Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 7366 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Changes
2. Re: Homeworld Remastered Changes Feb 23, 2015, 18:54 Krovven

Troll post? Have you ever even played the game? Your ships turn on their own to fire at targets. And sphere formation surrounds and move with the target while firing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer
8. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer Feb 23, 2015, 18:51 Krovven

Deepjay wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 16:35:
These guys release a trailer every second day. Funnily enough, I think by watching them, i've become excited for the game and then over it. I was going to pick it up, but now i think i'll just scratch that itch by watching someone play it for a while on Twitch and then move on.

It may be just me, but i find continual trailers borderline obnoxious, less is more etc.

Yea shame on them for trying to market their self published game in the final week & days before release. /facepalm

News Comments > Diablo III Microtransactions Coming to Asia
13. Re: Diablo III Microtransactions Coming to Asia Feb 21, 2015, 02:05 Krovven

Keilun wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 01:27:
RNG is RNG.

Indeed. I can never seem to get anything good on my other toons, but always seem to find good stuff on my DH.

One rift I'll get 10 drops. Another rift I'll get 0. Sometimes I'll see 4-6 Set pieces in a run, other times it's all common junk Legendaries.

News Comments > Universal Combat CE Free on Steam
42. Re: Universal Combat CE Free on Steam Feb 20, 2015, 17:35 Krovven

Not that I expect anyone to see this in this late post...but here is a gem posted later by DS in the thread linked below.

Derek Smart - If my "attitude" makes you not want to play my game, then I'd say you're the one with the problem because I love my attitude just fine. I don't expect you - or anyone - to like me. I don't care. I'm a creator of games, not a diplomat for the people.

Now go away. We discuss games here, not people.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Trailer
29. Re: Homeworld Remastered Trailer Feb 20, 2015, 00:28 Krovven

loomy wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 23:58:
I also feel like the price is too high. Maybe I only feel that way because I lived through the first two.

Maybe it's priced for people who haven't played it, or didn't buy it the first time around? I certainly think it's the wrong price for anyone who already bought both.

Considering there have been re-releases with and without updates priced between $10 and $20 (ie: Resident Evil HD is $20), I don't see the problem with the pricing ($33 CDN) since it's 2 full games as well as the mixed multiplayer. You can't play Homeworld Classic multiplayer currently, except maybe by LAN. So with the updated options for mixed H1 & H2 multiplayer or standard separate multiplayer, updated mod and Workshop support and all the new graphics, etc...price seems good to me.

I've played Homeworld 1 through at least 4 times, Homeworld 2 twice...and I can't wait to play them again and have fresh multiplayer support.

News Comments > Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview
6. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 19, 2015, 23:06 Krovven

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 22:27:

I know what you're getting at, but I disagree entirely that there should be balance attempts in a glorified single player game. They should throw powers on EVERY legendary, crazy strong powers, and just let the game flow. Players SHOULD be able to create stupidly strong, broken builds, without using 5 piece set + RoRG.

My opinion, no doubt in the minority of course.

/facepalm

Moving on...am I the only one that got a chuckle out of the DH rain gloves having Strength on them? Is this 1.8 again?

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Trailer
27. Re: Homeworld Remastered Trailer Feb 19, 2015, 21:33 Krovven

Darks wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 21:18:
Creston wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 21:17:
Darks wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 13:20:
Having a remastered version of this game is a good thing. And the pricing is not that bad. you are getting 4 games. I don't see the problem. Plus the added Steam works and Steam for multiplayer is pretty awesome.

4? Homeworld, expansion, Homeworld 2? Which game am I missing?

Both remastered copies and both of the original games un-touched.

No expansion. And the classic games have a few tweaks to support higher resolutions and I assume it also gets the new Ui for those resolutions.

You can hardly call it 4 games. The inclusion of the Classic games is fan service, nothing more. It's more to compare to the remastered.

News Comments > Steam & Dota 2 Records
16. Re: Steam & Dota 2 Set Peak User Records Feb 16, 2015, 16:37 Krovven

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 12:41:
1 million+ for DotA 2, 3 million+ for LoL? Wow, talk about bad taste, younger gaming community.

get off my lawn.

People like what they like. They are simple to learn, hard to master. It's been repeatedly a winning combination in the gaming world. My question is, do they really like it? I'm curious what the average age of a MOBA player is. I'm guessing it's much lower than the overall average age of a gamer which is like over 30 now?
My point is, MOBA's are free to play and always have been. Teens without much money, but they have an average family computer at home can play the game, and their friends are playing it too...

Having managed a group of teens for half of last year, none of them played any PC games they had to pay for. It was all free to play and it was all MOBA's. Otherwise they played console games, because that's what their parents would buy for them.

I really tried to give DOTA 2 a chance. I watched several hours worth of gameplay videos before even joining a game to make sure I understood what to do and why to do it, etc.

I simply do not see the appeal behind the gameplay mechanics with MOBA's. The big one, constantly having to tag the Ai units to level up and get credits. It's very boring to me. It's a massive game mechanic filler and without it, the game completely falls apart and everything else with it.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 15, 2015, 16:50 Krovven

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 13:45:
So how long is this age of "post-apocalyptic zombie survival crafting games" going to last? The Worth a Buy on H1Z1 showed me enough to stay a mile away, at least for now.

I think a better question is when is someone going to actually finish a feature complete zombie survival game, that's actually good?

News Comments > Diablo III Season 2 Begins
13. Re: Diablo III Season 2 Begins Feb 15, 2015, 04:39 Krovven

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 01:04:
Unfortunately they nerfed Helltrapper, by preventing it from enabling you to use more turrets than you'd otherwise be able to. I never got to try that out with my M6.

Wasn't that a looong time ago? It drops turrets at a very high rate, so you don't need to spend Hatred or wait for the cooldown.

Near the end of the season someone was doing 45+ Grifts with a Multishot build and appropriate gear.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 2 Begins
11. Re: Diablo III Season 2 Begins Feb 15, 2015, 00:01 Krovven

dizave wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 22:11:
The purpose of adventure mode is to get your ring of royal grandeur. After that, whats the point?

If you didn't get hundreds stockpiled from when you really had to grind out Bounties to get a RRoG, then you need Bounties for Rift Fragments to do Rifts, which you need to do Greater Rifts and level up Legendary gems. If your gems arent rank 40+ then you have lots of room to get more powerful.

Keywardens are also in Adventure mode, and a good Hellfire Amulet with a good Passive ability is still the best option, and good ones aren't easy to get. Thankfully it's not a grindfest anymore to get keys (50% on T6) and the organ parts (100% on T6) from the boss fights.

There are other unique legendaries from bounty bags in all acts. They may not be best in slot for some of the most common builds, but they are good for other builds. ie: Helltrapper for Demon Hunters.

dizave wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 22:11:
There is no point when I have the set items for my class. Give me more reasons to play with new legendary items and content and I will play. I feel like your arguing for the sake of arguing. Why would you not want more things to do in a fun game?

I have continually improved my DH by changing his gear and trying build variations with the gear I have. And sometimes I need to target another item from Kadala to make that change. I stopped playing a week or two before the end of season (but after the last patch). I was up to Rank 42 Grift and I never exploited anything. So I'm pretty happy with that. But I still have more room to grow...and that's just one class.

If you like the gameplay, there is plenty to do and plenty of build options. The top builds/gear/elemental combos for DH's was changing constantly. You don't even need to stick to what's at the top of the leaderboards, play another build and see how far you can take it...if you don't care about leaderboards, then it shouldnt matter if you arent competing at the top.

I don't do seasons, other than to get a class to lvl 70. Over the months I play for a bit, take a break, play something else, play for a bit, improve a class, take a break, rinse repeat.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Trailer
32. Re: Just Cause 3 Trailer Feb 14, 2015, 21:28 Krovven

I also found the controls weak for mouse & keyboard. I tried and quickly switched to using the gamepad. Multiple button combos work for gamepad a but not so much for M&K along with the auto aiming, just made aiming with a mouse pointless.

Fun game and I look forward to JC3.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
8. Re: Saturday Interviews Feb 14, 2015, 16:36 Krovven

Molyneux shot himself in the foot. He's been called on this almost every time he markets a game, just not to the extent he is this time.

This time, he didn't just swindle potential consumers, he swindled the people funding his game. Or at least he claimed they were funding the game, when really it was bonus money as he needed a publisher deal anyways.So because he viewed it as bonus money he didn't feel compelled to answer to those backers.

Based on his behaviour and the stories from former employees, it sounds like he is full of himself and really there is nobody to take him down a few notches except his customers.

The man made some great games in the past and he deserves respect for those achievements. But when he swindles the people he is asking help from...he deserves all the negative press that comes his way.

30. Re: Universal Combat CE Free on Steam Feb 9, 2015, 15:49 Krovven

Verno wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 15:44:
There is certainly something amusing about Derek Smart of all people calling Star Citizen a pipe dream.

And using the game being a free release as a shield to hide behind while being a dickhead to people with questions and suggestions.

28. Re: Universal Combat CE Free on Steam Feb 9, 2015, 15:43 Krovven

NewMaxx wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 14:54:
If you really talk to the guy about it, he admits that it's an online persona of sorts. He feels the need to project that personality because his origins in the gaming scene kind of demand it.

No, the guy is just an asshole and still is.

Steam Discussions from an hour ago.

26. Re: Universal Combat CE Free on Steam Feb 9, 2015, 15:30 Krovven

Verno wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 15:28:
Krovven wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 15:25:
Not sure what you are debating. Shit is still shit.

I'm not debating anything and the text of the post is pretty self explanatory.

As was mine.

25. Re: Universal Combat CE Free on Steam Feb 9, 2015, 15:30 Krovven

Creston wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 14:01:
Krovven wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 13:02:
Free or $60, 25 yrs ago or now, a shit game is a shit game.

Right, but it may not be shit to everyone. There are clearly people who like his games, and this is a decent opportunity for people to check one out and see if they'll enjoy it.

Again, free is free. Nobody's forcing you to download it.

Wasn't there a time a few years back he was whining that they wouldn't put his games on Steam?

I don't recall that, but it's possible. Then again, they put just about everything on Steam, so I'm not sure why he'd be singled out. There are far, FAR worse games on Steam than DS's.

Yea I don't recall. Now that I think about it, he was praising Steam at one point. But a few years before that I don't think they were as quick to put his games on Steam. I could be mistaken though.

Maybe that was Jonathon Blow, whom is also in the news today...whining he isn't making enough money anymore from Live and PSN.

23. Re: Universal Combat CE Free on Steam Feb 9, 2015, 15:25 Krovven

Verno wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 14:58:
Krovven wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 13:02:

Wasn't there a time a few years back he was whining that they wouldn't put his games on Steam?

*shrug* free is free. Personally I think there are far better ways to spend ones time than playing terrible Derek Smart games but perhaps someone finds some value in this. I doubt it but hey whatever, no one is making me download a copy so I'm happy.

Not sure what you are debating. Shit is still shit.

15. Re: Universal Combat CE Free on Steam Feb 9, 2015, 13:02 Krovven

Creston wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 11:11:
InBlack wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 09:43:
Oh come on guys, give credit where credit is due. Derek Smart released a game for free on Steam, he even took the time to upgrade some of the graphics. I say KUDOS.

Yeah, I got no problem with it. Releasing free games = cool, no matter if it's DS or EA or whomever that does it.

News Comments > Valve on the Future of High Performance Graphics
48. Re: Valve on the Future of High Performance Graphics Feb 4, 2015, 19:20 Krovven

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 4, 2015, 18:31:
Yeah choice is good like we have Linux and MacOS and all that great stuff and guess what people use for gaming?
Wonder why?
All I am saying is unless SteamOS offers something that is better for users than what we already have noone will use it. Kind of like right now about 5 people uses Linux for gaming according to steam h/s survey.

What topic are we in? Oh right...glNext a modern alternative for gaming API's across multiple platforms.

You do understand why Windows is the dominant PC gaming platform? DirectX. They are trying to create a modern alternative as one doesn't currently exist.

But by your words, they shouldn't even try with SteamOS and glNext because it won't be good enough right away?

7366 Comments. 369 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo