Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 7594 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > No Man's Sky in June
2. Re: No Man's Sky in June Oct 27, 2015, 15:59 Krovven

Main thing working against them right now is the lack of gameplay. Yes, you can go from planet to planet naming things and collecting materials...it's all very cool. What else do you do? If that's all there is, that's not much.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Another Steam User Record
31. Re: Another Steam User Record Oct 26, 2015, 18:18 Krovven

Orogogus wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 17:14:
Krovven wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 16:03:
Can't say I've had these problems. What do you mean by authentication breaks all the time? Steam isn't slow or unresponsive for me, quite the opposite.

It happens to me. I think I was going through my inventory last night and every few pages it would get logged out and ask me to enter my username and password again.

One error I'm surprised is still around is when you get a notification that you have a new inventory item, click it to go to inventory, and for some reason the link for the first new item fails and you can't click on it. The second, third, etc. items all work, but the first item just refuses to focus when you click on it. I keep thinking, surely if these guys use their own product then someone's going to see this and fix it, right? But no.

I don't get what you are describing. Based on you saying you get randomly logged out all the time...I'd say there is an issue with your connection somewhere between you and the Steam servers. Could be settings at your ISP, could be a faulty modem/router, or could just be a bad node somewhere.

News Comments > Another Steam User Record
21. Re: Another Steam User Record Oct 26, 2015, 16:03 Krovven

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 15:42:
I'm amazed at how bad the Steam app performs after all of these years. The app still has huge issues refreshing data in the views, responsiveness is terrible, authentication breaks all the time, etc.

The steam app is just a glorified web app that can manage installations and a streaming server. I think a web app is the right way to go, but it's just implemented poorly. They should be using a reactive interface that handles state change better. It also looks like the app's caching isn't great because it takes too goddam long for content to refresh.

Anyway, I still use the hell out of Steam. I follow many forums and engage quite a bit, but it's a terrible web app. Even the new iOS release is just horrible. Valve has this internal structure where the employees to whatever the hell they want... I can't believe no one with any ability has taking up the charge to modernize this POS app.

Can't say I've had these problems. What do you mean by authentication breaks all the time? Steam isn't slow or unresponsive for me, quite the opposite.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday
3. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 25, 2015, 16:09 Krovven

Goods news, for those that don't have the Seasons Pass already, based on the majority of feedback the DLC is all trash.

I grabbed the Harley Quinn story pack last night for .36 on g2a. I'll wait to get the rest of the DLC when it hits a similar price.

Here's hoping the new patch fixes the last major performance issue (60fps down to 30fps) while doing hard turns in the Batmobile with enhanced rain & interactive smoke on.

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
24. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Oct 24, 2015, 22:46 Krovven

DangerDog wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 20:02:
Nucas wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 19:06:
Lorcin wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 18:52:
loomy wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 18:35:
both games are utterly incomplete

Nah elite delivered what it promised - an updated version of the classic. It even tacked on some multiplayer.

In terms of Elite vs Elite Dangerous it's a huge leap forward and a complete update of the original game.

Unfortunately gamers expect way more these days - but ED did deliver what was promised for me.

all i expected was what they said they would deliver during the kickstarter: a campaign. that was all i wanted. then they announced ONE MONTH before shipping that the plans were scrapped. i then collected my refund and moved on.

I don't remember that, wast it some sort of stretch goal? I must have backed it before that came up.

Offline single player was in the pitch or added as a stretch goal. It was scrapped last year and they offered refunds I think.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
7. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 24, 2015, 16:22 Krovven

So basically Microsoft is only interested in releasing sales data when they were winning. So sad.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches
23. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launches Oct 23, 2015, 15:19 Krovven

El Pit wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 10:21:
ArenaNet: "Thank you, Guild Wars 2 veterans for your money when you bought the base game! And here is our middle finger to you! We'll give the base game FOR FREE to our new fans! And we won't even offer a rebate on the expansion to our veterans. How do you like that?"

Me: "Easy. I won't buy your expansions. How do you like that?"

You realize that the base FREE game has limitations, right? To get rid of those limitations people need to buy the expansion...or buy the base game (but that would be a waste).

Do you not want them to attract more people that might not have otherwised purchased?

After it went free, I gave the game a shot and considered buying Heart of Thorns. I may still, but not sure I'd actually play it much.

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Drops WinXP
3. Re: Natural Selection 2 Drops WinXP Oct 20, 2015, 22:56 Krovven

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 21:00:
Seriously, what person plays new games on a computer that still has xp on it, or maybe I should say what computer with xp on it can still play any of the new games? Don't see that as an issue for any developer.

It's not a new game for starters and was released when XP was still supported. Hopefully this doesn't screw over too many people.

News Comments > Konami Denies Kojima Exit
14. Re: Konami Denies Kojima Exit Oct 20, 2015, 18:15 Krovven

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 10:53:
Is there a contract agreement which doesn't allow Kojima to provide that information or is it just better business to create multiple articles which may or may not be credible because it's Kotaku?

What does Kotaku have to do with it? The original story was from The New Yorker and the follow up from Tokyo Sports. Kotaku just reported on in, the same way Blue is doing with this.

News Comments > World of Warships Adds Ships
5. Re: World of Warships Adds Ships Oct 19, 2015, 23:38 Krovven

In all seriousness though, I think we can expect the trees will get filled out for each nation. Most of the Russian Destroyers in the game didn't exist. They were just designs but never built. So no reason they won't have Battleships too.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Update
97. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 22:04 Krovven

Kosumo, Blues post was no less trolling than the other guys post. Blue hasn't made a post like that I've seen in relation to SC before, for either side of the debate.

The amount of shit posted from either side over the last many weeks and that's the post he chooses to comment on?

News Comments > World of Warships Adds Ships
4. Re: World of Warships Adds Ships Oct 19, 2015, 21:54 Krovven

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 21:50:
Ozmodan wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 21:10:
Good luck trying to play a Russian battleship, all they had were WWI rejects and forget air craft carriers.
There are no Russian battleships

It's hard for some to read the first sentence of the summary, nevermind the whole thing.

89. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 19:16 Krovven

AngelicPenguin wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 18:37:
Krovven wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 18:29:
Of all the anti-CIG posts and pro-CIG posts...yet Blue decides to call out this one guy today when what he said was harmless.

Oh relax - he was just poking fun at his blanket statement.

It was no different from the many other posts making the same claim from either side. nin even followed it up making the exact same counter post. But he is Blues butt buddy, so I wouldn't expect Blue to comment on that post.

86. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 18:29 Krovven

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 18:07:
Krovven wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 17:48:
Blue wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 10:15:
Razumen wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 10:12:
Honestly, anyone that tries to argue that this game is a fraud is just a blatant troll at this point.

So you are blatantly trolling for blatant trolls?

While I don't disagree, you making a comment about him trolling is pretty ridiculous considering all the other bullshit that gets posted around here and you say nothing about. In fact his comment was really tame and harmless by comparison. But I guess we know where your priorities are.

Krowen, would you like some cheese with that whine.

I'm not whining. Merely pointing out the irony in Blue calling out an entirely harmless post when considering the regurgitation in so many of the Star Citizen threads and the frequent blatant trolling by some in other threads.

Of all the anti-CIG posts and pro-CIG posts...yet Blue decides to call out this one guy today when what he said was harmless.

79. Re: Star Citizen Status Update Oct 19, 2015, 17:48 Krovven

Blue wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 10:15:
Razumen wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 10:12:
Honestly, anyone that tries to argue that this game is a fraud is just a blatant troll at this point.

So you are blatantly trolling for blatant trolls?

While I don't disagree, you making a comment about him trolling is pretty ridiculous considering all the other bullshit that gets posted around here and you say nothing about. In fact his comment was really tame and harmless by comparison. But I guess we know where your priorities are.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2015, 00:19 Krovven

ViRGE wrote on Oct 17, 2015, 18:58:
I'll root for the Jays. It would be amusing to see Canada win the World Series.

We have twice before. 92' & '93. The only times I ever actually watched every game of the World Series.

Not sure what Cutters problem is, other than being the grumpiest and most negative person in Canada.

News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
154. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 17, 2015, 01:40 Krovven

jdreyer wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 14:10:
Flatline wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 12:05:
That was one of the original kickstarter stretch goals. Back then the community was small enough that it probably wouldn't have taken much for people to say "dude just focus on the game" and had it have an impact.

Bitching about the name-recognizable talent actually tips over on my list of "probably not particularly fair" things to bitch about.

Now if it turns out he did spend 20 million on the cast, yeah sure get the tar & feathers. But we knew that hollywood actors were on the slate since like... Day 3.

The voice talent was a goal at the $5M mark:

Squadron 42 will feature celebrity voice-acting including at least one favorite from Wing Commander and 50 total missions.

He was planning on maybe bringing Hamill or Davies back to do the Admiral bit, and hiring no-names to work scale for the rest of it, probably at a total cost of $500K. The original idea never included Oldman, Anderson, Serkis, etc. It's $500K vs. $10M or whatever. He could have kept his promise for $500K and used that $9.5M on the game, IMO. There was no need to be this extravagant.

But you, like everyone else are just guessing at the numbers. Nobody here knows if they spent $1mil or $10mil. So arguing about it and making judgements based upon made up numbers seems rather pointless...just like the majority of the bitching about CiG.

News Comments > EA Account Details Leaked
19. Re: EA Account Details Leaked Oct 17, 2015, 01:35 Krovven

ViRGE wrote on Oct 17, 2015, 00:41:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 21:04:
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 20:59:
I'd never seen this site before, which was linked in the article. Apparently you type in an email/username and it searches a bunch of text dumps from these breaches to see if you're among them. I don't know how reliable it is, or trustworthy in and of itself, but if you're curious and wanna give it a shot:

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Because of the bold bit I would -IF AT ALL- only enter partial matches and never the full e-mail address or user name.

Trust no one.
That site doesn't do partial matches.

It's not like you are giving it a password to check. Email addresses aren't exactly private.

18. Re: EA Account Details Leaked Oct 17, 2015, 01:33 Krovven

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 22:32:
wtf_man wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 20:50:
Or never make an Origin account like me.

Well you're missing out on the best thing with Origin, their amazing customer support. What I found funny as fuck was Steam finally getting around to 2-step auth, where Origin had it for nearly 9 months.

And Blizzard had it years ago...why is that "funny"?

17. Re: EA Account Details Leaked Oct 17, 2015, 01:32 Krovven

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 20:59:
I'd never seen this site before, which was linked in the article. Apparently you type in an email/username and it searches a bunch of text dumps from these breaches to see if you're among them. I don't know how reliable it is, or trustworthy in and of itself, but if you're curious and wanna give it a shot:

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Thanks for that. Apparently the only time I've been "owned" was during the Gawker leak several years ago...and if I remember right, they forced the use of unique generated passwords that couldn't be changed...so a non-issue.

7594 Comments. 380 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo