Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 9797 (Guru)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
37. Re: Op Ed Jul 12, 2015, 08:21 Kxmode

The mods over at Star Citizen Reddit have put me on some sort of 9 minute delay between posts. They're really in lock down mode. There shall be no dissent in Chairman Roberts' new universe order.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns
154. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 11, 2015, 20:48 Kxmode

Zandog wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 08:54:
Fuck everyone else.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/400x/54306753.jpg

News Comments > Op Ed
28. Re: Op Ed Jul 11, 2015, 19:59 Kxmode

Slick wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 15:44:
J wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 11:28:
Duke Nukem says hi

duke nukem forever = 15 years

SC = so far less than 3

next time try to math better. also troll better.

4 years. It took them a year to create the prototype demo that they showed at GDC and to angel investors, ventures and finally to crowdfunders on KickStarter. They started this project in 2011, officially announced it in 2012. What do we have 4 years later: Arena Commander, ships, a hangar and a racing track. You might call that progress. I call it a failure.

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Jul 11, 2015, 19:55 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 15:22:
Chris is the ideas guy. Ideas guys are by definition overly optimistic. If he was a realist, he would have decided it couldn't be done and never launched this in the first place. You need ideas guys, but you also need someone of equal power to rein them in, plan properly, help define scope, etc. Not sure there's anyone over at RSI that can do that.

They did. Alex Mayberry. He left a few days ago. Probably for all the reasons people are thinking about: no stable model, to large in scope, a Studio head hell belt on delivering something cannot be done in the next 2 years, etc. etc...

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Jul 11, 2015, 19:51 Kxmode

Task wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 11:21:
Looks like SC released a video teaser update regarding the FPS portion. And the write up.

Chris promised a space sim; not a FPS. A FPS wasn't necessary in his previous games because the game took place mostly in space in a ship. The FPS bullshit was something that was bolted on as the 20 MILLION stretch goal. Star Citizen turned into space with guns... That's not what he promised to deliver during his KickStarter pitch video.

News Comments > Depth Free Weekend
5. Re: Depth Free Weekend Jul 11, 2015, 04:59 Kxmode

I imagine after this weekend there's going to be stories like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9S41Kplsbs

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Jul 11, 2015, 03:37 Kxmode

nin wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 03:33:
Respectfully, you're not going to beat them there, or on reddit...they're both financially and emotionally invested, and the mob doesn't want to hear they might be wrong.

(Just make sure you're unbanned by the time the "I fucking told you all so"s roll around. )

I plan to. Yes, I'll be out $930 bucks but I think the revenge best served cold will taste sweeter.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jul 11, 2015, 03:29 Kxmode

The nazi mods on the Star Citizen forums have banned me for seven days. Here's my post history. Most of it is reasonable dissent. Their reasons, "You are being placed on probation for several Rule 3 violations over the last few hours. Dissent isn't against the rules, but antagonizing other users and breaking any other forum rules is. You can voice your displeasure within those guidelines." Convenient.

So basically what they're saying is I can dissent as long as I don't actually dissent. By the way for some reason they're convinced I'm Derek Smart.

They banned me for saying stuff like this, "Say whatever you want. At least Derek Smart released the game Chris Roberts is "trying" to make... in 1996. I'll just go ahead and let that fact sink into your hype infested, fan soaked brains." in a thread designed to basically bash Derek's work. They call me a hater and yet they're still hating on Derek for speaking the truth about Star Citizen.

This comment was edited on Jul 11, 2015, 03:35.

103. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 10, 2015, 02:08 Kxmode

Derek, I read your blog Interstellar Citizens. Great read by the way. I wanted to point out that someone on the Star Citizen Reddit made a point that made me sit up a bit, "but [CIG] are doubling German crew so hopefully fireing all Illfonic that never were up to the task." in response to the FPS being placed on hold. This sounds like a common sense solution that an agile scrum project such as Star Citizen would take. I always wondered why Illfonic - and not a Dice, Geargox or Valve - got the SC FPS contract without having published any work.

What do you think?

100. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 10, 2015, 01:17 Kxmode

100 posts!  

99. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 10, 2015, 01:14 Kxmode

crypto wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 22:25:
Quinn wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 19:56:
The time is nigh. Roberts will buckle. The game will be released within months.
It will suck.
It will be the greatest gaming scandal ever.
Mark my words.

Time for a new ship in 10...9...8

Pretty much confirmed there's going to be Starfarer sale this weekend. Expect lots of fluffy language and some fake catalog with some sort of commercial touting its aerodynamics and spacial interior... or some such.

70. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 9, 2015, 15:18 Kxmode

dsmart wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 14:21:
TotalBiscuit and crew weigh in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LILjYt5VaKE&feature=youtu.be&t=35m20s

If full disclosure TotalBiscuit is an absolute hater of the crowdfunding method. Unfortunately it took me awhile to get there, but I'm out about $3,000 from a range of different projects. One of which is Hullabaloo; a Steampunk animated film by Disney animation veterans. According to the backer page it's suppose to be out this month. The last update was a month ago: "James Lopez and the rest of the team are working hard to make Hullabaloo amazing." This doesn't sound like a film that is ready to be released this month. No one has said when it will be released. "When it's done" doesn't fly with me. Scamfunding bullshit.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 9, 2015, 12:17 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 10:25:
Alrighty, time for me to bite the bullet on the Witcher 3. Can someone with the GOG version explain to me how their patching works? Is it still download and apply individual patches? If so, I may go for the Steam version, as much as I'd rather get it from GOG to get them the most money.

Hi Creston. Get Galaxy. It's Gog's version of Steam so the process of patching and downloading DLCs should be automated. I honestly prefer Steam since most of my games are on that platform, but Galaxy is a great alternative.

8. Orcs, Elves and Trolls... oh my! Jul 9, 2015, 12:15 Kxmode

Warcraft trailer is suppose to debut at ComicCon this weekend! I hope it blows my mind.  

35. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 9, 2015, 12:00 Kxmode

Most of you guys know my opinion about Star Citizen, but in case not you can check it out my recent comments http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=userinfo&user=18786

PHJF wrote, "I don't know why it took you $1000 to realize early access / crowdfunding is a horrible way to develop a game."
My response, "I unfortunately wore the rose colored glasses for many years. So I was blinded by the hype."

That sums up every Star Citizen backer. They unfortunately haven't reached the stage of being able to see past the bullshit lies. You basically can't reason with people who have been brainwashed by a cult run by a charismatic leader.

21. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 8, 2015, 15:34 Kxmode

Verno wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 15:24:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 15:05:
https://www.reddit.com/user/Korval/comments/ check out my comments in the Hornet's nest. Those people are so utterly blind it's sad. But the reading is entertaining, if a tad rough.

Your comments there make you sound unbalanced, I can't say I'm surprised you aren't winning the hearts and minds of the Roberts faithful. Or perhaps it would make more sense in the context, not sure.

I'm just being a big ole meanie. Grin

17. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 8, 2015, 15:05 Kxmode

https://www.reddit.com/user/Korval/comments/ check out my comments in the Hornet's nest. Those people are so utterly blind it's sad. But the reading is entertaining, if a tad rough.  

26. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 8, 2015, 15:00 Kxmode

PHJF wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 10:37:
I don't know why it took you $1000 to realize early access / crowdfunding is a horrible way to develop a game.

I unfortunately wore the rose colored glasses for many years. So I was blinded by the hype.

I'm looking forward to Fallout 4. At least I know when I buy it I get a game. I'm never backing crowdfunded projects. I simply don't trust them.

To all the people who I called "moron" and "idiot" for mocking the crowdfunding and early access model... I would like to man up and apologize.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2015, 06:32 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 06:28:
A few thoughts here.

1. $960? What were you thinking?

2. $960? And you want it to fail? WTF are you thinking?

3. Braben's game is a hollow shell. I don't know if SC will also be a hollow shell, but it seems like they're trying to flesh it out a bit before release. Also, don't forget that Braben fucked us all by getting rid of offline play, which CR is not. CR and Braben are taking different approaches, but I'm not sure that Braben's will be superior in the end.

1, 2. I wasn't. That's the problem with hype. I literally did the Fry meme "shut up and take my money."

3. Crowdfunding sucks. DON'T DO IT NO MATTER WHAT THEY PROMISE. It's the snake oil salesmen of the 18th century all over again.

I can't be saved. But you. You can save yourself!

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2015, 05:18 Kxmode

InBlack wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 05:08:
Well aren't you the rare flower? No disrespect meant, but it's refreshing to see someone so heavily invested in this 'project' keeping an open mind and actually seeing past CR's bullshit.

My post on Star Citizen Reddit (Yes I actually made those graphics). http://tinyurl.com/oqfkb8p

This is happening on the SC forums. Mods are nothing more than power mad dissent silencers. It doesn't matter if you have a valid point to make and make it using clear reasoning or humor. They will silence you if you are overly critical as has happened to me numerous times.

The Kool-Aid drinkers that make up the Star Citizen fanbase are some of the worse gamers. They have no idea how much they're being control by a man who wants ABSOLUTE control over not only his game (and believe me it is HIS game; not the fans) but over how the game is perceived.

9797 Comments. 490 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo