Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6834 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

News Comments > MW3 Beats Avatar to $1B
55. Re: MW3 Beats Avatar to $1B Dec 13, 2011, 14:37 Krovven

Beamer wrote on Dec 13, 2011, 10:03:
Or am I just your standard for "dense?"

Now you are catching on.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Old Republic Early Access Begins
23. Re: The Old Republic Early Access Begins Dec 13, 2011, 13:12 Krovven

I've had zero interest in this, which for me is a good thing. Too busy and too many other things worth playing. I even had an invite to the beta and never got around to trying it.

Maybe in a year...

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Goes Back to Karkand
22. Re: Battlefield 3 Goes Back to Karkand Dec 13, 2011, 13:11 Krovven

Rossafur wrote on Dec 13, 2011, 13:05:
Matshock wrote on Dec 13, 2011, 12:42:
Gah! Authentication servers are down. Just like the fist days of Steam...

But once it's updated- DIRKA DIRKA!

Ah good, so it's *not* just me not being able to login.

Note the Old Republic news story about early access starting today as well...very poorly planned EA.

News Comments > Argh, No Half-Life 3 ARG
27. Re: Argh, No Half-Life 3 ARG Dec 13, 2011, 12:27 Krovven

Dev wrote on Dec 13, 2011, 02:32:
People who think that valve IS working on it are operating on personal belief too.

Difference is, there are some key hints (from Valve) out there that the HL3 announcement is coming. You are just taking quotes from an interviews (8+ months old) about Valves business practices and somehow attributing that to them not even working on HL3 at all.

Games as a service != Half-Life 3 not in development.

22. Re: Argh, No Half-Life 3 ARG Dec 13, 2011, 02:19 Krovven

Dev wrote on Dec 13, 2011, 01:28:
Actually what they said was:
Gabe Newell told Develop that the episodic development philosophy has been replaced wholesale by the ‘games as a service’ model.
And that they are "building games under a single philosophy"
[emphasis added]

What they say though is that within that one philosophy, they vary the frequency of the updates which is why they have fast TF2 updates and not so fast updates on other products.

They also claim that L4D is close to TF2 in support which is far from the truth (even if he meant L4D series and really meant L4D2 its not close).

All of which is entirely irrelevant to whether HL3 is being worked on and if they are actually actually ramping up marketing for a HL3 announcement. Too bad you skipped over the point of everything I said earlier.

This comment was edited on Dec 13, 2011, 02:25.

17. Re: Argh, No Half-Life 3 ARG Dec 13, 2011, 01:24 Krovven

Jerykk wrote on Dec 13, 2011, 01:07:
Portal 3 coming in 2012. I'm callin' it now.

Based on the video alone (ignoring t-shirt), it could very well be. I really hope not though.

I finished Portal 2 coop, halfway through single player in the first week of release and havent touched it since. It's a great game, but every time I load it, I just dont get into it.

16. Re: Argh, No Half-Life 3 ARG Dec 13, 2011, 01:22 Krovven

Dev wrote on Dec 13, 2011, 01:07:
Yes but did you read it? It said they are going SHORTER than episodic, and want to do games as a service, with continual updates such as TF2 (which is now F2P).

They still have base games, TF2, DOTA, etc. They have been saying "games as a service" for years and practicing it since Half-Life 2 with all of their titles. They have done different things and havent stuck to one method across the board for development, which they also touched on in the article, so way to cherry-pick and quote out of context. Still has absolutely nothing to do with whether HL3 announcement is coming or not.

Dev I'll play coop or whatever with you anytime, but the crap you've been spewing about Valve since they announced L4D2 is very tiresome and mostly wrong. You've actually made it so I don't read your posts about anything related to Valve or Steam anymore, and I know others have said the same thing here. You feel burned by L4D not getting the support TF2 has. You've become obsessive and irrational. Get over it, move on and grow up.

You are so blinded by it you completely fail to see the obvious and try and argue the "conspiracy" angle. Not interested.

46. Re: MW3 Beats Avatar to $1B Dec 13, 2011, 00:11 Krovven

Ventura wrote on Dec 13, 2011, 00:00:
Krovven wrote on Dec 12, 2011, 21:59:
They literally are all the same.

As opposed to the Battlefield franchise?

If you think 1942, BFV, 2142, BF2 and BF3 all play the same, you are about as dense as Beamer.

8. Re: Argh, No Half-Life 3 ARG Dec 12, 2011, 22:57 Krovven

"We are not running an arg."

Does not mean they aren't beginning the viral marketing leading up to the HL3 announcement. First the T-Shirt last week, still possibly fake, but let's say it's not. Then the video. Announcement is coming.

As for "Episode 3", Gabe said a long time ago that Episodic content didn't work out as they had hoped. I could have posted this a few days ago, but it was more fun watching people talk out their ass and acting like they know things.

Newell-Weve-moved-beyond-the-episodic-model

44. Re: MW3 Beats Avatar to $1B Dec 12, 2011, 21:59 Krovven

Ventura wrote on Dec 12, 2011, 18:18:

Has anyone here who has criticised MW3 (even if just by saying it's not a good game) actually played it?

I have played it a little bit. As with any CoD game I'll eventually get it at a discount and will never pay $15 for the DLC, particularly the reselling of the same maps. People blasted Valve for remaking the same maps as DLC with CSS and TF2. Difference is with Valve they were free, with Activision you get milked for every cent.

Point being, I've owned all of the CoD's except 3 which was console only, and MW2 which I downloaded first and it was crap. World At War being the last one I'll ever pay full price for. Black Ops was pretty good, but still more of the same rehash as all the others before it.

People can legitimately have severe issues with the CoD series and gameplay, whether they've played the first or the last. They literally are all the same.

29. Re: MW3 Beats Avatar to $1B Dec 12, 2011, 15:56 Krovven

Beamer wrote on Dec 12, 2011, 13:56:
No way is any DICE game better than MW3. Which isn't saying so much about MW3 as how bad DICE games are.

HAHAHAHAH. That's hilarious. 1942 is better than every CoD game and it's 10 yrs old. BF3 is amazing inside and out, but has it's share of issues just like every other game. MW3 is just more shit in a can force fed to the masses.

But that wasn't the point now was it, just your personal opinion. There have been plenty of games with web stats since UT. Only a sheep with the wool pulled over his eyes would be dumb enough to make the statement that something like Elite hasnt been done since UT. But I used Battlelog for BF3 as the only example as it released 2 weeks before MW3 and has functioned, for FREE, since launch day (and beta before it). The same can't be said of Elite for PC.

Although way to take something from other posts and put it here. Don't you whine when people do that to you with Steam?

I stand by things I say, or admit when I'm wrong (something few others around here are capable of). You make ridiculous statements about people being terrorists if they aren't on Facebook and share their lives with the public, then instead of admitting you are wrong and it was a stupid comment you tried to back it up with even more asinine drivel.

You are one of the guys with outlandish views on Valve, aren't you?

Such as? Just about everything I've said about Steam has come true, not to mention it becoming the #1 digital distro service for games. If this equals "outlandish", so be it. Intelligence and foresight is often criticized harshly, truth and fact is my victory.

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 2011, 16:05.

19. Re: MW3 Beats Avatar to $1B Dec 12, 2011, 13:50 Krovven

Beamer wrote on Dec 12, 2011, 13:34:
Again, we haven't had something built into a game like this since UT.

Really? What bubble do you live in? Oh right... the Beamer bubble where if you aren't on Facebook you are a terrorist.

How about Battlelog, which is free and functional. Not to mention a far better game than MW3.

News Comments > Arkham City DLC Next Month
16. Re: removed Nov 29, 2011, 18:38 Krovven

Aww did I make Dades cry?

News Comments > Arkham City DLC Next Month
15. removed Nov 29, 2011, 16:22 Krovven

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 29, 2011, 16:43.

News Comments > On Sale
24. Re: PayDay Nov 27, 2011, 17:25 Krovven

nin wrote on Nov 27, 2011, 10:39:

I feared that, which is why I didn't pick it up.

Of course it's meant to be played multiplayer. That's like playing Left 4 Dead solo with bots. Why would you? It's a coop game from the ground up. Whining that it's no good solo is just retarded.

News Comments > On Sale
17. Re: Origin Sucks Nov 27, 2011, 17:22 Krovven

we are just told to wait and that the games will show up eventually.

Did you call them or just use the chat on the support page?

Call their support directly. When I didnt get get my preorder bonus for BF3 on Origin, I called them up and they had added DS2 to Origin for me in about 30secs.

News Comments > New Call of Juarez Hinted
7. Re: New Call of Juarez Hinted Nov 27, 2011, 17:16 Krovven

Cutter wrote on Nov 27, 2011, 16:49:
Talisorn wrote on Nov 27, 2011, 15:44:
How about a free roaming Western, kind of like the Elder Scrolls games ... that isn't done for consoles!

Um, Red Dead Redemption?

"... that isn't done for consoles! "

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2011, 14:36 Krovven

I'm guessing tomorrow will be the extension and encore sales (for Cyber Monday).

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 19:09 Krovven

Payday is fun. Chaotic. Non-stop shooting spree with objectives.

Hit me up on Steam. I've got an extra copy if you want to buy me something from my Wishlist.

News Comments > Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue
33. Re: Arkham City DirectX 11 Issue Nov 24, 2011, 18:02 Krovven

Yea I called him a dumbass, not an ass (2 very different meanings). I call my manager a dumbass every day. For the same reason I called that guy a dumbass, because he couldn't be bothered to figure out the obvious for himself, instead just whines about it.

But hey, that seems to be par for the course around here lately.

6834 Comments. 342 pages. Viewing page 51.
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo