Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 10011 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month
37. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 12:52 Kxmode

I can see the Star Citizen fanboys are out in full force. A couple of things you need to understand

1. This is not the RSI forums. We do not all drink the SC Kool-Aid here so you WILL get dissenting / opposing view points.

2. I have lots of information, video interviews, and other things all sorted and organized showing EXACTLY what Chris said early in the campaign and after the KS campaign ended. When I write something about Chris it is the truth taken from Chris' mouth.

3. Many of you have not backed for close to $1,000 (I have). You do not get to tell me what I SHOULD feel. I do not share your joy for Star Citizen and nothing you say will change my mind.

4. I have tried to get a full refund only to be fed absolute bullshit on CIG's part. Their reasons stand on shaky ground at best. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs The sooner the FTC moves in an takes action the better it will be for all crowdfunding investors; including all you SC fans. This is akin to going to the dentist to get a root canal. It may be painful; it may be uncomfortable... but it is absolutely necessary.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month
13. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 11:03 Kxmode

we said we hoped it was going to be out sometime in April, but 'don't hold me to that' was what I actually said.

He also ACTUALLY said he needed "20 million dollars" to make this game and we would have a complete game in a beta stage by 2015. I don't believe a word he says. He's a confirmed liar.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC
21. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC Jul 19, 2015, 17:33 Kxmode

Krovven wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 17:13:
"∑ All crafting components and alchemy ingredients now weigh nothing."

I don't think most people were having an issue with weight due to the Saddlebags, but I think this is more to help the hoarders and those broom collectors.

Guilty as charged!

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC
18. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & Free DLC Jul 19, 2015, 17:00 Kxmode

Awesome! Geralt lost a lost of weight. Before the patch he weighed 112/160 pounds. Now he weighs 55/160 pounds. Thanks CD Projekt Red Diet Systems!

10/10 would force Geralt's fat ass to diet again.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2015, 12:18 Kxmode

Blue wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 10:29:
PHJF wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 10:00:
Most "fake meat" products AREN'T fat free, including veggie bacon. Doesn't stop them tasting like byproducts from cardboard manufacturing.

And wow, a pizza oven? I generally cook my pizza at 425 in a boring old oven on a boring old sheet for something like 20-25 minutes, still gets a great texture in the dough if not the ideal slight charring.

Pizza is like steak... it's best when cooked at high temperatures that are hard to achieve in the home kitchen.

All of the best pizzas I've had in California, Chicago and New York come from brick ovens with real flames. Something about fire makes a pizza taste like a pizza. Hmmmm.... getting hungry ova here.

News Comments > Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts
4. Re: Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts Jul 19, 2015, 11:39 Kxmode

Their Origin branding campaign - much like Chris Roberts' latest game - is a failure.  

News Comments > Op Ed
64. Re: Op Ed Jul 19, 2015, 11:26 Kxmode

@LurkerLito - I sincerely hope other people read it and see what a lie Star Citizen is. If you put your money into the project you will not get it back no matter how reasonable your refund claim is.

The fact that they weren't even willing to give it back to me means they are burning through cash too fast and aren't even close to having a completed game. So my money is effectively held hostage by a evil businessman. I'm hoping the FTC swoops in an saves myself and others so that we can just get our money back.

News Comments > Op Ed
62. Re: Op Ed Jul 19, 2015, 05:19 Kxmode

feral.fury wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 04:54:
@Kxmode
I'm confused, can you please explain the difference between Microsoft people and real people? Does Microsoft have fake people?
Also can you please explain the difference between Microsoft money and real money? Is real money in USD currency where Microsoft money is xbox points?

I was about to reply to your questions but then looking at your post history I decided I won't. You strike me as a Star Citizen "White Knight".

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2015, 04:28 Kxmode

Scientists have found a seaweed that tastes like bacon.

The only time Bacon and seaweed should go together in the same sentence is something like "I dropped my bacon in the seaweed!"... besides that, crazy talk!

News Comments > Op Ed
60. Re: Op Ed Jul 19, 2015, 04:19 Kxmode

Until now most people have been ethical about the donations they receive on Kickstarter. I believe even Chris Roberts is ethical in that he didnít start it to defraud people. I believe he's had a history of undisciplined projects that balloon out of budget and Kickstarter (and people starving for a real first-person space game that doesnít suck) gave him the keys to the candy store.

History repeats itself:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/article_29857 Published 06/12/2000
"In the wake of the collapse of Digital Anvil, co-founder and soon-to-be-former CEO Chris Roberts has spoken about his decision to leave the company he founded just four years ago. As we suspected, the company's troubles were down to "wanting to develop not only hugely ambitious games, but too many hugely ambitious games", leaving the company's finances stretched after four years without a single game being released - the sole title to emerge with the Digital Anvil name on it was actually mostly developed by a small British company."

http://www.wcnews.com/articles/art23.shtml
We ignored, of course, the rumors that he'd been fired by EA because Wing Commander IV had gone over-budget.

When Digital Anvil signed a publishing contract with Microsoft, our jaws dropped -- but only momentarily. This is the best thing that could happen, we were told! Microsoft would provide Digital Anvil with unlimited capital, and they don't care about how long it takes to develop a game! We ignored, of course, the fact that this made absolutely no sense. We were kids, and we didn't realize that the reason Microsoft has lots and lots of money is because they invest it wisely -- not because they throw away randomly.

When Digital Anvil president Martin Davies left, this was the best thing that could happen! Chris Roberts would get more responsibilty! We ignored, of course, the fact that Davies specifically stated that his departure was because the company had lost their original vision.

These are the conditions Chris left the video game industry to pursue a film career. I was so blinded to believe someone like Chris Roberts, well known for his past performance, would not repeat that same performance a second time around. The difference between Microsoft and Backers is if Microsoft backed Digital Anvil for 150 million and the studio closed it wasn't a huge loss. The same cannot be said for the hundred of thousands of real people who gave real money, some in the hundreds and thousands, to fund this project.

Chris was never truthful. He may have wanted to make the game he pitched on Kickstarter, but we'll never know. And even if he said today "I still want to make that game for you Citizens!" I won't believe it.

News Comments > Op Ed
55. Re: Op Ed Jul 19, 2015, 01:07 Kxmode

Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 2015, 01:35.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer
13. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer Jul 18, 2015, 22:39 Kxmode

descriptio0n

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Website
8. Re: Fallout 4 Website Jul 18, 2015, 22:36 Kxmode

PHJF wrote on Jul 18, 2015, 22:02:
"Wait until your bit before you start screaming."

Wait until my bit does what? The suspense is killing me!

Australia doesn't have good sayings.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2015, 12:11 Kxmode

[removed for personal reasons]

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2015, 12:44.

News Comments > TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking
7. Re: TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking Jul 17, 2015, 11:55 Kxmode

I understand the need for this list on newer games but why older games? By virtue of their age they shouldn't be on the list. Developers aren't going to go back to their really old code and fix 30FPS locks, just like they're not going to go in a update the texture graphics. Instead of creating a blanket list, special consideration should be given to games that are older than 2002 (maybe 2000).  

News Comments > Into the Black
13. Star Trek alternate timeline nerdy fun Jul 17, 2015, 01:36 Kxmode

Here's a rough idea how the altered time line unfolds...

- Carol Marcus and David Marcus succeed on Project Genesis
- Project Genesis is introduced on a lifeless moon / world
- This lifeless moon / world eventually becomes the new Qo'nos
- Klingon / Federation war and mistrust ends 30-40 years earlier

Meanwhile...
- Khan is placed in permanent hibernation
- Khan and his followers never attempt to take over the Enterprise
- Khan and his followers are never marooned on Ceti Alpha V
- Khan and his followers never suffer from the damaged caused by Ceti Alpha VI's explosion in space
- Ceti Eels die off from lack of human hosts resulting in every living being on Ceti Alpha V dying
- Khan and his followers never steal Project Genesis
- Khan never seeks revenge on Kirk
- Khan never blows up Project Genesis, so the Mutara Nebula still exists.
- No Genesis planet exists

Meanwhile...
- Spock never sacrifices his life for "the needs of the many"
- Spock never mind melds with McCoy
- Spock's body is never torpedoed onto the Genesis planet
- Spock's body never regenerates
- Klingons never try and steal Genesis planets secrets (because, well, they live on it... a gift from the Federation after their planet is doomed to end)
- Klingons never kill Kirk's son
- No quarantine of the area of space that was once the Mutara Nebula exists (no Genesis planet)

Meanwhile...
- Kirk and friends never hijack the Enterprise
- Kirk and friends never come face to face with hostile Kruge
- Kirk never becomes racist or hostile towards Klingons
- Kirk and friends never steals a Klingon Bird of Prey
- Kirk and friends never fly to Vulcan in stolen Klingon Bird of Prey because A. Vulcan doesn't exist and B. Spock isn't dead

Meanwhile...
- An alien probe is sent to earth to find out why it lost contact with humpbacked whales

Two possible outcomes here...
- If Kirk and friends are out in space, AND their ship, whatever it may be, is capable of time travel... then the timeline can continue
- If Kirk and friends are on earth: GAME OVER...

So basically this alternate timeline ends with the destruction of earth all because Kirk and his crew couldn't answer the message of an ALIEN HUMPBACKED SPACE WHALES PROBE.

I can't even...

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2015, 04:39.

11. Re: Into the Black Jul 17, 2015, 00:23 Kxmode

nin wrote on Jul 16, 2015, 23:50:
I don't think Munn is sexy enough to play ninja Psylocke.

There, I said it. I may be the only one who thinks it, but I calls em like I sees em *. Ninja Psylocke was sexy as fuck back in the day (always liked Jim Lee's art), and I'm not seeing it here.

Me too! Check this out: Olivia Munn on Google Images versus Kelly Hu on Google Images. Beauty aside, look at how these two project themselves:
Kelly Hu versus Olivia Munn. Obviously Kelly is the one who could do some serious damage as Psylocke.

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2015, 00:29.

5. Re: Into the Black Jul 16, 2015, 21:29 Kxmode

I remember when Olivia Munn was hired as a replacement for a much better Sarah Lane on Attack of the Show. Back then I thought she was a pretty face but she didn't strike me as someone would really cared about the stuff on Attack of the Show. When she left, she appeared on random television shows, and then on the Daily Show as a new corespondent. Again she didn't strike me as someone who cared about the subject matter. It felt like she was just there to get a paycheck and, if you'll pardon the expression, expose herself for her career. After leaving Daily Show she began appearing in films and again, same vibe. Fast forward to now...

As a former comic book collector, and someone who has original issues of X-men going all the way back to the 90's featuring Psylocke, I, again, look at her and think, "Okay, it's obviously she's just another "pretty face" who couldn't care less about a character beloved by many comic book fans. This film is just another paycheck and tick on her resume."

I think a MUCH better choice for Psylocke would be Kelly Hu. She played Lady Deathstrike in X-men 2. She went toe to toe with Wolverine for Pete sake!

Am I wrong? If I am help me understand why.

News Comments > etc.
4. 20 points to Gryphon-doh! Jul 16, 2015, 17:46 Kxmode

Milla Jovovich is 39 years old this year. She was 26 when she did Resident Evil (2002). 21 when the starred in The Fifth Element. 17 when she was Dazed and Confused. ("Alright alright alright alright." Matthew McConaughey was 23 and Ben Affleck was a crazy duck.)

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2015, 00:33.

News Comments > No PC Batman: Arkham Knight Until Fall?
24. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jul 16, 2015, 15:47 Kxmode

I am Bat-..... ... . ... .. .. ... .... Flapping in the nig- .. ... .. .... ... .... . .. . Joker is terroriz- .. .. ... ..

Computer

10011 Comments. 501 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo