Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 7594 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > GTA Online Bonuses
2. Re: GTA Online Bonuses Jul 20, 2015, 19:08 Krovven

I'm still wondering when they will add bonuses that long time players will give a crap about.

Money bonus, ok. Helpful. On just one event, not helpful.

RP bonuses at any time...only helpful to those still leveling up.

Discounts on stuff I already bought a long time ago...not helpful.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC
32. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC Jul 19, 2015, 23:44 Krovven

ForgedReality wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 22:05:
Krovven wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 21:07:
gravity wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 18:45:
Flatline wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 18:28:
Also, the new controls scheme is MUCH better.

*DITTO* on this^ - I'm much happier with enabling alternate controls. I almost wish they had enabled it by default, as it's much improved.

I feel like Geralt is less... confused?

While I didn't really have a problem with the way Geralt moved before, I do like the more responsive alternate system now, which basically feels like Witcher 2.

Framerate hasn't changed that much for me, as I was already sitting at 50fps, but I am able to have hairworks at 8x instead of 4x with everything else maxed. The single biggest boost though is foilage draw distance. Drop that to medium instead of max and I gain 10fps. So with everything maxed except that I'm sitting at an average of 50fps.

Yeah I was fine with the way it was before. I enabled the alternate mode and didn't notice anything different. Can someone point it out for me? Maybe I just play differently than everyone else or something, somehow.

Fewer animations when he starts and stops movement as well as turning.

27. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC Jul 19, 2015, 21:07 Krovven

gravity wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 18:45:
Flatline wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 18:28:
Also, the new controls scheme is MUCH better.

*DITTO* on this^ - I'm much happier with enabling alternate controls. I almost wish they had enabled it by default, as it's much improved.

I feel like Geralt is less... confused?

While I didn't really have a problem with the way Geralt moved before, I do like the more responsive alternate system now, which basically feels like Witcher 2.

Framerate hasn't changed that much for me, as I was already sitting at 50fps, but I am able to have hairworks at 8x instead of 4x with everything else maxed. The single biggest boost though is foilage draw distance. Drop that to medium instead of max and I gain 10fps. So with everything maxed except that I'm sitting at an average of 50fps.

19. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC Jul 19, 2015, 17:13 Krovven

Kxmode wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 17:00:
Awesome! Geralt lost a lost of weight. Before the patch he weighed 112/160 pounds. Now he weighs 55/160 pounds. Thanks CD Projekt Red Diet Systems!

10/10 would force Geralt's fat ass to diet again.

" All crafting components and alchemy ingredients now weigh nothing."

I don't think most people were having an issue with weight due to the Saddlebags, but I think this is more to help the hoarders and those broom collectors.

15. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC Jul 19, 2015, 16:50 Krovven

LOL 7gb patch. Bigger than many games.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Patch Next Month
12. Re: Into the Black Jul 19, 2015, 01:38 Krovven

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 01:10:
Krovven wrote on Jul 18, 2015, 23:13:
I haven't had that much of a problem with the game as others, but what the hell got fucked up in the code that it takes this long...incompetent.

I've read theories that they didn't properly adapt it from the unified memory of the consoles to the split pools of the PC. Supposedly when it goes to move data between the two types of RAM it doesn't have the speed it's looking for leading to the stuttering or massive frame drops depending on how powerful your rig is. If that's true it isn't something they can fix quickly. Considering there were entire graphical effects missing from the game (until the 1st patch) it isn't unreasonable to believe they fucked the memory management up that badly too.

I'll give that a read. It would explain a lot. I can see people spending $2000 on a computer and unknowingly or cheaping out and getting low clock speed ram.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Patch Next Month
8. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Patch Next Month Jul 18, 2015, 23:13 Krovven

For it to be taking this long is ridiculous. And that it could be several more months another patch is even worse.

I haven't had that much of a problem with the game as others, but what the hell got fucked up in the code that it takes this long...incompetent.

News Comments > What The Flock? Multiplayer Game Will End When Enough Players Die
24. Re: What The Flock? Multiplayer Game Will End When Enough Players Die Jul 17, 2015, 22:50 Krovven

Mac wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 05:42:
Ozmodan wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 22:40:
Well screw that studio and their stupid game. Like I would ever spend a dime on such a stupid premise.

You're probably the sort who buys the annual rehashed CoD, Fifa, etc games though ... because their business model is so much better? Oh wait a minute, no it isn't ... you get rehashed games and servers go offline ... this is just a much more honest way of doing the same plus without the rehashing!

To my knowledge Activision has never shut down servers for CoD. Let's put it this way, there are far more games that use Steam Matchmaking or Dedicated Servers that have never been shut down. Companies shut down games that nobody plays anymore. Others shut them down early to try an get you to buy the next version.

Shutting them down way too early shouldnt be acceptable, nor should baking into a game a finite ending for a PvP game before it's even released. It's a stupid idea and one that should not be supported.

The same fools that spent money on Molyneux's "experiment" are the same fools that would spend money on something like this.

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2015, 22:56.

News Comments > Brothers In Arms Rearming
16. Re: Brothers In Arms Rearming Jul 17, 2015, 17:14 Krovven

I thought BiA was fun at first...a few hours in though I realized that their gameplay mechanics consisted of just playing digital Whack-A-Mole. Never played another one again.

News Comments > No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall?
32. Re: No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall? Jul 16, 2015, 20:34 Krovven

A few weeks, ok. A few months, not ok.

Hopefully WB & Rocksteady will make statement regarding this.

News Comments > What The Flock? Multiplayer Game Will End When Enough Players Die
6. Re: What The Flock? Multiplayer Game Will End When Enough Players Die Jul 16, 2015, 20:03 Krovven

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 19:40:
You could call this a suicidal business idea

Yea whoever thought this would be a good idea needs to be fired.

News Comments > Deadpool Game Returns
10. Re: Deadpool Game Returns Jul 16, 2015, 16:52 Krovven

Frijoles wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 15:58:
Brazor wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 11:45:
That's a long negotiating process for one game.

Well this is Valve we're talking about.

What do you think this has to do with Valve? They aren't the developer, publisher or owner of the licensing involved.

News Comments > Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds
31. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 14, 2015, 22:19 Krovven

ViRGE wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 21:04:
harlock wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 20:54:
What fucking BONEHEAD at cig thinks that refunding dsmarts money will actually make him shut up, or change direction AT ALL??? these dumbasses are playing right into each others hands, he's only getting more publicity, more people to look at how shitty his games are and how much of a psuedo-psychotic moron he is... and cig pouting and taking their ball home, crying about "sinister" intentions and so forth, saying "btw, no refunds we have your money, thanks"
I don't believe there's anything sinister here, but it does seem like it was a poorly thought out idea. Smart is one of their biggest detractors, and now they just silenced him rather than fully addressing his concerns. It looks bad.

People have the right to ask questions. They don't have the right to be malicious about it.

The problem isn't that he is vocal as much as it is a huge conflict of interest. His antics are a defamation suit waiting to happen.

If an employee from any of the major companies behaved the way DSmart has towards another developer, they would quickly be unemployed.
Could you imagine Moore and Kotick publicly talking this kind of shit about their development processes?

News Comments > Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds
9. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 14, 2015, 19:58 Krovven

Out of curiosity I just had a quick look to see how many people were playing Line of Defense right now...ZERO. Not a single 1.

Good for CIG for taking this step. Now...stop selling promises, opening more studios and get to work to get a playable out to the people that care. I'm not one of them. I just hate Derek Smart more.

News Comments > Jade Raymond Joins EA
10. Re: Jade Raymond Joins EA Jul 13, 2015, 15:28 Krovven

ForgedReality wrote on Jul 13, 2015, 13:08:
If her career weren't shot to hell before, it is now.

Oh yea? Why is that?

I wasn't aware that making the rounds from Sony, to EA, to Ubisoft and back to EA while consistently climbing up the corporate ladder equaled a shot career.

News Comments > Depth Free Weekend
10. Re: It was fun for a few minutes for me! :D Jul 12, 2015, 12:39 Krovven

Ant wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 21:25:
...for my two/2 cents.

What exactly was the point of deleting your own post, just to post a link of the exact same comment on your personal blog?

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC DLC Delay Confirmed
23. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC DLC Delay Confirmed Jul 12, 2015, 12:36 Krovven

Linksil wrote on Jul 12, 2015, 12:10:

I said that's a way to play it without the stuttering that's making is such a big deal to you. I've got a 770 and when I removed the cap it's between 30-60fps which is normal for most games on my dated system.

The stutter is there with the cap on or off. I personally don't really notice it when I'm playing unless I'm specifically watching for it. I see it more when I'm just watching the video. I can also totally see the hitching being much worse on lesser systems. Yet some with lesser systems have said it runs just fine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpzc4ORHYnI

But I do disagree with you about the DLC. If they aren't selling the game, then they shouldn't sell the DLC until the game is ready. On the other hand, they could just make it available to those that did prepay for the Seasons Pass.

I think it would be a nice gesture for them to make the Batgirl DLC available to everyone that had the game still on their Steam account prior to it being taken down from sale. Then this would probably upset some folks that preordered the Seasons Pass. No matter what they do, they will upset someone.

21. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC DLC Delay Confirmed Jul 12, 2015, 12:20 Krovven

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 12, 2015, 07:30:

It's a trainwreck of a port.

You are just parroting what others are saying as you don't own the game.

My experience makes that statement false. Someone else's experience makes it true. Quinn's complaints are based entirely upon micro-stuttering that the normal person isn't going to give a shit about. Rattlehead after all his posturing about how bad the game was, that he refunded it and was going to pirate it...never payed for it in the first place and continued to play it despite claiming it was unplayable.

I have several friends that are running the game just fine on their PC's. I see posts from people all over that it runs just fine for them on both new and old machines.

There are problems, absolutely. But I'll keep saying it until I'm blue in the face...I take the majority of complaints with a grain of salt.

15. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC DLC Delay Confirmed Jul 12, 2015, 06:24 Krovven

Quinn wrote on Jul 12, 2015, 05:57:
Linksil wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 22:12:
Quinn wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 21:37:

Lets make one thing absolutely clear: You most probably do not have a better rig than mine and you do have the same stutters I was having, but you are simply less susceptible to it. Krovven posted with the same bravado as you and even uploaded a video to proof his game did not have performance issues, which it obviously had to me a person who is EXTREMELY susceptible to fps drops and stutters.

So, with that in mind... GFY.

I've got a pretty old rig in gaming years. Most of the reason I don't have any issues with the game is because i'm not trying to run it beyond my rig. Yes there are port issues, and things that shouldn't have made it into a PC port for us master race users.(Batmobile for all the fun handles horrible on mouse/keyboard being very minor but annoying.) But I'm not having any suttering. I'm very good at noticing fps drops and stutters. I've had maybe 3 times were my frames dropped below the 30fps cap and never had the stuttering that others have posted in videos. I've had multiple people over watching me play and they couldn't notice anything either. Maybe some people are overly sensitive (same thing said about 3D) but if your rig is as good as you say it is, just run it at the 30fps cap and you'll be good.

Ehm, I didn't buy a GTX980 to play a game at 30fps. But apparently you can play this at 30fps and be happy with it :/

Because editing a config file is HARD! Right?

We all get that it's dumb that it's not an option in-game to unlock it, let alone being locked in the first place, but that's not a problem preventing the game from running properly. It doesn't break the game in any way.

Are you so elite with your high end computer that you are incapable of editing a text file? Last I checked, being able to edit these files was one of the perks of PC gaming and not something that PC gamers generally whine about being able to do.

News Comments > Depth Free Weekend
9. Re: It was fun for a few minutes for me! :D Jul 11, 2015, 22:58 Krovven

WinXP isn't supported by Microsoft anymore. Why would anyone support it for a game release anymore?

7594 Comments. 380 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo