Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Devon

Real Name Devon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname [SC]TherMight
Email devon@eversmile.com
ICQ 2442994
Description Game Developer, C++, Java, DirectX/Windows
Recently 1 of 3 programmers on Mattel's best-selling Christmas game for '99
Working on a UnrealScript game type
Available for contracting, can supply additional developers for larger contracts
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 10, 2000, 22:31
Total Comments 18 (Suspect)
User ID 1900

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Dropping GFWL for Steam
11. Re: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Dropping GFWL for Steam Oct 21, 2014, 13:55 [SC]TherMight

Fantastic. Good riddance GFWL.

Great game. Excited to get my saves into steam cloud and actually connect with people better with steam than that GFWL crap.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 16, 2014, 10:58 [SC]TherMight

Texting doesn't hurt kids grammar or spelling skills?

r U cr4zy d00d?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 1, 2014, 20:17 [SC]TherMight

The Witcher Battle Arena was incorrectly entered into mobile section. It's a MOBA game aka Multiplayer Online Battle Arena like LoL.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Do not buy TRITTON headsets! Jun 9, 2014, 14:17 [SC]TherMight

These headsets are horribly cheaply made. Before I bought one I read an Amazon review warning that the plastic is cheap and will snap too easily. I figured why would it snap if I was gentle with it?

Well guess what, accidents happen. Admittedly *I* dropped my headset one time. Sure enough the plastic piece they were talking about snapped off immediately and this was just after 30 days so I could not return it and didn't want to bother RMAing it because I didn't want another headset that would just break again.

On the other hand I have dropped and brutalized my Astro A40s many times and they are still perfect.

Do not buy TRITTON. Cheap crap. No wonder they had to sell out to Mad Catz.

News Comments > Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned
39. Re: Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned Apr 21, 2014, 19:23 [SC]TherMight

As a Nightblade I have played through the 50 level main quest and all guild quests successfully and gotten into VR1 content.

100% of Nightblade is NOT bugged. It was perfectly reasonable to ship them as is and tweak later. It's a really fun and versatile class. I pvp as well though my main focus is getting VR5 or VR10 first. Also very excited about VR10 for Craiglorn end game PvE that is coming.

I have had no problems killing nor staying alive with a couple different dual wield assassin builds for different situations.

I swap to bow for ranged kite/survival as needed but only really need 2 bow actives and 1 dual wield skill. Rest is all class skills from the 3 trees.

As for bans or exploiters or bots this has not bothered me.
It is not hard to get hits on the boss of a dungeon with all the other yahoos hanging around. Sometimes I stop and farm a couple bosses before moving on but that takes too much time as the respawn timer is long now.

Gold spammers aren't a problem once you get out of the noob areas.

The bank and guild bank works fine. It occasionally slows to sync. Big deal.

Mountains out of mole hills in typical internet fashion here. IF you are looking for an excuse not to play an MMO it's not that hard to dream one up or assume the worst. If you want a fun and functional MMO to play ESO is that.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2014, 13:10 [SC]TherMight

NotOneOfUs wrote on Mar 24, 2014, 10:29:
My Astro A40s have been serving me damn well for years.

Pricey, but worth the cost.

Astro A40s. Every bit worth it. Built like a tank. Has attachments for consoles too. You can skip the mixamp to save cost.

I like "around the ear" "can" headsets for comfort of being able to play for hours without my ears hurting.

Do NOT buy Tritton. They crack apart if you drop them once.
I won't buy Turtle Beach again as they cramped my ears from the sides.
Plantronics are kind of like Toyota. They work but are cheap.

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar Trailer (Catch Up)
4. Re: Shroud of the Avatar Trailer (Catch Up) Aug 1, 2013, 12:33 [SC]TherMight

I played every Ultima but U V as it came out. Love British and the franchiise. I think I finished first 7 of those games completely.

But... why am I a bit worried watching this at the ambition of trying to convince modern gamers its worthwhile to chat in text to the NPCs?

Also hope he has some auto-arrange or list based version of inventory.

Seriously though best of luck to British on this.

News Comments > Dota 2 for OS X and Linux Released
3. Re: Dota 2 for OS X and Linux Released Jul 19, 2013, 17:56 [SC]TherMight

My buddy is getting this for Linux. Can a Windows 8 client play seemlessly together with Linux players? I assume so... but some games partition their community by OS/platform.

Thanks in advance. And thanks for those tips above.

News Comments > SimCity 2.0 Plans
15. Re: SimCity 2.0 Plans Mar 29, 2013, 02:46 [SC]TherMight

From that "feature" list of 2.0 it looks like they are following this formula:

EA's v2.0 = Most companies v1.0 + Huge steaming piles of fail

News Comments > EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs
6. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 16:08 [SC]TherMight

Great reason to stop ever beta testing for EA.
Good chance you'll lose access to all their games due to their own bugs.

News Comments > Dark Souls II Announcement
15. Re: Dark Souls II Announcement Dec 10, 2012, 16:33 [SC]TherMight

This is like saying "Harry Potter will be fighting Evil with is wand... again" Of course DkS2 is going to be dark... More info please FromSoftware!  

News Comments > Obsidian Kickstarter
10. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 14, 2012, 15:52 [SC]TherMight

Backed. Go for the WIN Obsidian.

They honestly should have asked for more money. Makes me nervous budgeting only $1.1M when blockbusters like Assasin's Creed are throwing bazillians at their titles.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2012, 13:52 [SC]TherMight

I live in Glendale, CA working for a gaming/tech/web company. As far a LA suburbs go it's a good town. There are not really "bad" parts of town.

Decent temperature all around the year, a/c is a good idea for 1-2 months during the summer when it can warm up. Personally haven't even used the heater in my house for years, but I love the cold.

News Comments > UT2004 Beta Patches
21. Much more than a replay of UT original! Sep 12, 2004, 20:45 [SC]TherMight

No, ut2k4 is much much more than this. Don't let the uninformed sway you. More new game types than any other game, better balance, more weapons. My personal favorite new gametype the is Vehicle CTF on the http://kushut.com servers that are in westcoast.

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance SP Demo
33. Re: Lol Sep 11, 2004, 05:03 [SC]TherMight

Wow. That was... very short.

I have a gripe with the pickups.

The packs were really underwhelming. It felt like there was no feedback whatsoever when you activated one. Speed didn't feel very speedy, there was no sound I could tell associated with it, like you get when you activate speed adrenaline in UT2k4. If I was watching better I guess I would have seen less damage with shield pack. Repair seemed to do virtually nothing. or maybe it was just the chaos of an arena that those packs seemed wasted on for demonstration purposes (not that a multiplayer game is any less chaotic).

I would have liked some way of going back and looking at some of the instructional messages on the weapons and packs, and the area around which you can activate a pack from the ground is quite small and the packs and weapons are not easily distinguished from each other. I can imagine walking back and forth trying to figure out what I'm activating and then I'm dead from enemies.

In multiplayer you want some easy kills? Just drop a couple packs and kill people off as they stoop to scrutinize the pretty shiny penny.

News Comments > UT2004 Bonus Maps
6. Re: Lol Apr 2, 2004, 14:19 [SC]TherMight

Hahahahaha! Talk about a desperate attempt by the evil empire!

Is this the best they can do to try to shovel that crap operating system down our throats?

Clearly nobody needs windows XP. Now game companies are having their arms twisted to do the Dark one's bidding? WTF!?!

I'll just wait an hour or two until someone makes the workaround distribution for it.

News Comments > Anarchy Online Shadowlands Date
1. No subject Jul 1, 2003, 12:19 [SC]TherMight

Shadowlands is already looking like a phenomenal new set of gameplay dynamics and publicly released screen shots show an incredible and deep improvement in graphics.

It is good to see Funcom is not letting themselves be rushed along too much by Star Wars Galaxies recent release. Great plan, take your time, do it right and polish it!

-- Munkeezon of various AO worlds

News Comments > AO Shadowlands Pay Beta
5. Re: Why Bother? Jun 19, 2003, 02:52 [SC]TherMight

Here is a perspective from someone who plays AO regularly for the past year and also for many months on the live Test server they have there (which has hundreds of dedicated testers who pay their monthly AO fee but CHOOSE to live on the test server where there is a different sort of family community, they have a chance to improve AO, and also to preview changes before they hit the live server, and help provide final QA feedback as a reality check for Funcom QA.

* This beta has not even been seen by most of the Testlive community yet. I'm sure that will change, but basically it has gone through only internal and a VERY private beta for invited participants

* Therefore it is early beta code, likely quite unbalanced still.

* The release appears timed right as the Star Wars Galaxy beta is winding down with SWG's imminent release.

* AO is an amazing game, very involving on many facets. Shadowlands is basically another game on top of it that hopefully will give already satisfied players another couple years of fun.

* So I hope that a tremendous amount of you who are considering Star Wars Galaxies give it a try for a measly $7 fileplanet fee (or who knows maybe it will go to free fileplanet trial, maybe not)

18 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo