Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 7594 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warships Shipstorm
17. Re: World of Warships Shipstorm Jun 26, 2015, 23:29 Krovven

Rigs wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 22:23:
Hey, Krovven, are you posting with two different accounts by chance? There's another poster that has a 'w' instead of 'v v' and I was wondering if that was also you? Nothing by it, just curious...

=-Rigs-=

Nope someone just trying to be funny most likely.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Warships Shipstorm
13. Re: World of Warships Shipstorm Jun 26, 2015, 15:46 Krovven

I really hope this doesn't die quickly. It's absolutely unacceptable.

After updating to .4 and playing a few games yesterday I decided to investigate why I didn't have my E3 Bundle stuff...and the shipstorm began. I was the one (or one of the folks) that sent the story into Kotaku. I've also submitted a ticket to Humble (not to get my money back, I don't care about that) but to get them to pressure WG.

You can find my posts in the related threads (2 of which are closed now), so I won't repeat myself too much here.

The game is fun, I had even purchased the preorder bundle and have been talking the game up to a few people. No more. I'm done with WG until this is fixed.

News Comments > GMG Arkham Knight Refunds
32. Re: GMG Arkham Knight Refunds Jun 25, 2015, 23:45 Krovven

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 19:32:
Krovven wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 18:49:
He isn't talking black and whites. This isn't ALL about the game. There are problems, yes. It needs optimization, yes. But there is a vocal minority just trolling this shit to make things worse or at least appear worse than they actually are. Others are just dumb and follow along.

What does that matter? Who made who? The bad port is what triggered whatever has come its way. I think most are dumb pre-ordering when the series even though their 4th attempt, hasn't imo had one great launch. But then now they do have Steam Insurance where they haven't in the past. It still goes back to whoever is in charge of this, that is where the problem lies, if it brings trolls, well they invited them. 12 people 8 weeks, 12 people maybe, 8 weeks? GTFO!

Doing what some of the childish idiots on the Steam forums have been doing is pathetic. Supporting them is just as pathetic.

If you are unhappy, place a refund and move on. Trolling about it serves no purpose other than to prove people right about how childish some gamers can be.

24. Re: GMG Arkham Knight Refunds Jun 25, 2015, 18:49 Krovven

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 18:30:
Quinn wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 17:39:
Well, lets actually be honest here. Let be really, really clear: A HUGE PART OF THIS FIASCO is the typical PC community cry-baby motherfucking whining. "I want a great looking game to run great on my 2+ years old rig!". Let it be known that the game is gorgeous -- is this mentioned anywhere? The amount of detail is crazy amazing. People with a killer GPU and SSD run this game smoothly too (me too I expect if I redownload it). So is it really such a fiasco? Lets get our feet on the ground and chew on it for a minute... Because, fuck me, the game is gorgeous.

In the days before refunds, this would've been a period of whining.. then a patch.. then everybody happy. Today it's people going crazy, a company getting hit so hard it falls to its knees, and a patch that makes everybody happy except for the company who's rep is raped.

I just don't like this.

Oh your playing the cry baby card to!

Lets see my 2 year old HW is stronger than a console and it seems no matter how low some go with settings it just isn't preforming like it should. Bad port is bad. No need imo to defend, they've admitted and pulled it down while it gets reworked.

He isn't talking black and whites. This isn't ALL about the game. There are problems, yes. It needs optimization, yes. But there is a vocal minority just trolling this shit to make things worse or at least appear worse than they actually are. Others are just dumb and follow along.

I said this in the last post...but I'll say it again. The product wasn't pulled out of the goodness of their hearts. It was pulled to stop people from purchasing and refunding it. Every single time it costs them money.

22. Re: GMG Arkham Knight Refunds Jun 25, 2015, 18:40 Krovven

Quinn wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 17:39:
Kajetan wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 17:10:
saluk wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 14:05:
Sadly the result may be, let's just not release on pc at all because it's too easy for people to get refunds.
No, it wont be.

Only the worst of the worst releases risk being a commercial failure because of too much refunds. And thats exactly the business practice we dont want to see anymore on the PC. Anyone else ... when your game is not a complete desaster, you dont have to fear refunds. In fact, people are now being able to take more risks. In the end, with refunds people will spend MORE than without. It is a proven policy in other industry sectors, it will be in the games industry.

Well, lets actually be honest here. Let be really, really clear: A HUGE PART OF THIS FIASCO is the typical PC community cry-baby motherfucking whining. "I want a great looking game to run great on my 2+ years old rig!". Let it be known that the game is gorgeous -- is this mentioned anywhere? The amount of detail is crazy amazing. People with a killer GPU and SSD run this game smoothly too (me too I expect if I redownload it). So is it really such a fiasco? Lets get our feet on the ground and chew on it for a minute... Because, fuck me, the game is gorgeous.

In the days before refunds, this would've been a period of whining.. then a patch.. then everybody happy. Today it's people going crazy, a company getting hit so hard it falls to its knees, and a patch that makes everybody happy except for the company who's rep is raped.

I just don't like this.

This.

The game is obviously not optimized and mistakes were made. Verify Integrity was (maybe still is) redownloading the game. Reports being that redownloading makes the game run better. So this tells me that the preload was likely an out of date build, otherwise it wouldn't need to download everything again.

Alternative controllers and mice prevent the game from detecting the proper control method.

30fp lock. Easy to edit, but you know lots of people are stubborn. And framerate locking simply should never happen.

I don't know how accurate this is, but apparently video card bundle versions of the game were going to be getting the the Harley DLC and it was changed last minute. I'm guessing to prevent g2a purchases from getting the DLC. I'll just throw in, way too much DLC exclusive bullshit between retailers going on here.

Their specs had Ultra settings. There are no Ultra settings...not even High texture settings.

With that said, the first hour or 2 were pathetic on the Steam forums for the game. People were actually bitching about the game having to unpack before they could play. There were pages of this shit...about just unpacking. People were saying the game wouldn't load and was stuck on 100%...when if they just looked on the Downloads page, it says it's unpacking.

There is a group of completely clueless ignorant morons that can't see what's right in front of them. Then there are the morons that have no problems at all, so they make shit up, or just go along with the crowd and complain about the same things others are. These are the fans of that Worth A Buy idiot. Then you have the people that buy the game, post a negative review, just to refund it only because they can, (the real reason Arkham Knight pulled from sale).

Somewhere in there you have people with legitimate issues and it's becoming harder and harder to figure out what those are with these assholes trolling the communities, because they can.

News Comments > More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds
22. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 20:55 Krovven

This was just posted on the Arkham Knights Announcement page in Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/145587678167685991

Dear Batman: Arkham Knight PC owners,

We want to apologize to those of you who are experiencing performance issues with Batman: Arkham Knight on PC. We take these issues very seriously and have therefore decided to suspend future game sales of the PC version while we work to address these issues to satisfy our quality standards. We greatly value our customers and know that while there are a significant amount of players who are enjoying the game on PC, we want to do whatever we can to make the experience better for PC players overall.

Thank you to those players who have already given valuable feedback. We are continuously monitoring all threads posted in the Official Batman: Arkham Knight Community and Steam forums, as well as any issues logged with our Customer Support (http://support.wbgames.com/). If you purchased your copy of the game and are not satisfied with your experience, then we ask for your patience while these issues are resolved. If desired, you can request a refund at https://help.steampowered.com (Steam refund policies can be found here: http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds) or the retail location where you purchased the game.

The Batman: Arkham fans have continually supported the franchise to its current height of success, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work to deliver an updated version of Batman: Arkham Knight on PC so you can all enjoy the final chapter of the Batman: Arkham series as it was meant to be played.

And some vids I made if people are interested.

MaxFPS 60 Nvidia on/off comparison

MaxFPS 30 Nvidia on/off comparison

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update
57. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 20:51 Krovven

gravity wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 20:44:
Krovven wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 19:48:
gravity wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 19:33:
Krovven wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 19:27:
... will be non-spoilerish...

"ish?!" LOL

Well depends on your definition of spoiler. Could you look at signs on buildings or hear things that the thugs are saying that could give something away, maybe. No major plot points though I promise
Anyways, the other video didn't reveal anything that people wouldn't have known from reading reviews and such...or watching a first 15min gameplay video.

Not true... none of the gameplay videos (primarily the beginning, or just snippets of performance problems) gave away that (spoiler) the joker was STILL alive - meaning he double-blinded his double-blind! ..... or am I crazy?

Well then nothing has been spoiled really if that's what you think, lol. Seriously though...as an example The final paragraph in the Escapist review makes note of it.

And I'm not talking about "official" first 15 min videos, where they aren't allowed to actually show the beginning. Real people playing the game videos, literally the opening scene covers this.

56. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 20:48 Krovven

This was just posted on the Arkham Knights Announcement page in Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/145587678167685991

Dear Batman: Arkham Knight PC owners,

We want to apologize to those of you who are experiencing performance issues with Batman: Arkham Knight on PC. We take these issues very seriously and have therefore decided to suspend future game sales of the PC version while we work to address these issues to satisfy our quality standards. We greatly value our customers and know that while there are a significant amount of players who are enjoying the game on PC, we want to do whatever we can to make the experience better for PC players overall.

Thank you to those players who have already given valuable feedback. We are continuously monitoring all threads posted in the Official Batman: Arkham Knight Community and Steam forums, as well as any issues logged with our Customer Support (http://support.wbgames.com/). If you purchased your copy of the game and are not satisfied with your experience, then we ask for your patience while these issues are resolved. If desired, you can request a refund at https://help.steampowered.com (Steam refund policies can be found here: http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds) or the retail location where you purchased the game.

The Batman: Arkham fans have continually supported the franchise to its current height of success, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work to deliver an updated version of Batman: Arkham Knight on PC so you can all enjoy the final chapter of the Batman: Arkham series as it was meant to be played.

52. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 20:00 Krovven

MaxFPS 60 Nvidia on/off comparison

MaxFPS 30 Nvidia on/off comparison

Moments after I published the videos, the 60fps one was hit with this:
"Arkham Knight - Main Theme - David Buckley Sound recording 1:53 - 2:23 play match INgrooves Monetized by copyright owner"

Sad. So I apologize if there are ads.

51. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 19:48 Krovven

gravity wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 19:33:
Krovven wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 19:27:
... will be non-spoilerish...

"ish?!" LOL

Well depends on your definition of spoiler. Could you look at signs on buildings or hear things that the thugs are saying that could give something away, maybe. No major plot points though I promise
Anyways, the other video didn't reveal anything that people wouldn't have known from reading reviews and such...or watching a first 15min gameplay video.

49. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 19:27 Krovven

I'll have a MaxFPS 60 and a MaxFPS 30 Nvidia effects on/off comparison videos posted in about 20min. Waiting on the 2nd upload. These will be non-spoilerish with flying around a section of city and perching up on a crane. Route is similar is all 4 examples.

47. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 19:19 Krovven

gravity wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 19:04:
Krovven wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 18:20:
Quinn wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 18:14:
.Quite honestly, I simply don't believe people who say the game runs without a problem on their rig. I have a high-end rig, new installment of windows 8.1, and one of the best SSD's and GPU's on the market. Still, when I woosh through the city, the game stutters like mad and in some places the fps is irrationally low. I know PC gaming long enough to know this isn't a hardware bottleneck, but a piss poor and abominal excuse for a port. And trust me, I'm normally the forgiving type.

Quinn watch my video below. I just made 2 videos, one with nVidia effects on and one with them off. I'll post them soon.

Krovven. Dude. You should really be spoiler tagging that shit! Seriously! You just gave away something that (despite playing through 2) I should have guessed at the start. :(((

Oh well. At least I stopped it once I realized what had happened and didn't accidentally learn any more from that clip.

Can you spoiler tag YouTube videos? You should probably at least find a better example to show off the performance, if nothing else.

I didn't think of it as I assumed "his presence" was common knowledge at this point as it's been written about in many articles/reviews that have been posted even on Blues.

PS, it's safe to watch the rest of the clip, it consists of driving out of Ace Chemicals and getting out of the Batmobile.

This comment was edited on Jun 24, 2015, 19:30.

45. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 18:20 Krovven

Quinn wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 18:14:
.Quite honestly, I simply don't believe people who say the game runs without a problem on their rig. I have a high-end rig, new installment of windows 8.1, and one of the best SSD's and GPU's on the market. Still, when I woosh through the city, the game stutters like mad and in some places the fps is irrationally low. I know PC gaming long enough to know this isn't a hardware bottleneck, but a piss poor and abominal excuse for a port. And trust me, I'm normally the forgiving type.

Quinn watch my video below. I just made 2 videos, one with nVidia effects on and one with them off. I'll post them soon.

10. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 17:56 Krovven

Kosumo wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 17:50:
I place more of the blame on Warner Bros. (publisher) than Rocksteady (developer).

I wonder how this is going to effect the PC pre-sale of WB next game, Mad Max.

Who did the ports of the previous 3 games to PC? Anyone know?

Did Rocksteady ever do their own PC development?

7. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 17:50 Krovven

Cmdr Shepard's Pie wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 17:46:
With Origin and Steam offering refunds now, and the public outcry over this game's PC problems, I hope it'll send a message to game makers we won't tolerate this. Unfortunately, companies may also look at this and further sink into "putting games out on PC isn't worth the cost/hassle" self-delusion.

It does baffle the mind why someone or a group involved, made the decision to cheap out on the PC port.

3. Re: More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds Jun 24, 2015, 17:32 Krovven

LOL crazy. I'll have to see if I notice any visual difference with the nVidia stuff off. I have just had it all on since I started playing.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Jun 24, 2015, 17:27 Krovven

I found this snippet interesting.

It seems like Tale of Tales survived through all these years mostly due to the governmental grants. When that ended, the studio decided to make their first commercial game, and thatís how Sunset was born.

So, they survived off tax payers money in the name of making art. When that went away they tried to make a "commercial" video game and failed, so they lash out and blame it on the consumers.

/facepalm They pulled an Uwe Boll.

I'll leave this here for you all that haven't seen it. It's gold. fuck you all from Uwe Boll

This comment was edited on Jun 24, 2015, 17:53.

News Comments > People Can Fly Returns
6. Re: People Can Fly Returns Jun 24, 2015, 17:15 Krovven

Kajetan wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 15:19:
canceling all plans for Bulletstorm 2.

Thank god for that one! The gameplay wasn't horrible, but it was pretty bad. The real killer for me was the brutal dialogue that sounded like a 10 year old wrote it. Brainchild of CliffyB.

The Dialogue of Bulletstorm

40. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 16:55 Krovven

Sure am glad I got a new PC and that I don't care about anything over 1080. The game does need to be more optimized, without a doubt, and I have no issue with changing the fps in a config file (I am a PC gamer after all). I'm sure I'd be pissed if I bought this when I was still using my old system...however my old system wasn't even close to the minimum specs.

Anyways, I posted this gameplay clip of the Ace Chemical factory explosion. SPOILER ALERT if you have been avoiding details about the characters present.

Shows off lots of the effects and the worst of my frame loss, which is very infrequent and mostly limited to when using the Batmobile interactions with the smoke and rain. Even when the frameloss does occur, it's not impacting my gameplay as it would in a first person game shooter.

Conroy's voice acting seems to be all over the place, whereas it was always on point in the previous games. It may just be the recordings, I don't know. Sometimes it sounds like his voice was captured on a cheap phone while other lines sound normal and in-studio.

John Noble is excellent as always. Jonathan Banks unfortunately was a miscast here. He simply doesn't fit James Gordon and his dialogue readings are often cringe worthy.

I do find the Batmobile to be poorly implemented at times and over used, especially when it's forced upon you. But damn if it doesn't feel pretty cool when you call for the Batmobile or when you are using it to eject yourself into takedowns.

Long and the short of it is, if you've got the system to run it and you have liked the previous games, you shouldn't have much of a problem. If you've got a mid range system...wait.

This comment was edited on Jun 24, 2015, 19:21.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Issues
25. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Issues Jun 23, 2015, 14:48 Krovven

Jerykk wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 12:29:
Performance issues on Nvidia cards may be grossly overstated. Much like Watch_Dogs, there is stuttering while streaming the city in but this is only really noticeable while driving (because the Batmobile is so fast). When you're not driving, the game runs smoothly.

The initial 30 FPS cap is strange but I figure the devs simply forgot to unlock it in the ini file. I unlocked it and haven't run into any issues.

I think anything other than newer systems are having trouble with it and that's not really acceptable. Also hard to know when people are turning shit on graphically their computers simply can't handle.

Within the first hour last night the Steam Forums were flooded with page after page of people bitching about having to unpack the game after downloading it. Likewise, folks complaining the game wouldn't run and it just kept saying it was downloading (when in fact is was unpacking in the background). People in general are just fucking stupid.

So I take many of the complaints with a grain of salt.

If it hadn't of been for the stupid controller conflict, I would have been playing within 20-30min of release.

7594 Comments. 380 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo