Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 7128 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns $1M Milestone
26. Re: Shadowrun Returns $1M Milestone Apr 15, 2012, 22:48 Krovven

People kicking up a fuss about a single backer exclusive mission is idiotic. I don't recall all the people complaining about the backer exclusive Special Ability at the $30 price point.

Kickstarters are FULL of backer exclusive content. Folks bitching about this one is asinine.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NPD Reports March Decline
28. Re: NPD Reports March Decline Apr 15, 2012, 13:13 Krovven

ASeven is a moron. He says this is his job...clearly he knows very little about how his job works.

But lets keep in mind, this is the same idiot that said RO2 was more anticipated and would be more successful than CoD:MW3 and BF3. He also claims GOTY for Legend of Grimlock...in April. He doesn't know how to use his head, has very little rational thought. He's a fanboy that gets easily attached to his favorite indie game of the month.

In other news, pretty amusing seeing someone that used to argue the qualities of Steam so negatively, are now saying the same things I used to say to them.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Patch Plans
18. Re: Legend of Grimrock Patch Plans Apr 13, 2012, 14:09 Krovven

Also, maybe I'm blind...but is it just me or is there an Attack attribute on the Character Creation screen, but not in-game on the Character Info sheet?

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Patch Plans
17. Re: Legend of Grimrock Patch Plans Apr 13, 2012, 14:07 Krovven

PHJF wrote on Apr 13, 2012, 12:56:
But having said that, I think this could add an interesting level of strategy, but I wonder... at what point would you rather block than attack?

When the enemy attacks kill you before you can kill the enemy? Isn't that kind of obvious? You have two people in the back row who can still DPS while shields up front tank.

Just to add to peoples thinking on this...you can swap the character positions in the party at will, during combat as well. Guys in the front taking too much dmg in a battle, throw your back row party members up front to take more dmg off the others.

I don't see the need to throw in a Block mechanic as things currently are. I'd rather Move than skip an attack to use Shield Block.

News Comments > Tribes Ascend: Launches
34. Re: RE: Follow up Apr 12, 2012, 18:27 Krovven

UConnBBall wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 18:20:
Not pay to win. It is soooo much better then I thought it would be.

Krovven wrote:
Paying cash to gain XP faster than others = Pay To Win. The degree that it is Pay To Win and how much it effects the game is debatable.

UConnBBall wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 18:20:
Most of the stuff is just pay for convenience and flashy things.

But not all. Classes, XP, Currency, Weapons...none of these are cosmetic or "flashy things" as you call them.

News Comments > Tribes Ascend: Launches
29. Re: Tribes Ascend: Launches Apr 12, 2012, 17:31 Krovven

elefunk wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 16:56:
If the only thing you come away with is "pay to win" after reading the PC Gamer review, you're being obscenely obtuse, ignorant, and willfully ignoring the words posted not just in the review, but even the little snippet I quoted.

Paying cash to gain XP faster than others = Pay To Win. The degree that it is Pay To Win and how much it effects the game is debatable. Your tolerance of the micro-transaction model is entirely an individual decision, but people being so defensive over others referring to this game as Pay To Win is silly. Just decide if their system works for you or not.

Personally, thus far I have yet to see a F2P game with P2W type of system that I'm interested in participating with. TF2 being the only P2W system that doesn't bother me, mainly because basically everything has cons to go with the pros, but I don't play the game very often anyways and have never spent any $$ and don't feel at all like Im underpowered because I haven't spent additional $$. In fact I'm usually in the top couple people when I do play, with stock weapons.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock
60. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock Apr 12, 2012, 01:10 Krovven

To heal you also can find a quiet spot and press R to Rest. This will regenerate your party health.

20. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock Apr 11, 2012, 20:40 Krovven

Sepharo wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 20:39:
Damn, game kept locking up and then my screen would go black and it would come back only to do it again. Then it sent my video card into a crashing fit ending with a blue screen. Last game this happened to me with was Bastion and I never got it working despite upgrading various drivers.

Hopefully getting the newest video driver will fix this and not be Bastion all over again for me

Really didn't want to deal with this stuff today (or ever).

Does Bastion still not work?

19. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock Apr 11, 2012, 20:39 Krovven

Also not sure where the price difference is you guys are referring to.

I see $13.49 on their site now, and $13.49 on Steam.

Pre-order price I paid directly from their site was $11.99.

Edit: Of course there is also the bonus stuff that came from ordering directly, that at least currently is not on Steam.

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock Apr 11, 2012, 20:31 Krovven

Wolfen wrote on Apr 11, 2012, 19:54:
Not that I doubt Ill love this game and think it was worth every penny. But I just realized its cheaper on Steam and I would have saved a few bucks had I not pre-ordered directly from them. I feel kind of duped.

=\

You also got a DRM free version if you pre-ordered directly from the website...So you actually got 2 copies for $12.

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock Apr 11, 2012, 19:30 Krovven

Installed! Going to play it later during the Canucks game

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access
35. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 16:30 Krovven

Verno wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 15:21:
Krovven wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 14:54:
Not everyone that posts is interested in justifying or debating their opinions with you or any of the other retards looking to nit-pick every little thing someone says.

He says he has tried the game, in general doesn't like MMO's and GW2 did nothing for him. End of story. He doesn't have to justify his opinion to the likes of you or anyone else.

Kind of like not everyone posting is interested in getting immature attitude and hostility all the time from "you and the other retards around here" ...

Oh Im sorry, you dont like the immature attitude towards people telling myself and others how to behave and what to say and how to say it and that our opinions are wrong? Pardon me if I continue to take nothing you say seriously.

No one said people have to justify their opinions but you can't expect people not to ask how you reached a conclusion if you just drop something vague into a topic....I don't agree with how Yakubs dealt with it but NKD can speak for himself and it was kind of obvious how the whole situation arose.
His opinion wasn't vague. He didn't elaborate on his reasons for having that opinion because he doesn't need to. Yak immaturely jumped on him to justify himself and stating NKD's opinion was invalid. Then you stuck your nose in. You tell me to let NKD speak for himself, yet you seem to be quite willing to defend Yak instead of letting him just speak for himself.

As usual we get to see the famed Verno hypocrisy. I've given you the benefit of the doubt and held off on blocking you...but I guess the day has come.

32. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 14:54 Krovven

Verno wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 14:21:
Errr that was the whole cause for disagreement, he didn't say anything at all about his hands on time. I'm sure most of us would love to hear about it given how stringent the NDAs for this game have been up to this point. "I like chicken" is an opinion but generally it helps when people put a little more substance into these things.

Not everyone that posts is interested in justifying or debating their opinions with you or any of the other retards looking to nit-pick every little thing someone says.

He says he has tried the game, in general doesn't like MMO's and GW2 did nothing for him. End of story. He doesn't have to justify his opinion to the likes of you or anyone else. Nor does he deserve to be attacked over it.

I'm not very interested in GW2, mainly because GW was boring shite and I've seen nothing of GW2 to convince me it's any better. Can I elaborate on that opinion? Absolutely. Do I want to waste my time explaining myself to you, Yak or anyone else only to have someone turn around and just state that my opinion is wrong? Nope.

24. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 13:48 Krovven

Yakubs wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 13:30:
NKD wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 13:15:
Sorry I didn't mean to offend you by not liking what you like and discussing it in the relevant post. In the future I'll be sure I only post if I like something.

Who said you offended me? I'm just wondering why you thought your personal opinion was relevant when you admitted that it had nothing to do with the quality of the game and everything to do with your own video-gaming biases.

Hands-on time with the game is probably more than you or anyone else in this thread have. Our personal biases tend to effect our opinions unless of course you are not human. If you think that's somehow a problem, then you are an idiot like so many others here that want to tell others their opinions are wrong.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned
62. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 13:29 Krovven

ASeven wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 12:52:
Beamer wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 11:03:
So you guys wouldn't wager that 10% of pirates would purchase if piracy wasn't an option?

You think 10% is too high?

As for where millions come from, go to a major torrent site and look and see how many downloaded the game.

Mr. Beamer, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Thanks for reminding me to put you on ignore ASeven. I've read several of your posts in the last few days, most of which are simply attacking Beamer because you disagree with him. Fact is you wouldn't know a rational and logical thought if it bit you on the ass.

While I dont agree with everything Beamer says, you've been clear you don't want to have a normal conversation that doesn't involve disregarding everything he says and just straight up attacking him.

Gotta say, with the dozen or so fools on ignore, threads are so much better to read.

News Comments > Steam to 10
6. Re: Steam to 10 Apr 8, 2012, 20:15 Krovven

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 18:59:
Slashman wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 18:40:
How is Skyrim still doing this???

I mean...I do have a couple hundred hours in the game but...doesn't everyone have it by now???

I don't have it on PC.....was hoping for another update, sale, and some DLC.....oh, and I need a new computer to play it properly.

And does anyone notice it is beating a FREE game. hhahahahaah

I think the ranking of AoE Online would be the sale of the All In Wonder Bundle and sales of the other expansion sets.

I grabbed the All In Wonder Bundle for $17. Makes for a large amount of content for a good price. Even if I only play it now and then.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
26. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 2, 2012, 19:47 Krovven

Bhruic wrote on Apr 2, 2012, 17:47:
There was, for a long, LONG time, multiple companies dedicated to renting out movies. There still are, in different formats.

I can't speak for now, but movie rental product used to be purchased directly from the distributors (studios sold to distributors at a higher rate) at a far higher rate than they were sold to the public for. ie: $30 to retail, $110 to the video store. But they could also choose to return the product back to the distributors to get some money back when they were done with those copies. This is only a brief & incomplete example, as there were many other rules and other business practices behind the model. Bottomline is the film companies got their share.

I can't speak for how things are now with movie rentals so I won't try.

But the point being is video game rentals never had the same business model that movie rentals had, so comparing them is far from accurate. The film studios were involved in the movie rental business model. Pubs were not involved in the video game rental business model.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 2, 2012, 14:54 Krovven

Tumbler wrote on Apr 2, 2012, 14:24:
Your naive few of this situation is exactly what I expect developers/publishers see as well. I hope you understand that all these games I buy were purchased new. They're not bootlegged copies, they're not pirated copies. They're the games you sell. It's not me you need to worry about, it's the customers you seem to think so little of that will turn on you.

And you are ignorant enough to believe that whatever avenue you purchase/trade/rent your games from that the publisher or developer are seeing their share of that income.

If you rent a game, devs/pubs dont see a dime over the initial sale to the Rental company. If you trade a game its the same thing. Yes once upon a time it was sold as new. That is irrelevant as 20 people could rent that game, finish it, never look at it again. Only people that see that money is the rental company, not the devs/pubs.

Pubs generally pay devs a little money up front. Then their bonuses on that product and future work are based on the new sales of the games. Every time you rent/trade games it contributes to a darker future for games.

So don't be claiming people are naive about what Dev & Pubs see when you clearly don't know yourself and are only trying to justify dancing around paying as little as possible. This is your prerogative as it's your dime. But don't think for one second you are doing the industry, dev or pubs any favors doing it your way.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Mar 31, 2012, 01:49 Krovven

MisterBenn wrote on Mar 30, 2012, 21:15:
I didn't know who she was, has she done much in the UK? I can confirm that that is a cleavage. Not a fan of that look where the shirt potatoes are pushed up hard and form a top edge though!

Her current popularity is due to her role on Mad Men. But many know her Saffron, her great role on Firefly.

News Comments > Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition OS X Plans & Cross-Platform Gaming
31. Re: Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition OS X Plans & Cross-Platform Gaming Mar 30, 2012, 14:18 Krovven

Paranoid Jack wrote on Mar 30, 2012, 14:10:
Tumbler wrote on Mar 30, 2012, 11:46:
I never played this back in the day but I hope this will be an HD update to the older game, that would be fun to play it and see what all the fuss was about.

@Tumbler, here is your chance to check it out for almost no cost....
Not a bad deal for 2 classic games

Awesome link. I might just grab that for myself.

LOL, $3 "Extended Download Service" charge. WTF?

7128 Comments. 357 pages. Viewing page 51.
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo