Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 7245 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard Killing Diablo III Trial Rifts
10. Re: Blizzard Killing Diablo III Trial Rifts Apr 19, 2015, 01:14 Krovven

saluk wrote on Apr 18, 2015, 17:47:
As a complete outsider this sounds like utter nonsense. Why is it so important for a feature to be removed? Why does it take so long to remove it?

Is it more about replacing it with something else?

Because it's tedious, boring and time consuming. Some classes/builds can get keys higher than they are capable of and others can't get keys at the rank they can do. Which means doing trials and lesser rank rifts many times over to upgrade keys.

Removing them has many design consequences, which he talks about in the interview so I won't reiterate.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Date Announced
30. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Date Announced Apr 17, 2015, 23:33 Krovven

Xero wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 23:10:
Man, you guys are harsh. Is Battlefield really that bad? Single player campaign was mediocre, OK, but they generally made them for multiplayer in mind. I don't think I ever had a bad experience with lag or latency in any of the Battlefields since 2...

I'm not sure if everyone just jumps in the same complain wagon or are actually experiencing this phenomenon?

Aside from maybe a better interface to select your gears and whatnot in-game, multiplayer has been pretty solid since BF2 and on, and I even loved original 1942 despite more lag those days.

Looking forward to this big time. I don't doubt, DICE will come thru again with another stellar title, or in the case of 90% of you, another miserable game.

You must be playing different games than I have. BF3 was a laggy mess at launch. BF4 was as well (I thankfully skipped this one). Plenty of info on these topics can be found in your favorite search engine.

I won't even go into bugs that have existed in many of the BF games at launch or continue to exist, despite eventually being fixed in previous games.

And their business practices....don't get me started.

I want to be excited for Battlefront, but it being EA/Dice, I just can't. Definitely won't buy it at launch or at full price. I'll wait and see how much of a disaster the first 2 months are.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
277. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 17, 2015, 23:09 Krovven

Descender, you think sending me private messages is going to make me take anything you say seriously?

Do you not see the irony in you telling me to "lighten up". Stupidity of some amazes me. I'll reiterate...you comment, sticking your nose into something that had nothing to do with you and follow it up with a private message, yet you are surprised that I respond to you with an attitude that offends you?

/facepalm

274. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 17, 2015, 21:57 Krovven

descender wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 19:23:
... and yet you still see no problem with your attitude and the way you refer to other people.

Riiight.

My attitude dependent on who and under what circumstances I'm talking to them.

In your and Redmasks case both posters I don't like, one has been on ignore for a long time. Both of you chose to comment on the matter here when it didn't involve you and something that is already heated. And your surprised by my attitude towards you? Not much different from Rigs. If you can't handle the response, don't make the comment. Use your brain.

272. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 17, 2015, 18:55 Krovven

descender wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 18:16:
when most of the shit you post is garbage

Your sanctimonious rant almost worked... until that line. You almost got through an entire post without insulting someone. I guess you can try again tomorrow.

Further example of how some folks around here think their shit stinks less than others.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 17, 2015, 18:11 Krovven

Wish someone would do some benchmarks with cpu's other than the newest and most expensive. We know games will run great on the newest cpu's. How about showing some benchmarks with i5's, ya know the cpu's that the majority have right now?

269. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 17, 2015, 17:15 Krovven

Redmask wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 16:53:
Orogogus wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 16:23:
I never understand why people with thousands of posts still get posts pulled and complain about it. Nin does get on people's cases, but usually doesn't make straight up personal attacks; merely snide generally gets a pass. But call someone names or tell them to go to hell, someone reports it and the post gets pulled. That's it. And yet a handful of people keep driving off this bridge and coming back to complain about it.

It's not rocket science, when you end every post calling someone stupid or act rude to them you will get your shitty posts reported because people don't like being treated that way. When I'm in a bad mood and make a shitty post people report them and they get removed, I don't go crying about it and blame Blue. Complaints about double standards are dumb, other users don't make that content the majority of their posts so they don't get as many moderated, that simple. Krovven = PEBKAC stop indulging him, he knows exactly what hes doing and does it for the attention.

LOL, Your opinion. If Rigs had kept his big mouth shut and not gone out of his way to insult me, there wouldn't be a problem. If Blue hadn't chosen to moderate only my post and not the original attack, I wouldn't have a problem.

Not sure how people find it so hard to understand the simple concept here. Person A walks into a bar and starts throwing punches at person B. Person B punches back. You don't kick out person B because he defended himself and tell person A that started it to pull up a chair and relax.

Reality is, you, me, everyone else here will post shit worthy of being deleted at one time or another. The problem is Blue is not consistent in what gets moderated, right down to offending posts in the same thread. Blue has let some people goes years getting away with crap here, because they walk a fine line of passive aggressiveness acting like they are clever. But if you call them out and insult them in return with more colourful language, all of a sudden Blue deletes the posts while ignoring the original offender.

Whether you like me or not, it doesn't take much objective thought to see the double standard. Calling someone a bag of dicks is somehow less insulting than just straight up calling them an asshole? One apparently delete worthy, the other gets a pass.

How about the anti-cop posts a few days ago? It really upset someone around here. Those are arguably far more hurtful to someone than just calling them an asshole. Yet the more hurtful posts remain.

The irony is you and Descender and many others acting like angels and pointing fingers at me, when most of the shit you post is garbage and you've both been in more than your fair share of spats here, that didn't even involve me. It's so easy to point the finger and you guys really like to do it.

This comment was edited on Apr 17, 2015, 17:24.

267. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 17, 2015, 16:33 Krovven

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 16:15:
First patch is out, notes here
Hope this will fix the issues for those that are still experiencing problems playing this game.

It's really frustrating that they took so long to put the patch notes up. The patch was available late last night, a good 10 hours or so before they put those patch notes up on the website.

266. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 17, 2015, 16:31 Krovven

descender wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 16:08:
Moderation probably wouldn't be a concern of yours if you were not causing problems. If you actually notice (or care) how Blue moderates things then.... maybe you should rethink how you interact with people.

If someone wants to attack me, I'll respond. I honestly don't care if my posts like the one I made get deleted if they deserve to be. I do however have an issue with selective moderation.

Another example is the Into the Black thread from last night. Burrito of Peace has been insulting everyone there and turned it into a fanboy war...more of him versus everyone else. Blue hasn't done anything about it. Burrito of Peace frequently makes posts of that kind, and nothing is done about it.

News Comments > Into the Black
40. Re: Into the Black Apr 17, 2015, 16:07 Krovven

1badmf wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 01:07:
Creston wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 21:52:
nin wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 21:20:
DangerDog wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 21:05:
It's the dialog that's going to ruin the movie, especially the forced humor.

Has dialogue ever been star wars strong suit?

"Yippeeeee!"

"Are you an angel?"

"It's over Anakin! I have the higher ground!"

"He killed younglings, Padme! YOUNGLINGS!"

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit...

the dialogue of the originals was always at least charming with Ford and Fisher delivering them with confident aplomb. i imagine they were pretty hokey on the page, so that magic was all on the cast. and i thought pretty much all of yoda's lines in Empire were sheer poetry.

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter." words i still try to live by.

re: the trailer, i have to agree with burrito about the snippet with han. that line was a bit of a bottom feeding attention grab. i have a hard time picturing the masculine pragmatist han that i grew up saying something like that. that scene alone makes me wary - proves JJ is still not above pandering and cheap fan service. this film shouldn't be the least bit about fandom wish fulfillment. it should be about star wars and there is absolutely no need to cheapen the film with nods and winks to the audience like that.

Yet, the original trilogy was full of nods and winks. It was the dialogue that didn't take itself so seriously that was the best in Star Wars. What you outline here is absolutely nothing new.

262. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 17, 2015, 15:53 Krovven

Blue wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 07:43:
So you report my post calling you names, but Blue leaves your post calling me a douche.

A third party reported it (and this one for that matter), not Rigs. I deleted the post that was reported.

So your complaint is not that I deleted your post, but that I didn't comb back through the thread for more posts to delete?

Is that how you want these boards moderated? Should more posts be deleted?

Typical Blue, keep that double standard going.

Yeah, that's not winning you any points right now.

My complaint is the same as it always seems to be with you. Either moderate or don't. Why delete response posts and leave the original attack? Just because it wasn't reported? If you come to moderate one post, why would you not look at the others?

Why would I be worried about pleasing you and winning points? It's clear you are selective and uneven with your moderation. You let people like your buddy nin make back handed attacks at people all the time. You ban someone every now and then when they get way beyond being out of hand. Other than that they just make new accounts and continue on.

News Comments > Blizzard Killing Diablo III Trial Rifts
8. Re: Blizzard Killing Diablo III Trial Rifts Apr 17, 2015, 14:14 Krovven

Didn't come from the forum post, it came from this interview. Which that forum post is just a transcript of.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48393-trials-will-be-removed-in-a-future-patch

257. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 17, 2015, 00:34 Krovven

AirWreck wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 00:20:
Rigs wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 19:28:

...not the second part. I know he wasn't initially talking to or about me, the reason I said something was his nasty remark to 'DangerDog':

Krovven wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 23:17:
There is an FoV slider in the options. But I guess it's easier to be stupid or jump to conclusions than look for yourself.

I took that response the same way as you Rigs the first time I read it as directed at DangerDog, but on second reading I believe it was to JohnBirshire.

Indeed. DangerDog certainly seemed to understand that, as he had replied to that post, obviously not upset at what I said.

256. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 17, 2015, 00:31 Krovven

Rigs wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 19:28:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 18:11:
Not to excuse anything that was said afterwards, but it is factual that you targeted Krovven first.

Actually, I kinda didn't. We quarreled a while ago and this was really an extension of that. I have no problem with his posts except for the snide remarks he makes at the end of them when someone does something or has an opinion he doesn't agree with. I mean, disagree, fine. But you don't have to put them down and make them feel stupid for even posting. He's done it a number of times and I felt it was time someone called him out on it. I don't go around doing that. Most respectable posters here don't do that. Trolls do that. Children that want attention do that.

Sepharo wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 18:11:
And then you weirdly said, "None of my posts about those topics involved you in any way." in response to "Except I wasn't even speaking to you" which was in response to you mentioning him.

I was referring to this first comment:
Krovven wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 22:13:
And you rub me the wrong way with your childish rants about the delay, your posts about piracy and your general retardedness on the matter.

...not the second part. I know he wasn't initially talking to or about me, the reason I said something was his nasty remark to 'DangerDog':

Krovven wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 23:17:
There is an FoV slider in the options. But I guess it's easier to be stupid or jump to conclusions than look for yourself.

So, yes, in this instance, I started it, but as I said it was really an extension of our previous argument and him being a total jerk for no reason lately...not to mention his disrespectful and immature responses to me...

=-Rigs-=

Thanks for clearing up the obvious, which is what I've been saying and you've been denying.

You slung the shit first and then complained about getting a reply. If you are just going to cry about it, then maybe next time you shouldn't pick the fight.

I had ignored your continued bullshit posts about the GTA V delays, followed by your posts promoting piracy because your feelings were hurt over the delays. You are just sad and not worth my time. However, when you quote my posts and sling insults, don't be surprised when you get it in return.

Just like I wouldn't have been surprised to get something in return from the people I had actually replied to. One of them being a regular troll, so it's nothing they would be surprised about.

Just so we are clear, YOU were the one that brought up a 6-8 week old fight. YOU were the one denying it. YOU were the one that tried to place blame on me and play the victim.

Get your damn head on straight.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records
46. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 17, 2015, 00:15 Krovven

DangerDog wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 21:08:
Krovven wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 18:40:
On phone and dint want to edit a huge quote. But regarding hood cam and head bob, you can turn off head bob in the options.

I'll have to check that out, I played with that setting and thought it was for first person view / mode.

It may be. I turned it off before even playing. But I don't have an issue with the bouncing (of the car) in first person so much, as I have control of the camera with the mouse.

I do drive mostly in third person especially Online, but I've also got it set to use Hood cam now for first person driving (mostly single player).

42. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 16, 2015, 18:40 Krovven

On phone and dint want to edit a huge quote. But regarding hood cam and head bob, you can turn off head bob in the options.

250. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 16, 2015, 16:58 Krovven

Rigs wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 13:46:
Krovven wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 07:01:
Rigs wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 22:57:
Rigs wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 16:40:

It's not that, he just rubs me the wrong way. He's says something relevant but then always ends it with something condescending or patronizing. I'd have no problems if he didn't try to act like a douche with every comment...it's like no one is allowed to ask a question or make a statement unless it's worthy enough, otherwise he treats them like they're stupid...

=-Rigs-=

And you rub me the wrong way with your childish rants about the delay, your posts about piracy and your general retardedness on the matter.

Except I wasn't even speaking to you in my reply but to someone that frequently posts stupid shit, similar to you.

I rest my case. None of my posts about those topics involved you in any way. Don't come back now and complain about it when you didn't have to get involved in those discussions to begin with!

Enjoy my IGNORE filter, Krovven, you've earned it. I'm done listening to you blame everyone else for your actions when you're called out.

So you report my post calling you names, but Blue leaves your post calling me a douche. Typical Blue, keep that double standard going.

Once again blaming others for your actions. And you talk about me manning up?

Rigs wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 22:57:
None of my posts about those topics involved you in any way.

Let's have a look at that shall we? The post that you quoted and replied calling me a douche, had nothing to do with you. You want to sling shit? Man the fuck up. Just don't forget to take your meds first.

You're paranoid, Krovven, I didn't waste my time reporting you, Blue can tell you as much if you don't believe me. Maybe if you could have a respectful adult discussion, you wouldn't have to worry about having the online equivalent of a sock stuffed in your mouth...

=-Rigs-=

Dude, go back to putting me on ignore. You are pathetic. Do I really need to quote the posts? I didn't reply to you and didn't even mention your name or talk about you. You replied to someone elses post and chose to insult me in that post that had nothing to do with you. I put you in your place and now you are STILL crying about it.

34. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 16, 2015, 16:49 Krovven

DangerDog wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 16:07:
4D-Boxing wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 14:48:
@jimnms

I'm only considering this title because of the first person view. Last 3rd person perspective game i've touched/enjoyed was Max Payne 2 lol.

Are you experiencing the mouse/input lag issue? I was going to buy the game after work but i'll probably hold back since most reviews and youtube vids are in 3rd person. Last but not least, I've read reviews that mention the multiplayer modes but, I have read anything regarding how games are accessed. Is there a server browser?

No server browser, you go online and you're put into the GTA world on what looks like an instanced server that holds up to 32 people. From there you can either put yourself in passive mode where you can't be killed (except from being run over I think). You can do some activities in this lobby type system like kill other player (only if you turn passive mode off) and rob 7-11 type shops where once you do you'll need to evade the cops.

The other things like deathmatch and TDM, races and heists are all things you activate by walking into blue circles on the map, once you do you'll be put into a match making "queue" system which can take several minutes before you're actually playing the mode. These are all player hosted and I don't think there's any host migration - if the host quits everyone gets dumped. The host is randomly picked - at least in public play and gets to setup the game parameters like difficulty level, time of day and other things.

Some modes you can respawn like in racing, others have a limited amount of team respawns but modes like TDM seem to be one life modes, die and you're in spectator mode.

First person view is hampered by a low FOV, it maxes out somewhere around 80 using the in game adjustments. There's a mod that lets you set it higher, I'm using the damn thing as it makes the game so much more enjoyable to me.

FOV Mod

You can also host Invite Only sessions as well as Solo sessions online. They don't have the grouping of friends and crew members down yet, same problem they had on consoles at launch. It's best to launch jobs and invite people from there.

I advise turning off Matchmaking by default so you dont have to do it every time you are trying to do stuff with Crew.

I advise everyone after logging into Online to go through your settings thoroughly. There are multiple menu's. Press M for the ingame quick menu. Esc>Online>Options as well as Esc>Settings>Online as well as all the other Settings.

Using the arrow keys and Enter I've found to be the fastest way to get through the menu's once you know them.

I play first person when on foot, 3rd person High cam in car, 3rd person cover enabled (too limiting in first person), 3rd person rag doll, etc. Basically 3rd person with everything except when on foot. You can set all these in the Options menu. I also changed first person in car to be the hood cam for when i do want it. No more windows, roof, dash making it impossible to see anything other than whats right in front of you.

32. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 16, 2015, 16:44 Krovven

4D-Boxing wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 14:48:
@jimnms

I'm only considering this title because of the first person view. Last 3rd person perspective game i've touched/enjoyed was Max Payne 2 lol.

Are you experiencing the mouse/input lag issue? I was going to buy the game after work but i'll probably hold back since most reviews and youtube vids are in 3rd person. Last but not least, I've read reviews that mention the multiplayer modes but, I have read anything regarding how games are accessed. Is there a server browser?

Mouse lag kinda depends on your system and settings.

Mouse Input set to Raw and vsync On and I have little to no issues with mouse lag. Anything other that Raw the mouse was unusable and with vsync off it wasnt smooth at all.

17. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 16, 2015, 14:20 Krovven

Jimnms msg me on Steam and I'll do my best to answer your questions.

7245 Comments. 363 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo