Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6785 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video
24. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video Feb 21, 2014, 13:42 Krovven

descender wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 12:45:
"They were also only playing on Torment II (goes up to VI)."

They were waltzing through Torment II, doing 2-4mil in crits and not really attempting to avoid any damage or elites. I'd say they were obviously extremely well geared.

If that's the "new norm" then blizzard has simply missed the boat on what makes loot special.

Again.

You've expressed interest in the game, but you've also been clear you don't know fuck all about the end-game of Diablo 3. The difference between the Torment difficulties is huge. Torment II to Torment VI is akin to MP3 to MP10 now. The difference is night and day. They are conducting interviews and likely the devs have said, 'lets play on a lower difficulty to keep the flow going, so we aren't constantly dying.'

Also, when you log in to RoS for the first time, it's not like all your upgrade gear is just sitting there waiting for you. These people have been playing the beta for quite awhile. I believe the last beta wipe was back in December, so they have had a couple months to accumulate gear. And I'm not sure how you attribute playing on a lower difficulty to the new loot. It's just a stupid statement. The new Legendaries have special effects on them that alter skills or just provide new to have them do things they don't normally do. But again, you've made it clear you really don't know what you are talking about.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Another Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Clip
18. Re: Another Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Clip Feb 21, 2014, 11:28 Krovven

Axis wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 10:11:
Krovven wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 23:15:
descender wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 17:14:
you know where I'll be

Yes, but will you really know where you are or will you be desync'd? :p

ZING!

Seriously...the fact that in PoE people have to spam a macro to prevent from being desync'd during normal gameplay, is fucking ridiculous.

There's plenty of people who share the same misconception, 99% of them D3 fans... coincidence? Yes, please don't play PoE, stick to D3.

What misconception? The fact they have a command to fix player desyncs is real, /oos is not a misconception. The fact that people use external macros to bind this command to their skill binds to keep themselves from desyncing, is real. The fact that you can get desync'd just by playing the game normally, is real.

Chris Wilson claims this is an anti-cheat measure. They also talk specifically about desyncs and the use of /oos macros.

Interview with Chris Wilson http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y-QFqRHoPM

For me, a lot of what Wilson talks about here is the exact reason I prefer the design choices of D3 over the design choices in PoE. But to each his own.

The difference between you and me Axis, is I don't go into PoE related threads trashing the game just to be a dick.

13. Re: Another Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Clip Feb 20, 2014, 23:32 Krovven

For those actually interested, there was another playtest stream today with Andrew Chambers, designer in charge of the Crusader among other things. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13020711 YouTube link is farther down the article.

And I saw this on the forums this morning, but DiabloFans has posted it in their news...2.0 patch might be live in 2 weeks

12. Re: Another Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Clip Feb 20, 2014, 23:15 Krovven

descender wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 17:14:
you know where I'll be

Yes, but will you really know where you are or will you be desync'd? :p

ZING!

Seriously...the fact that in PoE people have to spam a macro to prevent from being desync'd during normal gameplay, is fucking ridiculous.

11. Re: Another Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Clip Feb 20, 2014, 23:10 Krovven

descender wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 15:39:
I imagine the PTR numbers are a bit ballooned at the moment.

Are you referring to the damage numbers at lvl 70? That's the way they are. They had to scale things up to a point so that lvl 60 legacy gear was no longer viable at lvl 70 in the higher difficulty levels. MP10 Inferno unbuffed dps at lvl 60 right now is 200-350k depending on the class. I've seen a video of a lvl 70 RoS Beta Barbarian with over 2 million dps.

10. Re: Another Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Clip Feb 20, 2014, 23:03 Krovven

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 15:27:
The funny thing is, people playing right now (as in, before patch 2.0) are just wasting their time but yeah... Diablo 3 is Diablo 3... it isn't a bad game, it's just before the patch and expansion, there is no point playing it.

How exactly are they wasting their time?
Paragon levels are being converted to account wide. It's not a direct 1 to 1 conversion, it's based on xp. Paragon will apply to all characters on an account (Hardcore is separate), so even your new lvl 1 toons will benefit. There is also no cap on how many Paragon levels you can get in the patch. So the more Paragon you have across all your toons now, the stronger all your toons (old and new) will be going into the expansion.

I've been playing it a lot in the last few months, grinding some Paragon (got my Barbarian to 100), all 5 classes to 60 and varying Paragon, finishing up some Achievements (like 96% done), killing Infernal Machine ubers for ring parts (lvl 60 Hellfire Ring stats roll higher/narrower in patch), leveled a Witch Doctor in Hardcore (no AH use, self found only) to 60 (2 Paragon so far) and just started Inferno, helped some friends level up, etc. I've even played a bit on the PTR to try out the changes.

Compared to some folks though, I don't care so much about the loot as I do about the gameplay, which is solid. I also rarely play solo (except Hardcore) because the game is a lot of fun at high difficulty levels with a full coop group, public or friends.

I've tried PoE again; tried Grim Dawn, Van Helsing and Torchlight 2...none of which I can get into because they all fall short in the gameplay department for me when compared to D3.

Just to touch on others here and every other forums constantly comparing D3 to D2... A month or two ago I loaded up D2 and played through it with a Necro, as I hadn't played it in many many years and never with a Necro. All I can say is people remember the game with rose-coloured glasses. The game at the time basically had no competition and it was the best available. Playing the game now, it really fucking sucks and it's ridiculous to claim it is still better than D3. Not a single item dropped with sockets that was useful to me for the entire game, so all my gems and runes were useless.

The Necro minions are really powerful clearing trash and elites but as soon as you get to the end of act bosses, they become fucking useless. All minions are killed in a second or two. When your build is built around minions, you become useless when they die and you can't res more on a boss fight because there are no monster corpses. I had to waste my respec just to change my build to beat the end boss of act 1, and even after that all boss fights devolved into putting up a portal, doing what dmg I could, porting out, going to another zone, killing mobs and getting more minions, going back to the boss, rinse repeat until they were dead. Fucking lame. I told a friend about this problem with the Necro. He said he had the same problem, so he quit playing the Necro and switched to a Barbarian.

Speaking of lame, the first thing I did was try to play on Bnet, within seconds my entire screen was full of bot spam trying to sell me shit and I couldn't see a thing. The only way to keep this clear is to keep spamming the N button while you are playing as the chat filter that Blizz added has apparently been circumvented by the bots. So instead of playing with people (what I wanted to do) I had to play offline. Basically only shit items drop from monsters and elites, with the only useful loot coming from farming bosses. Most of the decent gear I found was from vendors in the game. That's sad.

People complain about D3 levels not being random...between D2 and D3, they are about equal in terms of quantity of static and random areas. In D2 single player, if I quit and reloaded my game, dungeon maps would be unchanged with the map already visible, with most of the monsters being in the same place too. In D3 outdoor zone layouts are static, but their contents and the locations of those contents are random. Dungeons are mostly random with a few being static. Quitting and reloading, those outdoor areas and random dungeons would be different.

The use of skills, with the whole assigning the F# and pressing it before then being able to cast spells, is just clunky. When it comes to people touting D2 as the bastion of ARPGs, all I can say is, bullshit.

I'm not saying D3 doesn't have it's problems, it does (what game doesn't), and the 2.0 patch/expansion are improving a lot that is wrong, but in some areas I think they are going to extremes in the opposite direction. But from what I have played on the PTR and what I know about the RoS Beta...they are definitely making some great improvements.

20. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video Feb 19, 2014, 16:46 Krovven

Something else to add to that...stat rolls on gear is also much narrower now. So a lvl 60 item that would roll between 50-250 Strength 50-150 Vitality, might now roll between 200-300 Str, 125-200 Vitality. You can now hold Ctrl while hovering over items to see the min-max possibilities on the roll to see how well the item roll was.

News Comments > Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month
26. Re: Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month Feb 19, 2014, 16:18 Krovven

Xero, there is no point to having any kind of Ah in Diablo 3. The patch/expansion is going to make most of the new loot bind on account. The ones that are not, will become bind on account once you enchant them.

Legacy loot can not be enchanted, only loot that drops post patch. Legacy loot can still be traded and given to friends. Most if not all Legendaries in RoS will be bind on account, but you can trade them with friends you were playing with at the time the item(s) dropped. Similar to how it works in WoW.

24. Re: Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month Feb 19, 2014, 16:10 Krovven

Linksil wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 16:03:
Krovven wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 15:55:
descender wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 12:03:
Now they'll have people trading items/gold for real money through third party websites and such, and people will get scammed like crazy.

Yea, no. Legendaries are bind on account and other items become bind on account once you enchant them.

Which is why I think Diablo 3 without being able to trade is going to be a lot worse then Diablo 3 with an AH.

If that's what you think, log into the PTR and try it out for yourself. Or do you even own the game to even make a judgement without pure speculation?

The game on the PTR is the best it has been. Getting your own loot is worth it.

18. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video Feb 19, 2014, 16:07 Krovven

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 11:59:
That's all well and good, descender. I have no issue with it taking hundreds of hours. I was kind of vague, but I was basically expecting someone to say, "No real character does damage like that, this is a dev playing with unattainable items." I was wondering if I spent hundreds of hours playing, could I reach that? Or does only 1 in 10,000 people (or less) reach that level because finding the items is so unlikely.

First, that wasn't a video of the dev playing, it was one of the streamers. The loot they were all wearing was accumulated since the last beta wipe. Second, they didn't have the best gear, at all. They were also only playing on Torment II (goes up to VI). Every time I've logged into the PTR I've gotten a Legendary drop or two within the first hour. I've also gotten Rare drops that were upgrades to my MP10 Inferno gear.

They have implemented a system that will prevent people from going long stretches of time without getting a Legendary drop. The longer you go without getting a drop the more likely you are to get one. There is also a smart drop system in place, so the drops you do get (rares too) are more likely to be useful for the class you are playing.

20. Re: Reminder: Diablo III Auctions End Next Month Feb 19, 2014, 15:55 Krovven

descender wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 12:03:
Now they'll have people trading items/gold for real money through third party websites and such, and people will get scammed like crazy.

Yea, no. Legendaries are bind on account and other items become bind on account once you enchant them.

5. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video Feb 19, 2014, 10:26 Krovven

nin wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 10:08:
Are randomized maps in?

Yes

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 9, 2014, 17:29 Krovven

Thief preorder has been available for awhile. South Park preorder just started.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2014, 18:12 Krovven

Photos of the poor and unfinished accommodations in Sochi

News Comments > Civ5: The Complete Edition/Free Brave New World Scenario Released
12. Re: Civ5: The Complete Edition/Free Brave New World Scenario Released Feb 5, 2014, 17:31 Krovven

Seventyfive wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 15:44:
Is Civ 5 any good? I stopped playing a few Civ's ago when my tank got destroyed by archers. Kind of thought that was some real bullshit.

Humble Bundle has the Civilization collection bundled right now. https://www.humblebundle.com/

$15 will get you Civ3, Civ4, Civ5 (with G&K and BNW expansions), Railroads and Ace Patrol. It doesn't seem to state that it's the GOTY edition of Civ5, so I don't know if you get all the smaller DLC's as well.

Civ5 classic is kind of weak, but adding G&K expansion makes the game 10x better and the BNW expansion improves upon that as well.

News Comments > Civ5: The Complete Edition/Free Brave New World Scenario Released
11. Re: Civ5: The Complete Edition/Free Brave New World Scenario Released Feb 5, 2014, 17:26 Krovven

Quboid wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 14:34:
People play the Civ scenarios?

I enjoyed the WW2 one with Civ 2 but I've barely tried any since then - skirmish all the way. Maybe I should, I don't even know what they consist of.

Up until a couple days ago I hadn't. I think I had tried one or two before, but found them overwhelming not knowing a lot about the game at that point (plus the scenario specific rule changes). Fast forward 2-3 years later and I figured I'd give them a shot having about 500 hours in the game now, beating the game with a number of leaders and several PBEM games ongoing. Over the last few days I've played and beat the Viking, American Civil War and New World scenarios and as mentioned before, now working on the New World Deluxe scenario.

2. Re: Civ5: The Complete Edition/Free Brave New World Scenario Released Feb 5, 2014, 13:41 Krovven

Weird timing here, I just played and beat the Conquest of the New World scenario yesterday. After finishing it I saw that there was Conquest of the New World Deluxe in my scenario list and assumed it just unlocked after having beat the first one. So I started playing this last night not realizing it was brand new content.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released
97. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 23:21 Krovven

Squirmer wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 23:08:
Someone call the Looking Glass, Ion Storm, and Arkane folks, tell 'em they weren't actually making immersive sims after all.

Immersive Sim isn't a real genre. It's a descriptive phrase coined by Warren Spector that can be applied to the majority of games across multiple actual genres.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released
86. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 19:12 Krovven

I'm going to wait and see if they want to charge existing owners $5 for a "directors cut" patch to fix the games biggest problems.

News Comments > Brad McQuaid/Richard Garriott Kickstarter Cross-Promotion
9. Re: Brad McQuaid/Richard Garriott Kickstarter Cross-Promotion Jan 31, 2014, 23:25 Krovven

Task wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 21:39:
Might want to fix that titan fall link

Msg'd Blue on Steam awhile ago about it...he seems to be busy playing FarCry 3

6785 Comments. 340 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo