Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6811 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale (1)
25. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 14:23 Krovven

Beamer wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 13:21:
Shadow Warrior is $10 on Humble Bundle. Worth it?
Did it go that low on Steam?

Yes, several times recently. 4 times in December to be specific.

http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/price?plain=shadowwarrior

People really need to install the Steam extension in Chrome.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed
33. Re: Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed Jan 2, 2014, 14:14 Krovven

Fantaz wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 13:20:
none of the games i bought in-store, besides Valve ones, have required me to activate or install them over Steam... and i buy a lot of the new mainstream ones too.

That's still very evasive as you've mentioned no specific titles. I'm hard pressed to think of any specific AAA modern titles that wouldn't require activation on one service or another, be it Steam, UPlay, Origin, or even registering an account on a website.

I know games like Call of Duty need Steam but those i play on PS3/360 anyways.

You don't see the irony in this at all? Microsoft and Sony could limit the access you have to your games on their systems as well, just like Steam. In fact, multiplayer games on consoles have a far worse track record of having their multiplayer servers shut down as they do basically yearly sweeps of server shut downs.

This comment was edited on Jan 2, 2014, 14:20.

28. Re: Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed Jan 2, 2014, 13:13 Krovven

And you still didn't answer my question. What modern PC games do you buy, if you boycott Steam?

13. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 13:11 Krovven

siapnar wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 13:03:
Is Natural Selection II worth it? Looks like an interesting concept and it's visually appealing, but I could maybe see it getting old, fast..

Not for $21. It's been a fraction of that price before. Personally I couldn't get into the game, but it also runs like crap on my machine, so my patience with it was thin.

12. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 13:07 Krovven

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:54:
Krovven wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:50:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:48:
panbient wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:45:
That and I got #10 like three times in a row hahaha
Just sell it on the market and buy the one your are missing.
Those cards will disappear from your account tomorrow

Uhhm, why would they disappear from his account? The Summer Sale cards are still available on the Market, which means they are still in peoples inventories.

It is different this time, read the Steam page
http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/snowglobefaq

Unlike previous badges, once the sale ends the cards will disappear. Make sure to trade and craft your badges before Jan 3rd 11am PST.

That sucks, for a lot of people. Personally I don't care, as I've been selling them as I get them. Odd that they changed it, but I suppose they want to be able to reuse them next year, whereas there is no point in reusing the Summer Sale cards.

25. Re: Into the Black Jan 2, 2014, 13:02 Krovven

NegaDeath wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:56:
Krovven wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:43:
At the time the original Forbes article was published, Order of War was not on Steam, period. So unless people went back to the article, they would not have seen the update. And Techie didn't link to the article, that I can see, he just referenced it.

Order of War:Challenge was removed from Steam because that's the online expansion that was shut down. Order of War was still available.

And you are correct I mistakenly said he linked to it, brain fart on my end. However he said google it and that was the first relevant result so close enough.

Again...2-3 days ago when that article was first published (and posted on Blues)...Order of War was completely removed from Steam. You could not access it from the Store page, it did not show up on a search on Steam. I tried, as did others when it was first posted. And someone that does own the game, had checked their Steam account and it was indeed gone. It has since been changed.

22. Re: Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed Jan 2, 2014, 12:54 Krovven

Fantaz wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:52:
this is why i don't buy Steam games

What games do you buy then? Pickings would be pretty slim for modern PC games if you boycott Steam.

6. Re: On Sale (1) Jan 2, 2014, 12:50 Krovven

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:48:
panbient wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:45:
That and I got #10 like three times in a row hahaha
Just sell it on the market and buy the one your are missing.
Those cards will disappear from your account tomorrow

Uhhm, why would they disappear from his account? The Summer Sale cards are still available on the Market, which means they are still in peoples inventories.

18. Re: Into the Black Jan 2, 2014, 12:43 Krovven

Mad Max RW wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:39:
NegaDeath wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:37:
Techie714 wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:33:
Say that to the owners of "Order of war" that Steam removed from the owners library...Granted it was a crap game that nobody really played but still.

That didn't happen. Read the Forbes article you linked all the way to the end, they made a mistake and made a correction at the bottom. The game is still available on Steam.

How dare you read! Next thing you know it will become contagious and fewer people will cry about NOTHING. And then where will this place be?

At the time the original Forbes article was published, Order of War was not on Steam, period. So unless people went back to the article, they would not have seen the update. And Techie didn't link to the article, that I can see, he just referenced it.

16. Re: Into the Black Jan 2, 2014, 12:38 Krovven

Techie714 wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:33:
NegaDeath wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:31:
NamecaF wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 12:25:
That's what I've been saying for ages. This whole move from physical to digital where you dont own anything but rather are loaned a license which can be taken away at whim is one of the worst things to happen to gaming in recent years. Convenience is great, but at what cost?

Noone is "losing their games". These titles are being taken off the market, anyone who purchased them is still free to play them.

Say that to the owners of "Order of war" that Steam removed from the owners library...Granted it was a crap game that nobody really played but still.

Order of War isn't a Steam thing though, it's a SquareEnix thing. Edit: I see it's been updated and back on Steam, thanks for the info Nega.

SquareEnix has to be laughing right now. People that don't know the difference are slinging their shit at Steam, instead of them. This is not going to be something unique to Steam, now or in the future.

This comment was edited on Jan 2, 2014, 12:44.

3. Re: Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed Jan 2, 2014, 11:30 Krovven

What kind of stupid ass licensing agreement was signed that they couldn't continue selling existing products beyond the expiration of that deal? Nevermind, who greenlit making a game for release months before the end of that deal. Could you imagine if Fox or Sony could simply no longer sell their licensed IP based movies after the rights reverted back to Marvel?

News Comments > World of Warcraft Pricing Survey
14. Re: World of Warcraft Pricing Survey Jan 2, 2014, 11:24 Krovven

You miss the point. Multi boxers more often than not degraded the gaming experience for others around them. Just because a few people were good at multi boxing or a few people enjoyed the challenge of dealing with multi boxers, hundreds of thousands of people were adversely effected by them whether it be an instance, raid, BG, or just the detrimental effect reselling characters has on the game.

As a multi boxer that already stated how you were effected by the change, I don't expect you to understand at all. Doesn't mean much to me anyways as I haven't played in a long time not do I plan to.

This comment was edited on Jan 2, 2014, 15:53.

12. Re: World of Warcraft Pricing Survey Jan 2, 2014, 00:14 Krovven

Frags4Fun wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 20:54:
They haven't sent this to any of my accounts but maybe it's because I have been off since last March when they boned all the multiboxers by not warning us that they were killing multiboxing in randoms. They snuck in the change before any of us could cancel our alt accounts. The damned patch came a day or two after I was billed. Bastards! I was steaming mad. I sent them several nasty messages expressing my dissatisfaction. Their company can crash and burn for all I care.

The removal of /follow in instances and BGs was a great change that improved the game. I fucking hated people that multi boxed in BGs and instances. They were a pain in the ass to play with and play against. In instances they were never as good as having a real person controlling one character. And in BGs it opened up way too many exploits. It also hurt people leveling characters to sell.

So I have zero sympathy for those that were effected by the change. If you stopped playing a game because you couldn't multi box, then I doubt nobody misses you.

3. Re: World of Warcraft Pricing Survey Jan 1, 2014, 13:27 Krovven

Interesting that I haven't received this email, yet.

Not really interested in WoW anymore, even with a new expansion. I played Pandaland for less than a month, got my Death Knight to lvl 90 in the quest areas and never bothered to log in again.

News Comments > GOG.com Drops Fallout Games
8. Re: GOG.com Drops Fallout Games Jan 1, 2014, 13:25 Krovven

panbient wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 13:17:
Krovven wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 12:48:
Curious to see what is done with the Fallout games on Steam...if they just change the Publisher to Bethesda or if they get removed as well.

They're still on sale as of right now, and still list Interplay as the publisher. Who knows how long that will last though.

I'm aware of this...which is why I posted that I was curious to see what is done...

News Comments > New Year's Consolidation
4. Re: 60 bucks for a year-old game Jan 1, 2014, 12:52 Krovven

Blue posted this story yesterday, did it really warrant posting again?

See my comments there, if you care.

Simple answer...don't buy it if you don't want it.

News Comments > GOG.com Drops Fallout Games
6. Re: GOG.com Drops Fallout Games Jan 1, 2014, 12:48 Krovven

Curious to see what is done with the Fallout games on Steam...if they just change the Publisher to Bethesda or if they get removed as well.

News Comments > On Sale
22. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2014, 00:27 Krovven

Pogo is owned by EA and is their "casual" game site. Why you would have to register there for Mass Effect I have no idea, and why it has anything to do with Origin or buying Mass Effect on Steam...makes absolutely no sense.

News Comments > New Year's Eve Consolidation
17. Re: Tomb Raider producer defends $60 Definitive Edition Dec 31, 2013, 22:19 Krovven

killer_roach wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 21:33:
Fletch wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 18:52:
Would it have been that hard to slap an emulator chip onto the mainboard that kicks in whenever a PS3 game is inserted?

Yes, actually. By moving from Cell to AMD Jaguar, Sony is dealing with a slower CPU now with the PS4 (from the perspective of floating point - the PS4 is faster in integer calculations). They'd effectively have to put the PS3's CPU (and likely GPU) onto the PS4 mainboard, which would be a considerable cost increase in terms of manufacturing as well as drawing more power and making it that much more difficult to dissipate heat. Even in the case of Microsoft's consoles, where it's a bit more straightforward, eight x86 cores at 1.75GHz simply aren't going to have the grunt to emulate three physical PPC cores (six virtual) at 3.2GHz.

I don't really understand everyones obsession with having consoles be backwards compatible. There have been very very few consoles that have featured backwards compatibility, and all it does it increase production and support costs.

News Comments > New Year's Eve Consolidation
16. Re: Tomb Raider producer defends $60 Definitive Edition Dec 31, 2013, 22:16 Krovven

saluk wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 21:19:
Fletch wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 18:52:
^lol

And I don't see how improved graphics is an incentive for people to spend another $60 on a game they've already played on PS3, but I guess it does allow new console owners to somewhat rationalize buying the thing. I wish developer mouthpieces would quit including it in their bullet points, though. It's the gameplay, stupid.

My theory is that this is just an excuse to recoup some of the costs on a game that sold *dismally*. I do find it funny how they keep talking this re-release up like it's actually been updated at all, and yet never mention any gameplay enhancements. I'm curious how many actual man-hours went into this port, beyond the typical porting process. My theory - none.

So porting to a new console has zero man hours? /boggle I'm not defending their price, but you contradict yourself. This is standard fare and nothing new. Re-release a game on a new console and jack the price to get early adopters. I'm surprised they have even bothered to up the graphics.

And Tomb Raider didn't sell "dismally". Some idiot at SquareEnix had forecasted the game would sell 6 million copies in it's first month, when no other Tomb Raider game had sold anywhere close to that. 3.4 Million in the first month is an amazing number for this and the majority of games. In-fact this Tomb Raider game has been the fastest and best selling Tomb Raider game in the entire series.

6811 Comments. 341 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo