Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6885 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer
34. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 19, 2014, 16:19 Krovven

AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 15:59:
Krovven wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 15:55:
Avoiding the growing quote and not wanting to mess with it on my phone...

With the devs claiming 2h are in a good place and that it's due to the ilvl 63 weapons no longer being available now...then why the hell are 1h rolling over 1300 and 1400 dps when they never rolled that high before? As far as I know they haven't explained that.

That's just the new stat ranges - I'm not sure the question. 2 handers do indeed roll higher, just not by a whole lot. My only point was just that we don't see the whole picture yet.

Not sure where you think the confusion is. When 2h are rolling Dmg in the same range as 1h (they aren't rolling higher), they aren't rolling more stat affixes, the stats they are rolling are only slightly higher and don't have 2 sockets, in most cases they aren't going to compare to dual wield or 1h + offhand. There is plenty of side by side comparisons all over their forums.
Not everyone is going to get RoS. If 1h and 2h aren't balanced for the whole leveling process, it's out of line. If its just fine at lvl 70, that isn't good enough.

Good 1h used to be 975-1250ish with an extremely rare few being higher. Then those were even better with socket and good stats. Good 2h were 1374-1550 with socket and good stats. Now good 1h (at 60) are 1300-1450 with the best 2h I have seen rolling around 1350, most being 1100-1250.

The devs have given 3 excuses. 2h tuned around Crusader using 2h and shield, a bug with 2h rolling as 1h (supposedly fixed now), and the ilvl 63 thing. I dont think they really know and are confused as to how to balance 2h. As I said in another thread, we'll see what happens at lvl 70...but this was a complaint in RoS beta and hasn't changed, so I don't expect it will be better at 70. We shall see.

This comment was edited on Mar 19, 2014, 16:25.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 19, 2014, 16:00 Krovven

Cram wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 15:44:
Darks wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 15:37:
Ill add you guys to my list to once I get on tonight. It will be fun running some area with you guys.

Searched for Bonehunters but couldn't find it. If youre looking for more, I am: Savante#1891

Probably cus I currently have it set to not looking for new members. We've added enough random people.

31. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 19, 2014, 15:55 Krovven

Avoiding the growing quote and not wanting to mess with it on my phone...

With the devs claiming 2h are in a good place and that it's due to the ilvl 63 weapons no longer being available now...then why the hell are 1h rolling over 1300 and 1400 dps when they never rolled that high before? As far as I know they haven't explained that.

22. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 19, 2014, 13:10 Krovven

Cram wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 12:54:
Darks wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 11:56:
BTW, this is my Blizz handle if anyone wants to do some runs. dark#1182

Should start a Blues clan or community. Or perhaps do you know of a good clan that has some room?

Krovven#1128 clan is called BoneHunters. There is 4 or 5 people from Blues in the clan. A bunch of people I've been playing with for a long time in D3, some RL friends as well as some Randoms.

21. Re: Diablo III Australian Server Launches; Reaper of Souls Trailer Mar 19, 2014, 13:03 Krovven

Alamar wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 10:08:
Darks wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 09:57:
Yes it is nin, but some of the loot changes like 2H weapons are still a no go. Why would anyone use a 2H weapon when using two 1H weapons give you more damage and better stats all around over the 2H weapon? No one uses 2H weapons in the game, the stats are still way to low on them. Use loose way to much damage and stats when comparing them.

I play as a monk, and Diabos drop all the time, but im still not giving up my 1H weapons. Again, the stats!

Krovven made this point in game a few weeks ago, concerning Wizards...

But, as I'm running a ray of frost build, 2h is the way to go, even if the damage value is a bit lower...

I had built my char around efficiency, so getting 15s of constant ray of frostness was great for some of the bigger enemies, but when I got a 1h upgrade, I switched, and that 15s was quickly turned into 8s... Yes, my 'mana' was sucked up twice as fast, and my damage may have been increased about 5-10%...

I looked into it and found a helpful post, and it has to do with attack speed using up resources faster, but not providing a dps gain... I believe this is also why whirlwind Barb's are 2H. Not sure, what in the monk uses this dynamic, other than the Tempest Rush (I think it's called), but that's not a dps ability.

-Alamar

Yep. And I did also say there are circumstances where 2h did still work and the example I gave was my Witch Doctor. The issue there however is that I have not found a post patch 2h that even comes close to replacing my Int/Crit dmg/life leech/socket Skorn and yes 1h/offhand eats up my mana too quickly as I didn't have a good enough offhand. Or my Demon Hunter where i can use a 2h Bow with a Quiver. Whereas all my 1h classes I've upgraded my weapons significantly (1300-1400 dps w/ socket) post patch and no new 2h drops make me even consider using a 2h instead. One of the big problems is 2h that don't have 2 sockets. A Marquise Emerald is worth 20k+ dps (varied by your crit chance) all by itself. It's bad enough when a 2h has just 1 socket, but no sockets it's not even worth a second look especially when the Dmg is close to that of a single 1h weapon.

They say it works at lvl 70. Time will tell. But right now I don't see it. In most cases I stand to lose 50k+ dps and additional stats to make a switch and that's just way out of line.

This comment was edited on Mar 19, 2014, 13:15.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Closed
44. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2014, 01:21 Krovven

PropheT wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 18:37:
Axis wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 15:36:
Yea I'm talking this last week, been on V2, had the game for 5 days now. The lag has been terrible every night I've played.

I haven't noticed any lag at all recently, and I've played quite a bit since the loot update. I don't get to play prime time because of my work hours, but the hours I've been on (including the weekends) it's been fine.

There has been some intermittent lag for some people. I'm not so sure it was on Blizzards end of things though. When I have lag I called up my ISP and they had me add the Google DNS numbers and that solved my problem immediately. I always have between 60-75 ping.

News Comments > SimCity Patch Adds Offline Play
13. Re: SimCity Patch Adds Offline Play Mar 18, 2014, 16:56 Krovven

I may still pick this up when it's dirt cheap. But at this point I may as well just wait for Tropico 5.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2014, 15:48 Krovven

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 14:50:
Wallshadows wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 12:45:

Also, grinding in T3+ for loot is terribly inefficient and should only be done for Paragon.
The reality is, you're not going to get new higher tier loot until you start grinding T3+, that's where the good stuff starts dropping.

This is the kind of misinformation (aka: funny stuff) I'm refering to.

At level 60 regardless of which difficulty you play on (Normal to Torment), the same loot drops. As you progress from Torment 1-6 there is an increased chance for legendaries to drop, values are unknown. At level 70 only in Torment there are new Legendaries that can drop as well.

See post #14 http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12090019460

25. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 13:40 Krovven

Some funny stuff in here from people that don't really know what they are talking about. But whatever, most of it won't matter in a week or they'll figure it out soon enough.

2 things though, gems will be needed for Enchanting costs. And T3 is only inefficient if that's all you can handle and is entirely dependent upon your gear. And what you can handle now at lvl 60 is going to change in a week as you progress to 70 and find new gear.

News Comments > Tomb Raider "Exceeded Profit Expectations"
25. Re: Tomb Raider Mar 7, 2014, 14:35 Krovven

Just got it for free on PS+ this week!

News Comments > Op Ed
38. Re: Op Ed Mar 7, 2014, 06:56 Krovven

InBlack wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 04:50:
no Im not bullshiting. I didnt get a orange drop from the King.

Still having a hard time believing you, seeing as this is all over the forums and people have been killing Skeleton King with all their characters to get the guaranteed legendary. And Blizz has even posted that it can't be hotfixed and requires a patch.

I have over 15 bnet friends, they are simply not playing. Why oh why would that be???

So you haven't played the game in a year and a half or more and you are surprised that in the 2-3 hour window that you logged in that nobody else was on. /facepalm

Under settings it specifically states "HARDCORE CHARACTERS CANT CHANGE GAME DIFFICULTY". And everything is greyed out. Granted I was already in the game.

This is why I'm hostile, because of stupid shit like this. You can't even figure out how to do the most basic of things like change the games difficulty settings or join chat channels. I just told you how to change settings and I just told you that you can't lower the difficulty on the fly while in hardcore mode and you still respond with the above.

BTW, it says "You can't lower/raise the difficulty while PLAYING a hardcore hero". Back out to the menu, change the difficulty, load the game. It's not a difficult concept.

And, you are saying the loot hasn't changed and the skills haven't changed. Yet everyone else has been posting about how the loot has changed, how the loots relations to skills has changed and how the game is much more fun. Yet according to the guy that hasn't played since launch, constantly goes into D3 related threads trashing the game, constantly spreading misinformation...nothing in the game has changed. It's impossible to take you seriously or believe a word you say.

There is nothing wrong wih my computer, I currently run and play DCS: World, a very resource hungry and intensive Aeroplane simulation and it runs very very well on my system. The game runs well once it loads, but it keeps loading shit on the fly and during those times there is noticable slowdowns. This is an ENGINE limitation.

Clearly there is. I have an aging Core 2 E6600 2.4ghz cpu, 4gig ram, AMD 5800 series video card with the game running off a 7200rpm hard drive and I don't have problems with the game loading or playing.

This comment was edited on Mar 7, 2014, 07:04.

News Comments > Op Ed
34. Re: Op Ed Mar 7, 2014, 04:26 Krovven

So you killed the Skeleton King and didn't get a Legendary? Considering it's a widely known bug right now that every character (even level 60's) that kill the SK for the first time are getting a Legendary, I call bullshit on that. Were you looting clickable corpses and chests? If not, then you significantly lower your chance at getting Legendaries. They also have a system running in the background that prevents people from going hours and hours without getting a legendary drop. Batman logged on to the game tonight and got a Legendary within 5-10min of playing. 30min later on he joined my group and got another within a few minutes.

Monks are probably the most boring class before patch and still are, in my opinion.

There ARE battle.net chat channels, you have to join them via the options in the chat window, plus you can join Communities for additional chat. Sorry you have no friends, I'm not surprised. Join a clan.

You change the difficulty on the main menu under Game Settings before you are in-game. Hardcore characters cannot lower the difficulty on the fly as can be done in non-hardcore.

If your computer can't handle D3, then something is wrong with your computer. My comp is far slower and older than yours and I run it just fine at 1920x1080, in fact it plays even better since the patch as they have fixed a lot of the art that did cause frame loss for me.

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
99. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 6, 2014, 17:49 Krovven

Up until the launch of RoS. It's not really that big of a bonus, depending what difficulty you are playing and the gear you have and if you are playing in a group.

XP bonuses per difficulty... http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/gameplay/game-difficulty

ie: Hellfire Ring gives a 35% xp increase, but you can't get that until lvl 60, farm some keys and do the Uber boss fights for components to make the ring. There is also the Leorics Ring that provides a bonus up to 30% depending on the roll you got. This ring also now drops at all lvls instead of being a lvl 14 specific drop.

So if you are capable of playing the higher Torment difficulties and play with a group and have the right gear, you can get up to a 3000% xp bonus, which makes the 50% bonus not that big of a deal.

97. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 6, 2014, 15:03 Krovven

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 14:50:
I guess I'll know this soon enough, but when you have two or more level 60 charaters, do you share a common experience bar? Since the Paragon levels are shared across the account...

Paragon xp is account wide. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13020718

96. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 6, 2014, 15:03 Krovven

I've never been a big fan of the Monk and it's my least played class. I got mine to lvl 60 and about 15 Paragon before the patch and haven't really played it since.

http://www.diablofans.com/ has been posting some builds you can try for all the classes over the last few days.

Moldran posted yesterday a video showing some testing with the new stat Area Damage and how powerful it can be. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBQL2MIUSjk

88. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 5, 2014, 14:40 Krovven

Undocumented Alien wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 14:18:
Really? People don't connect their XBOX's and PS3/4's to the internet? That seems like a strange statement considering that the XBone requires it, and the PS4 was also going to do it until they saw Microsoft getting their balls kicked into their brain, then smartly changed course as they saw that people in fact, want an offline option.

Do you even know what you are saying when you post this stuff? I'm not even going to bother typing out the obvious contradiction in what you said here. It speaks for itself.

BTW, Xbox One no longer requires an internet connection (except for initial setup) due to said outcry.

84. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 5, 2014, 13:35 Krovven

Primalchrome wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 12:17:
Krovven wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 04:23:
Primalchrome wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 00:08:
Krovven wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 16:06:
The inclusion of the AH was an attempt at dealing with these problems from D2.
Your naivete is very cute.

As is your idiocy. The AH was Blizz's answer to getting people away from dealing with shady 3rd party sites selling gold an items. They wanted a piece of that, hard to fault them for it.
My idiocy.... They put up the auction house to create a new recurring revenue stream from D3. It was put up for profit...not to fix anything. Do not try to attribute altruism to something obviously motivated by greed. Look, you're a Blizzard fanboi, I get that....but if you want people to believe you're offering logical arguments, don't let the BlizzLove bleed through quite o clearly.

Then why did they have the gold AH at all? Why not just straight up sell items? Why shut them down instead of making changes and keeping the RMAH to keep that profit going? Why make the items BoA and shut both the AH's down? Keep trying troll.

77. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 5, 2014, 04:23 Krovven

Primalchrome wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 00:08:
Krovven wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 16:06:
The inclusion of the AH was an attempt at dealing with these problems from D2.
Your naivete is very cute.

As is your idiocy. The AH was Blizz's answer to getting people away from dealing with shady 3rd party sites selling gold an items. They wanted a piece of that, hard to fault them for it. It worked, but it caused problems with the game. I was all for the inclusion of the GAH, but it hurt the game so I'm all for getting rid of it and going with the system they have now. I'd just like to see them open up the trading to within clan members instead of just the group you are with.

On another note, I got a pretty sweet game breaking helm tonight. Blind Faith, 32.9% chance to blind enemies. Changing my build to pure DPS (320k), my Wiz can solo Torment 6 quite easily with this helm.

Wizards really are a bit OP right now and I wouldn't be surprised if they get nerfed a bit.

68. removed Mar 4, 2014, 18:30 Krovven

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 5, 2014, 07:08.

67. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 18:28 Krovven

Verno wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 17:44:
They could have easily had offline and separate online functionality without impacting it.

Isn't that kind of the point though? There were problems with offline and online Diablo 2. They couldn't easily have a separate offline functionality without having the same problems.

blizzard-says-it-was-wrong-to-allow-offline-play-in-diablo-ii

It comes down entirely to what a few people want and what's better for the whole of the game. They are never going to make everyone happy. Removing the AH has a lot of people upset, making gear BoA has a lot of people upset. But it's for the better of the game.

6885 Comments. 345 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo