Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6800 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: etc. Mar 3, 2014, 18:52 Krovven

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 16:02:
I'll concede to the points being stated but I stand firm on the belief that BoA/BoP gear is mind-numbingly stupid and unnecessary for an ARPG.

I just cannot wrap my head around how this came to be and hope they burn down this idea much like they have with the auction house but in far less time.

BoA is about locking down bots from farming gear and gold and selling it on 3rd party sites. The internal AH was an attempt at giving people a secure way of selling off the gear and gold instead of the nightmare that was D2. It didn't work out, so now they are trying this way. I don't mind it so much other than it is too restrictive.

People in the clan see the loot dropping in games they aren't in, the person that got it says they aren't going to use it, but they can't give it to someone that will use it and that is a shame.

There can be a middle ground. Trading only with the people that were present in your game is just a bit too restrictive, as the best way to benefit from that is having all of the same class in a group...which itself would be bad for the game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Mar 3, 2014, 14:20 Krovven

I'd like to see them expand the trading to people that were in the clan at the time of a drop, and if not allow open trading in this way, at least allow an item to be traded once and not just within 2 hrs and only with the people you were playing with.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
61. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 3, 2014, 11:56 Krovven

Verno wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 09:40:
You consistently respond to any slight, real or imagined, with this sort of unwarranted, grammatically dubious and barely coherent rant. It's all rather

No to be fair to Jerykk and Space Captain they're spot on. Jerykk long ago said he stopped pirating and nin keeps bringing into threads where it's totally inappropriate then hides behind the ignore filter when called on it. He doesn't pirate games anymore, grow up and move on with your life.

Exactly. He would do the same thing to me. I complained to Blue and it seems to have stopped.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Adds New Loot & Paragon Systems
23. Re: Diablo III Patch Adds New Loot & Paragon Systems Feb 26, 2014, 20:16 Krovven

loomy wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 13:55:
The new patch changes so much that it is basically a new game. It destroyed my character, for it no longer exists as it did! Some patch!

And a diablo game without trading isn't diablo. World of diablocraft. Sad. Deleted

I assume your toon was the Barbarian? Yea they got neutered. That's why I'll be playing my Witch Doctor and other classes most of the time now. Really I only played my Barb cus they were OP anyways. But I also have every class at lvl 60, so I have my pick.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Adds New Loot & Paragon Systems
9. Re: Diablo III Patch Adds New Loot & Paragon Systems Feb 26, 2014, 05:19 Krovven

So good! Started up a Clan. If you want an invite, add me as a friend Krovven#1128 and I'll invite you when I get home from work sometime around 5 pst.  

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Preorder Bonuses
15. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Preorder Bonuses Feb 25, 2014, 21:07 Krovven

What are you talking about an extra $20?

You get these 2 items regardless of which version you preorder.

News Comments > Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending
18. Re: Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending Feb 25, 2014, 03:15 Krovven

Twitter https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS

Though I can't say specifically for EU. Maybe there is a EU specific BlizzardCS Twitter.

Edit: That was easy, https://twitter.com/BlizzardCSEU_EN But no maintenance listed there.

16. Re: Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending Feb 25, 2014, 01:15 Krovven

flechett3 wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 01:08:

Good thing. It's going live today (2/25/14). Should be up around 2PM EST, I think.

Reddit post about the 2.0 patch confirmation

Nice find. Last official word was March 4th.

13. Re: Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending Feb 25, 2014, 00:08 Krovven

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 23:39:
Ah.. and the monster power level replacement they do, does that still add magic find?

You mean Torment I thru VI? Legendaries have an increased chance to drop the higher the difficulty. They removed the text on the screen that says by how much, so it's unknown by how much.

They've really tuned the drops so Legendaries drop a lot more frequently. So MF is not that important.

11. Re: Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending Feb 24, 2014, 23:28 Krovven

Fion wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 17:58:
Hope 2.01 hits this week.

Maintenance from 1am to 11am pst tonight (but they did last Tuesday too)...so there is a chance. I have a feeling it will be next week.

10. Re: Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending Feb 24, 2014, 23:18 Krovven

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 23:02:
Fion wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 19:57:
Thankfully 2.01 condenses the crafting mats. Lets mats, more stacks, very nice.

And yea, like in a WoW expansion, you'll be replacing most of your gear inside an hour lol.

Considering Itemization was broken, that is good to hear. They removed magic find entirely right?

Not entirely. It's on a few items in the expansion but not many. Cap is going to be 300% again and from what I hear it's going to be very difficult to get even close to that. Legacy gear with MF may become valuable in the expansion, will be interesting to see.

9. Re: Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending Feb 24, 2014, 23:14 Krovven

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 22:08:
Semi-random question (since I've never played the game): If you are a non-auction house level 60, level 50+ paragon character, how much gold are you likely to have? Millions? Was amused by the stories of the auction bugs leading to some people getting billions, but never had an idea how much a normal high level character would have.

No real clear answer for this. Depends how much someone played, spent on crafting, combining gems or whatever.

A long time ago I got lucky and got a wicked Skorn drop that I sold for 1.5 billion, probably could have got more for it :(. I'm sitting around 620mil right now and that number will rise if I can sell more gear (it's getting harder and harder to do so). And I'll sell off a bunch of gems before the expansion which will add another 100+ million.

Oh and I'm almost at 100mil looted...I'm under 3mil needed to hit the 100mil achieve for looted gold.

Battletag- Krovven#1128

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video
26. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video Feb 21, 2014, 19:25 Krovven

descender wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 13:54:
I don't know what you are arguing with me about at all, Krowen. They are obviously well geared to be able to play that difficulty in the first place. They are obviously over-geared for Torment II if they "turned it down" to "keep the flow going".

So, which part of what I have said are you not agreeing with? If they were not extremely well geared, they would not be doing... the things they did in the video.

Then you need to be more clear about your original statement. From what I read, you are claiming that they have fucked up the gear itemization again and you are basing this off them playing Torment II and having no problem with it in the video. I don't see how you come to that conclusion. What exactly is wrong with them being able to do Torment II without having a problem with it? And my point is that, if they bump it up to Torment 4 all of a sudden they start taking a lot more damage, deaths occur and things take longer to kill.

My point is, Torment II is not considered "special". It's not that hard to get to. Likewise MP3 in the current live game is not considered special. So I simply don't understand your judgement that Blizzard has missed the boat on what makes loot special when you seem to have zero experience with the new patch.

News Comments > Another Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Clip
23. Re: Another Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Clip Feb 21, 2014, 18:58 Krovven

Axis wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 16:20:
Krovven wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 23:15:

Seriously...the fact that in PoE people have to spam a macro to prevent from being desync'd during normal gameplay, is fucking ridiculous.

This is what you said Krowen and it's 100% wrong. Hence my reply that your wrong statement is shared misconception amongst people who don't obviously know jack about the issue.

Sorry, should I have not used the words "have to"? Just take out those words and it's still the same thing. People, obviously not everyone, use the /oos command bound to macros to keep their games from being desync'd. Even the creator of the game has acknowledged this and has admitted they may even put the a bind in the game (if they haven't already, as I havent kept up on it). So you can claim my statement is incorrect all you want, but it's a fact, backed up by the creator of PoE. If you have trouble admitting to this, you are more messed up than I thought.

21. Re: Another Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Clip Feb 21, 2014, 14:59 Krovven

Axis wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 14:23:
Feel free to look through my past posts about desync and you'll see 'your' misconception staring right at you in blue and white - you just parrot what you read and have zero experience with it. I stated plenty of times it's a problem, but it's a problem for people who have no clue how to avoid it.

And the way to avoid it has little to do with an /oos command.

I'm not parroting what I read. It's straight from the creators mouth in that video interview I linked. It's a direct result from design/architecture choices they have made, including anti-cheat measures. And you shouldn't have to play a certain way to avoid it (it can happen just from trying to run through monsters), it simply shouldn't happen. It does not happen in D3.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video
24. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video Feb 21, 2014, 13:42 Krovven

descender wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 12:45:
"They were also only playing on Torment II (goes up to VI)."

They were waltzing through Torment II, doing 2-4mil in crits and not really attempting to avoid any damage or elites. I'd say they were obviously extremely well geared.

If that's the "new norm" then blizzard has simply missed the boat on what makes loot special.

Again.

You've expressed interest in the game, but you've also been clear you don't know fuck all about the end-game of Diablo 3. The difference between the Torment difficulties is huge. Torment II to Torment VI is akin to MP3 to MP10 now. The difference is night and day. They are conducting interviews and likely the devs have said, 'lets play on a lower difficulty to keep the flow going, so we aren't constantly dying.'

Also, when you log in to RoS for the first time, it's not like all your upgrade gear is just sitting there waiting for you. These people have been playing the beta for quite awhile. I believe the last beta wipe was back in December, so they have had a couple months to accumulate gear. And I'm not sure how you attribute playing on a lower difficulty to the new loot. It's just a stupid statement. The new Legendaries have special effects on them that alter skills or just provide new to have them do things they don't normally do. But again, you've made it clear you really don't know what you are talking about.

18. Re: Another Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Clip Feb 21, 2014, 11:28 Krovven

Axis wrote on Feb 21, 2014, 10:11:
Krovven wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 23:15:
descender wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 17:14:
you know where I'll be

Yes, but will you really know where you are or will you be desync'd? :p

ZING!

Seriously...the fact that in PoE people have to spam a macro to prevent from being desync'd during normal gameplay, is fucking ridiculous.

There's plenty of people who share the same misconception, 99% of them D3 fans... coincidence? Yes, please don't play PoE, stick to D3.

What misconception? The fact they have a command to fix player desyncs is real, /oos is not a misconception. The fact that people use external macros to bind this command to their skill binds to keep themselves from desyncing, is real. The fact that you can get desync'd just by playing the game normally, is real.

Chris Wilson claims this is an anti-cheat measure. They also talk specifically about desyncs and the use of /oos macros.

Interview with Chris Wilson http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y-QFqRHoPM

For me, a lot of what Wilson talks about here is the exact reason I prefer the design choices of D3 over the design choices in PoE. But to each his own.

The difference between you and me Axis, is I don't go into PoE related threads trashing the game just to be a dick.

13. Re: Another Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Clip Feb 20, 2014, 23:32 Krovven

For those actually interested, there was another playtest stream today with Andrew Chambers, designer in charge of the Crusader among other things. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13020711 YouTube link is farther down the article.

And I saw this on the forums this morning, but DiabloFans has posted it in their news...2.0 patch might be live in 2 weeks

12. Re: Another Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Clip Feb 20, 2014, 23:15 Krovven

descender wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 17:14:
you know where I'll be

Yes, but will you really know where you are or will you be desync'd? :p

ZING!

11. Re: Another Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Clip Feb 20, 2014, 23:10 Krovven

descender wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 15:39:
I imagine the PTR numbers are a bit ballooned at the moment.

Are you referring to the damage numbers at lvl 70? That's the way they are. They had to scale things up to a point so that lvl 60 legacy gear was no longer viable at lvl 70 in the higher difficulty levels. MP10 Inferno unbuffed dps at lvl 60 right now is 200-350k depending on the class. I've seen a video of a lvl 70 RoS Beta Barbarian with over 2 million dps.

6800 Comments. 340 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo