Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 7434 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
7. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched Jun 5, 2015, 16:49 Krovven

Retired wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 16:10:
Frijoles wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 16:07:
Darks wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 16:03:
Nice patch, but I don't understand why they reduced the amount of coin that chest and creatures give. Its hard enough getting Coin in this game without them making it even harder now.

Yeah, I'm already broke as is from having to repair my gear all the time.

I hoard everything and sell crap gear instead of breaking it down. Are you guys breaking everything down?

Things cost more in the harder difficulties.

There were several gold exploits (based on the patch notes alone). I knew about the Pearls but I didn't know about the Cow's. I hadn't done either.

I've been kinda holding off for patches and more of the dlc to release. So many other games to play right now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Machine Preorders
25. Re: Steam Machine Preorders Jun 4, 2015, 20:45 Krovven

I'll be getting a Steam Controller for sure, it's just a matter of when. I'm not keen on ordering from EB Canada to get it early, but we'll see.

Edit: From what I can tell on their website, the pre-order is pickup only? Not going to go through and make an account to see if they ever give me the option for shipping.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
116. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 4, 2015, 18:46 Krovven

Vall Forran wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 18:02:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 17:03:
Didn't some mod add ambient occlusion for Skyrim? I remember trying and then turning it off because it slowed things down enough to be annoying. My video card is kind of old though.

What I want out of Fallout 4 is:

Stuttering fix
64bit exe that can use maximum RAM available
Mod support, of course
FO:NV style "hard core" option

That about covers it. If there are a lot of graphic options I can't turn on or if my card just isn't good enough anymore I will totally upgrade it for Fallout 4. I'm going to wait and see how performance is first though.

I'm sorry, but ambient occlusion is fucking expensive. What you *perceive* as AO, is actually just baked into the textures. AO is pretty much the last thing you do with a finished environment, so (pre-alpha) fuck off with that noise.

That isn't true and hasn't been for a very long time.

News Comments > Steam Machine Preorders
22. Re: Steam Machine Preorders Jun 4, 2015, 17:04 Krovven

ForgedReality wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 15:16:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 14:59:
saluk wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 14:40:
Definitely picking up the controller. My pc is already hooked up to an hdtv so... no real benefit there.

449 is pretty good. Less than half what my friend paid for his mac that he bought to "get into pc gaming".

What kind of "friend" are you ?

PC gaming on a mac. HAHAHAHAHAHH!!! Someone's friend was trolling him.

Not that I'd ever recommend a Mac for a gamer, but it's no longer the year 2000. There are over 1900 Mac games on Steam and many newer AAA games.

This day and age, the only reason for games to not be on Mac are because the Publisher/Developer didn't want to support them.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
111. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 4, 2015, 16:59 Krovven

Needs HairWorks.

FO3 looked like crap compared to games back then.

This looks ok, still stylized and I'll fine with that.

But neither FO3 or FNV kept my interest past the first 30 minutes. Good thing they were dirt cheap. So I safely have no interest in this.

Sadly it means I'm going to have to hear about Fallout this and Fallout that shit for the next few years.

News Comments > World of Tanks Adds Domination Mode
1. Re: World of Tanks Adds Domination Mode Jun 3, 2015, 19:40 Krovven

This is great for new players that just want to play and not grind up through the tech trees.

You get 3 tier 10 tanks that can only be used in Donination. Highly recommend trying it out.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch Plans
28. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch Plans Jun 1, 2015, 16:29 Krovven

Quinn wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 16:01:
Is it me or do these notes include some rather heavy spoilers? For example, now I know I'll meet Roche again. What would have been a cool surprise is now spoiled. No big deal but still...

Edit: Nevermind, was thinking of a different quest.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
69. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 30, 2015, 01:29 Krovven

ForgedReality wrote on May 30, 2015, 00:35:
Krovven wrote on May 30, 2015, 00:00:
[url=][/url]
harlock wrote on May 29, 2015, 19:01:
theres no respec - its supposed to be more character driven, in that if you fuck up your choices - you live with it

although im sure there will be mods for it, like everything else - including and especially combat, just like there was last time, addressing the same things people are complaining about this time

There IS a respec in the game. 1000 gold from a particular vendor. Found it last night. And no I'm not ruining for people by saying where. I will say though that it's somewhere in Velen.

I found it too but saw no reason to do so.

I didn't buy it either. As I didn't have enough gold and I've only miss spent 1 point to try out that Adrenaline for Vitality if your get to 0 hp. Didnt find that skill useful enough to take up one of the active skill slots.

66. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 30, 2015, 00:00 Krovven

[url=][/url]
harlock wrote on May 29, 2015, 19:01:
theres no respec - its supposed to be more character driven, in that if you fuck up your choices - you live with it

although im sure there will be mods for it, like everything else - including and especially combat, just like there was last time, addressing the same things people are complaining about this time

There IS a respec in the game. 1000 gold from a particular vendor. Found it last night. And no I'm not ruining for people by saying where. I will say though that it's somewhere in Velen.

This comment was edited on May 30, 2015, 00:13.

65. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 29, 2015, 23:56 Krovven

Redmask wrote on May 29, 2015, 18:42:
How about people put up or shut up? If you want to talk about the game, try actually doing that.

We are. You've been the one throwing insults at others and trying to dictate what exactly about the game we should be talking about.

I've actually been very thorough countering the bullshit being spread with facts. And the only person I believe I've insulted directly is that Mack guy, who isn't even here.

This comment was edited on May 30, 2015, 00:02.

News Comments > CDPR: "Too Early" to Discuss Cyberpunk 2077
44. Re: CDPR: May 29, 2015, 15:48 Krovven

Trevellian wrote on May 27, 2015, 15:47:
TOO EARLY TO DISCUSS?

You released a Teaser Trailer for it 2 fucking years ago.

Now you're telling me you haven't even started working on the game? I'm so tired of companies doing this shit. Don't even announce the thing if you're not going to work on it for 2 years.

Unreal.

Where did it say they hadn't even started? You clueless to how long game development takes, the twists and turns that can happen? They have been very clear, prior to this news story that Cyberpunk was a long way off and they were focusing on The Witcher 3.

What's wrong with you that you can't watch a teaser trailer and just enjoy it, without frothing at the mouth because the game doesn't follow it immediately. Are you THAT susceptible to marketing? Advertisers love people like you.

49. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 29, 2015, 15:41 Krovven

Redmask wrote on May 29, 2015, 14:50:
ForgedReality wrote on May 29, 2015, 14:45:
Redmask wrote on May 29, 2015, 14:37:
If people 'whining' bugs so much then just talk about the game and ignore them, otherwise you're just feeding into their bullshit. In fact there are more posts responding to 'whiners' than there actual whiners.

Because there are a couple who keep reprising their presence. That's why they just need to stop. It's disruptive to those of us who know how to play well with others.

They don't need to do anything, you're not in charge.

Nor are you.

48. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 29, 2015, 15:20 Krovven

ForgedReality wrote on May 29, 2015, 14:45:
Redmask wrote on May 29, 2015, 14:37:
If people 'whining' bugs so much then just talk about the game and ignore them, otherwise you're just feeding into their bullshit. In fact there are more posts responding to 'whiners' than there actual whiners.

Because there are a couple who keep reprising their presence. That's why they just need to stop. It's disruptive to those of us who know how to play well with others.

It's ok. Redmask thinks he is Mr smarty pants and likes to tell people what they should be doing and saying regardless of what he agrees with. Just like my bitch girlfriend in high school. So instead of keeping his nose to himself or just sharing an opinion on the matter, he'll tell others how they should be behaving.

This comment was edited on May 29, 2015, 15:37.

News Comments > The Witcher III Exp Bug
37. Re: The Witcher III Exp Bug May 28, 2015, 22:00 Krovven

Overon wrote on May 28, 2015, 19:05:
All well and good and while it is true that he used the most obvious example to demonstrate his point, it is his point that the combat mechanics are simplistic and the keyboard and mouse controls are imprecise.

His entire argument is based on fighting weak humans with swords and shield in the prologue. His argument is entirely inaccurate, therefore his point is entirely inaccurate. The moron himself confessed to finding the Griffin too hard on Easy at the start and had to leave, level up and come back. Why? Because he has no clue how combat works.

You cannot block attacks from the majority of monsters in the game. You can block most attacks from humans. ie: Ghouls, hit through block. Drowners hit through block and stun you. Wolves, yes you can stand there and block all day long while surrounded by say 6 of them. You will quickly diminish the durability on your weapon and if you are surrounded in a chain of blocking every attack, as soon as you try and attack you will be hit 3-4 times and likely not even get a swing off.

It is not possible to simply block/counter your way through this game. Personally I rarely block. I'm not wearing down my gear by letting enemies block my attacks or repeatedly blocking theirs. I've not yet bought a repair kit and have only used ones I've looted.

Far more effective to use their attacks against them by dodging to their side and destroying them. Using the right Signs, Potions and tactics against enemies is a lot of fun, making combat glorious to participate in and watch.

This is not Assassins Creed, the one button wonder game.
His "strategy" for combat will get him NOWHERE in the game really fast.

This comment was edited on May 28, 2015, 22:09.

8. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 28, 2015, 21:46 Krovven

What jacob said. This is the 3rd and 4th free DLC. The 1st and 2nd were available at release.

31. Re: The Witcher III Exp Bug May 28, 2015, 18:08 Krovven

Overon wrote on May 28, 2015, 17:48:
Krovven wrote on May 28, 2015, 16:02:
Hanover wrote on May 28, 2015, 16:00:
ItBurn wrote on May 28, 2015, 15:15:
New vid from Mac about the combat in Witcher 3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIeEZeKN8JE
I think that's the same Worth a Buy video from a week ago. Yep, he still hates the combat.

Yea he linked the wrong video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkFqn1TMeH4

The guy still doesn't have a clue. Yes he showed us he can counter and attack and have no problem against one of the weakest enemies in the game. He showed that he can get enemies stuck in an animation lock where they don't attack.

It's too bad, that what he is complaining about will get him dead against pretty much any other enemy type in the game. Nevermind that it took him 5 minutes to kill 3 basic enemies in a very boring way. and he is quickly destroying his weapons by letting the enemy block every 2nd or 3rd hit. Notice at the end of the video his weapon durability indicator has come up on screen. Weapon destroyed after only fighting against a handful of enemies.

He does not have a clue what he is talking about.

Forgot to mention the targeting issue he brought up first. He keeps moving the camera, therefore the indicated target changes. But none of that matters. What matter is the direction you point the Left stick, or WASD when you make your attack. And if you aren't used the directional control to control your attack, you are a fucking moron...hence Mack.
I couldn't disagree more. The weapon durability issue is barely an issue. Yes weapons get damaged faster when enemies block your attacks but repairing them yourself or at an village is a non issue cause it's cheap. Blocking allows you to block almost all attacks from any directions except bosses, so does the parry.

Not even mentioning the other video where he discusses the crappy movement and demonstrates it. I'm level 8 and I'm in Velen. the only part he gets wrong is he complains about how small White Orchard is and how it takes a few minutes to ride from one end to the other. He says the game is not true open world but is zoned and should mention how you are forced to go back because of the invisible walls. He doesn't seem to realize that Velen gets a lot bigger than White Orchard but it's still zoned. He demonstrates the terrible AI pathfinding, where a horse blocks people from walking around the path. I have experienced quest breaking bugs.

It is absolutely an issue. Its completely unsustainable long term, isn't skillful or even fun.
Don't know about you, but I don't want to be buying and constantly using repair kits or repeatedly going back to town every few minutes. Because what he demonstrates is exactly what you'd have to do if you played the way he does.

The way he fights, does not work against real enemies. Wraiths, Drowners, Werewolves, etc will chew him up if he tries to fight them in the retarded way he demonstrates. In his demonstration If there were more human targets such as archers and mages, he'd be fucked.

Any idiot can take one instance under circumstances that they can gimp their way through combat in most games. Ie: Bloodborne, running pigs over camp fires (as I've seen in vids). It's simply not an accurate depiction of combat as a whole with many enemies all requiring different tactics to defeat.

Let's get something straight here, his review and all his criticisms are based on what amounts to the very beginning of the game. He doesn't know shit. Who can accept anything from some moron that reviews the game before getting out of the prologue?

I'd like to see a video of him encountering Jenny o the Dead for the first time at level 6 or 7 (as I was) and on the 2nd hardest difficulty. Let's see if he can cheese his way through a boss Wraith that will kill you in 2-3 hits and repeatedly summons weaker wraiths to syphon your health to heal Jenny.

This comment was edited on May 28, 2015, 18:14.

29. Re: The Witcher III Exp Bug May 28, 2015, 17:46 Krovven

Overon wrote on May 28, 2015, 17:33:
ForgedReality wrote on May 28, 2015, 11:05:
jomisab wrote on May 28, 2015, 11:01:
ForgedReality wrote on May 28, 2015, 10:54:
I've been doing quests six or more levels ABOVE mine. It's incredibly difficult, and I'm sure I'm going to miss out on some things by doing shit ahead of time, but holy crap this game is too much fun.

Totally. And if CDPR is estimating another 30 hours for the expansions, that probably means another 50-100 hours of actual in-game time.

I'm totally buying them. This has been the best gaming purchase in pretty much ever for me, and I got the $150 Collector's Edition. When I get my 980ti and 40" 4k monitor, I'm so playing it over again. Maybe I won't import my Witcher 2 final savegame this time to see how things are different. Such a glorious game.

And Fuck Worth-A-Buy for being soooooo way off base with his shitty, ignorant review. >:\
Off base? The guy created two videos demonstrating the movement problems and simplistic combat. He actually demonstrated it. He justified his opinion with evidence. That's rare these days.

All he has demonstrated is he is an idiot that doesn't know how to play let alone understand how everything works as a whole. So he can manipulate combat against one of the easiest enemies in the game and ruin the durability of his sword in the process. That proves nothing other than he doesn't understand the overall mechanics of the game.

For those that don't know, durability % directly impacts the effectiveness of your weapons and armor.

This comment was edited on May 28, 2015, 17:53.

26. Re: The Witcher III Exp Bug May 28, 2015, 16:02 Krovven

Hanover wrote on May 28, 2015, 16:00:
ItBurn wrote on May 28, 2015, 15:15:
New vid from Mac about the combat in Witcher 3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIeEZeKN8JE
I think that's the same Worth a Buy video from a week ago. Yep, he still hates the combat.

Yea he linked the wrong video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkFqn1TMeH4

The guy still doesn't have a clue. Yes he showed us he can counter and attack and have no problem against one of the weakest enemies in the game. He showed that he can get enemies stuck in an animation lock where they don't attack.

It's too bad, that what he is complaining about will get him dead against pretty much any other enemy type in the game. Nevermind that it took him 5 minutes to kill 3 basic enemies in a very boring way. and he is quickly destroying his weapons by letting the enemy block every 2nd or 3rd hit. Notice at the end of the video his weapon durability indicator has come up on screen. Weapon destroyed after only fighting against a handful of enemies.

He does not have a clue what he is talking about.

Forgot to mention the targeting issue he brought up first. He keeps moving the camera, therefore the indicated target changes. But none of that matters. What matter is the direction you point the Left stick, or WASD when you make your attack. And if you aren't used the directional control to control your attack, you are a fucking moron...hence Mack.

This comment was edited on May 28, 2015, 16:27.

25. Re: The Witcher III Exp Bug May 28, 2015, 16:00 Krovven

ItBurn wrote on May 28, 2015, 15:44:
Krovven wrote on May 28, 2015, 15:35:
Noticed this before, but playing just now I was frustrated by it again, so thought I'd post.

One of the few issues I have that I hope they change; In the Crafting screen for armor, it doesn't show what class of armor it is (Light, Medium or Heavy). I'm playing in the 2nd hardest difficulty using Light Armor with the Cat School Techniques skill. Not knowing what class of armor I'm making is a problem.

The only major issue I have is not having a separate tab in Inventory for Potions and Bombs.

It does show what type of armor it is, SOMETIMES. It's really broken yeah. Some recipes show it, some don't. I think...

Yea I just came back to update my post, that "some" do say what class of armor they are,while other's don't. I was specifically looking at new boot pattern I just got, and boots seem to be labelled less than say the chest pieces.

20. Re: The Witcher III Exp Bug May 28, 2015, 15:35 Krovven

Noticed this before, but playing just now I was frustrated by it again, so thought I'd post.

One of the few issues I have that I hope they change; In the Crafting screen for armor, it doesn't show what class of armor it is (Light, Medium or Heavy). I'm playing in the 2nd hardest difficulty using Light Armor with the Cat School Techniques skill. Not knowing what class of armor I'm making is a problem.

The only major issue I have is not having a separate tab in Inventory for Potions and Bombs.

7434 Comments. 372 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo