Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6811 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock 2 Next Month; Preorders Underway
7. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 Next Month; Preorders Underway Sep 17, 2014, 15:46 Krovven

Price increase makes this a simple choice of wait and see. I still haven't finished the first game. I played at least halfway, probably farther...and just lost interest.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining
48. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 6, 2014, 17:06 Krovven

Blah blah blah. Verno doesn't think it's a big issue cus it doesn't effect him so he is going to marginalize the problem to suit his opinion.

46. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 5, 2014, 21:34 Krovven

You tried a google search? Plenty of hits on the topic.

There is PS3 and 360 versions of the game as well.
The problem isn't limited to any of them that I'm aware of. Because you can copy your toons from PS3 to PS4, the hacked items come with it.

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 2014, 21:46.

44. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 4, 2014, 23:39 Krovven

Verno wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 08:31:
Krovven wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 20:11:
There are Grift rankings out of Season too. I don't want to see people getting the best gear handed to them because they run streams. If that's what people want, they may as well bring the AH back. Play the game, earn your gear. There was so much fucking whining about the AH and the game improved with the changes they made. Open trading would be a step backwards.

As I said in my previous response it doesn't have to be open trading necessarily. It isn't destroying the console versions of the game and there are several prominent streamers there thanks to the advent of the Share button on the PS4. The streamer already has significant advantages over you or I, he plays more, has followers who boost him and so on. There's no real way around that.

Maybe you care about what happens to streamers, that's certainly your right. Personally I care more about how my friends and I play and enjoy the game. Most of my friends are casual players who would appreciate getting the odd item or two.

I don't follow the console version(s) at all. But didn't someone in an earlier comment say something about BoE on the consoles? Also, there was (is there still?) plenty of hacking of fake and buffed items being passed around on the console versions, that isn't happening on the PC version. Not sure what has changed if anything.

And as I said before and even said shortly after RoS launched. I'd be ok with clan trading...as long as there is a limit put on it. ie: items cant be traded to someone not in the clan at the time it dropped. Also only allow an item to be traded just once. Same would be for friends list. Doing this however would be a bit of a database nightmare and may not be feasible depending on what their resource budgets are.

News Comments > Diablo III Mid-Season Nerf
10. Re: Diablo III Mid-Season Nerf Sep 4, 2014, 16:24 Krovven

They really shouldn't have changed these until Season 2 and just left them as they were until then. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to even remove them from non-season games as they had always been an option for exploiting xp, they just weren't "the best xp" compared to others that have long since been nerfed.

I have already abandoned my season DH anyways. Got him to lvl 70 and about 25 paragon levels...but I don't feel like I'm getting anything out of it. I'd rather spend my time leveling up the Legendary Gems for my account and getting new gear to mess around with other builds and classes.

The only thing that could get me interested in seasons would be new gear sets for each class (the current season specific legendaries are lame). Even then I'm not sure. I'm also not a fan of seasons has fragmented the community, more specifically the players within clans. Half the clan is playing seasonal toons and half the clan isn't bothering. This has a lot of people having to play public games or play solo with few clan members to play with. Simple fix to this would be to increase the maximum clan members from 150 so we can increase the numbers.

42. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 3, 2014, 20:11 Krovven

There are Grift rankings out of Season too. I don't want to see people getting the best gear handed to them because they run streams. If that's what people want, they may as well bring the AH back.

Play the game, earn your gear. There was so much fucking whining about the AH and the game improved with the changes they made. Open trading would be a step backwards.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 3, 2014, 20:01 Krovven

Warlocks is gonna need to change its name. There is already a game called Warlock.  

40. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Sep 2, 2014, 20:59 Krovven

Because the way the game is now, it is far better without full on trading. I'd be open to them making trading within Clans members but only if those that were in the clan at the time the item dropped. Even with this method, items should be bind to account after they've been traded once.

It would be too easy for people (particularly streamers) that have a community following them to just feed them gear nullifying the Grift rankings. Some people don't care about that but others do.

I get items from people I play with all the time (generally for my other classes I don't play as much). With how readily legendary and set items drop now, I simply don't see open trading would benefit the game in any way. People aren't entitled to get the best gear or to get hard to find drops. You don't "need" them either to be able T6 and keep up.

35. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Aug 31, 2014, 16:13 Krovven

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 07:47:
I just want their achievements to start working again.

Achievements work fine. Have you bothered to actually look up the simple solution to the problem some people are having? I was one of those people and it took all of a few minutes to do a forum search and fix it.

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 07:47:
Fucking no trades bullshit. I hope, hope, hope they have something to say about this at Blizzcon. I'd even wait for it to hit the next expansion if I must, which is likely what it would take to revise this absurd rule.

Uhhm, no. Only people that don't play very much seem to give a shit about trading to people that weren't there for a drop. It's easy enough to get gear from just playing that there is absolutely no reason for trading outside of groups to occur.

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 Today - First Season Begins Friday
26. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 Today - First Season Begins Friday Aug 27, 2014, 23:12 Krovven

Verno wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 13:41:
When people say economy in that context they typically mean a player to player economy and that's certainly what he was referring to here, he even specified it as such in a follow up.

And it has no bearing in the context to which he was referring, which was Ladders/Seasons, which the economy is reset on both PC and Console.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2014, 12:09 Krovven

Creston wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 11:31:
SlimRam wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 11:25:
  • 9-Year-Old Girl Accidentally Kills Shooting Range Instructor
  • Umm...yeah, saw this on the local news last night. Sooo is there any lesson to be learned here about letting a 9-year-old fire an UZI? Well of course. The instructor should have started her out with something like maybe just a 50 cal Desert Eagle, just for learning purposes THEN move her over to something like a fully automatic AK 47 THEN finally teach the 9 year old child how to control a fully automatic UZI. I believe the hand grenade and rocket launcher handling was supposed to be at the end of the day...

THIS is the ideal gun for newbies, especially little kids.

Anyway, I have zero sympathy for the guy (I do feel sorry for the girl, though.) DON'T LET CHILDREN FUCKING FIRE FULL AUTOMATIC WEAPONS.

Pretty fucked up that kids as young as 8 can legally use firearms. They can't drive until they are 16, drink until they are 21...but hey let's put a full auto Uzi in their hands and see what happens. Fucked up society.

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live
    10. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live Aug 26, 2014, 22:32 Krovven

The main things gold is needed for are combining gems and enchanting. It gets VERY expensive when combining up those gems. And after 10-15 enchanting attempts the price gets up over a million and just keeps going higher. I assume there is a high cost for upgrading the new Legendary Gems, but haven't really looked into it.
    Now people will be needing to enchant their good items again with all the skill adjustments. It's costly.

I started RoS with approximately 1.5 billion gold and I'm down to 550 million or so and have barely played in the last couple months. When you have multiple toons things add up quickly.

It was a complaint with 2.0 launching, that there wasn't enough gold coming in for players. My theory is they did that intentionally so people that had billions and billions of gold from the AH would burn through a lot of it on gems and enchants. Now that a lot of gold has come out of the game, they can allow people to gain more again.

24. Re: Diablo III 2.10 Today Aug 26, 2014, 20:27 Krovven

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 15:44:
    Krovven wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 15:33:
    Wallshadows wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 14:49:
    One of the reasons I like ladder is due to the economy reset which isn't possible in the PC version but is with consoles.

What? Economy is reset in the PC versions of the Seasons too.

There's zero economy in the game other than what you own since the PC version has everything bound to the account. I don't think you can even give someone gold anymore.

Ladders on the PC are not very well suited because of this.

I'm not understanding you. You said "One thing I like about Ladders is the economy reset which is not possible on the PC."

Seasonal ladders on PC, players start over from zero. Economy is reset, just like on Consoles.

Then you say there is no economy on the PC. Economy isn't all encompassing to players being able to trade. You still earn gold, you can still trade items that drop while playing with others. You still have to pay gold to unlock Artisan levels. You still have to pay for repairs, crafting, etc etc.

10. Re: Diablo III 2.10 Today Aug 26, 2014, 15:33 Krovven

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 14:49:
    One of the reasons I like ladder is due to the economy reset which isn't possible in the PC version but is with consoles.

What? Economy is reset in the PC versions of the Seasons too.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
    7. Re: RE: Follow up Aug 25, 2014, 00:02 Krovven

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 23:37:
    nin wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 16:54:
    Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 16:27:
    Aaaaaaaand, I finally found a copy of DIII on PS4 today. Yay. Thanks, stupid ISIS worshiping "hackers." (Yeah, DDoS attack, really talented. Go you.)

Woot! Think I just hit 18 on my DH...really surprised how well the controls have worked out.

Haha, I thought you were skipping because you got so high on PC? I wish fucking Blizzard would enable controller support for PC so I didn't have to play on PS4. Unfortunately, controller is the superior input for this game. Got so tired of running where I wanted to shoot and having to hold down shift all the time to make sure I didn't.

Uhhm, that has been a staple of ARPGs since, well, Diablo. And yes, it was annoying, but should not be in D3.

What you may not have investigated, is the "Force Move" option in the keybindings. I have mine set to the thumb button on my mouse. So I always use that for character movement, freeing up M1 for everything else it needs to do which is mainly combat. No more mixups of movement and targeting.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
    14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2014, 21:43 Krovven

Shok wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 19:44:
    nin wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 18:47:
    Blizzard and sony are being ddos'd to fuck and back right now. Coincidence? No.

Hmmm, ok maybe I will give it another try. Thanks Nin...

I haven't played much lately but I did try an play last night a couple times. First login I was placed in a short queue. Then 20min later I was DC'd and couldn't log back in. Forums were full of people complaining. An hour or two later I tried again and DC'd again after a few minutes.

It's unfortunate that asshats think they are accomplishing anything other than pissing of gamers.

Oh well, World of Tanks is still my game of choice right now with a sprinkling of Divinity Original Sin.

Don't care that much about the patch as I can't see myself diving into Seasons, but we'll see.

News Comments > Wargaming Boasts 100M Registered Players
    10. Re: Wargaming Boasts 100M Registered Players Aug 12, 2014, 23:20 Krovven

Primalchrome wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 17:50:
    Out of curiosity, I'd like to see numbers on concurrent players.

Well, as I type this there are 32k+ online US West server. I don't know if the online user total is combined with US East, or even Europe.

I have been playing a lot in the last couple of months, as they have changed several things. One being that premium shells can now be purchased with Silver (earned by playing) instead of just Gold (ca$h). They have basically removed pay-to-win from the game. There is also the Events and Missions, to earn Consumables (Repair Kits, Fire Extinguishers, etc), free Premium time and premium tanks, various sales on buying and spending gold, tanks, crew training, etc.

News Comments > John Romero's New Shooter Plans
    57. Re: John Romero's New Shooter Plans Aug 12, 2014, 16:40 Krovven

Verno wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 09:00:
    Krovven wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 05:59:
    Some of you need a reality check and maybe look yourselves in the mirror.

I don't personally care about him because hey, he did some dumb things when he was young, who here hasn't? That being said, an introspective look in the mirror over derision of a videogame developer? Mmmm no, that seems a bit overly dramatic.

Disastrous failure overshadowing success is nothing new in this industry or any other.

Does he deserve another chance? Absolutely. All he has to do is make another great game and I'm sure all is forgiven among the offended. Until then most people will remember him for the silly ads and various failures.

Overly dramatic, like the grown men here posting straight up hateful comments towards a man they do not know and likely have never met or even talk to?

Only weak people like to beat others down constantly, especially over something inconsequential. It's not like John Romero did something truly horrible to humanity. Now if only so much passion would be put towards actual real problems in this world instead of vilifying a game developer, 15 years down the road.

id software arguably didn't make anything good after Romero left, so there is that. On the topic of him leaving, it's also publicly known that others were forced out of id software for disagreements on the design of games and future of the company.

John Romero has nothing to prove, at least not to the heathens here.

45. Re: John Romero's New Shooter Plans Aug 12, 2014, 06:13 Krovven

InBlack wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 04:00:
    Krovven wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 03:27:
    xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:04:
    Creston wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 18:46:
    And the room. Went. Wild.

Really? Together, as id, they made two great shooters. Individually, other than Carmack, none of those guys has ever achieved much, if anything.

Stop giving the guy so much credit for shit he did 20 years ago, people.

Agreed. He made FUCKING MOBILE GAMES. And his last PC/xbox/ps3 cross platform project failed after 2 years of development.

F him. I have no faith in him at this point.

Him and CB can go F themselves.

I have never really understood the hate towards Romero or Carmack. Only in the game industry can someone make some great games; ya know just games that changed gaming forever with Wolfenstein, Doom, and Quake...only to be hated and told to go fuck themselves because their careers didn't unfold according to what some of you wanted.

People are sick of egotistical bastards like Romero taking all the credit. The whole team at id at the time was responsible for these games not just Romero.

What the fuck are you talking about? Where exactly is Romero claiming he did everything? The information of what he and others worked on is available on the net in various locations. He (along with others) were highly involved in all the games and he was one of the founders of id.
    Hell, before they formed id, HE was the one that put the team together that formed id.

44. Re: John Romero's New Shooter Plans Aug 12, 2014, 05:59 Krovven

Sepharo wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 03:51:
    Krovven wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 03:27:
    xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 19:04:
    Creston wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 18:46:
    And the room. Went. Wild.

Really? Together, as id, they made two great shooters. Individually, other than Carmack, none of those guys has ever achieved much, if anything.

Stop giving the guy so much credit for shit he did 20 years ago, people.

Agreed. He made FUCKING MOBILE GAMES. And his last PC/xbox/ps3 cross platform project failed after 2 years of development.

F him. I have no faith in him at this point.

Him and CB can go F themselves.

I have never really understood the hate towards Romero or Carmack. Only in the game industry can someone make some great games; ya know just games that changed gaming forever with Wolfenstein, Doom, and Quake...only to be hated and told to go fuck themselves because their careers didn't unfold according to what some of you wanted.

Only in the game industry huh? Never heard of the music industry?

When was the last time Zeppelin had a really good album, let alone any album at all? They are still endeared. Surviving members still make music, that some like and others do not. They are still respected.

So yes. Only in the game industry do I see such swings from love to hate over something like a developers chosen career path.

If everyone here knows as much as they claim to, then you all know the "Make you his bitch" ad was not his idea. Yet people around here continue to act like it was. Diakatana, the single player game sucked. The multiplayer was fun, and many around here have spoken to that in the past. When it comes to Ion Storm, he wasn't the only man at the helm and Diakatana was not the only failure there.

Last I checked, there were game companies failing left right and center, some making bad games, some making good games and still not surviving. John Romero isn't special in that regard, or do his failures make him a bad person as some allude to.

Last I checked Romero had a few companies making various games and have been doing so for many years now.
    Apparently this makes him a failure in the eyes of so many of you.

Some of you need a reality check and maybe look yourselves in the mirror.

6811 Comments. 341 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo