Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 10843 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans
4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 24, 2015, 21:21 Kxmode

Free? EA? What sort of "Dark" Arts is this?!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2015, 15:38 Kxmode

nin wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 14:16:
Niiiice...now if I had more time to actually play.

You should. It's one of the best games in recent memory. Graphics, story, audio, gameplay, combat, mod support, 16 free DLCs, 2 expansions (1 out now; 1 coming next year). It also ran really well on my i3-2100 (now a i7-3770k), 8GB RAM, GTX 960.

Some people didn't like Witcher 3's combat. I had no problems with it. I think the complainers are expecting something like Arkham Asylum's styled combat. Witcher 3's combat is much more dynamic.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2015, 14:07 Kxmode

Big GOG Sale going on

- 50% Witcher 3 $29.99 (first time offered for this discount)
- 85% Witcher 2 $2.99
- 85% Witcher 1 $1.49

Basically get the entire trilogy for $34.47.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Console Command Warning
13. Re: Fallout 4 Console Command Warning Nov 24, 2015, 14:02 Kxmode

To be honest console commands actually make the game MORE fun.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Specs
14. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 24, 2015, 13:55 Kxmode

Awesome! Upgraded my cpu to i7-3770k! I'm now well within the recommended specs Dance  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Nov 24, 2015, 00:12 Kxmode

nin wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 18:03:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 17:57:
What's NSFW about "Happiest Fallout 4 Family"?
Based on the first minute, I'm guessing profanity...

I watched with the sound off

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Apology
14. Re: PAYDAY 2 Apology Nov 23, 2015, 18:00 Kxmode

You've got to wonder about a game called PAYDAY...  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2015, 17:59 Kxmode

Blue, "Put... the... coffee... down." Coffee  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 23, 2015, 17:57 Kxmode

What's NSFW about "Happiest Fallout 4 Family"?  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Plans
36. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 20, 2015, 13:09 Kxmode

Angrius Maximis wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 11:11:
Quinn wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 02:55:
My worst gripe is the ridiculous performance of this graphically mediocre looking game, especially around large clusters of buildings. There's just no excuse. The Witcher runs fucking flawless. There's just no excuse.
People with shit machines blaming Bethesday once again. LRN2 Computer bro. I have no issues

Sigh... People are saying that about Batman Arkham Knight. Someone on the Arkham Knight forums via Steam wrote "12 GB is under today's standards. 8GB was the standard 4 years ago. I'd suggest, if you haven't, to upgrade to 16 as soon as possible." People have no clue what they're talking about. Telling people to "LRN2 Computer" doesn't mean people have shitty machines, it means developers are making shitty console ports.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Plans
16. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 20, 2015, 00:23 Kxmode

Beta patch? What? Is there an option where I can disable this? I sure as hell don't want to install a beta patch. I'm not going to beta test your patch or submit fucking reports Bethesda. What in the world is happening with PC gaming? It's like a colossal cluster fuck of failure coming out of almost every publisher.

Edit: Someone on Steam told me beta patches are part of the Beta program and this is typically turned off by default. Good... That's good.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2015, 00:33.

News Comments > No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support
14. Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 19, 2015, 21:53 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 19:11:
What a fucking train wreck. I don't know why they bothered pulling it in the first place if they weren't going to fix it properly. If their intention was to kill off the franchise they did a superb job.

"Some men just want to watch the world burn." Alfred Pennyworth

13. Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 19, 2015, 21:50 Kxmode

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 19:06:
There should be an award made specifically for this title.

There is. It's called Closure and Unemployment. Marks my words, Rocksteady closure by June 2016.

12. Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 19, 2015, 21:47 Kxmode

saluk wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 19:01:
Nail in the coffin. You guys will be lucky to get any money from pc gamers again.

Maybe that was the idea. Do so bad on the port that they can justify not bothering with ports anymore.

Total Biscuit called Mad Max one of the best PC ports in recent memory. Mad Max was developed by Avalanche, published by WBIE, and released August 2015 same year as AK. So what was the difference? Why was Mad Max fantastic and Arkham Knight total garbage? Was it timelines? Budgets? Perhaps. More likely the culprit was Avalanche's decision to keep PC development in-house alongside the console versions. Rocksteady decided to outsource Arkham Knight to Iron Galaxy Studios. As a publisher WBIE is only responsible for the timeline, budget, and milestones. Developers are responsible for the games themselves who works on what. Both Rocksteady and Avalanche received budgets and timelines but only Avalanche made the wise decision to keep the game in-house.

The long and short is this: don't automatically blacklist WBIE, the publisher. Instead look at who is developing the game and THEIR track record and who is publishing the game and THEIR track record. The paragraph above perfectly demonstrates this.

- WBIE publisher, Avalanche developer: Had a successful launch... purchase! (1 + 1 = win)
- WBIE publisher, Rocksteady developer: Had a failed launch... don't purchase! (1 - 1 = fail)

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2015, 00:37.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Released
12. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Released Nov 19, 2015, 13:29 Kxmode

@harlock - Do you have a nVidia card? 359.00 WHQL was released today for an optimal experience for Assassinís Creed: Syndicate and Overwatch: Beta.  

11. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Released Nov 19, 2015, 13:23 Kxmode

Kxmode wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 10:54:
Anyhow, going to still buy ACS.

It's really weird but some Steam users are reporting fantastic performance: "Good storyline with good graphics. They deffinetly made up for unity with this game. Consistant 60 FPS on ultra!" And not so fantastic: "Ubisoft fuc3king sucks so much di3ck i cannot believe how many fucking bugs are in this game, all i wanna do is penetrate ubisofts as3". I'm going to wait a day or two until I get a better sense of this console port. I think it might be wise to wait for Total Biscuit's Port Report (if he does one).

9. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Released Nov 19, 2015, 13:13 Kxmode

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 11:07:
Kxmode, a big factor for me getting a game has to do with the Steam score, but as you allude to first day negs can weigh a game down forever. What we need for steam is a way per game to put in a date range and give us the score from that. This way I can cut out some initial release dates/reviews after a patch addresses those main concerns, then get a solid score.

I believe what you're advocating is what WB did when they re-released Arkham Knight. They changed the release date and then flagged all reviews prior to the new date as "Early Access Game". It was seen by most as complete bullshit. Even the gaming media thought it was uncool.

I understand your point but this could lead to "whitewashing" abuse by publishers. People have the right to know that a game has been "refurbished". The publisher can make it absolutely clear that the updated game is much better but not by changing the date and tagging early reviews as EAG.

My apologies if I'm wrong in your assessment.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 4K Trailer
17. Re: Just Cause 3 4K Trailer Nov 19, 2015, 11:02 Kxmode

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 00:10:
Well, I'll just go ahead and point out that nobody will ever need more than 640K

Win!

3. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Released Nov 19, 2015, 10:54 Kxmode

Definitely going to get this one. It looks amazing and the scores on Steam look great. Conversely the negative reviews appear to complain mostly about the same issues:

- Graphical glitches on high end cards (go figure)
- Intro defaults to low quality 4k (if that's even a thing?) without ever prompting user to make changes
- Several instances of "ACS.exe has stopped working"
- Lower than expected framerate (~40)
- Opening intro cannot be skipped

A framerate of ~40 isn't a big deal breaker for me but I can totally see how it would be for a gamer with a beast of a rig.

I believe this review from Wookus basically sums up the state of PC games today. "Built a new gaming PC partially to play this game. Yet with my new system it still recommends I play on Low Graphics, and at that, it still doesn't play properly. Really disappointed with Ubisoft and the gaming industry as a whole for continually releasing games that don't work right." This kind of nonsense appears to have gotten worst in the last 2-3 years. That's why I want PC gaming to become a fully recognized platform in the media with a dedicated presence at shows like E3 and PAX. It doesn't have to be Windows or Microsoft. It should be Steam and/or GOG Galaxy. By having PC gaming be a legit platform this forces developers to treat PC games with the same care they give console titles. That then leads to better quality PC games. Or at the very least games released on the same day with the console versions that actually work as they should on PC.

Anyhow, going to still buy ACS.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 4K Trailer
15. Re: Just Cause 3 4K Trailer Nov 18, 2015, 19:16 Kxmode

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 13:28:
Linthat22 wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 10:46:
pssssht, I'm waiting for this 4k fad to pass. Bring on 8k!!!

8K is for peasants with AMD hardware. The real action is at 16K.

That's just superfluous. Anyone with any sense knows 64K is where it's at.

10843 Comments. 543 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo