Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6802 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 21, 2011, 01:03 Krovven

the_culture wrote on Nov 20, 2011, 23:34:
I know; I'm constantly getting sidetracked on the way to my next mission. I have an unhealthy compulsion to investigate every single cave!

That's the part I enjoy about the game. I hate going into a city and having to go around talking to everyone, it takes so long. I prefer just to bounce from location to location doing sidequests along the way.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta "Imminent"
15. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta Nov 20, 2011, 13:06 Krovven

bhcompy wrote on Nov 19, 2011, 22:12:
The only skills CS are about these days are AWP and DE whoring.

I've been hearing no skill whiners saying that since Beta 3. Must have been yo.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Nov 17, 2011, 16:28 Krovven

Most "innovation" these days with video games is based around the use of crappy peripherals.

News Comments > Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway
36. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 16:15 Krovven

Beamer wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 16:09:
Meet a girl in a bar? Before she calls you back she's going to google you.

Personally I think everyone that feels to need to Facebook stalk someone rather than just get to know them as human beings, are the weird and maladjusted ones.

Inside of 5 years people don't know how to get to know other human beings. Instead they judge them by what is on social media and shop for their friends and lovers like it's Sears catalog. That's fucked up. People that think this is "ok" are the ones that have the mental problems, not the other way around.

News Comments > Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway
35. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 16:09 Krovven

Beamer wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 13:22:
For one, having a Facebook account is normal now. It's a sign of a decently adjusted social person. Not having one sends off alarms of Unabomber.

That is quite possibly the most ridiculously stupid and ignorant thing you or anyone else on these forums.

Why don't you just throw in there 'everyone that wears a turban or isn't white is a terrorist' for good measure?

Unbelievably fucking stupid thing to say.

News Comments > New ATI Catalyst Drivers
12. Re: New ATI Catalyst Drivers Nov 15, 2011, 15:49 Krovven

TangledThorns wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 14:14:
Here is their release notes. No mention of BF3 sadly.

Driver for the release of BF3 has already come out, those changes should have been rolled into 11.11.

And Skyrim runs perfectly fine for me with the 11.10 final drivers. Have to get my $60 back from Bethesda somehow.

News Comments > New ATI Catalyst Drivers
11. Re: New ATI Catalyst Drivers Nov 15, 2011, 15:48 Krovven

skyguy wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 13:40:
Do these drivers work with Rage? Only 11.10 beta 3 (but not 11.10 final) worked with Rage for me.

It's strange, because the 11.10 final drivers fixed all my Rage problems, but the game stopped loading altogether for me. I'm using a 4970 and my friends is newer, not sure which card.

I just talked to him and he said these 11.11 drivers didnt solve the problem for him either. Bethesda Support has not helped with the problem at all, blaming it entirely on AMD drivers.

id software fucked up bigtime with the release of Rage. We havent even been able to play coop together, yet we can start a car combat multiplayer game no problem (when he was using older drivers). I have barely been able to play the game myself as I couldnt play at all until 11.10 Final drivers and better, actual working games have since come out, making Rage thus far a massive waste of $60 and they declined refunds the week of release even though the game was unplayable for most.

News Comments > Jurassic Jeep and Chaos Theory
3. Re: Jurassic Jeep and Chaos Theory Nov 14, 2011, 23:58 Krovven

SirKnight wrote on Nov 14, 2011, 22:50:
Wow, that's pretty shitty of Telltale to not man-up and take responsibility of their mistreatment of someone else's things.

Did you read the whole thing? Cus I'm guessing no.

News Comments > BF3 Tactical Light to be Toned Down
17. Re: BF3 Tactical Light to be Toned Down Nov 14, 2011, 23:57 Krovven

necrosis wrote on Nov 14, 2011, 22:40:
Because there is no way in hell a flashlight should screw your vision up that much any further than 2 feet away.

The irony is, the light that it gives off when you use it is really pathetic and in no way in relation to the new effect let alone the current one.

I'm glad they are fixing it. It needs to be changed even more or removed entirely. But it does make the users of them very easy targets.

News Comments > GOG.com: "Your customers hate DRM"
12. Re: GOG.com: Nov 11, 2011, 13:23 Krovven

ElectricTurtle wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 10:46:
but if they convince others to drop DRM then they are creating competition for themselves. Right now they have almost a monopoly on DRM-free games

Which means nothing until they get new games (other than their own) on GoG. I've only bought 1 game from GoG, Witcher 2. I'm not interested in paying $3-6 for 15+ year old games I will never touch again.

And the reason they don't get new games on GoG, is because of their no-DRM stance.

News Comments > Steam Forum Downtime Follow-up; Steam Also Breached
65. Re: Gabe's ass is well covered by your head. Nov 11, 2011, 02:04 Krovven

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 23:01:
Regardless is he that wrong? People bitched up a storm about Sony,

Actually yes he is that wrong. Not only was his list of problems with Steam completely and utterly false and 5 years old, Valve has got several systems in place to help provide protection to the end users. The most notable being SteamGuard, another being that Steam, Steam Forums and Steam Support are all separate accounts. As others have already pointed out, the data was well secured.

Furthermore yes, for them or any company to rush to make a statement without any investigation is amateurish. And yes rushing and making incorrect statements can be more damaging, particularly if you understate the problem only for it to turn out to be far worse. The same applied to Sony. However in both of these cases, we did know about the breaches within 48 hours, the companies just did not issue immediate statements.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again. No system is 100% secure. Nothing is secure, not your home, not your car, not your workplace, not the internet, not your banks, nothing. The sooner everyone figures that out, the sooner they will stop making ridiculously stupid comments like some of the ones made here and during the Sony incident.

The primary difference here is as already mentioned, Valve has several public security measures in place (ie: SteamGuard), while most
companies do not even provide that.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2011, 02:12.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
7. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 5, 2011, 19:24 Krovven

shponglefan wrote on Nov 5, 2011, 18:38:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 5, 2011, 17:46:
So Steve dies and they open the books on the place? geez. There is no reason why any of them need that money. Ridiculous.

They didn't get any money. Read the article!

You miss the point entirely. Whether it was stock options or cash money, the Execs get huge bonuses and everyone else got how much exactly?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation</p> <ul> <li><a href= Nov 4, 2011, 15:40 Krovven

Icewind wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 14:49:

Actually, graphically it looks worse than UC2.

I have a 37 inch 1080p Vizio and play UC2 on it quite a bit, yet when a friend of mine came over to see what it (UC3) looked like on my TV it didn't look any better to me. Even UC1 looked better. Maybe it's the sandy environments, but it looks so drab and lifeless.

Graphically worse? Lifeless? Sounds like you saw the area of the game where he is walking across the desert. Newsflash...deserts are lifeless. I haven't gotten to that part of the game yet, I'm on Chapter 12 of 22, but there are many locations with very different art directions. I haven't seen a single area that has made me think "Uncharted 2 was better". The market streets of Yemen were amazing to look at, just to give a single example. Everytime I walk into a new area I just look around and marvel and the detail in the environments. U3 has also seemed to have dealt with broken seams that plagued Uncharted 2 making it often look like there was a treasure where there wasn't.

Uncharted 3 is the best looking console game to date, with Uncharted 2 being a close 2nd.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Improvements
8. Re: Battlefield 3 Improvements Nov 3, 2011, 21:58 Krovven

|oR|jonvall wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 21:04:
I tried to bind my R mouse button to "run" in the beta but it wouldn't work.

Have they fixed the mouse and keyboard binding issues?

Yes this is fixed jonvall. I have no clue what DangerDog is on about.

I use Right-Mouse button to move forward as well, and all my controls work perfectly, including Joystick. The only exception being Q is hardcoded to Spot/Communication, but can still be bound to other things. ie: I have Q bound to reload, it just also reloads when I spot, and vice versa.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Hacked to Work Without Origin?
33. Re: Battlefield 3 Hacked to Work Without Origin? Nov 2, 2011, 19:43 Krovven

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 18:30:
The Origin friends list doesn't do anything for BF3.

You can import BF3 owners on your Origin friends list to Battlelog.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Status Report
13. Re: Battlefield 3 Status Report Nov 1, 2011, 02:35 Krovven

As I've said in other threads, BF3 is great. It really is their best Battlefield game to date. I quite like Battlelog, but hate Origin.

There are tons of problems to be worked out. Things like sound cutting out, game failing to load, crashing on load, crashing on map change, etc. The game is in dire need of voice comms in-game, at the very least for squad (that aren't friends you joined with). Somebody didn't do the math on the number of squads needed for 64 players. Change Q from being hard coded to Spot, can join coop games with some people but not others. The list is very long.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 31, 2011, 12:00 Krovven

The stats mean fuck all in a comparison of whether BF3 pulled people off Steam. You can still have Steam running while Origin/BF3 are running so there is zero way to accurately gauge any change based on that.

Doesn't matter anyways. BF3 is a great game. Buggy as hell for a lot of people right now, but still a great game.

News Comments > Blizzard's BlizzCon Apology
67. Re: Blizzard's BlizzCon Apology Oct 28, 2011, 18:48 Krovven

Beamer wrote on Oct 28, 2011, 17:59:
they're saying you shouldn't say whatever you want.

So...just throw free speech right out the window then?

News Comments > Origin Adds Publishers
16. Re: Origin Adds Publishers Oct 28, 2011, 02:26 Krovven

ME2 and BC2 both have been $5 on Steam. $16 is a great deal for Crysis 2...too bad its no longer on Steam.

Origin is a piece of shit. I could easily come up with a few dozen things that don't work right, UI that doesn't make sense, and other various issues.

Like how they hide "Load with Windows Startup" down below the main screen area in the options and you have to scroll down to find it. They used to have it at the top. And my favorite is that every time they patch Origin, it turns that setting back on. Assholes.

Or how about Alphas and Betas that are over, yet they still show up in my games list.

Or how about when I did a "Repair Install" on BF3 trying to resolve a technical problem, and it corrupted my installation of BF3 forcing to me to redownload and install 12gigs.

Why does it have to download the games and then install? Why can't it deliver the game installed and ready to play when the download finishes?

Why are they making people manually update Punkbuster? I thought the whole point of digital distribution was to be able to push content and updates easier?

Of course the already mentioned download resuming issue.

The list goes on and on and on and on.

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2011, 02:48.

News Comments > Origin Adds Publishers
1. Re: Origin Adds Publishers Oct 27, 2011, 21:05 Krovven

Warner Bros. and Capcom I understand...THQ I didn't expect.

I still think it will be a cold day in hell that Activision games show up on Origin.

6802 Comments. 341 pages. Viewing page 51.
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo