Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6950 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life: Dreamcast
1. Re: Half-Life: Dreamcast Jan 20, 2012, 11:44 Krovven

Gotta love the "unique content" statement, but nothing to back it up.

Anyone know what the new content is? I dont care about changed textures and models.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Take On Helicopters Language Pack
3. Re: Take On Helicopters Language Pack Jan 19, 2012, 13:59 Krovven

Hmm nice, not sure how I missed the demo release.

Will check it out this weekend.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Trailer
15. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 12:12 Krovven

Capitan wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 11:55:
The look of the characters is very GTA-ish. I think this is said.

What? That's your argument "the characters" look like GTA? How about coming up with something substantial and meaningful to demonstrate how MP3 plays anything like GTA?

I think you will be hard pressed to find anyone that will agree with you.

PS: The game looks great.

News Comments > Take On Helicopters Language Pack
1. Re: Take On Helicopters Language Pack Jan 19, 2012, 11:54 Krovven

Still no demo. They didnt even put it on sale during the Holidays sales. Game just doesn't appear to be worth $50.

Till I see both of these things done they will never see my money.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 15, 2012, 18:28 Krovven

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Jan 15, 2012, 18:06:
And look, one of the -so called games of year isn't even on that list--I think it had something to do with a city and a guy dressed like a bat.
Now that word is out that support is terrible, GFWL, and blah blah-peeps are avoiding it.

And it's not Steam exclusive, which makes a massive difference.

It's also been on sale for $20-$25 a lot in the last 4 weeks at various non-Steam vendors.

I haven't had any issues with Arkham City, nor have I heard of any widespread problems, nor have I heard about poor support.

Pull your head out of the sand. How exactly has Arkham City earned your despise?

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. Jan 15, 2012, 04:55 Krovven

The Javelin was shot at an incoming boat. The Javelin, on its' way UP (not down) it struck a Jet on it's underside, this is what makes it such a rare occurrence.

Note where the Javelin smoke trail ends as he looks up to see what happened. That's where it struck the plane, which was only 100 or so feet off the ground.

As for the amount of bullets, it was only a few shots each, but the guy didn't even attempt to aim and they were in the arms of the two targets and the 2nd guy lagged.

I just wish BF3 played better on my system, so I could actually enjoy it. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624694793827/

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Ceasing Witcher 2 Piracy Witch Hunt
46. Re: CD Projekt RED Ceasing Witcher 2 Piracy Witch Hunt Jan 13, 2012, 12:01 Krovven

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 13, 2012, 07:29:
The problem is you're trying to compare actions, that can and may kill a person, group or group of people.

Stealing clothes from a retailer can kill a person? If you are going to cherry pick quotes, pick the right one. The speeding analogy he used was pertaining to the enforcement aspect of it.

45. Re: CD Projekt RED Ceasing Witcher 2 Piracy Witch Hunt Jan 13, 2012, 11:57 Krovven

Prez wrote on Jan 13, 2012, 00:38:
A $1100 fine if proven guilty (as they were suggesting) for software piracy hardly seems unreasonable.

It seems outrageously unreasonable to me.

What would be a suitable punishment for the crime? Because this is a crime. Making them just pay the sticker price would be ludicrous. if that were the punishment then everyone would pirate everything and only pay the sticker price if they get caught. The whole point is that it's a punishment for a crime and is to deter them from doing it again.

In British Columbia, Canada this is the penalty for shoplifting.

Under Section 334(b) of the Criminal Code, for a theft where the value does not exceed $5,000, the maximum fine is $2000, and the maximum jail term is 2 years.

How can you possibly think $1100 fine is unreasonable?

This comment was edited on Jan 13, 2012, 12:05.

35. Re: CD Projekt RED Ceasing Witcher 2 Piracy Witch Hunt Jan 12, 2012, 20:03 Krovven

Prez wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 19:52:
I don't consider my or anyone else's lobbying for more reasonable action rather than storm-trooping over pirates to be "bullying".

Your comments and opinions may have not been "bullying" but it was certainly out there. I'm not basing my statements solely on things you or anyone on these boards has said about this matter. But there was a lot of misguided hate towards CDP at the time this first broke. People that throw out "misguided hate" shouldn't be the ones having influence over CDP's legal actions.

Prez wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 19:52:
Reasonable responses for minor infractions are always better.

A $1100 fine if proven guilty (as they were suggesting) for software piracy hardly seems unreasonable. So I don't know what you would consider reasonable. It's not like the RIAA where they were seeking tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars from individual users that had already proven they didn't pirate the music.

33. Re: CD Projekt RED Ceasing Witcher 2 Piracy Witch Hunt Jan 12, 2012, 19:54 Krovven

Acleacius wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 19:16:
Humm, is it possible GoG is region lock or blocked in some countries forcing some to buy from other locations?

It took them 10 days after release to patch out the DRM from other releases. Furthermore, CDP announced shortly before the release of the Witcher 2 that they were discontinuing use of geo-IP on GOG and letting users use the location options in the Account Settings. So your argument is moot.

Point was, briktal was saying the digital versions all had DRM, which is completely false.

End result is, I firmly believe that CDP has championed on behalf of the end-user over the last many years with regards to DRM and those very people turned on CDP in a blink of an eye.

30. Re: CD Projekt RED Ceasing Witcher 2 Piracy Witch Hunt Jan 12, 2012, 19:42 Krovven

Prez wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 19:19:
Even if their method of identifying pirates was 100% fool-proof, and they dropped action against people who could show that they purchased the game after downloading (which they were allegedly doing, though I haven't seen it confirmed), I would still be 100% opposed to this method of dealing with pirates. It simply does not work

Huh? If it was 100%, then it would work. Otherwise it's not 100%. So what you are saying is you would be opposed to this method no matter what they do.

How do you suggest they defend their property?

29. Re: CD Projekt RED Ceasing Witcher 2 Piracy Witch Hunt Jan 12, 2012, 19:39 Krovven

Prez wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 19:19:
For example, a fan who can't wait until payday to play the game he's been dying to play is still a fan, albeit an impatient one.

And if they could provide proof they purchased the game legitimately I'm sure the charges would be dropped as CD Projekt seems reasonable that way.

Still doesn't change that they broke the law, stole or helped to distribute the software. Using "I was broke at the time" isn't an excuse. Just like using the defense "I was drunk" doesn't mean squat if you broke the law while intoxicated.

Your anger is directed towards people who just take things they want for free without ever paying for them

What anger? I'm not angry, this ultimately doesn't effect me in any way other than the potential longer term ramifications to the industry as a whole. Or, it could maybe mean CDP's next game won't have any DRM free options. I just disagree that CDP should be in turn bullied by what were probably mostly people that never even bought the game.

The angry people were the ones crying foul on CD Projekt and applying worst case scenarios (ie: RIAA bullying) to CDP over this.

Given that CD Projekt is a small studio with relatively niche appeal

This probably had more to do with stopping their current course of action more than anything. They didn't want to risk their name, GoG's name and Witcher franchise name being sullied by the spread of misinformation and hate over them defending their property. Because that was what happened when the news story broke, a whole lot of flaming bullshit from people that had very little info and made up the rest to suit their agenda.

In the end, companies need to defend their properties and do what they can to thwart piracy. If they don't use DRM and the public trashes them for doing it using other legal channels, that's a shame on the people, not the company.

24. Re: CD Projekt RED Ceasing Witcher 2 Piracy Witch Hunt Jan 12, 2012, 17:56 Krovven

Prez wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 16:47:
but just as importantly I don't want them suing their fanbase into oblivion and creating an RIAA/MPAA- sized backlash that turns a huge segment of the market against them.

They aren't suing their fanbase. They were suing people that stole or were contributing to the theft of their game. Those aren't fans. Furthermore the RIAA debacle was a far cry from what was going on here. RIAA were creating thousands of lawsuits without investigating them beforehand, suing people for atrocious numbers that were not within reason.

As I was saying, if the video game masses are going to cry and threaten boycott every time a company tries to defend their property and those companies continue to cave in, this industry is just going to see more and more draconian DRM put in place.

23. Re: CD Projekt RED Ceasing Witcher 2 Piracy Witch Hunt Jan 12, 2012, 17:48 Krovven

briktal wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 17:01:
Assuming you bought the digital version from them and not the retail version or something. Then you did have DRM that was eventually removed because of outcry over the performance issues it caused.

Actually, I pre-ordered the GOG digital release of Witcher 2 which had no DRM at all. If anyone purchased the game elsewhere and got DRM it was only due to their own negligence.

5. Re: CD Projekt RED Ceasing Witcher 2 Piracy Witch Hunt Jan 12, 2012, 12:21 Krovven

Kinda shocked at some peoples attitude. They didn't use DRM that effects legit customers. They go after individuals in a way that doesn't effect legit users and people still complain. Do they not have a right to defend their software and business at all without catching shit from the masses? They need to be very thorough when making their accusations, but the masses should bud the fuck out when it comes to CD Projekt defending their property* that doesn't effect legit customers.

Edit: * spelling

This comment was edited on Jan 12, 2012, 14:43.

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 SDK
19. Re: Red Orchestra 2 SDK Jan 12, 2012, 02:05 Krovven

I hope this is wrong, but as of the time of this posting RO2 doesn't even have enough players to show up on the Stats on Steam. I hope that's a bug and not an indication of how quickly the community has dried up.

Hasn't always been easy to find a sub 50 ping server with people on it when I've tried to play in the last month or two. Shame.

News Comments > BF3 Anti-Cheat Ramps Up
15. Re: BF3 Anti-Cheat Ramps Up Jan 12, 2012, 01:55 Krovven

Kitkoan wrote on Jan 11, 2012, 22:25:

You can't just sit there blindly going "Ok, these are our top players and no one can be very good at our game so they MUST be cheating".

That's not what he said now is it? It doesn't take a genius to figure out which of the "top" players are cheating.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/s4nahmv89cx3y2pr/stats/390277361/

I don't know if people not logged into Battlelog can see this or not. But the guy only has 9h 45m played. He has 95% accuracy, 10,900 kills only 125 deaths, 5.7 million multiplayer score with 9,841 score per minute, over 10,000 kills.

Or this guy http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/xbadkiller100x/stats/356836357/

With almost 25,000 kills and only 112 deaths.

No these guys aren't cheating...not at all.

On my friends list top score per minute is 347, top accuracy is 19%, top K/D is 1.53.

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 SDK
7. Re: Red Orchestra 2 SDK Jan 11, 2012, 11:47 Krovven

Game is very good. I hated Ostfront. With RO2 they redeemed themselves.

It's too bad the community is so small, but that was expected. Coming out around the same time as MW3 and BF3 killed it. A lot of bugs at launch certainly didn't help either.

News Comments > Diablo III in February?
220. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 10, 2012, 19:57 Krovven

Prez wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 21:50:
I don't t need your permission to be aggravated at Blizzard's actions in this matter

I never suggested you did. From my perspective I see a very fine line between online required and online optional. 5-10 years ago I would have leaned more the other way. In 2012 I lean heavily towards online required not being an issue.

All I did was ask you explain to me, how someone that spends so much time online (as I do) and has invested so much in games on Steam, mostly online, has the stance you are taking. Maybe I missed you stating something earlier in the thread, but in the posts I saw you hadn't actually explained why, and that's all I was asking for. I don't agree, but we don't have to agree.

The majority of folks here hate on just about anything and everything they can. You don't, which is why I asked you, not them.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 10, 2012, 14:16 Krovven

Verno wrote on Jan 10, 2012, 13:03:
Static screenshots don't do it justice and graphics have never been a Blizzard strong suit outside of their CGI movies. Diablo is one of the few franchises that wouldn't really be impacted by a console port anyway, that kind of dungeon running isometric game would play well with a controller or KB/M.

Just last night I was wondering how it would play with the 360 pad and if they even had put in basic support in the beta for it.

My only concern would be the character looks where they are aiming/moving at all times, which basically negates the need for the 2nd analog stick. And my natural instinct for games like this are to move with left stick, aim and/or fire with the right stick (ie: Dead Nation).

6950 Comments. 348 pages. Viewing page 51.
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo