Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 7454 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warships Open Beta
9. Re: World of Warships Open Beta Jul 2, 2015, 13:44 Krovven

Dacron wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 11:57:
Been enjoying this for the past few days, fairly pretty, decent sound and good gameplay. Terrible teammates can ruin your day, but overall it is very fun. Very satisfying to watch your initial salvo hit a fast moving target at 10kms.

Feels like a WoT grind... get tier 2-3 in several games, and slows down. But with the quality of teammates it is a good thing, that way they learn (or quit) and stop dragging you down (not that I'm good or anything) as players get better in higher tiers.

This. These games shouldn't be about getting to tier 10. The highest tier in WoT I have is tier 8 and I could buy a tier 9 today if I wanted, but I prefer the tier 5-8 games.

Warships is a lot of fun but won't appeal to everyone. I'm in no hurry to go up the trees. Having played up to tier 7 in beta, the tier 2 Sampson and tier 3 St Louis are two of my favorite ships.

These games need to be played because you like the gameplay, not because you want to race to tier 10.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve on Steam Scams
33. Re: Valve on Steam Scams Jul 1, 2015, 18:39 Krovven

Sepharo wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 23:45:

You're still missing the point, he was referring to the sustainability of repeatedly cheating in a game by abusing the refund system. The people who got refunds on Arkham weren't abusing the system.

I'm not missing the point at all, but you seem to be missing mine. Yes, what was specifically being discussed was cheating by repeatedly using refunds. As I've already stated, cheating this way is a symptom of another problem. A problem that is not going to go away. A problem that will be abused and will continually be tested and taken advantage of as long as it exists.

You can discuss the impact of the problem with relation to cheating all you like. That doesn't change that it's not the core of the problem.

How do you know they weren't abusing the system? If you looked on the forums, there were people admitting they were doing exactly that. Buy, bad review, refund, buy, bad review refund, etc. Assholes were testing the new system and abusing it any way they could. I'm not sure why you think this isn't the case.

You really think that all the refunds and bad reviews were all from legitimate people with legitimate complaints? That's just naive considering how long you've been around Steam and seen what people do to game the system any way they can, especially when it comes to new features. This isn't the first, nor the last game to get review bombed on Steam. Now people can just do it more than once. Again, there is no dispute on this...people posted that they were doing exactly this.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Bonus Cash & RP
2. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Bonus Cash & RP Jul 1, 2015, 18:20 Krovven

Rhett wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 17:20:
Yes, double money in what will soon be filled with cheaters trying to get lulz. How about double money for missions?

They've been doing this since the last-gen console launches too. They only ever seem to do 2x GTA$ on Playlists. It's like their way of getting people to try and play the other game modes that nobody really wants to play. Or they know few will do it, therefore less money is coming into the game.

Double RP is completely pointless to players like me that are over Rank 120. RP means nothing after 120 (Gat Gun unlock).

To my knowledge they haven't done another patch for PC since the one shortly after release. Rather disappointed by this. Beginning to think that they think things are good enough and have moved on.

News Comments > Kotaku Sources: WBIE Knew of Batman: Arkham Knight Problems
15. Re: Kotaku Sources: WBIE Knew of Batman: Arkham Knight Problems Jul 1, 2015, 15:30 Krovven

jdreyer wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 14:35:
Cutter wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 14:21:
The Half Elf wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 13:16:
Creston wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 12:55:
Well DUH.

Stop preordering shit.

Typically I would agree with you Creston, but WBIE and Rocksteady's track record was pretty damn good up till this point.

Rocksteady yes, WBIE no. While Ark City wasn't as bad as this, it was still plenty bad and that too was WBIE's fault. It still boggles the mind in this day and age that there are suits stupid enough to think that pushing a game out the door to save a few bucks on QA is going to save them money in the long run. Boggles...the...mind.

It's almost never the fault of not enough QA. QA finds the bugs are reports them, but the decision is made not to fix them before the launch. They either want to use the devs to add new features, or haven't hired enough devs to fix enough bugs in time and don't want to push the date.

This. I worked QA almost 20 years ago for EA. Not much has changed since then. Games still shipped even back then with hundreds if not thousands of known bugs. Developers frequently liked to blame debug code on the problems, which almost never turned out to be accurate.

However, we had our own in-house QA Tech department that did all their own hardware configuration testing...and they were damn good. No clue if they still have that though.

31. Re: Valve on Steam Scams Jun 30, 2015, 23:38 Krovven

Sepharo wrote on Jun 28, 2015, 15:28:
We were talking about the refund policy possibly increasing the amount/rate of cheaters in multiplayer games. You jumped in and disagreed with nothing to add other than essentially "you're wrong" and then said, "It's the main reason Arkham Knight was removed". Even if we disregard that the conversation was about using the grace period to cheat in games repeatedly, the main reason that Akrham Knight was removed wasn't people cycling refunds... it was people getting a refund plain and simple, and they got refunds because of technical issues they were having with the game or being dissatisfied with it within the first 2 weeks or first 2 hours of play.

Not sure what bug got in your bonnet with this. The only thing that I disagreed with is it not being sustainable. The people that will do it, will find a way and cited the Arkham situation as an example. Really not sure what you are arguing.

This comment was edited on Jul 1, 2015, 18:39.

News Comments > World of Warships Bundle Resolution
2. Re: World of Warships Bundle Resolution Jun 30, 2015, 20:46 Krovven

It really is dumbfounding how long it took them to make this right. But I am glad they did because I was beginning to think it was a lost cause.

The lag this week following the release of .4 has been brutal (only played briefly the first day due to this) and considering it was now permanently using people Premium time now the final wipe occurred...and they were doing a "load test" on the servers....like WTF? Wargaming is definitely not a consumer friendly company.
I've submitted a ticket about this (to get 5 days Premium back), but I don't expect anything to come of it.

I've got my preorder bundle, I've got my E3 bundle so I finally played today. The server has been mostly lag free (for me) and I'm already have many good games under my belt and a 6972% win rate to try and nurture as long as I can

This comment was edited on Jun 30, 2015, 21:16.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report
38. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report Jun 29, 2015, 23:16 Krovven

Rigs wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 20:45:
Krovven wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 20:28:
If you want something kept private, like your freakout over GTA being delayed and your intent to pirate it, or Rattleheads posturing over getting a refund and pirating...then don't announce it to the world on a public forum. Especially if it turns out you are just flat out lying.

Discussion of pirating software is not permitted on Blues News and you will be called on it, not just by me.

Your analogy is ridiculous. I wasn't looking at his private files.

Oh for fucks sake, Krovven, do I have to really spell it out for you? Really?

Don't announce it on a public forum. Fine. You just totally missed the whole other part about having a discussion NOT on a public forum, but on a PM on STEAM and then bringing that argument and what was said back over here, just like you did to whoever during our previous argument! How hard it that? You want to call people out on Blues for whatever, fine. My problem is bringing private discussions into a public space, usually as a shaming tactic. I don't think I can make that any more clear.

My analogy about my files wasn't about 'files', it was about it being private, on another totally unrelated part of the Internet and then bringing that knowledge back here to publicly call me out and/or shame me for it. Understand now?

=-Rigs-=

You you don't seem to understand some things. Rattlehead was never a friend. Just someone on Steam. Not sure when he even got added. Second, I wrote the first post about him below. He chose to message me on Steam rather than discuss what he already knew he was guilty of publicly. The discussion basically was him swearing at me and unfriending me. I don't care and owe him nothing.

This was never a private discussion. He made a public statement, I called him out publicly. He can respond here if he likes. Something tells me he won't, for the same reason he didn't in the first place and that's because he acted like a douche and got caught.

36. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report Jun 29, 2015, 20:28 Krovven

If you want something kept private, like your freakout over GTA being delayed and your intent to pirate it, or Rattleheads posturing over getting a refund and pirating...then don't announce it to the world on a public forum. Especially if it turns out you are just flat out lying.

Discussion of pirating software is not permitted on Blues News and you will be called on it, not just by me.

Your analogy is ridiculous. I wasn't looking at his private files.

This comment was edited on Jun 29, 2015, 20:35.

News Comments > Scrolls Closing
21. Re: Scrolls Closing Jun 29, 2015, 20:22 Krovven

Rigs wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 18:27:
Seems Notch's notorious MO for starting things and abandoning them has been rubbing off. I fear for Minecraft, I really truly do. They've done nothing but little meaningless stuff for many versions now. They put in bunnies, banners and mutton and the community loses their shit but God forbid they actually update the graphics engine and discontinue support for 10 year old video cards! Most of everything in the game worth playing around with has come from the massive mod community. The devs themselves should hang their heads in shame, especially 'Dinnerbone'. He messes with stuff, posts a screen of it on his Twitter and then we might see something like it five versions later.

As for Scrolls, I guess I better get to actually trying it before it's gone. I'm not surprised.

=-Rigs-=

Notch has nothing to do with Mojang anymore and washed his hands of it in 2014 when Microsoft took over.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Jun 29, 2015, 18:05 Krovven

Retired wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 16:14:
Started playing Batman AK for the PC today, and I don't have any of the issues others are/were having. Of course I am realistic about what I set everything to, but I played a couple hours with no issues. Luck?

My biggest issue is that people joining the Broadcast still crashes the game, even after the patch the other day. And the patch the other day, people shouldn't expect much out of it, it didn't change much.

33. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report Jun 29, 2015, 17:37 Krovven

Let's just make something clear here...I called Rattlehead out on his bullshit and he messaged me on Steam freaking out about it being none of my business.

If you make your statements about your own intentions or actions on Blues, it becomes the business of anyone that reads it. You open yourself up to criticism.

Rattlehead has been posting for a week about how the game runs like shit on his system and that he was going to be getting a refund (kinda sounded like he had already) and pirating the game. This is all things he stated on Blues for anyone to read. Turns out, he was still progressing through the game and anyone on his friends list could see that.

So he either he a) Didn't get a refund despite all his posturing about it, or b) Did pirate it and was dumb enough to give the pirated copy internet access. I called him on it.

Turns out he never paid for the game to begin with. He got it with his video card like many others did...and he thought he'd get a refund from Steam for something he never paid Steam for, never mind completely illogical. /facepalm

Does someone getting this free excuse Rocksteady or WB over the state of the game for some people? No. But it really does go to show the sheer stupidity of some folks.

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 20:58:
WB has just suspended all sales of the game. Just unbelievable. Of course they won't issue refunds, as they have our money.

I got a refund from Steam, and will pirate this game.

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 10:24:
...I got a refund on Steam...

This port is nearly unplayable...

So within the same day, you state that they won't issue refunds, twice you already got a refund, and once that you will pirate it. And you stated it was unplayable, yet you've still been progressing through the game.

Referring to the other thread on this topic...this is why I take the whiney bitches and their complaints with a massive grain of salt. There are rational complaints and behaviour and then there is irrational complaints and behaviour.

This comment was edited on Jun 29, 2015, 17:51.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Jun 29, 2015, 14:36 Krovven

Yea It says "the usual challenge maps". They are different this time around and not immediately available and I'm not sure if you can switch between characters. I Haven't looked that closely as I'm still progressing through the game and unlocking stuff.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jun 29, 2015, 14:15 Krovven

descender wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 13:57:
Am I reading between some lines correctly here... they removed the challenge maps from the new Batman?

I can't "not buy" this game any more than I already haven't but... damn.

Where did you read that? And no it's not true.

27. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report Jun 29, 2015, 14:01 Krovven

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 08:07:
Rigs wrote on Jun 28, 2015, 18:42:

=-Rigs-=

The studio is called Iron Galaxy, and they only developed Arkham Origins, which was released in a far more stable state than this garbage.

Also, you don't need to sign each post with your name and dashes and periods, it's already in the upper right hand corner.

So if you got a refund, why does your progress meter in-game continue to go up? Yes, I can see that. I know you said you were going to pirate it, but if a legit copy was unplayable, how exactly is it fine to play with a pirated copy? I think you are full of shit. If I can see your progress on a pirated copy, that means so can the WB an so can Steam.

18. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report Jun 28, 2015, 17:56 Krovven

Quinn wrote on Jun 28, 2015, 17:18:
Krovven wrote on Jun 28, 2015, 17:01:
Quinn wrote on Jun 28, 2015, 16:11:
HoSpanky wrote on Jun 28, 2015, 14:06:

This is very much a First World Problem, and I've realized that I must live a wonderful life if I even have the TIME to get mad about a game not working right.
Yeah

With that reasoning you shouldn't complain about anything anymore, ever, unless it has to so with famine, sickness or death.

Way to miss his sarcasm. Did you read passed "First World Problem"?

There's no sarcasm in it. We're all living in first world countries here, I think, so the entire comment is redundant. We'll basically always have it better than people in second or third world countries, doesn't mean we thus can't complain about stuff measured by our standards. When a grocery store is out of my favorite sandwich spread, I can get annoyed. The person next to me can then say "In africa people die because they don't have anything to eat!". Such a cliche. Again, with that logic first world ppl can't really complain about anything xP

It's not a big deal ofc, but I read no sarcasm in his comment.

You say it's not a big deal, but you are obviously taking it far too seriously. It's sarcasm. The entire context of that statement is sarcastic and always has been.

14. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report Jun 28, 2015, 17:01 Krovven

Quinn wrote on Jun 28, 2015, 16:11:

This is very much a First World Problem, and I've realized that I must live a wonderful life if I even have the TIME to get mad about a game not working right.

With that reasoning you shouldn't complain about anything anymore, ever, unless it has to so with famine, sickness or death.

Way to miss his sarcasm. Did you read passed "First World Problem"?

13. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report Jun 28, 2015, 17:00 Krovven

Playable Characters Mod (Free Roam)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXeJNHHv-qY

10. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Patched; Progress Report Jun 28, 2015, 16:10 Krovven

Overon, a lot of us got it as a pack-in with our video cards.

Or bought from g2a for dirt cheap. Honestly I wouldn't be asking for a refund anyways. Game runs well for me, mostly 60fps with dips to 30-35 when in the batmobile doing hard turns. Looking forward to it maybe running even better soon.

28. Re: Valve on Steam Scams Jun 28, 2015, 15:19 Krovven

Sepharo wrote on Jun 28, 2015, 00:33:
Krovven wrote on Jun 28, 2015, 00:08:
Satoru wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 20:38:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 00:51:
There is another certain "scam" going on, or perhaps a better way to label it is "gaming the system", but in many multiplayer games, the steam refunds policy is biting players in the ass right now, with cheaters purchasing games for almost exactly 1 hour and fifty minutes, going to wreck shit on servers where they got owned and can't compete properly, and then getting a refund and repeating the process. VAC and the other assorted anti-cheats out there don't catch them generally in this small window of time and I've not heard of anyone being punished for this behavior. This is happening in many steam multiplayer games currently.

You can't really sustain this

1) You have to haven a valid payment method
2) Steam tracks these things
3) Steam already is sending nasty-grams to people who do 'too many refunds'
4) note even if you 'kite cards' you still have the orignal purchase money that you HAVE to spend somehow.
5) Steam refunds take anywhere from 2-7 days so constantly cycling the card is impratical

Its really a short term 'herp derp' thing. But its unsustainable long term because it requires constant recycling of a valid payment method, which Valve WILL black list at some point if they want to. Cycling pre-paid cards is EXPENSIVE to do with all the fees associated with using them.

Its likely people are simply ascribing the cheaters they see with the new policy, rather than say the fact that CSGO was dirt cheap during the sale and thus attracts lots of new cheating accounts anyway.

It doesn't matter if it doesn't appear sustainable to you. People will find a way. Right now they are doing it because they can and testing the boundaries. It costs them nothing.

I wrote about this the other day. It's the main reason Arkham Knight was removed, not out of the goodness of their hearts. Just because you don't want to believe it, doesn't make it so.

Arkham Knight has multiplayer that people hack in?
Are you following the conversation?

Multiplayer griefing is a symptom of the problem. Recycling refunds is the source of the problem. Are you keeping up with the conversation?

26. Re: Valve on Steam Scams Jun 28, 2015, 00:08 Krovven

Satoru wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 20:38:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 00:51:
There is another certain "scam" going on, or perhaps a better way to label it is "gaming the system", but in many multiplayer games, the steam refunds policy is biting players in the ass right now, with cheaters purchasing games for almost exactly 1 hour and fifty minutes, going to wreck shit on servers where they got owned and can't compete properly, and then getting a refund and repeating the process. VAC and the other assorted anti-cheats out there don't catch them generally in this small window of time and I've not heard of anyone being punished for this behavior. This is happening in many steam multiplayer games currently.

You can't really sustain this

1) You have to have a valid payment method
2) Steam tracks these things
3) Steam already is sending nasty-grams to people who do 'too many refunds'
4) note even if you 'kite cards' you still have the orignal purchase money that you HAVE to spend somehow.
5) Steam refunds take anywhere from 2-7 days so constantly cycling the card is impratical

Its really a short term 'herp derp' thing. But its unsustainable long term because it requires constant recycling of a valid payment method, which Valve WILL black list at some point if they want to. Cycling pre-paid cards is EXPENSIVE to do with all the fees associated with using them.

Its likely people are simply ascribing the cheaters they see with the new policy, rather than say the fact that CSGO was dirt cheap during the sale and thus attracts lots of new cheating accounts anyway.

It doesn't matter if it doesn't appear sustainable to you. People will find a way. Right now they are doing it because they can and testing the boundaries. It costs them nothing.

I wrote about this the other day. It's the main reason Arkham Knight was removed, not out of the goodness of their hearts. Just because you don't want to believe it, doesn't make it so.

7454 Comments. 373 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo