Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6859 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > PopCap CEO Retiring
5. Re: PopCap CEO Retiring Jan 3, 2014, 12:45 Krovven

Similarly 2 co-founders from Criterion have also left that company.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam, Origin DDoSed?
13. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 12:13 Krovven

And Steam store seems to be back up, for those that are wanting to grab something or get those last Globes they want.

News Comments > Steam, Origin DDoSed?
5. Re: Steam, Origin DDoSed? Jan 3, 2014, 11:40 Krovven

Yep, pretty sad little kiddies need to do shit like this. Saw this on Kotaku last night when the Steam store first went down. Sad that it's still going on. It serves zero purpose, affects millions of people and the little shits are just laughing and relishing in their perceived fame. And of course Dev thinks this is because Steam needs to invest more in their infrastructure... /facepalm

And not sure why Blue hasn't got it referenced, but it's another group claiming responsibility for the Steam attacks, as Derp seems to claim to be doing their attacks on Origin in support of Steam. pair-claim-to-have-attacked-steams-servers

Seriously Blue, the URL command sucks. Can you not have it auto fill the selected url into the correct spot after the = ?

This comment was edited on Jan 3, 2014, 11:47.

News Comments > GOG.com Drops Fallout Games
82. Re: GOG.com Drops Fallout Games Jan 3, 2014, 01:20 Krovven

Kristian Joensen wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 20:37:
You have no idea of what type of gamer and person I am.

Based on your asskissing tweets, it's quite obvious what kind of gamer and person you are.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Pricing Survey
16. Re: World of Warcraft Pricing Survey Jan 2, 2014, 15:53 Krovven

Redmask wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 13:02:
Krovven wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 11:24:
You fail to miss the point.

Failing to miss the point would mean he understood the point.

Lol, in my defense it was before I had coffee and obviously combined two ways of making the statement, to have it make no sense.

News Comments > On Sale (1)
28. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 14:51 Krovven

Krovven wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 13:11:
siapnar wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 13:03:
Is Natural Selection II worth it? Looks like an interesting concept and it's visually appealing, but I could maybe see it getting old, fast..

Not for $21. It's been a fraction of that price before. Personally I couldn't get into the game, but it also runs like crap on my machine, so my patience with it was thin.

Seems the price earlier was an error? I just had another gander and the price is now $2.50. At that price, you can't go wrong, even if you end up not liking it.

News Comments > Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed
37. Re: Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed Jan 2, 2014, 14:48 Krovven

ASeven wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 14:32:
On a slightly related news, the Fallout Collection seems to be gone from Steam as well, or at least you are unable to buy Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics anymore.

The pages are still there for the games, you just can't buy them. Which is a change from most games that get pulled from Steam. The Publisher has also been changed to Bethesda. I'd bet the games will be available again once Bethesda makes the changes they need to make to the legal title screens.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 2, 2014, 14:32 Krovven

Tanto Edge wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 14:07:
...why the fuck would anybody buy a linear console game a second time?

Y'know what? Don't bother answering that. I'm afraid of what might pass for logic thereby.

It does have multiplayer...apparently quite good too.

I really should sit down and finish The Last of Us. I was really enjoying the story, but the gameplay had some major faults. Just need to be in the right frame of mind.

Speaking of the The Last of Us...does anyone know if the upcoming single player DLC is included in the Seasons Pass? It's been asked many times on the PS Blog, but don't think it has been answered.

25. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 14:23 Krovven

Beamer wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 13:21:
Shadow Warrior is $10 on Humble Bundle. Worth it?
Did it go that low on Steam?

Yes, several times recently. 4 times in December to be specific.

http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/price?plain=shadowwarrior

People really need to install the Steam extension in Chrome.

33. Re: Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed Jan 2, 2014, 14:14 Krovven

Fantaz wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 13:20:
none of the games i bought in-store, besides Valve ones, have required me to activate or install them over Steam... and i buy a lot of the new mainstream ones too.

That's still very evasive as you've mentioned no specific titles. I'm hard pressed to think of any specific AAA modern titles that wouldn't require activation on one service or another, be it Steam, UPlay, Origin, or even registering an account on a website.

I know games like Call of Duty need Steam but those i play on PS3/360 anyways.

You don't see the irony in this at all? Microsoft and Sony could limit the access you have to your games on their systems as well, just like Steam. In fact, multiplayer games on consoles have a far worse track record of having their multiplayer servers shut down as they do basically yearly sweeps of server shut downs.

This comment was edited on Jan 2, 2014, 14:20.

28. Re: Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed Jan 2, 2014, 13:13 Krovven

And you still didn't answer my question. What modern PC games do you buy, if you boycott Steam?

13. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 13:11 Krovven

siapnar wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 13:03:
Is Natural Selection II worth it? Looks like an interesting concept and it's visually appealing, but I could maybe see it getting old, fast..

Not for $21. It's been a fraction of that price before. Personally I couldn't get into the game, but it also runs like crap on my machine, so my patience with it was thin.

12. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 13:07 Krovven

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:54:
Krovven wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:50:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:48:
panbient wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:45:
That and I got #10 like three times in a row hahaha
Just sell it on the market and buy the one your are missing.
Those cards will disappear from your account tomorrow

Uhhm, why would they disappear from his account? The Summer Sale cards are still available on the Market, which means they are still in peoples inventories.

It is different this time, read the Steam page
http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/snowglobefaq

Unlike previous badges, once the sale ends the cards will disappear. Make sure to trade and craft your badges before Jan 3rd 11am PST.

That sucks, for a lot of people. Personally I don't care, as I've been selling them as I get them. Odd that they changed it, but I suppose they want to be able to reuse them next year, whereas there is no point in reusing the Summer Sale cards.

25. Re: Into the Black Jan 2, 2014, 13:02 Krovven

NegaDeath wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:56:
Krovven wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:43:
At the time the original Forbes article was published, Order of War was not on Steam, period. So unless people went back to the article, they would not have seen the update. And Techie didn't link to the article, that I can see, he just referenced it.

Order of War:Challenge was removed from Steam because that's the online expansion that was shut down. Order of War was still available.

And you are correct I mistakenly said he linked to it, brain fart on my end. However he said google it and that was the first relevant result so close enough.

Again...2-3 days ago when that article was first published (and posted on Blues)...Order of War was completely removed from Steam. You could not access it from the Store page, it did not show up on a search on Steam. I tried, as did others when it was first posted. And someone that does own the game, had checked their Steam account and it was indeed gone. It has since been changed.

22. Re: Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed Jan 2, 2014, 12:54 Krovven

Fantaz wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:52:
this is why i don't buy Steam games

What games do you buy then? Pickings would be pretty slim for modern PC games if you boycott Steam.

6. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 12:50 Krovven

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:48:
panbient wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:45:
That and I got #10 like three times in a row hahaha
Just sell it on the market and buy the one your are missing.
Those cards will disappear from your account tomorrow

Uhhm, why would they disappear from his account? The Summer Sale cards are still available on the Market, which means they are still in peoples inventories.

18. Re: Into the Black Jan 2, 2014, 12:43 Krovven

Mad Max RW wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:39:
NegaDeath wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:37:
Techie714 wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:33:
Say that to the owners of "Order of war" that Steam removed from the owners library...Granted it was a crap game that nobody really played but still.

That didn't happen. Read the Forbes article you linked all the way to the end, they made a mistake and made a correction at the bottom. The game is still available on Steam.

How dare you read! Next thing you know it will become contagious and fewer people will cry about NOTHING. And then where will this place be?

At the time the original Forbes article was published, Order of War was not on Steam, period. So unless people went back to the article, they would not have seen the update. And Techie didn't link to the article, that I can see, he just referenced it.

16. Re: Into the Black Jan 2, 2014, 12:38 Krovven

Techie714 wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:33:
NegaDeath wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:31:
NamecaF wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:25:
That's what I've been saying for ages. This whole move from physical to digital where you dont own anything but rather are loaned a license which can be taken away at whim is one of the worst things to happen to gaming in recent years. Convenience is great, but at what cost?

Noone is "losing their games". These titles are being taken off the market, anyone who purchased them is still free to play them.

Say that to the owners of "Order of war" that Steam removed from the owners library...Granted it was a crap game that nobody really played but still.

Order of War isn't a Steam thing though, it's a SquareEnix thing. Edit: I see it's been updated and back on Steam, thanks for the info Nega.

SquareEnix has to be laughing right now. People that don't know the difference are slinging their shit at Steam, instead of them. This is not going to be something unique to Steam, now or in the future.

This comment was edited on Jan 2, 2014, 12:44.

3. Re: Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed Jan 2, 2014, 11:30 Krovven

What kind of stupid ass licensing agreement was signed that they couldn't continue selling existing products beyond the expiration of that deal? Nevermind, who greenlit making a game for release months before the end of that deal. Could you imagine if Fox or Sony could simply no longer sell their licensed IP based movies after the rights reverted back to Marvel?

News Comments > World of Warcraft Pricing Survey
14. Re: World of Warcraft Pricing Survey Jan 2, 2014, 11:24 Krovven

You miss the point. Multi boxers more often than not degraded the gaming experience for others around them. Just because a few people were good at multi boxing or a few people enjoyed the challenge of dealing with multi boxers, hundreds of thousands of people were adversely effected by them whether it be an instance, raid, BG, or just the detrimental effect reselling characters has on the game.

As a multi boxer that already stated how you were effected by the change, I don't expect you to understand at all. Doesn't mean much to me anyways as I haven't played in a long time not do I plan to.

This comment was edited on Jan 2, 2014, 15:53.

6859 Comments. 343 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo