Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 10839 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New Star Citizen Alpha
5. Re: New Star Citizen Alpha Dec 25, 2015, 17:21 Kxmode

Are we there yet?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt
16. Re: Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt Dec 25, 2015, 17:19 Kxmode

Siygess wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 17:09:
Heh, 'This' release of Star Wars Battlefront. I'm sure they will be excited to sell us such content in Battlefront 4.

As for TFA.. well, damn. A solid B- as a sci-fi film but I feel like JJ baked a chocolate cake but forgot to add in any chocolate.. and dealt with it by sprinkling a little on the top and making little jokes about it so it could be sold as a modern twist on the flavour you were expecting. Ironic chocolate cake.

After the opening crawl I felt nothing. Not even Ep 1 - 3 can make that claim!

You cannot embrace the new film. I can respect that. However, I would like to point out that you, like mellis, represent a minority of people who do not like the new film. I, on the other hand, represent the vast MAJORITY of people who do love the new film and look forward to seeing how the story unfolds... including the Anthology films (Rogue One, Han Solo, Boba Fett)

This comment was edited on Dec 25, 2015, 17:24.

News Comments > Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt
12. Re: Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt Dec 25, 2015, 16:29 Kxmode

mellis wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 14:27:
The movie was terrible. . . . the pile of theatrical faeces.

That's your opinion and your's alone.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2015, 19:14 Kxmode

May the force be with you!

74. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2015, 17:30 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Dec 24, 2015, 00:02:
FINE.

I'll go see it again and see if I like it any better the second time.

Snobby

It really is.

I can say after 3 viewings it is safe to say Lawrence Kasdan and JJ infused this film with multiple layers that only become obvious after many viewings. Each time, I left the theater with something new.

This comment was edited on Dec 24, 2015, 17:40.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2015, 14:23 Kxmode

Bunch of games on sales via Origin for the next 4 days. Save 40% on Star Wars Battlefront standard and deluxe. Here's the stupid-long link. I think now's a good time to get it. Sadly no discount on the season pass.

71. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2015, 10:56 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 04:31:
That poster you made was pretty sweet. I meant to say that earlier.

Thanks! I think it would be amazing if they used it (the subtitle I mean, not the poster). I could say I contributed something to the official canon.

70. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2015, 10:42 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 04:55:
Agree. A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back are masterpieces. The plot progresses naturally from character motivations. There are no blatant prequel imitations or out-of-the-Blue coincidences the way there are in TFA.

Except George Lucas didn't write the screenplay for Empire Strikes Back. Lawrence Kasdan did. He also co-wrote the screenplay for The Force Awakens. If there was ever a person who GOT the essence and spirit of one of the best Star Wars films it would be Lawrence Kasdan. Based on that alone he's completely justified in writing The Force Awakens the way in which he did.

jdreyer wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 04:55:
So for us in the beginning it was knowing why we were telling this story and it was to give people that sense of possibility and magic that we all felt when we first saw the original Star Wars. But I will just say that this is all to tell a new story, meaning it’s not a nostalgia trip. We had to go backward in order to go forwards.
No, no, no, NO! You don't need to go backwards! Just go forward! Tell us a new Goddamn story for Yodassake!!!

If you look at 4, 5, and 6 those are stories that continue – this is 7 – so the history of 7 will be what we’ve seen before. The fabric needs to be that which we’re familiar with in order to tell a brand new story.
Familiar is fine. EXACTLY THE SAME is not okay.

Did you like the first Avengers movie? Did you like Guardians of the Galaxy? Let's examine both.

Hostile alien army fights above a major city for control of an alien cube of unimaginable power. The army is led by a power mad genius bent on control and destruction.

Now let's compare the main cast of characters.

- Rocket, a genius builder of technology and weaponry (a.k.a. Tony Stark / Iron Man)
- Star Lord, a stoic warrior from another world (a.k.a. Thor)
- Gamora, an expert assassin with a questionable background (a.k.a. Black Widow)
- Groot, an exceedingly strong creature that crushes and destroys everything (a.k.a. Hulk)
- Drax the Destroyer, a warrior who seeks to avenge his family's death at the hands of an evil villian who is clearly out of his element (a.k.a. Captain America)

The conclusion is Guardians of the Galaxy is basically Avengers. If you said yes to liking both films don't you think it's a bit hypocritical to give a pass to Guardians of the Galaxy and yet you bash on The Force Awakens for basically doing the same thing?

Remixes aren't a bad thing. Sometimes a remix can turn out to be better than the original. Example:

1. Dan Croll - From Nowhere
2. Dan Croll - From Nowhere (Baardsen Remix) - used in GTA5 PC trailer

In my humble opinion The Force Awakens is better than the source material in every way. I say this having been an old school Star Wars fan (saw the original trilogy in theaters when I was a kid) where Empire Strikes Back, for the longest time, WAS my favorite Star Wars film. TFA replaced it.

This comment was edited on Dec 24, 2015, 17:38.

59. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2015, 16:32 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 13:21:
Second, Anakin did bring balance to the force by killing Palpatine.

In the film it states, in the opening crawler, that Luke Skywalker is the last Jedi. Vader killed Palpatine leaving a power vacuum in favor of dark side like elements. This is why Luke was trying to rebuild the Jedi. A corruption and betrayal of one of his pupils is also what lead to the end of this pursuit. However, the goal of rebuilding the Jedi is what will ultimately bring balance to the force. Since Luke is the only one who can do this he literally is the "one who will bring balance to the Force".

I'm probably wrong. I don't know. It's just fun to speculate based on brand new Star Wars material again.

58. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2015, 16:25 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 13:21:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 11:36:
Go easy on me. I'm just having fun.
Well, I think the word "equilibrium" is way too long for a Star Wars movie title. Disney is too conservative a company to greenlight that.

You're probably right but I don't think Disney should dumb down the movie. Most people are intelligent. It's Star Wars. Kids will learn a new word. I remember learning the word determination in 4th grade. I always thought that was a cool word! It was so large and mature sounding. Kids will love "equilibrium" once they learn what it means. It's a beautiful word that perfectly describes what's happening with the force: "a state in which opposing forces or actions are balanced so that one is not stronger or greater than the other".

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2015, 16:36.

57. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2015, 16:17 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 15:28:
It's just annoying that such a precise description applies equally to two movies.

It helps to understand JJ describe the story and what was most important between the old trilogy and new. It'll put your mind at ease...

https://youtu.be/lyu4eGCZyeY?t=13m25s

When Kathy Kennedy, Larry and I started talking about what this was at the very beginning the fundamental question was “what do we want to feel?” and “what do we want people to feel when they came to this movie?” That was really the beginning of the discussion. The answer was the kind of sense of discovery, exhilaration, surprise, the comedy that George Lucas put into Star Wars was the thing that made me love the movie. When you look at all the things that he got right it’s impossible and stunning. So for us in the beginning it was knowing why we were telling this story and it was to give people that sense of possibility and magic that we all felt when we first saw the original Star Wars. But I will just say that this is all to tell a new story, meaning it’s not a nostalgia trip. We had to go backward in order to go forwards. If you look at 4, 5, and 6 those are stories that continue – this is 7 – so the history of 7 will be what we’ve seen before. The fabric needs to be that which we’re familiar with in order to tell a brand new story.

----

Bonus:

Adam Driver talks about Kylo Ren
https://youtu.be/lyu4eGCZyeY?t=7m2s

“I think he’s very unpolished and unfinished. I think what JJ and Larry did is they kept all the vocabulary that everyone is familiar with Star Wars and the dark side very much intact but also adding a kind of recklessness or something that’s un-neat about it that I think people normally associate with the dark side being organized and very much in control and calm and in command.”

Lawrence Kasdan talks about Kylo Ren

“We were so excited about Adam playing this part because there’s never been a character like Kylo in the saga. So no he hasn’t got his shit altogether I would say. Adam acts it so beautifully because what you . . . expect is some sort of evil genius, but what you’re getting is all the contradictions and the conflicts that anyone of us can feel at any moment.”

53. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2015, 14:02 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 13:43:
Which movie am I describing here?

Sleepless in Seattle. Obviously.

50. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2015, 11:36 Kxmode

Created a fan movie poster and concept title for the 8th film.

Minor spoiler explanation warning

"Without The Jedi, There Can Be No Balance In The Force." Lor San Tekka (Max von Sydow) says this to Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac) on Jakku setting the tone for the rest of the film. At the end of the film Kylo Ren sets off to complete his dark side training with Snoke meanwhile Rey sets off to complete her light side training with Luke Skywalker. It's seems fitting to conclude that the Eighth film is about bringing balance and harmony to the Force from both sides. The subtitle for the eighth film could be:

STAR WARS EPISODE VIII: EQUILIBRIUM

Three reasons for the subtitle.

First, equilibrium is a long word consisting of 5 syllables (e-qui-lib-ri-um). When you look at other Star Wars subtitles five appears to be the average syllable count:

* The Phantom Menace - 5 syllables
* Attack of the Clones - 5 syllables
* Revenge of the Sith - 5 syllables
* A New Hope - 3 syllables
* Empire Strikes Back - 4 syllables
* Return of the Jedi - 6 syllables
* The Force Awakens - 5 syllables

Second, what is happening to the force can best be represented by a single word: Equilibrium.

Third, "the prophecy of the one who will bring balance to the Force". It was never Anakin. It was always his son, Luke.

Go easy on me. I'm just having fun.

7. Woman Knocks Out Man With Single Punch After He Pinches Her Butt Dec 22, 2015, 11:21 Kxmode

Is her name Rey?  

3. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Dec 21, 2015, 11:40 Kxmode

Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! Star Wars! am I right?! Dance

Seeing it a third time in IMAX tonight.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2015, 00:41 Kxmode

nin wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 22:41:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 21:58:
Non Spoiler; just Star Wars info.

Found out the name Kylo Ren is kind of like Darth Vader. His character is part of the Order of Ren. I'm not exactly sure who they are; but I would assume it would have something to do with Palpatine's inner circle. Like the Darths... Ren is a surname given to an Order member, then either they or their master chooses the first name. In some interviews you can hear Adam Driver refer to his character as Ren Kylo. Saying the name like that actually makes more sense.

He's from the Knights of Ren.

Thanks nin.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2015, 22:03 Kxmode

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 20:10:
Benicio Del Toro is an absolute force when put in these roles. Kind of makes me wonder what role he'll fill in Episode 8. Maybe The Collector?

Perhaps Poe Dameron's father.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2015, 21:58 Kxmode

Non Spoiler; just Star Wars info.

Found out the name Kylo Ren is kind of like Darth Vader. His character is part of the Order of Ren. I'm not exactly sure who they are; but I would assume it would have something to do with Palpatine's inner circle. Like the Darths... Ren is a surname given to an Order member, then either they or their master chooses the first name. In some interviews you can hear Adam Driver refer to his character as Ren Kylo. Saying the name like that actually makes more sense.

50. Re: How Blue? Dec 19, 2015, 01:38 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 22:02:
Blue wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 08:47:
Ant wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 19:26:
How did you see it early? I probably won't see it until Christmas break.

MrsBlue works in children's publishing and has worked on adaptations of the movies, so she got invited to a screening though work. So it was not only extra early, it was actually free (yes, I am very lucky). I didn't see him myself, but I'm told Neil Patrick Harris was in the audience with us.
I guess you could relax better knowing there was a genius doctor in the theater.

Genius television doctor.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Dec 19, 2015, 01:33 Kxmode

EA dropped the price of Star Wars Battlefront.

Save 32% on the Deluxe Edition $46.99 (Regular: $69.99)
Save 50% on the Standard Edition $39.99 (Regular: $59.99)
Save 25% on the Ultimate Edition$89.98 (Regular: $119.98)
Sadly, no discount on the Season Pass

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/buy

10839 Comments. 542 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo