Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Braun

Real Name Michael Braun   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Talisorn
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 15, 2003, 02:59
Total Comments 892 (Graduate)
User ID 19028

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Pachter: Activision Should Charge for CoD Multiplayer
34. Re: Pachter: Activision Should Charge for CoD Multiplayer Jul 16, 2010, 20:45 Talisorn

Can you hear that people?

That is the sound of Kotic and the other greedy corporate heyenas getting ready to tear that the cornered free online FPS gaming beast. It won't happen this year. It may not happen next year. But in five years time, free online gaming will become a rarity among AAA game releases.

Slowly as the greedy money-grubbing suits are being shooed away from embattled credit seekers, they are looking for new prey .... new untapped markets to plunder.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Maxis Online Game Plans?
4. Re: Maxis Online Game Plans? Jul 14, 2010, 17:59 Talisorn

An Al-Qaeda based online Sims game? The mind boggles.

News Comments > BioWare Working on "Small Scale" MMOGs
17. Re: BioWare Working on Jul 14, 2010, 17:55 Talisorn

Now if only they'd do a NWN3. The kind that addresses all the issues where Obsidian failed ... and keep forstering the modding and small community groups setting up their own MMO-like campaigns was what kept the game running so long.

If THAT'S what they mean by small scale MMO ... BRING IT ON!

News Comments > Tim Schafer Blasts Bobby Kotick
32. Re: Tim Schafer Blasts Bobby Kotick Jul 14, 2010, 17:49 Talisorn

kxmode wrote on Jul 14, 2010, 12:16:
I also recommend BOP manufacturing!

Favorite excerpt.

Eurogamer: What do you think about Bobby Kotick? He's a person.
Tim Schafer: He is. Well, allegedly. Ah... I don't know.

LOL! +2 Tim Schafer, you're my hero! :D

+3 and QFT just to be sure!

News Comments > APB Plans
18. Re: APB Plans Jul 13, 2010, 17:45 Talisorn

It doesn't matter how good it is or is not, they've created a twitch based game (good latency required) and provided no support for and are not selling to people outside the US or Europe. Sure they are the biggest markets, but they've lost out on everyone else.

As an Aussie gamer, these guys can go fuck themselves.

News Comments > Blizzard on Real ID
121. Re: Blizzard on Real ID Jul 8, 2010, 18:36 Talisorn

Kosumo wrote on Jul 8, 2010, 18:06:
I feel sorry for anyone who feels that gaming may have a effect on their employment - if that happened in anyway which you could prove, you most likely could sue your way to never doing anything but gaming again.
I couldn't agree more. Any employer that has this kind of attitude against their employees do in their spare time if is not worth working for. It's sad if this is the norm in the US, because in the rest of the civilised world, employers DON'T have the right to dictate to their employees how to run their lives. Work to live. Not live to work.

Luke wrote on Jul 8, 2010, 17:39:
the funny part after what happen to him is : now blizz employed don't have to show there true name , we do but not them

And there's the rub. Surly if THEY have a problem with it, then they can understand that THEIR CUSTOMERS have a problem with it. If there is any reason for it to be opt in, then that is it.

If they want people to use RealID, then use a carrot. Offer people something in return for opting into their scheme. But for those who don't want in ... don't force them.

Personally, I'm on the fence here. I see that it's going to cut down the zoo-like nature of the WoW forums. People will need to be careful what they say. But it's also going to fragment the community, as all sorts if "unofficial" forums will open up where people who want to can protect their anonymity. My concern is that the anti-RealID zealots will take the opportunity to seariously harrass people opting in and using official forums ... and you only need a couple of loony-toons to cause real trouble.

In-game, I don't see it as a major problem, as long as people are careful who they share their info with. I've chosen the people I share my ID with carefully; I only have done so with people I'm already on a first name basis with. But people need to be REALLY careful and not do it willy-nilly.

It's going to be intersting what happens in a couple of months after this has gone in. Interesting indeed.

News Comments > The Settlers 7 DLC
3. Re: The Settlers 7 DLC Jul 7, 2010, 18:09 Talisorn

A post about Ubisoft DRM. Imagine that.

To anyone out there that's actually played the game ... is it any good? It look interesting, but I've never actually tried a Settlers game (at least since the first one actually).

News Comments > More on Blizzard's Real ID
54. Re: More on Blizzard's Real ID Jul 7, 2010, 08:24 Talisorn

The PC Warrior wrote on Jul 7, 2010, 06:17:
you wouldnt have a job anywhere but retail then, its standard practice in human resources these days. and you said you didnt see how this could be harmful, so a bunch of us are pointing out how and now youre just making excuses for blizzard. next time say that you just want to make excuses for blizzard so we will know not to waste time with you.
Errr .... Just because I have a differing opinion, I'm a Blizzard apologist? Perhaps I'm just in the position in my career I can afford to pick and choose my place of employment, that I can also afford to thumb my nose at those kind of employment practices as well.

If that's the norm for employers in the US, viva la revolution.

50. Re: More on Blizzard's Real ID Jul 7, 2010, 03:09 Talisorn

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 7, 2010, 02:11:
Talisorn wrote on Jul 7, 2010, 00:13:
1. Why should your employer care?
2. How are they going to find out?

If your posting that information on the forum, that's your problem.
Because employers have this idea that if you can bring anything that's not within the company line, you're not a worthwhile employee. Huh that guy plays wow, well we sure wouldn't want one of them with us. And people have been refused employment based on things they've posted online, and people have been fired because of what they post online as well.

Employers stepping into the world of "it's offline, but screw you" has been happening a lot more the last few years. It will get worse, as the employment situation revolves around an employers market.

Bah. I wouldn't want to work for an employer that thought like that. They'd be wasting my time.

47. Re: More on Blizzard's Real ID Jul 7, 2010, 00:13 Talisorn

The PC Warrior wrote on Jul 6, 2010, 23:32:
i doubt people want their potential employer knowing that they caused a guild drama or that they play 50 hours of videogames a week because their real name got googled by someone in hr.

1. Why should your employer care?
2. How are they going to find out?

If your posting that information on the forum, that's your problem.

i doubt people want others tracking them down for some perceived internet slight. i doubt the female gamers want to be stalked by desperate, creepy people. i doubt parents want their kids personally identified on the internet for potential targeting by pedophiles.

That's more serious. Once again, this only applies to forum posts. In game, your name is only available to those people you allow to see it on your friends list. The only people I've traded IDs with are people I KNOW in real life, so they know far more about me than they can find out on the internet.

There certainly needs to be more education about its impact and it DEFINATELY needs to have parental controls associated with it.

it doesnt take a genius or much imagination to see how this kind of thing could be bad.
Simple Rule. Don't be an ass on the forums. Or if your worried about it ... don't post on the forums at all. Nobody will know WHO you are then.

44. Re: More on Blizzard's Real ID Jul 6, 2010, 22:30 Talisorn

ASeven wrote on Jul 6, 2010, 20:41:
PHJF wrote on Jul 6, 2010, 20:37:
Somehow "Frank Callahan has main DPS tonight" doesn't carry the same weight as "Rutgart Rockcleaver has main DPS tonight."

Hey, at least now we'll know just how many guys play female elfs.
Yeh .. they're the guys posting from level one male characters.

I have to say, I don't see the big deal here. So people can see your real name. That's all they can see. I fail to see the hoopla.

1. Re: More on Blizzard's Real ID Jul 6, 2010, 16:37 Talisorn

It would be nice if people on the WoW forums WERE forced to post under their real names. Perhaps people would THINK before posting the kind of retarded statements that those forums are notorious for. Posting under anonymity sometimes allows for a little TOO much latitude.  

News Comments > DirectX 11 WoW
40. Re: DirectX 11 WoW Jul 5, 2010, 19:10 Talisorn

Fion wrote on Jul 5, 2010, 18:49:
On a personal level if you want graphics and art direction, Funcom is beyond the best. Argue against their design, gameplay, anything else, but their artists are on a level all themselves.
I do have to agree with you. AoC just so badly burnt me after their first couple of months with their poor untested patches and broken gameplay, that trying to go back was not a pleasurable experience, no matter how much I wanted to like it.

WoW is one of those games I keep going back to. I enjoyed my time in it and keep enjoying it each time I go back. Then before I get too bored or annoyed, cycle back to LotRO or DDO and enjoy those.

News Comments > DirectX 11 WoW
28. Re: DirectX 11 WoW Jul 5, 2010, 17:57 Talisorn

Krovven wrote on Jul 5, 2010, 17:47:
ASJD wrote on Jul 5, 2010, 17:17:
WoW still looks good? WoW never looked good.

To each his own. This argument reminds me of all the people saying how Team Fortress 2 looks like shit, because of the cartoon art direction.

QFT. If anything the art direction and area design is top notch. It's not super-realistic but it's not meant to be. In my experience, MMOs the concentrate on great graphics usually fall short in gameplay.

My personal preference in MMOs is LotRO. It has the perfect balance in graphical direction and has great gameplay. They don't get any better.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale, Day 5
3. Re: Steam Sale Jun 28, 2010, 22:36 Talisorn

Definately King Arther when I get home. I've been eyeing that game off for a long time.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Sale
18. Re: Ubisoft Sale Jun 24, 2010, 18:14 Talisorn

Caveman wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 12:27:
Wow, just wow. Only 1 of those games contain the online DRM. Maybe you nubs should actually click the link before you QQ.
ROFL! Never let facts get in the way of nerd rage on Blues.

News Comments > 70% of Activision Profits Non-Console
20. Re: 70% of Activision Profits Non-Console Jun 23, 2010, 15:51 Talisorn

I astounds me that people are willing to listen to BK considering the amount of bullshit spin that comes out his mouth. Then I realize, he's not talking to us; he's talking to shareholders and finance people who know and care nothing about games.

I do wonder if these shenanigans piss off the Blizzard execs.

News Comments > Kotick: Audience "Clamoring" for Subscription CoD
42. Re: Kotick: Audience Jun 20, 2010, 18:28 Talisorn

I'm sorry. I still can't understand why anyone is clamouring to pay for what they get for free. Unless they have some serious value add in there, this is just simply insane .... kind of like trying to charge a subscription for a 3D Diablo clone.  

News Comments > BlizzCon Tix on Sale
3. Re: BlizzCon Tix on Sale Jun 2, 2010, 23:04 Talisorn

Meh. I'll catch the webcast in hte comfort of my living room.  

News Comments > Stolen Gaming Credentials
30. Re: Stolen Gaming Credentials May 27, 2010, 18:03 Talisorn

I get between 5 and 10 phishing emails for WoW and NCSoft on a DAILY basis. Whenever I could be bothered to do a "whois" on the actual URL, it invariably points back to China.

Funny thing is, I haven't had these accounts active for quite a while. And they haven't been compromised. I am getting sick of it though and am even beginning to consider closing my email account which I've had for over 20 years.

All the more reason to have hardware authenticators on gaming accounts. It's probably one of the best things Blizzard did for account security.

892 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo