Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 7447 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Preloads
41. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Preloads Apr 8, 2015, 15:43 Krovven

Creston wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 10:21:
60 Gig. Heh. Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say that I'm never gonna download that...

I'd ponder getting the disc version, except it says DVD rom, which would mean it'd be on, what, 10 discs? So I think that's more a box where inside all they have is a download code...

7 Discs according to this

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
4. Re: Diablo III Patched Apr 7, 2015, 22:22 Krovven

Had you not updated the file system at the last patch?

My patch was done in 10min so i doubt it was 10gb if you were up to date. I also had GTA V preloading so it's not like D3 had much bandwidth to use.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2015, 20:11 Krovven

Yea the public statement was that the ratings were low but they weren't actually that low. HBO has been notorious for bailing on shows before they are done. Milch alone has had 3 shows end that way.

Anyways, I don't have a link, it was something I read years ago regarding the head of HBO and Rome was his new baby. He always had a new baby and would divert funds to whatever was his passion at the time. Many shows paid the price.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Apr 7, 2015, 19:55 Krovven

Well while it may be juvenile, they can easily restore toons in non-season.

They also have a point. People have been asking for changes to the Trial system for awhile. Some changes were made before season 2 but it wasn't good enough.
It really is tiresome to do Trials all the time, especially when you can't get a key for the Grifts rank you are actually capable of doing and have to do lesser Grifts to push your key rank.

Pylons also need to be removed from Grifts so it's not about luck spreading out the top of the leaderboards. But they insist on keeping them.

This comment was edited on Apr 7, 2015, 22:26.

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
1. Re: Diablo III Patched Apr 7, 2015, 19:44 Krovven

Enjoyed my Barb in Season 2. Came out of it with gear for Leapquake and Furious Charge builds. Both of which improved with gear I had in non-season.

Tempted to make another Barb in the new season try anew build with the new gear changes.

Did a few runs this afternoon with my DH and got several new drops already.

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed
7. Re: Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed Apr 7, 2015, 19:26 Krovven

Finished The Witcher 2 last week, finally.

I'm excited for Witcher 3 but with GTA V next week, not sure I'll be ready for W3 at launch. Hell it took me this long to get around to W2.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2015, 15:29 Krovven

descender wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 13:30:
They cancelled Deadwood to free up funds to make Rome

This isn't true at all, these shows were aired back-to-back for a time. Deadwood was cancelled because no one was watching it. Same reason Rome was cancelled (and Rome was similarly awesome).

I don't know why people weren't watching these shows... and continue to watch complete shit on other networks. Carnivale too, sigh.... it's like the HBO trail of unfinished tears.

HBO short ordered season 4 (just 6 episodes) and Milch turned them down.

The reason it was short ordered was to free up money for Rome.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2015, 14:19 Krovven

descender wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 13:51:
The community has always been the crux of people enjoying these games, not the gameplay itself.

Your opinion. I don't play games for the communities. I play for the gameplay. I may stop playing because of a community, but I won't start playing a game for the community when I hate the gameplay.

Basically, if HoTS is built around "tagging" npc's for credits, killing npc's to level up, and being able to do that better than you opponent...then I'm not interested.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2015, 13:10 Krovven

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 12:47:
Like I said before, I've always hated MOBA games, but this one is actually enjoyable for me....but I think the gameplay is more fun.

Ok...so for someone else that hates the very foundation of MOBA gameplay, what makes HoTS gameplay fun?

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2015, 15:59 Krovven

MajorD wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 10:19:
Blue wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 09:34:
I'm happy that Mad Men is back, especially with Better Call Saul ending its season tonight. The opening episode was intriguing, but leaves me already unhappy with the plan to end the series with a seven episode arc. This reminds me too much about how they truncated the final season for another favorite show, Boardwalk Empire, which left it feeling a little rushed. On the other hand, AMC already did this once before with Breaking Bad, which didn't seem to cause a problem, so I'll just try to put my concerns aside and enjoy.

Yeah, reminds me of Deadwood HBO series too, which abruptly ended due to lack of renewal. Sigh....

They cancelled Deadwood to free up funds to make Rome...which was nowhere near as good and only lasted 2 seasons.

It's a sad sad shame as it was and still is one of the best shows ever made. Hell On Wheels is an excellent western on AMC but nowhere near the standard Deadwood set. At least it's going to get a proper finale though.

News Comments > etc.
34. Re: etc. Apr 6, 2015, 04:17 Krovven

sdgundamx wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 23:50:
Does no one here find it ironic that a lot of the same people suggesting "it was just a joke" are also the same people who went batshit crazy

Oh ya? Which same people would those be? Sounds like conjecture to me.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 5, 2015, 17:04 Krovven

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 17:00:
Krovven wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 16:56:
You can always put non-Steam shortcuts in Steam, that's nothing new.
Oh I know, I didn't mean it as it's something new, I just meant if the game is cheaper elsewhere you could just add it in as a non steam game.
I know what you mean about the convenience though. I tend to forget about games I got from elsewhere if I have to reinstall the OS.
I ended up buying games on Steam I've already owned from other download places like Gamespot because I forgot about them.

Well part of the thing about not buying games from everywhere that don't link to Steam, is I don't forget about them

I have very few games not in Steam, most being Blizzard games and World of Tanks. But when it comes to convenience, it's all the other features Steam has. Plus when it comes time to reinstall Windows or change hard drives, etc...copying and pasting SteamApps, makes things really easy.

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 5, 2015, 16:56 Krovven

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 16:36:
Preload begins April 7th

Nice hadn't seen that.

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 16:36:
As far as having it on Steam as far as I know it doesn't matter where you got the game from they are all the same versions, needs to be registered with Rockstars own DRM thing.
Kind of how Ubisoft games work that were purchased from Steam.

Yea I know, but I like having my stuff in Steam. It's convenient.

You can always put non-Steam shortcuts in Steam, that's nothing new.

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 5, 2015, 16:22 Krovven

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 15:42:
Just cleared up some space on the SSD... Hopefully they do pre-loading soon. Even though it'd take me less than two hours at full speed, I'm not sure they'll be able to handle so many people downloading so much at once that well.

I happened to see a tweet from GMG last night...but can't find it now. It said they were working with the Publisher on preloads, but they didn't have any answers yet.

Personally I bought on Steam, even though it cost a bit more. I'd rather have it there. Hoping there is a preload...gonna be a clusterfuck if there isn't.

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 5, 2015, 15:27 Krovven

Moog wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 15:15:
Krovven wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 14:52:
Vio wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 14:34:
I got it 50% off in the Christmas sale 2015

That would be impressive if it was true. GTA V PC didn't become available for pre-purchase until mid January.

and Christmas 2015 is still nearly 9 months away

Blah got me there

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 5, 2015, 14:52 Krovven

Vio wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 14:34:
I got it 50% off in the Christmas sale 2015

That would be impressive if it was true. GTA V PC didn't become available for pre-purchase until mid January.

News Comments > etc.
30. Re: etc. Apr 5, 2015, 06:06 Krovven

Squirmer wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 22:55:
Krovven wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 20:04:
Majority of jokes are at the expense of someone in one way or another. They are however jokes. Some in good taste, some in bad. You don't have to laugh.

When do we start to get upset at things that make fun of straight white males?

Probably when straight white males aren't at the top of the food chain and don't have all the life advantages they do now. See, this is what you lot don't seem to understand. The joke in PoE is actually not a joke for people who have to worry about being murdered for being who they are. The perception that transgender people are freaks and you should be ashamed to be with one is the same kind of perception that leads to transgender people being murdered on a fairly regular basis. (And no I'm not saying jokes lead directly to murder, just pointing out why people would find this offensive.)

Again, if you actually can't appreciate that, and you can't understand why people would be upset at jokes like this, you've got real problems empathizing with people.

And why is someone linking an Ace Ventura clip when that demonstrates the point I'm making? Transgender people have been the butt of jokes for a long time. They've had to put up with it. Now they're increasingly speaking out about how upsetting it is, and you straight white males can't deal with it. Who exactly has the thin skin here, you hypocrites?

You do realize that just being a straight white male doesn't give someone a free pass in life. Irish, Polish, Jewish, Catholic and every other nationality and religion are targets for jokes and have been for ever. People laugh and make jokes at each other, and yes sadly people kill each other too...not limited to hatred over sexuality.

When you can't laugh or just plain ignore something so small and not make a big public spectacle over it, that's where the problem starts, which leads to the fighting, which leads to the hatred.

I don't seem to recall saying transgendered people were freaks. I never said anything about them at all, as I have no prejudice towards them, or anyone else of different race, gender or religion.

But I do have issue with pompous asses that think their problems are so important that they need to publicly play the victim over someones silly joke. So maybe take your hostile bullshit somewhere else.

My post had nothing to do with gender, race or otherwise. The problem is with people that overreact to little things that offend them.

News Comments > etc.
21. Re: etc. Apr 4, 2015, 20:04 Krovven

Squirmer wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 19:20:
Saboth wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 15:39:
I'm not sure how this is a "transphobic" joke.

The man intended to have sex with a woman. The woman was a man pretending to be a woman.
How are you this oblivious. It's a joke at transgender people's expense, and if I were a transgender woman I would find this joke really offensive too. Not only does it deny transgender people's identity (hello what even is gender), it also implies that suicide is preferable to intimacy with those transgender freaks. If you can't see how that's offensive you've got a serious empathy deficiency.

Majority of jokes are at the expense of someone in one way or another. They are however jokes. Some in good taste, some in bad. You don't have to laugh.

When do we start to get upset at things that make fun of straight white males?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer
37. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer Apr 2, 2015, 16:10 Krovven

DangerDog wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 15:08:
Watch GTA V at 60FPS in a video that's playing at 30FPS.

Uhh, see how it lists "60" after the resolution options for the video? Every noticed that on YouTube? It means the video is running at 60fps, not 30 fps.

News Comments > DiRT 3 Collection "With 100% Less GFWL"
3. Re: DiRT 3 Collection Apr 2, 2015, 01:13 Krovven

Darks wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 18:28:
How about removing GFWL from Op Flashpoint Red River?

Just a wild guess, but I'm thinking Op Flashpoint is a dead IP while Dirt series isn't and I believe they already have Dirt 4 on the way. If Dirt 3 MP wasn't updated that would piss off many people that may skip the next game.

7447 Comments. 373 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo