Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6951 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evolve Unlocks in Match-3 Game
5. Re: Evolve Unlocks in Match-3 Game Jan 31, 2015, 16:04 Krovven

jdreyer wrote on Jan 31, 2015, 14:13:
The Plan:
1. Buy Evolve.
2. Get app
3. Give app to obsessive child
4. Child completes all unlocks
5. Profit.

The only thing they have done right is not have the DLC split the community. Everything else has been an utter fail and example of how not to market your game. I could be wrong, but didn't they say they weren't going to have micro transactions? Well they didn't lie. They don't have micro transactions in the game...just in the mobile companion game.

Why would you support this kind of business model? Never mind that everything about the gameplay looks like boring shit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
21. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 29, 2015, 17:05 Krovven

All i can say is, at this time, we have no fear of super intelligent Ai coming from the games industry. Nobody has been pushing that envelope.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 1 Ends Next Week (Probably)
10. Re: Diablo III Season 1 Ends Next Week (Probably) Jan 28, 2015, 22:30 Krovven

Alamar wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 20:58:
Ward wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 19:34:
I remember they promised there would never be seasons for D3. Just another example of the POS that this game became.

I would love to see this quote (in it's entirety)...

Specifically I believe they said there would never be Ladders, in the same form they were in Diablo 2.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jan 27, 2015, 17:41 Krovven

I have basically lost all interest in this now.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Next Month
53. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Next Month Jan 26, 2015, 19:45 Krovven

Parias wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 17:36:
So did they get rid of the forced-hyperjumps for Homeworld 2? That was the one thing that annoyed the hell out of me; you had to deliberately avoid triggering events in a given mission that would force you into the next one until you were actually ready, or you'd end up spontaneously jumping.

I hated that so much compared to the original which let you control this. And I LIKED occasionally watching all my ships dock / form up before the end of a mission, damnit!

I disliked that as well. The upside is you didn't spend 20min after the mission collecting resources like in Homeworld 1. The downside was that you also didn't get time to rebuild your fleet before the next mission and it forced you to the next mission while giving you all the resources from the previous map.

Personally I prefered the method in Homeworld 1. While I'm collecting resources im rebuilding any lost units before moving on. This time at the end gave you the quiet and emptiness an quiet of space and really added to the ambiance which the soundtrack just emphasized.

News Comments > The Witcher III Video; Previews
10. Re: The Witcher III Video; Previews Jan 26, 2015, 19:38 Krovven

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 19:19:
reminds me of Read Dead.

Is that the prequel to Typing of the Dead?

49. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Next Month Jan 26, 2015, 17:37 Krovven

Talutha wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 17:32:
Here is 37 minutes of footage from PAX South. They've definitely put a ton of work into this game. I've only gone through about 10 minutes of the presentation but they've already talked about how the backgrounds weren't actually textures and how that was difficult to go through, the Mothership in the original was only about 100-200k worth of textures and is now 10Mb, the UI is completely scaleable and no longer static, lighting from beam weapons now spread across the entire playfield and is not static and built in mod support.

Just from what I've heard so far, they've put a lot of effort and love into remaking this into what the original fans want. They've even gotten the original artists to redo all of the cinematics through the game(the painted, comicy looking ones) so those are obviously still true to their original ideas.

I'm super hyped about this. One of the few RTS games I loved and spent a lot of time with as a child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRtqy0CGur4&x-yt-ts=1421914688&x-yt-cl=84503534

Nice vid. Switched over to watching this one.

Mod support via Steam Workshop! They actually hired one (maybe more) of the Homeworld modders that has been modding the game for years to come in and work on improving the mod support for the Remaster.

Bring on updated versions of the Battlestar Galactica and Star Wars mods

46. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Next Month Jan 26, 2015, 17:23 Krovven

Gamespot Homeworld Remastered Article

During voice over recording for Homeworld 2, complications with the Canadian actress who voiced Karan Sjet--your Fleet Intelligence--in the first game, Heidi Ernest, led to her role being recast for the second game. For Homeworld Remastered Collection, Gearbox went back to Ernest and had her record all mothership dialogue for the new Homeworld 2. Additionally, composer Paul Ruskay had the original recording tapes for the soundtrack, allowing Gearbox to re-implement Homeworld's original soundtrack for the collection.

So awesome. So excited!

45. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Next Month Jan 26, 2015, 17:12 Krovven

https://www.youtube.com/user/Linuturk/videos

PAX South 2015 Gearbox Homeworld Remastered panel.

If someone has a link to better quality, please post.

News Comments > Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud
24. Re: Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud Jan 26, 2015, 16:01 Krovven

walrus1 wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 15:08:
I wonder if this is actually legal. One could claim this would be like buying a grey market camera. Only to have Nikon come to your house and rip it out of your hands since the guy on eBay wasn't an autherized seller. If this happened with me I'd be on the phone with my lawyer.

This is really shitty of Ubisoft and makes me, again, not want to buy their games.

If the keys were sold to them legally, then yes this would be the case.

The claim however is that the keys were stolen and were not theirs to sell. So it's more like, they can take them away from people because they were in possession of stolen goods, even if it was unknowingly.

With that said, the bad PR from shit like this has to easily out value the loss of them not seeing the money from those sales.

39. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Next Month Jan 26, 2015, 15:51 Krovven

I can't wait for this. I've replayed the original game several times, but multiplayer has been a no go for a long time. You also have to play it in sofware mode on modern OS's, so it looks pretty ugly (yet still so pretty).

Disappointed for no Cataclysm, but it's not their fault some idiots don't know how to maintain their archives. I wonder if they might rebuild Cataclysm if the reception and demand is high enough?

I was going to wait to see if this will show up on GMG, but for some reason I have a feeling it's not going to. Gearbox is self publishing through Steam with Steamworks, so they may just skip selling through GMG.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 25, 2015, 14:11 Krovven

Homeworld remastered is available for preorder

Going to wait to see if it shows up on GMG to get a bigger discount, but I am so grabbing this.

News Comments > Diablo III Lag Fixed
3. Re: Diablo III Lag Fixed Jan 21, 2015, 17:35 Krovven

Alamar wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 13:03:
Interesting... I guess the tens of thousands of traceroutes they got from players were moot (or pointed to a specific Blizzard hop).

Honestly, I think this is just their goto stall tactics for the Community Managers. Tell everyone you are looking into it, then put the onus on the user to spend time, get info, post it. It makes it looks like they are gathering info and doing something. But this is exactly what they do every single time they have a "lag issue".

Why do I think this? Because it's approaching a year now and they completely ignore the server lag problems in various areas like Rakkis Crossing, Cesspools, etc. I think it was Blizzcon or something where they were questioned on it and their response "our engineers are always working to improve our servers". basically they don't know what the problem is, so they can't fix it, so they ignore it.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sells > 1M
10. Re: Alien: Isolation Sells > 1M Jan 21, 2015, 17:27 Krovven

garrywong wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 14:09:
Wraith wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 14:01:
They're fooling themselves. Alien Isolation is another missed opportunity. The game itself has great atmosphere but appalling game-play. Lazy AI and no attempt to reconcile the difference between Alien capabilites and the player's. Minimal to no opportunities to strategise. The list goes on and on.

They need an actual game designer.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well so was surprised to see them patting themselves on the back.

What little I've seen of the game, this is the impression I got too.

Am I the only one that thinks 1 million seems really low for multi-platform release with AAA production and the Alien IP?

News Comments > Diablo III "Major Lag"
14. Re: Diablo III Jan 20, 2015, 19:29 Krovven

Completed a rank 40 DH greater rift last night with 4min to spare. New personal record and best Grift rank in our clan. If I can do a rank 42 in less than 13min I'll break the top 1000 in NA for DH's.

Will try a rank 41 tonight...

I really need another Gift to try a decent 2h xbow. Currently using an Ancient Danneta 1h that is 3500 dps.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders
100. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 20, 2015, 15:17 Krovven

Quboid wrote on Jan 18, 2015, 21:31:
Thanks Verno, although I'm not standing up for anything. It's a shame but I don't think this warrants a boycott and I will buy GTA5 once it plays well - i.e. hopefully a few hours after release.

The reaction to this is really rather unexpected. I didn't think anybody would make the argument that removing content is fine because we can just pay for it again so I assumed "download" meant piracy. I was wrong to assume that because "and you pay for them too!" is actually being said as if it is a good thing and I did not see that coming.

And I didn't think anyone would give a shit about some licensed songs from 11 yrs ago being removed from a game that very very people still play, let alone use that as an excuse to boycott a company that makes great games. It's not Rockstars fault that whomever owns the rights said no to renewing the license.

12. Re: Diablo III Jan 20, 2015, 03:22 Krovven

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 22:27:
RNG Jesus was totally on my side... playing normal Torment 1 rifts and ended up finding a map where there was a 30+ group of treasure goblins in a far corner, and yes, each of them had it's duplicated pair the entire screen was full.... joy ;p

Also had the portal open in that encounter... rare luck. I like it

Wait. Vault portal opened in a rift? I thought it can only open in Bounties?

6. Re: Diablo III Jan 19, 2015, 16:11 Krovven

Yesterday afternoon it was laggy off and on but cleared up for most of last night.

I was just playing and the game was playing fine. About 10min ago the lag started back up again.

Really annoyed that I have yet to get a Ramaldini's Gift drop since the patch this week. I've got 2 new Ancient weapons that need Gifts.
Love the goblins! Using the Broken Crown to refill my stock of Topaz gems (enchanting DH rings/amulets).

For the love all that is evil Blizzard, raise the damn Blood Shard cap. 500 is ridiculous! Oh and how about a Shift-click to loot all of the same item type for those massive goblin pack loot explosions?!

News Comments > Sid Meier's Starships Announced
15. Re: Sid Meier's Starships Announced Jan 19, 2015, 14:14 Krovven

I'm willing to bet this is more like Sid Meier's Ace Patrol. A smaller mobile focused game.

I played the demo for Ace Patrol and it seemed pretty good. I just never bothered to buy it on my phone (I never seem to play games on my phone more than 1-3 times) and have other things to play on PC.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders
96. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 18, 2015, 14:41 Krovven

I'm just going to leave this here and hope top stem the flow of ignorance a little.

Social Club Online user made jobs.

Complaining you have to log into Social Club is like complaining about having to log into Steam to use Steam Workshop. Stupid.

6951 Comments. 348 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo