Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 7159 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2015, 13:10 Krovven

Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 12:47:
Like I said before, I've always hated MOBA games, but this one is actually enjoyable for me....but I think the gameplay is more fun.

Ok...so for someone else that hates the very foundation of MOBA gameplay, what makes HoTS gameplay fun?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2015, 15:59 Krovven

MajorD wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 10:19:
Blue wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 09:34:
I'm happy that Mad Men is back, especially with Better Call Saul ending its season tonight. The opening episode was intriguing, but leaves me already unhappy with the plan to end the series with a seven episode arc. This reminds me too much about how they truncated the final season for another favorite show, Boardwalk Empire, which left it feeling a little rushed. On the other hand, AMC already did this once before with Breaking Bad, which didn't seem to cause a problem, so I'll just try to put my concerns aside and enjoy.

Yeah, reminds me of Deadwood HBO series too, which abruptly ended due to lack of renewal. Sigh....

They cancelled Deadwood to free up funds to make Rome...which was nowhere near as good and only lasted 2 seasons.

It's a sad sad shame as it was and still is one of the best shows ever made. Hell On Wheels is an excellent western on AMC but nowhere near the standard Deadwood set. At least it's going to get a proper finale though.

News Comments > etc.
34. Re: etc. Apr 6, 2015, 04:17 Krovven

sdgundamx wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 23:50:
Does no one here find it ironic that a lot of the same people suggesting "it was just a joke" are also the same people who went batshit crazy

Oh ya? Which same people would those be? Sounds like conjecture to me.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 5, 2015, 17:04 Krovven

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 17:00:
Krovven wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 16:56:
You can always put non-Steam shortcuts in Steam, that's nothing new.
Oh I know, I didn't mean it as it's something new, I just meant if the game is cheaper elsewhere you could just add it in as a non steam game.
I know what you mean about the convenience though. I tend to forget about games I got from elsewhere if I have to reinstall the OS.
I ended up buying games on Steam I've already owned from other download places like Gamespot because I forgot about them.

Well part of the thing about not buying games from everywhere that don't link to Steam, is I don't forget about them

I have very few games not in Steam, most being Blizzard games and World of Tanks. But when it comes to convenience, it's all the other features Steam has. Plus when it comes time to reinstall Windows or change hard drives, etc...copying and pasting SteamApps, makes things really easy.

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 5, 2015, 16:56 Krovven

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 16:36:
Preload begins April 7th

Nice hadn't seen that.

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 16:36:
As far as having it on Steam as far as I know it doesn't matter where you got the game from they are all the same versions, needs to be registered with Rockstars own DRM thing.
Kind of how Ubisoft games work that were purchased from Steam.

Yea I know, but I like having my stuff in Steam. It's convenient.

You can always put non-Steam shortcuts in Steam, that's nothing new.

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 5, 2015, 16:22 Krovven

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 15:42:
Just cleared up some space on the SSD... Hopefully they do pre-loading soon. Even though it'd take me less than two hours at full speed, I'm not sure they'll be able to handle so many people downloading so much at once that well.

I happened to see a tweet from GMG last night...but can't find it now. It said they were working with the Publisher on preloads, but they didn't have any answers yet.

Personally I bought on Steam, even though it cost a bit more. I'd rather have it there. Hoping there is a preload...gonna be a clusterfuck if there isn't.

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 5, 2015, 15:27 Krovven

Moog wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 15:15:
Krovven wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 14:52:
Vio wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 14:34:
I got it 50% off in the Christmas sale 2015

That would be impressive if it was true. GTA V PC didn't become available for pre-purchase until mid January.

and Christmas 2015 is still nearly 9 months away

Blah got me there

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 5, 2015, 14:52 Krovven

Vio wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 14:34:
I got it 50% off in the Christmas sale 2015

That would be impressive if it was true. GTA V PC didn't become available for pre-purchase until mid January.

News Comments > etc.
30. Re: etc. Apr 5, 2015, 06:06 Krovven

Squirmer wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 22:55:
Krovven wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 20:04:
Majority of jokes are at the expense of someone in one way or another. They are however jokes. Some in good taste, some in bad. You don't have to laugh.

When do we start to get upset at things that make fun of straight white males?

Probably when straight white males aren't at the top of the food chain and don't have all the life advantages they do now. See, this is what you lot don't seem to understand. The joke in PoE is actually not a joke for people who have to worry about being murdered for being who they are. The perception that transgender people are freaks and you should be ashamed to be with one is the same kind of perception that leads to transgender people being murdered on a fairly regular basis. (And no I'm not saying jokes lead directly to murder, just pointing out why people would find this offensive.)

Again, if you actually can't appreciate that, and you can't understand why people would be upset at jokes like this, you've got real problems empathizing with people.

And why is someone linking an Ace Ventura clip when that demonstrates the point I'm making? Transgender people have been the butt of jokes for a long time. They've had to put up with it. Now they're increasingly speaking out about how upsetting it is, and you straight white males can't deal with it. Who exactly has the thin skin here, you hypocrites?

You do realize that just being a straight white male doesn't give someone a free pass in life. Irish, Polish, Jewish, Catholic and every other nationality and religion are targets for jokes and have been for ever. People laugh and make jokes at each other, and yes sadly people kill each other too...not limited to hatred over sexuality.

When you can't laugh or just plain ignore something so small and not make a big public spectacle over it, that's where the problem starts, which leads to the fighting, which leads to the hatred.

I don't seem to recall saying transgendered people were freaks. I never said anything about them at all, as I have no prejudice towards them, or anyone else of different race, gender or religion.

But I do have issue with pompous asses that think their problems are so important that they need to publicly play the victim over someones silly joke. So maybe take your hostile bullshit somewhere else.

My post had nothing to do with gender, race or otherwise. The problem is with people that overreact to little things that offend them.

News Comments > etc.
21. Re: etc. Apr 4, 2015, 20:04 Krovven

Squirmer wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 19:20:
Saboth wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 15:39:
I'm not sure how this is a "transphobic" joke.

The man intended to have sex with a woman. The woman was a man pretending to be a woman.
How are you this oblivious. It's a joke at transgender people's expense, and if I were a transgender woman I would find this joke really offensive too. Not only does it deny transgender people's identity (hello what even is gender), it also implies that suicide is preferable to intimacy with those transgender freaks. If you can't see how that's offensive you've got a serious empathy deficiency.

Majority of jokes are at the expense of someone in one way or another. They are however jokes. Some in good taste, some in bad. You don't have to laugh.

When do we start to get upset at things that make fun of straight white males?

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer
37. Re: Grand Theft Auto V 60FPS PC Trailer Apr 2, 2015, 16:10 Krovven

DangerDog wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 15:08:
Watch GTA V at 60FPS in a video that's playing at 30FPS.

Uhh, see how it lists "60" after the resolution options for the video? Every noticed that on YouTube? It means the video is running at 60fps, not 30 fps.

News Comments > DiRT 3 Collection "With 100% Less GFWL"
3. Re: DiRT 3 Collection Apr 2, 2015, 01:13 Krovven

Darks wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 18:28:
How about removing GFWL from Op Flashpoint Red River?

Just a wild guess, but I'm thinking Op Flashpoint is a dead IP while Dirt series isn't and I believe they already have Dirt 4 on the way. If Dirt 3 MP wasn't updated that would piss off many people that may skip the next game.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length
46. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length Mar 31, 2015, 17:41 Krovven

Creston wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 17:36:
Task wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 16:19:
Creston wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 15:34:
Witcher 2 absolutely, because it's a great game. Witcher 1... eh. I mean, I liked it, but it was definitely quirky and it had some areas that were just a giant fucking CHORE to play through (whoever designed that fucking swamp should be forced to spend two weeks in said swamp, naked and tied to a fucking submerged log...)

Maybe they did, lol. Untouched swamps can be quite daunting/dangerous places to traipse through. There are some early tricks to "The Swamp" area early on though, that make the going a bit easier (which involves grinding against Cockatrices in a certain cave to level 30-35, and also retrieving a certain free sword by luring out Wyverns in another 'certain area' one at a time). Accomplishing those two things makes The Swamp and by extension the rest of the game a cake walk as you come out of The Swamp a hulking beast of a Witcher by overleveling.

Right, but then you're swapping the grind in the swamp for the grind against the cockatrices, and it doesn't make the swamp any less annoying to travel through.

(I did actually grind the cockatrices for awhile when I saw how much XP they gave. I did a few grinds against very xp-high monsters, so all in all the game wasn't too hard, it's just that that swamp area was so freaking irritating...)

From the small and linear outdoor areas in TW2, you start to miss exploring the swamp in TW.

42. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length Mar 31, 2015, 16:45 Krovven

Xero wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 12:37:
but with less time available which I'm sure a lot of you here have no clue what that's about yet until you move out, marry, and have responsibilities (don't even have a kid yet!). Your time management becomes a major factor in gaming, lol.

Seriously? You've been around here long enough to know that the majority of the people around here are 30+.

You just sound like a douche throwing that line out to pump up your bravado.

41. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length Mar 31, 2015, 16:33 Krovven

Well I'm sitting at 53 hrs in my The Witcher 2 play-through and about 1 hour into Chapters 3 (before the game crashed on me yet again).

While I'm super stoked for the new game, if Witcher 3 is 90% cutscenes and conversations like TW2 is, then I may just skip it (no not really). I actually prefer TW1 over TW2 at this point when it comes to gameplay.

There isn't enough gameplay in TW2. While the production values went way up in TW2, the amount of actual gameplay went way down. The outdoor areas are so small and confined, there is very little exploring to do.

Now I understand why people were grumbling about learning the combat when the game first came out. There is very little sustained combat and impossible to get any sort of rhythm going. This would be why they had to introduce the Arena in a later patch.

I've avoided most videos and stuff for the game, so maybe my concerns would be alleviated by watching them...but they really need to have more actual gameplay, fighting of monsters and men.

I don't know when I'll find the time, but I'm already sorta planning a Dark mode playthrough of TW2 to play the alternate storyline.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning
39. Re: Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning Mar 31, 2015, 03:10 Krovven

Dirwulf wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 02:01:
John wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 01:44:
Dirwulf wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 01:22:
So your first premise is that I'm crying because I'm complaining about a bug. Then you go on to say all RPG's have a shit load of bugs, which is certainly a giant blanket of bullshit. So you just bend over and accept a load of bugs in your RPG's? Man, talk about indoctrinated.
It's not a giant blanket of BS though.. Most RPGs have many bug fixes in the first patch or even the first few patches sometimes. With such a large world and tons of quests there are always things the developers miss.

So quantify your statement. Let me see your statistics.

And this would be why people put you on ignore. Don't be a dick.

You know full well there are no "statistics" on the matter. So why ask for them if not to just be a dick?

Use your common sense, personal experience and experiences you have read about around the net for the last 20+ years. RPG's (even great ones) are inherently known for having a lot of bugs, particularly at release.

I could name a dozen or two off the top of my head that were bug-ridden at release. It would be far more difficult to name an RPG that was polished with little to no bugs at release.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $77M
72. Re: Into the Black Mar 30, 2015, 23:49 Krovven

It just baffles me that people keep throwing large amounts of money at this game.
$250 for a single ship in a game? I don't care how much disposable income you have...that's just dumb. If I'm correct people have spent far far more than just a few hundred bucks on ships too.

Oh well, it's not something they will ever see money from me for.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Update Released
11. Re: Half-Life 2: Update Released Mar 28, 2015, 17:46 Krovven

Dacron wrote on Mar 28, 2015, 14:22:
Kajetan wrote on Mar 28, 2015, 09:06:
Setting standards for a feature != was the first with this feature

Ya I skipped Painkiller and this is the first I remember it's physics beings referred to.

I think what he is referring to was the rag dolls and how they reacted to your weapons. ie: stake gun pinning bodies to walls.

But the rest of the game had little to no environment interaction with minimal physics use there, so I completely disagree with his comparison.

News Comments > GOG.Com on Customer Service
30. Re: GOG.Com on Customer Service Mar 26, 2015, 17:17 Krovven

MoonSpook wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 05:37:
but it sets the bar pretty low for professionalism

Nah. They set that bar when they faked the closing of their own storefront as a marketing gimmick.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
16. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 14:25 Krovven

I so want to play this, but I'm right smack in the middle of Chapter 2 of The Witcher 2. I also think I figured out my missing 'Faery' book problem in Divinity Original Sin, so I may finally be able to finish the game.

Once those 2 are complete, then I can consider Pillars. And when is Torment supposed to be released? I backed that one, I didn't back Pillars.

7159 Comments. 358 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo