Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6759 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
144. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 17:07 Krovven

FU wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 17:01:
It was time for me to get some clarity as well, so I found this snazzy video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNu8XDBSn10&feature=channel_video_title

Haha, I've seen that video before and it is quite interesting (being from Canada, I already knew how most of it worked).

But that's not quite what I meant. The person mentioned the UK in his post, and on vgchartz the region is Europe. My brain interpreted them to be the same thing, which is not accurate, and I know it's not accurate. It was just how my brain associated the two when I read his post.

Similarly, I believe Canada falls under the banner of the US regarding the video game regions. Which in most cases should be labelled as North America, but usually labelled as US.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

140. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 16:50 Krovven

Lorcin wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 16:39:

Not so sure - remember UK isn't a REGION. Can find lots of things saying 360 is strong in the uk but struggling to find actual hard numbers for the PS3.

Sorry, my brain tends to associate UK as the EU as a whole, which is not accurate.

http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

As with any unofficial numbers, they have to be taken with a grain of salt, but most other sites report similar numbers.

Again, the only region 360 has outsold the PS3 is the US. Rest of the world, Japan, and Europe (not UK as I interpreted), they have outsold the 360. I assume, the UK falls under the EU banner, which as a whole they have outsold, but yes, specifically in the UK the 360 may be outselling PS3. I haven't seen UK specific numbers.

133. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 16:39 Krovven

Yosemite Sam wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 16:27:

Ya but how many of those 360s are second, third and fourth purchases to replace bricked consoles.

Funny thing is, I wrote a bunch more talking about that and the debates I got into on this site a few years ago with the 360/PS3 debate. But I deleted it to avoid getting into arguments about it again. Hence the "edit" on my post below.

I will never understand why people supported the 360 so heavily in the US after they had bad hardware with the Xbox, abandoned it shortly before the 360 release and then followed it up with bad hardware on the 360.

128. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 16:26 Krovven

Yosemite Sam wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 16:19:
Downloaded games can be shared on the Xbox

Considering they can only be traded ONCE, to me it's an empty feature. Meaning you can't give it to your friend and then get it back from them when they are done. The feature means little to me.

And yes, it has to be someone that has been on your friends list for longer than 30 days.

123. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 16:14 Krovven

Lorcin wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 16:05:
Slightly more telling poll:

UK tabloid poll

If you just want the results it's 79% PS4 to 21% xbox one - with 20725 votes cast as I write this.

Interesting to note afaik the UK is the only place 360 has beaten PS3.

You have that incorrect. US is the only region that 360 has outsold PS3. UK and Japan sales are greater for the PS3 than the 360.

PS3 has barely passed the 360 for Global sales totals. They are basically neck and neck at this point. And, 360 has been out a year longer.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2013, 16:21.

116. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 16:00 Krovven

Darks wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 15:58:
Here is the Thief trailer. Not sure if this is the one you are talking about.

http://youtu.be/W59_aT0WPnE

http://youtu.be/uQc8daYz_Ng

Neither of those show gameplay.

114. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 16:00 Krovven

Verno wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 15:45:
Did anyone see The Last Guardian...anywhere? I swear that game must be dead.

Watch the Jack Tretton interview I posted a bit earlier. Jack says Last Guardian is in hiatus.

Thief 4 gameplay video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L67VurX81VI

I notice now that it does seem to be optional, so it may not be that bad...time will tell. But given the rocky history Thief 4 development has had, I'm not holding my breath on it being very good.

The dev also says they are focusing on a balance of Stealth vs Action, and waffles on stating whether you can play Stealth only.

109. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 15:49 Krovven

Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 15:43:
We're all .999 right on the internet, right?

Cutter has posted in the past that he is always right.

108. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 15:48 Krovven

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 15:39:
avianflu wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 10:31:
SONY will happily let game pubs use DRM of every type because **consoles live or die on their games library** not their launch price.

This, this, this. Too many are only wanting to believe what they want. This is a publisher decision on both systems and it's not going to be uneven.

I think the key thing for xb1 here is, they are very unclear as to how their policy will work. Several of their statements contradict each other.

"In our role as a game publisher, Microsoft Studios will enable you to give your games to friends or trade in your Xbox One games at participating retailers. "

"There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once."

"Loaning or renting games won’t be available at launch, but we are exploring the possibilities with our partners."

104. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 15:40 Krovven

Changing topics...They showed gameplay for the new Thief yesterday, and it looked awful. When in combat you slow down time and your enemies have target indicators on their bodies (head, torso, legs) that you use to choose where you want attack.

Yea, no thanks.

Similarly, Ryse, which looks awesome...I'll likely never play because of the CONSTANT quick time events while fighting. I'll try it eventually, maybe it will play better than it looked.

99. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 15:20 Krovven

Post Conference Interview with Jack Tretton

No limits on first party titles as far as used games go. Publishers are free to do what they want as far as DRM.

I'm not an EA fan, but I would like to remind people that EA announced less than a month ago that they were abandoning the their Online Pass for existing and future games.

And yes, multiplayer on PS4 will require a PS+ subscription. But has other have already pointed out, the value for that service is very good. Lots of free games, discounts on games, a good feature set overall...which is more than I can say about XBL Gold.

96. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 15:10 Krovven

NKD wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 15:06:
Wow. You really do need mental help and medication.

I've been saying this about him for years. It's about time everyone else started to see it.

91. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 15:01 Krovven

Xbox One vs PS4 feature graphic

A simple graphic for those simple people that think they see something everyone else doesn't.

News Comments > Civilization V Free Weekend & Sale
3. Re: Brave New World Jun 6, 2013, 21:27 Krovven

Civ5 Brave New World on GMG Use GMG20-JLKSA-7A8HA for additional 20% off.  

News Comments > Marvel Heroes Launches
56. Re: Marvel Heroes Launches Jun 5, 2013, 03:13 Krovven

Beamer wrote on Jun 5, 2013, 02:18:
So why play something we think looks miserable just so we know for sure if it's miserable?

Then don't play it. We make that choice all the time. What kind of rationale do you have for people that aren't willing to take a few minutes to try a free game, yet they go out of their way to spend their time bad mouthing the game they have never tried? Normal people don't do that. It's that simple. Pretty sure you don't go onto topics discussing FarmVille to tell everyone how you hate it, have no interest in playing it and think those that do are idiots, do you?

52. Re: Marvel Heroes Launches Jun 5, 2013, 00:53 Krovven

Siygess wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 17:34:
Eh, there's no doubting that 'free' in this case means 'at least $10 to play as your favourite hero

Free to play does not mean, 'here have the entire game and never pay us anything so we can quickly go out of business and stop providing you the game'. The intention is, play it, if you like it enough to keep playing, buy something to keep them in business.

If you don't like it, you haven't wasted your cash on a game you don't like.

Where I draw the line with f2p/p2w games is when they want to gouge the player repeatedly for money to an excessive level. As a general rule I don't like free 2 play game because of it. But I'm willing to give some a shot.

51. Re: Marvel Heroes Launches Jun 5, 2013, 00:42 Krovven

Axis wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 16:15:
I trash the P2W and DLC generation of Devs and Gamers, greedy devs glad for idiot buyers supporting a *fuck everyone in the ass* model.

No hypocrisy there

You are fucking hillbilly dumbass stupid aren't you? You don't seem to even know what the meaning of hypocrite is.

You support Paths of Exile, and have given them your money. It doesn't matter if you did it while it's still Alpha/Beta. They have a Pay2Win business model that you seem to hate so much. The fact that you don't understand this just goes to show you how fucking dense you really are.

34. Re: Marvel Heroes Launches Jun 4, 2013, 17:29 Krovven

Axis wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 17:19:

1. You have a comprehension problem Krovven.

Nope. But you do.

2. I decided not to play the game when I got over 6 spam 'O M G Last Chance!!' emails begging me to pay a ridiculous price for shit content and limited beta access. It might be decent, I don't know and don't care I'm not going to play it.

So to be clear on the comprehension here...you gave them your email to get info about the game. When you didn't want it any more you didn't press the "unsubscribe" button. You admit you haven't even played the game, yet are trashing it. Did I comprehend correctly?

My first description of hypocrite and ignorance was dead on.

3. You made 3 of the first 10 posts.

I sure did. And they were all discussing the game. Only deviated from that to point out you are a hypocrite, which you have been so kind as to prove yet again.

32. Re: Marvel Heroes Launches Jun 4, 2013, 17:07 Krovven

PropheT wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 16:44:
I'm not "emotional about this shit", I'm just baffled that you can't seem to wrap your head around the idea that some people might not like $85 DLC packs and they could potentially turn people off the game.

I didn't say you were emotional about it, but there have been several posts so far that have been. I'm not being defensive. I hadn't even played the game when I made my first post and had only loaded it for 5min when I made my second post. I have zero investment in the game and want to discuss whether the game is fun to play, not the business model. It's really simple. Don't like it, don't pay it. Personally I have no intention of paying their ridiculous prices, but that doesn't automatically make it a shit game.

Basically every post, other than mine have been about the billing, pricing and general business model of a game you can play for free. Nobody else in the first 10 posts was capable of taking their head out of their ass long enough to judge the game on the game rather than the pricing for something you can just get from drops in-game.

How many characters do you really need? The game has given me 2 already. Most ARPGs have 3-5 total. Outside of any random drops you get, maybe you will buy 1 or 2, which if that's the only money you ever spend, it's still less than the price of many games.

27. Re: Marvel Heroes Launches Jun 4, 2013, 16:11 Krovven

ASeven wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 15:53:
Krovven wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 15:27:
ASeven wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 15:19:
Word is this game is beyond awful.

Elaborate?

Most reactions I've heard can be sumrised in this video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NDa_Gm4X3nQ

So far I've gleaned he's a "huge Marvel fan" cus he watches all the movies (seriously?). He actually liked the 90's horrible Captain America movie. He is ok with pay-to-win in other games but takes issue with the Marvel Heroes pricing. He also has issue with pre-purchaseers getting to play early because everyone should be on "equal pace". After day one, being on equal pace with others goes out the window, so who gives a shit? He seems to like Neverwinter, which I've heard is awful. He says "Hawkeye is a piece of shit hero"? So far, I see no reason to respect anything he has to say. That's 3 min in.

The next 3min he complains about only one thing that might be an issue for me, which is the collision detection, I'll see as I play. He apparently can't figure out the quest system despite there being arrows telling you exactly where to go? How stupid do you have to be?
he goes on to complain about the random chance of getting bonus xp orbs and other hilariously stupid complaints. Everything else he has mentioned are standard to ARPG's. I stopped it there as I've agreed with really nothing up to halfway through the video. I'm not saying the game isn't going to have issues, but I won't be taking your word about the game being "beyond awful" as that's not what I got out of my first 30min at all.

As I get into the game, it may very well not have a long life. We'll see. But seeing as it's free, there is nothing to complain about. If I end up not liking it, I've not lost anything and I move on.

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 2013, 16:16.

6759 Comments. 338 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo