Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dave

Real Name Dave   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dr_Dissent
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Me.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 29, 2003, 20:00
Total Comments 98 (Suspect)
User ID 18829

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated "M"
80. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated Jan 24, 2014, 01:29 Dr_Dissent

With regard to Thief, I don't get the complaints. Who cares? The game is not about sex. Brothels and opium sound like they fit just fine in this world. There would probably be plenty of both. What would be weird is if they weren't there. Just because there's people having sex in the game doesn't mean you have to pause the game and go twist one off. You can just keep playing.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated "M"
15. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated Jan 23, 2014, 11:16 Dr_Dissent

Not worried about nudity or cursing in Thief. I'm an adult, though, so I don't have to ask my parents if it's okay. Brothels and opium fit just fine with the pseudo fictional period and cursing is a fucking reality as well.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2013, 11:51 Dr_Dissent

Hey, guys... It's Friday.  

News Comments > Enslaved: Odyssey for PCs This Month
5. Re: Enslaved: Odyssey for PCs This Month Oct 10, 2013, 13:54 Dr_Dissent

NotOneOfUs wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 13:48:
That's... quite the divorce settlement.

Well, she also got a number of other games, an XBox, a big-screen TV, lots of movies, everything of value from the kitchen, some furniture, and about $80,000. Every time anyone asks me if I have x, I always reply, "I used to have x..."

News Comments > Enslaved: Odyssey for PCs This Month
2. Re: Enslaved: Odyssey for PCs This Month Oct 10, 2013, 13:21 Dr_Dissent

I loved this game. Played it all the way through and would definitely play it again. Unfortunately, my ex-wife took it in the divorce. I'll be getting it on PC for sure. Highly recommended.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter
20. Re: Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter Nov 6, 2012, 12:40 Dr_Dissent

Well, I've lost more money in Vegas--and the potential win here is far greater than for any bet I've made there. I have so many fond memories of Elite as a child that I feel I already owe the guy money anyway.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Allow or Deny (iPhone) Feb 16, 2007, 14:16 Dr_Dissent

lol@Bonesspam

News Comments > EVE Online Scandal Follow-up
35. Re: Constantly amazed. Feb 9, 2007, 22:15 Dr_Dissent

It never once has ceased to amaze me, exactly how into these games some people can get. The game is an economics/business simulator with a pretty graphics engine and some combat, and people treat it as if their real money is on the line.

There IS real money on the line--$15 a month and a lot of wasted time.

Although I no longer play this game, this kind of pisses me off. I can't believe they're not firing the developer caught cheating. He claimed he was "sorry"--but, if he were truly sorry, he wouldn't have waited for someone to blow the whistle. I am quite certain, however, that he's sorry he got caught.
This comment was edited on Feb 9, 22:22.

News Comments > EVE Online Scandal Follow-up
19. Sense Feb 9, 2007, 17:58 Dr_Dissent

Developers should play on a separate server. Anyone would be able to play on that server--but it would be labeled as a test server. Anything short of that is asking for people to cancel their accounts.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Patriots
10. Terrorists? Jan 24, 2007, 02:50 Dr_Dissent

Please. Anyone that feels more threatened by "terrorists" than their own government obviously isn't paying attention.

News Comments > Steamfall
3. Re: No subject Jan 13, 2007, 01:14 Dr_Dissent

Well, I don't know. My wife played this game on our XBox and she just loved it. She can't stop talking about it, actually. She keeps asking me when the NEXT one is coming out. I don't know anything about the controls on the PC version--but I can say my wife seemed more than pleased with the XBox version.

News Comments > Subscription Hellgate: London
11. Yeah... Jan 10, 2007, 01:53 Dr_Dissent

Well, this one's off my radar now. This is actually great news as I was trying to figure out how I was going to afford all the upcoming games! Thanks, Flagship, for making your game unpalatable!

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
8. Re: No subject Jan 8, 2007, 02:05 Dr_Dissent

I bought a DLP less than a year ago. It's extremely sharp, it's got a 10,000:1 contrast ratio, there are NO visible rainbows, it's totally quiet, it's extremely light, and it's definitely no more than two feet wide. I get complimented on the quality of the image all the time. DLP is still the current price/performance leader.

News Comments > Dreamfall: The Longest Journey Demo
10. Hmmmm Dec 23, 2006, 12:08 Dr_Dissent

I don't know much about this game except that my wife LOVED it. Admittedly, she played it on the Xbox--but she's always looking for information on the sequel. If your significant other isn't a gamer, this may be the sort of game to draw them in.

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 12:09.

News Comments > Elite to Return?
10. Hope Nov 17, 2006, 12:53 Dr_Dissent

I really hope this is real and that it comes soon. The market isn't exactly crowded with good space-based simulation games. I'm tired of battling orcs and demons.

News Comments > New America's Army
14. New America's Army Sep 14, 2006, 17:56 Dr_Dissent

Is that New "America's Army" or "New America's" Army?

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
10. Blog Readers Aug 6, 2006, 21:58 Dr_Dissent

The only thing more pathetic than blogging about your feelings is commenting about blogging about your feelings on a videogame blog.

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
7. East India Company Jul 16, 2006, 19:02 Dr_Dissent

Don't bother putting in elements for "historical aspect" unless they're part of the game. Elite was one of the best games ever--and included drugs and slaves as tradable items. Trading in these items was illegal in most systems--and usually resulted in death...but the game didn't preach. You give me choices, and let me deal with the consequences. The game is called "East India Company" and is about piracy (theft and murder)--but they don't even let you trade in opium. Ridiculous.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. AMD/ATI May 31, 2006, 23:08 Dr_Dissent

If AMD and ATI merge, does that mean no more Intel-compatible Crossfire motherboards?

News Comments > Wizard's Tower for Oblivion
33. Re: Morrowind Mods vs. Oblivion Mods Apr 25, 2006, 15:37 Dr_Dissent

I don't like living in "Bush's America"--nor do I. I live in Amercans' America. We (the collective We) voted for Bush and his administration--twice! As much as I hate the current administration, it's completely irrelevant.

Bethesda runs a for-profit business. They sell a product. You purchased that product. You don't want an additional product? Don't buy it.

98 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo