Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 10839 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Hitman Trailer
7. Re: Hitman Trailer Oct 29, 2015, 00:02 Kxmode

My reaction. "this is a nice pre-ren... Oh, those are in-game graphics. Woah. Nice."

Perfect blend between gameplay and cinematic. Really impressive graphics.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as "Pre-Release"
22. Re: Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as Oct 28, 2015, 23:33 Kxmode

~~~ Removed ~~~

Need to slow down.

21. Re: Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as Oct 28, 2015, 23:28 Kxmode

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 22:18:
Yep, I'm also seeing the proper release date and an absence of the aforementioned review labels.

Wonderful! Thank you Valve. Way to look out for your customers.

20. Re: Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as Oct 28, 2015, 23:20 Kxmode

HoSpanky wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 23:00:
Played for a bit, runs great unless I turn on the smoke/fog, which drags it down a little. No stutter whatsoever, but I'm running a pair of 970s and 16gb of ram. I'm not entirely sure why people are crying over it wanting 12gb of ram, ram is cheap. Inefficient? Yeah, it seems to be, but whatever. You guys are complaining about it and then saying you won't be giving them any money, well...then they don't give a fuck what you say. most of the people on these boards aren't happy with ANYTHING anymore.

My i3-2100 with 8GB and a single 960 would be considered laughable by today's standards and yet Witcher 3: Wild Hunt ran buttery smooth on this system with most of the settings maxed out. It was FULL of smoke, fog, rain, sun rays, and host of other effects; many happening at the same time. What you're talking about is "unoptimized" code on the level of Star Citizen's tech demos. Any game that "drags down a little" on basic smoke/fog effects through a pair of 970s and 12GB hasn't been optimized for PC performance. It's still a console game optimized for consoles and shouldn't be released until it's PC-ready.

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2015, 23:42.

19. Re: Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as Oct 28, 2015, 23:12 Kxmode

Krovven wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 19:40:
It's just a label.

They changed the Release Date to Oct 28, 2015. That's not just a label.

9. Re: Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as Oct 28, 2015, 19:10 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 19:04:
I bet that's not intentional. Probably just the way Steam works. Since they had the game on there removed it and then put it back up, it probably got a new releaseid or something thus triggering this.

Having Valve curate EVERYTHING wouldn't be feasible so I'm almost 100% positive Steam gives owners the ability to change information on their games' Steam pages. This is the one time where I believe it's absolutely imperative for Valve to step in and stop this. This is an issue of trust. If Valve allows this shyster nonsense to stand my trust in their platform is going to be damaged. Valve needs to revert all of WB's changes today, issue an apology to the community, and basically call WB out on their shenanigans.

6. Re: Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as Oct 28, 2015, 18:38 Kxmode

Krovven wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 18:09:
They aren't wiping reviews. Just tagging old ones as "pre-release version. While the label is not accurate, I don't see it as a big deal for them differentiating from new reviews.

The PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight was released on June 23, 2015 as a working, completed title meaning the game would've gone through Alpha and Beta testing to reach gold status. When a game reaches gold status and goes on sale it's no longer a PRE-RELEASE version. So relabeling all those Steam reviews as such is blatant lie. What is happening here is Warner Brothers is taking advantage of Steam's "Early Access" label tag to basically rewrite history so that their old fucked up launch fades from memory. In this case Valve needs to STOP THIS and revert the changes Warner Brothers is making. It's completely dishonest to PC gamers.

Edit: Okay changing the Release Date to Oct 28, 2015 is nucking futs. Why is Valve allowing Warner Brothers to do this? There's a whole bunch of dishonesty happening here.

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2015, 18:47.

5. Re: Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as Oct 28, 2015, 18:28 Kxmode

I blame Warner Brothers' for forcing Rocksteady to release early when it was clearly not ready for launch. I only blame Rocksteady for their apathy in not saying anything about the PC version prior to launch. Someone in the company had to know the game wasn't working.

News Comments > DMCA Changes for Abandoned Games
16. Re: DMCA Changes for Abandoned Games Oct 28, 2015, 17:34 Kxmode

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 13:38:
Meh, if you read the fine print, or even the summary from the EFF website, you'll find that the Librarian of Congress (whoever the hell that is) ruled in all his/her wisdom that this doesn't apply to retired MMOs or games which are still playable in offline modes. So no resurrecting Star Wars Galaxies, and no creating your own servers for games like Battlefield 1942 or BF2, which are still playable with bots or via LAN.

So still a step in the right direction, I guess, but not nearly the victory the EFF was hoping for. Their primary intent with the video games petition was specifically to reserve the right for people to restore their own online services to games where multiplayer components have been disabled by the developer/publisher, and that was denied.

I think the Library of Congress should rethink this decision for abandoned MMOs. They should be covered under DMCA changes because the bulk of the game's data is stored client side not server side. For example SWG was 4 CDs; GW2 is 20 GB; Age of Conan is 30 GB. Broadly speaking the server is only responsible for...

- Authentication
- Storing and retrieving data (e.g. avatar profile, current location, inventory items, levels, etc.; monster health and stats, item data, etc.)
- Communicating between client and server (e.g. where's the player? Here I am! Where are those monsters? There they are! How much damage does this sword have? 25%.)
- Delivering updates and patches

If all the core files were stored server-side then private servers simply couldn't exist. Publishers don't have to give up their MMO's server codes but at the same time they shouldn't issue C&D orders or file lawsuits against individuals who desire to rebuild and host these types of games under the protection of a non-profit museum like Archive.org.

News Comments > Star Citizen Update and Trailer
20. Re: Star Citizen Update and Trailer Oct 28, 2015, 17:01 Kxmode

panbient wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 16:43:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 14:37:
what sort of computer are we going to need to play this?

Quantum.

For the fidelitah and immershuns.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Re-release
14. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Re-release Oct 28, 2015, 16:47 Kxmode

The Kotaku article makes a very clear point:

A more accurate label for those reviews might have been “pre-patch,” but the Twitter exchange I had with a reader who pointed this my way got me thinking.

Bart, via Twitter, writes "Aren't most games better after the patch? The Witcher 3 patched a lot of things but didn't negate prev. reviews."

Exactly! The Witcher 3 was a solid, WORKING title on launch day 1. Same with Mad Max. Same with Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns. This bullshit of changing older reviews to "PRE-RELEASE REVIEW" is a lie. Batman: Arkham Knight wasn't a PRE-RELEASE on June 23, 2015. It's a unmitigated PC port disaster.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Re-release
12. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Re-release Oct 28, 2015, 16:38 Kxmode

nin wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 16:22:
Ok, they're assholes...
"We'll take your money, but your review doesn't count..."

Basically. They knowingly released a lame ass PC port honestly thinking no one would mind or care. Is WB dumb? Did they not know about Steam's completely revamped user-aggregated review ratings?

I think it's COMPLETELY dishonest to change those older reviews to "PRE-RELEASE REVIEW". The game wasn't released as PRE-RELEASE or EARLY ACCESS. It had full launch in June alongside the console version! Stop redefining history WB.

That kind of shit pisses me off. It's like publishers are jerking PC gamers around. Like we're the red-headed step children of the gaming world. They hate us but know they need us to reach their quarterly profits. Stop treating us like second class citizens!

#PCGamersMatter

18. Re: Star Citizen Update and Trailer Oct 28, 2015, 16:21 Kxmode

wtf_man wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 15:02:
Glad I only spent 10 Kajillion Zimbabwe Dollars on this!

How many Fallout caps is that worth?

11. Re: Star Citizen Update and Trailer Oct 28, 2015, 14:58 Kxmode

Will this work?

CHRIS ROBERTS
CHRIS ROBERTS
CHRIS ROBERTS

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Fallen Empire Launches
10. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Fallen Empire Launches Oct 28, 2015, 10:38 Kxmode

I never had a problem with SWTOR. Actually thought their single player story content was very nice. So when I get through the glut on current and incoming titles I'll give this a looksy.

News Comments > No Man's Sky in June
41. Re: No Man's Sky in June Oct 28, 2015, 10:33 Kxmode

wasteoid wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 00:40:
A considerable percentage of gamers would prefer to enjoy more than one classification of gaming, as delineated by the Bartle Test.

Even categorizing oneself as an Explorer, one would soon run out of new elements to discover, as the majority of the uniqueness to this game appears to be slight variations in the objects, such as color or texture.

Definitely. This is why developers try to fit aspects of all four into their games. For example in Witcher 3: Wild Hunt I liked the combat, getting achievements done, and socializing with NPCs through quests. However, exploration is what appealed to me most, and there was a LOT to explore in the Witcher 3 world.

40. Re: No Man's Sky in June Oct 28, 2015, 10:22 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 20:17:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 20:06:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 19:16:
I guess "builders" are Achievers?

For me Building is a form of Exploration.

Oddly enough the wiki on Bartle Test says that builders are Killers.

"Killers also represent the archetype which is most interested in affecting their environment, so sandbox games in which they can take a direct hand in building (or destroying) a virtual society will appeal to them as well."

I can believe that. I've seen many videos showing the detonation of GINORMOUS spheres made out of TNT boxes. The resulting destruction is insane. The person simply giggles maniacally about the mass destruction they caused. So, yeah... definitely Killer material.

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2015, 10:54.

27. Re: No Man's Sky in June Oct 27, 2015, 20:06 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 19:16:
I guess "builders" are Achievers?

For me Building is a form of Exploration.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
63. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2015, 19:42 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 19:28:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 17:06:
Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 13:56:
Invisible sky wizards

Can we please not get into this? Yes, there are those of us who actually believe in God. You don't have to agree with my beliefs but at least be respectful. This is an community of varying expressions.

It's Cutter. What were you expecting?

You're right of course. Nothing to see here. Move along.

22. Re: No Man's Sky in June Oct 27, 2015, 18:28 Kxmode

bigspender wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 18:22:
Krovven wrote on Oct 27, 2015, 15:59:
Main thing working against them right now is the lack of gameplay. Yes, you can go from planet to planet naming things and collecting materials...it's all very cool. What else do you do? If that's all there is, that's not much.

+1

It's an impressive technical idea, but is there anything to do in the game other than look?

The Bartle Test lists four main gamer types: Achievers, Explorers, Socializers and Killers. NMS is made specifically for Explorers. If you're a Killer you won't understand it. As a Explorer I get it and can't wait to play.

10839 Comments. 542 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo