Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Braun

Real Name Michael Braun   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Talisorn
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 15, 2003, 02:59
Total Comments 894 (Graduate)
User ID 19028

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Trek D-A-C November 17
4. Re: Star Trek D-A-C November 17 Oct 31, 2009, 20:12 Talisorn

Does anybody care about this on PC?

An Star Trek top-down arcade shooter? *pfft* That's almost as much a blasphemy as that Insurrection movie was.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Project V13 Art
5. Re: Project V13 Art Oct 28, 2009, 18:05 Talisorn

This will never get off the ground. Interplay will greed-rape masthead in the same way they are trying to greed-rape Bethesda. More fool Masthead.  

News Comments > Fallout Preliminary Injunction Denied
6. Re: Fallout Preliminary Injunction Denie Oct 28, 2009, 14:10 Talisorn

The one-eyed Bethesda haters of NMA must be rubbing their hands with glee. Trust them to be totally on top of a story when things are not going Bethesda's way.

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2009, 14:12.

News Comments > Aus Borderlands Fixed
2. Re: Aus Borderlands Fixed Oct 27, 2009, 22:39 Talisorn

I've canceled my Steam pre-order, along with my Dragon Age pre-order through them. And additional 8Gb download on top of the one I'd previously done would kill my monthly download limit (... well damn close to it anyway). Very unprofessional, Steam. Very unprofessional.  

News Comments > Borderlands Ships, AU SNAFU, Q&A
4. Re: Borderlands AU SNAFU, Q&A Oct 26, 2009, 21:52 Talisorn

Not just AU but EVERYWHERE in the world (apart from North America) seemed to get less than an hours warning about the change in release date. Talk about major fuck up! Way to pull the rug out from under people.  

News Comments > Champions Online Free Next Weekend
10. Re: Champions Online Free Next Weekend Oct 24, 2009, 19:28 Talisorn

... the bullshit precedence of the "business model he tried to set" in the gaming industry ...
If your talking about lifetime subscriptions, Turbine set the precedent WELL before Bill Roper and it worked well for them.

News Comments > Champions Online Free Next Weekend
8. Re: Champions Online Free Next Weekend Oct 24, 2009, 17:28 Talisorn

The game isn't bad.. but while the game gives you separate directions to go after the tutorial you still end up in Mill City with the same set of missions/quests.
One of the nice things about WoW was if I got bored of an area there were at least 3 other spots in the world I could continue leveling up with different content/scenery.
That's one of hte great things about WoW ... it doesn't feel linear. Even LOTRO (which is still my fave at the moment) felt a bit too linear. But given time and new areas released, that goes away for the most part. Then again, WoW did it right off the bat ....

... as did many other MMOs before it. Chalk it up to developers wanting and needing to get the game out the door as early as they can.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Trailer
14. Re: Star Trek Online Trailer Oct 17, 2009, 17:48 Talisorn

It's called inference. Based on the past history of games from these companies and developers we can infer that the game will suck balls.
That's your opinion. I've liked the games that Cryptic have produced, as have many other people. And considering that they have soaked up massive numbers of developers who are also mad keen trekkies, do you honestly think it's going to break canon that much? STO will do well in my opinion. It's going to appeal to a niche audience, but it will be profitable.

And as for all those people droning on about graphics, WoW proved you don't need good graphics to make a successful game.

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2009, 17:49.

News Comments > WoW Rated Down Under
11. Re: WoW Rated Down Under Oct 9, 2009, 17:11 Talisorn

For anyone who's ACTUALLY interested in the (as opposed to just making smart-arse comments), watch episode 2 of Byteside ( http://byteside.com/blog/2009/10/01/byteside-games-2/ ). The vast bulk of it is about the current state of the ratings debate in Australia. It may put things in perspective a bit.

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2009, 17:11.

News Comments > Censored L4D2 Backup for Australia
13. Re: Censored L4D2 Backup for Australia Oct 7, 2009, 17:52 Talisorn

I would think you'd need to cut half the damned game to make it acceptable for Australia's backwards rating certifications.  They don't even have a 15+ category.  Totally ridiculous, it's a zombie game.
The problem is that that a 15+ is the highest rating we have.  If we had an AO rating (R18+) the game could be rated as such and sold on the shelved.  That's the difference between Australia and the US though.  Stores over here would have no problem selling an Adults Only game.

But the one holdout Attorney General who is stopping this whole process keeps wheeling out Rapelay as an example of the kind of R18+ game that would be released.  For Gods sake!  That game would be refustred classification in any civilised western country!  Bloody politicians!

News Comments > Star Trek Online Ship List
24. Re: Star Trek Online Ship List Oct 5, 2009, 21:56 Talisorn

I learned a long time ago not to get into an argument with an illogical person.
Too true kxmode.  Or a vulgar person for that matter.  A shame that the only way to communicate with those people is to stoop to their level ... which should not be necessary.

19. Re: Star Trek Online Ship List Oct 5, 2009, 19:31 Talisorn

dumbfuck
I'm assuming that's just you signing off your message.

It must be great being you to know what a game is like based on a couple of screenshots and a video or two.  For the rest of us peasant's I'd much rather try something out before deciding whether a game is shit or not or at least get some informed sources provide solid information on what the gameplay is like.  Unless of course you're one of those people who believe that graphics define the game?

So unless you've actually got solid information, your opinion is not worth shit.

17. Re: Star Trek Online Ship List Oct 5, 2009, 18:40 Talisorn

As with all MMO's, they gear it to run on 5/6 year old PCs for wider access thus, the lower common denominator wins, and next gen is screwed.
You mean up to date graphics like AoC?  Yeah.  That really worked, didn't it.  So an MMO should cater for the 5% of the MMO market that can afford the top end gear?  Which commercial reality do you live in?

Let's not even mention how all MMOs are crap in that they reward those who play compulsively and offer little to those with less than 10 hrs/month to devote to said title.
You're being sarcastic, right?  Or is Hello Kitty Online the only one you've played?

News Comments > Champions Online Retcon Resolution
5. Re: Champions Online Retcon Resolution Sep 24, 2009, 18:04 Talisorn

Like most MOGs it's generally a year or two before it's out of "beta" IMO. And what the hell is a "retcon" anyway? omething wrong with respec?
It's a flavor word. It's appropriate considering we're talking comic book heroes.

News Comments > Fallen Earth Rises
5. Re: Fallen Earth Rises Sep 22, 2009, 22:42 Talisorn

So you have to pay $50 for the game and $15 a month to play it? How about let us download the game for free, give us a free week to try it out? You might get more customers that way, because the game sounds like something I'd like, but I'm not going to risk throwing down $50 to find out. After the "free" 30 day subscription runs out and I decide I don't like it, I basically wasted $50.
And your bitching ... why? It's just like any other subscription based MMO. How exactly is an indie studio meant to recoup costs based on subscription alone? They're not a charity, you know.

News Comments > Aion Live
15. Re: Free trial? Sep 22, 2009, 16:27 Talisorn

Does this game have a free trial that doesn't require payments (e.g., a credit card)? I missed out on the beta due to my busy real life
TIP: Don't even bother asking about free trials for ANY subscription based MMORPG that has just opened. You normally won't see them until after 6 months or so when they start hemorrhaging paying customers.

This comment was edited on Sep 22, 2009, 16:30.

News Comments > Dungeon Runners Ending
12. Re: Dungeon Runners Ending Sep 17, 2009, 22:06 Talisorn

Awww, do you need a hug Talisom? You must really miss Bill Roper.
WTF red herring?

Err ... no. But I do miss Tabula Rasa and Auto Assault.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Ban in AU
25. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Ban in AU Sep 17, 2009, 18:21 Talisorn

Hopefully the gamer rage will hear reach the ears of the pollies. Sure the wheels of government move slowly over here, but nothing makes a politician move faster than possible loss of votes.

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 2009, 18:22.

7. Re: Dungeon Runners Ending Sep 17, 2009, 18:15 Talisorn

They should turn the code over to the players for player run servers and release the source engine and SDK as Public Domain so people can create content and mods for it but we all know that'll never happen or they'll want to sell it for some insane number b/c at the end of the day, it's "All About The Benjamin's" and the bottom line for NCsoft Korea....
Sad but true. Tabula Rasa and Auto Assault suffered the same fate and they had a strong community AND someone lined up to buy them. NCSoft would rather see something die than hand it over to someone else. I can see the same thing happen to Aion when people realise it's just "WoW with wings" and not all it's cracked up to be; subscriber numbers will drop and NCSoft will scuttle that game too.

Your a fool if you invest any time in a game by that bunch of money grabbing mongrels.

5. Re: Dungeon Runners Ending Sep 17, 2009, 16:55 Talisorn

So NCSoft scuttle another game? Surprise, surprise. One more reason I won't invest ANY time in another game of theirs.  

894 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo