Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6811 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

News Comments > Dead Island Bloodbath DLC Released
10. Re: Dead Island Bloodbath DLC Released Nov 23, 2011, 15:30 Krovven

nin wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 14:59:
Snabel wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 14:41:
Krovven wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 13:18:
As for bugs, I havent played it in awhile, but it was very stable and I finished the game after the first patch on PC. There is plenty I would change and a few annoying bugs here and there, but nothing showstopping.

Not a single issue was solved for me with any patches. It's still just as terrible with impossible mouse control, sound issues that break my ears and a game that randomly crashes and a multiplayer that goes out of sync constantly.

I wouldn't quite call it bug free.

Sounds like your computer.

Yea most of that sounds like issues with your comp. The mouse control between in-game and menu can be fixed using the Dead Island Helper, but they fixed this specifically in one of the patches.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dead Island Bloodbath DLC Released
5. Re: Dead Island Bloodbath DLC Released Nov 23, 2011, 13:18 Krovven

budrojr wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 12:28:
Considering that this content is actually ON THE DISC, I think it's pretty sick they are charging ten bucks for the "DLC." The DLC was one of those 160k unlock keys.

On PC, it was a 1.1 gig download.

On console it's entirely plausible that the arena environment artwork itself was on the console discs. That would make complete sense, as developers are limited in the size of patches they can release on the 360 Live. So they get the artwork done and on the retail disc and then write the code for Arena functionality later. It's smart business sense. End of story.

Arena was advertised as a per-order bonus. To give it free to everyone would be a kick in the face to the people that did pre-order and supported them out of the gate.

As for bugs, I havent played it in awhile, but it was very stable and I finished the game after the first patch on PC. There is plenty I would change and a few annoying bugs here and there, but nothing showstopping.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patched
25. Re: Battlefield 3 Patched Nov 22, 2011, 20:30 Krovven

TangledThorns wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 16:54:
I just played and yes, the stutter is there. Has to be a memory leak that has yet to be fixed.

The stutter was fixed for me with AMD 11.10 final drivers, and returned with 11.11. I'm hoping the 11.11a drivers fixed it, haven't checked yet though.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham City for PC
29. Re: Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham City for PC Nov 22, 2011, 20:19 Krovven

wrlwnd wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 19:35:
Uh, if you don't have a DX11 card, then how do you know DX11 isn't busted?

You said the game was "utterly busted" in reply to someone asking if it was a driver issue. You specifically stated it was so bad you were forgetting about it until there was a patch. Fact is you don't know what the problem is, havent stated any problems beyond Dx11/SLi and clearly don't want to contribute to elaborating on the problems. If you aren't even willing to play the game outside DX11/SLi, then that's your problem and nobody should bother even trying to help you.

The game runs and plays just perfectly if not in DX11. You want an utterly busted game at launch, try RAGE, which was completely unplayable for 3 weeks and I had put 6+ hrs of gametime (nevermind real-time) into just trying to get it run with different drivers and settings.

If a game doesn't work with DX11 mode or SLi/Crossfire, does not make the game unplayable. The game runs ABSOLUTELY FINE if you do not use DX11 or SLi. To add to that, some people found the AMD 11.11a drivers solved the problems for them. Has nVidia released updated drivers for AC yet? If not, go cry to them.

So why do you have such a problem with someone stating (correcting your dumb ass) where the problems actually are, instead of the blanket false comments that the game is 'a bad console port' or is 'utterly broken'?

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 2011, 20:34.

22. Re: Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham City for PC Nov 22, 2011, 19:21 Krovven

Matshock wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 18:13:
Kosumo wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 17:28:
Is the 'broken and buggy' only on ati card or nividia too?

Sound to me just as likely to be graphic card driver problems?

Utterly, utterly busted.

Having DX11 drivers that aren't shit would help but not solve all of B:AC's problems.

I'm hanging it up until a good patch- back to BF3.

Uhh no it's not totally and utterly busted. I dont have a Dx11 card, nor do I have Crossfire. Game plays absolutely fine, one of the few that have released for PC this season and I've had zero problems with.

Seems Crossfire and SLi support have been a huge problem in the last few months for both nVidia and AMD, with AMD having even greater issues with their drivers on top of that.

So far most of the people in this thread are the usual suspects just bitching about what they have read elsewhere and haven't even played the game. Overon being the most obvious, first post with childish blanket insult and now asking if it's another lazy port.

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham City for PC Nov 22, 2011, 15:31 Krovven

wrlwnd wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 15:29:
Overon wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 14:28:
Only fools or people who are very patient buy games at launch.

I'm very patient, which is why I don't buy games at launch.

I agree about the fools part.

I consider the fools to be the assholes that come on the forums and insult other gamers for the games they play and when they buy them.

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham City for PC Nov 22, 2011, 15:30 Krovven

Overon wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 14:28:
Only fools or people who are very patient buy games at launch.

Certain tech features may be broken, but the game plays fine. I played for an hour last night without a single issue.

News Comments > AMD/ATI Catalyst 11.11a Performance Drivers
6. Re: AMD/ATI Catalyst 11.11a Performance Drivers Nov 22, 2011, 02:05 Krovven

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 01:59:
What the hell? Batman AC is out for PC already, or...?

Was released on Steam 2 hours before your post.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 21, 2011, 01:03 Krovven

the_culture wrote on Nov 20, 2011, 23:34:
I know; I'm constantly getting sidetracked on the way to my next mission. I have an unhealthy compulsion to investigate every single cave!

That's the part I enjoy about the game. I hate going into a city and having to go around talking to everyone, it takes so long. I prefer just to bounce from location to location doing sidequests along the way.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta "Imminent"
15. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta Nov 20, 2011, 13:06 Krovven

bhcompy wrote on Nov 19, 2011, 22:12:
The only skills CS are about these days are AWP and DE whoring.

I've been hearing no skill whiners saying that since Beta 3. Must have been yo.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Nov 17, 2011, 16:28 Krovven

Most "innovation" these days with video games is based around the use of crappy peripherals.

News Comments > Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway
36. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 16:15 Krovven

Beamer wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 16:09:
Meet a girl in a bar? Before she calls you back she's going to google you.

Personally I think everyone that feels to need to Facebook stalk someone rather than just get to know them as human beings, are the weird and maladjusted ones.

Inside of 5 years people don't know how to get to know other human beings. Instead they judge them by what is on social media and shop for their friends and lovers like it's Sears catalog. That's fucked up. People that think this is "ok" are the ones that have the mental problems, not the other way around.

News Comments > Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway
35. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 16:09 Krovven

Beamer wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 13:22:
For one, having a Facebook account is normal now. It's a sign of a decently adjusted social person. Not having one sends off alarms of Unabomber.

That is quite possibly the most ridiculously stupid and ignorant thing you or anyone else on these forums.

Why don't you just throw in there 'everyone that wears a turban or isn't white is a terrorist' for good measure?

Unbelievably fucking stupid thing to say.

News Comments > New ATI Catalyst Drivers
12. Re: New ATI Catalyst Drivers Nov 15, 2011, 15:49 Krovven

TangledThorns wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 14:14:
Here is their release notes. No mention of BF3 sadly.

Driver for the release of BF3 has already come out, those changes should have been rolled into 11.11.

And Skyrim runs perfectly fine for me with the 11.10 final drivers. Have to get my $60 back from Bethesda somehow.

News Comments > New ATI Catalyst Drivers
11. Re: New ATI Catalyst Drivers Nov 15, 2011, 15:48 Krovven

skyguy wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 13:40:
Do these drivers work with Rage? Only 11.10 beta 3 (but not 11.10 final) worked with Rage for me.

It's strange, because the 11.10 final drivers fixed all my Rage problems, but the game stopped loading altogether for me. I'm using a 4970 and my friends is newer, not sure which card.

I just talked to him and he said these 11.11 drivers didnt solve the problem for him either. Bethesda Support has not helped with the problem at all, blaming it entirely on AMD drivers.

id software fucked up bigtime with the release of Rage. We havent even been able to play coop together, yet we can start a car combat multiplayer game no problem (when he was using older drivers). I have barely been able to play the game myself as I couldnt play at all until 11.10 Final drivers and better, actual working games have since come out, making Rage thus far a massive waste of $60 and they declined refunds the week of release even though the game was unplayable for most.

News Comments > Jurassic Jeep and Chaos Theory
3. Re: Jurassic Jeep and Chaos Theory Nov 14, 2011, 23:58 Krovven

SirKnight wrote on Nov 14, 2011, 22:50:
Wow, that's pretty shitty of Telltale to not man-up and take responsibility of their mistreatment of someone else's things.

Did you read the whole thing? Cus I'm guessing no.

News Comments > BF3 Tactical Light to be Toned Down
17. Re: BF3 Tactical Light to be Toned Down Nov 14, 2011, 23:57 Krovven

necrosis wrote on Nov 14, 2011, 22:40:
Because there is no way in hell a flashlight should screw your vision up that much any further than 2 feet away.

The irony is, the light that it gives off when you use it is really pathetic and in no way in relation to the new effect let alone the current one.

I'm glad they are fixing it. It needs to be changed even more or removed entirely. But it does make the users of them very easy targets.

News Comments > GOG.com: "Your customers hate DRM"
12. Re: GOG.com: Nov 11, 2011, 13:23 Krovven

ElectricTurtle wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 10:46:
but if they convince others to drop DRM then they are creating competition for themselves. Right now they have almost a monopoly on DRM-free games

Which means nothing until they get new games (other than their own) on GoG. I've only bought 1 game from GoG, Witcher 2. I'm not interested in paying $3-6 for 15+ year old games I will never touch again.

And the reason they don't get new games on GoG, is because of their no-DRM stance.

News Comments > Steam Forum Downtime Follow-up; Steam Also Breached
65. Re: Gabe's ass is well covered by your head. Nov 11, 2011, 02:04 Krovven

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 23:01:
Regardless is he that wrong? People bitched up a storm about Sony,

Actually yes he is that wrong. Not only was his list of problems with Steam completely and utterly false and 5 years old, Valve has got several systems in place to help provide protection to the end users. The most notable being SteamGuard, another being that Steam, Steam Forums and Steam Support are all separate accounts. As others have already pointed out, the data was well secured.

Furthermore yes, for them or any company to rush to make a statement without any investigation is amateurish. And yes rushing and making incorrect statements can be more damaging, particularly if you understate the problem only for it to turn out to be far worse. The same applied to Sony. However in both of these cases, we did know about the breaches within 48 hours, the companies just did not issue immediate statements.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again. No system is 100% secure. Nothing is secure, not your home, not your car, not your workplace, not the internet, not your banks, nothing. The sooner everyone figures that out, the sooner they will stop making ridiculously stupid comments like some of the ones made here and during the Sony incident.

The primary difference here is as already mentioned, Valve has several public security measures in place (ie: SteamGuard), while most
companies do not even provide that.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2011, 02:12.

6811 Comments. 341 pages. Viewing page 51.
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo