Video Jun 21, 2015, 19:26 Krovven

Jerykk wrote on Jun 20, 2015, 06:59:
As far XP goes that's simply not true. You got xp for sneaking around and finding non-aggressive alternate routes.

The problem is that certain actions rewarded more XP than others. For example, non-lethal takedowns offered more XP than lethal takedowns. You also got more XP for being stealthy than for running and gunning. Finally, you got XP for hacking, even if you already knew the keycode. The end result? The optimal playstyle was the stealthy, non-lethal ninja hacker. True ghosting (sneaking around undetected and without neutralizing anyone) wasn't rewarded at all.

The original DX handled XP rewards better. You got XP for completing quests and exploring. That's it. No one playstyle was encouraged over another. I was hoping they'd do the same for DX:MD but it looks like that isn't the case.

That may have been most optimal...but stealth isn't about being optimal is it? If you were playing a purely stealth game you didn't need as much xp because you didn't need as many skills. You would skip all the combat skills an unless you wanted to make things really easy you'd skip the perks that told you were all the enemies were and where they were looking.

Point being there was no xp barrier to playing stealth. There was plenty xp to go around.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tale of Tales Closing
4. Re: Tale of Tales Closing Jun 21, 2015, 16:16 Krovven

You made a point and click adventure game. What did you expect?

You tried to make a "game for gamers". So in this research you said you did; it told you that people would want a game where you play a housekeeper set in 1972 and the entire premise is "Who is this guy I work for?"? According the SteamSpy stats, if you had turned it into an RPG, it would have done much better.

I'm sorry for their lack of success. But I'm also very happy that the bubble is finally bursting. Seems Early Access and the hoards of trash indie games (not saying Sunset is one) on Steam are finally getting some bad press and pushback from the consumers. The upcoming and new releases nowadays on Steam just looks like a list of indie crap that nobody wants.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Gameplay Video
16. Re: Just Cause 3 Gameplay Video Jun 20, 2015, 23:36 Krovven

Fantaz wrote on Jun 20, 2015, 22:32:
wow, looks much better. why play GTA when you can play this?

Because there is no multiplayer in JC3. Play them both?

Wing suit looks great and glad to hear about the changes to calling in vehicles and equipment and the loss of the annoying cutscenes. In JC2 I had modded the parachute to have the rockets on full time so I could just cruise around without having to keep using the grapple for momentum. The wingsuit seems to be an even better solution to that.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jun 20, 2015, 16:50 Krovven

Quinn wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 20:04:
Pre-ordered Arkham Tanks for 21 dollars at g2a.com. Anticipated title even with the vehicle crap.

I did too...when do we get the key? No mention of it anywhere that I can find.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Video
26. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Video Jun 20, 2015, 02:39 Krovven

Squirmer wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 01:45:
Looks like still has the same problems as HR, like giving XP for every little thing you do. You get 10-20xp for each enemy you KO/kill, but if you ghost past them presumably you get nothing. Not surprising, since their definition of ghosting is KOing every enemy.

And the hacking minigame is back, so I guess half of all the augs will be devoted to that again.

As far XP goes that's simply not true. You got xp for sneaking around and finding non-aggressive alternate routes.

And to the post that said this wouldn't have sold without the Dues Ex name...bullshit. The last Deus Ex before it was crap and failed miserably. The IP was considered dead until HR came out. When it did come out everyone, at least around here, were initially cautious about the game until word of mouth began to spread that it was actually a good game.

News Comments > Arma III Tanoa Expansion
7. Re: Arma III Tanoa Expansion Jun 17, 2015, 16:56 Krovven

Strango wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 16:42:
Krovven wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 15:34:
Maybe they should focus on fixing listen servers which they apparently broke with the switch from Gamespy to Steam. A friend finally bought me Arma 3 so we could play coop. And we still haven't played it because we can't see or connect to each others game. We've opened up all the ports and still nothing. Wasted money.

It doesn't change the fact they need to fix your issue, but have you tried using a dedicated server hosted on the machine of whomever was hosting the listen server? Both of you will still be able to connect to the dedicated server. In fact it should even run better as you can put the dedicated server on a CPU core that isn't really being utilized by the client ArmA.

That's the next step. My buddy said a couple weeks ago he had an extra machine doing nothing, so after the last time we tried connecting and failing he said he'd mess with it.

But really we shouldn't have to do that just to play the odd coop mission.

I should also mention that in searching for solutions to the problem, Bohemia posted in their forums over a year ago that they were "working on it" and still haven't fixed it.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
16. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 17, 2015, 16:18 Krovven

Darks wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 09:35:
InBlack wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 09:26:
Didn't that asswipe Bleszinski retire from ANY and ALL game development a couple of years ago?? He should stick with that.

Yes he did, he went ass head over heels about PC gaming and piracy and how he would never make another game for the PC after the first Gears of War because people were bitching about the issues it had on release for the PC. So he got all ass hurt and went off on the community.

Which is why we never saw another GOW on the PC after that. and why I hate that bastard.

Actually I'm pretty sure that was Mark Rein that made those comments, not Bleszinski. I could very well be mistaken, or both said similar things. I've never liked CliffyB, but he doesn't seem to be acting like the douche he was at Epic. Not really interested in yet another F2P multiplayer first person shooter however.

News Comments > Take on Mars Beta This Summer
6. Re: Take on Mars Beta This Summer Jun 17, 2015, 15:57 Krovven

Bohemia seriously needs to hire new animators.

The walking animation of the astronaut was brutally bad. Kinda looked like a Teletubby.

News Comments > Free StarCraft II: Whispers of Oblivion Announced
8. Re: Free StarCraft II: Whispers of Oblivion Announced Jun 17, 2015, 15:54 Krovven

It's just easier to ignore the idiots and trolls.

While I haven't finished Heart of the Storm, it was only due me losing interest in fast paced RTS and having to learn more units. The production value of each game has been amazing and easily worth the price and I have zero interest in the MP game. One of these days I'll finish it and I'll be getting Legacy of the Void.

News Comments > Arma III Tanoa Expansion
5. Re: Arma III Tanoa Expansion Jun 17, 2015, 15:34 Krovven

Maybe they should focus on fixing listen servers which they apparently broke with the switch from Gamespy to Steam. A friend finally bought me Arma 3 so we could play coop. And we still haven't played it because we can't see or connect to each others game. We've opened up all the ports and still nothing. Wasted money.

News Comments > Steam Passes 10M Concurrent Users
21. Re: Steam Passes 10M Concurrent Users Jun 16, 2015, 04:19 Krovven

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 02:23:
If you're under Steam level 8, you don't get cards from playing the Monster Summer game.

People that are doing this to game the system have sufficient resources to get a few levels on the accounts, if they didn't already. It's not like this is new to the Monster game. As I said below, games sometimes sell for less than the cards are worth.

I'm not saying there isn't natural market growth on Steam. I'm saying it's not all natural and there is one reason, the Marketplace.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jun 16, 2015, 01:01 Krovven

Believe it when I see it. Approaching two years later and it's not like they have made good on promises or made any headway on dealing with cheaters.

19. Re: Steam Passes 10M Concurrent Users Jun 16, 2015, 00:41 Krovven

Esoteric wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 21:21:
Krovven wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 19:28:
I simply can't take Steam's rapid growth in the last year or so seriously. How many of the accounts are 2nd, 3rd, 4th (or more) accounts for one person to farm cards in these ARG games to sell for free money?

Huh? What do you mean? You can't get cards in F2P games without spending 10 bucks in them first.

I didn't say anything about f2p games. Open 10 accounts, have them all macro'd to play the stupid Monster game...get cards. Sell, free money. This wouldn't be the first ARG that has been manipulated in such a way either. Think it was the Xmas sale where shit was so bad with the new gem system they had to shut it down the first day and make changes because people were manipulating the system to get 100's of thousands of gems to get free games.

As for kids joining enmasse, highly doubt it. Not at the rate Steam has been growing. Just because one person the other day posted that some kids at a park said they were playing ARK on Steam doesn't mean they are flooding to Steam all of a sudden.

Unfortunately we'll never know the truth one way or another.

Some games when they go on sale are cheaper than their cards are worth on the Marketplace. There are several ways people are making money off Steam. This leads to artificial growth.

Looking at Steam user growth graphs, hard to deny there has been a much sharper spike in growth since the introduction of the Marketplace compared to the rate of growth before that.

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 2015, 01:22.

16. Re: Steam Passes 10M Concurrent Users Jun 15, 2015, 19:28 Krovven

I simply can't take Steam's rapid growth in the last year or so seriously. How many of the accounts are 2nd, 3rd, 4th (or more) accounts for one person to farm cards in these ARG games to sell for free money?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 14, 2015, 17:01 Krovven

Steam Community is still available for Darkbase 01 http://steamcommunity.com/app/358480

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 14, 2015, 16:50 Krovven

I picked up Metro Redux Bundle and happy I did. I never did finish Metro 2033 because of several factors, ran like crap and was jittery, lighting was horrible and made it hard to see anything, animations were often jarring, etc.

I played through almost half of 2033 just last night and I didn't want to stop. Sun had already been up an hour when I forced myself to turn it off and goto bed.

Find a comparison video to see the differences.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2015, 01:58 Krovven

A few years ago I bought a multi tool that I just keep in the driver use door panel. Mainly bought it because I had moved to an area with a lot of water with narrow dark roads. Has a tip for breaking glass, a cutter for cutting the seat belt and a flashlight and strobe. $10  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
35. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 12, 2015, 07:16 Krovven

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 06:42:
Krovven wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 06:29:

Except, nobody is going to see it that way even if you were right about the prices.

The bundles are entered as separate products in Steam which allows them to set a higher price point and therefore not illegal.

Actually Bestbuy here in Canada were slapped with a fine a few years ago for doing exactly that. It was bundling extras into other things, just like this. There have also been clothing stores that did the same thing, and were slapped with fines for doing it.

As for where I got it? Those would have been the prices that I saw previous to pre-post summer sale. I'm also in Canada.

Yet, I'm telling you, your "pre-post summer sale" prices are wrong It was never $59.99 in Canada on Steam. Never. You also said it was now $79.99, which you just pulled out of your ass as it doesn't exist. Nothing on Steam for GTA in Canada is listed at that price.

From my Steam email receipt purchased January 16, 2015:

Grand Theft Auto V Pre-Purchase (Tier 1) 69.99 CAD

Which I'll state again, makes your argument pointless as the sale prices are still below retail and the price was never raised to begin with.

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 2015, 07:22.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
33. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2015, 06:29 Krovven

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 04:11:
jacobvandy wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 04:01:
It's illegal to give away free stuff in Canada? That seems to contradict some of the things I've heard.
The price previously was $59.99, the price was raised to $79.99, then it was stated that "free items" were given away at the higher price, with the discounted price being exactly the same as the previous list price. This falls under materially false, and misleading representation of the sale price. Thus illegal, under canadian law.

Except, nobody is going to see it that way even if you were right about the prices.

The bundles are entered as separate products in Steam which allows them to set a higher price point and therefore not illegal.

But none of that matters because you aren't correct about the original price anyways. The price was not $59.99, it was and has always been $69.99 on Steam for Canadians. I would know, that's what I paid to preorder. The price for the stand-alone game is still $69.99 right now. Not sure where you are getting the $79.99 number from as all of the bundles are $90-$96 regular price.

All of the bundle sale prices fall below that $69.99 at $67.48, $67.88 and $68.98. So no matter how you look at it, the game is on sale (as long as you buy it in one of the bundles).

As for the bundles, all they are really doing is offering up bundles equaling roughly the same value as the original pre-order. It's not much of a deal, but better than has been offered since release if you didn't pre-order.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
8. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 12, 2015, 02:28 Krovven

harlock wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 17:53:
its too bad the stargate ip vanished down the rabbit hole

It hasn't vanished. They are working on a new movie right now. Emmerich is directing and rebooting his own IP.

Last I heard, the writers of Independence Day 2 were on tap to write Stargate too.

7345 Comments. 368 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo