Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 10864 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2015, 23:31 Kxmode

Did you guys know here in the United States you can't watch videos on video.aljazeera.com. I had to proxy over to Canada to watch featured reports about the refuge crisis in Europe. It's so weird because I can watch RT's live broadcast and that's produced by the Russian government. Isn't broadcasting on the Internet different than broadcasting on television? I mean it feels like the videos on aljazeera should be available.

Anyhow, I thought it was interesting...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2015, 14:36 Kxmode

Retired wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 14:19:
I picked ATL in the main league, but took NO in the spread league. Thought it was going to be a close game, but knew that Brees rarely loses at home, and it was time for him to light a team up.

Anyone use DraftKings? I heard they spent like 300 million bucks on advertising during the first few weeks in September.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2015, 22:46 Kxmode

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 18:53:
Just read the sad Total Biscuit news, poor soul has terminal cancer.

Wait. What?! Why? When... I literally can't even?

News Comments > Fallout 4 Live-Action Trailer
10. Re: Fallout 4 Live-Action Trailer Oct 15, 2015, 22:43 Kxmode

Live action movie confirmed!

News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
147. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 15, 2015, 22:36 Kxmode

Vall Forran wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 19:52:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 18:29:
Vall Forran wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 17:25:
Full retard achieved! Grats!

Yeah. I thought so too. I was familiar with the battle between Derek and the Usenet forums, but I wasn't aware of all the details. What Bill helped me understand in his summary are the apparent double standards. For example I think it's very unfair to criticize CIG for taking 4-5 years to develop Star Citizen (a game with much greater level of complexity) and yet his game took 8 years to the point Take2 forced a release. Craziness

Um, yes? I'm confused. You are starting to make sense. I feel like I'm walking into a trap though.

You're not. As I get a clearer picture of his past I'm beginning to understand what type of person Derek is. As a truth seeker it's starting to bother me.

I'm doing more research... Thank goodness for Google and Archive.org

141. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 15, 2015, 18:29 Kxmode

Vall Forran wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 17:25:
Full retard achieved! Grats!

Yeah. I thought so too. I was familiar with the battle between Derek and the Usenet forums, but I wasn't aware of all the details. What Bill helped me understand in his summary are the apparent double standards. For example I think it's very unfair to criticize CIG for taking 4-5 years to develop Star Citizen (a game with much greater level of complexity) and yet his game took 8 years to the point Take2 forced a release. Craziness

135. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 15, 2015, 14:40 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 07:44:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 21:59:
I've made repeated comments in the past that I do not dislike the game or hate it. I actually hope the game comes out. I'm not a troll, I'm a critic. A "Black Knight" critic. There's a huge difference between my level of criticism and Derek Smart's. We do not share the same ideology. As gamers, you and I, both want the same thing. We both want Star Citizen to succeed and be released. I just have a different perspective than you.
I don't have any tolerance for Derek Smart's absurd allegations. Most of his claims are demonstrably false or impossible to substantiate. There are plenty of legitimate concerns that can be brought up without referencing him and his trolling campaign. I think you'd do better to avoid mentioning him at all.

Is it okay to mention this?

New things I learned from that above link:

- BC3K began development in 1988 and was released in 1996 as an incomplete game. It was in development for 8 years.

- BC3K was picked and dropped by many publishers including Interplay, IntraCorp, Mission Studios, and Three Sixty Pacific. Take2 was the final publisher to pick up and release BC3K.

- In 1997 someone named Bill Huffman decided to investigate Derek's claim that his dissertation was published and listed. He asked a technical librarian to get a copy of Derek's dissertation on Artificial Intelligence in the United States or England at a cost of US$75 (US$111.19 in 2015). Later she sent him the results on her search stating nothing could be found at Dissertations Abstract Online and Sci Search, UMI - both on line and telephone, IEEE and IE(UK) database from 1988 forward, ACM Guide to all ACM Pubs, OCLC online, Stanford Technical papers database and Cambridge UK Technical papers database. She could not find any of Derek's papers. Now that's interesting. My understanding is someone who graduates with a PhD will have at least ONE published dissertation and all dissertations are typically listed somewhere for the public's access in both the U.S. and the U.K.

- I learned Bill Huffman put together an incredibly detailed website outlining all his research and facts surrounding Derek's PhD. Many of this is new to me and I've been around PC gaming since 1991.

- In an attempt to reach a magnanimous conclusion Bill reached out to Derek asking him to publicly state his "alma mater" was not accredited. In response Derek wrote "You, my friend, will *NEVER* get a free ticket out this unless you walk away - in defeat. ... I - will - make - you - pay. This, I promise." This led Bill to conclude Derek was perhaps threatening physical violence against him?

- In 1998 Derek claimed to be a member of MENSA (one of the largest and oldest high IQ society in the world) while in the UK. Someone called MENSA and found out that Derek wasn't a member.

Lots of eye opening, well researched information. Bill's post read almost precisely like Derek's blog about CIG... only it's about Derek Smart. I hope Derek and Bill came to an amiable resolution.

This comment was edited on Oct 15, 2015, 15:45.

132. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 15, 2015, 10:47 Kxmode

Zor wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 10:02:
Slashman wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 09:53:
IF anyone is interested for some actual valid input on the casting: I talked to a developer recently and he basically said that most of the Hollywood star types will do game voice-over work for a lark.

So it is highly unlikely that the casting cost a huge amount. Not trivial, but not crippling either.

I have no idea how much a MOCAP studio costs to build and run though.
This. As far as the studio goes, they were doing work at Portalarium(sp?) which was already an established studio(by Andy Serkis). They did build their own somewhere a year ago I think and used it for some of their commercials, but IDK if it was put to use for SQ42 stuff yet.

Do you think Andy gave CIG a discount since he has a role in SQ42?

121. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 15, 2015, 03:52 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 03:33:
Right, as an admiral, I assume we'll see him in some briefings and communications, not walking around the Stanton like most of the other characters. I'd be surprised if he had to work more than a couple of weeks.

It wouldn't be a Chris Roberts game if it didn't include at least one scene with the Admiral dragging the player over the coals for some sort of failure. So look forward to Gary Oldman yelling at you.

115. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 15, 2015, 01:01 Kxmode

Great White Shark wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 23:40:
I think you mistake anger for people just being worn out on your tired schtick. You saying other people are too emotional is rich when you have dedicated yourself to obsessively posting about this subject, in a very one sided manner no less. Take a peek in the mirror.

From your post history it appears you like getting into conflicts with others. So I will simply say thank you for your feedback.

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 00:21:
Everything has come full circle. It only took a couple of hours.

Peace is much easier to deal with than conflict.

112. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 22:49 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 22:17:
Remember back in the day, devs would do voice roles themselves? Casting Sandi takes that to a whole new level.

The irony is she actually HAS experience for the role. Definitely no nepotism there.

108. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 21:59 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 21:08:
If you want me to believe you're a reasonable person then you have to demonstrate that. To start you should apologise for the ridiculous estimate you made earlier and acknowledge you pulled it out your ass because of your dislike of the game. People make mistakes but they can be corrected. For my part I'll apologise for my hyperbolic attacks against you - I can obviously take things too far and I'm not oblivious to my own personality defects.

Thank you for apologizing.

I've made repeated comments in the past that I do not dislike the game or hate it. I actually hope the game comes out. I'm not a troll, I'm a critic. A "Black Knight" critic. There's a huge difference between my level of criticism and Derek Smart's. We do not share the same ideology. As gamers, you and I, both want the same thing. We both want Star Citizen to succeed and be released. I just have a different perspective than you.

However in the interest of helping to bring peace to these forums I'd like to formally apologize for the ridiculous estimate I made earlier.

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2015, 22:51.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced
16. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 14, 2015, 20:57 Kxmode

Did they address to perceived issues with KB/Mouse vs Gamepad? Felt like the KB/M controls were gimped.  

103. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 20:45 Kxmode

ForgedReality wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 17:56:
You guys are mean!

The anger in this thread is definitely palpable to say the least.

102. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 20:41 Kxmode

Zor wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 16:45:
Actors are known to do creative projects for small payouts due to favors/friendships/courtesy/etc. I honestly think it's not outside the realm of possibility that some of them would agree to less of a paycheck than they normally would. I would hazard that Mark Hamill and John Rhys-Davies would cut him some slack and that guy Jack Huston referred to CR as a friend in a video interview. Plus with them using local talent they cut down costs of housing/travel/etc. I obviously don't know where they live but given their nationality it's possible Oldman and Strong live in the UK? Idk.

Anyway, without actually knowing how much performance/vo capture each actor did individually and what they might be contracted for in the future for more content and pickups/re-recordings etc we can't really make much of an educated guess on what they all cost the project.

If you really wanted to know I guess you could start asking their managers, but good luck.

Alas, I feel it's kinda tactless to sit and debate what all these actors are worth. Value on talent is too subjective.

Thanks for sharing Zor. Those are all greats points. Definitely agree that a value on talent is too subjective. It really is. It's as you said perhaps Mark Hamill and John Rhys-Davies took much less pay in exchange for the opportunity to work with Chris again and to work with an amazing group of talented actors. To my knowledge I don't believe Mark has ever worked with Gary Oldman and Gillian Anderson before.

101. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 20:27 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 14:46:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 14:34:
The concerning thing is that I think Kxmode actually believes the bullshit he pedals. Unfortunately it's what you have to expect from Legion Of Derekô zealots, who have demonstrated utter contempt for evidence and reason. They state conjecture and speculation as fact and then act outraged when anybody dares question them. It would be funny if it didn't raise serious questions about their mental competence.

Well just like you who as a white knight cultist just parrots CR's/CIG's company line and takes everything they say at face value like a hypnotized guru's disciple.
It's pretty rich when you out of all people hold a speech on "reason" or "mental competence" LOL.

Come on... why even bother with the meanies here? Back to the CIG forums with you where you can join your cultist fellow disciples who literally cried when they watched the CitizenCon presentation. Don't you guys have some more fanboi cultist circle-jerking to do over there or are y'alls balls empty from all the wanking since Saturday?

I harbor no ill-will towards theyarecomingforyou. I understand his hatred towards me. He believes me to be a Hater and a member of Derek's "Legion". I'm not part of it. That's all Derek stuff. He's the one threatening CIG with legal action. He's the one not willing to share his evidence with the public (like the evidence about Sandi's degrees). If there was someone theyarecomingforyou should direct his hatred toward it's Derek.

100. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 20:16 Kxmode

Flatline wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 14:44:
SC has problems but I don't think a drunken idiot would spend half their budget just on voice talent when they could get better voice talent and name recognition for half the cost.

I don't know... Anything's possible.

But you're right. Those numbers are rather large. It doesn't really matter whether they're right or wrong though. They were simply estimates I threw together for the sake of discussion since Dreagon asked, "I wonder how much of that money they're wasting on big actors?"

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2015, 20:43.

98. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 20:11 Kxmode

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 14:36:
FIXED IT FOR YOU KXMODE:

SEE WHAT I DID?!?!?!? HAH!

- Sandi Gardiner (36 million)

LOL. Now I see my error.

97. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 20:11 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 14:34:
Unfortunately it's what you have to expect from Legion Of Derekô zealots, who have demonstrated utter contempt for evidence and reason. They state conjecture and speculation as fact and then act outraged when anybody dares question them. It would be funny if it didn't raise serious questions about their mental competence.

Okay, now you're just being vindictive and acrimonious. I wrote "I've decided to try and be factual as much as possible" and "The bottom line is that I am a Black Knight critic of CIG but I'm not a "Legion Of Derekô" supporter as you claim me to be. Being a critic of CIG isn't mutually exclusive to wanting to see them fail. Far from it. I want them to succeed. I think if they succeed it will be wonderful for many reasons. It's absolutely healthy for CIG to have critics. It helps move the project forward. It gives them incentive to push forward if only to prove us wrong; which is a good thing!"

I'm asking you nicely and in a very civil and respectful way to please cease from the personal attacks.

10864 Comments. 544 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo