Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 7441 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Season 4 Live
30. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Live Aug 31, 2015, 05:14 Krovven

InBlack wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 04:19:
I came here to say that I enjoyed this thread for one reason alone, Krovven and Axis getting it on. You guys are so cute together! Beam

Seeing as he can't tell the difference between w and vv I don't think he really know who he is arguing with.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Controller Enters Top 10
3. Re: Steam Controller Enters Top 10 Aug 30, 2015, 23:30 Krovven

Scud wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 22:29:
Krovven wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 13:27:
If it wasn't through EB, I'd preorder the controller, but I refuse to give that shitty company my money. I'll wait for NCIX or someone else to sell it.

What's EB got to do with this? Just pre-order it through Steam.

Sorry, for Canadian orders.

Steam store page states Pre-Order from EB Games. which takes you to http://www.ebgames.ca/views/locale/promoPages/landingPages/Steam/EN/

It's also pick-up only and I'm an hour from the nearest EB Games.

This comment was edited on Aug 31, 2015, 00:21.

27. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Live Aug 30, 2015, 22:28 Krovven

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 21:45:
Redmask wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 14:45:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 13:07:
Axis wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 09:38:
Shows how little you guys know about PoE. There is no sync issues anymore they built a little thing called lockstep in and NO ARPG has anything like it - it's glorious.

I don't care which one is "best", I had both on my radar for a very long time, but this is they way it played out like it or not.

D3 is a baby arpg, nothing like d2 and nothing unique about it. PoE is the king daddy, true successor to d2 and filled with innovation. You don't have to agree, it's a fact.

So what you are saying is they have horrible netcode and had to jury rig a way to sync the game?
Reminds me of 'Lag shooting' in Mechwarrior 3. You had to double lead your target to compensate for shitty net code.

He has nothing better to do, POE is such a great game that he sits around here spamming about it, jealous of other people having fun in other games rather than actually playing it.

PoE actually is a pretty great ARPG. It's come a long way in the last year or so. They've made a lot of improvements to the netcode and playing in lockstep mode feels pretty good, especially for hardcore. You always know exactly where you and everything else actually are, because you're always in sync with the server.

There are always going to be some things that people don't like or think should be better, but that's pretty much true of every game.

It's kind of weird seeing people talking about it that have only made it into Merciless difficulty, as that's basically the beginning of the game, not the end. They've made the leveling process a lot better in the most recent update. Removed redundant and boring areas, made it easier to access more skills earlier, and generally made the areas more interesting and designed better layouts.

I honestly keep intending to give PoE yet another try as I'm sure it has gotten better, but when I balance the time/effort/enjoyment I end up playing D3 instead. Axis makes the idea of playing PoE a lot less appealing with his gibberish, especially when he is claiming his opinion to be fact. I play games for fun. Every time I have tried PoE, I haven't had fun and if I can't have fun in the first 20 levels, I don't want to spend 50 hours just to find out if the gameplay gets any better.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Core Game Free; Raids Coming
2. Re: Guild Wars 2 Core Game Free; Raids Coming Aug 30, 2015, 13:41 Krovven

A friend has been trying to get me to play it for years. But I never wanted to buy it as I wasn't a big fan of the first one.

Must resist...especially now that Diablo 3 Season 4 has started.

News Comments > Steam Controller Enters Top 10
1. Re: Steam Controller Enters Top 10 Aug 30, 2015, 13:27 Krovven

If it wasn't through EB, I'd preorder the controller, but I refuse to give that shitty company my money. I'll wait for NCIX or someone else to sell it.

20. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Live Aug 30, 2015, 13:23 Krovven

Axis wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 12:36:
Krowen didn't you plow your head into the sand and ignore me? Unless you are a glutten for self-punishment, you may want to do that.

Oh you are absolutely on ignore...some days however I even want to see the sheer stupidity from those I ignore, if for nothing more than entertainment and to remind me how much better than you I am.

17. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Live Aug 30, 2015, 12:27 Krovven

Axis wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 09:38:
You don't have to agree, it's a fact.

You really are pathetic. Plenty will agree with that.

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
12. Re: Diablo III Patched Aug 26, 2015, 03:41 Krovven

and Bovine Bardiche is Cow Level. Of course I got rid of all of the ones I got in Season before I knew this.

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
10. Re: Diablo III Patched Aug 25, 2015, 23:40 Krovven

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 21:33:
Re: needing Cube materials in your inventory (since quoting isn't working for me...)

They obviously made a conscious choice to go with the Diablo 2 style crafting grid as opposed to the "click a button to do it for you" way that everything else works. I don't know if they'll backtrack on something so pointedly old-school, an effort to blatantly pander to series veterans that do nothing but bitch about how the older games are better.

I don't expect during this season they will change it to pull the materials from Stash. It makes sense to have it pull from Stash and would be in line with everything else crafting. After being required to be in inventory, every other crafting method was changed over time to become easier and easier. I expect this will change too. I do really hope they change it sooner rather than later.

It's a minor annoyance, but it's going to be a frequent mundane balance of Stash vs Inventory space for trading the components between toon. So hopefully they change it sooner or later.

Patch is great and looking forward to Season 4 to start. Time to go spent way too many hours farming Bounty materials for non-season.

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen
177. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 25, 2015, 18:34 Krovven

dsmart wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 16:36:
Tigger wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 16:19:

Are you hoping to take it over?

hahaha, don't be silly. Nope. No interest whatsoever.

In fact, some White Knight sent me this letter today (which he also posted on his Star Citizen fan site that he owns) telling me nonsense about being "invited to the table". I mean seriously, people are whacked.

In my tweet here, you can see my reply, and a Dropbox link to his letter

Don't you think you have better things to be doing with your time? Like maybe trying to fix your game to point where someone actually plays it? 0 people playing LoD MMO and LoD Tactics.

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Aug 25, 2015, 04:57 Krovven

jdreyer wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 03:07:
Krovven wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 20:42:
yonder wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 20:35:
I'm SHOCKED that Polygon would resort to a hyperbolic complaint.

But seriously... it's evident that someone hasn't seen Battlefield Earth.

How is it exaggerated? And what does this have to do with one of the worst movies ever made? Exaggerated headline, absolutely, that's surprising how? They are spot on about the use of the Dutch Angle here though. It's misused, overused and out of place in Thor.

Meh, the Dutch angle helps communicate the disorientation Thor feels at losing his powers and being exiled.

And it works in most of the scenes that it involves him. Problem is the majority of its use does not have him in the scene, and when he does have his powers back, it's still used.

120. Re: What We Have Here Is A Failure To Communicate Aug 25, 2015, 02:05 Krovven

dsmart wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 23:21:
Drayth wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 19:46:
Krovven wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 19:42:
Derek Smart flat out makes the accusation in his blog that Star Citizen crowdfunding money went towards funding a movie she was in. Derek has no proof of this and instead posts clips of said movie to confuse people with the claim it's proof of something fishy going on.

NOW it makes (some) sense. Thanks.

Actually no, that's false. Also bullshit.

The movie she allegedly made was a separate issue, with a separate link (PDF) to the filmographer who shot it. And anyone opening the PDF link will clearly see CIG in there.

The jumgle movie short she was in, was a completely different context than the above, and completely unrelated.

You know, English isn't that hard. Anyone can search the blog for the word "mandy" and see everything, complete with links.

Aside from all this, there are also issues and questions related to the distribution of wealth which in turn calls into question the issue of nepotism (which, for the record, I have no problems with, if the family members are competent and are not disproportionately compensated) whereby Sandra Roberts (née Sandi Gardiner, who he is reported to have met while she was his intern at one of the studios he worked at; though we still don’t even if know yet if that is her real maiden name as here she’s called Mandy taken from her filmography) wife (why this is such a closely guarded secret, still eludes most of us; but my legal investigators are still working on that one) of Chris Roberts, having been caught lying in various (1, 2 @18:45) public statements about her credentials (which appears to be the continuation of a pattern of wanton dishonesty that plagues this project) is somehow part of the machine that runs this project without any accountability to the very backers like myself who made it possible and who are seeking answers.

dsmart 8 hours 18 minutes ago
I don’t even know why I have to explain this.

It has NOTHING to do with anything. The fact is that it was a movie clip. That clip is actually referenced in her IMDB filmography which is where her character is called “Mandy”. The tongue-in-cheek comment that I made about this, was just that. *sheesh*

Also, none of that explains why the clip is now gone, does it?

First things first. Below we have a quote from your blog where you make the accusation that funding was used to fund her movie. So fuck you for claiming what I said was false.

And now with backer money, he’s paying himself a high salary, living the life of luxury in a house on Pacific Palisades reported to cost over $11K per month in rent, luxury vehicles, staff, funding his wife’s pet movie projects, flying all over the world etc. All with backer money that was crowd-funded for the development of Star Citizen.

Have you even read that paragraph you quoted? It barely makes sense and reads as if you are too stupid to understand that "Mandy" (actually Mandi) was a character from that movie clip that you claimed was "evidence" that they were removing to hide from you. You even post stating the clip has been saved locally as evidence. It's a fucking scene from a bad movie in 2007!!! It's not evidence against CiG.

"though we still don’t even if know yet if that is her real maiden name as here she’s called Mandy taken from her filmography" What? This reads like you don't know what the fuck you are saying.

Doing a search for "Mandy" shows no PDF's you refer to. Searching for "PDF" shows nothing. In fact the ONLY mention of Mandy prior to the update was the line I quoted above. Everything else was in the Comments of the article.

Finally, the irony of calling someone out for allegedly not attending UCLA...by someone that lied about having a PhD.
You've also been caught posting under other names to support your garbage on this very site. So...why should anyone trust you about anything?

This comment was edited on Aug 25, 2015, 02:11.

6. Re: Into the Black Aug 24, 2015, 23:12 Krovven

mag wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 22:31:
Krovven wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 20:42:

How is it exaggerated? And what does this have to do with one of the worst movies ever made? Exaggerated headline, absolutely, that's surprising how? They are spot on about the use of the Dutch Angle here though. It's misused, overused and out of place in Thor.

Battlefield Earth is notorious for its overuse of it. Every. Single. Scene. is shot with it, at sometimes ridiculous angles. Most of the movie feels like it's at a 45 degree angle.

But that's not why it's one of the worst movies ever made and still has nothing to do with discussing it's misuse in Thor.

4. Re: Into the Black Aug 24, 2015, 20:42 Krovven

107. Re: What We Have Here Is A Failure To Communicate Aug 24, 2015, 19:42 Krovven

Kxmode wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 19:13:
Scheherazade wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 19:03:
Drayth wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 19:00:
Scheherazade wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 18:55:

Eg. The 'at the beach' clip is some friend of Sandi, referring to Sandi by a nick name, and standing around on the beach and making fun of other people on the beach (re. dress/hair style/etc).

That was actually a clip from a movie she did. The nickname was her character's name. It's on IMDB even.

Thanks for clarifying.

Again, what does this have to do with SC or 'evidence' of anything SC related?

-scheherazade

She's an actress, not the vice president of marketing. A vice president of anything has to spend years, decades even, in said discipline to obtain such a position. When you look at her IMDB record you can see from 1999 to 2009 she acted. "What does this have to do with SC or 'evidence' of anything SC related?" Is goes to one of the points Derek was trying to make in his articles about nepotism. She was given a high paid position for which she wasn't qualified to handle. Worse, the marketing work is actually handled by underlings who are paid much less. There's a promise to the investors that all money be taken care of in a respectful manner. What does it say when someone unqualified to hold the position is taking likely a sizable salary instead of someone qualified to be the VP of Marketing?

All that aside. I will say that Sandi was VERY professional when working with me. I can confirmed she worked directly with me to give me my refund. She was very hands on and I thought she was very nice. She would make an awesome VP of Customer Service. That I believe she is very much qualified for.

Derek Smart flat out makes the accusation in his blog that Star Citizen crowdfunding money went towards funding a movie she was in. Derek has no proof of this and instead posts clips of said movie to confuse people with the claim it's proof of something fishy going on.

While I have never agreed with the business model they are using and I think people are suckers for buying into it with thousands of dollars, I hope they bury Derek Smart for his personal and slanderous attacks.

2. Re: Into the Black Aug 24, 2015, 18:37 Krovven

Didn't bother me either at the time, but it didn't help the movie either. There was no need to "disorient or unease the viewer" in this movie. Kenneth Branagh always seemed like a strange director choice for this type of movie and I don't think it worked very well. Thor wasn't horrible by any stretch, but it could have been much better.

94. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 24, 2015, 18:24 Krovven

harlock wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 17:34:
Krovven wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 17:30:
Helps if you post some context to that Harlock. At least post the link instead of a quote that means nothing out of context.

the link is in the post above.. its right here on every page - since this comment thread is about this post, id have hoped you could figure that out

its the very first text you see when you click on the fucking link lol

I wasn't trying to be nasty. The quote may be from the link above, you know that, but someone reading your quote doesn't know that. That's why I asked for some context or a link. I read the link above earlier...I'm not going back to it multiple times a day to keep up on it just to be able to understand someones quotes done out of context.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
37. removed Aug 24, 2015, 17:39 Krovven

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 25, 2015, 15:30.

83. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 24, 2015, 17:30 Krovven

Helps if you post some context to that Harlock. At least post the link instead of a quote that means nothing out of context.

80. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 24, 2015, 17:26 Krovven

Desalus wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 16:42:
I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm glad Derek is doing this. Perhaps if it was a different individual doing this people's reaction would be much more positive. Who doesn't want more transparency from a company that has has taken in millions of dollars from fans and then failed to deliver on its goals?

I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone that would disagree about wanting more transparency regarding crowdfunded titles. Fact is though, they do not owe anyone that transparency, nor does the law require it. It's like donating to the Red Cross and then suing them to see their accounting books. It's retarded. Derek Smart is WAY off base with this one and he should have let it go when they refunded his money.

7441 Comments. 373 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo