Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Braun

Real Name Michael Braun   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Talisorn
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 15, 2003, 02:59
Total Comments 883 (Graduate)
User ID 19028

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Cryptic Working on Star Trek Online Capacity
30. Re: Cryptic Working on Star Trek Online Capacity Feb 3, 2010, 22:47 Talisorn

Cutter wrote on Feb 3, 2010, 21:34:
Unfortunately, the interest in Star Trek Online seems to have caught Cryptic off-guard, despite the fan base of several hundred million people.

STO has a fanbase of several hundred million people does it? Uh huh. In Cryptic's dreams.
I think they might be referring to Star Trek fans. Not STO fans.

/endsarcasm

This comment was edited on Feb 3, 2010, 22:48.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Cryptic Working on Star Trek Online Capacity Feb 3, 2010, 19:58 Talisorn

space captain wrote on Feb 3, 2010, 19:10:
...He... He ...put ...creatures in our bodies to control our minds, ...made us say lies, ...do things. ...But we beat him. ...He thought he controlled us, but he did not. The Captain was strong.
I've always wondered what becomes of my characters when I log off. Now I know ...

... disturbing.

Mead wrote on Feb 3, 2010, 19:51:
Everyone should have an Overon filter. It's so nice to be told what I meant to post.
Nah. Nobody wants Overon Filters. Just like that Multi-phasic Cynicism Inducer, you can't get rid of it on the exchange. Oh well ... into the replicator they go to turn them into energy credits.

This comment was edited on Feb 3, 2010, 20:05.

13. Re: Cryptic Working on Star Trek Online Capacity Feb 3, 2010, 18:01 Talisorn

joe2tiger wrote on Feb 3, 2010, 16:08:
I consider myself a Star Trek fan but I don't think I would enjoy this game. I'm kinda burned out on MMOs and I don't want to collect 20 tachyon crystals from a cave on Planet B. I'm kinda tired of the WoW or Everquest formula.
Your loss then.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Midnight Madness
28. Re: Star Trek Online Midnight Madness Feb 1, 2010, 21:34 Talisorn

Overon wrote on Feb 1, 2010, 18:44:
I predict star wars galaxies and the matrix's fate for this.
Star Wars Galaxies is still going.

News Comments > Aus Gamers 4 Croydon Interview
1. Re: Aus Gamers 4 Croydon Interview Feb 1, 2010, 17:36 Talisorn

G4C won't unseat Atkinson. He's too much of a political bully and thug to allow them to get too serious. He'll spread lies, misinformation and slander. He'll throw mud. And he'll still get voted back in.

The best G4C can hope for with regards to the electorate itself is to embarrass him by stealing some percentage points from him. Which will still be a good result in my opinion.

Where the real difference will be if they get a candidate in the upper house. THEN they will have real power.

19. Re: Star Trek Online Midnight Madness Feb 1, 2010, 17:31 Talisorn

Ant wrote on Feb 1, 2010, 16:27:
NEEEEEEEEEERDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What's your point?

18. Re: Star Trek Online Midnight Madness Feb 1, 2010, 17:30 Talisorn

space captain wrote on Feb 1, 2010, 16:02:
I like the game. And I want to play it once it's finished but at the moment is a big mess. I'm guessing the first 2 months are going to be full of balance tweaks and adjustments that will end up changing the game so much there won't be much benefit from the time and energy put into playing it now.

EVERY SINGLE MMORPG IS RELEASED LIKE THIS

Sad but true. Companies rely on that online patching system you need to go through before at the beginning of every MMORPG to distribute "the magic fixes" that they don't bother doing on release. Cryptic are no worse than any other developer in this respect ... but sadly, no better.

It's not like single player game developers try the same thing really ... oh wait!

News Comments > Cities XL Online Closing - Cities XL 2011 Revealed
2. Re: Cities XL Online Closing - Cities XL 2011 Revealed Jan 27, 2010, 16:29 Talisorn

Why they don't offer a FTP for the Planet Offer with micro-transactions for selling new bits, I don't know. That might actually be a decent business model for them.

This comment was edited on Jan 27, 2010, 16:30.

News Comments > Lord of Ultima in Beta
6. Re: Lord of Ultima in Beta Jan 26, 2010, 23:41 Talisorn

Icewind wrote on Jan 26, 2010, 23:20:
Ultima died the day Pagan came out.

/end
While I didn't mind the later games in the series, Ultima 7 (Parts 1 and 2) were the pinnacle. I still regard it as one of the greatest games ever made.

News Comments > Lord of Ultima in Beta
1. Re: Lord of Ultima in Beta Jan 26, 2010, 22:23 Talisorn

Ultima?! BLASPHEMY!!  

News Comments > Star Trek Online End of Beta Event
14. Re: Star Trek Online End of Beta Event Jan 26, 2010, 18:22 Talisorn

Once again you make some valid points. Some of the PUG players do tend to goof off and other get killed outright in a blaze of glory ... which can be attributed to that alpha strike mechanic.

When you have a tight group (guildies or people you know) you can use tactics like let the largest cruiser go in first and take the larger ships and take the initial fire. The smaller ships pick off the frigates and fighters, with science vessels supporting the main cruiser. Glory hogs find they tend not to survive unless they have the ship to cope with an enemy alpha strike.

The 10km range on all weapons does kind of suck and does strike me as lazy. Varying weapon ranges would go a long way to fixing the alpha strike issue.

News Comments > Star Trek Online End of Beta Event
8. Re: Star Trek Online End of Beta Event Jan 26, 2010, 15:49 Talisorn

I agree with some of your early points. The game can improve, however where the real difference is when your grouping. It does take ages to slog though things solo, but get a good group and it's pretty fast paced and fun.

Veterator wrote on Jan 26, 2010, 15:36:
Sure MAYBE they will improve if in a few months...and MAYBE it won't suck then. And MAYBE pigs will fly by then. And MAYBE in a few more months Cryptic can pump out another MMO......Champions Online only came out September 2009. Glad I got to beta it before it went retail is all I can say.
Here's where I'm a little less cynical than you are. LotRO when it launched was pretty damn ordinary; a poor WoW clone set in Middle Earth, that had some nice features. Today LotRO is my MMO of choice, only getting better as WoW has slid down the slippery path of trying too hard to appeal to as many people as possible and becoming boring and bland ... World of Mallcraft.

Where am I going with my comparison? I find that STO is more standout than LotRO was at launch. If Cryptic put the work into it, it could be a really great game. Turbine did it ... let's hope Cryptic do it.

News Comments > Aussie Attorney-General Slams Gamers
11. Re: Aussie Attorney-General Slams Gamers Jan 23, 2010, 14:54 Talisorn

Rigs wrote on Jan 23, 2010, 12:21:
But, then again, it only takes someone finding something naughty from his past to brighten up the gamers chances to defeat him...Hell, make shit up, THEY do it, turn the tables...
They don't need to make shit up. He's a political thug who's already done some dodgey deals and he's still kicking around. The only way to get rid of him is for the Liberals to win the next election in two months. Unfortunately, they couldn't organise a pissup in a brewery!

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 2010, 14:55.

News Comments > Star Trek Online State of the Game
26. Re: I am enjoying the open beta... Jan 19, 2010, 20:24 Talisorn

Jackplug wrote on Jan 19, 2010, 18:21:
I haven a friend who is playing the beta and .. blah, blah, blah
I have been been playing in the beta and your friend was right ... up until a month ago. Whatever Cryptic the beta has progressed leaps and bounds ahead of what it was a month ago, so much to the point that they must have been holding out on us beta testers. I find the game they currently have out there a a heap of fun and well worth picking up.

Even better ... rather than rely on anyone else opinion, how about you make up your own mind?

News Comments > Atkinson on Aus R18+ Fight
12. Re: Atkinson on Aus R18+ Fight Jan 19, 2010, 16:00 Talisorn

The sad thing is now, in the wee small hours, a bill was passed that in South Australia that all R18+ movies must be sold or hired with brown paper covers or be display in a sectioned off room of their own. So "Mad Max", "The Godfather", "Apocalypse Now", "Taxi Driver", "The Hangover (uncut version)" are now considered verboten in Atkinson's state.

One of the big problems with Australian politics is that just about everything is about partisan politics. If Labor goes one way, the Liberals go the other. No party member will ever cross the floor against their own party. That means that the independents more than often hold the balance of power ... and the party in power usually have to suck up the the nut-job groups like "Family First". That's how this latest movie law got in, and I'd be surprised if their not pulling some of the strings when it comes to the game debate as well.

I'm not excusing Atkinson though; he is also a certifiable nut-job too. Hopefully the next election in South Australia will see the Liberals in power ... and that comes from a died in the wool leftist Labor voter.

This comment was edited on Jan 19, 2010, 16:00.

News Comments > Aion Double XP Weekend [Updated]
6. Re: Aion Double XP Weekend [Updated] Jan 19, 2010, 15:49 Talisorn

Tried it. Hated it. It's the only MMO that I couldn't play past the first week ... let alone the first month.

NCSoft are the Korean grind merchants. Anything that doesn't meet that paradigm, is canned (CoX being the ONLY exception).

News Comments > Star Trek Online State of the Game
23. Re: Game Reviews Jan 19, 2010, 15:46 Talisorn

Who has the time or money to play MMOs? I picture a person collecting unemployment, sitting there all day eating Cheetos, while grinding away at the game.
Interesting comment .... when you consider most of the people I know who play MMOs are in their late 30 and early 40s, have great jobs, are in stable relationships and have kids.

I guess you need to open your mind a bit more and stop watching Fox News.

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Preorders
10. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Preorders Jan 18, 2010, 23:37 Talisorn

This will be delayed until 2011. To fall in competition with SW:TOR.
LOL, suggesting that WoW needs to compete with something else.
Part of me was very suspicious of the timing of WAR and WOTLK. WAR really didn't get a chance to take off before the Blizzard Juggernaught rolled right on over it. I still say that Mythic should have delayed a couple of months to let people get WOW fever out of their system rather than let themselves get steamrolled.

News Comments > Ubisoft Backing off Licenses
3. Re: Ubisoft Backing off Licenses Jan 18, 2010, 22:19 Talisorn

Just start making good games, you morons. Avatar could have been a great game ... but it had nothing to do with the fact it was a licensed product.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Preorders
6. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Preorders Jan 18, 2010, 22:16 Talisorn

Waiting for information ion the Collectors Edition ....  

883 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo