Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 10043 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China Early Access
3. Re: Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China Early Access Aug 19, 2015, 16:36 Kxmode

Why are they advertising this as if it was a completed game? This early access nonsense needs to stop.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2015, 15:26 Kxmode

Try Windex Blue. Greeks use it to fix everything.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
13. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 19, 2015, 00:07 Kxmode

This is regarding:

“When we first started, we raised $6 million with crowdfunding,” Roberts told me. “That was a lot, but it still wasn’t what we were gonna make the game for because we had private investors lined up. At that point, we were thinking of making a much more contained game. But as things went on and the stretch goals kept getting hit, people were basically saying, ‘We want this feature’ and ‘we want that feature.’ So obviously, the scope changed. It naturally follows that if you’re gonna build a house and then someone says, ‘No, we want you to build a huge castle,’ even if you have a lot more money, it’s gonna take more time to build the castle.”

Two points.

1. When funding reached 20 million Roberts wrote a community letter praising their combined efforts to reach such a milestone. In that letter he wanted to address their growing concerns over scope creep.

There has been some concern about “feature creep” with the additional stretch goals. You should all know that we carefully consider the goals we announce.

. . .

The first are goals that involve features we already have planned or have implemented, but we couldn’t create content because of budgetary constraints.

. . .

But both types of goals are carefully considered — we don’t commit to adding features that would hold up the game’s ability to go “live” in a fully functional state.

So in September 2013 Roberts tells concerned Backers "No, it's cool. This is shit we planned to add from the beginning. We just need more Backers - like you - to give us more money to make it happen." Then today, August 2015, Chris is now blaming those very Backers for the game's current "scope creep". Like what the actual fuck?!

2. Roberts now admits in writing that "we were thinking of making a much more contained game". In other words that game he pitched on Kickstarter.

I'm at a complete loss for words. This is like the scene in "A Few Good Men" when Jessep admits to ordering the death of PFC Santiago in a court of law.

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2015, 01:42.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
12. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 18, 2015, 23:41 Kxmode

On this page CIG writes "The game is currently in alpha version." Star Citizen isn't anywhere near alpha. It is a collection of playable tech demos. In its current development Star Citizen is somewhere between Design and Testing. An alpha, as most people know it, is "a game [that] is feature complete, that is, [a] game [that] is playable and contains all the major features." Star Citizen is not even remotely close to that status. "Alpha" is inappropriately used to confuse newcomers into believing the game is almost done. CIG needs to get rid of "alpha" and go with more acceptable and accurate terms like "early access" or "pre-alpha" so that people know precisely what status it's in. When, and if, the game ever does reach Alpha status then they can go back to using it.  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Aug 18, 2015, 23:25 Kxmode

My favorites:

- You'll Say "Sorry" But What You'll Really Mean Is "#%@$ You!"
- Family Fight Night

Rotfl

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Development Moves In-House
30. Re: Star Citizen FPS Development Moves In-House Aug 18, 2015, 22:38 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 22:15:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 15:56:
Illfonic and Foundry 42 are basically the same studios.
You're not even subtle in your trolling.

Foundry 42, a Cloud Imperium development studio, was created in Manchester specifically to work on Squadron 42 and eventually took on more responsibility. But as a studio they have never released a game.

I would like to correct myself and say that Illfonic has produced one product called Nexuiz; which is no longer for sell on Xbox 360 or Steam.

I would like to apologize for "Neither have shipped a product". All that aside my question "So how can you make that claim?" still stands. How can you make the claim "Foundry 42's work has always been of a much higher calibre than that of Illfonic" when neither studio has a record of quality work.

This comment was edited on Aug 18, 2015, 23:34.

19. Re: Star Citizen FPS Development Moves In-House Aug 18, 2015, 15:56 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 14:51:
Personally I'm glad as Foundry 42's work has always been of a much higher calibre than that of Illfonic.

Illfonic and Foundry 42 are basically the same studios. Neither have shipped a product. So how can you make that claim? Other than it keeps reinforcing the quote from Paulo Coelho, "fanaticism is the only way to put an end to the doubts that constantly trouble the human soul."

10. Re: Star Citizen FPS Development Moves In-House Aug 18, 2015, 13:48 Kxmode

So Illfonic was "Ill-prepared" to handle the task.

I'm here all week. Try the salad buffet.

49. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2015, 11:55 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 23:51:
My wife and I had to put our cat to sleep today. She'd had a stroke over the weekend, and when we came home today, we found her lying on the ground, seemingly paralyzed in her hind legs.

She was 13 years old.

Bye Tabby. We will miss you.

Painful Crest. Hopefully you have lots of photos and videos to relive those wonderful experiences with Tabby.

News Comments > The Witcher III Game+ DLC Released
17. Re: The Witcher III Game+ DLC Released Aug 18, 2015, 11:50 Kxmode

Quinn wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 09:20:
Thanks indeed, Kxmode! That's some serious praising, mate. It got me really excited and I no longer have any doubts whether to buy it or not. Band practice tonight, LIS tomorrow night!

Welcome! Let us know what you think about it in the coming days or weeks.

News Comments > Mad Max Branching Trailer
8. Re: Mad Max Branching Trailer Aug 18, 2015, 03:33 Kxmode

Maybe the reason why the game looks like it works so well is the movie itself is very much like a video game. I don't mean that in a derogatory way. I simply mean the way George Miller wrote and directed the film absolutely lends itself to an awesome video game experience.

It's also ironic considering the film was mostly practical effects and the video game is basically CG. lol

11. Re: The Witcher III Game+ DLC Released Aug 18, 2015, 03:24 Kxmode

Quinn wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 01:27:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 01:18:
Quinn wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 18:40:
It might take some unusual willpower considering the draught on good games atm

Have you tried Life is Strange?

Nope, not yet! Did have my eyes on it. I wanna get it when all the episodes are out. I wouldn't watch a TV series season a second sooner either But people say it's pretty good, yeah?

To give you an idea, Life is Strange and Witcher 3 are my GOTYs and of those two I am leaning towards LIS simply because it's more "visceral" and "raw" than Witcher 3. You will not be disappointed in the least!

DONTNOD is releasing episodes on an 8-week schedule. So if the schedule holds episode 5 should be out the week of September 21st. As someone who played all four episodes waiting for the 5th is torture!

This comment was edited on Aug 18, 2015, 13:50.

9. Re: The Witcher III Game+ DLC Released Aug 18, 2015, 01:18 Kxmode

Quinn wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 18:40:
It might take some unusual willpower considering the draught on good games atm

Have you tried Life is Strange?

8. Re: The Witcher III Game+ DLC Released Aug 18, 2015, 01:16 Kxmode

CeeKay wrote on Aug 17, 2015, 18:07:
Went to install the new DLC, and it said my version of the game wasn't compatible. I had 1.08 installed, so I took a look, and there is a patch 1.08.2 out now, versus 1.08.1 from a couple of days ago.

Those of us with the Steam version don't have 1.08.2 yet. I have NG+ but it doesn't work for me until I can get that patch.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash
39. Re: The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash Aug 17, 2015, 11:55 Kxmode

born2expire wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 15:20:
gotta protect that upcoming DLC

The only Mods I'm aware of to became popular enough to warrant their own product is DOTA (which created a new gaming genre called MOBAs), Counter Strike, and Garry's Mod. Other than those most mods have been simple enhancements to the existing game. I absolutely love CDPR but I have to agree with the community. Giving Modders more robust tools goes a long way towards keep the life of parent game going and Witcher 3 is a game that needs a long shelf life. It's so awesome! I want to go on more adventures in this game.

News Comments > Seven Announced
10. Re: Seven Announced Aug 17, 2015, 11:48 Kxmode

Well at least they didn't spell it as "Se7en"

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2015, 11:38 Kxmode

GOG Weekend Promotion 40+ Ubisoft games up to 75% off

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Adds Mod Tools
7. Re: The Witcher 3 Adds Mod Tools Aug 14, 2015, 11:31 Kxmode

Hoping to see lots of Dark Souls like quests. For example spawn a really difficult mob (man, monster, or beast) and let us go hunt them down using Witcher tracking skills.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Reckoning Next Month
1. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Reckoning Next Month Aug 13, 2015, 22:03 Kxmode

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Mystery Monster Shoot: Super Special Radioactive Flatulence School DXX-XL: Sinister Lizard Posse Edition, Part 2

17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2015, 20:09 Kxmode

nin wrote on Aug 13, 2015, 09:04:
Happy International Lefthanders Day!

I'm typing this on a keyboard with both hands. I regret nothing!

10043 Comments. 503 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo