Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6864 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Tanks Adds Racing
25. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Oct 1, 2014, 01:18 Krovven

So you play a game that you hate because the competition is worse?

Wow. Just wow. That explains your irrational brain functions.

I'd be happy to listen to what you have to say if any of it meant anything. You still can't actually explain yourself. Grab your meds, fix your brain buddy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Oct 1, 2014, 00:33 Krovven

Endo wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 23:30:
they start with primary skill at 100% and let you immediately start working on a secondary skill or perk.

They are small bonuses. So what? The game is free. There has to be an incentive to spend money somewhere or the company never stays in business. Millions of people clearly disagree with you as Wargaming is doing very well and has World of Warships on the horizon.

Side note...It is too bad that World of Warplanes turned out to be shit.

Endo wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 23:30:
What all this boils down to is that by spending money, you can effectively boost your win rate by 5-10%, which is HUGE. (I've seen data from tests done by one of the top players on NA servers.) To put this in perspective, only the top 1% of players win 56% or more of their battles. Meanwhile, the top 5% win 53% or more.

So what you are saying is that less than 5% of the total player base actually is good enough to benefit from using premium ammo full time. Do the math...this is not pay to win. if it was, the percentage would be much higher. Premium ammo really only becomes a factor in serious clan matches...which the average player doesn't give a shit about.

Majority of players fall into the 48-52% win rate. Very very few will ever see anything higher. I'm sitting at an even 50%, which has gone up 3% in the last couple months as I've become a better player...not because I use premium ammo. But I play a lot of different tanks that I'm not very good at. If I didn't mess around with crappy tanks my win rate would be much higher. Not to mention, winning a match is based on 14 other players on your team, has very little to do with the ammo they use and more about map control and people not being stupid.

But here is the question of the day...if you hate the game so much...why do you play it? Based on most of your responses I'd guess you don't play it much at all and have just gone and done some forums searches just to troll this forum with your drivel.

Majority of your responses are simply telling me I don't know what I'm talking about without any explanation as to how I'm wrong. I can't even bother to reply to your long response post because most of it is "You don't know what you are talking about. You must be a shill". Not a single informative response in the whole lot.

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2014, 01:00.

22. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Oct 1, 2014, 00:28 Krovven

Earlyworm wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 23:30:
Task wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 21:58:
Look at you guys rambling on about F2P and gold ammo. I just loaded the game up to check, and sure enough you still have to buy "best" ammo with gold. I did not see any silver option.

The silver option is there even if you did not notice it.
I load c.a. 10% APCR ammo on all tanks in case I need it for a battle winning situation, but use well under 1 round per match on average.
I have never bought APCR with real money.

Yay, someone that knows what they are talking about and isn't a moron.

21. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Oct 1, 2014, 00:28 Krovven

Look at you guys rambling on about F2P and gold ammo. I just loaded the game up to check, and sure enough you still have to buy "best" ammo with gold. I did not see any silver option.

I'm sorry you are blind...try looking again. The price is a drop down menu...click it and choose Silver. Having eyes and a brain help.

The problem I have with games like wot is its sets a poor precedent for what kind of tank games can be made on the market. Arcade trash can be easily marketed with ADD clicking and grind-fests gets money, but true tank simulators go to the way side.

Not sure how WoT is arcadey. Sounds like you don't know the mechanics of the gameplay at all.
Simulations are boring as shit and don't sell well. But that is just personal preference.

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2014, 01:03.

15. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Sep 30, 2014, 19:46 Krovven

Endo wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 18:06:
Sure, you can do "fine" without gold ammo.

Then it's not pay to win if you can do fine without it.

In fact, the more you use, the better you'll do, all the way up to 100%.

What? What does that even mean..."up to 100%"? 100% of what?

Why do people not understand what pay2win means in PvP games?

Why do you not understand what pay2win means? As the game was before, yes, absolutely it was pay2win. You could not get Premium shells any other way except to pay cash for gold and then spend that gold. Now...you can spend Silver, which is an in-game currency earned from every single match and often from the Events and Missions. So EVERYONE now has the option of using Premium shells and not just the wallet warriors.

To which I'll touch on...being a wallet warrior does not guarantee you success...if anything it means you suck and don't know how to play or where to aim on tanks. By the time you get to the upper tiers, you will have no idea what to do and your Premium shells won't help you anyways. If people want to throw away money spamming Premium shells...I say let them. It makes no difference to me. I'll kill them just the same with standard ammo.

Since it hasn't been brought up, you can also buy Consumables with silver and also earn them through the Events and Missions that were added last year. Of course you can get other things from these Events and Missions like, extra Silver, Equipment, Experience and even Tanks.

14. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Sep 30, 2014, 19:25 Krovven

Endo wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 17:37:
Paid shill, or rabid, head-in-the-sand, diehard fanboi. Little difference.

Right...because you clearly demonstrating that you are the poster child for rational objectivity.

1. Yes, it's still very much pay-to-win. In fact, I've never played a PvP game that was more pay2win. Learn what shit means before you run your mouth.

How so exactly? YOU DO NOT NEED PREMIUM AMMO AT ALL! If you think you need to have premium ammo, you just suck at the game and have no idea where to target. In the past year, they have rebalanced the tanks to largely remove the need for premium ammo.

Again...you need never pay cash for premium ammo. Period. You can use your Silver, which is earned by playing and not sucking. So get 5 or so shells of premium ammo on each tank you use for instances where it's going to make a difference of win or loss. Otherwise, you never need to use it. People that still call it "gold" ammo, clearly don't know what they are talking about.

To be clear, a couple years ago, this was easily my largest complaint about the game and I hated it because it was so pay-to-win. I simply couldn't penetrate anything and was having zero fun. This is no longer the case. If this is your arguement, then you are just showing us how clueless you are.

2. Every patch is significant, ruining more shit and making the game run worse for players.

Uhhm, what? Until recently I was using a very old computer and was running the game just fine at 24-30 fps with most settings on low. With new comp, I'm 30-40 fps with everything maxed. So no clue what you are rambling on about here. If your comp can't run the newest graphics, turn them down. Nothing different here from any other game.

What exactly have they ruined? Please go into some details here. Without details you are just a troll.

3. New features include exploding barrels that sound like 3-ton bombs, but not much of anything worthwhile.

Again...WHAT? What exploding barrels? Are you referring to the barrels in Tank Rally? This is intentional and not in normal matches you moron.
Or do you mean the sound bug with the cars exploding since the last patch? Big deal it's a bug and a funny one that doesn't effect gameplay AT ALL. Either way...Cars are not the same thing as barrels.

4. Changes to maps, making what was already not very good just that much worse. None of the changes were improvements, except the size increase on Murovanka. Even on that map, the rest of the changes outweigh the good. Everything else they changed resulted in complete, utter garbage, like new Severoshit or El Halputrid.

First off, seeing as you are too much of a child to spell foreign names correctly I'll do it for you.
I miss the old Murovanka forest, but the reality is, it was very unbalanced.
El Halluf again, was unbalanced and boring to play. I'm not going to say it's great now, because it's not. But it's a lot more balanced and fun to play with more than just 1 small choke point. Severogorsk is fine. Not the best map, but the entire map is playable unlike before.

The new Fiery Salient remix of Prokhorovka is gorgeous and I've always liked this map. Sacred Valley is another excellent map and it's absolutely gorgeous.
There are plenty of other maps that have had some minor tweaks and changes made, that have improved them all.

To me it sounds like you are someone that just enjoyed playing and taking advantage of the unbalanced maps. The kind of person I don't give a shit about.

5. Higher quality tank models that no one really gives a fuck about, except they make the game run worse.

Uhhm, no they don't lol. And the new models look great. Most people appreciate that they will keep updating the game so it doesn't look 5 years old.

6. The racing was fun for like half an hour. Got old fast.

It's only available for 2 weeks and has a nice reward attached to it, that can easily be completed in a day if you aren't a retard. If you don't like it, don't play it.

Meanwhile, they continually nerf the ability of normal tanks to turn a profit, while increasing the profit of premium tanks.

Again...WHAT? Comments like this just make you sound like more of an idiot. Premium tanks cannot be upgraded and generally are worse than their counterparts. Yes you get more xp and credits from playing Premium tanks, but that is the entire point of them. They are worse, but pay out more. And unless you are willing to pay gold to convert that experience to free xp...it means nothing. You never have to buy a premium tank, in fact I'd advise against it for anyone thinking about trying the game.

They have such a problem with players going afk or just quitting battles that they literally put in an automatic punishment system.

Well no shit sherlock. Most games have cheaters, afkers, TKers, quitters, etc. Are you new to gaming or just dumb? So you suggest they not have any punishment system at all? Players can also manually report tanks that are botting, afking, griefing, etc. With this said, the problem is no where near as bad as you make it seem. 95% of my games have no issues with the above.

Gee, maybe if the game was actually fun instead of a pathetic frustrating grind people would actually want to play. They've been steadily losing players this entire year on all their servers. Gee, I wonder why.

Fun is subjective. Clearly you don't like it...or you did at one point and now you have a stick up your ass. And no they have not been steadily losing players. Prime time numbers are the same or higher than they have been in the past. But regardless, it's one of those games you can play when you want to, leave for a few months and come back to.

As for the grind...at higher tiers, absolutely. But it should be. Tiers 1 thru 6 are not a grind at all. 10-40 matches (depending on tier) or so to level up one tank and unlock the next, is not a grind. If they made these tiers any easier, it would be a joke and nobody would learn to play their tanks.

Personally I generally play to get my daily win on each tank and then that's it. I play quite a few different tank lines, so without playing a bunch of extra non double xp matches it take 1 to 3 weeks to go through a tank.

For those folks actually interested...check out this guy on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/BohemianEagle/videos
Specifically the Why You Heff To Be Mad and Good The Bad And The Ugly series. Some great entertainment in there. He is great to listen to and knows his stuff.

8. Re: World of Tanks Adds Racing Sep 30, 2014, 15:05 Krovven

Care nothing about the community? What a load of bullshit. When was the last time any of you even played?

Quite a few patches ago they removed anything pay to win. You can now get premium shells using silver instead of gold (cash). Every patch is significant, adding new features, changing up maps, higher quality tank models, graphics options etc etc etc. This last patch 9.3 was probably their largest update in quite awhile.

Oh well. Leave it to Blues News heathens to rant about shit they either know nothing about or haven't touched in years.

FYI Tank Rally is a lot of fun. Knocked out all 50 wins for the rewards in just one night.

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2014, 15:11.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
28. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 29, 2014, 05:00 Krovven

I find it interesting that Total War series was on sale all weekend and none of it did well enough to break the top 10.

I played Rome 2 for a bit and did enjoy it. Many things are improved over Shogun 2, several things have been made worse. My biggest gripe was probably that the camera tilt and height was very limited compared to Shogun 2.

Overall the first Chapter I played was fun, but I'll be waiting for the price to drop big-time before I pick it up. As for their marketing...it was a bad choice to put Rome 2 up for a free weekend and not discount the base Rome 2 game and then follow it up with announcing a new stand alone game next year. I'd guess this really hurt their sales.

I did end up grabbing Fall of the Samurai though. If you owned the Dragon Battle Pack, the price on FoS DLC was reduced down to $1.50 instead of $7.50. I've barely scratched the surface with Shogun 2 gameplay, so I really don't need another game anyways.

News Comments > Steam Music Leaves Beta
10. Re: Steam Music Leaves Beta Sep 25, 2014, 02:17 Krovven

Quite frankly it's pretty shit if you ask me.

A couple things have been mentioned below already... but you can't even randomize all your collection at once. Like WTF? You can choose Artists, Albums, playlists, etc...but you can't get a list of Songs to just shuffle play your whole collection. Whomever designed this apparently has never used an mp3 player before.

Anyone figured out how to access the Music Player without having to switch the Library to music? Seems pretty stupid there is no button at the top of Steam. Oh but there is a button! After you switch to the Music Library...then it's kinda pointless.

Hell they didn't even say how to get to the Music player in their announcement. I had to start going through the menu's to find it. They shrunk the giant Big Picture button...but didn't have the foresight to put a Music button there too?

Can't skip ahead or back using my G15 keyboard buttons either.
Can't import my iTunes playlists.
Can't see the year albums were released.
Can't fast forward.

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 2014, 03:13.

News Comments > Steam Discovery Update
39. Re: Steam Discovery Update Sep 23, 2014, 22:50 Krovven

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 18:43:
This update isn't terrible, but I definitely would have liked a Forums button right on the main game page of EVERY GAME in the store view. Forums seem to be like 3 clicks away, and no longer even titled Forums, definitely no separate forum categories for most games, it seems.

That's one of the main things I check before buying anything on Steam, how many technical/gameplay complaints a given game has.

Aside from that, not bad.

I'll just repeat what has already been said. From every product page, Community Hub>Discussions.

Edit: Now that I'm back home and not working from memory...at the top of Steam there is a big Community button. Click it, go down to discussions. First thing you see is the Steam forums. From there you can goto Game or Tools forums. You can also narrow the dynamic sorting down, or simply search for what you are after. I've never used any of this, as I just goto the game I want in my Library and go from there.

Which brings me to another note... from the same place you would click Community Hub for a product you own, 2 links down is the "Forums" link that goes straight to the Discussions bypassing the Community Hub page altogether.

This is the new forums and has been for over a year now. The old forums have not had a link on Steam for about 2 yrs now? It's being phased out for the new system.
If you are only figuring this out now, it really isn't as important to you as you claim.

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2014, 00:33.

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
26. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 23, 2014, 17:47 Krovven

Stimpack wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 17:35:
To spend all those years making something and still not know what it is nor understand what you want it to be. It definitely doesn't paint Blizzard in a positive light.

Nor does it put them in a negative one.

This isn't the first time they have had a project simmering for awhile and then canned it. The exact thing happened with that Warcraft adventure game they were working on forever, and the Starcraft Ghost game. They've had several other unannounced titles in development and then canned them.

Companies with money can afford to do this.

35. Re: Steam Discovery Update Sep 23, 2014, 16:49 Krovven

Jerykk wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 12:44:
Krovven, I feel like you don't understand how good UI works. If I have to access a separate page to see basic information like how many card drops I have left, that's woefully inefficient.

Clearly you don't. Cramming everything onto a single page when it's not priority information just makes things cluttered. There is absolutely zero reason for card drops remaining to be included on the main store page. The information is where it belongs...on the Badges page.

And yes it is pointless. It's not primary information, it's not even secondary information. Nor would you know if that person just left the game running for 12 hours while they were out to get card drops. Or maybe they forgot to shut the game launcher down. Average playtime, is useless information and certainly doesn't need to be shown on the main screen, or even the product page.

Valve has gone far and above everyone else as far as customer-friendly service goes. Showing competitors prices and showing the history of a products pricing would just be plain bad business. What other industry does this on their store pages? None.

31. Re: Steam Discovery Update Sep 23, 2014, 07:49 Krovven

Jerykk wrote on Sep 23, 2014, 04:21:
like price history (from all sites, not just Steam)

You can't seriously think that is something they should or even would do? It's not in a businesses best interest to show you the history of pricing. If you are looking at the game for $20, the last thing they want to tell you is it's been $5 in the past. Be happy that it's there for Enhanced Steam.

Metacritic user scores

Why? They are useless. Even more useless than the Metacritic score that is there now.

positive/negative review ratios

It is there. Upper right corner on a product page. "User Reviews:" Shows the average with a description, click that and you will see Positive/Negative numbers right at the top of the list of reviews.

remaining card drops
Goto the Badges screen. It's there and has always been there.

average playtime estimates

Useless information that would in no way be even close to being accurate.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock 2 Next Month; Preorders Underway
7. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 Next Month; Preorders Underway Sep 17, 2014, 15:46 Krovven

Price increase makes this a simple choice of wait and see. I still haven't finished the first game. I played at least halfway, probably farther...and just lost interest.

News Comments > Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining
48. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 6, 2014, 17:06 Krovven

Blah blah blah. Verno doesn't think it's a big issue cus it doesn't effect him so he is going to marginalize the problem to suit his opinion.

46. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 5, 2014, 21:34 Krovven

You tried a google search? Plenty of hits on the topic.

There is PS3 and 360 versions of the game as well.
The problem isn't limited to any of them that I'm aware of. Because you can copy your toons from PS3 to PS4, the hacked items come with it.

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 2014, 21:46.

44. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 4, 2014, 23:39 Krovven

Verno wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 08:31:
Krovven wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 20:11:
There are Grift rankings out of Season too. I don't want to see people getting the best gear handed to them because they run streams. If that's what people want, they may as well bring the AH back. Play the game, earn your gear. There was so much fucking whining about the AH and the game improved with the changes they made. Open trading would be a step backwards.

As I said in my previous response it doesn't have to be open trading necessarily. It isn't destroying the console versions of the game and there are several prominent streamers there thanks to the advent of the Share button on the PS4. The streamer already has significant advantages over you or I, he plays more, has followers who boost him and so on. There's no real way around that.

Maybe you care about what happens to streamers, that's certainly your right. Personally I care more about how my friends and I play and enjoy the game. Most of my friends are casual players who would appreciate getting the odd item or two.

I don't follow the console version(s) at all. But didn't someone in an earlier comment say something about BoE on the consoles? Also, there was (is there still?) plenty of hacking of fake and buffed items being passed around on the console versions, that isn't happening on the PC version. Not sure what has changed if anything.

And as I said before and even said shortly after RoS launched. I'd be ok with clan trading...as long as there is a limit put on it. ie: items cant be traded to someone not in the clan at the time it dropped. Also only allow an item to be traded just once. Same would be for friends list. Doing this however would be a bit of a database nightmare and may not be feasible depending on what their resource budgets are.

News Comments > Diablo III Mid-Season Nerf
10. Re: Diablo III Mid-Season Nerf Sep 4, 2014, 16:24 Krovven

They really shouldn't have changed these until Season 2 and just left them as they were until then. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to even remove them from non-season games as they had always been an option for exploiting xp, they just weren't "the best xp" compared to others that have long since been nerfed.

I have already abandoned my season DH anyways. Got him to lvl 70 and about 25 paragon levels...but I don't feel like I'm getting anything out of it. I'd rather spend my time leveling up the Legendary Gems for my account and getting new gear to mess around with other builds and classes.

The only thing that could get me interested in seasons would be new gear sets for each class (the current season specific legendaries are lame). Even then I'm not sure. I'm also not a fan of seasons has fragmented the community, more specifically the players within clans. Half the clan is playing seasonal toons and half the clan isn't bothering. This has a lot of people having to play public games or play solo with few clan members to play with. Simple fix to this would be to increase the maximum clan members from 150 so we can increase the numbers.

42. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 3, 2014, 20:11 Krovven

There are Grift rankings out of Season too. I don't want to see people getting the best gear handed to them because they run streams. If that's what people want, they may as well bring the AH back.

Play the game, earn your gear. There was so much fucking whining about the AH and the game improved with the changes they made. Open trading would be a step backwards.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 3, 2014, 20:01 Krovven

Warlocks is gonna need to change its name. There is already a game called Warlock.  

6864 Comments. 344 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo