Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tennisman

Real Name Tennisman   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 11, 2003, 13:25
Total Comments 5 (Suspect)
User ID 18990

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > DX: Invisible War Wednesday
50. Re: I noticed this... Dec 2, 2003, 09:00 Tennisman

I love watching the whiners. The pure defenition of "Ignorance is bliss". Guys that haven't even played the title wildly running about like chickens screaming "The sky is falling". And the demo doesn't really count since it had about as much content as a pre-alpha build.
The Reviews for the game have been consistently high. (All above 8.0 and higher) For me, I've been following the industry most of my life, I'm old enough now (34) to know when a game is going to be solid or not by judging reviews.
I've played the demo and found the game absorbing like the original with much more atmosphere this time. The Reviews have ranged from OXM's 9.1 to Gamespot's 8.0, but none of them have given the game lower than a "great" rating. That's consistency in my book and warrents my own personal evaluation. Some people like to complain just to be different from the bandwagon, it happened with every other big name title released such as Halo etc and will happen again with HL2 and Doom 3.Let them speak their ignorant minds because as we know, Opinions are like assholes, and we all have one.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DX: Invisible War Movie
58. Re: fox news article Nov 28, 2003, 09:51 Tennisman

#57 I agree with most of what you said except the porting of PC games to console. The real purpose and the reason XBox was built was to be a "midway" between the PC and console. In fact, that was XBox's early codename at MS. Midway.
I believe games can be ported from PC's to consoles and vice versa and be done in a way that respects the platform it's ported to. Morrowind is a perfect example. The developers understood the inherant differences between PC's and consoles and completely redesigned the interfaces for both games. Now in the case of Deus Ex, I think the devs took the lazy route and tried to create a unified interface that would work on both systems, but I don't think that really works. I'm a diehard PC gamer for many years now, but I also appreciate console games too. I think consoles are becoming the next milleniums PC's. Currently they are harnessing the power of some of the best games even the PC can deliver, and with built in HD's they can do things what once only PC's could do.

News Comments > New Call of Duty Demo
10. Re: MoH 2 Oct 27, 2003, 13:48 Tennisman

Considering the game is being made by most of the core developers of MOH that would be a fair assumption. However, EA owns the rights to the MOH franchise and the original developers wanted to take it in a direction that the corporate bigwigs at EA didn't. Therefore they broke off and started their own company, hence Call of Duty. And it's more realistic take on World War 2.
I think COD is going to be an amazing game made by great developers who already have a strong resume under their belts with MOH. I loved both of the demos released so far and look forward to the full game. This will be a much more realistic portrayal of WW2 being part of a greater whole rather than the sole hero.

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 13:51.

News Comments > Call of Duty Movie - Demo Plans
16. Re: where is this demo Oct 11, 2003, 11:31 Tennisman

Number 13, the problem with your logic is that unlike most FPS's, players are portrayed as the hero. Giving them freedom of choice to do what they need within the constraints of the game. In COD, your very much part of a structured team and under command. Therefore there won't be as much overall freedom particularly in the early stages of the game. Once you gain more experience and advance deeper into the story and improve your ranks, freedom will come with higher rank.
The main point of COD is being part of a greater whole and not the hero.

News Comments > Call of Duty Movie - Demo Plans
9. Re: No subject Oct 11, 2003, 09:26 Tennisman

Actually I thought the Dawnville demo was much more solid thematically than the first. It had a stronger direction and sense of purpose than the first. If your a mindless shooter fan then the first demo would appeal to your Unreal Tournament sensibilities. For those looking with a shooter that has a little more depth it would be the Dawnville scenario. You get a much stronger sense that something needs accomplished in this than you did in the first one.
I've been gaming far longer than many here being 34, and can honestly say, out of all my years of gaming I haven't experienced such a well rounded demo as these two. The word "Intense" never really meant anything for any other demo I've played (And I've played most) but Call of Duty surely seems destined to be an instant classic.

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 09:32.

5 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo