Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 7594 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking
36. Re: Video Game Voice Actors Consider Striking Sep 23, 2015, 14:59 Krovven

Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 13:26:
Ozmodan wrote on Sep 23, 2015, 10:24:
Wow must be a tough job, reading a script and getting paid for it. They could just hire thespian college kids for a lot less if they wanted to. They are overpaid for what they do now!

Sorry, far as I am concerned they can jump in a lake.

Having taken a LOT of theater and acting classes, I assure you that you cannot get your average college thespian to turn in a performance in the same class as a seasoned actor. You want video game voice acting to go back to the 90s when friends, family, and coders did the voice acting and it was complete shit?

Some people just don't get it. Thankfully they aren't in the industry so their opinion doesn't matter.

They don't make a lot of money. They may only work 1 day and get $300 or so. Residuals are often pennies and not worth the paper it's printed on.
Actors do not work every day. It may be days, weeks between jobs. Getting residuals from the "successful" projects helps puts food on the table for their families when they are between jobs.

Guys like Nolan North and Troy Baker aren't making base pay and they work, constantly. But what about everyone else that aren't known actors?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Sep 22, 2015, 18:53 Krovven

Freeman apparently has 2 left arms?  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight for PC "In the Coming Weeks"; DLC Details
3. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight for PC Sep 22, 2015, 18:50 Krovven

Reviews on all the DLC has been pretty crappy. So no loss there at all. I had never intended to buy the DLC anyways as the DLC for all the Arkham games has been pretty much a waste of money and time.

The last patch, there was a noticeable improvement in the graphics quality. However the number one problem for me is still the framerate cutting in half when in the Batmobile doing hard turns (with all Nvidia effects on).

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2015, 22:36 Krovven

Anyone getting phishing popups on Blues today? Browsing on my phone and today is the first times it's happened, but now it's happened 4 times today and it's not happening on any other sites using my phone.

3 more times while trying to make this post. Seems to be a lot of banking and financing ads on the site today. Usually gaming related ads is it not?

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2015, 18:16 Krovven

And in the original theatrical release of RoTJ there was a shot of an Ewok being squished by an ATST that was removed due to traumatized kids.

News Comments > World of Warships Sets Sail
8. Re: World of Warships Sets Sail Sep 18, 2015, 06:37 Krovven

SlimRam wrote on Sep 17, 2015, 18:25:
Eh, if you're looking for a true battleship simulation (like I have been my whole life Great Naval Battles being my all time favorite)...yeah, THIS AIN'T IT! It's fun and it looks really nice and the net code seems amazing but like InBlack said, it's a ridiculous grind unless you open you're wallet.

If your only goal is to get to tier 10 ships, then ya it's a grind. But that's a poor way to approach this game in my opinion. As far as I'm concerned the best gameplay falls in the tier 2-6 range. Getting ships in those tiers takes minimal play time (a few hours) and then it's leveling up your Commander, which it doesn't take long to get the first 10 skill points, which is the meat of the upgrades.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2015, 23:49 Krovven

Asmodai wrote on Sep 15, 2015, 22:07:
Been there a few times on trips from Aus and always call it San Fran (apologies ;).

re: the whale video, seriously, does everyone have to exclaim "I got that on video" before what you are getting has finished happening.

Strap a fucking go pro to your head if you need footage and enjoy life with your eyes, it's a hell of a lot more fun imo.

Ya shame on people shooting video of pod of whales feeding. How dare they.

And seriously, ignore the elitist losers when it comes to city names.
Its like an idiot ex I had claiming I wasn't from Vancouver because I didn't go to school in the city. Yet I was born in the city and she wasn't.

News Comments > Need for Speed PC Needs More Time
9. Re: Need for Speed PC Needs More Time Sep 14, 2015, 16:31 Krovven

They need 4-6 months to unlock the framerate? Incompetent much?

I'll throw the Dark Forces: Jedi Knight into the ring for great games with good live action cutscenes.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Footage
13. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Footage Sep 13, 2015, 21:16 Krovven

It was mostly bots. Pretty sure Don Mattrick doesn't play EA games as a tester in his spare time (did he go back to EA after Zynga?). Didn't look too closely at other names but his stood out.

I was saying the same thing to my GF watching the video. Watching the bots lemming train along a path completely ignoring the player just like they did in BF Vietnam.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Footage
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews Sep 13, 2015, 15:23 Krovven

ELITE wrote on Sep 13, 2015, 14:41:
This doesn't look like fun at all

I'm so bummed...

Yea watching 1 min of that solidified that I have no desire to buy this, ever. Not even on the cheap. They've gone so far in the wrong direction with this it's not funny.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Weekend
22. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Weekend Sep 11, 2015, 15:46 Krovven

Firaxis can suck my left nut if they think I'm paying $80 on Steam.

I'll get it cheaper elsewhere. I'm not a massive XCom fan and was both pleased and frustrated with XCom:EU. It was a fun game, but there were too many weird line of sight and accuracy issues. Even at $46 on GMG, that's pushing it. I've got no problem waiting until this is out, patched and a fraction of the price.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch
21. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 16:12 Krovven

Haven't spent a lot of time with it yet, just loaded it up for 10min. High res graphics look much better now, but framerate still tanks (from 60fps to 30fps) when in the Batmobile doing hard turns. Messing around that was the only framerate drop I would get with max settings.

Otherwise, not much has changed for me as far as performance goes compared to prepatch.

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2015, 16:23.

News Comments > Torchlight Burns Out Runic
59. Re: removed Sep 3, 2015, 19:30 Krovven

Blue wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 18:49:
Krovven wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 17:49:
So you removed posts (at least my two) that didn't have any attacks or insults, one which was a reply to InBlack...but you've left all the other bullshit in this thread?

I explained that I was not going back to try and triage that mess you guys left, I was just asking you to cut it out, and when you didn't, I cut it out for you. Everybody thinks they want the iron hand until it comes down.

And I have already explained once that as far as I know you are not Krowen... if mistaken identity is a big concern, you might want to consider another nickname, because that's going to keep coming up.

Like I said I never asked for moderation. Just you to explain that I'm not Krowen since Axis didn't believe it and just continued on.

If Axis is going to continue attacking me or people that he thinks are me over multiple threads, I'm going to say something if you aren't going to do anything about on your own.

All you have to do is look at the posts in those threads to see how it played out. I even ignored him at first until he kept it up. And his behaviour is not even unique towards me.

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 2015, 19:39.

57. Re: removed Sep 3, 2015, 17:49 Krovven

So you removed posts (at least my two) that didn't have any attacks or insults, one which was a reply to InBlack...but you've left all the other bullshit in this thread? So it's okay for InBlack to make comments to me, but not okay for me to reply? There was nothing wrong with my reply that warranted a removal.

Blue, I asked you to come explain to him that I'm not Krowen. I honestly don't care about the rest of his vitriol, I'm a big boy and don't need it moderated. He has only received what he asked for with his attacks. It remains as evidence to prove my point, if nothing else.

56. removed Sep 3, 2015, 15:24 Krovven

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 3, 2015, 15:59.

News Comments > World of Warships This Month
8. Re: World of Warships This Month Sep 3, 2015, 14:17 Krovven

TangledThorns wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 12:23:
I've been very addicted to this game for over a month however yesterday's patch with the unnecessary nerfs, added match-making time, and a delayed premium ship has turned me off from it. I'll be taking a break from it to play BF4 with the new and free DLC.

That's silly. Unnecessary nerfs? Like what? They have been releasing tons of Premium Ships, too many in fact, because of the marketing pushes they were doing over the last 2 months for Gamescon and PAX. Premium Ships should come after fixing the broken balance issues.

News Comments > World of Warships This Month
7. Re: World of Warships This Month Sep 3, 2015, 14:12 Krovven

This is really premature. They only just launched the 4.1 patch yesterday after a couple weeks on Public Test. It hasn't even had a chance to settle in and see if the changes they made really made a difference for the better.

It's a great game, but still work to be done, especially in the upper tiers.

Navyfield is a completely different style of game. They can hardly be compared other than they both are about Navy ships.

54. removed Sep 3, 2015, 14:03 Krovven

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 3, 2015, 15:59.

47. Re: Torchlight Burns Out Runic Sep 3, 2015, 00:08 Krovven

Axis wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 23:46:
What I think of you is would be an insult to you and no surprise to anyone else. Also against forum rules and general consideration which you have no respect for.

You should reread your own replies in many threads, if you can get past the 100's of *removed*, then compare them to others to gauge what an actual "insult" looks like. But I'm sure you know that, and are disappointed I'm not coming down to your level.

You are petty.

Lol, you are such a hyprocrite it's not funny. You started the insults in all of the examples. Going back to the Verno PoE discussion, you were the first to attack and insult him. See post #38 and #39 of this thread. You made the insult, not me, not Krowen. See the Diablo 3 Season 4 thread, Post #2 and #3. You again insulted Krowen.

NONE of these attacks has involved me. None of it. In the recent threads it's you insulting Krowen, thinking you are attacking me because his name is similar to mine.

Figure it the fuck out.

45. Re: Torchlight Burns Out Runic Sep 2, 2015, 22:46 Krovven

Axis wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 20:14:
You are delusional thinking by just saying something it becomes true - anyone can read that "link" but you're banking on no one doing so -- how stupid do you think everyone is here?

You certainly are the doubletroll so you can support your own make-believe when no one else does, which is usually the case.

No clue what you are talking about with the "link" you think I'm apparently making up. Care to actually share that with us? I posted lots of links, all of which show you being a complete asshole.

Again, if you think I'm Krowen, feel free to report me to Blue. He does actually delete troll accounts. Ask Derek Smart, he found that out in an embarrassing way.
He will tell you the same thing I'm telling you. I'm not Krowen and I don't have multiple accounts on Blues News. Nor is Verno and Descender the same person.

You are just messed up in the head. It's sad and I feel sorry for you.

7594 Comments. 380 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo