Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 7246 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records
17. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 16, 2015, 14:20 Krovven

Jimnms msg me on Steam and I'll do my best to answer your questions.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records
14. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 16, 2015, 14:00 Krovven

Random info - if anyone has an older system and is trying to get it running smoothly...try turning off FSAA and just use MSAA 2x. The framerate and visual quality difference is huge. I was able to put many other settings up higher after using MSAA 2x over FSAA 2x.

Sorry I didn't answer your call last night Jimnms. I was messing around in single player and the girlfriend was watching tv in the same room.

I was gonna message you on Steam, but you weren't logged in. Completely forgot I could have messaged you through Social Club.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
241. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 16, 2015, 07:01 Krovven

Rigs wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 22:57:
Krovven wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 22:13:
Rigs wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 16:40:

It's not that, he just rubs me the wrong way. He's says something relevant but then always ends it with something condescending or patronizing. I'd have no problems if he didn't try to act like a douche with every comment...it's like no one is allowed to ask a question or make a statement unless it's worthy enough, otherwise he treats them like they're stupid...

=-Rigs-=

And you rub me the wrong way with your childish rants about the delay, your posts about piracy and your general retardedness on the matter.

Except I wasn't even speaking to you in my reply but to someone that frequently posts stupid shit, similar to you.

I rest my case. None of my posts about those topics involved you in any way. Don't come back now and complain about it when you didn't have to get involved in those discussions to begin with!

Enjoy my IGNORE filter, Krovven, you've earned it. I'm done listening to you blame everyone else for your actions when you're called out.

=-Rigs-=

So you report my post calling you names, but Blue leaves your post calling me a douche. Typical Blue, keep that double standard going.

Rigs wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 22:57:
None of my posts about those topics involved you in any way.

Let's have a look at that shall we? The post that you quoted and replied calling me a douche, had nothing to do with you. You want to sling shit? Man the fuck up. Just don't forget to take your meds first.

News Comments > GTA5 GeForce Drivers
49. Re: GTA5 GeForce Drivers Apr 15, 2015, 16:56 Krovven

peteham wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 12:19:
Anyone else have god-awful stutter due to what I can only assume is loading? Happens while driving fast in particular, causing quite a few traffic incidents. Sorta killed my desire to play the game much past the tutorial mission so far.

Framerate is at a smooth ~30-60 fps aside from the loading stutters. GTX 780 and game installed on SSD. Haven't really bothered messing much with settings so far except for testing the GeForce Experience recommended ones, which didn't help much at all.

Yea that happened on the consoles too, just not as badly. It's the worst in the downtown area and is much smoother outside of town.

240. removed Apr 15, 2015, 16:40 Krovven

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 15, 2015, 20:31.

237. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 14, 2015, 22:13 Krovven

Rigs wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 16:40:

It's not that, he just rubs me the wrong way. He's says something relevant but then always ends it with something condescending or patronizing. I'd have no problems if he didn't try to act like a douche with every comment...it's like no one is allowed to ask a question or make a statement unless it's worthy enough, otherwise he treats them like they're stupid...

=-Rigs-=

And you rub me the wrong way with your childish rants about the delay, your posts about piracy and your general retardedness on the matter.

Except I wasn't even speaking to you in my reply but to someone that frequently posts stupid shit, similar to you.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V
45. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 17:06 Krovven

Cmon people we need folks Online!  

44. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 17:04 Krovven

Did you complete the Online tutorial up to where it takes you to a Last Team Standing event?

Everyone must do this to send and receive Online invites.

36. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 15:14 Krovven

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 15:07:
Notes about the custom radio station:

The custom radio station seems to play mp3's and m4a files with no problem, but doesn't like flac files. I also notice a bit of stutter introduced when a song is playing on the custom radio station, and have seen other people mention that also. Another annoying thing is that the controls for switching the track forward or back on the custom radio station seems to not be working, either as keyboard or mouse binds. There is no support for these commands for controller either, so it just plays whatever you put in the user music folder randomly, it would seem.

Also, you dont need to copy the music files to the directory, you can simply make shortcuts to where they are on your computer and the songs will register with the game still. I was expecting it would take symlinks to make this work, so it's nice that regular shortcuts do the trick.

I don't understand why they need to have me copy files to their folder for music. It would be just as easy to allow me to select which folder so I don't have to manually sort which tracks I want and clog up my C drive with files that don't need to be there.

On another note...has anyone with Mic problems, figured out how to get it working in-game?

Everything is on for Voice in game and using push to talk, the icon lights up but nobody can hear me. Mic works in Steam chat no problem.

EDIT: just logged on and now my mic is working and I didn't change anything. So obviously they fixed something on their end.

HalfElf was able to get his mic working. But if he uses Steam chat instead it kills his sound in-game.

Anyone figured out how to invite people to Teams in-game?

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 2015, 15:30.

News Comments > Diablo III Trial Changes Contemplated
10. Re: Diablo III Trial Changes Contemplated Apr 14, 2015, 15:07 Krovven

Darks wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 12:06:
Krovven wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 07:42:
Darks wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 01:04:
Hey, sorry. His steam name is The Hanker Chief. Do you know that name?

Yep. Have known him for a long time. Met playing CS:S almost 10 years ago.

Ask him about me. We were the ones who created the mod for NWN Eye of the Beholders many moons ago. he helped me script a lot of that mod and the current one. Have know him for a long time too.

Think I knew that...as I know where he works now. We played CS:S in my crappy clan long before he got the job.

8. Re: Diablo III Trial Changes Contemplated Apr 14, 2015, 07:42 Krovven

Darks wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 01:04:
Hey, sorry. His steam name is The Hanker Chief. Do you know that name?

Yep. Have known him for a long time. Met playing CS:S almost 10 years ago.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Editor Video
4. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Editor Video Apr 13, 2015, 23:23 Krovven

DangerDog wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 21:30:
I wish they put this kind of effort into releasing mission and mod tools for the game.

??? You do know that they have mission and mod tools for the game, right? Is this just your thing now, to post wrong information?

175. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 13, 2015, 23:21 Krovven

Since my post earlier, the game loaded fine and I've been playing GTA Online, messing with controls, graphics settings etc.

There are bugs. Various weird stuff happening. Voice not working, but working for others, etc.

174. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 13, 2015, 23:17 Krovven

DangerDog wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 22:55:
JohnBirshire wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 21:18:
Come on Rockstar, this isn't the frickin console version! FOV is so absurd, it literally feels like you are looking through binoculars.

Anybody know how to adjust? *facepalm*

looked at the settings file, no mention of FOV. I guess it'll require someone to mod it. Looks like it maxes out at 80, your weapon doesn't scale either.

I also find the camera options for the car rather weak, no bumper cam view They over did the camera bob when you use "hood" view and it's not centered.

There is an FoV slider in the options. But I guess it's easier to be stupid or jump to conclusions than look for yourself.

155. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 20:45 Krovven

Loaded and in game now. I tried to load Online first and it said I had to complete the Prologue first

150. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 20:41 Krovven

Had the game loaded, changed all my settings and controls, ran the benchmark, which looked and ran great on my meager system...upon exiting the benchmark the game hung up with a black screen and the loading symbol. I waited several minutes and nothing.

Shut the game down, Social Club launcher has me logged out, try to log in, it hangs with the buttons greyed out. Close launcher...GTA official closes on Steam and that message I just posted popped up.

Now to investigate.

149. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 20:39 Krovven

So I just had this pop up for me in Steam and figured I'd post it. Haven't even finished reading it yet.

13 April
Dear Steam Customer,

We recently learned of an issue that can impact players attempting to install Grand Theft Auto V on Windows PCs. For those experiencing this issue, you have three options available to you at this time.

First, Rockstar Games intends to have a fix for this issue soon.

Second, customers can try the manual work around detailed below.

Third, if neither of the above works for you, the self-refund tool will continue to be available until the official fix is released.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

Please see below for more information from Rockstar Games, including details on the manual workaround.

The Steam Team

We have identified an issue where players with Windows usernames that include characters not found in the table at the bottom of this page will likely run into difficulties when attempting to download, install, or play GTAV. We are currently working on a fix for this issue.

If you don’t want to wait for a fix, you need to create a new Administrator User Account for your Windows system that only includes letters A to Z, a to z or numbers 0-9 from the basic roman alphabet. For a full list of supported characters, see the table at the bottom of this page. Please note that simply renaming your current User Account will not correct this issue. To create the account, follow these instructions from Microsoft’s website:

Windows 8/8.1:
url
Windows 7:
url
Windows Vista:
url

We will update this support article with any new information as soon as we have it, including expected timing of a fix and whether you will be able to transfer progress on the newly-created Windows username over to your original Windows user account.

If you would like to receive an automatic update via email when there is more information about a fix, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page.

Supported Characters At Launch for Windows Usernames for GTAV PC

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

125. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 19:39 Krovven

Dacron wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 19:33:
Yep, that's my server setting.

I wasn't connected when I checked. Steam was closed and I tried to open it but it couldn't connect with steam offline, mode only.

I am 100% installed. Cannot play GTA V... I guess i'll try older drivers....

Ok, that makes a bit more sense...there was probably a surge of people that don't leave Steam running that were all doing so around 4pm. No database access is going to have infinite resources to handle a million people all logging in within a few minutes of each other.

Those already logged in didn't have an issue is my guess.

122. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 19:31 Krovven

Dacron wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 19:25:
Vancouver BC here as well

Dont get your hopes up so far on R* client... mine wont launch. "Has quit unexpectedly" after opening it. Won't launch in safemode either... Got the nnew drivers too from Nvidia. Boo.

I mean the server you have selected in Steam.

Steam>Settings>Downloads>Download Region

6. Re: Diablo III Trial Changes Contemplated Apr 13, 2015, 19:28 Krovven

Darks wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 15:43:
Krovven? How do you know Mika?

I'm good friends with him, and saw you in his friends list. At least I'm thinking this is you because of that avatar you used to use.

Am I correct?

You are going to have to elaborate. I don't specifically know a "Mika" but.... Is this on D3 friends list? What's the full name?

Also if you see them as a "real friend" you see their name, whereas if just a Bnet friend, then you see the username.

7246 Comments. 363 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo