Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6884 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Battlepack Sales
7. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlepack Sales May 28, 2014, 04:14 Krovven

Trevellian wrote on May 28, 2014, 01:02:
Who cares, the game has been out over a year.

When did 8 months become "over a year"?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tropico 5 Preorders Soar
20. Re: Tropico 5 Preorders Soar May 22, 2014, 00:46 Krovven

Nope wasn't me. Don't even know what that is.  

News Comments > Tropico 5 Preorders Soar
18. Re: Tropico 5 Preorders Soar May 21, 2014, 17:11 Krovven

Anyone already done a 4-pack and have an extra copy?

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Apr 26, 2014, 03:32 Krovven

nin wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 02:36:
El Pit wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 01:00:
nin, Chewbacca is very likely alive, because Peter Mayhew is shooting scenes for Episode VII.

I'm hoping, I'm just waiting for official confirmation. What seems weird is he had an incident with the TSA awhile back, and he was in a wheelchair and had a cane (so I was a little surprised he'd come back). I wonder if we're going to see a lot of sitting Chewbacca shots...

It has already been confirmed publicly that Peter Mayhew is reprising his roll of Chewbacca.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-episode-vii-adds-694151

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Apr 26, 2014, 03:30 Krovven

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 01:48:
Zahn brought the EU back from the dead with an amazing trilogy of his own. If they could get him involved with the new trilogy of films I'd be a happy camper.

Stupid thing is, those books are over 20 years old at this point. Of the things I've heard about the new movies, there are things that seem to be possibly borrowed from his books, but that remains to be seen.

After reading the Thrawn series back when I was still in high school, I started reading some of the other EU books and I don't think I was able to finish a single one of them, they were SO bad by comparison. I recall one being filled, absolutely filled were spelling errors and so many grammatical errors that made it unreadable.

I'm looking forward to the new movies, but I'm not holding my breath.

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
58. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 7, 2014, 15:27 Krovven

Yea Barbs are fine, but it was a big change from what people were used to and the way things had been in the beta for months. It took some time for people to adjust. Which is why I don't want to see major changes to the Crusader this quickly, just small adjustments.

I still have shit gear and weapon on my Crusader and still stomping though with the build I've been using. The irony is that my build is getting nerfed with with the damage reduction to Heavens Fury, while everything else is getting buffed. The Justice buff won't make up for it, as Heavens Fury is my elite killer.

This comment was edited on Apr 7, 2014, 15:33.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
24. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 7, 2014, 01:25 Krovven

I thought Goat Simulator was an April Fools joke.

54. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 7, 2014, 01:20 Krovven

Verno wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 19:45:
I don't know, I remember a fair amount of negative feedback from the latter half of beta, particularly when a big round of strange nerfs landed before retail.

There was a massive backlash for the Barbarian nerfs that happened a couple weeks before the beta ended. I was one of the people that didn't like what they did to the Barbarian resource generation. I don't recall anything major about Crusader nerfs, but maybe the Barb nerfs overshadowed that.

The thing about Diablo 3 is, there are always people that complain about one thing or another for every class. It's impossible to take them all seriously. There are also some absolutely ridiculous suggestions out there as to what needs to change, that give no thought to anything but that particular skill. As I said, I think the Crusader needs some work, but it's nowhere as bad as some folks are making it out to be. They don't need a major overhaul, just some tweaking. But so does every class.

But when someone is unwilling to post their character so others can see their gear and build for critique...then there is no reason to take them seriously at all. At least on the Blizz forums you can usually view their profile and call them out on stupid shit. ie: When someone is posting 'Crusader suckz ballz!' and you see they have a lvl 15 Crusader...or a lvl 70 using 5 Wrath spenders while complaining they don't have enough Wrath.

Which is why I posted my sheet. I have 1 Wrath spender, 1 Wrath generator and the rest are cooldowns. But I could easily swap out one
and add another Wrath spender in there.

53. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 7, 2014, 00:58 Krovven

Redmask wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 19:24:
Krovven wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 19:15:
But hey, guess I hit a nerve seeing as you need to resort to name calling because I disagree with you.

You're the one who started calling me names and acted like a dickhead for no reason. I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire, you're on ignore now.

I think you need to learn to read. I never called you any names. I suggested that maybe you were a selfish player based on the comments you made because you felt that Crusaders were a hinderance to groups. You are the one that got all pissy and defensive because I suggested that maybe your problem was a gear or build issue and that you should post your character sheet. Seeing as you seem to be against doing this suggests to me you are incapable of taking any criticism whatsoever.

48. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 6, 2014, 19:15 Krovven

Redmask wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 19:05:
There is nothing wrong my gear, build or playstyle,

Then why don't you link your character sheet?

Redmask wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 19:05:
You don't know anything about how my group plays and you are referring to the wrong rune, dickhead.

You said a couple of the crit runes, you didn't specify which ones. The one I referred to specifically (and said "if" you are using), is a common one people seem to be trying to use when it's not the ideal choice, particularly in a group. Maybe if you can be more specific instead of just generally commenting on runes without using their names or what skills they belong to, then we can talk about those.

But hey, guess I hit a nerve seeing as you need to resort to name calling because I disagree with you.

This comment was edited on Apr 6, 2014, 19:22.

46. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 6, 2014, 19:01 Krovven

Verno wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 17:43:

Changes and stuff:

- Make the 2H passive innate and remove the movement slow
- Completely redesign several abilities and runes, some of the laws and abilities like Consecrate are embarrassing
- Buff the wrath generators and their respective runes
- The passives need another go, a good half of them are brutal
- Make shields block some of non-physical damage that make melee hard to play

Can't say I disagree, but I also don't think they are gimped. I agree the 2h option should be innate, but not remove the movement speed penalty, just a 10% (instead of 15%) reduction that can be overcome by using additional gear/paragon to get back to the 25% cap. Wrath generation, maybe a small boost, but not much. Every class has some weak abilities, Crusader is no different. Shields don't need to block elemental damage, that's what resists are for.

Everyone seems to be using a different Crusader build, that seems to work. I don't even use Judgement and I do just fine. Again, I know plenty of people playing Crusader and not having the same issues you guys are referring to.

People need to remember that this is the first pass on Crusader...they have had 2 years to learn the mistakes in the other classes and are still working on them. Crusader had a ton of positive feedback in the RoS beta and were receiving high praise on the design of the class.
It's still very early, there is still gear and build combos to be found.

45. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 6, 2014, 18:44 Krovven

Redmask wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 16:34:
I'm not having a problem with it, the class itself is just really underpowered compared to others. I don't really care what random internet people say about how fast they level, their problems are not readily apparent while leveling.

Who is going on about how fast they level? You only referred to getting the Crusader to lvl 70. So I referenced that, as I have done so too. And I'm finding it definitely more productive than the Monk, which I finished Act V earlier yesterday before finishing up my Crusader. I find them to be about on par with the Barbarian, and my Barb was well geared from 1.08. But I find the Crusader to be far more fun and versatile than the Barbarian, but I'm still spoiled from the OP WW Barb build from 1.08.

Anyone can can keyboard bang any class to 70 anyways. They are noticeably slower than pretty much any other class at clearing bounties/rifts and their survivability is not really any higher. In the time it takes to run Torment I bounties I'd already be done and started another on my DH or Wizard.

Definitely disagree with you there. Their survivability is excellent. Maybe you don't have the paragon levels, maybe you have shitty gear, maybe you are trying to use a gimped build or you are trying to play a difficulty you have no business being in. I don't know without seeing your character sheet. But your opinion here seems to be quite contradictory to my own experience and most people I know playing the Crusader, which just makes me think you are doing something wrong.
I am playing through Act V Torment 1 (entirely at lvl 70, my other classes all started Act V at lvl 60) and mostly with level 60 gear still and I'm having zero problems surviving or dealing damage.

At TII+ for grouping I find them to be a drag on the group, their only real assets are two crit runes, one of which is sure to be nerfed.

On one hand you are saying their Crit runes are overpowered and going to be nerfed, on the other hand you are saying the class is underpowered...which is it? If you are using the 5 sec crit rune for Laws of Valor, then you are likely a selfish player...as the Answered Prayer Rune for the Nephalem Glory orbs is stronger especially for grouped play. 3 stacks of Neph Glory on full up time for 4 players is far better. Your comment of them being a drag on the group and also your comment about only wanting to play the class you feel you can gear up the fastest, also leads me to believe you are a selfish player that isn't really looking to just enjoy the game and playing with friends.

Why all the complaints about the writing? All of the game's predecessors weren't exactly Hemingway either.

People want them to do better.

So tired of hearing about the story. Diablo 1/2 were never about the story. The story has always been thin and simply to supply the environment. Diablo 3 they actually went way above what was needed as far as story goes. Is some of the writing bad? Yes. But its a fucking video game, not a novel. There are so very very few video games that I can refer to as having a great story with strong writing. After you finish the game once through, do you really go talk to everyone and listen to everything or even give a crap about the story? No. Auto-Skip Cutscenes and a lot of Spacebar.

41. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 6, 2014, 15:34 Krovven

Well all I can say is, I got my Crusader last night to lvl 70 on Torment 1, killed Diablo and started Act V without a problem and was still using a lvl 61 Thunderfury. He rarely dies and destroys everything. Once I get a new lvl 70 weapon it's going to be ridiculous.
Here is the link to my build. Majority of my gear is lvl 60 still.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Krovven-1128/hero/45015283

Forgot that I equipped that new axe before I logged last night, I've yet to use it. I just enchanted it as it dropped for my Monk earlier in the evening.

Not saying they don't need work, they do, but if you are having that much problem with the Crusader, you are doing something wrong. I know plenty of people that think the Crusader is OP, especially at lower lvl's.

This comment was edited on Apr 6, 2014, 15:49.

34. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 6, 2014, 07:35 Krovven

Tanto Edge wrote on Apr 5, 2014, 20:33:
....yeah don't care.

Don't care that you don't care.

25. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 5, 2014, 12:24 Krovven

Rhialto wrote on Apr 5, 2014, 10:37:
Jivaro wrote on Apr 5, 2014, 03:56:
Krovven wrote on Apr 5, 2014, 01:44:
Rhialto wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 19:48:
9 months later I decide to take a look... I just wrote a post about how unbelievable that an achievement called Judge of Character is still not fixed after all that time.

What bug? I have the achievement and have for a long time.
There isn't a bug with that achievement, that was fixed quite some time ago.
It's still there, believe me.
http://imgur.com/N65ulHU
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11985118535

Ok, so how about "Grand Lorekeeper of Sanctuary" achievement, have you completed all the needed achievements for this one? If so, is it marked as complete, or incomplete because of the JoC achieve?

Also, a Blizz post here from 3 days ago regarding this and other achievement errors. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11161436067?page=26

This comment was edited on Apr 5, 2014, 12:35.

17. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 5, 2014, 01:44 Krovven

Rhialto wrote on Apr 4, 2014, 19:48:
9 months later I decide to take a look... I just wrote a post about how unbelievable that an achievement called Judge of Character is still not fixed after all that time.

What bug? I have the achievement and have for a long time.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Mar 30, 2014, 18:19 Krovven

This is extremely old news. This is exactly the reason Humble changed the way the redemption of games works in the account management screen, what like 6 months ago? Instead of giving serial numbers to be activated (that could be resold), you have to enter your Steam info and assign the games to the account. Or gift them directly to a friend to be activated on their account.

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined
32. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined Mar 26, 2014, 05:56 Krovven

So right after making my last post I logged in and played. Still on Torment 1, and was going through the area after Blood Marshes...up to the Ram. I first got a Rare 2h that was about 2500dps with 1000+ Int, no socket. Was an upgrade over my lvl 60 offhand and 1600dps wand with socket. Not long after I got a M...Reaver 2h axe, no socket that was 2600+ dps, with int and vit. I used that and 10min later I got a Scourge 2h sword, 2600+ dps, lots of int, has socket, 3000+ life on hit and an effect of 20% chance to trigger a demonic rage. Freaking sweet weapon. The thing explodes with this awesome green effect constantly anhilatating everything within about 5-10 yards.

Upgraded my Bracer with a rare, upgraded my belt with a new legendary (dps loss, but was huge toughness increase). Think I upgraded my shoulders with a rare too...now I have 600+ dps, forget latest # as I upgraded a few gems right before logging out, and about 3.5 mil toughness.

Good times. Hopefully will have time to finish Act V to
tomorrow.

30. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined Mar 26, 2014, 01:11 Krovven

I hit lvl 70 this afternoon in Path of the Drowned (Blood Marshes) and still playing Torment 1 as a Wiz. I'll keep it on T1 until I simply can't progress without dying repeatedly. It's only been mini-bosses giving me a tough time. Elites/Champs and Rare mobs have not been an issue.

19. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined Mar 25, 2014, 14:50 Krovven

Logged on when I got home from work, a couple hours after launch and had no queue or lag issues.

Started up Act V campaign on Torment 3, a friend joined and we did up to the Cemetery before he had to log. The mini-bosses dps output is insane compared to everything else. We had zero problem with trash and elites, then got destroyed many times over by Drygha. We dropped to T2 and finished him off. Once I was playing solo, again having no probs with trash and elites, then the next mini-boss (similar to Drygha) was a PITA again. Now down to T1, I did Lord Wyndmere (sp?) (forget his name) and that was another bullshit fight with respawning trash mobs, 2 mages channeling a shield on the Lord (that respawn) and the Lord would 1 or 2 shot me. I moved on and cleared to Urzael and he was easy compared to the mini-bosses. I was barely hit and never died, killed first try easily.

Methinks some balancing issues need to be taken care of.

Overall, loving the new act and the follower side quests and all the events that were in Westmarch. Wrapped up before starting Blood Marshes and I was lvl 68 already.

6884 Comments. 345 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo