Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Cpl Hans Chad Varn

Real Name Cpl Hans Chad Varn   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jedi Knight USMC
Email jedi.knight@sc.rr.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://gamers-empire.com
Signed On Oct 4, 2003, 18:59
Total Comments 42 (Suspect)
User ID 18898

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > DCS: UH-1H Huey Announced
8. Re: DCS: UH-1H Huey Announced Oct 9, 2012, 13:17 Jedi Knight USMC

I'll be more exicited when they annouce they are putting out a AH-64 Apache sim to go with this series. Really need a good Lonbow successor.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarCraft II LAN Dropped Due to Piracy
30. Re: StarCraft II LAN Dropped Due to Piracy Jun 30, 2009, 12:57 Jedi Knight USMC

No LAN play simply put is, well BOLLOCKS! I for one love playing against my son on a LAN game. Oh well I wasn't so thrilled about buying 3 freakin' games anyway.  

News Comments > 3DR/DNF Rumors Follow-up
16. Re: Aug 31, 2006, 14:33 Jedi Knight USMC

If this thing is sooo f'in close to being finished then why no screenies, vids etc.? I call shananigans!

News Comments > TerraWars: New York Invasion Revealed
14. Re: No subject Apr 16, 2006, 17:24 Jedi Knight USMC

Holy shit batman did they outsource Duke Forever to the Philipines?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: RIAA bans what? Feb 13, 2006, 18:43 Jedi Knight USMC

Amen to that, the RIAA can kiss my entire black arse!

News Comments > Starship Troopers Patch
26. Re: Sorry Nov 16, 2005, 20:30 Jedi Knight USMC

Shataan...errgg no such word as IRREGARDLESS...just say "regardless"...

News Comments > Starship Troopers Demo
44. Re: No subject Sep 1, 2005, 19:39 Jedi Knight USMC

I think you just nailed it. Right on.

News Comments > Jack Thompson vs. The Sims
54. Re: spam him Jul 24, 2005, 00:33 Jedi Knight USMC

Ant it is indeed his e-mail as he accisentally sent the e-mail to the ESRB board and it has been posted at various gaming sites.

53. Re: No subject Jul 24, 2005, 00:31 Jedi Knight USMC

No problem chip at all...copy away!

40. Re: No subject Jul 23, 2005, 07:09 Jedi Knight USMC

Granted I did call him an idiot first, but indeed he has no clue about the industry he is sooo quick to attack. I hope those transcripts give you folks insight into the diluted mind of this arrogant individual. In the transscripts is his e-mail. I urge ALL of us to write him and let him know one voice supported by thousands CAN make a difference. i have also sent e-mails to Senators who are part of this entire issue i.e. Clinton, Lieberman et al. Let's get to work on writing some letters folks. Also pass on these transcripts to any media outlets so the media can see this jackass for what he truly is.

28. Re: No subject Jul 23, 2005, 00:44 Jedi Knight USMC

This is a dialog between myself and Mr. Tjhompson, the first part is at the bottom and works up...enjoy. Sorry about the length...

I have met Col. North and he thinks Iím a great patriot. Just FYI now this is MY last warning. DO NOT RESPOND!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2005 9:58 AM
To: hvarn@sc.rr.com
Subject: Re: Open letter

You're a disgrace to the Corps. Ollie North would want you to know

----- Original Message -----

To: 'Jack Thompson'

Sent: Friday, July 15, 2005 9:43 AM

Subject: RE: Open letter

Closed minded? Thatís the pot calling the kettle black. In history the voice of ONE has changed the world, shame you forgot that. Nerd? Thank you for the compliment, my God you are a bully. I HAVE FORWARDED THESE TO Senators Clinton and Lieberman, so they may see how rude you are indeed.

Kind Regards,

Cpl. H. C. Varn

Sent: Friday, July 15, 2005 9:31 AM

you're right. you're an audience of one. if you do the math, Einstein, you can see I am wasting my time bothering with a close-minded nerd. bug off. last warning

Sent: Friday, July 15, 2005 9:27 AM

Because you have no substance to your charges, Iíll bet if I was MSNBC, CBS et al youíd have some great comment pre-typed and ready to go. You see you should make the time, as the politicians youíre trying to bring on board are the ones we citizens elect and as constituents we can make or break political careers. I think you have some serious childhood issues you may want to sort out.

Regards, Semper Fidelis,

Cpl H. Chad Varn

hvarn@sc.rr.com

www.chadvarn.com

Sent: Friday, July 15, 2005 9:21 AM

I don't have time for your "charges." Go semper fidelis yourself.

Sent: Friday, July 15, 2005 9:20 AM

No sir, you embarrass the nation. Pity you canít respond to my charges against you. Like a bad B-movie you can only offer pithy one liners. Iím making sure all communications to and from you are forwarded to the many arms of the gaming and national press.

Regards, Semper Fidelis,

Cpl H. Chad Varn

hvarn@sc.rr.com

www.chadvarn.com

Sent: Friday, July 15, 2005 9:15 AM

get lost. you embarrass the Corps

Sent: Friday, July 15, 2005 8:58 AM

Actually sir, I am an English major, 6 year veteran of the US Marine Corps and the parent of two loving children. Too many games my arse; I figured why bother with correct grammatical form when you havenít bothered with correct thinking and logic, instead you offer a subtle insult. Oh by the way, how do you fit into those goose-stepping boots? To think the six years I spent defending folkís freedom you would like to just throw away. Not on my watch Mr. Thompson, my brethren and I have paid too dear a price. Oh here is the first sentence reworked with your precious damned verb. You sir, are a blithering idiot! (Blithering is a verb intransitive BTW). In your day, politicians attacked comics, now games are the new scapegoats. Pity your ilk wonít blame the real culprits of societyís woes and the many Columbines theretofore produced; POOR PARENTING. Your scarcely even understand the media you are so quick to attack. When was the last time you played a MODERN video game, without being guided through it by those who cater to your goal? A majority of the gaming industry produces quality, entertaining and less controversial titles.

Regards, Semper Fidelis,

Cpl H. Chad Varn
hvarn@sc.rr.com

www.chadvarn.com

Sent: Friday, July 15, 2005 6:51 AM

your first sentence is missing a verb. too many games, no doubt.

To: jackpeace@comcast.net

Sent: Friday, July 15, 2005 6:41 AM

Subject: Open letter

Mr. Thompson,

You sir an idiot. You are about as educated on the video game industry as I am on nuclear medicine (big hint, Iím not!). One again you and your pundits of political lunacy are using the video game industry as your whipping boy. Funny how Hollywood churns out vulgarity after vulgarity yet you raise not one eyebrow? Funny how your kind forced the music industry to put labels on albums with obscene language. At least the video game industry self imposed ratings on itís product. Thus far it had worked. As a worker in the industry I see idiot parents buy stuff for their kids without regard for the warnings. Perhaps you should blame them not the ESRB or its leadership. Being a republican myself, you make me sick. After reading your open letter I was reminded of the McCarthy hearings in the 50ís and how witch hunters such as yourself almost turned America into the spitting image of Nazi Germany. Video games DO fall under constitutional protection. DO NOT go down that road you are trying to go down. It leads to a place our forefathers would definitely fear. People like you are book burners, no better than Hitlerís goose-stepping SS. I can only pray that your efforts fail.

Submitted,

Cpl H. Chad Varn

hvarn@sc.rr.com

www.chadvarn.com

This comment was edited on Jul 23, 00:46.

News Comments > BF2 Ship Date
18. Re: When BF1942 launched Jun 1, 2005, 20:44 Jedi Knight USMC

Parallax: It was NOT that unstable, I have 3 PC's in my home and it ran great on each one. Even the demos where more stable than most "finished" products. To say MOST is not accurate, have you seen it played on "MOST" systems? I think not. I'll save any speculation for either the demo release or once I pick up a copy and see for myself.

News Comments > Gears of War PC Follow-up
16. Re: Schwag May 26, 2005, 15:14 Jedi Knight USMC

Also glancing at the bag of money......yep that just about sums it up eh? But hey everybody is a whore at one time or another, money talks, bullshit walks!

News Comments > Ghost Recon 3 Announced
7. Re: Same craptacular gameplay as GR2 May 13, 2005, 15:21 Jedi Knight USMC

Ditto to what Geese said, I love all gaming platforms. Most real gamers do. Bad enough we have racism, now there's consolism? J/K.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
8. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2005, 15:02 Jedi Knight USMC

With my 19inch flat panel playing @ 60gz isn't bad at all, but then again flat panals work different, so I haven't missed the refresh override at all.

News Comments > Act of War: Direct Action Demo
10. Re: Download.com = FAST! Jan 14, 2005, 19:01 Jedi Knight USMC

The way airsupport is handled is unique compared to Generals in that you don't have to click on the craft to control them and they are not completely controllable. It functions more like a turn based startegy game in that you just asign the target and then let them fly. The graphics and gameplay compared to Generals leans more towards realism. Some of the units are futuristic prototypes but nonetheless are real world based. You make money by capturing enemies which is a complete departure from Generals(C&C in general). This will make players think twice before nuking an opponent. I'v played the demo level now several times and have noticed some other features but honestly, I think once you play it you'll see the similarities and differnces yourself.

News Comments > Act of War: Direct Action Demo
6. Re: How is it though? Jan 14, 2005, 16:17 Jedi Knight USMC

I've just finished the demo and it's quite good. Has a bit of a Genrals flavor but it is way better looking and has some unique elements added to it. The demo is a bit large but oh well, I guess some of you had to have something to bitch about.

News Comments > Rainbow Six 4 Announced
18. Re: I hope they stop before... Nov 30, 2004, 16:00 Jedi Knight USMC

From the screenshots and teaser trailer I think it's safe to say that RS3 will be the last "realistic" iteration of the series. Looks like their doing to RS4 what they did to GR2...make it "fun" and less realistic for simpletons that are afraid of one shot one kill type games.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: That's OK, Blue! Oct 6, 2004, 09:15 Jedi Knight USMC

God bless ya Rodney!, You got my respect! A legend that will be missed!

News Comments > UT2004 Editor's Choice Edition Bonus Pack
8. Re: No subject Sep 23, 2004, 19:28 Jedi Knight USMC

When you install the bonus pack it updates the manual that's in the manual folder with pics of new vehicles. The manual is of course in Adobe.

42 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo