Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6885 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com
68. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com Oct 28, 2014, 17:35 Krovven

DangerDog wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 17:05:

seems like the answers are on gog forums

[url=http://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_star_wars_tie_fighter_special_edition/page7[/url]

looks like you can either run it in dos mode (320x200) or windows 95 mode which uses xwing vs tie fighter engine that takes away more than it gives, mainly dynamic music and messes up the physics for the sake of multiplayer balance - even though this is single player.

people are clamoring for the 95 collectors cd edition that's not part of the release.

In 1995, TIE Fighter also received a Collector's CD-ROM. The CD-ROM version offered optional enhanced SVGA graphics, increasing the game's resolution from 320x200 to 640x480.[2] The cinematic cutscenes were also enhanced, and the game received numerous voiceovers. The CD-ROM includes the previously released Defender of the Empire expansion and an additional Enemies of the Empire expansion.

Yea I own the Collectors Series and it won't install. And seeing as what is on GOG is the older, lower res version...I'll be passing on this.

Just came across this guide here to get the Collectors Series installed. I haven't tried it yet. But might be worth a look for some.

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2014, 17:43.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

63. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com Oct 28, 2014, 16:41 Krovven

OMG you guys are pathetic. I didn't even say anything bad about the games and you are immediately getting into defensive fanboy mode.

Peoples nostalgia over how the original games means nothing to me. As my nostalgia over the games would mean nothing to you.

I want to know how the current releases function and how they look and at what resolutions are available...among other issues, features, etc.

Guess I'll just go get my answers from another forum where people don't have giant sticks shoved up their ass.

News Comments > Next-Gen Grand Theft Auto V Bonuses for Returning Players
16. Re: Next-Gen Grand Theft Auto V Bonuses for Returning Players Oct 28, 2014, 16:36 Krovven

DangerDog wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 16:31:
does it use player hosted or instanced servers for multiplayer?

Both. They are hosted. And you can open private instanced games (that are still hosted).

News Comments > Next-Gen Grand Theft Auto V Bonuses for Returning Players
15. Re: Next-Gen Grand Theft Auto V Bonuses for Returning Players Oct 28, 2014, 16:35 Krovven

Creston wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 15:28:
Mac wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 15:22:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 14:20:
Other then the increase to 30 people online there's nothing about online. All this nice new shiny stuff is single player, always shown as single player. What's getting implemented online is going to be the deciding factor for me. Otherwise I'll wait for the price to drop.

GTA in multiplayer have always been a car crash (literally) ... GTA is just about the SP ... only reason to play them!

Yeah, not anymore. MP in GTA5 is a blast.

Indeed. But where are the Heists? It's been over a year now and a majory advertised selling point of the game has still not been released. But people are suing Sega over advertised graphics in ACM.

It's unacceptable. As is how poorly they handled the launch of Online, with all the cheating, failed events (on PS3), etc. I gave up after I think the 4th patch that attempted and failed to do anything about cheaters and the Beach Bum pack that the new missions didn't work for about the first week after release. Beach Bum event weekend was also broken on the PS3 and never happened.

With all that said, I don't know what it's like now, because I haven't played it in 10 months. Heists are still missing, but we know that.

I don't think I'll ever play it on PS3 again...but despite my disdain for Rockstar, I am tempted to get GTAV on PC and will likely crumble when the release date rolls around.

58. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com Oct 28, 2014, 15:59 Krovven

nin wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 15:41:
Task wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 15:39:
Krovven wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 15:30:
So 51 posts and not one of you has bought these new versions and posted impressions. Just a whole lotta yammering about nostalgia.

I'm at work... so all I can do is go on wookieepedia and post about Keyan Farlander and Maarek Stele fun nostaglia facts and twiddle my thumbs until I get home.

If he doesn't like the posts, he's welcome to leave.

And yeah, some of us have day jobs. He should try it.

Not everyone works the same days, at the same times, and not everyone is in the same time-zones, you loud mouthed dipshit. But clearly you still like to continue posting shit about people while hiding behind the ignore function.

51 posts and no impressions...clearly nobody is buying this, yet. Being midday has never stopped anyone from posting impressions almost immediately before.

52. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com Oct 28, 2014, 15:30 Krovven

So 51 posts and not one of you has bought these new versions and posted impressions. Just a whole lotta yammering about nostalgia.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Oct 28, 2014, 00:10 Krovven

I've seen this headline like 3 or 4 times since this afternoon. And it is misleading.

He is in negotiations, yes, but has not been signed. It's all contingent upon the Sherlock production adjusting their entire schedule to accommodate the filming of Doctor Strange.

I'm not sure why women think he is good looking, but whatever, I'm not female. To me he looks kinda creepy, like in a Patrick Bateman American Psycho kinda way.

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com?
31. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com? Oct 27, 2014, 23:56 Krovven

If this was HD upgraded versions of the games, I'd be all over them.
We'll see how these look and at what resolutions after they are released.

One thing I've learned of my purchases of old games...I don't play them, or maybe for an hour when I first get them, but that's about it. Dungeon Keeper 2 being the exception.

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2014, 00:05.

News Comments > PC Valkyria Chronicles Plans?
6. Re: PC Valkyria Chronicles Plans? Oct 27, 2014, 23:53 Krovven

I bought the first one on PS3 after all the hype about it. Personally I found the voices extremely annoying and the gameplay was rather boring and repetitive.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2014, 16:22 Krovven

That WoW dating video is at least 5 yrs old and I'm sure was posted back then.

News Comments > Subnautica Earliest Access
15. Re: Subnautica Earliest Access Oct 26, 2014, 16:14 Krovven

jdreyer wrote on Oct 26, 2014, 14:38:
Here's a gameplay vid.

Uhh it states very clearly that it's a test and not gameplay.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Demo
10. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Demo Oct 25, 2014, 03:58 Krovven

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 25, 2014, 00:11:
More i play the game (non demo) more i like it. I think its just switching my Civ5 perspective to the subtle changes. That said those subtle changes once you get use to them are pretty good. Enjoying it, and i know it'll only get better. One of the major reasons why i bought it is that i know that the expansions, patches, and mods to come will only add to it. Firaxis knows their TBS

This.

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Game Reviews Oct 23, 2014, 18:37 Krovven

ASeven wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 15:25:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 14:55:
ASeven wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 12:43:
From what I've been reading on forums, the game isn't that worth buying if you were expecting something much different from Civ 5. A shame, I'll wait for the inevitable GOTY edition.

Huh, on the gaming podcast I listen to they said, "If you're expecting this to be like Civ 5, you'll be disappointed."

Well, TotalBiscuit seems to have my opinion. Either way I'm not entirely convinced this is worth the asking price right now.

So you share his contradictory opinions?

He basically likes the game, and says so repeatedly. But then he sums it up at the end saying he doesn't like it that much because it's not Civ5 and it's not Alpha Centauri.

News Comments > Play Civilization V Free This Week
21. Re: Bah! Oct 21, 2014, 16:22 Krovven

You can turn on Quick Combat for no animations as well as Movement, to make turns go faster. Quick Game settings...and I get some people really want to do the Huge maps with large number of civs, and while I have played those...I prefer smaller (faster) games. 1v1 up to 5v5 or so. The Duels are fun and is a good way to quickly get through some games going for different victories to learn how things can play out.

14. Re: Bah! Oct 21, 2014, 06:14 Krovven

Ant wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 02:50:
Bah, not free weekend. Weekdays are bad for me due to my BUSY life. Is there even a free playable demo(nstration)?

Yes.

8. Re: Play Civilization V Free This Week Oct 20, 2014, 23:45 Krovven

Agreed that vanilla Civ V was rather weak. The expansions really made it a great game (particularly the G&K xpac). While I had played Civ 3 and Civ IV very briefly I could never get into them. Playing PBEM games of Civ V is what really got me into it and I ended up playing the game far far more, even solo, than I ever expected.

I can't wait for Beyond Earth. Here's to another 600hrs over the next 3+ years...

News Comments > Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft
68. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 23:12 Krovven

There is an ignore function. Use it.

News Comments > Trine Series Sells 7M; Editors Released
12. Re: Trine Series Sells 7M; Editors Released Oct 16, 2014, 23:50 Krovven

jdreyer wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 22:05:
Lastly, although they've sold 7M copies, remember that a lot of those were at $2 or $3 each, or in bundles. Still, it's a decent amount of cash even at those low prices.

Indeed. And how many of those copies are from when it was free on PSN for PS+ subs?

It's a great a achievement for sure. But when the games have been practically given away in several Humble Bundles as well...

News Comments > The Evil Within > 30 FPS "Not Supported"
65. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 15:20 Krovven

Don't care about the The Evil Within, Shadows of Mordor or Alien Isolation.

Just give me Civ Beyond Earth and give it to me now, not in 2 weeks!

News Comments > World of Tanks Adds Racing
32. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Oct 1, 2014, 16:51 Krovven

Endo wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 12:12:
Krovven wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 02:01:
Still making posts with no substance and just insults because you have absolutely nothing to back up your bullshit?

Just stop. Nothing you've posted was worth reading, none of it was smart, and almost all of it was factually incorrect. My responses weren't for your benefit, because you're clearly incapable of understanding the most basic concepts anyway. It was for everyone else to see how wrong and full of shit you are. With that achieved, we're done here.

To show that I'm full of shit, you'd have to post something that actually contradicts anything I've said. You spout numbers, but have nothing to back them up. I can rattle off numbers I've claimed to have read by people in the know, none of it means jack shit without an actual source. Nor should anyone ever listen to "facts" from someone as bitter and full of hate as you, that still claims to play a game they loathe.

The debate on premium ammo in WoT has been going on for years and will continue to go on. With so called knowlegable people doing all sorts of "tests" for their "proof"; all of which is extremely flawed. Some say premium ammo is worth 5%-10% extra damage. Some say it's 10%-25%. Neither number is significant enough to warrant "pay2win", in my opinion. As an example, 2000 dmg dealt in a game going up to 2500 dmg in a game is equivalent to getting a 1 extra penetration per match, depending on tier, tank, etc. I could link a dozen threads about this, but it's all bullshit and none of it is concrete evidence for either side.

The fact does remain that Wargaming has made it so EVERYONE has access to premium ammo by being able to buy it with silver earned from playing the game. Cash money is no longer required as it once was. Premium ammo will not make you a better player, period. Good players will still shoot at the same targets on a tank whether they use premium or standard ammo.

6885 Comments. 345 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo