Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 9820 (Guru)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer
13. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer Jul 18, 2015, 22:39 Kxmode

descriptio0n

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Website
8. Re: Fallout 4 Website Jul 18, 2015, 22:36 Kxmode

PHJF wrote on Jul 18, 2015, 22:02:
"Wait until your bit before you start screaming."

Wait until my bit does what? The suspense is killing me!

Australia doesn't have good sayings.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2015, 12:11 Kxmode

[removed for personal reasons]

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2015, 12:44.

News Comments > TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking
7. Re: TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking Jul 17, 2015, 11:55 Kxmode

I understand the need for this list on newer games but why older games? By virtue of their age they shouldn't be on the list. Developers aren't going to go back to their really old code and fix 30FPS locks, just like they're not going to go in a update the texture graphics. Instead of creating a blanket list, special consideration should be given to games that are older than 2002 (maybe 2000).  

News Comments > Into the Black
13. Star Trek alternate timeline nerdy fun Jul 17, 2015, 01:36 Kxmode

Here's a rough idea how the altered time line unfolds...

- Carol Marcus and David Marcus succeed on Project Genesis
- Project Genesis is introduced on a lifeless moon / world
- This lifeless moon / world eventually becomes the new Qo'nos
- Klingon / Federation war and mistrust ends 30-40 years earlier

Meanwhile...
- Khan is placed in permanent hibernation
- Khan and his followers never attempt to take over the Enterprise
- Khan and his followers are never marooned on Ceti Alpha V
- Khan and his followers never suffer from the damaged caused by Ceti Alpha VI's explosion in space
- Ceti Eels die off from lack of human hosts resulting in every living being on Ceti Alpha V dying
- Khan and his followers never steal Project Genesis
- Khan never seeks revenge on Kirk
- Khan never blows up Project Genesis, so the Mutara Nebula still exists.
- No Genesis planet exists

Meanwhile...
- Spock never sacrifices his life for "the needs of the many"
- Spock never mind melds with McCoy
- Spock's body is never torpedoed onto the Genesis planet
- Spock's body never regenerates
- Klingons never try and steal Genesis planets secrets (because, well, they live on it... a gift from the Federation after their planet is doomed to end)
- Klingons never kill Kirk's son
- No quarantine of the area of space that was once the Mutara Nebula exists (no Genesis planet)

Meanwhile...
- Kirk and friends never hijack the Enterprise
- Kirk and friends never come face to face with hostile Kruge
- Kirk never becomes racist or hostile towards Klingons
- Kirk and friends never steals a Klingon Bird of Prey
- Kirk and friends never fly to Vulcan in stolen Klingon Bird of Prey because A. Vulcan doesn't exist and B. Spock isn't dead

Meanwhile...
- An alien probe is sent to earth to find out why it lost contact with humpbacked whales

Two possible outcomes here...
- If Kirk and friends are out in space, AND their ship, whatever it may be, is capable of time travel... then the timeline can continue
- If Kirk and friends are on earth: GAME OVER...

So basically this alternate timeline ends with the destruction of earth all because Kirk and his crew couldn't answer the message of an ALIEN HUMPBACKED SPACE WHALES PROBE.

I can't even...

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2015, 04:39.

11. Re: Into the Black Jul 17, 2015, 00:23 Kxmode

nin wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 23:50:
I don't think Munn is sexy enough to play ninja Psylocke.

There, I said it. I may be the only one who thinks it, but I calls em like I sees em *. Ninja Psylocke was sexy as fuck back in the day (always liked Jim Lee's art), and I'm not seeing it here.

Me too! Check this out: Olivia Munn on Google Images versus Kelly Hu on Google Images. Beauty aside, look at how these two project themselves:
Kelly Hu versus Olivia Munn. Obviously Kelly is the one who could do some serious damage as Psylocke.

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2015, 00:29.

5. Re: Into the Black Jul 16, 2015, 21:29 Kxmode

I remember when Olivia Munn was hired as a replacement for a much better Sarah Lane on Attack of the Show. Back then I thought she was a pretty face but she didn't strike me as someone would really cared about the stuff on Attack of the Show. When she left, she appeared on random television shows, and then on the Daily Show as a new corespondent. Again she didn't strike me as someone who cared about the subject matter. It felt like she was just there to get a paycheck and, if you'll pardon the expression, expose herself for her career. After leaving Daily Show she began appearing in films and again, same vibe. Fast forward to now...

As a former comic book collector, and someone who has original issues of X-men going all the way back to the 90's featuring Psylocke, I, again, look at her and think, "Okay, it's obviously she's just another "pretty face" who couldn't care less about a character beloved by many comic book fans. This film is just another paycheck and tick on her resume."

I think a MUCH better choice for Psylocke would be Kelly Hu. She played Lady Deathstrike in X-men 2. She went toe to toe with Wolverine for Pete sake!

Am I wrong? If I am help me understand why.

News Comments > etc.
4. 20 points to Gryphon-doh! Jul 16, 2015, 17:46 Kxmode

Milla Jovovich is 39 years old this year. She was 26 when she did Resident Evil (2002). 21 when the starred in The Fifth Element. 17 when she was Dazed and Confused. ("Alright alright alright alright." Matthew McConaughey was 23 and Ben Affleck was a crazy duck.)

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2015, 00:33.

News Comments > No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall?
24. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 16, 2015, 15:47 Kxmode

I am Bat-..... ... . ... .. .. ... .... Flapping in the nig- .. ... .. .... ... .... . .. . Joker is terroriz- .. .. ... ..

Computer

News Comments > Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds
113. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 16, 2015, 15:45 Kxmode

This discussion is still going?

(I understand the irony of my question)

News Comments > World of Warcraft PvP Mercenary Mode Plans
3. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 16, 2015, 15:25 Kxmode

This battleground is headed for a disaster of prophetic proportions.

What do you mean, "prophetic"?

What he means is Old Azeroth, Battlemaster, real wrath of gods type stuff.

Exactly.

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!

Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...

The dead rising from the grave!

Human sacrifice, Orcs and Gnomes fighting together... mass hysteria!

Smash

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Interactive Trailer
3. Re: Just Cause 3 Interactive Trailer Jul 16, 2015, 01:09 Kxmode

Never played the first two. Are they good?  

85. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 15, 2015, 16:50 Kxmode

dsmart wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 16:41:
descender wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 15:34:
Seriously man, why do you think anyone here cares about any of this?

What possessed you to use Blue's forum as your personal sounding board for this crap in the first place? The only thing I can figure is that he rarely ever bans anyone, so it's a safe place for "the way you are" online.

You do realize that I started coming here before you did, right? RIGHT?! But don't let that stop you from your regularly scheduled shit-posting

I don't believe you can use their Signed On date as a way of saying how long they've visited the site. Many people lurk for years before signing up for an account.

P.S. To all you anonymous lurkers, sign up! Join the conversation.

14. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 15, 2015, 16:42 Kxmode

Blue wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 14:43:
"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli. I got about fifty feet out and suddenly, the great beast appeared before me. I tell you he was ten stories high if he was a foot. As if sensing my presence, he let out a great bellow. I said, "Easy, big fella!" And then, as I watched him struggling, I realized that something was obstructing its breathing. From where I was standing, I could see directly into the eye of the great fish."

I read all of that in William Shatner's voice.

News Comments > Gearbox May Outsource Next Duke Nukem
25. Re: Gearbox May Outsource Next Duke Nukem Jul 15, 2015, 13:51 Kxmode

But Star Citizen hasn't even come out...

72. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 15, 2015, 13:47 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 13:42:
harlock wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 11:19:
ahh yes the RED TEXT.. the internet equivalent of clapping your hands rhythmically while youre yelling at someone.. you know, to emphasize the DRAMA

No, no, no. RED means STOP, and in this case RED means FACT. And we all know, when somebody says FACT!, then the discussion is over. You cannot win against FACT and even less vs. FACT!

Mothereffing rainbows! Smash Jester

69. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 15, 2015, 12:58 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 06:24:
Cutter wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 01:41:
It sounds more like you mad at yourself for getting conned. Honestly, giving someone a grand up front on something sight unseen? You really shouldn't expect any sympathy from anyone. As others have said you can try and sell your account - but I wouldn't count on it at this point as the negativity around this scam is only increasing, or sue them in small claims. Either way, you constantly bitching about it around here isn't going to do anything.
Nail + Head. Not everyone is going to like the game and backing early has risks. I backed two other Kickstarters, Broken Age and Wasteland 2, and wasn't especially impressed with either. However, I knew that was a potential going in and accepted that. Kxmode isn't annoyed at Chris Roberts for making a game according to his vision - he's annoyed at himself for getting caught up in it and is projecting that.

I'll be posting the letter I sent to CIG pretty soon, and then you guys can decide for yourselves if Chris just outright lied to gain more money. The case is strong.

There's a reason why other projects haven't achieved the level of crowdfunding dollars as Star Citizen. It's because the project leaders didn't LIE to the public and backers.

You'll see what I mean soon.

68. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 15, 2015, 12:53 Kxmode

Zandog wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 03:07:
This is exactly what's wrong with some Bluesnews comment posters. You have a skewed, toxic view of how these "developers" represent themselves.

A message to Bluenews. You don't have to take away freedom of speech but when you allow toxic behavior on you're website, it takes away viewers that the great journalism and reporting this site does provide.

[Disclaimer:] Don't like the comments? Don't read them. Read the news and be happy.

My response to this is simple. You can't control what comments people link from your site, from others sites. When your commenters are toxic, it easily associates you Bluenews, Base6 and James Furness as a whole. Get control of the comments on your boards when people obviously have an agenda and discard it. Let them find a new home to flame the industry on. You've been around too long to allow this to happen.

I'm glad this site is a beacon of free speech unlike the official Star Citizen forums and Star Citizen Reddit. You are absolutely not allowed to express opposing viewpoints or dissent. It will result in posting delays / ban (Reddit mods) or tiered bans (official forums).

To quote the famous line from The Two Towers: "You have no power here." You do not get to make demands. Now, go away.

7. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 15, 2015, 12:21 Kxmode

http://kotaku.com/warcraft-movie-footage-leaks-from-comic-con-1717958358

It's straight up legit! I could see why Legendary didn't release it. It's a disjointed list of scenes shortly before the opening of the portal and the Orcs entering Azeroth but from what I saw it looks absolutely amazing.

44. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 15, 2015, 01:41 Kxmode

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 01:00:
I was around the 3000th backer and I'm about to just dump my ship/package on ebay for sale.

Just dont think I'm going to have time to enjoy this by the time it's out, even if it's good and able to fulfill its promises. Got a 4 month old son now and every day I gradually spend less time gaming and more time with him.. and I really enjoy it just as much. Weird saying that from a guy who never planned on having kids in the first place.. but life is a crazy, crazy ride.

Let's hear what the great Bill Murray has to say about kids.
https://youtu.be/eNK7N3AwVFQ?t=2m21s

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2015, 01:47.

9820 Comments. 491 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo