Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 7463 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM Reveal at E3
66. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 19, 2015, 02:05 Krovven

shihonage wrote on May 19, 2015, 01:49:
Krovven wrote on May 18, 2015, 19:50:
Aww so witty. Was that supposed to impress me? What would impress me is you actually countering it with something that is meaningful and maybe demonstrates you have a single clue of which you speak of.

PROTIP: the correct response is, "Ah yes, I re-read your posts and understand the entirety of your argument. I do concede - proving that Doom 3 is a worthy Doom game, on any level or scale, is an impossible task as it is objectively false. Thank you for making me see the light. Can I have your autograph?"

This exactly.

And you are still trying to be witty (and failing miserably) without any substance to the topic at hand.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
50. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 19, 2015, 00:06 Krovven

Vall Forran wrote on May 18, 2015, 21:31:
If you have the witcher2 installed, on creating a new game in tw3, it will bring up an import save option. Super easy.

The problem, is knowing which save to actually use...

So I've downloaded Witcher 2 again on Steam, load it up, all the saves are listed. I load up Witcher 3, the only thing it prompts me for is to simulate Witcher 2. I say no, and the game loads. I'm not being given the option to import a save at all.

Has anyone else figured this out?

EDIT: Figured it out myself.

The Witcher 2 installation, saves and config folders on Windows

Default for Steam if cloud saving was activated, even if you deactivated it later:
c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<your Steam user ID>\20920\remote (32-bit Windows: c:\Program Files\The Witcher 2)

You need to then copy that save over the to the standard "Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Witcher 2\gamesaves" for W3 to see them.

This comment was edited on May 19, 2015, 00:22.

63. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 18, 2015, 23:32 Krovven

Bumpy wrote on May 18, 2015, 21:35:
Hope the secret doors and areas come back. With mods, I enjoyed Doom3 but the lack of secrets disappointed me greatly.

Meh. Running along the walls looking for secrets wasn't really that fun. At least you could often see where there might be one on the map.

At least Quake had buttons and torches to try shooting to open secrets. But then you are using much needed ammo.

47. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 21:41 Krovven

Vall Forran wrote on May 18, 2015, 21:31:
If you have the witcher2 installed, on creating a new game in tw3, it will bring up an import save option. Super easy.

The problem, is knowing which save to actually use...

Yea super easy if it's installed. For most people, why would it still be installed?
I left it downloading while I'm at work, but that's just fucking annoying. Downloading another 20gig or whatever W2 is just to get access to a save file.

You didn't need W1 installed, just put the save file in the right location for 2 to find.

Yea I saw the simulate Witcher 2 thing. But I have a save that was a carry over from 1 to 2, so I want to use it. All my saves are backed up, but apparently W2 only used the cloud on Steam as I have no Witcher 2 saves in my backups.

I'll deal with it when I get back home tonight.

This comment was edited on May 18, 2015, 22:06.

43. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 21:21 Krovven

My Witcher 2 save is on Steam Cloud. Anyone know how to get the save to use with Witcher 3?

42. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 21:19 Krovven

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 18, 2015, 21:00:
I don't have my key from GMG yet. Not sure when that's supposed to go out.

They don't always send them out. Check your game key list on GMG o see if it's been added.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2015, 20:56 Krovven

Post a comment seems to be broken on the newly posted Witcher 3 Released story.

38. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 20:51 Krovven

ForgedReality wrote on May 18, 2015, 20:38:
Quboid wrote on May 18, 2015, 20:07:
Is it out?

It unlocks tomorrow, as far as I know. Preloads have already begun. My Collector's Edition shipped today and arrives Friday. Suffice it to say, I'm "working from home" that day.

It released 3 hours ago at 3pm PST. An hour earlier than scheduled.

56. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 18, 2015, 20:15 Krovven

Jerykk wrote on May 18, 2015, 19:56:
Krovven wrote on May 18, 2015, 18:39:
You are fighting demons from hell, that shoot fire balls and shit...and peoples argument was they were teleporting in from nowhere. /facepalm

Newsflash, Having prespawned enemies takes resources, resources that can be better used to elsewhere...and Doom 3 wasnt the first nor the last to spawn enemies rather than preplace them in the world.

There actually is a pretty meaningful difference between monsters that teleport in and monsters that are hidden by walls. In the original games, you could hear the monsters through the walls and prepare appropriately. In D3, you would enter a room and a monster would teleport in behind you, then another one would teleport in after you kill the first one, rinse and repeat for 20 hours. It reeked of lazy level design. On the scale of level design no-nos, teleporting enemies ranks higher than monster closets.

Yes, but they used both methods and just because some mobs spawned in didn't make or break the game. I've also never seen anyone ever complain about the same thing happening in any other game. It was primarily a resource trade-off as Doom 3 was a pig at launch. There was no way they could keep all this mobs preplaced ahead of time.

And no monsters were not all preplaced in all the previous games. Quake has them spawn right in front of you all the time. I'd have to go back and check, but I'm almost positive Doom games had some spawning enemies especially on the harder difficulties.

35. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 18, 2015, 20:04 Krovven

Mr. Anisotonic wrote on May 18, 2015, 17:11:
I don't think you know what 3D Vision is, Quinn. It has no relation to the "3d glasses cinema bullshit" you refer to

How do? 3D Vision is 3D using stereoscopic glasses.

I tried it once at PAX several years ago with Res Evil 5. I hated it. I don't want to wear headgear and I don't feel that 3D makes my gaming any more enjoyable. After seeing a few movies in 3D I don't care to see another. A good movie is a good movie. 3D doesn't help movies but definitely hinders them.

51. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 18, 2015, 19:50 Krovven

shihonage wrote on May 18, 2015, 18:50:
Krovven wrote on May 18, 2015, 18:39:
And you are perfect example of someone that runs their mouth when they know nothing about what or to whom you speak. I'm almost 42. I've played all the id games since the beginning. You've been around here for a few years...I've been around here for 20 years.

Some people learn for 20 years. Others learn for 1 year, 20 times in a row.

And your entire argument about the closets is based on teleporting. It's semantics, of whether they were spawned in, teleported from elsewhere, or were preplaced. You triggered events and closets opened with monsters. Just because they "spawned in" rather than be "placed in" areas you may have already looked sometimes, doesn't change the function.

Any two subjects can be simplified to the point where start appearing extremely similar. This, however, speaks nothing of the subjects themselves, but rather of the bias of the observer.

"Summarizing" my already compact and siccinct point until it starts sounding like yours, is, how do I put it... maybe Doom 3 and you have something in common after all. You're both cheap?

Aww so witty. Was that supposed to impress me? What would impress me is you actually countering it with something that is meaningful and maybe demonstrates you have a single clue of which you speak of.

47. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 18, 2015, 18:39 Krovven

shihonage wrote on May 18, 2015, 18:31:
Krovven wrote on May 18, 2015, 16:18:
It makes me laugh when people complain about monster closets when it comes to Doom 3, but none of the other previous games. Happens in all of the Doom games and at least the first Quake game. Pick up an item, flip a switch, step on a pressure plate...wall opens monsters come out. This might be right behind you, right in front of you, or around the corner so you don't know it's coming.

Ladies and gentlemen, here we have a prime example of someone who has heard of these "old games" on paper but never actually played them.

And you are perfect example of someone that runs their mouth when they know nothing about what or to whom you speak. I'm almost 42. I've played all the id games since the beginning. You've been around here for a few years...I've been around here for 20 years.

And your entire argument about the closets is based on teleporting. It's semantics, of whether they were spawned in, teleported from elsewhere, or were preplaced. You triggered events and closets opened with monsters. Just because they "spawned in" rather than be "placed in" areas you may have already looked sometimes, doesn't change the function.

You are fighting demons from hell, that shoot fire balls and shit...and peoples argument was they were teleporting in from nowhere. /facepalm

Newsflash, Having prespawned enemies takes resources, resources that can be better used to elsewhere...and Doom 3 wasnt the first nor the last to spawn enemies rather than preplace them in the world.

43. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 18, 2015, 17:52 Krovven

CeeKay wrote on May 18, 2015, 17:44:
I await the collective internet meltdown if this is all they show at E3.

I know, I'm probably about the only person that doesn't give a crap about Fallout.

42. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 18, 2015, 17:50 Krovven

peteham wrote on May 18, 2015, 17:21:
Krovven wrote on May 18, 2015, 16:18:
Lords of Destruction expansion was quite good.

It makes me laugh when people complain about monster closets when it comes to Doom 3, but none of the other previous games. Happens in all of the Doom games and at least the first Quake game. Pick up an item, flip a switch, step on a pressure plate...wall opens monsters come out. This might be right behind you, right in front of you, or around the corner so you don't know it's coming.
True about the monster closets, but then, the world had moved on and already given us Half-Life by the time Doom 3 came out. I don't think it was unfair to expect more. Quake at least had very strong multi-player, while Doom 3 was pretty much all about the single player campaign. I don't think anyone really played mp in that game.

Personally, I got the most fun out of D3 (and Resurrection of Evil) using the co-op mod. Monster closets are actually perfectly fine then. Would not have bothered with the expansion without it, as I didn't really enjoy the single player that much due to the aforementioned monster closets, and some annoying level design in places.

Speaking of expansion, wrong D3

Oops on the xpac name, lol.

I think it was unfair to expect more. It's all they had ever done and it was successful. After Quake 2 they went multiplayer with Q3 and Doom 3 was the first to have a campaign again.

Between Quake Wars, Doom 3 and Rage...it's really clear that id software designers have lost all touch with what makes a good multiplayer shooter and what people wanted from them.

32. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 18, 2015, 16:51 Krovven

SirKnight wrote on May 18, 2015, 16:47:
Darks wrote on May 18, 2015, 16:15:
this is their newer engine, Rage 4.

Rage 4? WTH is that? You mean idTech 6.

RAGE engine is the GTA V engine. Still an amusing mistake though.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Rising Tide Announced
10. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Rising Tide Announced May 18, 2015, 16:26 Krovven

theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 18, 2015, 12:38:
Great, looking forward to it. I still enjoy playing Beyond Earth and have a multiplayer game that's been going about five months now.

While BE hasn't captured me like Civ5, I've also only played BE a tiny fraction of the time. I'll get this xpac, just like I'll get just about anything Firaxis.

Still wishing they would put Civ5 on Vita or tablets.

25. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 18, 2015, 16:19 Krovven

Darks wrote on May 18, 2015, 16:15:
bhcompy wrote on May 18, 2015, 13:50:
I see they haven't graduated from the Doom 3 engine that makes everything look like clay.

I think you would be very wrong about the engine. this is their newer engine, Rage 4. Not the older one Doom 3 was created on.

Sheldon? Can we call you Sheldon? Sarcasm. Learn it.

24. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 18, 2015, 16:18 Krovven

Lords of Destruction (I goofed) Resurrection of Evil expansion was quite good. Doom 3 vanilla was above average. Doom 3 vanilla modded to make the shotgun not suck, add more dynamic lights, etc...the game was pretty fun. I never cared as much about the Flashlight controversy, but I still did use a flashlight mod as well (after completing it once without mods).

This video only has 1 thing in focus, so hard to judge on anything else. It's also obviously console textures. I'll wait to see more.

Damnit, I forgot, I'm not giving Bethesda any of my money anymore...except maybe when there is a sale.

This comment was edited on May 18, 2015, 17:51.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
11. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 16, 2015, 22:08 Krovven

ViRGE wrote on May 16, 2015, 16:15:
Redmask wrote on May 16, 2015, 15:27:
It's just a game and has nothing to do with the rest of the operating system. Might as well freak out at the inclusion of Solitaire. We've been testing Windows 10 at work and its perfectly fine, much better than Windows 8 in terms of accommodating all user devices with minimal compromise. The small resource footprint and requirements are great too, its a big improvement over Windows 7. Don't listen to the people who can't even bothered to load it up and just parrot whatever they hear on Slashdot.
It's not just a game. It's Microsoft including software from a company who engages in blatantly unethical, predatory practices. People don't spend money on Candy Crush because they want to, they spend money because the game is engineered down to the last bit to manipulate them into doing so.

Uhh no. I played Candy Crush for awhile (until I was bored) and never payed anything.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic
29. Re: The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic May 15, 2015, 05:28 Krovven

Alamar wrote on May 15, 2015, 01:01:
Apparently the bite from the trailer is represented in Witcher 2...

Here...

I don't think that was a reference to the event in this video. He is older now than when he got that bite. Unless I'm missing something in the timeline.

7463 Comments. 374 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo