Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob Sagget

Real Name Bob Sagget   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname heropsycho
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2003, 03:55
Total Comments 15 (Suspect)
User ID 18963

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Deathmatch & SDK Released
36. Re: Tweaks and fixes... Dec 1, 2004, 11:31 heropsycho

LOL, didn't even know there was a patch for Doom 3 because I don't play it anymore.

I have an ATI 9800 XT. I get "memory cannot be "read"" errors after about 20-30 minutes of play.

Rest of specs in case you're curious...

Athlon 3200+
1 gig PC3200
SB Audigy
120 gig hard drive with 80 gigs free

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Deathmatch & SDK Released
32. Re: Tweaks and fixes... Dec 1, 2004, 11:04 heropsycho

While stylistically, I don't agree with his post, the man has a point. CS : S crashes on me, HL2 crashes on me. Researched it online, nothing fixes the problem. There are thousands of people with stability problems, and have wasted time updating drivers, flashing BIOS's, toying with game settings like lowering texture and sound quality, and it's still happening. Valve hasn't said a thing about it yet. It's been a couple of weeks now. Come on Valve! (Incidentally, NO other game I have is crashing, including Doom 3, Far Cry, IL-2 Forgotten Battles Expansion, Call of Duty, everything is running perfectly BUT HL2.)

I have to point this out although HL2 is more fun to play -- I didn't have one single problem playing Doom 3, and they still haven't made a patch for it.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. gAIM - watch out for corrupted download Oct 20, 2004, 23:19 heropsycho

gAIM off all the mirrors is corrupted. Watch out...

News Comments > New ATI Drivers
8. Re: Catalyst 5.0 Oct 15, 2004, 00:24 heropsycho

Yeah...I mean Doom 3 ran like dog crap on my 9800 Pro...you know...1024x768 set to high quality on a 128M card at perfectly playable frame rates! ATI is so incompetent!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Bad link Oct 1, 2004, 00:55 heropsycho

Blue...

Bad link on Planning to dump IE? story...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Athlon 64 Cooler Sep 5, 2004, 08:47 heropsycho

I found the retail boxed cooler to not be very good at all. I ended up replacing it in several systems I built because of relatively high temperature readings. When you factor in a Thermaltake Venus 12 is about $30 shipped, why take chances? Get the good stuff!

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint 2 Date Update
19. Re: No subject Aug 7, 2004, 02:30 heropsycho

I still play it with some buddies via internet every so often.

email me at amargeson@hotmail.com if any of you guys want to join us. We play coop only.

150. Re: Doom Schloom Aug 5, 2004, 04:08 heropsycho

"Political discussion predicated on factual history shows I'm virtually always correct.

Gaming history predicated on fact says that my assertion that HL2 will own DOOM 3 is pretty much assured as well. "

As a historian, I'm puzzled that you put that much faith in Valve (yes, I said faith, because you don't know the answer). How many games did Valve ever make? Half Life, and...

I can demonstrate that there have been developers who made one great game and couldn't reproduce the results again. Here's to hoping that's not true, but no one truly knows how well Valve will do with HL2.

I can also demonstrate that everyone who thinks they know the the future without a doubt is proven wrong.

"Just like I said that Bush was lying about Hussein being an imminent threat. Just like I said when Kerry would clinch the democratic nomination when everyone said Dean had it locked. I once again prophesy that HL2 will own DOOM3, and that will be the gaming community at large agreeing with that."

Man, that's impressive you knew Saddam Hussein wasn't an imminent threat. It's not like your view wasn't adopted by most experts on international policy and the international community...oh, wait, IT WAS!

And it's not like grassroots type candidates (Deane) end up losing time and time again to well established and funded candidates with their respective parties (Kerry). *cough* McCain vs. Bush Jr. *cough*

You're not special.

P.S. BRING IT ON! :-P

News Comments > MS Security Patch
42. Re: gee Jul 30, 2004, 19:16 heropsycho

The other reason Mozilla doesn't get hacked is it doesn't have nearly the security holes in it, either.

*cough ACTIVE X *cough*

I like Microsoft products, but you're delusional if you think Internet Explorer in its current state is secure.

The old monoculture thing is half the truth. Yes, because IE is the predominant browser on the market, and so it's a juicier target. But when's the last time you've heard of a mozilla or firefox browser hijacking?!

News Comments > Counter Strike: Source Beta Plans
26. Re: No subject Jul 25, 2004, 13:46 heropsycho

(To the tune of Monty Python's Spam...)

Troll, Troll, Troll, Troll, Troll, Troll, Troll, Troll, Troll, Troll,Troll....

TROOOOOOOOOOOOLL!

This trolling thread is much too troll-like. It's filled of trolls.

News Comments > IL-2 Expansion Plans
4. What did you expect? Jan 31, 2004, 14:31 heropsycho

Just when IL-2 without an expansion pack kicks my butt, just what I need - an expansion pack.

News Comments > Op Flashpoint Beta, Mod
10. What did you expect? Jan 28, 2004, 22:18 heropsycho

Well, the group I play with every Saturday night, I prefer to play on Cadet mode simply because we invite newer guys in, and we don't practice closely. We just play, so if you're on vet mode, you don't know who is friendly and who is foe. If I were playing with a very serious squad who practiced several times a week, I'd love to play vet, but as it is, vet = me getting shot by my own teammates.

I'd invite any of you guys into our group to play, but we incidentally switched our official saturday night game to IL-2: Forgotten Battles. Too bad though, because I had a linux dedicated server for FP which ran great! We still play if from time to time though...

Speaking of which, where is the linux dedicated server for 1.96 beta?
This comment was edited on Jan 28, 22:19.

37. What did you expect? Dec 20, 2003, 12:14 heropsycho

According to the specs, it's a 9800 non pro since it has a 580MHz RAM clock. Other than that, I don't know anything about it.

Screw if it has HL2. What would be more beneficial is to know if it has Samsung RAM on it. If it does, you should be able to flash the BIOS on the video card to a 9800 Pro model. Samsung memory is well known to overclock to 9800 Pro speeds. Basically, you'd have a 9800 Pro at that point for $259, which is a great deal! Again, I don't know if it does, but search the net for that info instead!

News Comments > ATI HL2 Bundle Update
27. What did you expect? Oct 26, 2003, 21:12 heropsycho

Bottom line is ATI is sleeping with Valve, so only Valve could give the bonus, and there's not much Valve has made...so you get Valve's skanky daughter, who has been evidently a good lay for many years, but the problem is you've had her already a billion times, and she's starting to get wrinkly and old! ;-)

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 21:13.

News Comments > New ATI CATALYST Drivers
30. Re: Wait... Oct 8, 2003, 23:56 heropsycho

They're rediculous? How about your total disrespect and vulgarity in your reply?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 23:57.

15 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo