Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 7401 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 21, 2015, 21:15 Krovven

Cutter wrote on May 21, 2015, 19:46:
Just give it up already. You can make anything competitive but that does not make it a sport. Poker is a game of skill but it's not a sport. Sitting around on your ass playing a game - no matter how competitively - is not now and never will be a sport. A sport by definition implies at least a modicum of physical activity. Just call it what it is, competitive gaming. How hard is that? Oh right, it's all about marketing and doesn't sound nearly as cool and hardcore. Rolleyes

Definitions for words mean whatever culture decides they mean and are adjusted all the time when it becomes commonplace. There is more than 1 definition and usage of the word Sport.

The word Sport really has morphed into having more of the same meaning as "competition", regardless of physical activity, largely due to these other meanings.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 21, 2015, 20:55 Krovven

NetHead wrote on May 21, 2015, 19:33:
A ball has never been the requirement for something to be a sport, smart-arses, just look at golf.

Are you being sarcastic? If you are, LOL.

If you aren't...GOLF BALL, that's all.

News Comments > Hellraid in Limbo
12. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 21, 2015, 19:54 Krovven

Why do you keep comparing this to Dark Souls. It's not thy kind of game.

This was a combo of Dark Messiah meets Dead Island. Simple fun.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
33. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 18:06 Krovven

jacobvandy wrote on May 21, 2015, 17:49:
The sharpness seems like more of a personal preference thing. Some people like the stark and gritty look as opposed to the smoother and slightly blurry. It just makes low quality assets pop-out more (in a bad way) to me. Particularly the foliage, of which there is a lot in this game...

I'll take another look. Where I was testing was just outside the Nilfgardian(sp?) fort standing on the beach with the small camp looking across water to trees. I'll have to check it in a foilage rich area.

News Comments > Hellraid in Limbo
2. Re: Hellraid in Limbo May 21, 2015, 17:43 Krovven

Noooooo! I was really looking forward to this game...and I thought the release was imminent.

31. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 17:41 Krovven

So there was zero performance gain for me with this patch. Framerate was the same as I left it last night. 48-52fps with Hairworks on and SSAO instead of HBAO @ 1080.

I could only see a difference between the two if I took a screenshot and looked very carefully. HBAO is a 5fps hit for me.

After patch I turned Sharpness to max, saw no difference in fps or quality. Also changed Hairworks AA in the ini file to 4 from 8 and now I'm sitting at 51-55 fps. So I'm happy with that until they add more options.

30. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 17:37 Krovven

mch wrote on May 21, 2015, 16:57:
Krovven wrote on May 21, 2015, 16:48:

Loot messages are way too short as well.

Agreed! I was curious if there was an option to extend the time they're visible...but I haven't looked yet. I'm assuming not?

Might be buried in a settings file, but nothing in-game.

27. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 16:48 Krovven

Verno wrote on May 21, 2015, 09:06:
Flatline wrote on May 20, 2015, 14:47:
Gotta say the art direction is *gorgeous* at times. The first time I rode into the bog forest and the wind kicked up it made me shiver it looked and sounded so great.

I need to update my drivers but using old drivers I get pretty smooth performance in game and in dialogue i drop frames. It's weird.

I'm not a fan of Geralt's movement out of combat. I suspect a patch will fix that though.

Having lots of fun though.

I do wish there would be some sort of analog movement system so that he isn't just running everywhere, its kind of an odd omission considering how console centric many aspects of design are.

Brought this from the other thread to reply...

I miss that as well. I also found that tapping up and down on R stick to turn Geralt around is not as accurate as it was in W2. Sometimes he only turns part way, sometimes not at all.

Someone in another thread had ranted about not being able to do anything without standing still. This is simply not true. You can run over herbs or by crates etc and loot instantly by hitting the A button a few times as you pass over. Had no trouble gathering all the goodies on the Battlefield in short order, or running around gathering some herbs.

I do wish that instead of "Gather Ingredients" it showed the name of the plant. The only way to see the name of the plant before looting it is to open the map and place the cursor over it, then it tells you. But that takes way too long.

Loot messages are way too short as well.

26. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 16:32 Krovven

Darks wrote on May 21, 2015, 13:14:
ForgedReality wrote on May 21, 2015, 11:56:
Waiting on the "Fixed bug where we forgot to include strafing" update.

LOL, Ill second that one.

Hopefully a near future patch.

Not sure what the keyboard default is, but the B button allows you to dodge in ANY direction. This amounts to Strafing. While still leaving the left and right directions on the R stick to turn the character without turning the camera. Therefore L stick can freely move the camera, allowing you view combat from multiple angles and not just over the shoulder.

If you must "strafe" during combat, you can lock onto your opponents. As I said in W2, this is something that will get you killed in a hurry, so its best to learn how to play without locking on targets.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released
88. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 21, 2015, 07:11 Krovven

C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\base\rendering.ini

HairWorksAALevel=4

Change it from 8 to 4.

Hmm, my immediate test seemed to show about 5fps boost, but doing some additional tests and changing other settings...it doesn't seem to be working. I even tried moving the file out to get a new one, loaded the game, file wasn't made and the game still loaded.

This comment was edited on May 21, 2015, 07:26.

84. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 20, 2015, 19:41 Krovven

Graphics enhancement patch coming.

Eurogamer link doesn't load on my phone so posted this instead.

83. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 20, 2015, 18:17 Krovven

SpectralMeat wrote on May 20, 2015, 09:37:
One thing I couldn't do however is add this game to my Steam library as a non steam game so I could play it in my living room streaming it from my gaming pc.
Did anyone figured this out yet?

C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64 is where the witcher3.exe is located.

First thing I did was add it to Steam, no problem. It doesn't show up in the list of selectable exe files though, you have to find it.

80. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 20, 2015, 16:22 Krovven

SpectralMeat wrote on May 20, 2015, 15:58:
Just use shadowplay Krovven
No performance hit what so ever, or you can use fraps too it doesn't effect your performance unless you start recording, it will give you a fps counter.
Shadowplay is the best imo though and you already have it installed probably with the Nvidia driver

Check the Steam fps counter, does it give you the same result? I still haven't setup Shadowplay as I dont record my gaming. I will later, eventually, sometime...

79. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 20, 2015, 16:21 Krovven

Without HairWorks

With HairWorks

With HairWorks I take a 5 to 20fps hit depending on what's going on. Playing normally with the camera at normal distance behind him, it's a 5 to 10fps hit that is barely noticeable (but so is hair quality at this distance). Placing the camera as I did in the screenshots, there was a 20fps hit.

Average though is 45 with HairWorks and 55 with HairWorks off. *Using the Steam fps counter.

As it hasn't been an issue for me thus far and will likely leave it on so hair looks better in conversation cutscenes. As the fps hit there isn't an issue.

77. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 20, 2015, 15:53 Krovven

Quinn wrote on May 20, 2015, 05:52:
Krovven wrote on May 20, 2015, 04:04:
Quinn wrote on May 19, 2015, 17:08:
Xero wrote on May 19, 2015, 16:53:
HoSpanky wrote on May 19, 2015, 16:46:
So, I'm running a pair of 970s, with everything cranked except the hair. Runs great, riiiight up until it locks up. Seems to always happen during a non-interactive scene, right after the camera changes. Done it several times now, and I'm only to the first little village.

I don't doubt it's some issue with SLI. I can stand to wait it out for a couple patches.

So it sounds like your running on equal performance as a single 970gtx but when you go that extra step further, it brings it down. What's the point of having 2 970s again? lol

Not hating on it, just stating what I'm hearing. I own a 970gtx and from what I hear, basically you can max it out minus the hair just as you stated. Does that mean it's even worth it to SLI 2 970s?

Obvious answer is YES, but when it comes to down $$$ vs performance, still worth it? At that point 1 980 gtx? Hmmm???

Hairworks brings the GTX980 down too. I got one. Its a neat looking feature that should only be present in benchmarks. It's not ready/optimized enough yet to be put in a freaking game, obviously.

I have a 970 and have everything maxed, with hair works on @1080. Game is very smooth.
I5-4690K OC'd @ 4.5ghz here. Not sure how much cpu effects it.

Hmm, "game is very smooth" is kinda subjective. If you mean 60fps smooth, I find that hard to believe. If you mean 40/45fps smooth, then that's about the smoothness I'm having with those settings.

If its truly 60fps smooth or close, then fuck me that setting is CPU heavy!?

I don't use anything, I just go by what my eyes like. And turning on/off hair I saw little to no framerate difference. What are you using as a framerate counter? I'll mess with the Steams fps counter and Shadowplays later. Last time I tied Steams, was on my old computer and it alone killed my framerate, so I never used it.

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
56. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 20, 2015, 04:14 Krovven

Improperly configured at the NVidia booth promoting their own product? Not likely.

Can you not just accept that a lot of people don't like 3D and dont want to wear shit on their head for hours at a time? 3D gaming has been readily available for many years now. Most people don't care and never will.

68. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Released May 20, 2015, 04:04 Krovven

Quinn wrote on May 19, 2015, 17:08:
Xero wrote on May 19, 2015, 16:53:
HoSpanky wrote on May 19, 2015, 16:46:
So, I'm running a pair of 970s, with everything cranked except the hair. Runs great, riiiight up until it locks up. Seems to always happen during a non-interactive scene, right after the camera changes. Done it several times now, and I'm only to the first little village.

I don't doubt it's some issue with SLI. I can stand to wait it out for a couple patches.

So it sounds like your running on equal performance as a single 970gtx but when you go that extra step further, it brings it down. What's the point of having 2 970s again? lol

Not hating on it, just stating what I'm hearing. I own a 970gtx and from what I hear, basically you can max it out minus the hair just as you stated. Does that mean it's even worth it to SLI 2 970s?

Obvious answer is YES, but when it comes to down $$$ vs performance, still worth it? At that point 1 980 gtx? Hmmm???

Hairworks brings the GTX980 down too. I got one. Its a neat looking feature that should only be present in benchmarks. It's not ready/optimized enough yet to be put in a freaking game, obviously.

I have a 970 and have everything maxed, with hair works on @1080. Game is very smooth.
I5-4690K OC'd @ 4.5ghz here. Not sure how much cpu effects it.

News Comments > DOOM Reveal at E3
68. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 19, 2015, 03:27 Krovven

InBlack wrote on May 19, 2015, 02:55:
Give it a rest Krovven, your point does not stand. Monsters in closets are lame game design. End of story, and a lot of people have tried to explain to you why that is and how it differs from the level design and gameplay of Doom 1 & 2. Yet for someone who claims to be 42 you sure as hell don't act like it, instead you choose to whine and cry how everyone else is wrong and you are supremely in the right.

Who is crying? I've been trying to have a discussion about this. shihonage only wants to throw insults. I have not responded in kind. So apparently I'm the bad guy when I don't insult someone back, as well as when I do. Jerykk said his piece and I agreed with him and followed up with my response. Someone has also agreed with me. By your count...one is "a lot" of people.

It's a fact that monster closets and monsters spawning existed in all of id's previous games in one form or another. It's a fact that mobs being spawned around players after they trigger an event (whether it be a physical object or an invisible line) is used in MANY games, even modern ones. It's a fact, that this is done to free up resources.

I never once debated whether it was good or bad game design.

News Comments > DOOM Reveal at E3
66. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 19, 2015, 02:05 Krovven

shihonage wrote on May 19, 2015, 01:49:
Krovven wrote on May 18, 2015, 19:50:
Aww so witty. Was that supposed to impress me? What would impress me is you actually countering it with something that is meaningful and maybe demonstrates you have a single clue of which you speak of.

PROTIP: the correct response is, "Ah yes, I re-read your posts and understand the entirety of your argument. I do concede - proving that Doom 3 is a worthy Doom game, on any level or scale, is an impossible task as it is objectively false. Thank you for making me see the light. Can I have your autograph?"

This exactly.

And you are still trying to be witty (and failing miserably) without any substance to the topic at hand.

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3
50. Re: NVIDIA Drivers for The Witcher 3 May 19, 2015, 00:06 Krovven

Vall Forran wrote on May 18, 2015, 21:31:
If you have the witcher2 installed, on creating a new game in tw3, it will bring up an import save option. Super easy.

The problem, is knowing which save to actually use...

So I've downloaded Witcher 2 again on Steam, load it up, all the saves are listed. I load up Witcher 3, the only thing it prompts me for is to simulate Witcher 2. I say no, and the game loads. I'm not being given the option to import a save at all.

Has anyone else figured this out?

EDIT: Figured it out myself.

The Witcher 2 installation, saves and config folders on Windows

Default for Steam if cloud saving was activated, even if you deactivated it later:
c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<your Steam user ID>\20920\remote (32-bit Windows: c:\Program Files\The Witcher 2)

You need to then copy that save over the to the standard "Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Witcher 2\gamesaves" for W3 to see them.

This comment was edited on May 19, 2015, 00:22.

7401 Comments. 371 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo