Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 10847 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Hearts of Stone Released; Discs Delayed
17. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Hearts of Stone Released; Discs Delayed Oct 13, 2015, 19:17 Kxmode

Quinn wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 18:32:
So the expansion doesn't happen after the main quest? Hmm, bummer. Did they still somehow manage to include romances? I'm not just talking about sex, but the actual romantic shit with Triss or Yen.

possible with [secret: Shani]

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta
46. Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 17:18 Kxmode

Tumbler wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 16:59:
I'm not sure how they did it but I think it may doing something that makes using a mouse and keyboard comparable to a gamepad.

That's how I felt. I was pointing right at the target and firing. Like right at their head and nothing.

I'm playing most of Deus Ex: Human Revolution with a 10MM pistol and doing much better than a machine gun. It feels like DICE nerfed the mouse/KB controls to make things competitive with gamepads.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Hearts of Stone Released; Discs Delayed
14. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Hearts of Stone Released; Discs Delayed Oct 13, 2015, 17:01 Kxmode

ForgedReality wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 15:50:
Of course I do.

My apologies. Didn't mean to imply you didn't. Simply wanted to eliminate that as a known.

Anyhow, did you start playing Witcher recently? I'm not 100% but I believe you have to be well into the main game's campaign in order to get the HOS quest.

44. Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 16:54 Kxmode

DarkCntry wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 16:38:
*edit* https://www.origin.com/en-us/great-game-guarantee Looks like you need to purchase from Origin to get the refund.

Makes sense. Giving people their money back for a purchase made from another site seems like a bad business decision.

Anyhow, yeah. I highly recommend people buy from Origin if you want to be covered by the refund policy. Yes, it's pricey but it's worth it if you're not 100%.

41. Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 16:34 Kxmode

DangerDog wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 16:08:
Actually EA had their refund system in place before Steam. You have to make your request within the first 24 hours of launching the game in the first seven days of the game's release. You could essentially play the game for 20+ hours and then go "nope, don't want it".

Do you know if EA will refund GMG game code purchases via Origin? Steam doesn't.

32. Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 16:01 Kxmode

nin wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 15:53:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 15:50:
There are no refunds for game codes. At least if you preorder from Steam you have the option to get a refund.
I assumed it was Origin only?

Whoops. It's Origin only. My apologies. I was stuck in Steam mode.

30. Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 15:50 Kxmode

fawker wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 15:13:
pre-ordered it for $45 off GMG

no rahgrets

There are no refunds for game codes. At least if you preorder from Steam you have the option to get a refund.

12. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Hearts of Stone Released; Discs Delayed Oct 13, 2015, 14:11 Kxmode

ForgedReality wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 13:34:
Hmm... Weird. I tried continuing and wandered around looking for new stuff and never saw a new notification. I tried creating new games a couple of times too. I tried everything short of doing the "Just Hearts of Stone" or whatever option. Guess I'll try again tonight or something.

Do you have the HOS expansion? You'll notice it. The main menu looks very different. Geralt looks like he's meditating in a graveyard.

8. Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 13:19 Kxmode

I'm not sure if SWBF will have this but it really needs a skill and rank matching system. I shouldn't be placed in a map with veteran FPS gamers. It's not fun for them (too easy). It's not fun for me (being killed every 40 seconds). Matching people of similar rank and skill is the only way to make this fun for everyone.  

5. Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 13:13 Kxmode

Here's how it played for me.

> Downloaded,
> Installed,
> Logged in,
> Tried both maps.
> Shot at targets at pointblank range.
> Could not hit said targets,
> Meanwhile I was one-shot killed by some dude on a turret like YARDS away.
> Log out.
> Uninstalled.

Yeah, so I'll just stick with Witcher 3 and my usual collection of games. I'm not a FPS person. The problem with SWBF is they put in the same arena with others who play these games constantly. Last time I played an FPS was 2010.

Besides that very cool graphics and music.

9. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Hearts of Stone Released; Discs Delayed Oct 13, 2015, 12:59 Kxmode

ForgedReality wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 12:36:
How do you access it from the normal story?

Select Continue Game. A few seconds after entering the game you will automatically get a new HOS quest. If you're on an existing quest you can choose to track the HOS quest. CDPR made it very easy.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 13, 2015, 12:56 Kxmode

MADE: "You did it! It's happening! We're so excited! All the hard work we've put in over the last four years, and especially, over the last 6 months, is now paying off! Your support has brought us to the level where we'll be moving the MADE into the space we wanted, in the timeframe we wanted, with the lease we wanted! It's happening!" As a proud backer thank you very much for supporting MADE.  

7. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Hearts of Stone Released; Discs Delayed Oct 13, 2015, 12:17 Kxmode

Lots of Mad Max Fury Road references from random bandits, "What a day. What a lovely day!" ... "Witness me!"

The story is interesting. Better than I thought it would be. HOS basically expands the upper northeast to include LOTS more land to explore, caves, places to clear out, tons and tons more stuff. So yes, in case you're wondering this is truly an expansion.

News Comments > Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed
234. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 13, 2015, 11:57 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 06:46:
We don't know the terms. For instance, Turbulent may have developed it for a lower price on the basis that they could licence it to other developers - that would BENEFIT backers. Even if that wasn't the case, backers funded a system needed for the game.

That's a really good point, but how is crowdfunding benefiting backers? Based on the project's health I would say crowdfunding hasn't benefited backers.

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 06:46:
You haven't demonstrate harm to backers

As far as I'm concerned CIG reached their funding goals when they hit 20 million. By blazing a trail beyond 20 million, the amount Chris repeatedly said he needed to make his dream game, he harmed those backers who backed for the Kickstarter version of the game. People like me who decided after broken promises and missed deadlines that we had enough and asked for a refund. You might be perfectly fine with the feature creep but I wasn't. Many others weren't. To me the crowdfunding platform wasn't absolutely necessary to the project. If anything it damaged it.

I don't know if the game will come out. It might. I hope. There's no hard evidence provided by Derek or Lizzy's article to say that it won't. At this point everything is hearsay. I pulled my money from the project in protest, but this doesn't mean I don't want to play Star Citizen if it is finished and released.

You shouldn't keep calling me a member of the "Legion Of Derek™". I'm not a part of that. This is the difference between Derek and I.

- Derek is absolutely convinced the project is doomed, no matter what. I have hope the game will come out.
- Derek had his pledge cancelled by CIG. I requested a refund out of protest for the shit CIG was doing that I didn't agree with.
- Derek is adamant about Sandi's lack of degrees. I have decided not to pursue that anymore because there's simply no hard evidence. Everything provided is hearsay.

I've decided to try and be factual as much as possible. That's why I posted the links with Turbulent and Behaviour. That's actual hard evidence to support what the anonymous sources reported to Escapist. But as you wrote, "We don't know the terms.". That why I said, "That's a really good point" to imply perhaps the terms are well within the scope of what was needed, though you have to admit a crowdfunding / preorder platform was never a stretch goal. New website doesn't equal crowdfunding / preorder platform.

The bottom line is that I am a Black Knight critic of CIG but I'm not a "Legion Of Derek™" supporter as you claim me to be. Being a critic of CIG isn't mutually exclusive to wanting to see them fail. Far from it. I want them to succeed. I think if they succeed it will be wonderful for many reasons. It's absolutely healthy for CIG to have critics. It helps move the project forward. It gives them incentive to push forward if only to prove us wrong; which is a good thing!

By the way if you feel I am attacking you. I'm not. We both want CIG to succeed, I just have a different perspective of them.

This comment was edited on Oct 13, 2015, 17:10.

225. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 12, 2015, 21:18 Kxmode

Check this out!

Escapist article: CS7 indicated that Cloud Imperium Games Montreal entered into a joint venture partnership with Turbulent to continue to develop and sell the crowdfunding platform that was built for Star Citizen to other companies - and that backer money was being used for this project.

They didn't even bother hiding this. It's all out there.

October 7, 2014 – Marc Beaudet (CEO of Turbulent) writes “We thank Cloud Imperium Games for taking a risk with us and for contributing conceptually and commercially to making HEAP C3MS fantastic for content monetization.”

April 7th, 2014 – TURBULENT’s HEAP C3MS platform was recently selected by Behaviour Interactive for the development of their Warhammer 40,000 Eternal Crusade Pre-order Founders Program store and their new website which will be unveiled next spring during E3.

So the Backers basically gave CIG money to develop a game, who then funded the development of a crowdfunding/preorder platform with Turbulent (Star Citizen’s webmasters) that Behaviour (also working on Star Citizen) then took and used for Warhammer 40,000 Eternal Crusade; another game that's not Star Citizen or Star Citizen related.

How is this not a misappropriation of crowdfunded money? There's a word for this. It's called fraud. "Wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain."

Wow...

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 12, 2015, 20:52 Kxmode

3 days left for MADE. Only $1,279 to go. Help preserve the museum so that new generations can see the fun games we played in the past. Plus the museum also has workshops to help teach kids how to make games. Cool  

222. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 12, 2015, 18:51 Kxmode

harlock wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 18:19:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 13:26:
So since you seem to be absolutely convinced I am all those things what would convince you otherwise? You strike me as a fair person, so speak.

but thats besides the point - which is that: yes, i would say you seem obsessed with the proceedings to a certain degree... understandably so, since they burned you - but not so understandably since you got your money back...

i suppose now you are taking them to task for your crushed dreams and broken heart... which as we all know, is a much more relentless and unending type of motivation

regardless, im not surprised you deny it - all obsession feeds on the subconscious aspect.. it requires that darkness, that lack of awareness and attention to truly "run wild" and do its thing

That's deep bro. Very deep. It's like you're looking into my scarred psyche or something. Beatnik

216. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 12, 2015, 18:12 Kxmode

Flatline wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 17:17:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 17:06:
I wasn't one of those. I happened to be one of the few on the forums who didn't want stretch goals past 15 million and I made sure I voiced my concerns and criticisms on every stretch goal surveys they kept posting.

Most of Blues News felt at the time that it was a terribad idea to give control of the scope of the project over to the most rabid fanboys that amount to maybe 5% of the total number of backers. That's where the Space Burrito Hut joke started.

On the RSI forums the joke for those of us who saw what was going on was Space Whales. I designed a t-shirt.

http://i.imgur.com/203Jl6q.png
http://i.imgur.com/8L5Anip.png
http://i.imgur.com/EEvpvHb.jpg

203. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 12, 2015, 17:06 Kxmode

Flatline wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 16:50:
Actually you can't prove that. It's impossible at this point to determine if the continued funding during the stretch goal phase was due to people being excited about the expanding scope of the project or due to just wanting to get *in* on the project. You'd basically have to either interview every contributor about their mental state getting into a kickstarter 1+ years ago or have had them fill out a quick questionnaire asking "Are you doing this to further more stretch goals?"

The only thing you can say with certainty is that a small minority of very vocal participants on the CIG website overwhelmingly wanted more stretch goals.

I wasn't one of those. I happened to be one of the few on the forums who didn't want stretch goals past 15 million and I made sure I voiced my concerns and criticisms on every stretch goal surveys they kept posting. I believe around the 30 million stretch goal I finally gave up in disgust. I thought it was all a money grab then, but I was hoping Chris could pull it off. When December 2014 came and no game was available I voiced my concerns on the forums only to be met by a rabid group of White Knight backers. Then January came... nothing. February... nothing. March... nothing. Went back on the forums, same deal. Finally in June I was getting pissed. Where's the game Chris promised? So I went the forum to express IN very harsh words my absolute dissatisfaction with the project. 24-hour ban. Then Derek's blog came out. And it verified all the concerns I've been having for a year or so. I went on the forums to express my concerns even more. 7-day ban. It was at this point that I made the decision to try and get a full refund. [url=pastebin.com/mSM29KZs ]And the rest is history.[/url]

Those of us who tried to voice our concerns were ignored.

199. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 12, 2015, 16:56 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 16:36:
Krael wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 16:07:
give me a *good* single player space game in the vein of Wing Commander or Tie Fighter or the like and I'd be a very happy camper).

Tried either Eterium or Battle of Sol?

Also, if you're looking for something like what SC promises with FPS, ship battles, boarding, and ground combat, look at Angels Fall First.

Those look awesome. Thanks for sharing!

10847 Comments. 543 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo