Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 7245 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length
41. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length Mar 31, 2015, 16:33 Krovven

Well I'm sitting at 53 hrs in my The Witcher 2 play-through and about 1 hour into Chapters 3 (before the game crashed on me yet again).

While I'm super stoked for the new game, if Witcher 3 is 90% cutscenes and conversations like TW2 is, then I may just skip it (no not really). I actually prefer TW1 over TW2 at this point when it comes to gameplay.

There isn't enough gameplay in TW2. While the production values went way up in TW2, the amount of actual gameplay went way down. The outdoor areas are so small and confined, there is very little exploring to do.

Now I understand why people were grumbling about learning the combat when the game first came out. There is very little sustained combat and impossible to get any sort of rhythm going. This would be why they had to introduce the Arena in a later patch.

I've avoided most videos and stuff for the game, so maybe my concerns would be alleviated by watching them...but they really need to have more actual gameplay, fighting of monsters and men.

I don't know when I'll find the time, but I'm already sorta planning a Dark mode playthrough of TW2 to play the alternate storyline.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning
39. Re: Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning Mar 31, 2015, 03:10 Krovven

Dirwulf wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 02:01:
John wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 01:44:
Dirwulf wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 01:22:
So your first premise is that I'm crying because I'm complaining about a bug. Then you go on to say all RPG's have a shit load of bugs, which is certainly a giant blanket of bullshit. So you just bend over and accept a load of bugs in your RPG's? Man, talk about indoctrinated.
It's not a giant blanket of BS though.. Most RPGs have many bug fixes in the first patch or even the first few patches sometimes. With such a large world and tons of quests there are always things the developers miss.

So quantify your statement. Let me see your statistics.

And this would be why people put you on ignore. Don't be a dick.

You know full well there are no "statistics" on the matter. So why ask for them if not to just be a dick?

Use your common sense, personal experience and experiences you have read about around the net for the last 20+ years. RPG's (even great ones) are inherently known for having a lot of bugs, particularly at release.

I could name a dozen or two off the top of my head that were bug-ridden at release. It would be far more difficult to name an RPG that was polished with little to no bugs at release.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $77M
72. Re: Into the Black Mar 30, 2015, 23:49 Krovven

It just baffles me that people keep throwing large amounts of money at this game.
$250 for a single ship in a game? I don't care how much disposable income you have...that's just dumb. If I'm correct people have spent far far more than just a few hundred bucks on ships too.

Oh well, it's not something they will ever see money from me for.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Update Released
11. Re: Half-Life 2: Update Released Mar 28, 2015, 17:46 Krovven

Dacron wrote on Mar 28, 2015, 14:22:
Kajetan wrote on Mar 28, 2015, 09:06:
Setting standards for a feature != was the first with this feature

Ya I skipped Painkiller and this is the first I remember it's physics beings referred to.

I think what he is referring to was the rag dolls and how they reacted to your weapons. ie: stake gun pinning bodies to walls.

But the rest of the game had little to no environment interaction with minimal physics use there, so I completely disagree with his comparison.

News Comments > GOG.Com on Customer Service
30. Re: GOG.Com on Customer Service Mar 26, 2015, 17:17 Krovven

MoonSpook wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 05:37:
but it sets the bar pretty low for professionalism

Nah. They set that bar when they faked the closing of their own storefront as a marketing gimmick.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
16. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 14:25 Krovven

I so want to play this, but I'm right smack in the middle of Chapter 2 of The Witcher 2. I also think I figured out my missing 'Faery' book problem in Divinity Original Sin, so I may finally be able to finish the game.

Once those 2 are complete, then I can consider Pillars. And when is Torment supposed to be released? I backed that one, I didn't back Pillars.

News Comments > Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus
18. Re: Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus Mar 23, 2015, 12:31 Krovven

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 10:49:
I've got 20 million gold and it just keeps climbing.

20 Million gold is nothing. That'll be gone with a bunch of gem combines or enchants.

The devs seem to be going from one extreme to the next. First when RoS launched gold was somewhat scarce (unless you carried over billions from 1.8). Then they increased gold drops and added in the Vault, etc. If you get a few Vaults and goblin packs you will have several hundred million gold and never have to worry about it again.

I'm sure they are working on ways to make use of excess gems and to make gold more useful, and have even stated as such briefly in the past (when people were upset over the enchant gem change with no way to break down previously combined gems). My guess though is we won't see anything like this until the next expansion. How best to solve the excess gem problem, than to make the ones we have now obsolete.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
52. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 21, 2015, 20:51 Krovven

CeeKay wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 19:47:
Controller feels superior to keyboard+mouse.

I heard the same about The Witcher 2, but since I never tried it with a controller I never felt the need to think the keyboard+mouse was inferior. Therefore, if I never try Witcher 3 with a controller I should feel the same way.

My real dilemma is do I grab this right away, or wait for the inevitable 3.0 (aka Enhanced) version.

I wouldn't say a controller is superior for Witcher 2...I think both control methods have their pros and cons.

But some of the changes to combat do indeed make the mouse less needed than it was in the first game.

47. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 21, 2015, 19:20 Krovven

If you are button mashing in either Witcher game...you are doing it wrong.

Button mashing in the Witcher is about as effective as button mashing in the Batman Arkham games; so not at all.

And there was no aim assist in the first game, because there was no gamepad support. You had to time your attacks or it would break your combos. Aim assist is weak in TW2 and is ineffective most of the time. With the gamepad you use the right stick to aim towards your next target to change your target of attack (just like in Batman). You can use the L1 button to lock, but that will get you killed more than anything.

40. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 21, 2015, 16:43 Krovven

Vall Forran wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 14:48:
It actually never crossed my mind to try the Witcher with a controller... Maybe I would've died a lot less in combat.

You can't use a controller for The Witcher, but you can for The Witcher 2.

After preordering on GoG way back when and playing the prologue several times with mouse and keyboard, I finally settled in a few days ago and started playing TW2...using a gamepad so I can sit comfortably on the sofa while I enjoy the never ending stream of dialogue.

The UI is a little annoying to navigate using the gamepad, no quick button to Map, Journal etc suck and you can't bind the "back" button on the 360 pad for the game

Combat in TW2 with a gamepad I however find a bit better with a gamepad over the mouse. How things worked in the first game with the mouse, they don't work quite the same in the 2nd.

As the game progresses though, combat becoming more difficult and you have to start switching targets more often (without breaking your combos)...the gamepad will lose its effectiveness I think.

News Comments > New Diablo III Season Next Month
3. Re: New Diablo III Season Next Month Mar 20, 2015, 22:29 Krovven

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 21:43:
Good. This season felt exactly like Season 1 since there was sweet fuck all different in the grand scheme of things.

Well that's just wrong.

How quickly people forget the first 3 months of Season 1 versus the final 2-3 weeks of Season 1.

The reason it "feels" the same is because they patched 2.1 before Season 1 ended, which was just a plain old stupid thing to do. It completely fucked what people had done for the first 3 months of the season.

Season 1 was a throw away and everyone knew that going in, or should have known as the writing was on the wall from the first week with so many people using exploits to level and gear up ridiculously fast.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Closed Beta This Month
4. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Closed Beta This Month Mar 19, 2015, 14:17 Krovven

I rarely play it, but SC2 really is a great game and even more-so with all the mods, and I'm not even into playing multiplayer skirmishes.

I haven't finished Heart of the Swarm yet (got distracted by other games over the years), but I still have it installed and I'll get around to it eventually. Maybe I'll just wait until Legacy of the Void comes out and play it all again from the beginning.

My biggest issues I think is it's not a game I can just jump into now and then. You have to commit to SC2 or you forget what everything does and the hotkeys to control them.

News Comments > Atari and Llamasoft Spar Over Tempest Game
4. Re: Atari and Llamasoft Spar Over Tempest Game Mar 19, 2015, 14:12 Krovven

I was all ready to completely side with Jeff Minter on this...but then I looked up a gameplay vid on YouTube. It really does look exactly like Tempest 2000. Even your ship is the same.

Sorry Jeff Minter, you lose.

News Comments > More LucasArts Games on GOG.com
5. Re: More LucasArts Games on GOG.com Mar 19, 2015, 13:57 Krovven

Anyone bought and tried Outlaws yet?

Does it have the music in-game (as it was cd before)?

Does Hardware rendering work?

Multiplayer work at all? I assume not as it says "single player". BUt didn't the game have direct IP before?

News Comments > Descent: Underground Single-Player Details
8. Re: Descent: Underground Single-Player Details Mar 15, 2015, 16:20 Krovven

Orogogus wrote on Mar 15, 2015, 14:33:
I feel like people on this board are kind of jerks about MP. There are a lot of games that are MP only now, but just because you don't care about MP doesn't mean no one else does, or that it's the majority view. I played a lot of MP Descent in my dorm (mostly co-op), it was our go-to game more than DOOM or Warcraft.

Uhh, who was saying nobody cares about MP?

Most people don't want a MP only game from an unproven dev.

News Comments > Two Free Evolve Maps Coming
17. Re: Two Free Evolve Maps Coming Mar 13, 2015, 16:20 Krovven

jdreyer wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 14:21:
Primalchrome wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 11:12:
Evolve is similar to Titanfall. It is a game with a fun, but very limited, gimmick.

I was going to say that both TF and Evolve were trying to copy the CoD/BF model of charging for map packs, but it just isn't working for them.

I thought the whole point was Evolve ISN'T charging for map packs. Hence the title of the story is "Two free map packs". They are overcharging for cosmetic DLC, and otherwise have a poor business model. But the right thing they have done is not split the player base by DLC content.

Game still looks boring as hell to play.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Mar 13, 2015, 00:15 Krovven

jdreyer wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 22:25:
Jivaro wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 22:13:
My youngest step-daughter and I played the hell out of Burnout Paradise on the PS3. I like the arcade type racers, so this was a blast. The people who dig more realistic games probably weren't as happy with it.

Does the PC version support wheels?

Pretty sure it does, but I think we just play with controllers.

Pretty sure I had a wheel for my PS3 at the time and played it a little bit and didn't like the way it handled with the wheel. I seem to recall using the SIXAXIS motion control and liking it, but ultimately when races got harder I think I switched back to the analog sticks, as there was still a little bit of latency with SIXAXIS.

I own it on Steam (couple $$ during a sale), but haven't actually played the PC version.

News Comments > Op Ed
37. Re: Op Ed Mar 11, 2015, 16:03 Krovven

descender wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 13:55:
Since when do articles require the writer to have solutions to the problems they write about? That's not their job, nor should it be.

God forbid, the article might have to contain information actually worth reading!

Complaining for the sake of complaining is not interesting or useful in any way.

Ever read anything other than a gaming site? Maybe a newspaper or magazine? It is not a journalists job to provide solutions to problems they write about. Thinking as much is just pure idiocy.

News Comments > Op Ed
34. Re: Op Ed Mar 11, 2015, 13:41 Krovven

AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 13:10:
Verno wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 14:11:
The article makes some good points but doesn't really propose any real solutions. The volume alone makes Greenlight tedious for everyone involved but curating content by staff had its own set of complaints from devs/users. Perhaps some sort of hybrid system is best, I don't know.

Ya I felt the same way about it. If something isn't working, complaining about it is fine if you also offer some possible solutions/alternatives.

Maybe they don't have any, but then I probably wouldn't complain about something I can't think of a way to do better.

Since when do articles require the writer to have solutions to the problems they write about? That's not their job, nor should it be.

The main point of the article was to point out that Valve stated a long time ago they wanted to change it and have neither done or said anything about it.

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Op Ed Mar 11, 2015, 13:38 Krovven

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 07:51:
Krovven wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 01:26:
Since when is that considered a bad thing?
Since they decided to: Not follow the law, lie, run smear campaigns, refused to operate under any form of disclosure, and so on

I'm sorry. What law would that be? As for the rest, you can say all those things but it doesn't make them true. Post facts.

7245 Comments. 363 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo