Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 10839 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4
25. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 10, 2015, 12:29 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 10:38:
intermarer wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 10:27:
I'm a bit sceptical of Fallout 4. It looks five years old. Also the negative user scores have surpassed the positive scores on metacritic at the time of writing this. Reading a lot about bugs too.

And a very positive score at Steam (out of over 4,000 user votes).

Always trust Steam users. They're brutally honest. If something sucks they will report it. Check out the Steam reviews for Black Ops 3.

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 2015, 12:47.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide
93. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 10, 2015, 12:24 Kxmode

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 12:18:
That EULA doesn't seem very clear to me. Seems like it's saying you can't use a VPN for any reason. I think they used a comma incorrectly there.

EULA = licensing agreement for the software you're installing
SSA = An agreement you abide by for using the Steam service

They are not the same.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4
23. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 10, 2015, 12:14 Kxmode

I paid $60 for a post-apocalyptic RPG; ended up playing "sim city".

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 2015, 13:07.

88. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 10, 2015, 04:27 Kxmode

heroin wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 02:20:
First two hours: Xbone controller taking over all controls... once reset and restarted - first quest marred by conrad not continuing to the next quest, first bodies I searched stuck to me like glue after searching, shit graphics (are they serious with some of these blurry blotchy textures I swear they are far worse than Fallout 3 fucking 7 years ago!), killed very easily by mosquitoes, bad frame rates... this is a fucking terrible port. I know I will like it after these humps but shit. Terrible beginning. Fuck you bethesda and your console shit.

i7-3770k, 8GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 960

- PC controls are fine
- no problems with any NPC quests
- looted a ton of bodies, some already killed by other npcs
- never got stuck after searching
- Dogmeat has decent AI
- texture quality appears fine to me; could be improved
- I'm still playing Fallout: New Vegas and I can tell you for a fact FO4's graphics are definitely better than Fallout 3 / Fallout: New Vegas
- Giant mosquitos are easy to kill. Simply mod your pistol to do more damage. There's a crafting / modding station across the street
- my framerate is real good
- seems like a very good port
- Beginning is fine; although I would've like to explore more of the pre-nuke environments

The only conclusion I can make is we're not playing the same game. Either that, or you have shitty hardware or you have excellent hardware and you're being too bitcher... or perhaps both.

87. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 10, 2015, 04:17 Kxmode

heroin wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 00:59:
FIVE FUCKING MINUTES IN and this shit is BUGGY AS FUCK ON PC!!!!!

Fuck these corporate reviewers.

I have no idea what you're talking about. In 3 hours of play I didn't encounter a single bug (well, except for radroaches).

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 2015, 04:31.

75. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 22:54 Kxmode

Great White Shark wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 22:44:
List of names you can choose that Codsworth can say

Yay! My name is in the list. Actually my entire name (first, middle and last) is on that list.

News Comments > GeForce Drivers for Fallout 4, Legacy of the Void, & Battlefront
2. Re: GeForce Drivers for Fallout 4, Legacy of the Void, & Battlefront Nov 9, 2015, 22:51 Kxmode

jdryer, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you!  

60. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 19:06 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 18:46:
Retired wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 17:42:
Just enable it, make it work, back out of the VPN and play offline. No one is the wiser....
Worked like a charm. Playing it right now.

Buyer Beware: Using a VPN is against the Steam Subscriber Agreement, and can result in your account being disabled.

http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

"You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence, whether to circumvent geographical restrictions on game content, to purchase at pricing not applicable to your geography, or for any other purpose. If you do this, we may terminate your access to your Account."

This SSA applies to ALL regions as you can see from the flags on the SSA page.

TL;DR: Don't use a proxy / VPN to bypass the region lock. It's not worth a ban.

News Comments > Game Reviews
30. Re: Game Reviews Nov 9, 2015, 15:52 Kxmode

Blizzard haven't forgotten IGN's 6.5-10 Heroes of the Storm review.

This title really bothers me. Have is used with some pronouns and plural nouns. Has is used with the third person singular. IGN PCgamesN is referring to Blizzard in a third person singular therefore it is grammatically correct to use "Blizzard HASN'T forgotten IGN's 6.5-10 Heroes of the Storm review."

Edit: Changed IGN to PCgamesN. My bad.

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2015, 16:00.

41. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 15:43 Kxmode

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 12:41:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 12:28:
For AAA games nVidia is really good about releasing drivers well ahead of a game's release. We should've gotten the latest drivers by now. What's the deal?

New game-ready driver 358.91 is available via GeForce Experience. You can not download it from the website at the moment because the "server had an accident" according to a nVidia dude.
Or maybe they are already "testing" the feature where you will only be able to get the latest game-ready driver via GFE Wink .

Awesome! Thanks CJ.

358.91 - WHQL

- Fallout 4,
- Star Wars: Battlefront,
- StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void

21. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 12:28 Kxmode

For AAA games nVidia is really good about releasing drivers well ahead of a game's release. We should've gotten the latest drivers by now. What's the deal?  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Preloads
58. Re: Fallout 4 Preloads Nov 9, 2015, 12:13 Kxmode

descender wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 10:41:
Bethesda is known for developing / publishing solid PC titles

HAH. This can't be serious. I can only imagine you've never played a Bethesda game at launch.

After a few weeks the first massive community patch will come out fixing the hundreds of buggy models and quests and such... then Bethesda will slowly incorporate them into actual game updates (if at all) months later. They've literally done this with every one of these games since Oblivion.

I have played Bethesda games at launch, and of course bugs happens. It happens on every game. That's just the nature of large open-world RPGs. I simply meant when bugs happen, and they will, if they're small and not game breaking that's "solid" for me. I don't ever remember there being game-breaking bugs on the PC-version of any of the Bethesda's games I played at launch. The most memorable bugs I remembered were "oddities" - like ragdoll corpses going berzerk when I close the door on them - but nothing that broke the game.

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2015, 12:22.

56. Re: Fallout 4 Preloads Nov 9, 2015, 10:26 Kxmode

nin wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 08:48:
Aaand reviews look excellent!

Yeah!

I preordered so I can preload it and then simply unlock at 9pm PST. I really hope the game doesn't have issues like Batman and Black Ops 3. Bethesda is known for developing / publishing solid PC titles. They started as a PC developer, so I have faith Fallout 4 will play solid.

Still, lacking SLI support gives me pause. I don't have SLI but it feels tacky not to support it for those with the tech for it.

55. Re: Fallout 4 Preloads Nov 9, 2015, 10:23 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 8, 2015, 17:11:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 8, 2015, 13:44:
Here's the fuck: Fallout 3 came out in 2008. Skyrim came out in 2011. If you're going to compare a game that has a 3 year difference then I sure as hell can compare Skyrim to Witcher 3 that has a 4 year difference. Your snide comment "It's not that Skyrim had cutting edge visuals but it didn't look dated like Fallout 3 and Fallout 4" is basically like saying "Fallout looks like shit because it doesn't look as good as Skyrim". Hypocrite.
Listen, fuckwit, I wasn't directly comparing Fallout 3 to Skyrim - that would be moronic. What I said was that Fallout 3 had bad graphics for the time, whereas Skyrim's were at least decent (though not exceptional by any means). You were the one who directly compared Skyrim to The Witcher 3, which is moronic.

Did you even bother to read what you wrote? "It's not that Skyrim had cutting edge visuals but it didn't look dated like Fallout 3 and Fallout 4." That sounds like a direct comparison to me.

3. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 10:11 Kxmode

Retired wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 10:09:
Unlock in 14 hours!? wtf?

Yes. It's unlocks at 9pm pacific which is 12 midnight EST, the official launch time for video games in the western hemisphere.

44. Re: Fallout 4 Preloads Nov 8, 2015, 13:44 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 22:47:
Fallout never seems to match up to the awe of the Elder Scrolls games. It's not that Skyrim had cutting edge visuals but it didn't look dated like Fallout 3 and Fallout 4.
Kxmode wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 12:48:
Go compare Skyrim's graphics to Witcher 3's. Skyrim is definitely dated. But that's not why we play the Elder Scrolls games and Fallout games. We play them because of the story and the exploration. Well, that's why I play them.
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 22:47:
What the fuck? Of course The Witcher 3 has better graphics, it's four years more recent.

Here's the fuck: Fallout 3 came out in 2008. Skyrim came out in 2011. If you're going to compare a game that has a 3 year difference then I sure as hell can compare Skyrim to Witcher 3 that has a 4 year difference. Your snide comment "It's not that Skyrim had cutting edge visuals but it didn't look dated like Fallout 3 and Fallout 4" is basically like saying "Fallout looks like shit because it doesn't look as good as Skyrim". Hypocrite.

This comment was edited on Nov 8, 2015, 13:53.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2015, 01:54 Kxmode

My script picked tonight's random movie: The Spy Who Loved Me

News Comments > Overwatch Not F2P?
42. Re: Into the Black Nov 7, 2015, 13:01 Kxmode

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 21:56:
I've been thinking this for awhile, the place has become really negative lately. Aside from a couple of titles each new game is treated like it's the worst thing ever. Bummer. I admit I've been sucked into it too, but it just isn't good for the community.

When changes happen gamers get very grumpy. When the entire landscape of gaming changes very rapidly gamers lose their shit. Unfortunately these posts are a side effect of gamers being unable to reconcile these changes.

26. Re: Fallout 4 Preloads Nov 7, 2015, 12:48 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 12:30:
Fallout never seems to match up to the awe of the Elder Scrolls games. It's not that Skyrim had cutting edge visuals but it didn't look dated like Fallout 3 and Fallout 4.

Go compare Skyrim's graphics to Witcher 3's. Skyrim is definitely dated. But that's not why we play the Elder Scrolls games and Fallout games. We play them because of the story and the exploration. Well, that's why I play them.

25. Re: Fallout 4 Preloads Nov 7, 2015, 12:46 Kxmode

[VG]Reagle wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 04:07:
This game is shit

How did you manage to get an advanced copy?

10839 Comments. 542 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo