Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6860 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale This Week
5. Re: Steam Autumn Sale This Week Nov 23, 2014, 16:28 Krovven

siapnar wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 14:51:
jimnms wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 12:12:
The same stuff and same that goes on sale in the fall is repeated during the winter sale, and they'll probably do the card crap during the winter sale again. You might as well wait and spend your money then so you can sell the cards to make a little back.
I vaguely remember this card thing they had going.
You get cards for each purchase, but you're saying you can sell them back or soemthing?

Sell them on the Market in Steam.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Nov 22, 2014, 00:54 Krovven

DangerDog wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 21:56:
are we heading for another "Atari" sized console market implosion?

Sarcasm or you didn't read the article and just the title?

Instead of the projected 2.2 billion, they only made 2.09 billion...good lord, what will they ever do?

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective
20. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 19, 2014, 00:41 Krovven

Asmo wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 22:20:
I was stuck with the deliberate bug in Titan Quest where early in the first act, performance would go to crap and it would be unplayable. I went to the forums and was ridiculed and abused by posters and stuff alike for pirating the game, as it was deliberately included to kick in for hacked versions.

My problem, once I'd established with IL that I was a legitimate customer, was that securom was allowing the game to load but then insisting my disk was a copy and kicking in the deliberate corruption bomb once I'd start playing the game.

So yeah, while I'm happy for game companies to try and combat piracy, I get pissed as fuck when it affects their paying customers. If you can't discriminate well enough, don't fucking bother...

So you were ridiculed and abused by posters...not the dev team.

It's widely known that the game had this problem. It was a problem with the DRM on legit CD copies. I may not be remembering this correctly, but I think it was actually the other way around...people that pirated the game didn't have this problem.

As for comparisons, I do recall the first few days after Tribes was released. It was hilarious seeing all the idiots that didn't even change their name before playing. They were all running around with "DaJackal" over their heads.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 4
30. Re: Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 4 Nov 18, 2014, 16:35 Krovven

Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 15:38:
Beamer wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 15:30:
FC3 had no infinite respawns

Well..... Technically it did, right? I mean, if you wipe out a patrol of bad guys, more of them will show up randomly.

This only applies if you never take over nearby Outposts. Once you take over an outpost, enemy activity and reinforcements just driving or walking by drops to next to zero.

"Keep in mind that both Pirates and Privateers will not be seen in the game world much after you have liberated all the outposts.
After patch 1.05, all outposts can be reset when the player has completed the story line."

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 16, 2014, 15:34 Krovven

So as I was saying last week...I'm surprised Ubisoft hasn't been unloading FarCry 3 on the cheap...

And sold!

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Preorders
9. Re: Pillars of Eternity Preorders Nov 12, 2014, 14:46 Krovven

Loose Cannon wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 11:34:
They're offering a fairly normal pre-order discount.

Offering a 10% discount for 2 weeks and then pulling it when the game doesn't even come out until next year; and they aren't even showing what the pre-order bonuses are yet...this isn't "normal".

I'm not playing a marketing game.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS
52. Re: Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS Nov 7, 2014, 05:54 Krovven

KilrathiAce wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 22:10:
It also requires uplay and you no longer can buy it on steam. I am glad this way I dont have to see any more crap from ubi anymore. Hope UBI just dissapears.

Far Cry 3
http://store.steampowered.com/app/220240

They removed Far Cry 4, which at this point I don't care about as I won't be paying launch price anyways.

46. Re: Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS Nov 6, 2014, 19:53 Krovven

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 17:46:
Krovven wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 17:40:
I've been watching for FarCry 3 to go on sale for about a month, and nothing. I'm surprised Ubisoft isn't throwing FC3 up for sale to generate more interest or even including it as a pre-order bonus.

Far Cry 3 was on sale more than a few times the past year or so, I expect it'll be on sale again for the Steam Holiday sale if you want to wait. I got it for like $7.50 or something and it was easily worth 2-3x that, by any measurement.

isthereanydeal.com shows it was that low like 7 months ago on gmg.com, so you may have to look outside of Steam to find a really low price.

Yes, but I said the last month, which is when I've had a computer that can run it properly. And I want it on Steam otherwise I could have got it from either Humble or GMG, forget where I saw it recently.

I'm just surprised that Ubisoft hasn't been doing fire sales on FC3 as most companies do when a new version of a series is coming out.

43. Re: Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS Nov 6, 2014, 17:40 Krovven

I've been watching for FarCry 3 to go on sale for about a month, and nothing. I'm surprised Ubisoft isn't throwing FC3 up for sale to generate more interest or even including it as a pre-order bonus.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed
34. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 4, 2014, 16:03 Krovven

Rockstar I hate you. No question I'll be buying this again.

News Comments > Dragon Age Keep Open Demo
17. Re: Dragon Age Keep Open Demo Oct 30, 2014, 16:22 Krovven

sauron wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 10:24:
I tried hard to love DA:O, but it needs so much micromanagement. I really like it, but TES games are much more my thing, very freeform and a little looser around the edges.

Micromanagement? Sure to a point, but nothing unexpected. Did you never play Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale...or any of those style of games? It's the same for all of them and that should not change as far as I'm concerned.

Every TES game needs to be modded heavily to make them worth playing and fix up the UI.

News Comments > Next-Gen Grand Theft Auto V Bonuses for Returning Players
22. Re: Next-Gen Grand Theft Auto V Bonuses for Returning Players Oct 29, 2014, 03:26 Krovven

NKD wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 23:56:
Krovven wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 16:35:
I don't think I'll ever play it on PS3 again...but despite my disdain for Rockstar, I am tempted to get GTAV on PC and will likely crumble when the release date rolls around.

Just get that shit through alternate means. Don't fall for Rockstar's double and triple dipping nonsense.

But the whole point would be to pick up where I left off with the Online game. As they have said that your online toon will carry over to PC/PS4/xbone for those that want it. And whenever Heists do finally come out, I'll be playing it on PC with others.

If all I cared about was playing the single player again, I'd just do that on PS3.

Wishing there was a mouse/keyboard with analog buttons...for driving.

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com
80. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com Oct 28, 2014, 18:42 Krovven

Shok wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 18:07:
Yeah, I ran across that article a few months back. All the url's for mod files are 404's After all, the article is 4 years old...

And if you Google search those mod names, you can easily still find them.

I don't own X-Wing Alliance or I might try this out. But I'm guessing you don't get all the story stuff doing it this way, just the missions.

79. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com Oct 28, 2014, 18:33 Krovven

Verno wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 18:26:
Krovven wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 16:41:
I want to know how the current releases function and how they look and at what resolutions are available...among other issues, features, etc.

People are probably busy, presumably like you since you weren't volunteering that information for them either.

Because I don't blindly buy old shit off GOG hoping that it works properly. See my last post. If you already have the Collectors Series CDs, this GOG release is a waste of money and isn't even the newest version of those games.

78. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com Oct 28, 2014, 18:30 Krovven

Reposting this as I edited my last post.

Just came across this this guide here to get the Collectors Series CDs installed on Win7 64bit systems.

I just went through the instructions for installing Tie Fighter and it worked without issue. So if you own the Collectors Series CDs, you are better off installing that than buying the GOG low res release.

68. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com Oct 28, 2014, 17:35 Krovven

DangerDog wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 17:05:

seems like the answers are on gog forums

[url=http://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_star_wars_tie_fighter_special_edition/page7[/url]

looks like you can either run it in dos mode (320x200) or windows 95 mode which uses xwing vs tie fighter engine that takes away more than it gives, mainly dynamic music and messes up the physics for the sake of multiplayer balance - even though this is single player.

people are clamoring for the 95 collectors cd edition that's not part of the release.

In 1995, TIE Fighter also received a Collector's CD-ROM. The CD-ROM version offered optional enhanced SVGA graphics, increasing the game's resolution from 320x200 to 640x480.[2] The cinematic cutscenes were also enhanced, and the game received numerous voiceovers. The CD-ROM includes the previously released Defender of the Empire expansion and an additional Enemies of the Empire expansion.

Yea I own the Collectors Series and it won't install. And seeing as what is on GOG is the older, lower res version...I'll be passing on this.

Just came across this guide here to get the Collectors Series installed. I haven't tried it yet. But might be worth a look for some.

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2014, 17:43.

63. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com Oct 28, 2014, 16:41 Krovven

OMG you guys are pathetic. I didn't even say anything bad about the games and you are immediately getting into defensive fanboy mode.

Peoples nostalgia over how the original games means nothing to me. As my nostalgia over the games would mean nothing to you.

I want to know how the current releases function and how they look and at what resolutions are available...among other issues, features, etc.

Guess I'll just go get my answers from another forum where people don't have giant sticks shoved up their ass.

16. Re: Next-Gen Grand Theft Auto V Bonuses for Returning Players Oct 28, 2014, 16:36 Krovven

DangerDog wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 16:31:
does it use player hosted or instanced servers for multiplayer?

Both. They are hosted. And you can open private instanced games (that are still hosted).

15. Re: Next-Gen Grand Theft Auto V Bonuses for Returning Players Oct 28, 2014, 16:35 Krovven

Creston wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 15:28:
Mac wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 15:22:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 14:20:
Other then the increase to 30 people online there's nothing about online. All this nice new shiny stuff is single player, always shown as single player. What's getting implemented online is going to be the deciding factor for me. Otherwise I'll wait for the price to drop.

GTA in multiplayer have always been a car crash (literally) ... GTA is just about the SP ... only reason to play them!

Yeah, not anymore. MP in GTA5 is a blast.

Indeed. But where are the Heists? It's been over a year now and a majory advertised selling point of the game has still not been released. But people are suing Sega over advertised graphics in ACM.

It's unacceptable. As is how poorly they handled the launch of Online, with all the cheating, failed events (on PS3), etc. I gave up after I think the 4th patch that attempted and failed to do anything about cheaters and the Beach Bum pack that the new missions didn't work for about the first week after release. Beach Bum event weekend was also broken on the PS3 and never happened.

With all that said, I don't know what it's like now, because I haven't played it in 10 months. Heists are still missing, but we know that.

I don't think I'll ever play it on PS3 again...but despite my disdain for Rockstar, I am tempted to get GTAV on PC and will likely crumble when the release date rolls around.

58. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com Oct 28, 2014, 15:59 Krovven

nin wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 15:41:
Task wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 15:39:
Krovven wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 15:30:
So 51 posts and not one of you has bought these new versions and posted impressions. Just a whole lotta yammering about nostalgia.

I'm at work... so all I can do is go on wookieepedia and post about Keyan Farlander and Maarek Stele fun nostaglia facts and twiddle my thumbs until I get home.

If he doesn't like the posts, he's welcome to leave.

And yeah, some of us have day jobs. He should try it.

Not everyone works the same days, at the same times, and not everyone is in the same time-zones, you loud mouthed dipshit. But clearly you still like to continue posting shit about people while hiding behind the ignore function.

51 posts and no impressions...clearly nobody is buying this, yet. Being midday has never stopped anyone from posting impressions almost immediately before.

6860 Comments. 343 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo