Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Braun

Real Name Michael Braun   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Talisorn
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 15, 2003, 02:59
Total Comments 894 (Graduate)
User ID 19028

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $58M
24. Re: Star Citizen Nears $58M Oct 12, 2014, 17:41 Talisorn

painless42 wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 17:08:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 16:37:
painless42 wrote on Oct 12, 2014, 16:35:
I dont have s dog in this fight, huge Wing Commander fan back in the day, but I haven't backed this yet. At this point I'm beginning to wonder if its even possible for this game to be good enough to satisfy the community. I'm sure it will be good, and most likely great, but I don't see how it will be good enough for people to get 3, 4, $500 worth of value out of it. Its been so successful, that I think its now nearly impossible for it to live up to its hype.

only $30.00 is required for the full game on release. Single player Squadron 42, Persistent Universe, and it has been a while since I last checked but I believe tools for private servers etc.

Right, but a lot of the serious fan base seems to be much more heavily invested. I see huge potential for buyers remorse.

Why care what other people are doing? They're adults. They can do what they like. If YOU want to back it to the tune of $30, then that's your choice. If you want to put in more, then so be it. I've backed both SC and ED to the tune of around $150... which is about what a decent CE version of a game is worth (here in Australia). I admit I find it inconceivable that people spent thousands, but if that's that they want to do, who am I to argue?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released
48. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Sep 30, 2014, 19:01 Talisorn

JayDeath wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 09:49:
I'm all preloaded but I'm stuck at work. Anyone play yet?

Yes. It's awesome.

News Comments > MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed
95. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 18:36 Talisorn

Who the fuck cares? Notch hit the big time. Good luck to him. He never has to work again if he doesn't want to. Frankly, I'm a little jealous. He's living the dream of every programmer.  

News Comments > Trion Worlds DDoSed
7. Re: Trion Worlds DDoSed Sep 14, 2014, 22:22 Talisorn

I've finding it hard to tell the difference between the people doing this and the brown smear on toilet paper, except for the fact you can flush toilet paper. Can anyone enlighten me further?  

News Comments > Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed
23. Re: Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed Sep 4, 2014, 23:49 Talisorn

garrywong wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 15:43:
I don't get it. How does anyone expect Valve to fully refund a game purchase when they only take a supposedly 30% cut of the purchase?

And how does that differ from any other store that offers refunds?

News Comments > Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed
22. Re: Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed Sep 4, 2014, 23:48 Talisorn

Cutter wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 11:41:
To do business in a foreign country you're subject to their laws. They could block them. But yes you're right, people can just proxy around that. However, that's needlessly losing a large amount of revenue versus how much refunds will cost them. I'll have to look it into but I could swear Canada and plenty of other European countries have similar laws on the books. Gaben and Valve already have more money than stink, so forcing them to do the right thing is long overdue.

Absolutely. By "flipping the bird" at local laws, they will do themselves a great disservice. What's to stop them flouting the laws of any country? Companies like Valve are not above the law, even though they sometimes act like it. This is well overdue.

News Comments > Sims 4 Pirate Copies Pixelated
30. Re: Sims 4 Pirate Copies Pixelated Sep 4, 2014, 23:33 Talisorn

I approve. This is the way to stick it to pirate scum.  

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Video
18. Re: Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Video Aug 24, 2014, 19:14 Talisorn

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 14:21:
I am ready, bring it to market!

I have one. It's not ready. While the head tracking is spot on, the screendoor effect and chromatic aberration is still very noticeable. They need a new approach to screens for VR. They either need to look at concave/bendable screens or larger pixels to eliminate the black space.

Also, HL2 made me very sick ... but I think that's just a setting thing.

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor in November
3. Re: Warlords of Draenor in November Aug 14, 2014, 20:56 Talisorn

Regardless of what you think of WoW, Blizzards cinematic division never disappoints.

Edit:oops

This comment was edited on Aug 14, 2014, 21:02.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added
24. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Aug 3, 2014, 17:16 Talisorn

dizave wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 15:34:
...NERDS!

Seriously, you guys are arguing over which pre-release product is better. That's like comparing two dog turds from two different breeds of dog. At the end of the day, they are both smelly, gross turds. Not only that, but your PAYING to smell these turds? Premium beta? This is a joke right?

Obvious troll is obvious.

News Comments > Firefly Online Trailer
2. Re: Firefly Online Trailer Jul 27, 2014, 14:32 Talisorn

This looks better suited to a single player game. And this comes from someone who loves MMOs.  

News Comments > Sacred 3 Trailer
1. Re: Sacred 3 Trailer Jun 25, 2014, 21:02 Talisorn

Ok ... I LOLed.

The game still looks like rubbish, but it was still funny.

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 2014, 21:08.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $46M; May End Stretch Goals
13. Re: Star Citizen Hits $46M; May End Stretch Goals Jun 12, 2014, 23:13 Talisorn

Tom wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 21:50:
I dunno but this finally motivated me to put someone on ignore. Never knew this site had the functionality built-in, just by clicking on their username and then "Ignore this user". Brilliant! Thanks.

This is fantastic! Ok ... so I can see he posted something, but at least my eyes will not be infected with the crap he spews out!

News Comments > Mythic Entertainment Closed
5. Re: Mythic Entertainment Closed May 29, 2014, 19:01 Talisorn

Nighthawk wrote on May 29, 2014, 18:46:
Dark Age of Camelot (2001)

The one bright light in all of that.

But to be honest, I didn't mind Warhammer Online. At that time though, it just wasn't a patch on the 600lb Gorilla in the corner hogging all the MMO bananas.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month
41. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 18, 2014, 20:05 Talisorn

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 17, 2014, 12:43:
Star Citizen is supported by ex star wars wannabes that and lonely geeks that have never had sex.

As a trusty Blues News reporter I have found evidence in video format showing the people that support this game.

See it here.

At least these star wars jedi geeks can get tingles shoot up their legs everytime Roberts tweets. But its getting creepy to even watch the whole thing unfold.

It looks like Jones town complete with a charismatic leader, leading everyone to their doom. The only difference is that at least in Jones town they got some cool aid out of it.

I raise my glass of cool aid to all the geeks that supported this game. Its the same hanger, ship and dodging rocks video.

Nothing else. He is taking you all for a $50 million dollar ride.

Absolutely terrible. Too make it worse they all have Roberts in there going on and on about donations and then showing that video.

Imean people are getting excited and its nothing that $50,000 and one indie could make in 6 months. Seriously, $50 million??? NOTHING BUT machinima. Thats prerendered videos that game makers use to fool gamers...FYI Your $50 million dollars is GONE TOTALLY GONE GEEKS. Its not the first time he has disappeared with the money right?????

You know code name eagle was 100 times more game then this right?

Why does this guy make me think there's a school shooter in the making?

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted
15. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 12, 2014, 22:53 Talisorn

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 12, 2014, 20:10:
In my life I have been screwed over many times. BUT I have never been leaned over and completed used and thrown away... like Rock Star Did with Red Dead Redemption. They made this awesome game and then they turned around and SCREWED US OVER.

NOW I READ THIS? OMG. I HATE ROCKSTAR FOR MAKING SUCH GREAT GAMES. I HATE THEM.

GIVE US THESE GAMES NOW YOU SCUM BAGS.WE ARE THROWING MONEY AT OUR COMPUTER MONITORS.

EA SUCKS ass and rockstar rules...stop teasing us for GODS SAKE we are begging you....

Meds dude. Get back on those meds!

News Comments > Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations
54. Re: Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations May 6, 2014, 01:28 Talisorn

So SCOs old lawyers are working for Zenimax, huh?  

News Comments > The Evil Within Trailer
8. Re: The Evil Within Trailer Apr 9, 2014, 23:04 Talisorn

Needs more Cthulhu monsters!  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth
26. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 4, 2014, 14:00 Talisorn

nin wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 13:57:
Talisorn wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 13:55:
You guys do know this is a Ubisoft game? HAVE YOU NO SHAME!?!?

Is there a problem?

SCREW YOU HIPPIES! IT'S UBISOFT GODDAMNIT!!!

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2014, 15:49.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth
23. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 4, 2014, 13:55 Talisorn

You guys do know this is a Ubisoft game? HAVE YOU NO SHAME!?!?  

894 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo