Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6795 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 10, 2013, 13:23 Krovven

LEGO Lord of the Rings on sale for $7.50 on Steam...looks good. I didn't realize it was open world. And LEGO Marvel Heroes, want that too...so tempting...or do I wait for the holiday sales...

Would kinda prefer to have them on PS3 though.

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 2013, 14:25.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Activision Blizzard's Financials - WoW at 7.6M Subs
49. Re: Activision Blizzard's Financials - WoW at 7.6M Subs Nov 9, 2013, 14:26 Krovven

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 7, 2013, 23:55:
In an MMO RPG like wow your skills rarely matter because it's based on level/equipment/stats/skilltree and how much time you invest. Everything is passively determined all you have to do is get the right gear/skills/stat points then everything lines up.

You are absolutely clueless. There is no denying that the story questing process is designed for casual players and nothing wrong with that. Gear at this point is not a factor. The gear you get from quests will allow you to finish this content easily, regardless of skill.

But once you reach max level, gear does become a factor but only to be able to participate in raids. No doubt about it. But to suggest that is all that matters...just makes you sound like a moron that has no clue what they are talking about. There is a a large variety of skill amongst WoW players and I'll take a better skilled player over a better geared player every time when it comes to a WoW raid. You don't just push a few buttons and win because you have the gear that allows you to participate in the content. Anyone that has done "hardcore" raiding in WoW knows this.

Crawl back into the hole you came from, troll.

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Trailer
28. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Trailer Nov 8, 2013, 14:23 Krovven

People need to accept that things change. The Mystic in RoS does not function the same way it did in beta and it wasn't working well, so it was removed to focus dev time elsewhere. This is how things work.

Just like the stupid pets that many here bitched about when they were removed from beta. They performed a redundant function when compared to Pickup Radius, and were removed. People bitched. Reality...nobody missed them at all.

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Trailer
14. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Trailer Nov 8, 2013, 04:04 Krovven

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 7, 2013, 22:08:
I would go back to the game if they brought back random levels. SO frustrating.

Pretty sure I've read that Act V will have random outdoor areas, not just dungeons.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 7, 2013, 21:01 Krovven

The point is that when compared to a mouse, touch is intuitive for the average person, whether they have used a mouse or not, and played games before or not. That is the point of the quote you referenced.

I don't like most touch games (there are a few exceptions though) and I find touch control to mostly be inaccurate. But I am extremely adept at using a mouse. Most people are not and are going to find touch games more accessible.

45. Re: Activision Blizzard's Financials - WoW at 7.6M Subs Nov 7, 2013, 16:13 Krovven

Primal, I think you are misunderstanding my meaning and the difference between challenge from good design and challenge due to poor design, bugs and bloated numbers.

I'll try and explain it another way...EQ's raids were challenging for all the wrong reasons. If you take away the buggy engine, and take away the bloated health of the bosses, the boss fights were an absolute joke. Almost every boss fight was the exact same. Tank gets the boss to face a corner, clerics chain heal rotation, everyone else hits the back of the boss. Rinse repeat. Once you could do that on one boss, you could beat 95% of the bosses in the game with little effort. They required player numbers, and time, not skill.

Most WoW boss fights require valid strategy to overcome the bosses abilities and fight mechanics in any given fight. Being able to defeat one boss, or even a dozens bosses, does not mean you can walk in and defeat every boss.

42. Re: Activision Blizzard's Financials - WoW at 7.6M Subs Nov 7, 2013, 12:35 Krovven

Primal, you are way overstating the difficulty of EQ. Breaking into Hate or even Fear was only difficult because it was so fucking buggy that it would chain aggro half the zone if someone stepped the wrong way.

Once they fixed (mostly) those problems it was no longer an issue to the extent it was before.

Most of the raids were also only difficult because of the bloated health on the bosses requiring 60-100 people, and had nothing to do with boss fight design. Most boss fights came down to 1-3 tanks, 3-5 clerics on healing rotation on those tanks and everyone else at standing there dealing damage for 15-45minutes. Yawn.

I played EQ for 4+ years and have many fond memories. But I completed all of the raids from classic EQ up to and including most of Planes of Power and looking back, most of it was a massive waste of time. Spending hours doing raid to get 2-4 pieces of gear to distribute to 60-80 raiders...fucking stupid.

41. Re: Activision Blizzard's Financials - WoW at 7.6M Subs Nov 7, 2013, 12:11 Krovven

Lorcin, the change to the old zones in Cataclysm was a free update to all players. Get your facts straight before slinging shit.

Taskeen, you seem to be attributing EQ gameplay to WoW. If you just stood there watching your character swing his weapon during a dungeon or raid, you died and possibly even wiped everyone. A shitty player plays the way you describe, guess we know how you played.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 7, 2013, 11:52 Krovven

Loved my 3DO! Need For Speed, Killing Time, Bladeforce, Cannon Fodder, Space Hulk...so many others.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 6, 2013, 22:20 Krovven

You'd be amazed at how many people struggle with a mouse even after years of using one. I've even worked with graphic designers that use the keyboard more than a mouse (raised on 1 button Mac mouse). It's ridiculous.

For many of us, it's an extension of our hand and operates almost as if our mind is controlling it directly. Others still struggle with getting the mouse cursor to go where they want it to go.

2. Re: Activision Blizzard's Financials - WoW at 7.6M Subs Nov 6, 2013, 19:38 Krovven

Seems Pandaland is the WoW killer. As with every expansion I broke down and bought it. Burning Crusade brought me back for 4-6 months over two sessions months apart. WoTLK had me back for the longest period of all, about a year and a half. Cataclysm was 3-4 months over two sessions months apart. Pandaria I didn't last a month. I leveled to 90 (I think) and didn't even last 1 month. I literally hit max level and didn't log in again except to clear my mailbox before my 1 month sub expired.

For the first time in years, the other day I actually deleted the WoW folder off my hard drive. I had always kept a copy to keep my Ui mods there and so I didn't have to download the game again.

It would take a pretty amazing expansion to bring me back.

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Nov 6, 2013, 10:18 Krovven

Still hate this new setup by Humble. It's been a pain in the ass to gift these games. Sharing the link was my error and I gave AC to 2 people by accident. So now having to get the other person that already owned AC to give me the link to give to someone else.

Would be better to have the games goto inventory as tradable items. Would be a happy medium. Serials can't be resold and we can still gift the games easily to friends.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Nov 6, 2013, 00:52 Krovven

Sent Arkham City to a friend and he tried to redeem it. Hasn't shown up on his Humble account and he hasn't received an email. He tried again to redeem it and it says it has already been redeemed.

New system sucks. Copy and pasting the serials to friends was so much simpler.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Nov 3, 2013, 17:33 Krovven

As clearly noted in the leaked email...Valve doesn't set the prices, so they are not to blame if the discounts aren't up to your standard.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Steam offline mode Nov 2, 2013, 00:44 Krovven

I'm rank 92, almost 93 according to the social club stats. Crazy since just a few days ago I was level 80. Leveling is not slow, as I've been trying to focus on making money and not RP. I noticed I seem to be gaining RP today just sitting idle while I had a bounty on my head. Despite all the problems I think the game is great and hope it just gets better after they can focus on tweaking gameplay and adding more content.

And yes, press and hold Select (PS3) or Back (360) to access additional functions. You will use this a lot, so learn it early. One of the best features...You can quick set waypoints without having to pause and open the map. This is great during missions as the first option after None will be the Objective. This can be particularly useful if the target is moving. You set your voice chat in here, vehicle access, share money, eat snacks (to heal), change some clothing and more.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2013, 15:52 Krovven

Verno wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 15:34:
Thanks for the info. I'm still pretty low, I just hated all of the waiting between things to start so that sorta sapped my desire to play. I need to find some activities that are fast to hop in and out of to do some grinding.

Survivals (level 15 required) are good entertainment, good RP and good Payout. plus you will raise your shooting skill like crazy. You are getting RP for every kill you get, plus a few thousand more for finishing and 20k (wave 10). Doing coop jobs with PUGS can be hit and miss. Races, if you can finish in the top few players is good fast RP and $$. Parachuting solo, most takes between 1 and 2 minutes and give decent RP.

I tend to start my sessions off by selling a car for 5-9k, then do Survival or two to get access to a Mini-gun and RPG. Then I'll do random things. If I get a good coop job, or see someone else hosting one, I'll join. Armored trucks are a big target right now as you can get 50k in 15-20min if you can chain them. Then sell another car, go after a Crate Drop, do a Gang Attack, go after one of the cars Simeon texts me for, or even the one that shows up green on the map, or try and stop another player from delivering it. Somewhere in there I inevitably get into a brief battle with a player or two and if it's not not coming to it's own end, I'll just take a mission to get out of the area.

Don't focus on doing just 1 thing. Mix it up...I've levelled up like crazy...but granted I've had a lot of time to play in the last month.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2013, 15:40 Krovven

As a side note, I have found it rather amusing how whiney the cheaters are. I was driving along waiting for Armored Trucks to spawn (one of the best ways to make money currently if you can get a nice string of spawns). I drive by some guy in his Entity, I keep going, but I see him turn around and come after me. I throw a Sticky on the road and slam on the breaks, watch for him as he come to the intersection towards me...boom, blow him and his car up.

Then he goes apeshit in voice chat, whining how I just blew up his car that he just had duped and can't get back, swearing at me, trying to tell everyone to vote-kick me, etc. Meanwhile I have driven tot he other side of downtown and he places a 9k bounty on me. I've got to get going and was going to log soon anyways to get ready to go away for the weekend. So I drive into the subway system from the river tunnel and stop in the tunnel right below where the LS Customs is in Vinewood Hills.

So everyone is going after the red dot bounty for the 9k, killing one another over it. A big battle with about 10 players was going on with a tank or two (I could hear the tank fire above me). It was freaking hilarious! So this guy jaykilla420 is all pissed off because nobody can find me, they are all too stupid to figure out that I'm in the subway tunnels below them. I went afk, checking back in so I didnt get idle kicked, packed my bags, took a shower, etc and go tready to leave. I even sent a mugger after him, just to torment him some more...funny shit. After 45min or so I got the 9k bounty

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2013, 15:29 Krovven

This is all the info that is known about what's coming. Rockstar newswire updates

And no don't expect Heists in 1.05.

Beach Bum (free) DLC is expected early Nov...will probably end up being late November seeing as they can't keep a single stated timeline thus far.

If you are low level, you are likely unable to be able to do Heists anyways as Heists are expected to be for higher levels. Plenty of coop jobs, races, survivals, parachuting, etc etc to do in the meantime. It doesn't take much to level up if you don't waste time in freeroam.

19. Re: Steam offline mode Nov 1, 2013, 15:16 Krovven

Not sure where else to post this, so feel free to pass it on...

GTA Online 1.05 patch delayed until next week now.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200331378

Currently, we expect the next title update (1.05) addressing player progress loss issues to be available sometime early next week. Following that, we hope to deliver everyone’s GTA$ Stimulus Package before the end of next week. A big thank you to GTA Online players worldwide for your continued patience and understanding and we will continue to keep you all updated.

Cheating and glitching for vehicles & money is getting out of control. I can only hope this is dealt with, with the 1.05 patch, otherwise the game is going to be an absolute mess in a couple weeks.

I was labelled a Bad Sport the other day for destroying 4 player vehicles in 3 hours. 1 of which was a crew vehicle that was destroyed by accident. Listening to all the cheaters brag about their exploits (Tanks, Jets, car duping and selling, etc) in the Bad Sport freeroam is absolutely ridiculous. Made even more ridiculous that legit players are segregated from their friends and crew and forced to play with these people after playing normally but just destroying a few player vehicles over the course of several hours.

This comment was edited on Nov 1, 2013, 15:22.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
50. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 31, 2013, 22:39 Krovven

Asmo wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 19:34:
Ceribaen wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 10:36:
Seeing as how my PS3 does DLNA and music playing and such. I think I'll wait for these features to be re-enabled before buying.

Basically by removing them, I've seen quite a few people like me looking at their ps3 and deciding there's no reason to upgrade in the near future.

Bingo, my PS3 only get's used occasionally for games, but mostly for media serving. PS3 media server + PS3 + 1 gig wired network + bluetooth remote control = very easy, very reliable media server...

I'm not sure why people are so blasé about chopping out features which really create a rounded system which increases it's value. I already have 3 computers in the computer room(mine, wife, son), a server & a PS3, I don't want to add a media PC to the collection if I replace the 3 with a 4...

If you basically never play games on your PS3, then there is no reason to upgrade to a PS4, regardless of whether it has media streaming or not.

If you just want a fully feature media sharing device, there are other options that are much cheaper than a PS4.

6795 Comments. 340 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo