Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6810 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
36. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2013, 13:27 Krovven

Cutters comment that I took issue with was that all the vendors were "dialing in the sales" this year. If he had not added this ignorant comment I probably wouldn't have replied in the first place. But I replied with the factual info to prove his statement wrong, that no, sales were not being "dialed in" and many prices were the cheapest some games had yet been.

Today his comment is that maybe it's too soon for the games on his wishlist to go on too big of a discount. Now we have some logic setting in. If only he had said that in the first place...

Looking at his Wishlist, there are several games that he could have or could still get at their cheapest prices. 2 of which were on sale yesterday, were both noted as being the cheapest they had yet been...yet he did not buy them.

I haven't bought anything this sale yet myself, but I have my own reasons for it. My computer is getting too old to handle some games (that's why they are at the bottom of my Wishlist instead of already purchased). Also because I haven't been working, because I have tons of other un-played games, and I've set a budget of what's in my Steam Wallet (roughly $10 - more cards more money). So I'm being picky. But I don't think the sales have been bad. I probably could have spent $50 already if I had a decent computer and was working.

We also knew 3 months ago from the leaked email, that the Autumn Sale and the Xmas Sale would be the same prices. With the Xmas Sale being longer, we'd probably just see more games participating in the Daily and Flash sales.

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2013, 13:50.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
38. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2013, 04:54 Krovven

While I'm not opposed to player versus player interactions, it is possible to make a game that penalizes players for straight up griefing. Without some major deterrence, most players will simply devolve to shoot first PvP instead of working together. So I think we are saying the same thing.

My understandings of the current games in this genre, they do not provide an incentive for cooperation.

Something that would be a lot of fun, is if a player loses their humanity with each player they kill, becoming weaker each time, eventually becoming a monster themselves and playing as that monster until they are killed. There would need to be more to it, providing a way for players to gain humanity by peacefully interacting with players, etc.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Dec 22, 2013, 02:54 Krovven

Even better is the MS tweet linked in the comments of that PS image...

http://cdn.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/VMPQKBm.jpg

MS attempted to tweet a fake question for their support to answer and forgot to change accounts.

News Comments > On Sale
26. Re: On Sale Dec 21, 2013, 21:12 Krovven

Fibrocyte wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 21:07:
Dev wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 20:31:
Fibrocyte wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 20:17:
Dev wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 19:47:
Incidentally, at $12 with coupon, that makes it lowest ever for the lego marvel game.

Where has Dev been?
Hey, thanks for noticing

Been busy with life stuff. I still often read blues, I just can't always find the time to read the comments (yes I generally read all of them in a thread when I'm interested in responding) and respond.

You typically don't complain when you make comments and you come across as intelligent. That's why I noticed your absence (or reduction in post frequency).

Howard and Raj bromance budding here?

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
12. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 21, 2013, 21:08 Krovven

Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 19:18:
I'm not a kook

Yes, yes you are.

Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 19:18:
you're just a self-centered, greedy prick. Learn the difference asshole.

The difference between you being a kook and him being a self centered greedy prick? You make zero sense. Which I suppose is normal for you.

News Comments > On Sale
36. Re: On Sale Dec 21, 2013, 15:44 Krovven

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 13:18:
Paranoid Jack wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 12:24:
That Worth A Buy? video nails it. Subscribed.

Yep, game is a piece of shit

Yep that video saved me from wasting money. I've removed Nether from my Wishlist. I bought State of Decay during the Autumn Sale, but it runs like crap on my system. So I can't even speak for how that survival game is. The minimum specs they list, really shouldn't be the minimum specs.

Between WarZ, Infestation, DayZ and now Nether...the idea of a good/fun survival zombie game is beginning to look like it won't happen. I'd like something between Dead Island and DayZ gameplay wise, without microtransactions, without player griefing...the first to do it, will get my money.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March
52. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 21, 2013, 15:35 Krovven

Undocumented Alien wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 14:57:
You didn't mention the weird leashing that goes on with the coop, you get too far from another player and you're teleported over to them which is really jarring. I wish it had more leeway, my fiance was having a lot of trouble with that.

Wow, yet another bad design decision by Acti-Blizz for D3. Why would you not go with a split-screen for this type of game? They have a blind captain at the helm of their ship...

I've been playing Grim Dawn early access lately and feel like its the most promising ARPG yet, it hits all the right notes. It is far from completion unfortunately, at least a year or two off at this rate.

We should be getting Act 2 of GD within a month.

Because splitting the screen 4 times would be a retarded way to play. From videos I've seen the warping when coop people get separated is easily dealt with by staying together, which you are supposed to do anyways. And if you are playing local coop, you can simply talk to the person if you need to go back to pick something up, etc. This is a non-issue if you are playing online.

While I had hoped Grim Dawn ($35 pledge) wouldn't suffer from the same problems that Titan Quest did, it does. The combat is stiff and rather bland. I've shelved it for now and will give it another chance when Act 2 comes out.

I've installed PoE to give it another chance, as it's been a long time (a year or two) since I tried it. I found the combat to be even worse than Grim Dawn. I don't like the skill tree and I don't like all the currency types that take up inventory slots. I'll give it another go, as combat look a lot better, but I'm skeptical.

I've been trying the Van Helsing game lately, and it plays fairly well, but there seems to be zero variation in combat. I didn't appreciate that the Arcane Mage and Thaumaturge class gear was dropping when I didn't own the the DLC for those classes. I had intended to buy them during the Autumn Sale (or the week before when they had a sale on the game), but they screwed the pooch both times and did not discount the DLC. Now that the DLC is on sale, after a lot of people complaining to them, I really don't care and have uninstalled the game.

Torchlight 2...I can't get into it for some reason. I can't explain why. I really enjoyed Torchlight...but was it because there was absolutely no competition at the time?

D3 combat is still the best of all the ARPG's I've played in recent years. High difficulty random coop games have been excellent, when most online games these days are just filled with assholes.

I've been playing D3 again with a friend in Hardcore and having a blast. Just finished Normal...on to Nightmare. I've also checked out the D3 2.0 PTR patch, and it's looking good. I'll be all over Reaper of Souls....now if only they'd send me a beta invite.

News Comments > On Sale
7. removed Dec 21, 2013, 14:33 Krovven

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Dec 22, 2013, 08:23.

News Comments > Steam Gifting/Trading Region Locks
10. Re: Steam Gifting/Trading Region Locks Dec 20, 2013, 15:09 Krovven

It's kinda hard to blame them from trying to protect their products. But this is one game that has been tagged, let's not freak out over it. Region blocking is nothing new to Steam. The fact that people were able to work around it for many years now, was a bonus.

Using the Chrome Steam Extension, everyone can see that Russian prices are generally 50% less than the US price (despite idiots here blindly posting otherwise and quickly correcting themselves). Some people take advantage of that, ruining it for others.

Take a visit to the Steam Trading forums...there are MANY users that have hundreds/thousands of games in their inventories they are re-selling.

News Comments > CONSORTIUM Next Month
5. Re: CONSORTIUM Next Month Dec 19, 2013, 19:51 Krovven

Asmo wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 19:30:
Valve: "Please don't release a new game during our attempts to sell Left4Dead 2 kthx..."

L4D and L4D2 are my two most played games, behind Civ5, with Skyrim quickly closing the gap considering I just got it a month ago. http://steamcommunity.com/id/krovven/games?tab=all

L4D Versus mode is a lot of fun. Many of us from Blues have a lot of hours playing together. It's a nice change from straight deathmatch shooters. Playing as Infected is the draw for me. Games can vary from slowly beating down the Survivors, killing one off at a time, or getting a quick killing blow with everyone getting their targets.

There are a lot of people in pub games though that really do Rage, blaming everyone and they are usually the problem. Sometimes the enemy team is just really good. But yea, people Rage. Exit>Quick Match is a good way to find a better game.

News Comments > CONSORTIUM Next Month
4. Re: CONSORTIUM Next Month Dec 19, 2013, 19:42 Krovven

Yea, don't want to release when people are looking to spend their money...

Depending on price, I may have grabbed it. I missed out on the Kickstarter and had voted for it on Greenlight.

News Comments > Dying Light Nighttime Trailer
12. Re: Dying Light Nighttime Trailer Dec 18, 2013, 07:05 Krovven

I enjoyed DI and DI Riptide. Far from perfect, but they got the melee combat fun enough for me. I'm interested in Dying Light and also Hellraid, both look like a stupid amount of fun.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 18, 2013, 02:51 Krovven

Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 22:55:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 20:20:
Got it on Steam on a sale long long ago - got it for free on Vita (season 1) - I'll wait for the same....

How? Did they have it on PS Plus and I missed it?

Vita bundle.

I'm really looking forward to the next season of Walking Dead...but I'll wait till all the chapters are out. I don't think I'd have enjoyed it as much if I had to take long breaks between each episode, I'm playing for the story, not the gameplay.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
36. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 16, 2013, 01:49 Krovven

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 00:23:
http://store.steampowered.com/feeds/weeklytopsellers.xml

Now that I'm looking at it, I don't see Dragon Age on there anywhere? Wasteland 2 is #3 and it goes on down the rest as shown in the post except with CS:GO at the end. Weird.

It shows Dragon Age at #3 for me at that link. I wonder if it's region related.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
35. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 16, 2013, 01:47 Krovven

Domgrief wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 00:09:
jacobvandy wrote on Dec 15, 2013, 21:30:
Nope... How many times must it be explained that these Top 10 lists are based on weekly revenue flowing through Steam?

Probably about once for everyone who visits the comments of a "Steam Top 10" post here, then wonders how it all works. I certainly can't see it documented anywhere except in forum footnotes, and that's for Valve's "Top Sellers" list and may not be exactly the same as whichever report Blue is looking at.

It says right at the top of the news feed. http://store.steampowered.com/feeds/weeklytopsellers.xml

"The top selling games on Steam by revenue for the week"

News Comments > MechWarrior Online's $500 Gold Mechs
39. Re: MechWarrior Online's $500 Gold Mechs Dec 14, 2013, 22:44 Krovven

They have every right to try this business model. The problem is the people that buy into it.

Not interested in MechWarrior Online or any other game that does this kind of thing.

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: On Sale Dec 14, 2013, 22:29 Krovven

Blue wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 10:10:
nin wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 00:37:
Prez wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 00:30:
It's fairly new but I get the feeling the middling reviews hurt sales.

Whole team got axed.

Is our slightly klugy search system the reason when things like this come up that people end up referring to stories on other sites rather than when it was reported here? I see it happen fairly often, so I'm thinking this is something I should concern myself with.

Unfortunately I think that is true. I rarely use the Blues Search itself. But honestly, that's more a product of Google and Chrome. I just do a search right to my address bar rather than use just about any websites own search, except forums. Throw the website name into that topic search and I get what I want from a specific site.

You are an aggregate site after all. You are usually referencing to other websites in your briefs.

This comment was edited on Dec 14, 2013, 22:49.

20. Re: Saturday Consolidation Dec 14, 2013, 22:15 Krovven

robdot wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 18:44:
Yea, your right.its my fault my grandkids don't give a fuck about some movie, from the fucking 70"s. You know what else they didn't watch? That 70"s show. You know what else they don't give a fuck about? Mario, Zelda, or Nintendo.

Calm down there gramps. Don't take it so personally. I wasn't trying to insult you.

If your grandkids don't know Star Wars, have never seen it, etc...sit down and watch it with them. That's what we are supposed to do. Introduce them to to great things that they weren't around for. There is the Star Wars animated series, there is more coming out, even a live action show on Netflix is coming...and oh yea, more movies within a year and a half. *Hopefully they are better than Ep I-III.*

If they have and don't care, kids like different things, from different era's. There are plenty of people out there that don't like Star Wars, I'm sure you'd find a few on here too. Hell, while Mario holds a special place in my past...I haven't cared about a Mario or Zelda game since SNES days. Blasphemy to some. I'd play them, but I'm not willing to buy a console I don't like just to play them.

8. Re: Saturday Consolidation Dec 14, 2013, 17:02 Krovven

robdot wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 15:28:
The world has moved on from Mario and Zelda.your not gonna move consoles by bundling an old Zelda title. My grandkids could not care less about Zelda, or Mario, they barely even know who that is. My grandkids have never seen, Star Wars, they don't know who yoda is. Or Luke. Or Han Solo.

That would be your fault for not showing it to them.

Nintendo needs to stop making hardware and sell their games on other platforms.

The Wii was a joke and they just managed to sucker millions of mom's into buying the system. Then they never bought any more games. Third-party attach rate to the Wii was horrendous. This is why third parties aren't making games for the Wii U.

Personally I hope the Wii U crashes and burns so Nintendo will put their games out on other platforms that I actually want to use.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Early Access This Week
19. Re: Wasteland 2 Early Access This Week Dec 13, 2013, 17:42 Krovven

Lord Tea wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 08:52:
On a side note: The Beta is absolutely unplayable on my 2009 Dell laptop (i7 quad @ 1.6 GHz, Radeon HD5400, 4 Gb RAM), the fps is down to ~5, on lowest settings, 1680/1050. I doubt there will be a quantum leap in performance for the final version, so this game is going to need a pretty decent machine to run smoothly.

You aren't even close to minimum specs currently listed on Steam for the beta. "Processor: Dual Core 3.0GHz or equivalent processor "

Dual core 3.0GHz...jesus. They better get that toned down to at least 2.0. Absolutely ridiculous that an overhead turn based RPG would need a 3.0GHz processor at this point.

At my $15 backing, waiting for final release, and hope it's playable on my aging machine.

6810 Comments. 341 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo