Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 7409 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Browder: Heroes of the Storm Addressing MMR & Leoric Backdooring
2. Re: Browder: Heroes of the Storm Addressing MMR & Leoric Backdooring Aug 1, 2015, 23:49 Krovven

Matchmaking IS horrible. I posted a week or two ago that I tried HoTS and liked it. My experience at that point was all bots and 1 human match. Since then I'be played maybe half a dozen matches and all of them were over within the first few minutes due to one team drastically out leveling the other. Not actually over, but the rest of the game was the winning team just having to push through the defences.

The MM doesn't seem to factor in player levels at all so almost every game is extremely mismatched, which is never fun. It''s ridiculous that people can even do Quick Match before completing the tutorials and learning the map objectives. They are so obvious and right in your face on the loading screen...but people still ignore them and just fight creep's and enemy heroes, despite the pinging and messages of where to help with objectives.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GOG.com & Windows 10
25. Re: GOG.com & Windows 10 Jul 29, 2015, 23:08 Krovven

Wait, so your stupid "jokes" that have no basis in reality have more merit than my personal experiences or those of people on GoG pointing out compatibility problems?

Somebody sure has their head shoved pretty far up their own ass. As per usual.

Let's also be clear, the first may have been a joke, the second time you were reiterating your opinion. It wasn't a joke so don't try to claim it was.

21. Re: GOG.com & Windows 10 Jul 29, 2015, 15:51 Krovven

They aren't funny though, nor are they accurate. You did it in both of your posts and looks foolish. Then the other tards chime in with their me-too shit.

So why can't this just be about GoG following through on their business model and not be about flinging shit at other platforms that leave compatibility as the Publishers responsibility?

18. Re: GOG.com & Windows 10 Jul 29, 2015, 15:01 Krovven

descender wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 14:17:
Couldn't you just be happy about the fact that GOG had to announce did this, and stop making shit up about Valve that you have no idea about in the process?

Try not to be such a sucker for marketing, jesus...

I started a post to comment on this before but held my tongue.

Creston, your statements about Valve are pure conjecture and look like GoG fanbois bullshit.

#1 (and this goes for everyone) Understand the differences between the business models before you start comparing apples and oranges and make yourselves look like fools.

Compatibility between Operating Systems for games....NOT VALVES RESPONSIBILITY! GoG has made it their responsibility in order to get the business from Pubs that couldn't give a crap about their old games. If GoG stopped doing this, they would go out of business, plain and simple.

Just to add, Galaxy is crap. Their app before it was also crap. I make do because of The Witcher 3, otherwise I simply wouldn't use it like I never used their old one. Reality is GoG barely see's my money. I rarely play old games over again and they don't sell 99.99% of new games. So without the The Witcher 3 I wouldn't be using it at all right now.

Something else to be clear about with GoG, just because they say it's compatible, doesn't make it so. For games I'm interested in picking up, I always check the forums first. Dungeon Keeper 2 as an example didn't work for a lot of people when it was first released on GoG and it stayed this way for the better part of a year or so. It got fixed, I purchased it. There are others (that I've seen) and I'm sure even more as it's not like I've checked every game forum on GoG.

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 2015, 15:11.

13. Re: GOG.com & Windows 10 Jul 29, 2015, 14:08 Krovven

People don't seem to understand this isn't Steams business model. It is GoGs. Publishers on Steam are responsible for their own games. GoG pitches to the Pubs to take care of compatibility for them.

Honestly really fucking* (Samsungs auto correct is worse than iPhones) tired of GoG vs Steam bullshit. GoG doesn't get new games aside from the rare exception. As far as I'm concerned they aren't even competitors.

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 2015, 14:56.

3. Re: GOG.com & Windows 10 Jul 29, 2015, 12:18 Krovven

Creston wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 10:45:
Love or hate Windows 10, what GOG is doing to prepare for it is fantastic.

Over at Steam, they're like "Yeah whatever. Who gives a shit whether it'll work or not."

Or GoG is just blowing smoke up your ass. From what I've understood Windows 10 has less problems with backward compatibility than Windows 7. This from GoG comes across to me as nothing more than a "perception" campaign.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Jul 29, 2015, 12:13 Krovven

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 21:47:
Cutter wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 19:05:
Lulz! Watch Dogs has been on reseller sites at $2 or less for months now.

$2 ? Ouch. What site are you talking about, g2a.com? I'll buy if it'll be a real key(that doesn't get revoked a week later, etc.)

*EDIT* hrmm, yeah like $3.29 currently for a Uplay key. It must be pretty terrible.

Bought it a couple months ago for $2 from g2a and haven't had my key revoked. Haven't really got around to playing it yet though. It's been as low as $1.75 or so. Just get the g2a shield insurance and it'll be fine.

News Comments > The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming
41. Re: The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming Jul 29, 2015, 00:57 Krovven

So much content I'm in no hurry to rush through the game. I'll probably be playing it off and on all year. No problem with that. Ironically, after trying the new movement system I quickly switched back to the default.

News Comments > Victor Vran Released
24. Re: Victor Vran Released Jul 24, 2015, 20:18 Krovven

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 19:51:
Krovven wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 17:00:
Care to link your source? I think you just read it wrong.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/345180/discussions/0/541906989397425131/

Well he seems confused. Same guy said it was Andrew 3 days ago.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/345180/discussions/0/....

20. Re: Victor Vran Released Jul 24, 2015, 17:00 Krovven

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 15:43:
Krovven wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 14:57:
Desalus wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 12:00:
Alamar wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 11:13:
"I hunt demons for a living"... WTF is Geralt doing hunting demons here?

I had the same exact thought. Seems like they are trying to capitalize on the success of the Witcher by having the same voice actor or someone who sounds exactly like him.

It's Andrew Wincott, the original English language voice actor from The Witcher. Not the current voice of Doug Cockle (TW2/TW3).

From Dev over on steam:
"You're not wrong. Victor Vran is voiced by Doug Cockle."

As for the voice, I wouldn't mind him trying something different in one of many ways. Vic is the Witcha!

Care to link your source? I think you just read it wrong.

Mnementh [developer] 21 Jul @ 6:07am
Originally posted by Fjuczers:
is that Kevan Brighting ? Sounds like him but im not sure...
No, the Voice is voiced by Andrew Wincott.

In another thread, someone (not a dev) said Cockle's name was in the credits. That may be true, but this dev specifically stated it was Andrew.

16. Re: Victor Vran Released Jul 24, 2015, 14:57 Krovven

Desalus wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 12:00:
Alamar wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 11:13:
"I hunt demons for a living"... WTF is Geralt doing hunting demons here?

I had the same exact thought. Seems like they are trying to capitalize on the success of the Witcher by having the same voice actor or someone who sounds exactly like him.

It's Andrew Wincott, the original English language voice actor from The Witcher. Not the current voice of Doug Cockle (TW2/TW3).

As for your suggestion...that's just stupid. Is an actor not supposed to work again after they do voice for one character almost 10 years ago? By your claim, everything this actor has done since 2007 was those companies just trying to capitalize on the success of the Witcher.

News Comments > Smedley Leaves Daybreak
13. Re: Smedley Leaves Daybreak Jul 23, 2015, 15:48 Krovven

Slashman wrote on Jul 23, 2015, 14:08:
Who could ever forget the trains in the Estate of Unrest? Sweatdrop

Or in Blackburrow, Mistmoore, Karnors or even a Halfling making his run through West Karana to get to Qeynos, while training everything behind him.

EQ was indeed a unique experience. One I played for many years off and on. I have many fond memories, but looking back the game was a full time job and a massive time sink.

Never again.

News Comments > Win10 Gamer Primer
31. Re: Win10 Gamer Primer Jul 22, 2015, 17:27 Krovven

Xero wrote on Jul 22, 2015, 09:50:
It's funny because this Xbox crap is the main reason I DO NOT look forward to Win10 despite willing to upgrade from Win7. Hey, it's free after all.

But why do they need to migrate Xbox gamers with PC gamers? If I'm a PC gamer, I do not XBONE or want anything to do with it and I'm sure it's likewise with the Xbone users. Why would they want a PC around them when they are xboning?

I know it's similar platform and MS owns both, but that doesn't mean we want to be together! Get that thru your head.

Sony did this with the Z3 Xperia. It would be cool and all if I owned a Playstation 4... Since I do not, the extra features are useless on the phone and I end up chalking this phone to be the worse phone I've ever owned.

Why don't you get it through your head that not every gamer is an elitist jerk beholden to just one platform. The functionality is there for those that do want it. If you don't want it, uninstall it and don't use it. Is that too hard for you to figure out?

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Team League Bans Coming
3. Re: Heroes of the Storm Team League Bans Coming Jul 22, 2015, 16:31 Krovven

Just tried Heroes of the Storm for the first time last night. It's not bad. Definitely more "casual" than say LoL or DoTA2, but that's fine by me as I hate MOBA's in general. That dislike has been entirely due to the whole tag npcs for gold/xp etc. It is just an awful game mechanic.

My only reason for trying it out was to get to level 12 just to get the Hearthstone card back. I enjoyed it enough that I won't just give up after a couple hours. However we'll see if I want to keep playing after I get to level 12.

News Comments > GTA Online Bonuses
7. Re: GTA Online Bonuses Jul 21, 2015, 16:46 Krovven

Yosemite Sam wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 13:56:
Krovven wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 19:08:
I'm still wondering when they will add bonuses that long time players will give a crap about.

Money bonus, ok. Helpful. On just one event, not helpful.

RP bonuses at any time...only helpful to those still leveling up.

Discounts on stuff I already bought a long time ago...not helpful.

I give a crap and I'm as long time as one can be. Didn't have any armored Karumas, bought two at half price. I finally started a second character so the RP is nice and double cash on heists, sweet, double cash on Humane Labs, super sweet!

So you made another toon, which completely is in line with what I said. Most of the bonuses are useless unless you are still levelling up.

Having a cash bonus on one event or play list is lame. Generally everything they put cash bonuses on are things I don't play. Im done with Heists. They are mostly a massive waste of time. Too many idiots with no clue what they are doing or disconnect all the time. It's much easier and more fun to chain missions.

News Comments > GTA Online Bonuses
2. Re: GTA Online Bonuses Jul 20, 2015, 19:08 Krovven

I'm still wondering when they will add bonuses that long time players will give a crap about.

Money bonus, ok. Helpful. On just one event, not helpful.

RP bonuses at any time...only helpful to those still leveling up.

Discounts on stuff I already bought a long time ago...not helpful.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC
32. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC Jul 19, 2015, 23:44 Krovven

ForgedReality wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 22:05:
Krovven wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 21:07:
gravity wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 18:45:
Flatline wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 18:28:
Also, the new controls scheme is MUCH better.

*DITTO* on this^ - I'm much happier with enabling alternate controls. I almost wish they had enabled it by default, as it's much improved.

I feel like Geralt is less... confused?

While I didn't really have a problem with the way Geralt moved before, I do like the more responsive alternate system now, which basically feels like Witcher 2.

Framerate hasn't changed that much for me, as I was already sitting at 50fps, but I am able to have hairworks at 8x instead of 4x with everything else maxed. The single biggest boost though is foilage draw distance. Drop that to medium instead of max and I gain 10fps. So with everything maxed except that I'm sitting at an average of 50fps.

Yeah I was fine with the way it was before. I enabled the alternate mode and didn't notice anything different. Can someone point it out for me? Maybe I just play differently than everyone else or something, somehow.

Fewer animations when he starts and stops movement as well as turning.

27. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC Jul 19, 2015, 21:07 Krovven

gravity wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 18:45:
Flatline wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 18:28:
Also, the new controls scheme is MUCH better.

*DITTO* on this^ - I'm much happier with enabling alternate controls. I almost wish they had enabled it by default, as it's much improved.

I feel like Geralt is less... confused?

While I didn't really have a problem with the way Geralt moved before, I do like the more responsive alternate system now, which basically feels like Witcher 2.

Framerate hasn't changed that much for me, as I was already sitting at 50fps, but I am able to have hairworks at 8x instead of 4x with everything else maxed. The single biggest boost though is foilage draw distance. Drop that to medium instead of max and I gain 10fps. So with everything maxed except that I'm sitting at an average of 50fps.

19. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC Jul 19, 2015, 17:13 Krovven

Kxmode wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 17:00:
Awesome! Geralt lost a lost of weight. Before the patch he weighed 112/160 pounds. Now he weighs 55/160 pounds. Thanks CD Projekt Red Diet Systems!

10/10 would force Geralt's fat ass to diet again.

"∑ All crafting components and alchemy ingredients now weigh nothing."

I don't think most people were having an issue with weight due to the Saddlebags, but I think this is more to help the hoarders and those broom collectors.

15. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC Jul 19, 2015, 16:50 Krovven

LOL 7gb patch. Bigger than many games.  

7409 Comments. 371 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo