Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joseph Davenport

Real Name Joseph Davenport   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname joe2tiger
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 29, 2003, 01:19
Total Comments 183 (Novice)
User ID 18821

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Shogun 2: Total War Revealed?
5. Waiting on the Shogun 2: Total War (pre-order) May 28, 2010, 13:36 joe2tiger

Wooooo Hoooo! Where's the pre-order button?  

Carl Sagan wrote:
Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Namco Bandai Likes Ubi's DRM
2. Re: Namco Bandai Likes Ubi's DRM May 27, 2010, 21:37 joe2tiger

Do they have any customers? What significant games have they put out?  

Carl Sagan wrote:
Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

News Comments > Warner Sued for Antipiracy Piracy
1. Re: Warner Sued for Antipiracy Piracy May 26, 2010, 11:37 joe2tiger

Mwahaha ROTFL!  

Carl Sagan wrote:

News Comments > Mass Effect Movie Plans
11. Re: Mass Effect Movie Plans May 25, 2010, 15:21 joe2tiger

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I must convince James Cameron to steal the rights and make this movie!

EDIT: Nevermind, the Bioware team will have full creative freedom. I take back my above statement...

This comment was edited on May 25, 2010, 15:27.

Carl Sagan wrote:

News Comments > Total War Countdown
13. American Civil War? May 25, 2010, 15:17 joe2tiger

I think the next likely step would be the American Civil War. During that time period, warfare was also very active around other parts of the globe too! I think that would be very exciting. If they are going to do a sequel, I honestly want them to go back to Japan on Shogun Total War.  

Carl Sagan wrote:

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Free Weekend Underway
10. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Free Weekend Underway May 7, 2010, 10:06 joe2tiger

I played through the previous weekend and lost interest in buying this game. I guess it is just me in that I feel too old for the twitch gameplay of the multiplayer.

I miss playing the tactical shooters of old such as the original Ghost Recon 10 years ago. The weapons were so lethal you couldn't survive more than one head shot or a few rounds to the center mass. I also missed the slightly slower pacing where setting up an ambush was rewarding.

Carl Sagan wrote:

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 "Equalizer Pack" DLC Released
10. Re: Mass Effect 2 "Equalizer Pack" DLC Released May 4, 2010, 19:13 joe2tiger

A minor complaint compared to some. I wish I had the ability to take off the helmet or open the visor when out on a mission... A la Dragon Age...  

Carl Sagan wrote:

News Comments > Shattered Horizon Firepower Next Week
4. Re: Shattered Horizon Firepower Next Week Apr 27, 2010, 14:52 joe2tiger

I wish this game was more popular. I really like the game play ideas of this game. When I finally find a server to join that's populated, I get my ass kicked. The learning curve is a little steep for newbies like me, but I'm still interested in playing this on steam.  

Carl Sagan wrote:

News Comments > Derek Smart vs Dave Allen, Part 2
1. Re: Derek Smart vs Dave Allen, Part 2 Apr 23, 2010, 10:22 joe2tiger

Uh oh, I sense 40+ post comments coming....  

Carl Sagan wrote:

News Comments > StarCraft II AO in Korea
1. Re: StarCraft II AO in Korea Apr 17, 2010, 12:33 joe2tiger

Being an adult, I'm more likely to buy such an "AO" title from Blizzard. Maybe that will prevent the 8-12 year old kids from screaming rage into the mic or keyboard during play.  

Carl Sagan wrote:

News Comments > A Paralyzed Gamer's Story
4. Re: A Paralyzed Gamer's Story Apr 15, 2010, 11:42 joe2tiger

I give a lot of props to the guy and commend him on his achievements.

This article brings to mind that there are experimental technologies being worked on. I've seen a device that a person can wear as a cap on the head and pick up electrical impulses from the brain, that might be something for him...

Also, with all seriousness, what about a "Matrix" like plug-in device to the back of the head or neck? As long as I'm not one of the beta testers, hence final product (maybe 2.0 or 3.0) I would have something like that implemented for myself.

Carl Sagan wrote:

News Comments > Call of Duty 7 Details?
1. Re: Call of Duty 7 Details? Mar 29, 2010, 11:07 joe2tiger

Wow, they are really really milking this series....  

Carl Sagan wrote:

News Comments > Female Diablo III Witch Doctor
7. Re: Female Diablo III Witch Doctor Mar 23, 2010, 08:51 joe2tiger

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Mar 23, 2010, 07:25:
I was excited until I figured out by simple logic that the Necromancer is replaced by an African with Parkinson.
It is part of the voodoo dance. The shakes I think symbolizes the communion or possession by spirits.

Aside from that, I wonder what the last character type is... They seem to pick arch types from each corner of the globe. The Americas seem to be a good guess for me. Perhaps a Native Tribesman would be the last... Maybe Aztec Warrior or Apache Warrior of a sort.

Carl Sagan wrote:

News Comments > Hunted: The Demon's Forge Announced
3. Severance: Blade of Darkness - remake? Mar 15, 2010, 15:54 joe2tiger

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Mar 15, 2010, 14:26:
This will do, at least until some smart person decides to remake Blade of Darkness.

Wow, I never heard of this game before, but it looks like an interesting game that I missed out on. I went to wikipedia to look at info. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_of_Darkness

Carl Sagan wrote:

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 14, 2010, 22:56 joe2tiger

Well for me, I'm going to buy the expansion, but not now. I have so many games on my plate. I am still playing through Origins (I'm on my second playthrough). Steam tells me I have logged 128 hours of game time, wow. I think part of that is because I leave the game running and get up and do other things anyway...  

Carl Sagan wrote:

News Comments > On Sale
5. Steam isn't responsible for bad math Mar 13, 2010, 12:33 joe2tiger

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 12, 2010, 22:31:
But that said their big touted publisher sales week was a huge let-down, Square Enix has really not done anything decent and Eidos.. Eidos just the same.

And funny side-story, their Tomb-Raider pack was more expensive than buying the 3 games separately during the sale. Someone failed at math @ Steam.

Hope to see more interesting sales...

Steam does not set prices on 3rd party games. They make suggestions, but the publishers have the final say on what is the cost of things. With all that said, I'm downloading Batman right now and can't wait to load it up!

Carl Sagan wrote:

News Comments > PC Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands Setback
3. Thoughts on extreme DRM measures. Mar 5, 2010, 11:20 joe2tiger

Bill Borre wrote on Mar 5, 2010, 11:01:
If the programmers write the code so that the game cannot be saved unless connected to a UBI server I don't see how that could be cracked. Sure the scene groups may release a version, but would you really want to play a game that can't be saved?
In response to Bill, there is no software that cannot be cracked or hacked. Look at Blizzard's MMO, A few people use custom hacked servers of World of Warcraft to do their own thing.

I am a PC Gamer that does not pirate any game under any circumstances. I try my best to support developers whom I like, such as Stardock. I really hope Ubisoft will change their stance on this form of DRM. I am not against all DRM, but I really feel like paying customers should not be penalized.

Carl Sagan wrote:

News Comments > New Aliens vs Predator Dedicated Server
2. Re: New Aliens vs Predator Dedicated Server Mar 4, 2010, 09:20 joe2tiger

I agree with you on the crouch issue and leaning issue. On the "tight aiming" I am assuming you are referring to iron sights and will agree on that if that's the case too. I wonder how much work would be involved to MOD that into the game.  

Carl Sagan wrote:

News Comments > Safety Dance
2. Re: Safety Dance Mar 2, 2010, 11:54 joe2tiger

Could you elaborate what the acronym "CC" stands for? I spent a while at guessing and could guess it means "cable company" but I am lost. I went to http://www.acronymfinder.com/CC.html and found a lot of entries.  

Carl Sagan wrote:

News Comments > New Aliens vs Predator 2 Campaign
2. Possible AVP 3 modifications... Feb 28, 2010, 17:15 joe2tiger

I wonder if anyone will mod in some gameplay and U.I. elements from AVP 2 into the AVP 3 game. I really find it annoying that there isn't a server browser section and that the game goes back to the main menu whenever the match timer runs out.  

Carl Sagan wrote:

183 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo