Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6850 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 22, 2014, 17:43 Krovven

The best part is they totally contradict themselves between their filing and the response to Kotaku. This won't go anywhere.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games
58. Re: 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games Jan 21, 2014, 04:51 Krovven

OldTimber wrote on Jan 21, 2014, 03:11:
139mil for ToR? god dam star wars fans are a bunch of noload idiots keeping that thing around. Ahh who am I kidding they have wedding ceremonies dressed up in gear so they really are stupid without a grasp on reality.

And what things do you like? Just want to know so we can make fun of it and you for no reason other than to be a douchebag like you.

I find it incredible how gamers are so quick and easy to judge others for games they like and how childish their insults are.

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Ending
4. Re: Steam Greenlight Ending Jan 15, 2014, 16:39 Krovven

It won't stop it though. Sounds like they are moving towards allowing any dev to publish on Steam without barriers. It's likely to only get worse as far as crapware is concerned.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
27. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 14, 2014, 16:29 Krovven

mch wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 16:27:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 15:10:

Interesting thing - if you ever get a chance to see the President or someone else that thinks they are important, when his entourage goes by, take a QUICK second to look at your cell phone......NO CELL SERVICE!

Sorry Bats, but I live in DC and have been passed by presidential motorcades on multiple occasions. This is not the case.

So what you actually saw was some vehicles with tinted windows...

News Comments > DayZ Sells 1M in One Month
22. Re: DayZ Sells 1M in One Month Jan 14, 2014, 15:52 Krovven

There was once a time, people actually got paid a good hourly wage to alpha/beta test for 3-6 months before the games release...AND get a free copy of the game.

Now people are willing to pay tens, hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to get early access to play buggy games. It's just retarded.

There's a line between backing something on Kickstarter that otherwise would never have seen the light of day, to something like DayZ where the massive sales boost they received for Arma 2 (from the success of DayZ mod) should have more than covered the dev costs for Arma 3 and DayZ stand alone. Nevermind that it has taken them how long to get to the point they are at now and stating that it will be another year before they even call it beta.

Fuck that.

I think Grim Dawn is the only (still in) Early Access game I own, and that was from backing it on Kickstarter (which I regret at this point). War of the Overworld is the only other that I can think of that I'm interested in and I won't be giving them my money until it's complete or almost complete and likely cheaper.

News Comments > Evolve this Fall; Preorder DLC Bonus Announced
7. Re: Evolve this Fall; Preorder DLC Bonus Announced Jan 14, 2014, 15:41 Krovven

I'm interested to see what they do with this game...but putting up pre-orders before showing anything of the game...FUCK OFF!!!

Their website has box art...that's it. There was some concept art in that Gameinformer article that was posted last week. I don't even recall seeing any screenshots.

Is this what publishers seriously think works these days...taking pre-orders before you show anything of the game (especially a brand new IP)?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 13, 2014, 16:07 Krovven

And on that note...

US PSN Store sale

And Bioshock Infinite free tomorrow.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2014, 15:08 Krovven

Yosemite Sam wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 14:57:
Jordan is the reason I never, ever, start a series that isn't finished. So I've not even looked at Song of Fire and Ice... heh and Deadwood has made me avoid (mostly) any TV series that isn't complete so I've avoided GoT too.

While I agree it's awful that Deadwood was cancelled, without good reason, I'd rather have those 3 seasons of Deadwood then have never had it at all. Amazing show, superb writing and acting and still one of my favorites. If Game of Thrones were to not exist after the next season or two (book 5, they are making the seasons faster than he can write the books) I wouldn't care. I'd rather have had the last 3 going on 4 seasons and not have had it at all.

Some stories are not meant to have an "ending". Walking Dead comics are still going...at the rate they are making the tv series, the show would still be going 100 years a from now.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 13, 2014, 13:14 Krovven

I came to post about the same thing. This is the 3rd or 4th time in the last few weeks that PSN news has been listed and it turns out to be for Euro PSN. In this case I can't seem to actually find a reference to it being EU in the article. Bioshock Infinite will be free this month in the US store, not February. And the comments on the story male it clear that it's for the EU.

News Comments > Rambo Trailer; Game Release Next Month?
8. Re: Rambo Trailer; Game Release Next Month? Jan 10, 2014, 13:27 Krovven

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 10, 2014, 12:36:
Well, this looks pretty hilarious in the trailer, and will no doubt be horrible.

However, I am amazed, that in this day and age, they couldn't make a face/head model that looks a little more like Stallone in the early Rambo years. Surely somebody could have done a little better work there?

I doubt they have the rights to use Stallones likeness. So it looks like the character but not like Stallone.

News Comments > BBC: Valve VR SDK Next Week
6. Re: BBC: Valve VR SDK Next Week Jan 9, 2014, 11:32 Krovven

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 11:06:
InBlack wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 10:52:
An SDK for VR development. Doesnt the Oculus have its own SDK? Why the fuck would Gabe want to muddy the waters, cant believe he is going to try it but it looks like he wants to fuck up Oculus and push his own thing. Douchbaggery....

Exactly, trying to be self important.
"Without that (Valve SDK) its going to be hard for any device to get any serious traction."

From all my reading there is plenty of support for the Rift with their SDK. It's just finalizing and getting the HW out here now.

Lol all this talk lately around here about Valve being a monopoly, then when they will offer an alternative to the Rift and they are douchebags? What happened to competition and consumer choice being a good thing? Btw Valve does not have a monopoly. Anyone that says they do is an idiot that doesn't know the meaning.

VR headsets won't ever gain much traction, just like 3D gaming doesn't. Majority of people don't want to wear heavy shit on their head during their gaming sessions that can last for hours.

News Comments > Full Steam Machines Ahead at CES
56. Re: Full Steam Machines Ahead at CES Jan 8, 2014, 17:20 Krovven

Verno wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 13:08:
You don't take one look at that thing and recognize the problem with the face buttons? You need to take your hands off not just one side like with a traditional analog setup but both sides to potentially hit multiple face buttons. There is no resistance for movement like a traditional analog input on the left, that is going to be something many people hate. I think a smarter approach here would have been an analog stick on the left for movement and a pad on the right for aiming. The face button placement really needs to move somewhere else too.

I do a lot of gaming and I will definitely try it before passing judgment but I can see problem areas already.

My understanding of those face buttons is they are not intended to be the A/B/X/Y or O/X/^/[]/ buttons on the 360/PS controllers. Those buttons are for the lesser used functions. The buttons on the top, back and buttons functions of the pads themselves provide those functions, allowing you to keep your thumbs on the pads moreso than the current analog sticks of gamepads. See the Portal 2 control setup.
There is absolutely a learning curve, but I can see myself using the Steam controller moreso to play turn based and other slower paced games (Civ5, Shadowrun) from the couch without having to awkwardly use a mouse and keyboard.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 7, 2014, 22:15 Krovven

edaciousx wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 21:39:
PropheT wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 21:21:
UConnBBall wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 20:23:
The reason it is important is that it is not Microsoft and/or Windows!

I really doubt many people are actually going to care about that.

It's basically buying a PC to just play games, but that can't do other PC things, for something in the price range of a PC that can do PC things -and- play the games. It makes no sense and I don't understand why anyone at all is excited for Steam machines when the only thing they have going for them is that they're not Windows based.

The reason why i'm excited for steambox is because I believe it will bridge the gap between hardcore console/living room players and pc players. It will make communities larger and hopefully bring back modding.

Right now the gaming community is split between 3 platforms, PC, PS, and Xbox when that community used to be all on PC.

So consoles didn't exist until the PS and Xbox's of the world. Funny, I seem to recall playing on both computers and consoles since the early 80's. Frankly Im tired of all the elitist pricks that think gaming can't or shouldn't have multiple platforms. If you play on only one system, it's your loss.

And people saying you can only play games on the Steam Machine... They are a computer. You can dual boot windows. You don't even need to use SteamOS and yes of course you can use a mouse and keyboard. They are off the shelf parts.

Build your own, buy a prebuilt. No different than what you can do now. Just now you could use SteamOS if you want. I just want to buy a Steam controller.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Announced
46. Re: Alien: Isolation Revealed Jan 7, 2014, 20:42 Krovven

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 18:03:
For me it's Alien and Aliens and then the series was done. Same with Terminator.

I actually like Alien 3. Along with everyone else, when it came out I was disappointed. But I think that has more to everyone's expectations as Aliens was such a good movie (many hated it at the time too because it was nothing like Alien). I've watched it many times over the years, and I enjoy and appreciate it far more now, especially with the extra bits in the Directors Cut. Would have been interesting to see what David Fincher could have done without the meddling of Fox.

Would have also been interesting to see what Alien 4 could have been like if Joss Whedon had directed instead of Jean-Pierre Jeunet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1kkNYNtQXo Joss Whedon on Alien 4. It's not playing for me, but hopefully it'll load for others. Basically, everything was done wrong and was nothing how he envisioned it when he wrote it.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Announced
40. Re: Alien: Isolation Revealed Jan 7, 2014, 17:41 Krovven

TangledThorns wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 14:40:
Looks promising but so did Colonial Marines. That being said, 20th Century Fox should sue Gearbox for damaging the ALIEN franchise.

And who is going to sue Fox for damaging the Alien franchise with Aliens 4, AvP and AvP2 movies?

News Comments > Clint Hocking Leaves Valve
28. Re: Clint Hocking Leaves Valve Jan 7, 2014, 04:25 Krovven

Beamer wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 01:06:
You mean other than the guy that says Valve is probably miserable for anyone not making really high pay? The guy that was the fourth or fifth post here?

Or the other people that make posts about how Valve's "work on whatever" plan must be miserable whenever it comes up? You know, like this:

One person, that has no clue how much Valve employees are paid....does not equal "lots". So now you are pulling quotes from other threads too? Oh wow, we have two posts...I guess that's "lots" too. Care to reach a little further so you fall right off the cliff? Those people know about as much as you do about the work environment and pay at Valve, which is nothing.

You ready to admit you don't have a clue what goes on at Valve regarding their personnel and you have no idea how many people have been laid off, or quit on their own, let alone for what reasons?

24. Re: Clint Hocking Leaves Valve Jan 6, 2014, 22:29 Krovven

Beamer wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 20:37:
Whether they left on their own or not doesn't matter.
My point is that, on the game development side, we know when someone leaves. Few people have. Lots of people here are speculating that Valve must suck because Clint Hocking left.

"Lots" being who exactly? There's no such posts in this thread.

You seem to be trying to redirect your comments in rebuttal to me contradicting you stating that Valve has only had one layoff. To which, by your initial comment, it does matter whether someone chooses to leave or is layed off. And to again contradict your statements...do you keep track of Valves list of employees on their website and monitor who's coming in and who's leaving? I highly doubt it.

Contrary to what you'd like to believe...Beamer does not know everything.

News Comments > DayZ Beta No Sooner Than End of 2014
11. Re: DayZ Beta No Sooner Than End of 2014 Jan 6, 2014, 22:18 Krovven

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 20:34:
hahah they cashed you in on your money and just sitting on it. I love it.

They have raised over 3M dollars - they are not in a hurry to release it....

I'd say it's a hell of a lot more than 3 million. 875,000 sales at $30 minus Valves 30-40%...

With many more sales to come, they better throw more developers at it.

22. Re: Clint Hocking Leaves Valve Jan 6, 2014, 19:12 Krovven

Alamar wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 17:27:
Beamer wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 14:31:
You kind of can.
For a developer like Valve, when someone leaves, it makes news. And you know when a developer leaves because they update their linkedin.

You know when a developer 'of note' leaves because people watch their linkedin...

There are dozens of unknowns at Valve (and every company) who's comings and goings, you'll never hear about...

-Alamar

Even moreso that when someone says "they left Valve", we don't know if they were layed off or if they left on their own. We don't know that about Hocking either. It's really none of our business under what circumstances someone left, unless they choose to make the reasons public. A good company would never say one way or the other.

19. Re: Clint Hocking Leaves Valve Jan 6, 2014, 17:10 Krovven

Sepharo wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 15:03:
Your rebuttal to his claim that when Valve employees leave it makes news was to link to news of Valve employees leaving?

No, he said that they have only had one lay off. I should have quoted his earlier post.

And Beamer, did you read the bottom of the story? Valve does not normally discuss their personnel matters. Just because they did 1 larger group layoff, does not mean they have never layed off people before. And your statement that that they have only had one layoff is ambiguous and could refer to a single person or a group.

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2014, 17:16.

6850 Comments. 343 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo