Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 7438 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Smedley Leaves Daybreak
13. Re: Smedley Leaves Daybreak Jul 23, 2015, 15:48 Krovven

Slashman wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 14:08:
Who could ever forget the trains in the Estate of Unrest? Sweatdrop

Or in Blackburrow, Mistmoore, Karnors or even a Halfling making his run through West Karana to get to Qeynos, while training everything behind him.

EQ was indeed a unique experience. One I played for many years off and on. I have many fond memories, but looking back the game was a full time job and a massive time sink.

Never again.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Win10 Gamer Primer
31. Re: Win10 Gamer Primer Jul 22, 2015, 17:27 Krovven

Xero wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 09:50:
It's funny because this Xbox crap is the main reason I DO NOT look forward to Win10 despite willing to upgrade from Win7. Hey, it's free after all.

But why do they need to migrate Xbox gamers with PC gamers? If I'm a PC gamer, I do not XBONE or want anything to do with it and I'm sure it's likewise with the Xbone users. Why would they want a PC around them when they are xboning?

I know it's similar platform and MS owns both, but that doesn't mean we want to be together! Get that thru your head.

Sony did this with the Z3 Xperia. It would be cool and all if I owned a Playstation 4... Since I do not, the extra features are useless on the phone and I end up chalking this phone to be the worse phone I've ever owned.

Why don't you get it through your head that not every gamer is an elitist jerk beholden to just one platform. The functionality is there for those that do want it. If you don't want it, uninstall it and don't use it. Is that too hard for you to figure out?

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Team League Bans Coming
3. Re: Heroes of the Storm Team League Bans Coming Jul 22, 2015, 16:31 Krovven

Just tried Heroes of the Storm for the first time last night. It's not bad. Definitely more "casual" than say LoL or DoTA2, but that's fine by me as I hate MOBA's in general. That dislike has been entirely due to the whole tag npcs for gold/xp etc. It is just an awful game mechanic.

My only reason for trying it out was to get to level 12 just to get the Hearthstone card back. I enjoyed it enough that I won't just give up after a couple hours. However we'll see if I want to keep playing after I get to level 12.

News Comments > GTA Online Bonuses
7. Re: GTA Online Bonuses Jul 21, 2015, 16:46 Krovven

Yosemite Sam wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 13:56:
Krovven wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 19:08:
I'm still wondering when they will add bonuses that long time players will give a crap about.

Money bonus, ok. Helpful. On just one event, not helpful.

RP bonuses at any time...only helpful to those still leveling up.

Discounts on stuff I already bought a long time ago...not helpful.

I give a crap and I'm as long time as one can be. Didn't have any armored Karumas, bought two at half price. I finally started a second character so the RP is nice and double cash on heists, sweet, double cash on Humane Labs, super sweet!

So you made another toon, which completely is in line with what I said. Most of the bonuses are useless unless you are still levelling up.

Having a cash bonus on one event or play list is lame. Generally everything they put cash bonuses on are things I don't play. Im done with Heists. They are mostly a massive waste of time. Too many idiots with no clue what they are doing or disconnect all the time. It's much easier and more fun to chain missions.

News Comments > GTA Online Bonuses
2. Re: GTA Online Bonuses Jul 20, 2015, 19:08 Krovven

I'm still wondering when they will add bonuses that long time players will give a crap about.

Money bonus, ok. Helpful. On just one event, not helpful.

RP bonuses at any time...only helpful to those still leveling up.

Discounts on stuff I already bought a long time ago...not helpful.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC
32. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC Jul 19, 2015, 23:44 Krovven

ForgedReality wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 22:05:
Krovven wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 21:07:
gravity wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 18:45:
Flatline wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 18:28:
Also, the new controls scheme is MUCH better.

*DITTO* on this^ - I'm much happier with enabling alternate controls. I almost wish they had enabled it by default, as it's much improved.

I feel like Geralt is less... confused?

While I didn't really have a problem with the way Geralt moved before, I do like the more responsive alternate system now, which basically feels like Witcher 2.

Framerate hasn't changed that much for me, as I was already sitting at 50fps, but I am able to have hairworks at 8x instead of 4x with everything else maxed. The single biggest boost though is foilage draw distance. Drop that to medium instead of max and I gain 10fps. So with everything maxed except that I'm sitting at an average of 50fps.

Yeah I was fine with the way it was before. I enabled the alternate mode and didn't notice anything different. Can someone point it out for me? Maybe I just play differently than everyone else or something, somehow.

Fewer animations when he starts and stops movement as well as turning.

27. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC Jul 19, 2015, 21:07 Krovven

gravity wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 18:45:
Flatline wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 18:28:
Also, the new controls scheme is MUCH better.

*DITTO* on this^ - I'm much happier with enabling alternate controls. I almost wish they had enabled it by default, as it's much improved.

I feel like Geralt is less... confused?

While I didn't really have a problem with the way Geralt moved before, I do like the more responsive alternate system now, which basically feels like Witcher 2.

Framerate hasn't changed that much for me, as I was already sitting at 50fps, but I am able to have hairworks at 8x instead of 4x with everything else maxed. The single biggest boost though is foilage draw distance. Drop that to medium instead of max and I gain 10fps. So with everything maxed except that I'm sitting at an average of 50fps.

19. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC Jul 19, 2015, 17:13 Krovven

Kxmode wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 17:00:
Awesome! Geralt lost a lost of weight. Before the patch he weighed 112/160 pounds. Now he weighs 55/160 pounds. Thanks CD Projekt Red Diet Systems!

10/10 would force Geralt's fat ass to diet again.

" All crafting components and alchemy ingredients now weigh nothing."

I don't think most people were having an issue with weight due to the Saddlebags, but I think this is more to help the hoarders and those broom collectors.

15. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC Jul 19, 2015, 16:50 Krovven

LOL 7gb patch. Bigger than many games.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Patch Next Month
12. Re: Into the Black Jul 19, 2015, 01:38 Krovven

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 01:10:
Krovven wrote on Jul 18, 2015, 23:13:
I haven't had that much of a problem with the game as others, but what the hell got fucked up in the code that it takes this long...incompetent.

I've read theories that they didn't properly adapt it from the unified memory of the consoles to the split pools of the PC. Supposedly when it goes to move data between the two types of RAM it doesn't have the speed it's looking for leading to the stuttering or massive frame drops depending on how powerful your rig is. If that's true it isn't something they can fix quickly. Considering there were entire graphical effects missing from the game (until the 1st patch) it isn't unreasonable to believe they fucked the memory management up that badly too.

I'll give that a read. It would explain a lot. I can see people spending $2000 on a computer and unknowingly or cheaping out and getting low clock speed ram.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Patch Next Month
8. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Patch Next Month Jul 18, 2015, 23:13 Krovven

For it to be taking this long is ridiculous. And that it could be several more months another patch is even worse.

I haven't had that much of a problem with the game as others, but what the hell got fucked up in the code that it takes this long...incompetent.

News Comments > What The Flock? Multiplayer Game Will End When Enough Players Die
24. Re: What The Flock? Multiplayer Game Will End When Enough Players Die Jul 17, 2015, 22:50 Krovven

Mac wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 05:42:
Ozmodan wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 22:40:
Well screw that studio and their stupid game. Like I would ever spend a dime on such a stupid premise.

You're probably the sort who buys the annual rehashed CoD, Fifa, etc games though ... because their business model is so much better? Oh wait a minute, no it isn't ... you get rehashed games and servers go offline ... this is just a much more honest way of doing the same plus without the rehashing!

To my knowledge Activision has never shut down servers for CoD. Let's put it this way, there are far more games that use Steam Matchmaking or Dedicated Servers that have never been shut down. Companies shut down games that nobody plays anymore. Others shut them down early to try an get you to buy the next version.

Shutting them down way too early shouldnt be acceptable, nor should baking into a game a finite ending for a PvP game before it's even released. It's a stupid idea and one that should not be supported.

The same fools that spent money on Molyneux's "experiment" are the same fools that would spend money on something like this.

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2015, 22:56.

News Comments > Brothers In Arms Rearming
16. Re: Brothers In Arms Rearming Jul 17, 2015, 17:14 Krovven

I thought BiA was fun at first...a few hours in though I realized that their gameplay mechanics consisted of just playing digital Whack-A-Mole. Never played another one again.

News Comments > No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall?
32. Re: No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall? Jul 16, 2015, 20:34 Krovven

A few weeks, ok. A few months, not ok.

Hopefully WB & Rocksteady will make statement regarding this.

News Comments > What The Flock? Multiplayer Game Will End When Enough Players Die
6. Re: What The Flock? Multiplayer Game Will End When Enough Players Die Jul 16, 2015, 20:03 Krovven

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 19:40:
You could call this a suicidal business idea

Yea whoever thought this would be a good idea needs to be fired.

News Comments > Deadpool Game Returns
10. Re: Deadpool Game Returns Jul 16, 2015, 16:52 Krovven

Frijoles wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 15:58:
Brazor wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 11:45:
That's a long negotiating process for one game.

Well this is Valve we're talking about.

What do you think this has to do with Valve? They aren't the developer, publisher or owner of the licensing involved.

News Comments > Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds
31. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 14, 2015, 22:19 Krovven

ViRGE wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 21:04:
harlock wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 20:54:
What fucking BONEHEAD at cig thinks that refunding dsmarts money will actually make him shut up, or change direction AT ALL??? these dumbasses are playing right into each others hands, he's only getting more publicity, more people to look at how shitty his games are and how much of a psuedo-psychotic moron he is... and cig pouting and taking their ball home, crying about "sinister" intentions and so forth, saying "btw, no refunds we have your money, thanks"
I don't believe there's anything sinister here, but it does seem like it was a poorly thought out idea. Smart is one of their biggest detractors, and now they just silenced him rather than fully addressing his concerns. It looks bad.

People have the right to ask questions. They don't have the right to be malicious about it.

The problem isn't that he is vocal as much as it is a huge conflict of interest. His antics are a defamation suit waiting to happen.

If an employee from any of the major companies behaved the way DSmart has towards another developer, they would quickly be unemployed.
Could you imagine Moore and Kotick publicly talking this kind of shit about their development processes?

News Comments > Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds
9. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 14, 2015, 19:58 Krovven

Out of curiosity I just had a quick look to see how many people were playing Line of Defense right now...ZERO. Not a single 1.

Good for CIG for taking this step. Now...stop selling promises, opening more studios and get to work to get a playable out to the people that care. I'm not one of them. I just hate Derek Smart more.

News Comments > Jade Raymond Joins EA
10. Re: Jade Raymond Joins EA Jul 13, 2015, 15:28 Krovven

ForgedReality wrote on Jul 13, 2015, 13:08:
If her career weren't shot to hell before, it is now.

Oh yea? Why is that?

I wasn't aware that making the rounds from Sony, to EA, to Ubisoft and back to EA while consistently climbing up the corporate ladder equaled a shot career.

News Comments > Depth Free Weekend
10. Re: It was fun for a few minutes for me! :D Jul 12, 2015, 12:39 Krovven

Ant wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 21:25:
...for my two/2 cents.

What exactly was the point of deleting your own post, just to post a link of the exact same comment on your personal blog?

7438 Comments. 372 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo