Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 7246 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
118. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 19:21 Krovven

siapnar wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 19:18:
Most anticipated thing to do in SP?

Mine is haymaker/closeline a pedestrians off the pier.

Just biding my time as this 353mb patch downloads.. I hope to god it doesn't revert back to downloading it all over again like so many files in the preload

Manipulate the stock market for the achieve. May seem silly, but I had already finished the game on PS3 before I even knew about that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

117. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 19:19 Krovven

Dacron wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 19:15:
West Coast here...weird.

All installed woooo see you guys whenever I'm online!

Might depend which server you are using. Canada - Vancouver is what I have set right now.

Seattle is almost always overloaded.

113. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 19:13 Krovven

Dacron wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 19:10:
Krovven wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 19:10:
McJammiepants wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 19:03:
STEAM IS ... DOWN

No it's not and has not been at all today.

Yes, it was. Connecting was impossible for several minutes, it is alive and healthy now. I checked after McJammiePants said it...

I've been sitting here unpacking the game for the last 15min (prior to that chatting with Batman over Steam)...it hasn't been down. Working fine here. Might be a regional thing. West coast...it wasn't down.

108. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 19:10 Krovven

McJammiepants wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 19:03:
STEAM IS ... DOWN

No it's not and has not been at all today.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
48. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 13, 2015, 14:44 Krovven

Anyone know of a GTA Online Missions spreadsheet? The ones I used before don't seem to have been updated since much of the free dlc has ben added, which added more missions etc.

News Comments > Diablo III Trial Changes Contemplated
4. Re: Diablo III Trial Changes Contemplated Apr 13, 2015, 14:40 Krovven

Keilun wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 11:12:
Wallshadows wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 11:06:
What they considered as a solution to the Trials-related issue won't actually resolve the problem at hand. Getting trial keys isn't hard, you can take a handful of minutes to go clear a Rift and you'll get one and most folks have many kicking around in their bank from chaining Rifts to get gear. The problem is the Trials grind where groups and players who are capable of hitting high rifts have to go through the process of leveling each trials key they have separately.

Think of it as buying food with nothing but nickles. The act of paying takes longer than enjoying what you paid for and once it's done, you have to do it all over again!

A solid solution was provided a long time ago: Instead of going through the typical bullshit of progression for each trial, work in a system which saves your best trial and allow you to pick up from there with new keystones. Unfortunately, everything with this development team is an uphill battle.

Yep, that's basically it. I don't see why they're dragging their heels on this. I don't exactly see what the issue is with allowing people to pick up where they left off and turn your trial keystones into your best grift completed. Maybe there's a technical issue? But really I feel like they're trying to find some other design to fit the grift entrance gating, which I don't understand since the progression of taking your best grift key seems sound to me.

Then again this is the D3 design team who I can't say I have must trust in, particularly after the 2.2 PTR debacle.

It's because they have stated that they do not want to and have no intention of just making it a selection in a menu. That's not a gameplay mechanic.

While I agree with them...I also agree that Trials as they work now don't work well enough, are too time consuming and boring. They more often than not result in a key that is too high or too low for the player/class ability.

Personally, once I reach around rank 40, regardless of class, I start backing off pushing any farther because it just becomes an exercise in running Trial after Trial then Grift after Grift trying to get a good rank or rift. It's really frustrating when you finally go to push your rank and you get a horrible tileset, monster and affix combo. Now you get to spend another hour doing trials and another grift or two to push the rank again.

Edit: and to add, once you start getting into rank 40+ it really just becomes about luck with tileset, monster, affix and more importantly PYLON luck.

This comment was edited on Apr 13, 2015, 14:46.

45. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 13, 2015, 13:53 Krovven

MajorD wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 12:20:
nin wrote on Apr 12, 2015, 16:22:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 12, 2015, 15:48:
1d 3h 11m

In the words of the failed X-Wing Pilot
"Almost.. there...."

So (knowing this day was coming for awhile) I've compiled a few GTA tips/features to look out for. Hopefully others will chime in as well.

• There's a camera setting for the car, which can be set to high. It provides a lot move visibility, and you're not having to constantly tilt one of the sticks to see, like in GTA4.

• Don't miss Chakra Attack on the talk radio station (about 3:00 on the dial). It's a fucking riot.

• Your camera/first person view can be set by default, and it can be different between out of the car and in the car. So if you want first person while on foot, and 3rd person in car, you can set it up as such. Of course, you can still cycle cameras at any time. (For me, personally, I hated the lack of visibility in car. It was a lot harder to judge where you could fit through. But it's still cool it's an option.) Also, each model of vehicle has it's own unique dash/interior.

• Don't miss the electric cars in game, especially the Voltic. It hauls ass while being almost totally quiet.

• Don't miss the Epsilon missions, when they popup. They're a wonderful rip on Scientology.

• Don't forget to take a motorcycle or even a bicycle out in first person. It's amazing, and the motorcycles provide an insane point of view and you zig zag through traffic at high speed.

• Thanks for tips, I'll need them being a total newb at GTA; therefore I have no tips to offer in return.

Gonna throw my own tip here. For GTA Online when you log on, make a habit of quickly finding a valuable car for sale (one they accept) and selling it at LS Customs. Then do a Survival game. Any weapons and ammo you collect you get to hang onto as long as you dont change servers for that game session.

29. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 13, 2015, 05:59 Krovven

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 12, 2015, 21:41:
    Grokk wrote on Apr 12, 2015, 20:38:
    I really wish I could justify getting this for PC. I have it on PS3 and PS4 already.

I just don't think it will hold my interest long enough for online to play out.
    I love the single player game, but multiplayer has always been a bit iffy at best in my opinion.

I have it on 360 and ps3....can't wait to play with my pc friends online. Private server, no griefers. Going to be awesome.

Random freemode pvp is fun now and then too. Gonna be great in first person.

News Comments > Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month
    19. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 11, 2015, 18:19 Krovven

dj LiTh wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 17:54:
    Basically i thought it was shit cause running and attacking and spell casting was so lethargically slow.

This. That's a fundamental problem with the beginning of the game. It plays like shit and isn't fun. I've tried 2 or 3 times to get into it. I never stick with it for more than a few hours.

Whereas D3 plays well and is fun from the start (subjective).

On another note, making something more complicated doesn't make it "deeper" or better. From my experience that's precisely what PoE is; more complicated, but that doesn't actually make it better. Plus the gameplay is clunky (at least at the start).

D3, I didn't think I'd like Seasons in Diablo 3 and had no intention of playing them. But with Season 2 I decided to level up a Barb and get him some gear. Had a lot of fun, came out with 2 builds and gear sets, one that could do rank 40 and the other was upper 30's. Post season 4 of us loaded up our best toons (all doing around rank 40) and we knocked out a 4 player rank 46.

Not sure how much I'll play in Season 3 (due to GTA V), but I will play something.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
    23. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 10, 2015, 18:19 Krovven

Suppa7 wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 15:55:
    Krovven wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 07:46:
    So which part exactly was exactly what Suppa said? So far I see none of what he said to be remotely factual.

Many developers renegged on their promises or are using marketing + spin. For instance Planetary annihilation had their whole game logic running through a back end DRM server when released, the outcry forced them to release a non-DRM'd version. You can go look at the review scores and the flood of complaints.

Star citizen has always been flirting with MMO/F2P and we know the game industry today is generally a pit of vipers and criminals with how badly they take advantage of the tech illiterate masses.

You're either 1) young or 2) stupid. The last 15+ years of gaming have been a downhill slide for gaming getting dumber and more exploitive.

None of that has anything to do with your first post or the reply I made to it. Planetary Annihilation and Star Citizen are not Descent. Are you just arbitrarily applying things about other games to the Descent pitch? Is your head really that messed up?

15. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 10, 2015, 07:46 Krovven

jdreyer wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 03:05:
    Basically what Suppa said.

1. DRM - It was pitched originally as a multiplayer only game. So duh, it's gonna require you to be online.

2. F2P - Zero mention in the KS about this being F2P. It actually states in the Pledge amounts that they intend to ask "$50 retail".

3. Microtransactions - Again, zero mention of this in the KS.

So which part exactly was exactly what Suppa said? So far I see none of what he said to be remotely factual.

The new trailer looks like ass. Luckily it looks like it's going to find fools and their money to fund it so we might actually get to see how this turns out, for better or worse.

12. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 10, 2015, 02:56 Krovven

InBlack wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 02:27:
    Krovven wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 01:53:
    Don't trust these guys at all.

As opposed to Cloud Imperium? Muahahahahhah. Funny shit.

Nope. Didn't buy in to that either. I've been pretty clear on here what I think about people spending hundreds and thousands of dollars on "the promise" of owning digital ships in an incomplete shell of a game.

10. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 10, 2015, 01:53 Krovven

Hmm. That article states that it will be an "introductory single player mission". Their trailer says "epic single player" and the original pitch was no single player.

Poorly planned. Poorly pitched. And I said this when the KS was first announced...the description of multiplayer sounds ripe for monetization. Don't trust these guys at all.

News Comments > Larian Plans Annual Releases
    6. Re: Larian Plans Annual Releases Apr 10, 2015, 00:55 Krovven

Better quest tracking is needed. Don't call the same thing by 3 different names (Star Stone, Blood Stone, Inert Stone). Properly label quest items so I don't buy a book in the first hour of the game, read it and sell it to a random vendor only to find out that it's needed twice later in the game.

I spent probably 20 hours at the end of the game trying to track down Star Stones I had missed as well as the book Forgotten Language of the Faery all because of their shitty design. Then apparently I'm supposed to "use" the unused Blood Stones that weren't auto activated like most of them.

Overall great game. But i almost had given up on the game entirely due to their poor design.

2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 9, 2015, 18:51 Krovven

ViRGE wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 18:46:
    They're not going to make it.

They went from no single player (but maybe later) to "epic single player".

I dunno, just doesn't sound like the sequel/reboot I'd want to play.

News Comments > GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs
    50. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 9, 2015, 04:28 Krovven

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 01:22:
    Driving and shooting was easy with a M&K in GTA4, why would it be any more difficult in 5?

I hated the (simulated analog) driving controls using the keyboard in IV. I used a gamepad and did the best I could for shooting while driving. Switched to M&K on foot. However I didn't really play IV online. Didn't like it much.

GTA Online is different beast and the vehicles handle 10x better than IV. Having mouse aim while driving is going to be a huge perk. Will probably make many of the missions that were a pain in the ass on the console, much easier.

27. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 8, 2015, 21:26 Krovven

Daniel Radcliffe to play Sam Houser in "Grand Theft Auto" doc.

Somehow missed that is it indeed Jack Thompson when I first scanned over it.

I wonder what he has been up to since he was disbarred.

24. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 8, 2015, 21:07 Krovven

Being on the west coast I'm with Shaw and have been for around 10 yrs. before that I was using Telus ADSL.

I've never had to worry about my bandwidth usage. I've gone over plenty and they have never said anything about it to me.

5. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 8, 2015, 19:36 Krovven

So one thing I'm trying to figure out is how I manage the controls.

Gamepad is superior for driving and flying. M&K is gonna be great for on foot with first person. No more auto lock combat like on the PS3.

My dilemma is driving AND shooting. Using M&K is going to make shooting much easier, but then I'll need to be using the keyboard to drive while doing that....

I guess it will come down to how well the cars handle with non-analog controls.

First world problems.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Preloads
    41. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Preloads Apr 8, 2015, 15:43 Krovven

Creston wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 10:21:
    60 Gig. Heh. Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say that I'm never gonna download that...

I'd ponder getting the disc version, except it says DVD rom, which would mean it'd be on, what, 10 discs? So I think that's more a box where inside all they have is a download code...

7 Discs according to this

7246 Comments. 363 pages. Viewing page 9.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo