Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Michael Braun

Real Name Michael Braun   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Talisorn
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 15, 2003, 02:59
Total Comments 884 (Graduate)
User ID 19028

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Firefly Online Trailer
2. Re: Firefly Online Trailer Jul 27, 2014, 14:32 Talisorn

This looks better suited to a single player game. And this comes from someone who loves MMOs.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sacred 3 Trailer
1. Re: Sacred 3 Trailer Jun 25, 2014, 21:02 Talisorn

Ok ... I LOLed.

The game still looks like rubbish, but it was still funny.

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 2014, 21:08.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $46M; May End Stretch Goals
13. Re: Star Citizen Hits $46M; May End Stretch Goals Jun 12, 2014, 23:13 Talisorn

Tom wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 21:50:
I dunno but this finally motivated me to put someone on ignore. Never knew this site had the functionality built-in, just by clicking on their username and then "Ignore this user". Brilliant! Thanks.

This is fantastic! Ok ... so I can see he posted something, but at least my eyes will not be infected with the crap he spews out!

News Comments > Mythic Entertainment Closed
5. Re: Mythic Entertainment Closed May 29, 2014, 19:01 Talisorn

Nighthawk wrote on May 29, 2014, 18:46:
Dark Age of Camelot (2001)

The one bright light in all of that.

But to be honest, I didn't mind Warhammer Online. At that time though, it just wasn't a patch on the 600lb Gorilla in the corner hogging all the MMO bananas.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month
41. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 18, 2014, 20:05 Talisorn

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 17, 2014, 12:43:
Star Citizen is supported by ex star wars wannabes that and lonely geeks that have never had sex.

As a trusty Blues News reporter I have found evidence in video format showing the people that support this game.

See it here.

At least these star wars jedi geeks can get tingles shoot up their legs everytime Roberts tweets. But its getting creepy to even watch the whole thing unfold.

It looks like Jones town complete with a charismatic leader, leading everyone to their doom. The only difference is that at least in Jones town they got some cool aid out of it.

I raise my glass of cool aid to all the geeks that supported this game. Its the same hanger, ship and dodging rocks video.

Nothing else. He is taking you all for a $50 million dollar ride.

Absolutely terrible. Too make it worse they all have Roberts in there going on and on about donations and then showing that video.

Imean people are getting excited and its nothing that $50,000 and one indie could make in 6 months. Seriously, $50 million??? NOTHING BUT machinima. Thats prerendered videos that game makers use to fool gamers...FYI Your $50 million dollars is GONE TOTALLY GONE GEEKS. Its not the first time he has disappeared with the money right?????

You know code name eagle was 100 times more game then this right?

Why does this guy make me think there's a school shooter in the making?

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted
15. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 12, 2014, 22:53 Talisorn

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 12, 2014, 20:10:
In my life I have been screwed over many times. BUT I have never been leaned over and completed used and thrown away... like Rock Star Did with Red Dead Redemption. They made this awesome game and then they turned around and SCREWED US OVER.

NOW I READ THIS? OMG. I HATE ROCKSTAR FOR MAKING SUCH GREAT GAMES. I HATE THEM.

GIVE US THESE GAMES NOW YOU SCUM BAGS.WE ARE THROWING MONEY AT OUR COMPUTER MONITORS.

EA SUCKS ass and rockstar rules...stop teasing us for GODS SAKE we are begging you....

Meds dude. Get back on those meds!

News Comments > Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations
54. Re: Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations May 6, 2014, 01:28 Talisorn

So SCOs old lawyers are working for Zenimax, huh?  

News Comments > The Evil Within Trailer
8. Re: The Evil Within Trailer Apr 9, 2014, 23:04 Talisorn

Needs more Cthulhu monsters!  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth
26. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 4, 2014, 14:00 Talisorn

nin wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 13:57:
Talisorn wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 13:55:
You guys do know this is a Ubisoft game? HAVE YOU NO SHAME!?!?

Is there a problem?

SCREW YOU HIPPIES! IT'S UBISOFT GODDAMNIT!!!

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2014, 15:49.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth
23. Re: Ships Ahoy - South Park: The Stick of Truth Mar 4, 2014, 13:55 Talisorn

You guys do know this is a Ubisoft game? HAVE YOU NO SHAME!?!?  

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans
27. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans Feb 26, 2014, 16:53 Talisorn

More patches and more buggy than the original Daggerfall? Who would have thunk it?  

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling
3. Re: Blizzard Confirms Paid WoW Leveling Feb 25, 2014, 18:56 Talisorn

Cutter wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 18:30:
I so fucking hate Actiblizz now. It actually makes me froth up black bile from the pits of Hell when I even think about them. If Bobby Nodick died of hemorrhoids tomorrow I'd break out the champagne.

So clearly you don't have a strong opinion on the subject?

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials - WoW at 7.8M Subscribers
2. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials - WoW at 7.8M Subscribers Feb 6, 2014, 20:49 Talisorn

NKD wrote on Feb 6, 2014, 18:49:
Not surprised to see a slight uptick in subscribers. Anecdotally, I know a lot of people who largely skipped Pandaria that have resubbed to check out the how the story wraps up in Siege of Orgrimmar, or level new toons to play a different character as main in WoD. They'll get a bigger boost when they ship Warlords. (Rumor has it, this summer.)

I had grave doubts about MoP. I think I was like most people who said "Kung Fu Pandas and Pokemon! BAH!" ... so I didn't bother until I got bored with every other MMO out there. Then I actually tried the expansion ...

I'm a huge fan of good storytelling in any game. Ultima 7 is still my favorite game for that exact reason. And MoP was GREAT storytelling, at least as well as you can within that type of MMO structure. It quickly became one of my favorite expansions for WoW.

News Comments > SOE Closing Four MMOGs
25. Re: SOE Closing Four MMOGs Jan 26, 2014, 02:43 Talisorn

Acleacius wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 10:44:
Ozmodan wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 08:54:
Come on, There was little that was innovative about Vanguard. It would NEVER have competed with Wow to any extent, even if SOE had managed to fix it. Brad is all about having restricted classes so much so that you are running around looking for a specific class to do a dungeon. That is backwards, not innovative in any way. Anyone who thinks the new game will be anything other than that is high on something. Reality says his new game will be a flop.

WoW, innovative...seriously? Despite being pushed out a year early, with a 1/10th of Blizzard's budget and manpower, Vanguard surpassed in almost every category of innovative gameplay and design.

What ... in anything that you quoted above ... said that WoW was innovative. All it said was that there was little in Vanguard that was innovative. And he's right; only thing that Vanguard did that was innovative was the diplomacy system.

Where Vanguard fell over was that IT DIDN'T WORK. It was barely Beta when it was released. I so wanted to like that game, but it failed on every single front. Nothing worked.

WoW/blizzard, isn't about innovation aamof they are about refining and simplifying what had been done before, with a massive budget. They constantly ripped off ideas from Vanguard, not least of which Flying mounts. WoW was about simplicity, not only in system requirements but hand holding solo gameplay. WoW was as much about socializing as it was a game. I see WoW's achievements as introducing simplistic PC gameplay to the masses.

Now that does hit the mark. Blizzard aren't about innovation. They are about taking the ideas that other people put up, polishing them to a fine shine and then putting those features into WoW. And it works for them ...

... but if you're going to look honestly at the history of MMOs, there is little that is truly revolutionary. Each MMO is merely an evolution of the next. They throw in the occasional new feature, but really there hasn't been a truly innovative MMO is many, many years. EQ may have been the last one.

But one thing I don't get is all this bitching and moaning about WoW. So ... it's still the biggest on the block. So what? Games that continually try to compete with WoW will get nowhere. They fail because they themselves try to shape up to the biggest kid in the schoolyard. So far the two games that I know that have deliberately TRIED not to compare themselves to WoW and just do their own thing has been EVE and GW2 ( ... well EVE doesn't care). And they are doing pretty well.

Time for people to get that WoW chip off their shoulder.

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode Coming
64. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Coming Jan 13, 2014, 22:55 Talisorn

Mad Max RW wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 20:47:
You could be thinking of Roshambo (Rosh) who hasn't been around in several years. He was a dumb fucker and a coward.

You could be right about that. It was a while ago and after running in with their mods who penalised those who were not constant naysayers. A good mod should be neutral and consider all opinions. They didn't have good mods.

58. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Coming Jan 13, 2014, 20:38 Talisorn

Mad Max RW wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 17:23:
When was the last time you actually visited NMA? They largely embraced New Vegas and one of their admins, Brother None, currently works at InXile on Wasteland 2. Most of the people are pretty cool. The problem with the place now is a couple of the forum moderators/admins are confirmed bigots and huge racists from the Netherlands who unfairly target normal level headed posters while giving a free pass to the most hate filled anti-Semitic scumbags you'll find anywhere on the internet. Because of them the forum activity dropped off the planet in the last year until Brother None was forced to step in. Whining about Interplay/Bethesda/whatever is so 10 years ago.

Admittedly the last time I was there was when they whined and complained that Fallout 3 was being made. The problem with the place then was a couple of the forum moderators/admins we so change averse, they unfairly target normal level headed posters while giving a free pass to the most other hate filled anti-Bethesda luddite scumbags. Unfortunately, from memory Brother None was one of them, or at least pandered to them.

It looks like nothing much changed.

57. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Coming Jan 13, 2014, 20:29 Talisorn

Cutter wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 16:56:
You however sound like a sellout. Fun with perception 101.

Yeah? Screw you too! Personally I don't see saying to myself "I'll get this when they allow offline mode", and then following through with that as selling out.

Have fun in perception 101.

44. Re: SimCity Offline Mode Coming Jan 13, 2014, 16:42 Talisorn

Ah ... Blues News! What happened to you? You really have become to PC gaming what that bitter and twisted "No Mutants Allowed" people are to Fallout. Two and a half pages of whining and not one positive comment. Reality check: You all sound like a bunch of self-entitled little bitches. GROW UP!

Well all I can say is FINALLY I can get to play this game as I wanted to play. It may be late in the day, but at least I now get to play.

This comment was edited on Jan 13, 2014, 16:55.

News Comments > Midwinter Remake Plans
5. Re: Midwinter Remake Plans Jan 11, 2014, 14:54 Talisorn

I loved this game back in the day. I'd back this in a heartbeat.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking
5. Re: Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking Jan 7, 2014, 20:52 Talisorn

DangerDog wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 20:43:
But can they do anything about causing your vision to go all wonky after using it a short while, people report of needing up to a half hour to return to normal after using it a short time.

If you're talking about the feeling ill part, that apparently has to do with the latency between head movement and the image appearing on the screen. Even if you can't consciously perceive the lag, the brain still does unconsciously. The sweet spot is around 30ms. They are aiming from between 15ms and 20ms as the final target.

884 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo