Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6864 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale (1)
6. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 12:50 Krovven

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:48:
panbient wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:45:
That and I got #10 like three times in a row hahaha
Just sell it on the market and buy the one your are missing.
Those cards will disappear from your account tomorrow

Uhhm, why would they disappear from his account? The Summer Sale cards are still available on the Market, which means they are still in peoples inventories.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed
18. Re: Into the Black Jan 2, 2014, 12:43 Krovven

Mad Max RW wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:39:
NegaDeath wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:37:
Techie714 wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:33:
Say that to the owners of "Order of war" that Steam removed from the owners library...Granted it was a crap game that nobody really played but still.

That didn't happen. Read the Forbes article you linked all the way to the end, they made a mistake and made a correction at the bottom. The game is still available on Steam.

How dare you read! Next thing you know it will become contagious and fewer people will cry about NOTHING. And then where will this place be?

At the time the original Forbes article was published, Order of War was not on Steam, period. So unless people went back to the article, they would not have seen the update. And Techie didn't link to the article, that I can see, he just referenced it.

16. Re: Into the Black Jan 2, 2014, 12:38 Krovven

Techie714 wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:33:
NegaDeath wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:31:
NamecaF wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:25:
That's what I've been saying for ages. This whole move from physical to digital where you dont own anything but rather are loaned a license which can be taken away at whim is one of the worst things to happen to gaming in recent years. Convenience is great, but at what cost?

Noone is "losing their games". These titles are being taken off the market, anyone who purchased them is still free to play them.

Say that to the owners of "Order of war" that Steam removed from the owners library...Granted it was a crap game that nobody really played but still.

Order of War isn't a Steam thing though, it's a SquareEnix thing. Edit: I see it's been updated and back on Steam, thanks for the info Nega.

SquareEnix has to be laughing right now. People that don't know the difference are slinging their shit at Steam, instead of them. This is not going to be something unique to Steam, now or in the future.

This comment was edited on Jan 2, 2014, 12:44.

3. Re: Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed Jan 2, 2014, 11:30 Krovven

What kind of stupid ass licensing agreement was signed that they couldn't continue selling existing products beyond the expiration of that deal? Nevermind, who greenlit making a game for release months before the end of that deal. Could you imagine if Fox or Sony could simply no longer sell their licensed IP based movies after the rights reverted back to Marvel?

News Comments > World of Warcraft Pricing Survey
14. Re: World of Warcraft Pricing Survey Jan 2, 2014, 11:24 Krovven

You miss the point. Multi boxers more often than not degraded the gaming experience for others around them. Just because a few people were good at multi boxing or a few people enjoyed the challenge of dealing with multi boxers, hundreds of thousands of people were adversely effected by them whether it be an instance, raid, BG, or just the detrimental effect reselling characters has on the game.

As a multi boxer that already stated how you were effected by the change, I don't expect you to understand at all. Doesn't mean much to me anyways as I haven't played in a long time not do I plan to.

This comment was edited on Jan 2, 2014, 15:53.

12. Re: World of Warcraft Pricing Survey Jan 2, 2014, 00:14 Krovven

Frags4Fun wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 20:54:
They haven't sent this to any of my accounts but maybe it's because I have been off since last March when they boned all the multiboxers by not warning us that they were killing multiboxing in randoms. They snuck in the change before any of us could cancel our alt accounts. The damned patch came a day or two after I was billed. Bastards! I was steaming mad. I sent them several nasty messages expressing my dissatisfaction. Their company can crash and burn for all I care.

The removal of /follow in instances and BGs was a great change that improved the game. I fucking hated people that multi boxed in BGs and instances. They were a pain in the ass to play with and play against. In instances they were never as good as having a real person controlling one character. And in BGs it opened up way too many exploits. It also hurt people leveling characters to sell.

So I have zero sympathy for those that were effected by the change. If you stopped playing a game because you couldn't multi box, then I doubt nobody misses you.

3. Re: World of Warcraft Pricing Survey Jan 1, 2014, 13:27 Krovven

Interesting that I haven't received this email, yet.

Not really interested in WoW anymore, even with a new expansion. I played Pandaland for less than a month, got my Death Knight to lvl 90 in the quest areas and never bothered to log in again.

News Comments > GOG.com Drops Fallout Games
8. Re: GOG.com Drops Fallout Games Jan 1, 2014, 13:25 Krovven

panbient wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 13:17:
Krovven wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 12:48:
Curious to see what is done with the Fallout games on Steam...if they just change the Publisher to Bethesda or if they get removed as well.

They're still on sale as of right now, and still list Interplay as the publisher. Who knows how long that will last though.

I'm aware of this...which is why I posted that I was curious to see what is done...

News Comments > New Year's Consolidation
4. Re: 60 bucks for a year-old game Jan 1, 2014, 12:52 Krovven

Blue posted this story yesterday, did it really warrant posting again?

See my comments there, if you care.

Simple answer...don't buy it if you don't want it.

News Comments > GOG.com Drops Fallout Games
6. Re: GOG.com Drops Fallout Games Jan 1, 2014, 12:48 Krovven

Curious to see what is done with the Fallout games on Steam...if they just change the Publisher to Bethesda or if they get removed as well.

News Comments > On Sale
22. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2014, 00:27 Krovven

Pogo is owned by EA and is their "casual" game site. Why you would have to register there for Mass Effect I have no idea, and why it has anything to do with Origin or buying Mass Effect on Steam...makes absolutely no sense.

News Comments > New Year's Eve Consolidation
17. Re: Tomb Raider producer defends $60 Definitive Edition Dec 31, 2013, 22:19 Krovven

killer_roach wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 21:33:
Fletch wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 18:52:
Would it have been that hard to slap an emulator chip onto the mainboard that kicks in whenever a PS3 game is inserted?

Yes, actually. By moving from Cell to AMD Jaguar, Sony is dealing with a slower CPU now with the PS4 (from the perspective of floating point - the PS4 is faster in integer calculations). They'd effectively have to put the PS3's CPU (and likely GPU) onto the PS4 mainboard, which would be a considerable cost increase in terms of manufacturing as well as drawing more power and making it that much more difficult to dissipate heat. Even in the case of Microsoft's consoles, where it's a bit more straightforward, eight x86 cores at 1.75GHz simply aren't going to have the grunt to emulate three physical PPC cores (six virtual) at 3.2GHz.

I don't really understand everyones obsession with having consoles be backwards compatible. There have been very very few consoles that have featured backwards compatibility, and all it does it increase production and support costs.

16. Re: Tomb Raider producer defends $60 Definitive Edition Dec 31, 2013, 22:16 Krovven

saluk wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 21:19:
Fletch wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 18:52:
^lol

And I don't see how improved graphics is an incentive for people to spend another $60 on a game they've already played on PS3, but I guess it does allow new console owners to somewhat rationalize buying the thing. I wish developer mouthpieces would quit including it in their bullet points, though. It's the gameplay, stupid.

My theory is that this is just an excuse to recoup some of the costs on a game that sold *dismally*. I do find it funny how they keep talking this re-release up like it's actually been updated at all, and yet never mention any gameplay enhancements. I'm curious how many actual man-hours went into this port, beyond the typical porting process. My theory - none.

So porting to a new console has zero man hours? /boggle I'm not defending their price, but you contradict yourself. This is standard fare and nothing new. Re-release a game on a new console and jack the price to get early adopters. I'm surprised they have even bothered to up the graphics.

And Tomb Raider didn't sell "dismally". Some idiot at SquareEnix had forecasted the game would sell 6 million copies in it's first month, when no other Tomb Raider game had sold anywhere close to that. 3.4 Million in the first month is an amazing number for this and the majority of games. In-fact this Tomb Raider game has been the fastest and best selling Tomb Raider game in the entire series.

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2013, 22:03 Krovven

Suppa7 wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 21:50:
Fletch wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 17:02:
GOG seems intent on me owning every game they sell by including games I don't want with games I do want in these combo deals. It's cheaper to buy the whole combo than the individual game or two I want from it.

I know it's bizarre. I wanted to pick up DRM free Strike zero /w dlc, I uncheck Independence war and the price skyrockets. Like WTF gog, learn how to do sales.

It's like they got no business sense at all their at gog. Why don't they try to make a client with no DRM with all the perks of stam but treating gamers with respect? I'd go for that.

Or you could get it on Steam for $6.79. It has been $3 on Steam, back in July. But Steam is so evil! Even at $10, it's still half off the GoG regular price and comes with several other games.

Yea GoG is treating their customers with disrespect...offering bundles that are 75% off. Such assholes. /sarcasm

Are you ever happy with anything?

8. Re: New Year's Eve Consolidation Dec 31, 2013, 14:52 Krovven

If you find something like that, please post it. In their official FAQ it states...

Q: What happens to the games and DLC I downloaded free through a PS Plus membership, and I decide to not renew my membership?
A: You will not be able to access free games downloaded with Plus if you choose not to renew your membership. However, if you decide to re-activate your membership, you will once again be able to play all games downloaded from the Instant Game Collection.

Playstation Plus FAQ

To add: Sleeping Dogs has already been free to PS+ members at the beginning of 2013(unfortunately I missed it) and Guardians may have been, but it definitely was for Euro PS+ folks earlier this year.

News Comments > Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record
87. Re: Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record Dec 31, 2013, 11:34 Krovven

BitWraith wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 10:57:
ASeven wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 09:12:
Also we now have this worrying news.

Seems unfair for them to focus so much on Steam in that article, when they do say that the servers were shut down.

The broader conversation seems to be about "ownership", which is a good conversation to have. The shift in that idea is not necessarily the fault of Valve.

Complaints should be geared towards SquareEnix for not patching the game to keep the single player game playable. It's as simple as that.

And to contradict that article, if you know that a games single player is tied to an online authentication, yes you do make an agreement upon your purchase that the game may not be available to you one day.

50. Re: Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record Dec 30, 2013, 20:36 Krovven

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 18:43:
I didn't know addblock would have any way to figure out embedded youtube ads.

Well because they aren't "embedded". They are separate video files that load before the video you actually want and from other domains. Adblock prevents those domains from being loaded.

23. Re: Steam Hits 7.6M Concurrent User Record Dec 30, 2013, 14:08 Krovven

Creston wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 13:38:
And even now they're selling the Legendary edition for 30-40 bucks in most of these sales.

It's been $20 as Daily/Flash sales the last 2 sales. With the base game being $7.50.

News Comments > On Sale
45. Re: On Sale Dec 30, 2013, 07:56 Krovven

jdreyer wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 04:26:
Okay, question for y'all. Where can I get a digital copy of Blur? I want it for the split screen local coop racing on PC. It used to be on Steam, but no longer for some reason.

Also, same question for a digital copy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance? You'd think the publishers would make these games available for DL SOMEWHERE.

No clue, both are Activision games. I think Ultimate Alliance used to be on Steam as well. Kinda like Activision never put Apache: Air Assault on Steam. I would buy it if they ever do.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
29. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 30, 2013, 00:43 Krovven

mag wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 21:07:
You're still limited to 3 activations through securom, which includes installing a new hard drive, motherboard, ram, or cpu, and you still have to go through Uplay, which has been down 50% of the time I've ever gone to play an Ubisoft game.

Stop posting bullshit you clearly haven't taken even a few seconds to check on. I know, Google search is hard for some people. IT WAS CHANGED 2 YEARS AGO! Nevermind that I posted this exact thing a couple days ago in one of the Sale threads.

It is still there, but it was significantly changed way back in January 2012.

ubisoft-bluebyte-changes-anno-2070-drm

Post on Steam forums with activation details

You start off with three activations, in addition to the one you use up one in your initial installation. So technically an uninstalled copy of Anno has 4 activations.
Unlimited OS reinstalls
Unlimited GFX changes/installs
Unlimited RAM changes/installs
Upgrading a system
As you usually replace the CPU and an accompanying new architecture mobo, and maybe throw in a new SSD, all of this counts as one activation used up. The new GFX card and RAM is ignored.
Once you reach 0 activations, in 30 days you automatically get 1 more, each month until you reach 4 again.

Basically, you will never use up your activations unless you go out of your way to do it. It is redundant with it being on Steam, so if you really want to boycott an excellent game based on pure spite, ok. But stop spreading false info.

I was against limited activations, still am, but only when they are exceedingly restrictive. I've bought a handful of games with activations and I have never used them up on any game through normal use. FarCry 2, Anno 2070, I think one or several of the STALKER games...didn't Batman Arkham Asylum have activations? See I can't even recall which games they were because the activation limitations were insignificant.

This comment was edited on Dec 30, 2013, 00:49.

6864 Comments. 344 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo