Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 10866 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Just Cause 3 4K Trailer
17. Re: Just Cause 3 4K Trailer Nov 19, 2015, 11:02 Kxmode

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 00:10:
Well, I'll just go ahead and point out that nobody will ever need more than 640K

Win!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Released
3. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Released Nov 19, 2015, 10:54 Kxmode

Definitely going to get this one. It looks amazing and the scores on Steam look great. Conversely the negative reviews appear to complain mostly about the same issues:

- Graphical glitches on high end cards (go figure)
- Intro defaults to low quality 4k (if that's even a thing?) without ever prompting user to make changes
- Several instances of "ACS.exe has stopped working"
- Lower than expected framerate (~40)
- Opening intro cannot be skipped

A framerate of ~40 isn't a big deal breaker for me but I can totally see how it would be for a gamer with a beast of a rig.

I believe this review from Wookus basically sums up the state of PC games today. "Built a new gaming PC partially to play this game. Yet with my new system it still recommends I play on Low Graphics, and at that, it still doesn't play properly. Really disappointed with Ubisoft and the gaming industry as a whole for continually releasing games that don't work right." This kind of nonsense appears to have gotten worst in the last 2-3 years. That's why I want PC gaming to become a fully recognized platform in the media with a dedicated presence at shows like E3 and PAX. It doesn't have to be Windows or Microsoft. It should be Steam and/or GOG Galaxy. By having PC gaming be a legit platform this forces developers to treat PC games with the same care they give console titles. That then leads to better quality PC games. Or at the very least games released on the same day with the console versions that actually work as they should on PC.

Anyhow, going to still buy ACS.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 4K Trailer
15. Re: Just Cause 3 4K Trailer Nov 18, 2015, 19:16 Kxmode

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 13:28:
Linthat22 wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 10:46:
pssssht, I'm waiting for this 4k fad to pass. Bring on 8k!!!

8K is for peasants with AMD hardware. The real action is at 16K.

That's just superfluous. Anyone with any sense knows 64K is where it's at.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed
13. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed Nov 18, 2015, 19:10 Kxmode

... Confused ... Freak  

News Comments > EverQuests Expand
7. Re: EverQuests Expand Nov 18, 2015, 11:11 Kxmode

wtf_man wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 09:19:
Wikipedia:

In June 2015, it was announced that Daybreak shifted the main development focus of the team from Landmark (Player made stuff) to EverQuest Next.

About time. And I thought Star Citizen was taking too long...

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Released
51. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Released Nov 17, 2015, 16:57 Kxmode

Star Wars: Battlefront. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.  

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Nov 17, 2015, 10:27 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 18:51:
jacobvandy wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 17:37:
It won't show all items together when you look in an individual container, but you'll have the materials available to you when building or crafting. Once you've got a big stash in your main base, wherever that is, the easiest way to pimp out a new settlement is to get that connection established.

This. I'm building a freaking LEGION in the Commonwealth. Soon, nobody will move in the greater Boston area without my say-so.

Me too! I'm building a HUGE recreation MALL!

News Comments > Game Reviews
10. Re: Game Reviews Nov 17, 2015, 10:17 Kxmode

InBlack wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 08:09:
My 2 hours impression of the game was about 7/10. After playing for another 3 hours, its down to 6/10. Its just not fun. The exploration seems cool at first, but all the buildings are the same fucking drab shit from the inside.

That was your impression after only 5 hours? I have 36 hours logged and I know for the fact the buildings aren't the same on the inside. I haven't been in a building yet that looked identical to another.

The combat was cool at first, until you figure out that none of the weapons have classes and you cant figure out what class your weapon of choice is to improve it. For example, sawed of shotgun. What is that? A rifle? A heavy gun? What? The game doesn't say so and fuck you very much.

That's the point. Weapon classes don't exist because weapons can be fully modified. Look at the weapon's characteristics. Does it shoot bullets or beams? Is it melee or range? Is it AOE or precision? Are you using a weapon or your power suit? Match up the weapon with your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. and Perks for maximum damage. More than likely you'll be switching between two weapons. For example I carry a Fat Man for mass AOE damage and a high damage pew-pew sniper for one-shot kills via V.A.T.S.

Most of the fights are setup so that there are turrets everywhere and guys will snipe you from rooftops, walkways, basically everywhere so fuck you STR focused characters.

V.A.T.S. is an extremely helpful tool for finding enemies and mines, like a radar system. For example, in College Square Station mobs where attacking me so I ran on top of a bus. From there I spammed "Q" and as I scanned the surroundings V.A.T.S. was able to help me find targets I couldn't see. I was able to pick them off, and nuke the rest. Sniper is an awesome Perk for hitting targets behind walls with V.A.T.S.

The combat in Fallout 4 is mostly urban warfare, not terrain based. For that reason you would benefit from using abandoned buildings to your advantage. It may require clearing out one to get top side however once there you can pick off a lot of enemies pretty easily. Just remember: he who has high ground, wins!

Weapons are a mess, all the guns do horrible damage and are piss poor accurate unless you happen to invest in exactly the right perks. Which the game doesn't tell you what they are.

Perks and S.P.E.C.I.A.L. play a part but weapon modifications help most. Almost every weapon you loot is garbage. You'll need to upgrade using Wasteland trash. That piece of shit weapon after a few mods will start doing massive damage with awesome accuracy. Also remember that looted weapons from the northwest corner is nooby stuff. When you move east and south (and especially south east) you'll start encountering more difficult mobs that have better weapon loot.

Side note, wait until you get the Junk Jet (available inside ArcJet Systems). Nothing more fun than killing a mob with a teddy bear! This is an awesome backup weapon simply because it uses all that trash you picked up as ammo. In the meantime you'll occasionally run in Legendary mobs that have powerful weapons. Killing these types of mobs is no easy feat... let me tell you.

Grenades usually kill me when I throw them cos there are invisible walls everywhere.

Never throw a grenade down or straight out. Always throw it up.

Armor is a mess. So many pieces of apparel that do shit all, unless you find a armor bench and then somehow luck out into making some of it better, or something.

Armor in Fo4 is different. It's worn in layers. You can modify each piece. Modifying armor make each piece stronger and can give bonuses. You can also mod your armor to enhance specific attributes and perks. For example one mod will give you a huge +50% buff to strength, another will buff your Charisma. You can also wear armor OVER your modified armor like knee and shoulder pads.

The powered suit is nice and everything, if you like running into bullets and slow punching guys in the face.

Why would you run into bullets and slow punch guys in the face? It's armor... not a tank. You still take damage and you can die.

Oh and you can't place markers on the map. WHAT. THE. FUCK?!. Found a cool armor bench, and want to mark it for fast travel later? Fuck you! Can't do that.

You can place markers on the map. Either left or right click on the map will bring up an option to create a marker. Left clicking that marker again will let you delete it.

Fuck me am I angry for buying this shit. Serves me right for ignoring my gut.

It sounds like you have other issues. Fallout 4 isn't the reason you're angry.

This comment was edited on Nov 17, 2015, 12:56.

News Comments > WoW 11th Anniversary
9. Re: WoW 11th Anniversary Nov 17, 2015, 09:34 Kxmode

Happy 11th WOW! So many memories. So much wasted time. Good times!  

News Comments > Green Man Gaming Defends Key Sources
22. Re: Green Man Gaming Defends Key Sources Nov 17, 2015, 09:32 Kxmode

I would rather pay full price on Steam and have the option to get a refund if needed. There are no refunds through GMG and other key sellers. That lack of guarantee isn't worth the $10-20 saved.

News Comments > EA's "Gigantic Action" Game Plans
1. Re: EA's Nov 17, 2015, 09:18 Kxmode

I need more coffee this morning. I'm seeing Gigantic Ass Creed. Coffee  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
6. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 16, 2015, 19:30 Kxmode

"Note Content that was purchased with DRM may not play if the license canít be renewed."

I wonder if hacking the device will come under the protection of the Library of Congress' DMCA changes?

News Comments > Jade Empire Free on Origin
29. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 16, 2015, 19:23 Kxmode

Great White Shark wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 18:05:
Please don't actually eat at Red Lobster, do your body a favor and have a little more class than that.

You don't sea food differently?

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 16, 2015, 17:18 Kxmode

"The purpose of this Kickstarter campaign is to secure enough funding to bring on a full time programmer to work with me in creating the first iteration of Andromeda Wild which will release on Steam through Early Access in August, 2016."

Goal amount: $26,418

Well the only way this can work is for him to hire a programmer from Pakistan, Philippines, or some other country. Not that I have anything against programmers from those countries. They're actually very good. They work in a very strong programming mentality. You need to be EXPLICITLY clear with what you want and fully document EVERYTHING otherwise they'll get it painfully wrong.

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Nov 16, 2015, 17:13 Kxmode

nin wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 15:38:
Kajetan wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 15:34:
Wallshadows wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 15:16:
I'm not even going to touch that WAB link.
Why?
Because that guy sucks.

He gave Arkham Knight a thumbs down and said it was awesome as a film but shit as a game. And by movie I think he means Mr. Nolan's Batman trilogy. He also appears to be reviewing it on a console and so his complaints had nothing to do with technical issues but rather he didn't like the gameplay itself. ANYHOW! Smash

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: 8500km/h winds Nov 16, 2015, 16:56 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 12:52:

Surf's up!

"He's not coming back."

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2015, 16:44 Kxmode

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 15:19:
I leave that poor mutt all over the place. I play a mostly stealth char right now, so I'm always ordering him to stay before I go in somewhere that I want to be quiet. Then I forget to go back and get him half the time. So far he's always shown up again for me. Nice to have the console command just in case though.

If you dismiss her an option will come up asking which settlement to send her to. I always choose Sanctuary Hills. She's typically there by the time I come back; which reminds me, I really need to make her a doghouse.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2015, 16:39 Kxmode

ModAV carryweight 9999

I'm roleplaying as a Wasteland Hoarder.

News Comments > Legacy of the Void Sells 1M
2. Re: Legacy of the Void Sells 1M Nov 13, 2015, 21:04 Kxmode

I wonder if this had anything to do with the Warcraft 4 rumor? Basically it gist is Blizzard was going to decide on Warcraft 4 based on how well LOTV does.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One
100. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 18:42 Kxmode

Rhett wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 17:33:
Great game. Has some UI issues, and lack of AI companion controls (like 'stay X far away' or 'stay in stealth' or something. Also, they require ammo for whatever gun you give them... when ammo is NOT plentiful. It seems like it is, but it is not, even with perks.

Very awesome game. Was worried it would be a lot more generic of a shooter, but instead it's Fallout with much better gunplay, and a whole lot of options.

You can get Dogmeat to stay in stealth mode by being in stealth mode yourself. His AI changes while in stealth mode. He's not as aggressive and generally won't attack mobs unless they attack first. I prefer playing this way. Dogmeat is less mental.

10866 Comments. 544 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo