Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 9696 (Guru)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Universal Combat Advanced Announced
15. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jan 13, 2015, 12:06 Kxmode

You know, I think you should all be nicer to Hderek Hsmart. Hderek Hsmart seems like a nice guy.

Smash

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag
15. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jan 12, 2015, 13:49 Kxmode

Now would be a great time for Blizzard to register Titan. I kind of think Titan is a cooler name than Overwatch.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
42. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jan 12, 2015, 13:10 Kxmode

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 03:10:
The RSI forums are by far the most insane fanboy slum I ever saw. At this point you might as well forget asking any real question there.. which is really sad ;(

To quote Ben Kenobi: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

41. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jan 12, 2015, 12:48 Kxmode

Wildone wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 07:16:
The proof is in the pudding, fire up the Arena commander and tell me how fuckin lame the ship control is.

Obviously this is WIP

40. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jan 12, 2015, 12:44 Kxmode

BadIronTree wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 05:42:
They also give 2 times a week video reports on what they did... You can not be more open than that... (OR You could make a reality show 24/7 like big brother :P)

10FTC isn't a weekly report of what they did. It's ten questions taken from subscribers and answered within the scope of what they are willing to share. Actually that last sentence is meaningless given they select questions they know they can answer.

Around the Verse is the only show that tells you "here's what we did", but the segment that actually shares that information only lasts 3-5 minutes. The rest of the show is typical PR filler. Although I really do love BugSmashers. Fun stuff, especially when you get to see under the hood of Star Citizen.

This comment was edited on Jan 12, 2015, 13:07.

News Comments > Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag
12. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jan 12, 2015, 12:34 Kxmode

Your tax dollars at work?  

News Comments > Stardock: Details on Three New Games Next Month
12. Re: Stardock: Details on Three New Games Next Month Jan 11, 2015, 19:00 Kxmode

I really like Brad's accent. Reminds me of the film Fargo, dontchakno?  

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Tuesday
14. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Tuesday Jan 11, 2015, 18:42 Kxmode

Julio wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 18:14:
Kxmode wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 18:02:
Why are video game developers continuing to use KickStarter? It's regional. If they want world-wide backing go with https://www.indiegogo.com/.

Because Indiegogo gives any money raised, regardless of if the overall goal is hit. Much higher chance of being scammed. Most Kickstarters also accept Paypal, so that should work for all countries?

Very nice point. Thanks for clarifying!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 11, 2015, 18:08 Kxmode

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 23:10:
nin wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 21:39:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 21:28:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 21:24:
But Valve getting a heafty cut of every game sold? Hardly, they're one of if not the lowest in terms of cuts on every game sold in all the distribution services.

30% to me is healthy enough when you have the largest share.

That also covers payment/billing, file hosting/bandwidth, patching, and matchmaking.

Yep, got it. Also covers HL3 development.

HL3 confirmed!

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Tuesday
12. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Tuesday Jan 11, 2015, 18:02 Kxmode

Why are video game developers continuing to use KickStarter? It's regional. If they want world-wide backing go with https://www.indiegogo.com/.  

21. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 11, 2015, 17:55 Kxmode

Flatline wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 12:37:
Because aside from Chris Taylor's experience 20 years ago making space sims

Star Citizen RTS module confirmed

20. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 11, 2015, 17:46 Kxmode

Comet wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 10:27:
How long did it take to develop:
GTA V, World Of Warcraft, Destiny, The Witcher 3, Guild Wars 2, Call of Duty games and so on?
Most AAA games take 4-5 years to make. Most games suffer release delays. Many crowdfunded projects and games have suffered delays and still did well when released. Divinity Original Sin. Wasteland 2 and so on.
In fact the kickstarter projects with a higher chance of success usually come from veteran developers. In fact most projects fail.

As you point out. SC has the funds. Has the talent. It continues to show progress on the project. The fact that they are financially stable is precisely why they have a better chance of success than many other projects.

I actually BACKED Star Citizen since 1/2013 to the tune of $930. I absolutely want this game to succeed but at the same time I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid that CIG keeps releasing. I look at this project with a very critical eye. If I see something I don't like I ask in the Star Citizen forums. Unfortunately most of my threads have either been bashed by fellow backers, closed by the Moderators or out-right removed. There was an organization that did stuff like this in the past too: They were called the Nazi party. In Chris Roberts' New World Order there is NO DISSENT. If you dissent you will be silenced.

TL;DR You're not on robertsspaceindustries.com. You can tell us what your REAL feelings are about Star Citizen. No one will silence you here.

P.S. Blue can you tell us if Comet has an email ending in @cloudimperiumgames.com or @robertsspaceindustries.com ? The history looks very suspicious. Like this person is employed by CIG as their resident social media person.

This comment was edited on Jan 11, 2015, 18:54.

18. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 11, 2015, 17:34 Kxmode

As a veteran backer it's nice to be on a forum where everyone isn't drinking the Star Citizen Kool-Aid. I can't stand the circle jerk that goes on at robertsspaceindustries.com. I've had more than a few of my threads shut down for asking simple things like "The Star Citizen Kickstarter page promised a delivery date of November 2014. We're past that date. So when is this game going to be released?"

I posted this question on the Status Report, "We're over two years into this project and we're still seeing concept art. When are we going to start seeing actual in-game screen shots?" I fully expect some Moderator to remove my legitimate question... as they always do. No dissent in Chris Roberts' New World Order.

News Comments > Resident Evil HD Specs
8. Re: Resident Evil HD Specs Jan 11, 2015, 17:20 Kxmode

As always http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri will quickly tell you if the game will run for you.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2015, 04:09 Kxmode

Hi Blue. I wanted to say that I turned off AdBlock Plus on your site. Hope it helps revenue generation.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2015, 02:00 Kxmode

Oy, I'm getting a little farklemt. Talk amongst yourselfs. I'll give you a topic. Rhode Island; neither a road nor an island. Discuss!" Gossip  

News Comments > Roll20 Virtual Tabletop
10. Re: Roll20 Virtual Tabletop Jan 7, 2015, 01:57 Kxmode

Fion wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 14:30:
Oh and as a GM personally I wouldn't make you roll, instead I'd ask how many drinks you've had and compare it to your constitution modifier. Unless of course you've been drinking dwarven ale. Then you earn a drunkenness achievement.

Would Zima lower my HP?

News Comments > Big Bad Wolf Boasts RPG Vets
4. Re: Big Bad Wolf Boasts RPG Vets Jan 6, 2015, 01:27 Kxmode

saluk wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 20:06:
If I were them I would have left the resume blank and acted like a brand new thing.

I know right? Loki and World of Warcraft. That's like saying, "We're going to make cars. We have engineers from Rolls Royce and Ford." What kind of Frankenstein ride would that be?

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2015, 23:11 Kxmode

Here's an example of what happens when a veteran Star Citizen backer tries to ask legitimate questions about delivery and project scope.

Despite the Moderator's "Topic has been answered. Thread closed". Looking back at the replies the questions where actually never answered. I believe Tracker came closest to some sort of answer.

This comment was edited on Jan 5, 2015, 23:16.

News Comments > Roll20 Virtual Tabletop
4. Re: Roll20 Virtual Tabletop Jan 5, 2015, 22:30 Kxmode

Fion wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 19:00:
Why is this on Bluesnews? It's been available for like 2+ years now.

I heard about the site from a coworker today and thought it was definitely worth sending to Blue. There's more than a few of you who are current or former pen-and-paper gamers.

Fion wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 19:00:
Why is this on Bluesnews? I've been using it since it came out, most of that time without subscribing.

That's wonderful that you know about it. Posting it on Blues News will make it known to more gamers especially those who have yet to try pen and paper gaming. I know some of you are burnt out on MMOs. Why not try an "old school MMO"?

Plus you can ask the DM to roll the die to see if you're getting drunk! Drunk2

9696 Comments. 485 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo