Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Braun

Real Name Michael Braun   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Talisorn
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 15, 2003, 02:59
Total Comments 906 (Graduate)
User ID 19028

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Interview
3. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Interview Apr 29, 2010, 18:14 Talisorn

Cutter wrote on Apr 29, 2010, 15:02:
Yeah, not much point in having any gaming server in Aus when the government seems to ban the shit out of everything.
Err ... no. Educate yourself on the issue before spouting such shit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Just Cause 2 Black Market Aerial Pack Released
6. Re: Just Cause 2 Black Market Aerial Pack Released Apr 29, 2010, 18:03 Talisorn

But ... but ... but ... where the horse armor?  

News Comments > New Guild Wars 2 Details [Updated]
17. Re: New Guild Wars 2 Details Apr 28, 2010, 22:30 Talisorn

Warskull wrote on Apr 28, 2010, 21:23:
Cutter wrote on Apr 28, 2010, 16:44:
The visuals definitely have that Korean/Japanese feel to it. So, no, I won't be giving it another look. You knock yourself out though, sport.

No they don't, its a game made by a company in Seattle. Its about as Asian looking as World of Warcraft.

Errr ... just because it's not made in Asia, doesn't mean the art style doesn't appear Asian or is not isn't Asian in influence.

News Comments > Activision Publishing Boss Quits
16. Re: Activision Publishing Boss Quits Apr 28, 2010, 19:24 Talisorn

Dev wrote on Apr 28, 2010, 18:44:
No, not everyone is rotten there. But think about it ... <snip> ...

Another possibility is that the guys above him were looking for a scapegoat.

All in all it just shows that there's something rotten in activision, regardless of if he was unjustly let go, or if he was involved.

Sure. I agree, but none of that really goers to explain how the head of "publishing" is responsible for what happened to IW. I admit I don't understand Activision's organisation structure, but it seems that his position would be reasonably divorced from that. Enlighten me.

News Comments > New Guild Wars 2 Details [Updated]
12. Re: New Guild Wars 2 Details [Updated] Apr 28, 2010, 18:34 Talisorn

Personally I hated Guild Wars. I was not an MMO, regardless of what their bosses said. It was a multiplayer game with 3d visual lobbies.

Maybe GW2 will be different. But right now, I'm guarded on it.

News Comments > Activision Publishing Boss Quits
12. Re: Activision Publishing Boss Quits Apr 28, 2010, 18:29 Talisorn

Hang on a sec. So he is head of "Activision Publishing". Would he actually have had anything to do with the Infinity Ward debacle? Giving the guy the benefit of the doubt (which I know is something alien to a lot of the 'Blues Crew'), could it be that he was also getting jack of his bosses shenanigans and quit?

Just be because you don't like an organisation's practices, it doesn't follow that EVERYBODY in the organisation is rotten.

News Comments > ArenaNet: Guild Wars 2 an MMORPG
16. Re: ArenaNet: Guild Wars 2 an MMORPG Apr 28, 2010, 00:59 Talisorn

If it doesn't have instancing up the whazoo and you can actually meet other players "in the wild" (so to speak), there may be hope for GW2 after all.

But most importantly .... can you jump?

News Comments > Activision's Lawsuit Response
29. Re: Activision's Lawsuit Response Apr 28, 2010, 00:53 Talisorn

OldScho0l wrote on Apr 27, 2010, 19:53:
These types of corperations and their dealings have destroyed the American economy by screwing over the little guy with their douchebaggery. They screw everyone in their path all in the name of greed.
There's only one way to drag "these types of corperations" back from this kind of "douchebaggery". I'm not sure hte American People (or more correctly, the lobby groups that purport to represent the American People") are up for it. It's called ...

... REGULATION.

It's a shame it's such a dirty word in America. The rest of the world have had their douchbags relatively in check for quite some time. At least your Health care reform is a step in the right direction ....

News Comments > Red Faction TV Movie Plans
8. Re: Red Faction TV Movie Plans Apr 27, 2010, 18:58 Talisorn

CrimsonPaw wrote on Apr 27, 2010, 10:27:
Ugh, if it's on SyFy, it's gonna be shit ... not THE shit, just SHIT!
Hmmm ... and you can trust the major networks not to dump a good show just because of a ratings dip? TFS, Dollhouse, Firefly ... what's next? Fringe? At least SyFy are willing to see shows through.

Anyway ... Warehouse 13, Caprica, BSG are all gold. There are plenty of others.

News Comments > Trion World Announces MMO Action & RTS Games
4. Re: Trion World Announces MMO Action & RTS Games Apr 27, 2010, 00:39 Talisorn

Cutter wrote on Apr 26, 2010, 22:49:
Rifts looks pretty good - visuals and art direction at any rate - hopefully it'll translate into a good game.
I got all excited when I saw Rifts. I hoped it was related to the old pen and paper RPG .. but no.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer
20. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Apr 25, 2010, 07:55 Talisorn

NKD wrote on Apr 24, 2010, 16:42:
This'll be out Spring 2011. Diablo 3 is never coming out so...
Diablo 3 release date will be exactly one month after ST:TOR's release date. That way Blizzard can do as much damage to the resubsciptions as possible. They did it to Warhammer Online ...

News Comments > Two Just Cause DLC Packs Near
15. Re: Two Just Cause DLC Packs Near Apr 25, 2010, 07:49 Talisorn

LittleMe wrote on Apr 24, 2010, 17:11:
Here's a newer MP vid.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jc2mpdev#p/a/u/0/8hBheLY1jWc
Very very cool!

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Cracked?
91. Re: Ubisoft DRM Cracked? Apr 23, 2010, 22:49 Talisorn

ForgedReality wrote on Apr 23, 2010, 20:43:
Haha! I love it. It's been proven that Skidrow merely STOLE the existing server emulator and the values database (an old version no less), changed a couple of things to call it "their crack," then tried to HIDE it by compressing and xoring their work to try to make it harder for others to discover their deception.
No honor among thieves, huh?

89. Re: Ubisoft DRM Cracked? Apr 23, 2010, 20:39 Talisorn

Double post.  

88. Re: Ubisoft DRM Cracked? Apr 23, 2010, 20:32 Talisorn

Prez wrote on Apr 23, 2010, 10:01:
Disagree all you want, but I HATE Ubisoft. I DETEST them! I LOATHE them! I hope every single one of them comes down with severe, perpetual diarrhea!
Prez! I can't help feel you're holding back! Tell us how you REALLY feel.

wtf_man wrote on Apr 23, 2010, 10:02:
Kidding aside... for what it's worth, your views on this do make you look like a Developer or Publisher shill. Sorry.
I am not a shill. I am a developer ... not of games, though I have had my work (which comprised of almost a year of my life) stolen. So you can understand where I'm coming from. If you've never had this happen to you ... you can simply not understand.

Verno wrote on Apr 23, 2010, 10:16:
It's pretty hard to say you're anything else when your "opinion" basically refutes all consumer rights in favor of a business.
See this is what I don't understand. All I see that they are doing is placing the same restriction you would have on a multiplayer game onto a single player game; and many ... if not all of them ... with multi-player components anyway). I just don't understand how what part of this is refuting "all consumer rights". Please explain.

Don't bother coming back with a trite "Well if you can't see it then it's not worth explaining" or "it's already been explained a million times before". If it had, I wouldn't be disagreeing. Actually come up with a rational explanation as to how this "refutes all consumer rights". Please explain.

This comment was edited on Apr 23, 2010, 20:43.

81. Re: Ubisoft DRM Cracked? Apr 23, 2010, 09:28 Talisorn

Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 23, 2010, 02:18:
Actually, theres not enough ignorance, fanboyism and Ubi-asskissing here. How about you start adding those, like in the other threads, talisorn?
So it's "ignorance, fanboyism and Ubi-asskissing" if I deign to disagree with such learned gentlemen and honestly have an opposing opinion. I apologise for even thinking of being in such esteemed presences.

Typical arrogant shithead.

77. Re: Ubisoft DRM Cracked? Apr 23, 2010, 01:41 Talisorn

Damnit! There's not enough Ubi-Hate here! I demand more!  

News Comments > Fallout MMOG Lawsuit Dropped
13. Re: Fallout MMOG Lawsuit Dropped Apr 22, 2010, 19:13 Talisorn

peteham wrote on Apr 22, 2010, 15:52:
Icewind wrote on Apr 22, 2010, 15:01:
You never lost anything, you never experienced huge penalties for failure and you were given huge quantities of loot for doing absolutely nothing.
And here I was thinking MMOs were already enough of a chore without the added bonus of being set back 10 days every time some brat and his posse of friends 10 levels ahead of you wipe you off the face of the planet with their superior... uh.. skillz..
I was thinking something kind of similar. Aren't games for fun? It's no fun being ganked by some snot-nosed 12 years old with bad hygiene and a whole lot of time on his grubby little hands.

That said, I reactivated WoW last night to give it a go and shut it down again. I failed to see the fun in mashing as many buttons as quickly as possible with everything a blur and the mob falling down. I get far more satisfaction from LotRO and DDO where the pace allows you consider your actions.

News Comments > Ubisoft Uplay Details
46. Re: Ubisoft Uplay Details Apr 22, 2010, 05:48 Talisorn

Prez wrote on Apr 22, 2010, 02:34:
<snip>

Take your arrogant posturing and pretentious, superior attitude and kindly stick it where the sun don't shine, if you please. I for one have gotten utterly sick of it.
a) I'm not sure it will fit. It's pretty damn big.

b) Then you can understand how I feel about all the whining then.

News Comments > Ubisoft Uplay Details
42. Re: Ubisoft Uplay Details Apr 22, 2010, 01:18 Talisorn

Prez wrote on Apr 22, 2010, 00:01:
Anyone pirating games should be ashamed.

Anyone who defends such paranoid and intrusive DRM that shows such disrespect to paying customers ought to be ashamed as well, but you're too busy playing Ubi-apologist and casting mass insults.
Ubi-apologist? Did you read my last post? Didn't I say it was poor form on their part to blame users for the Settlers 7 debacle? Didn't I say they had poor-QA?

And you'd can hardly call this form of DRM as intrusive. It adds 5 seconds to the starting of the game. That's it! Intrusive is loading drivers onto your machine and screwing up your optical drives. Intrusive is opening security holes in your operating system. Intrusive is NOT applying the same restriction that you would require for a multiplayer game, regardless if it's single player or not.

And if the insults your talking about is the "whiny bitches" remark, come off it! This place is hardly the place you go to for a balanced viewpoint when it comes to issues like this? The only people I've seen complain more about some issues is the "No Mutants Allowed" mob. But don't worry too much; the Blues crew is not even in their league.

Jerykk wrote on Apr 22, 2010, 01:03:
And how many potential customers did it deter from buying the game? I know I'm one and I know several others on this forum are as well.
Yeh, Jerykk. I know your stance on piracy. I personally find your stance reprehensible, but that's just my opinion. I don't think anything will deter you from your "wicked ways" you unless you get personally get ripped off in the same way. Even then I'm not sure you'd make the connection.

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 2010, 01:26.

906 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo