Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6885 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
44. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2012, 03:26 Krovven

Bhruic wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 01:03:
I've always thought the Steam download pausing thing was intentional. The download pauses on startup to ensure max bandwidth for mp games, or so I've been thinking...

That's what I thought at first, but it doing it for every game, mp or not, is a bit silly. There's no real need to pause a download when I'm playing sp.

Prez is right. The idiot ignorant people hammering support over lag would be ridiculous if they didn't have it automatically Pause any downloads when a game was loaded. I'm sure they already get plenty of dumbass people contacting support over lag and they just have p2p services running in the background.

Creston wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 03:04:
I think they should just let users determine when shit downloads and when it doesn't. Not having anything downloading when I'm playing a Steam SP game is just stupid. (in case that it's a game that doesn't like to alt-tab. Like Skyrim.)

Creston

Oh noes, you have to manually restart the download once your game is loaded. It's a tough tough life.

PS: Skyrim alt-tabs just fine. No issues here. Must be user error.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Jan 1, 2012, 03:14 Krovven

space captain wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 00:54:
so fuck it, go ahead and go berzerker on this fool and then pat yourself on the back for being a "good guy", its just what we need, let me tell you

Ahh yes, because you are a shining example of how people should behave on the internet. Your post history is full of wonderful examples.

space captain wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 01:24:
maybe the whole company is a piece of shit, and now they are gonna be around longer because they've appeased people by firing this asshole.

Have you read anything before opening your fucking idiot mouth? Christoforo was a 3rd party company hired to do marketing. The controller company was started by a teacher that designed the controller to assist one of his physically handicapped students use gamepads.

Already knew you were a colossal douchebag. Thanks for making it abundantly clear to everyone else...again.

News Comments > On Sale
25. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2011, 17:55 Krovven

Dev wrote on Dec 31, 2011, 17:31:
Yes I agree, and you can't just hit the pause button, you have to hit the pause button, then the resume all button, which makes me think that valve didn't intend for anyone to even have the option to d/l while playing.

It's 2 extra clicks that literally takes 2 seconds. I guess you'd prefer it go back to not being able to download at all while in another game?

News Comments > On Sale
18. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2011, 16:57 Krovven

Sepharo wrote on Dec 31, 2011, 16:35:
Krovven wrote on Dec 31, 2011, 15:24:
Prez wrote on Dec 31, 2011, 15:14:
DangerDog wrote on Dec 31, 2011, 15:08:
Wish Rockstar would have ported Red Dead Redemption instead.

So does just about everyone but I'll take LA Noire. Just bought it for 12.50. RDR I'd buy at full price if the port didn't suck the balls off a yak.

LA Noire bored the crap out of me. There is a method to talking to people. Once you have figured that out and looking for clues (waiting for controller to vibrate) gets old really really fast.

Sold/traded it (PS3) in after 5 or so hours of gameplay.

I turned off all the vibrations and dings. Still a very formulaic game and I understand if anyone is bored by it but I've heard the complaint about "vibration" etc. one too many times.

Their mechanics, and it's on by default. Regardless the end result is the same, with or without the vibration. You walk up to random objects, twist and turn them until the clue is discovered. Rinse & Repeat. Waiting for the vibration is just the same as having a visual or audible cue.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake Dec 31, 2011, 16:28 Krovven

space captain wrote on Dec 31, 2011, 16:17:
yeh, we definately need to hear who is "wrong".. because its super important to be "right"

In this case, yea it actually is.

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2011, 16:14 Krovven

Load game, alt-tab, Resume download, alt-tab back to game.

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2011, 15:48 Krovven

I got it yesterday with the DoDs achievement. At least it's better than the last free game I got which was CSS. And yay now I even have 2 Valve coupons...

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: in his name Dec 31, 2011, 15:43 Krovven

I rarely agree with or like anything Owen Good writes on Kotaku. The first half of his article is factually correct from what I read. But as soon as he gets into pointing fingers, he is just flat out wrong.

Owen even suggesting that the customer is at fault here is ludicrous and he should be slapped upside the head by Brian Cresente for posting that article.

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2011, 15:24 Krovven

Prez wrote on Dec 31, 2011, 15:14:
DangerDog wrote on Dec 31, 2011, 15:08:
Wish Rockstar would have ported Red Dead Redemption instead.

So does just about everyone but I'll take LA Noire. Just bought it for 12.50. RDR I'd buy at full price if the port didn't suck the balls off a yak.

LA Noire bored the crap out of me. There is a method to talking to people. Once you have figured that out and looking for clues (waiting for controller to vibrate) gets old really really fast.

Sold/traded it (PS3) in after 5 or so hours of gameplay.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2011, 15:21 Krovven

Anyone interested in IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover for something of about equal value from my Wishlist?

News Comments > Game Reviews
26. Re: Game Reviews Dec 30, 2011, 21:25 Krovven

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 17:25:
Krovven wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 14:14:
A buddy of mine...rarely works...lives at home...has 829 hours in New Vegas and he only got the game during the Quakecon bundle sale on Steam (so August?).

I can't imagine spending that much time playing 1 game in such a short span. It's possible I did back when I played EQ, but not anymore.

I would think in 4 months that would be a TON of idle time where the counter is running and leaving the game open. That is at a pace of 80 hours a week.....

Nope it's him playing. I'm sure is some idle time, just like there is with most people and any game. But he has played several times through, with and without DLC. It's nuts, and yes I've seen him play for 8-12+ hours at a time.

News Comments > Game Reviews
14. Re: Game Reviews Dec 30, 2011, 14:14 Krovven

A buddy of mine...rarely works...lives at home...has 829 hours in New Vegas and he only got the game during the Quakecon bundle sale on Steam (so August?).

I can't imagine spending that much time playing 1 game in such a short span. It's possible I did back when I played EQ, but not anymore.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: 5 Video Games With the Worst Bugs of 2011 Dec 30, 2011, 13:50 Krovven

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 13:46:
Or Stronghold 3

Also.. skyrim? really?

Did you read the bug, or just the title that said "Skyrim"? It's a very serious bug that can corrupt the PS3 system files. /shoot fanboy

News Comments > Consolidation
4. Re: Consolidation Dec 29, 2011, 16:21 Krovven

The first two saw PC releases.

News Comments > Bethesda & Interplay Fallout Settlement Nears?
22. Re: Bethesda & Interplay Fallout Settlement Nears? Dec 29, 2011, 15:48 Krovven

Dev wrote on Dec 29, 2011, 15:37:
No, he was the one that drove the company into the ground in the first place. He's sticking around to milk every last dollar from its corpse.

Interplay went public, with shares sold on the NASDAQ Stock Exchange, in 1998, changing its name to "Interplay Entertainment Corp." The company then reported several years of losses, as titles such as Descent 3 and FreeSpace 2 had lackluster sales[citation needed], despite being critically acclaimed.

In 2001, French publisher Titus Interactive completed its acquisition of majority control of Interplay. Immediately afterwards, they shed most of its publisher functions and signed a long-term agreement by which Vivendi Universal would publish Interplay's games. Founder Brian Fargo eventually departed as Titus had changed Interplay's main focus from PC Gaming to Console Gaming.[7] However, Titus went through financial and legal difficulties, culminating in a close of business in 2005 after unsuccessfully trying to sell Interplay. Titus left many of its employees, both local and the international wholly owned developers, without redundancy or owed back-pay, and left creditors with large debts.

Note: As I already said, Interplay was done when it was "taken over" in 2002. They didn't have money to continue operations when Titus took over.

Im not going to keep arguing this as people have been arguing with me about it for 2+ years every time there is a story about this. Courts keep ruling in favor of Interplay, not Bethesda. I know Im in the minority when it comes to disliking Bethesda and their games, so nothing new there.

16. Re: Bethesda & Interplay Fallout Settlement Nears? Dec 29, 2011, 14:25 Krovven

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Dec 29, 2011, 12:57:
[Umm...you're wrong there. Brian Fargo was the guy who started Interplay and built it up to what it was. The Caen brothers took control much later (this was also easy to find by searching, though Interplay was already struggling a bit before then) and basically ran the company into the ground, along with Titus.

I stand corrected on Caen bros. being around during Interplays heyday. But to correct you, they had nothing to do with the downfall of Interplay. That had already happened which was why the company was sold to begin with, under Fargo's reign. Titus just put the nail in the coffin. Caen's have been trying to save the company and rebuild, which as I said before I have a ton of respect for.

6. Re: Bethesda & Interplay Fallout Settlement Nears? Dec 29, 2011, 12:45 Krovven

wtf_man wrote on Dec 29, 2011, 12:31:
Not sure where you are getting that, Krovven.

I stopped reading after that sentence. A simple google search or even just searching on Blues will get you the history on what's going on. Here I pulled one at random for you.

http://gametheoryonline.com/2011/01/24/fallout-mmo-interplay-bethesda/

Bethesda could lose the Fallout IP (after 1 more game) due to breach of contract with Interplay. It's out there, it's fact, it's readily accessible.

They had a deadline to get it into development, which it is in development and has been proven in the courts, they are well beyond that now, which is why Interplay is counter suing for breach of contract. Bethesda then attacked them with the Fallout Trilogy packaging name, even though that was being used before the deal with Bethesda was ever made, note that part has now been thrown out.

Bethesda is trying to settle out of court now so they don't lose the Fallout IP due to their bullying. End of story.

This comment was edited on Dec 29, 2011, 12:54.

5. Re: Bethesda & Interplay Fallout Settlement Nears? Dec 29, 2011, 12:39 Krovven

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Dec 29, 2011, 12:19:
From what I've read, you may very well be right. It's just a shame that the victors in this will be the scumbag Caen brothers who drove Interplay into the ground, shafting their investors and employees in the process. There are few less deserving of continuing to draw a salary than they are.

The company may have fallen from it's once great status. Those are the guys that also got it there in the first place. I have huge respect for them for not folding up, selling off everything and walking away with what was left over. Instead they have been trying to rebuild the company from basically nothing, and Bethesda has been trying to bully them and force them to waste money on frivolous lawsuits.

Bethesda may get lots of respect from the masses, but I've never really been a fan of their games, so I can look at this in a more objective light. Bethesda was trying to steal back the Fallout MMO rights by being a bully and I'm just not cool with that. Any other company should think twice about getting into any sort of deal with them if this is the kind of business they run.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Dec 29, 2011, 12:13 Krovven

PHJF wrote on Dec 29, 2011, 12:04:

Sphinx has a decent list, although I wouldn't have TF2 in there at all....it has been out for a few years, and recently just went F2P.

And yet it's still the best non-competitive shooter out there. Imagine that.

But it wasnt released this year, thus should not qualify for GoTY. Titanic 3D comes out this year...I suppose it should be eligible for awards again?

2. Re: Bethesda & Interplay Fallout Settlement Nears? Dec 29, 2011, 12:11 Krovven

No matter how much you want to trash Interplay, they've been in the right almost every step of the way in these proceedings, and I've been saying so since the beginning. Bethesda was trying to bully them to take control of what was never rightfully theirs and has been turned down by the courts consistently. Bethesda broke the terms of the contract by suing and harassing Interplay and should lose the game/IP rights, reverting them back to Interplay.

6885 Comments. 345 pages. Viewing page 51.
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo