Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 9999 (Guru)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Quote of the Day
6. Re: Quote of the Day Aug 11, 2015, 13:15 Kxmode

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 11:49:
ldonyo wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 10:35:
So he's saying they both suck, but one has more explosions?

Or he's saying Just Cause 2 was beyond terrible, to the point that humanity should be forced to obliterate it from memory and all record, and Just Cause 3 merely sucks so bad you feel embarrassed for everyone involved.

I added JC2 and 3 to my Steam wishlist. I regret nothing!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2015, 12:26 Kxmode

Cast list looks amazing especially with Ed Harris playing Yul Brenner's Gunslinger role. I can't imagine a more perfect replacement for Yul than Ed.

Ed Harris, the only best part about The Rock

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 2015, 12:32.

News Comments > Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown
128. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 11, 2015, 11:22 Kxmode

{PH}88fingers wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 16:16:
And when it doesn't explode will you finally STFU?

"And when it doesn't explode". It will. It's just a matter of time. 85 million dollars is a lot of money, but it is not enough for Chris Roberts' ambitious pipe dream.

News Comments > The International Results
38. Re: The International Results Aug 10, 2015, 19:42 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Aug 9, 2015, 15:07:
Fucking pro athletes are overpaid but at least they have to put real effort in.

Athleticism isn't necessarily about who can run the fastest or jump the farthest or punch the hardest. Athleticism can also mean who can think and strategize the quickest. This is not a battle of brawn but a battle of minds. For that reason it is definitely a form of athleticism. You should celebrate their success. They earned it.

News Comments > Take-Two Financials
2. Re: Take-Two Financials Aug 10, 2015, 17:57 Kxmode

Think CIG will ever release their financials? It's not like they owe their existence to gracious Backers or anything.  

News Comments > Funcom Seeking Help
5. Re: Funcom Seeking Help Aug 10, 2015, 17:56 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 17:22:
You mean when you took your failing MMO type game and relaunched it, it really didn't do any better?

Whodathunkit?

I'm sure Turbine thought that same thing about LOTRO and it turned out to be a great success. It was a gamble Funcom was willing to make.

News Comments > Energy Hook Early Access This Week
3. Re: Energy Hook Early Access This Week Aug 10, 2015, 15:42 Kxmode

Enough with crowdfunding / early access stuff. Just make and finish the game.  

119. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 10, 2015, 14:26 Kxmode

STAR CITIZEN'S CREATOR SAYS HITTING $75 MILLION GOAL IS "LIBERATING"

“I used to have some arguments internally where the head of marketing was like ‘Well, we'll see if we can do 20 [million]’ and I was like, ‘Ahh, there's no way we're doing 20.’ So, it has been pretty awesome.”

Two thoughts here.

1. That was originally the game Star Citizen was going to be. "Star Citizen will improve on Privateer with 100 star systems to explore on launch." (from Kickstarter)
2. "I used to have some arguments internally where the head of marketing was like 'Well, we'll see if we can do 20 [million]'" How many times did a similar argument happen between Chris and Alex... to the point where Alex gave up and "left for personal reasons"?

When Roberts first launched the project in October 2012, he hoped to raise between $2 million to $4 million to bring on angel investors to help fund the game. As the game is successfully raising funds independently, the project is liberated from bringing on private investors, allowing the developer to proceed with the game’s production as it sees fit.

Angel investors fall under what is known as Accredited Investor and they are protected under SEC or securities laws. And as pointed out on this article anything falling under this classification typically has negotiated protections and rights such as

* Voting rights to ensure the company does not take certain actions without the investor's approval; (i.e. creating massive out of scope changes)
* Access to the premises and financial information; (i.e. "Show us the money?! What have you spent it on?")

The fact that Backers are not "officially" and "technically" investors means CIG doesn't have to share financial information and can take certain actions without the investor's approval. Anyone with 86+ million dollars of Backer money and absolutely ZERO state or Federal oversight is a disaster waiting to happen.

When CIG explodes, it's going to be colossal.

118. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 10, 2015, 12:28 Kxmode

dsmart wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 06:11:
Not sure if I posted this earlier, but this is the analysis of the recent post-GC2015 sales spike where, even though there is an increased of about 2479, it's marked as not having an increase in "citizens".

Thanks for sharing that amazing analysis. Is it yours?

107. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 9, 2015, 15:27 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 9, 2015, 14:03:
Squadron 42, despite it supposedly being released this year. It's pretty obvious they're not going to meet that deadline and I think it will be nearer the end of 2016. For me that's not a concern, as I care about the end product, but I can understand people feeling let down or betrayed.

There have been plenty of estimation audits (based on what we know they have) to determine CIG is likely going to be out of money by late 2016. No money, no game. No game... Armageddon for the "Church of Star Citizen". And your prophet Chris Roberts is going to literally live up to his nickname... "Dread Pirate". How does that make YOU feel? Concerned, I hope.

105. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 9, 2015, 15:20 Kxmode

dsmart wrote on Aug 9, 2015, 11:59:
Yes. Many of us have said this time and time again, posted lots of articles about it etc.

And that is precisely why even their own community forums (here is one recent example), Reddit subreddits etc are a cesspool for those people.

Even if the game were, by some miracle, to come out it would be difficult to enjoy it with these people in game. Many of them are emotionally unstable. Many of them brag about having "kill on sight" lists which they advertise to their intended targets. The community has absolutely no tolerance for dissent in any form or fashion. "Attack the messenger, not the message." They will blacklist you into oblivion. I've been part of many video game communities. Star Citizen is the worst. If they won't call themselves "The Church of Star Citizen" I will. And Chris "Dread Pirate" Roberts is this church's leader.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Aug 9, 2015, 15:05 Kxmode

Would rather see a KOTOR 3.  

81. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 8, 2015, 20:37 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 19:08:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 14:43:
There is no game. Just like no one calls 3DMark a video game. An alpha is a complete game with lots of bugs. A beta is a complete game with minimal bugs and near gold status. Star Citizen, as it is today, is probably the most expensive tech demo ever made. Until CIG can finish all the promised basic modules and bring them all together it will always remain a tech demo. If CIG goes bankrupt Star Citizen will forever be a tech demo.
Comparing SC to 3DMark is beyond ridiculous - AC is already playable and SM isn't far off, whereas nothing in 3DMark is playable. It's very clear you're just trolling.

I used 3DMark to make a point; which you failed to grasp. The point is no one calls 3DMark a video game because it's not. It's a benchtesting app. In a similar vein no one should call Star Citizen a video game because at the moment it's a collection of tech demos; yes playable, but tech demos nonetheless. It's not a video game and won't be until all the basic components are brought together.

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 19:08:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 14:26:
They did. Executive producer Alex Mayberry. He was responsive for doing exactly what you said. He was either fired because he wouldn't "go along with teh vision" or he quit because he couldn't control Chris' craziness even though his position gave him the power to do so. Alex was suppose to be the ying to Chris' yang. With him gone Chris is now free to go ape shit on his game and take it down in the fiery blaze of glory.
He left for personal reasons but I'm not surprised that you'd leap to the conspiracy theories. Plenty of people leave developers for various reasons. I mean, one of the co-founders of Valve left during Half-Life 2's development and that game turned out great. You ignore the fact that CIG has taken on many of the creators of the CryEngine and poached people from Blizzard because it doesn't suit your conspiracy theory.
A man who worked at Blizzard for 10 years isn't the kind of person to get a new job and then leave a year later. "Personal reasons" is the PR response people give. The truth would probably cause a clusterfuck to CIG's money supply. Besides Derek said, "I know Alex; and for confidentiality reasons, I can't say anything more than to say, you have NO clue how close you are." He knows Alex; you don't.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Beta Weekend Underway
6. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Beta Weekend Underway Aug 8, 2015, 17:54 Kxmode

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 15:35:
What does Heart of Thorns bring to the game in terms of challenging content?

I can only address the PVE stuff. Don't know anything about the PVP stuff. So based on my time playing

- mobs are slightly more difficult (they hit harder, spawn faster, swarm more, etc)

- After reaching 80 your character levels up through the Mastery system. The primary section is called "Heart of Maguuma". This is an exploration mastery. Access to all of Maguuma Jungle is locked behind "fog of war" mastery skills. You need to learn each level to unlock access to new areas.
- Gliding (6 levels),
- Itzel Lore (6 levels),
- Exalted Lore (6 levels),
- Nohogh Lore (6 levels)

- the starting map, Verdant Brink, is very confusing in terms of layout and difficulty, but over time you "learn" it. It's unlike any other MMO map I played in. Everything is vertical based. Each "level" is only accessible by leveling up various masteries.

Those are some of the highlights.

71. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 8, 2015, 17:39 Kxmode

dsmart wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 16:51:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 14:26:
Kosumo wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 08:16:
[Chris] lack disciple, he is a dreamer (which is fine if there was someone controlling him, which there is not)

They did. Executive producer Alex Mayberry. He was responsive for doing exactly what you said. He was either fired because he wouldn't "go along with teh vision" or he quit because he couldn't control Chris' craziness even though his position gave him the power to do so. Alex was suppose to be the ying to Chris' yang. With him gone Chris is now free to go ape shit on his game and take it down in the fiery blaze of glory.

I know Alex; and for confidentiality reasons, I can't say anything more than to say, you have NO clue how close you are.

I actually do have a clue which is why I wrote what I wrote. You may be privy to the "official" reason(s) why he left, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to put 2 and 2 together. It's pretty obvious why he left. In a word Chris cannot or will not be controlled.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Beta Weekend Underway
1. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Beta Weekend Underway Aug 8, 2015, 14:51 Kxmode

Kind of disappointed. The beta locks you to a small portion of the HOT starting zone and that's it. It's nothing like the beta for GW2 which let you explore MORE land. Oh well, I'm just glad to be able to play it.

64. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 8, 2015, 14:43 Kxmode

Fugazi wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 13:13:
The game is shaping up as I had hoped when I signed up back in 2012.

There is no game. Just like no one calls 3DMark a video game. An alpha is a complete game with lots of bugs. A beta is a complete game with minimal bugs and near gold status. Star Citizen, as it is today, is probably the most expensive tech demo ever made. Until CIG can finish all the promised basic modules and bring them all together it will always remain a tech demo. If CIG goes bankrupt Star Citizen will forever be a tech demo.

63. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 8, 2015, 14:26 Kxmode

Kosumo wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 08:16:
[Chris] lack disciple, he is a dreamer (which is fine if there was someone controlling him, which there is not)

60. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 8, 2015, 14:11 Kxmode

NKD wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 07:48:
Why do you keep going to that sub dude? Trying to reason with the people there is like trying to reason with your cat.

You're right of course. I've unsubscribed from the Subreddit. Out of sight; out of mind.

37. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 8, 2015, 04:28 Kxmode

Amazing level of hatred

Me: Interesting tech demo. So where's the rest of the game?
zecumbe: Being made? Keep hating kid, your tears are Skitties for us!
Me: "Keep hating kid"? Where in the world do you see hate in "Interesting tech demo. So where's the rest of the game"?

9999 Comments. 500 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo