Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Krovven

Real Name Krovven   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Krovven
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 17, 2003, 03:30
Total Comments 6884 (Guru)
User ID 19048

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Transfers Clarified; Specs Next Week
15. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Transfers Clarified; Specs Next Week Dec 18, 2014, 02:35 Krovven

Fion wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 22:17:
Why is it the only GTA games to do good handling were GTA 3 and Vice City? Since then it's gotten progressively worse, though I hear 5 has better handling than 4, it still isn't very good.

It's like San Andreas/Vice City with an analog stick. Not as arcadey, but not as over the top floaty sim style of GTA4. All the vehicles handle quite well.

I just spent some money on World of Tanks, but other than that I have a feeling I'm going to skip the Steam Xmas sale, play what I have and just wait for GTA5 on PC.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Dec 16, 2014, 23:00 Krovven

jdreyer wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 00:38:
Cutter wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 21:41:
Well good thing they're only speaking for Wired, and not the rest of us.

Yeah, true, but I agree with them. What was the last good R Scott movie? American Gangster? And before that, Kingdom of Heaven (director's cut, of course). When was the last time he had two in a row? 15 years ago?

American Gangster, Body of Lies, Robin Hood. 3 in a row and within the last 10 years.

The guy is a master. People need to understand that directors rarely get to edit their own films or even have much say in the final cut. Prometheus being his most recent dud...I blame Fox. They have a looong history of fucking up projects.

Looking through his list of films he directed there is only a few I have never seen, the rest are all above average or stellar films. None I'm really disappointed with other than Prometheus.

He produces 4 times more projects than he directs. If anything he is over working himself and maybe not putting enough focus on each project.

This comment was edited on Dec 16, 2014, 23:09.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Total War: ROME II: Wrath of Sparta
3. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Total War: ROME II: Wrath of Sparta Dec 16, 2014, 22:39 Krovven

Rome II Emporer edition is $12 on GetGames. Seriously considering it but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I enjoyed what I played of the campaign when they had the free weekend.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 16, 2014, 16:03 Krovven

If Harper gets re-elected, we are screwed. I warned people about this before he was elected last time. They elected him anyways. Despite some naïveté, I hope Trudeau will get elected and undo some of this big brother bullshit.

Harper has fucked up so many things. Our fisheries, our coast guard, our privacy rights. Goverment has become much more secretive, actually trying to prevent public documents from being accessed, etc. Hell my parent voted for him and have done a 180 and hate him now.

News Comments > Ciri Confirmed for The Witcher 3
5. Re: Ciri Confirmed for The Witcher 3 Dec 16, 2014, 11:28 Krovven

Darks wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 10:18:
Task wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 09:57:
One of the few games I genuinely felt like pre-ordering ;). Can't wait until the CE adorns my game shelf.

Curious how you plan to do that when the game is digital? And no, we are not talking about lame console versions.

I also think since they are adding this character, they should make this a 2 players Coop game. Now that would be killer.

Having a dumb day Darks? He said CE edition...as in the boxed Collector's Edition.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 14, 2014, 19:40 Krovven

PenGun wrote on Dec 14, 2014, 16:53:
Wow. I've been playing ESO for far too long and ignoring the 'world of games' but this list looks like no new games came out this year.

Is it really this bad?

If you can't tell which of those games were released in 2014, you need to quit gaming.

News Comments > Raven's Cry Delayed
8. Re: Raven's Cry Delayed Dec 14, 2014, 12:22 Krovven

Jerykk wrote on Dec 14, 2014, 07:26:
Rigs wrote on Dec 14, 2014, 02:50:
Jerykk wrote on Dec 14, 2014, 02:08:
harlock wrote on Dec 13, 2014, 23:21:
netnerd85 wrote on Dec 13, 2014, 22:49:
Another delay. Jan? Oh yeah, sure... sure...

maybe they dont want to compete with the xmas market

Fair point. Everybody is going to be buying the big-budget mainstream games this holiday. Dragon Age, Far Cry 4, The Crew, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, etc. Makes more sense to release in January when there's less competition.

Except that one ol' juggernaut release in Jan...you know, the little indie title called Grand Theft Auto 5...heard of it? I had to look it up, myself...

=-Rigs-=

A port of a game that came out over a year ago isn't much competition, even if it is GTA. 99% of people who wanted to play that game have already done so on consoles.

Lol. That's really what you think Jerykk? /facepalm

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Underway; Holiday Sale Next Week
7. Re: Steam Holiday Auction  Underway; Holiday Sale Next Week Dec 11, 2014, 22:23 Krovven

So wait a sec, Valve is selling gems on the Marketplace, but we can't sell our own gems? That's lame.

Also can't sort the Auctions by bid value. Fucking stupid. Sometimes it really makes me wonder what kind of idiots design this stuff.

6. Re: Steam Holiday Auction  Underway; Holiday Sale Next Week Dec 11, 2014, 22:21 Krovven

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 21:07:
Ah Steam, it went from a DRM/online store to some sort of meta-game cash fountain for Valve. Of course I say this having bought literally 100+ games on various sales... you win, Gabe.

Yes, but the trading cards has been a good thing for customers too. I don't know my total, but I'm probably around $100 from selling Trading Cards that I've received. It's bought me many games.

The whole Steam level thing seems pointless to me. It means absolutely nothing. So I sell everything.

4. Re: Steam Holiday Auction  Underway; Holiday Sale Next Week Dec 11, 2014, 22:16 Krovven

I got a whole 2700 gems from the junk I had. Now I look at the auction prices...my 2700 isn't going to get a damn thing. Now I kinda wish I just kept my junk. Now I have 2700 useless gems.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 11, 2014, 17:10 Krovven

Ratings are not just suggestions. If a film is rated R by the MPAA and allow underage people in and someone complains (parents maybe), the theatre can be fined or worse.

News Comments > SimCity 2000 Free on Origin
14. Re: SimCity 2000 Free on Origin Dec 10, 2014, 14:43 Krovven

On a somewhat related note...Crysis 3 on Origin for $7.50 is tempting. Think I'll wait though, as I'm still working on FarCry 3.

So from those that played it, how is Crysis 3? I quite liked Crysis 2. While some people said it was too linear, the arenas were large enough and offered multiple paths and options to get through them. Which is exactly the same as Crysis; the jungle and cliffs etc. just hid it more easily.

News Comments > SimCity 2000 Free on Origin
13. Re: SimCity 2000 Free on Origin Dec 10, 2014, 14:37 Krovven

You don't even need to install Origin to get the free games.

Log into the website, click the button for the free game (don't launch Origin), check My Account>Order History and the game should be listed there.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2014, 14:00 Krovven

Blue wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 09:09:
InBlack wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 09:03:
Blue wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 08:55:
InBlack wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 08:50:
What are you using as the client Blue? I doubt the original .exe works with Windows, but thats just an assumption.

For convenience I picked up a copy on Steam, which seems to work fine, except for the vertical mouse dealie. I may get inspired to pick up one of those more modern ports again though, as while I am not a graphics whore, the 320x200 resolution of the original is pretty horrible on a big monitor.

Any of the new ports should be good, although Ive always prefered Zdaemon to anything else. As for the vertical mouse dealie Im not sure I get what you mean. You are not talking about mouse look but 'moving' forwards and backwards when pushing or pulling the mouse right? (If thats it that is easily disabled in Zdaemon)

Yes, that's what I meant... Old DOS mouse drivers had separate values for vertical and horizontal sensitivity, and setting the vert to zero was how to stop unwanted forward and back movement when aiming left and right with the mouse.

I thought I remembered that was an option in some of the ports... that's probably the way to go.

It's well worth it to grab jDoom or whatever the other one(s) are. They just play better as well as looking better.

14. Mad Max Fury Road Dec 10, 2014, 13:58 Krovven

I'll just drop this here... Mad Max Fury Road trailer

Looks so badass!

News Comments > Dying Light Opening Cinematic
1. Re: Dying Light Opening Cinematic Dec 9, 2014, 20:15 Krovven

Well that was boring.  

31. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2014, 16:38 Krovven

Disney released some high-res images from the trailer.

Look better for you now without so much motion blur? CG/Models up to your standards? How about the high res IMAX image?

28. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2014, 03:37 Krovven

jdreyer wrote on Nov 29, 2014, 03:00:
mag wrote on Nov 28, 2014, 15:39:
One unforgivable sin: What the shit that lightsaber is idiotic.

I'm seeing a lot of hate out there for the lightsaber, but I thought it was pretty cool. I especially like the effect of the light shooting out like an acetylene flame.

At least we agree on something. I think it looks great and I like the hilt. The slightly different effect on the blade is a nice touch as every Jedi's saber would have it's own quirks and characteristics (according to lore). I actually have that still as my desktop background now.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2014, 03:24 Krovven

jdreyer wrote on Nov 29, 2014, 02:52:
Krovven wrote on Nov 29, 2014, 02:51:
1badmf wrote on Nov 28, 2014, 13:36:
i dont think that was jade. she looked too young to me. probably one of the solo kids.

overall impression for me - the abramsness of it is killing me. god, the shakycam, THE FUCKING SHAKYCAM! and wayyyy too much fake looking CG. i wonder why none of these morons realize that all these overproduced monstrosities still look worse than empire strikes back.

You do realize that Abrams is using mostly practical sets and effects right? Based on what you said, it doesn't sound like you do.

I heard the same thing, but how do you explain how awful the Falcon looked?

I don't think it looks awful at all. I think it looks great. But I'm looking at the framing, the color etc, and not looking for possible errors in the effects.

I think some people are being too picky for the sake of being too picky. I'm not sure how you could possibly tell how well the model looks for the Falcon when it's in constant motion. Even with the stills, there is so much motion blur (as there should be) that you couldn't see detail anyways, let alone be able to tell if it's CG or a practical model.

So yea, I think you and others are full of shit for calling out the "quality of the CG".

Still of the trailer here. star-wars-the-force-awakens-trailer-images

As for the movie, I'm hesitant, yet very excited. I liked the new Star Trek movies and everything else Abrams has done. Lucas disappointed, Abrams has not.

This comment was edited on Nov 29, 2014, 03:42.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2014, 02:51 Krovven

1badmf wrote on Nov 28, 2014, 13:36:
i dont think that was jade. she looked too young to me. probably one of the solo kids.

overall impression for me - the abramsness of it is killing me. god, the shakycam, THE FUCKING SHAKYCAM! and wayyyy too much fake looking CG. i wonder why none of these morons realize that all these overproduced monstrosities still look worse than empire strikes back.

You do realize that Abrams is using mostly practical sets and effects right? Based on what you said, it doesn't sound like you do.

6884 Comments. 345 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo