Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 7594 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Torchlight Burns Out Runic
43. Re: Torchlight Burns Out Runic Sep 2, 2015, 19:29 Krovven

Just thought I'd drop this here...you did the exact same thing to Verno in this thread. You even went so far as to suggest Verno and Descender were the same person. Or how about the part where you state you are sick of people derailing threads, when that is all you do! Verno shared his opinion so you turned it into a flame war and derailed your own precious PoE thread.

You really are fucking nuts. Maybe you and Rigs should swap meds.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

42. Re: Torchlight Burns Out Runic Sep 2, 2015, 18:20 Krovven

Axis wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 17:20:
You don't honestly think you're fooling anyone do you Kroabcdewven? You can't be that naive, but apparently you are.

Who in the world would ever in his right mind register a similar name to possibly the most known abusive troll on blues?

Only you.

Besides, you "both" parrot the same crap, speak the same way, insult constantly with childish rants, made an "ignore" mistake -- you are a rock among the AI. Not that I needed to point it out, just wanted to make sure you knew you were only fooling yourself.

You can ask Blue, he'll tell you I am not Krowen. This has already come up. The reason the name remains is because according to Blue it doesn't appear to be a trolling attempt and is based on that persons real name.

See, here we are even disagreeing. Fixed this link. Was pointing to the wrong place.

I know it's an extremely difficult concept for you to grasp, but not everyone agrees with you about PoE vs D3 vs D2 vs the world. You seem to take it personally to the extent that you claim your opinion as fact and that everyone else is wrong if they don't agree with you. Apparently in your little mind, people can't like different games for different reasons. D2 fucking sucked as far as I'm concerned. It was fun to play through a couple times, but the end game was garbage. Kill boss, reload, kill boss...rinse repeat. Nevermind the screen full of spam you get on B.net. It wasn't fun and still isn't fun. But if that's what you like...go at it and shut the fuck up.

When it comes to PoE, I've been completely fair with my comments regarding it, as have most other posts I've seen.

You on the other hand you go apeshit if someone says they like D3. The irony in this single post of yours is priceless. "I don't care which one is best"..."PoE is the king daddy"..."you don't have to agree, it's a fact". Or just insult people for making a positive comment about D3, like here or here fyi, you were the one that started the insults in that thread. Or this. And then of course this. All you have done is insult people for liking a different game than you like.

I insult you. Just you. It's not because you like PoE, or D2 or even that trash called Hellgate London. It's because you are a complete idiot asshole fanbois making ludicrous statements and insulting everyone that disagrees with you.

So yea, when your first post in a thread is an insult towards Krowen, whom you think is me and was completely unprovoked, insult others unprovoked, then follow it up with another insult in the next thread, again unprovoked...damn right I'm going to insult you.

I'll point this out for you since I know you are too dumb to realize it yourself. I don't defend D3 with you or anyone else any more. I didn't in this thread, last thread, or the thread before that, etc. If you ever manage to take your head out of your ass for 5min and stop making childish quips when it comes to any ARPGs that aren't PoE, people might actually take you seriously.

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 2015, 19:37.

News Comments > Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam
75. Re: Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam Sep 2, 2015, 17:46 Krovven

LOL. Apparently I wasn't the only one that thought the pricing was messed up. Today I see on Steam that Mad Max has dropped to $60 CDN.

Which makes me curious...is it still the same price in AUS and the US? Or did their prices drop too?

40. removed Sep 2, 2015, 16:18 Krovven

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 3, 2015, 17:45.

74. Re: Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam Sep 2, 2015, 15:24 Krovven

Krowen wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 07:28:
Any place where you have to pay insurance to make sure your purchase is valid on a video game is a fucking scam to someone, somewhere.

If not me, then who is it a scam against? Back up your statements. Why should the business and the purchaser not protect themselves against the occasional illegitimate seller? It would be stupid not to.

Lol and no not everyone in the industry hates those sites. Maybe Execs do, but most devs won't give a rats ass because it's not going to effect their wage. In fact many people (devs too) I know use those sites because they don't want to waste $60 on undeserving titles.

Most devs I know aren't so loyal to companies as to want to save money themselves...especially when those companies have no problem dumping their employees after each completed game.

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 2015, 19:38.

35. Re: Torchlight Burns Out Runic Sep 2, 2015, 01:40 Krovven

Osc8r wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 19:02:
"Diablo 3 is killing it right now. Diablo 3 is a really fun game"

Did he forget the /sarcasm tag or the "...said nobody ever" line?

Anyways, i lol'd.

People like D3 these days. Keep up.

69. Re: Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam Sep 2, 2015, 01:32 Krovven

Quboid wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 21:04:
I wouldn't say don't buy there but as jacobvandy says, be aware of the risks. Keys bought with stolen credit cards shouldn't be in the free market. I'm not aware of any publisher calling customers of these sites thieves.

Ok, thieves is a strong word, but some consider this one step above piracy (wouldn't know what to search for). Companies do not want you buying from "unauthorized" sellers for one reason, they don't make as much money as if you had purchased the game from a major market store (Steam, Uplay, Origin, etc).

Stolen Credit Cards are one thing. And that is a slippery slope when taking it out on your customers that spent real money. They still are your customers, whether they paid $5 or $50, like it or not. Completely within their rights to yank serial numbers, but not good business. Ubisoft learned that the hard way at the beginning of this year.

In the case of the Ubisoft fiasco, that was keys bought from the EA Store using a stolen credit card and resold elsewhere. There are easy systems to put in place to prevent mass buying of a product (that shouldn't be mass purchased) online using a Credit Card. That was a fail on EA's part, not Kinguin or G2A.

CDPR wouldn't sell keys to GMG to sell Witcher 3. GMG went and bought keys from a legitimate reseller. Perfectly legit serials, and CDPR had a fit. My guess on this at the time was CDPR didn't want GMG undercutting their price on GoG, which was the cheapest at the time.

Not all serials on sites like Kinguin, G2A, etc are "stolen", in fact I'd guess very few. Most are bought from legitimate resellers in other countries where the Publishers know they can't sell games for $60. So instead of selling legit keys for $20-$30 like they do in the major markets, they sell them for $5-$10 (making up numbers). To the Publishers, making a little money is better than making no money due to piracy. Due to competition from other resellers, the list price is forced down. And it's the internet...so there is nothing to stop people from using these keys in markets they weren't intended for.

When it comes to G2A, they have the insurance option. So really there is no reason not to use them. Generally however, if you buy from a reseller with 100% rating, you won't have any problems. Also, when it comes to the preorders they have on new games. The keys aren't stolen. How could they be? So what all of this boils down to is, if you aren't going to maintain fair pricing in your major markets, then people are going to seek out the better deals.

I honestly was a little wary of using G2A at first. But I have yet to have an issue with any of my purchases from there. Choose a good reseller, this may mean paying $1 over the cheapest price and pay the G2A Shield insurance. So when Publishers want to charge $67 to me in Canada, $60 to someone in the AUS, or $38 from GMG in Britain and I can get the same game on release day for $20 from G2A; all for the exact same thing, it's an easy choice.

26. Re: Torchlight Burns Out Runic Sep 1, 2015, 18:33 Krovven

ItBurn wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 17:56:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 17:52:
Axis wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 15:53:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 13:52:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 13:42:
I would love a 3/4 perspective sci fi ARPG. The only ones that really come to mind over the last 20 years are Space Seige and the Crusader series. Wish Runic had done something like that.

It would be very cool to have things like a crap ton of weapons, teleporters, force fields, enemy robots, mutants, xenomorphs, ship levels, planet levels, space levels, etc. etc. There's so much room for variety.

Is there one out there I'm missing?

Hellgate is just like that, but it's first person and third person. I've said this a million times here, but it's my favorite ARPG of all time and it has a much better system than D3 in my opinion. Well, it's not exactly like you say. It's not in space... But it's definitely futuristic.

Hellgate Global being the only persistent FPS ARPG (after all the changes/booing) made it appealing right away to me, but it was a solid fun game. I hopped on it occasionally all the way up to the last couple years.

One thing I've been hornblowing about for years getting a properly done FPS ARPG. Borderlands could take that to the bank in western markets, but they're going Asian, so who knows.

I was hoping for a 3/4 perspective sci-fi ARPG.

For a sci fi FPS ARPG, there are the three Borderlands games, which I love very much.

I love borderlands too, but the ARPG mechanics are waaaaaaay too simple. Hellgate was a serious ARPG and Borderlands definitely doesn't scratch my ARPG itch. Borderlands is just a great coop game.

Borderlands would be better with Armor customization instead of just guns and it needs better skill trees. I just usually found them really bland. Still haven't bothered to finish Borderlands 2 and probably never will.

55. Re: Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam Sep 1, 2015, 17:44 Krovven

Quboid wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 17:11:
Do they call us thieves? I've never seen that.

Do you pay $65 CAD for an AAA game when the CAD is strong and $65 when it's weak? If so, then you're not the one being affected by the currency's strength.

No. Regular price is $60 for a AAA game. Dollar has been slipping in the last year, so yes the prices have adjusted. I wouldn't call this a AAA game though. There is no consistency in pricing. MGS is $75. Blops3 is $80. That's not really what I was pointing out though. I was pointing out that it was $60 in a region where the dollar is weaker, while being more expensive in a region the dollar is stronger. It doesn't make logical sense.

And yes they call people thieves for using third party sites to get cheaper games. Several companies have taken away games from customers that purchased on sites like G2A claiming they weren't legit keys. Or how about CDPR initially squabbling with GMG over selling Witcher 2 claiming they weren't selling valid keys.

I don't care though. I haven't lost a game I purchased on G2A yet (only a few) and I always pay the insurance. $2 for Watch Dogs (that I haven't played yet), can't beat that.

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2015, 17:50.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2015, 16:56 Krovven

jdreyer wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 11:20:
Army searching for missile that fell from Apache helicopter in Upstate NY.

If I find that thing, no way I'm giving it back. I'm hanging it in the garage!

Ya I can't imagine anyone finding it (knowing it wasn't a live missile) would turn it in. That's one hell of a souvenir.

23. Re: Torchlight Burns Out Runic Sep 1, 2015, 16:53 Krovven

I had preordered Torchlight 2 but after playing Diablo 3 I could not get into it. The builds were boring and the gameplay control was sluggish. I put up with it for Torchlight (64 hrs) as there was nothing it was competing against at the time, but just couldn't do it for Torchlight 2 (7.8 hrs).

Can't say I'm interested in their new game, but ya never know.

45. Re: Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam Sep 1, 2015, 16:27 Krovven

Kxmode wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 16:23:
Krovven wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 16:17:
Grokk wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 11:32:
Mad Max is listed at $59.99 USD on steam for me (AU). Is it the same price for the US?

That's all? In CDN it's $66.49. Goes to show that Steam's pricing system isn't actually accurate to the value of the current dollar. CDN dollar is worth slightly more than the AUS dollar...yet our price at least on this is higher.

FOREX market: $1 USD = $1.32 Canadian Dollar

$59.99 USD = $78.89 CAN

At $66.49 CAN you're getting an automatic 15% off. No coupon needed.

That's not the point. Compare the AUS dollar and it would come out to $84.36. But they are selling it for $60 in AUS and $66.50 CDN.

It's $60 on GMG with another 40% off. But why even consider any of these prices when it's $19.11 ($18.30 if you use a reseller) on G2A add maybe $1 or so for insurance.

Game doesn't interest me much anyways. But $67 vs $20...

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2015, 16:45.

43. Re: Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam Sep 1, 2015, 16:17 Krovven

Grokk wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 11:32:
Mad Max is listed at $59.99 USD on steam for me (AU). Is it the same price for the US?

That's all? In CDN it's $66.49. Goes to show that Steam's pricing system isn't actually accurate to the value of the current dollar. CDN dollar is worth slightly more than the AUS dollar...yet our price at least on this is higher.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 4 Live
30. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Live Aug 31, 2015, 05:14 Krovven

InBlack wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 04:19:
I came here to say that I enjoyed this thread for one reason alone, Krovven and Axis getting it on. You guys are so cute together! Beam

Seeing as he can't tell the difference between w and vv I don't think he really know who he is arguing with.

News Comments > Steam Controller Enters Top 10
3. Re: Steam Controller Enters Top 10 Aug 30, 2015, 23:30 Krovven

Scud wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 22:29:
Krovven wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 13:27:
If it wasn't through EB, I'd preorder the controller, but I refuse to give that shitty company my money. I'll wait for NCIX or someone else to sell it.

What's EB got to do with this? Just pre-order it through Steam.

Sorry, for Canadian orders.

Steam store page states Pre-Order from EB Games. which takes you to http://www.ebgames.ca/views/locale/promoPages/landingPages/Steam/EN/

It's also pick-up only and I'm an hour from the nearest EB Games.

This comment was edited on Aug 31, 2015, 00:21.

27. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Live Aug 30, 2015, 22:28 Krovven

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 21:45:
Redmask wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 14:45:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 13:07:
Axis wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 09:38:
Shows how little you guys know about PoE. There is no sync issues anymore they built a little thing called lockstep in and NO ARPG has anything like it - it's glorious.

I don't care which one is "best", I had both on my radar for a very long time, but this is they way it played out like it or not.

D3 is a baby arpg, nothing like d2 and nothing unique about it. PoE is the king daddy, true successor to d2 and filled with innovation. You don't have to agree, it's a fact.

So what you are saying is they have horrible netcode and had to jury rig a way to sync the game?
Reminds me of 'Lag shooting' in Mechwarrior 3. You had to double lead your target to compensate for shitty net code.

He has nothing better to do, POE is such a great game that he sits around here spamming about it, jealous of other people having fun in other games rather than actually playing it.

PoE actually is a pretty great ARPG. It's come a long way in the last year or so. They've made a lot of improvements to the netcode and playing in lockstep mode feels pretty good, especially for hardcore. You always know exactly where you and everything else actually are, because you're always in sync with the server.

There are always going to be some things that people don't like or think should be better, but that's pretty much true of every game.

It's kind of weird seeing people talking about it that have only made it into Merciless difficulty, as that's basically the beginning of the game, not the end. They've made the leveling process a lot better in the most recent update. Removed redundant and boring areas, made it easier to access more skills earlier, and generally made the areas more interesting and designed better layouts.

I honestly keep intending to give PoE yet another try as I'm sure it has gotten better, but when I balance the time/effort/enjoyment I end up playing D3 instead. Axis makes the idea of playing PoE a lot less appealing with his gibberish, especially when he is claiming his opinion to be fact. I play games for fun. Every time I have tried PoE, I haven't had fun and if I can't have fun in the first 20 levels, I don't want to spend 50 hours just to find out if the gameplay gets any better.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Core Game Free; Raids Coming
2. Re: Guild Wars 2 Core Game Free; Raids Coming Aug 30, 2015, 13:41 Krovven

A friend has been trying to get me to play it for years. But I never wanted to buy it as I wasn't a big fan of the first one.

Must resist...especially now that Diablo 3 Season 4 has started.

News Comments > Steam Controller Enters Top 10
1. Re: Steam Controller Enters Top 10 Aug 30, 2015, 13:27 Krovven

If it wasn't through EB, I'd preorder the controller, but I refuse to give that shitty company my money. I'll wait for NCIX or someone else to sell it.

20. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Live Aug 30, 2015, 13:23 Krovven

Axis wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 12:36:
Krowen didn't you plow your head into the sand and ignore me? Unless you are a glutten for self-punishment, you may want to do that.

Oh you are absolutely on ignore...some days however I even want to see the sheer stupidity from those I ignore, if for nothing more than entertainment and to remind me how much better than you I am.

17. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Live Aug 30, 2015, 12:27 Krovven

Axis wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 09:38:
You don't have to agree, it's a fact.

You really are pathetic. Plenty will agree with that.

7594 Comments. 380 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo