Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 10043 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen
115. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 24, 2015, 22:47 Kxmode

Comet wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 20:17:
But shouldn't people at least look at the facts?

Regarding the 2014 release date. Did they ever assured backers that they would release in 2014? Answer is NO.

I have facts especially to your statement about the 2014 release date and assuring backers they would release by that time...

April 30, 2013, "the game on the low side was going to be about 14 million dollars to make and the high side, which is where we are at now, is going to be about 20 million"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vzlda0-XoY&t=490

May 17, 2013, "I mean it’s going to cost 20 million dollars plus by the time it’s all finished"
https://youtu.be/hYFCfRK4e6Y?t=20m12s

May 17, 2013, "then we’ll go live after the beta which I would anticipate would be sometime in early 2015. But essentially from the end of 2014 you should be able to play the full game but it will just be beta because there will still be things to tweak and balance."
https://youtu.be/hYFCfRK4e6Y?t=24m30s

August 18, 2015, "When we first started, we raised $6 million with crowdfunding," Roberts told me. "That was a lot, but it still wasn’t what we were gonna make the game for because we had private investors lined up. At that point, we were thinking of making a much more contained game."
http://kotaku.com/why-star-citizen-is-taking-so-long-1724835913

I have more facts if you need them...

Actually just watch the entire interview starting here
https://youtu.be/hYFCfRK4e6Y?t=24m30s

Not only does say how much he needs total, $20 million, but he lays out a VERY detailed timeline and a hard release date for beta.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

106. Re: What We Have Here Is A Failure To Communicate Aug 24, 2015, 19:34 Kxmode

Scheherazade wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 19:25:
Short of med school or law school, formal education is not job preparation.
There's a false dichotomy when it comes to : Qualified? Education or no education.

Hell, the best EE I know is self taught, and runs circles around any doctor I've met (he's so fast in Altium he looks like a Korean SC player. I shit you not.).
Best programmer I know, knew more in high school than most sr. programmers I know nowadays.
Best telecom guy I know never went to college.
Hell, I can make you a team of A+ engineers (with hardly a degree between them) that could do any program you throw at them, better than most major contractors.

I've also worked with people with high degrees that say some shit that made me wonder how they dress themselves.

I'm too old to assume I know anyone's competence based on a piece of paper. Seem too much shit over the years.

As per Sandi, I have no evidence that she's done bad or good at her job. All I know is that when the project was half a dozen people, she was one of them, and was hells hands on back then.

-scheherazade

You're right. I wouldn't want to pass judgement on anyone. Maybe Sandi changed careers and focused on marketing; I don't know. I don't have any evidence.

103. Re: What We Have Here Is A Failure To Communicate Aug 24, 2015, 19:13 Kxmode

Scheherazade wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 19:03:
Drayth wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 19:00:
Scheherazade wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 18:55:

Eg. The 'at the beach' clip is some friend of Sandi, referring to Sandi by a nick name, and standing around on the beach and making fun of other people on the beach (re. dress/hair style/etc).

That was actually a clip from a movie she did. The nickname was her character's name. It's on IMDB even.

Thanks for clarifying.

Again, what does this have to do with SC or 'evidence' of anything SC related?

-scheherazade

She's an actress, not the vice president of marketing. A vice president of anything has to spend years, decades even, in said discipline to obtain such a position. When you look at her IMDB record you can see from 1999 to 2009 she acted. "What does this have to do with SC or 'evidence' of anything SC related?" Is goes to one of the points Derek was trying to make in his articles about nepotism. She was given a high paid position for which she wasn't qualified to handle. Worse, the marketing work is actually handled by underlings who are paid much less. There's a promise to the investors that all money be taken care of in a respectful manner. What does it say when someone unqualified to hold the position is taking likely a sizable salary instead of someone qualified to be the VP of Marketing?

All that aside. I will say that Sandi was VERY professional when working with me. I can confirmed she worked directly with me to give me my refund. She was very hands on and I thought she was very nice. She would make an awesome VP of Customer Service. That I believe she is very much qualified for.

This comment was edited on Aug 24, 2015, 19:27.

95. Re: What We Have Here Is A Failure To Communicate Aug 24, 2015, 18:39 Kxmode

Hanneth wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 17:48:
Do I think Chris Roberts has lied? No. He's a developer and under estimates the work. Sometimes gets ideas that don't pan out. There have been times he wanted to rework things to make them better. He is enthusiastic about the project and wants to make The Best Damn Space Game.

There's a HUGE difference between making estimates and concrete statements. Most developers when asked specifics will reply, "I can't really talk about that" or "We'll have to wait and see". I have video and written evidence showing Chris making definitive statements about total money needed, timelines, and deliverables in early 2013. Why do you think CIG is scrubbing the Interwebs in light of Derek's article? All of that stuff is admissible in a court of law as evidence.

70. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 24, 2015, 15:54 Kxmode

Phasenoise wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 15:43:
I stand corrected, you're right. I was guilty of doing the automatic purple->violet translation.

Me too! It's just easier to remember purple instead of violet.

63. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 24, 2015, 14:46 Kxmode

Scheherazade wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 14:27:
Distinction being physical reality vs human/perceived reality.
-scheherazade

Kind of like Star Citizen's delivery timeline.

60. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 24, 2015, 14:43 Kxmode

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 14:00:
A class-action lawsuit will require... a *class* of other plaintiffs who can show damages.

A lot of comments this morning seem to be missing that, and are running on the assumption that Smart will be suing them personally. No, he's organizing a class action, of which he does not have to be a part. So it doesn't matter if his money has been refunded, he can and probably will still be bringing suit against them.

In the Polygon article Chris never says how many applied for a refund and were denied. He only said how many received one. You can bet those who were denied will probably want to be part of the lawsuit... especially if a few of those are in 5-digit range. Derek mentioned one person had about $16,000 invested in Star Citizen. No doubt this person would be one of those... if he hasn't already received a refund.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2015, 14:00 Kxmode

Blue wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 13:50:
That said, we drove to the city last night, found a very small spot, and I nailed it like a pro first try.

Did you try it blindfold? Cowboy

39. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 24, 2015, 12:52 Kxmode

Tigger wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 12:49:
That's a great point nin. Reporting on Derek being narcissistic would be like reporting that the sky had suddenly turned blue.

Actually the sky is purple. Smart

24. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2015, 12:32 Kxmode

nin wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 11:41:
I counted 7 games. Do a search for "amazon banned account". Or don't, and see what happens...

I wanted a refund for Assassin's Creed Rogue but it was part of a group purchase. Valve didn't let me refund just one game. I had to request a refund for the entire purchase. I don't believe Steam sees 7 games; they see 1 purchase. While I requested a refund for 3 purchases I only got a refund for 1.

So technically I only got 1 refund out of HUNDREDS of purchases. I'm not a villain.

News Comments > Mad Max Commercial
4. Re: Mad Max Commercial Aug 24, 2015, 12:13 Kxmode

InBlack wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 09:48:
I have changed my opinion about the new Mad Max. Its a good movie up to the halfway point, and then it's downhill all the way to the ending. (With maybe a few high points). Tom Hardy is a compelling Max until he stops acting like Max. Which happens early on and makes no sense. I guess this is what happens when you decide to watch Mad Max & Road Warrior so soon after watching Fury Road. No contest really...

Unfortunately George Miller didn't want to cast Gibson for two reasons.

1. His age. He stated in an interview he wanted to keep Mad Max young. However you can tell from Fury Road he always meant the role for Mel Gibson given how "neutered" his character was and how much of a back seat he took to Imperator Furiosa. Both of those two aspects of the film would have played into Mel's age perfectly.

2. Gibson has been blacklisted by Hollywood for his antisemitic comments. It's so bad for him that his friend Robert Downey Jr. appealed to them to show forgiveness. They clapped and cheered, but nothing happened. That was 4 years ago.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2015, 11:35 Kxmode

nin wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 11:22:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 11:06:
nin wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 08:45:
Yeah, I would expect his account to get banned if he keeps that up.

Had the account for over 10 years and probably several thousand dollars worth of games purchased. First time I used their refund system. Somehow I'm evil for using it.

If you keep that up, I would expect them to eventually step in.

Why would they step in? I only requested a refund for 3 purchases. Middle-earth is 1 purchase, Cities: Skylines is 1 purchase, and the Assassin's Creeds is 1 purchase. Steam isn't going to ban my account for requesting a refund on 3 purchases especially when my account is in a good standing (not banned from anything) and I've made hundreds of purchases over 10 years. I'm a good customer. Why would they want to lose me?

16. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 24, 2015, 11:08 Kxmode

DEREK SMART,
DEREK SMART,
DEREK SMART...

Any chance you can create a 1-2 paragraph summary?

19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2015, 11:06 Kxmode

nin wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 08:45:
Yeah, I would expect his account to get banned if he keeps that up.

Had the account for over 10 years and probably several thousand dollars worth of games purchased. First time I used their refund system. Somehow I'm evil for using it.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2015, 10:13 Kxmode

Kosumo wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 03:51:
Kxmode, I think you should really start to think twice before you spend money, sounds like you don't even think what you are doing and you just press buy.

It's no wonder that you just about spent a grand on Star Citizen.

You keep using the refund system like that and I would not be amazed to see them just flat out refuse you all refund if not to just decided not to do busness with you any more.

So I clearly struck a nerve with you. So which game did I offend this time? Shadows of Mordor perhaps? Or was it Cities: Skylines? No, wait, I know... had to be Assassin's Creed. Yeah that's it wasn't it?

P.S. This is the first time I used Steam's refund. I had this account for over 10 years. Probably bought more than $1,000 worth of games on Steam. You shouldn't assume that I'm some sort of Refund Freak. I saw an opportunity to get a refund and took it.

12. Re: Steam Aug 24, 2015, 03:32 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 03:15:
@Kxmode. Did I miss something? I thought the refund was 2 weeks not 6 months?

Yeah it's two weeks. My mistake. Well here's to hoping Steam refunds them.

Edit: checked my email. The only game they refunded was Shadows of Morderp. I guess I'll just toss all those Ass Creeds and Cities: Skyline into the never going to play basket.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
32. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 24, 2015, 02:01 Kxmode

Rigs wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 15:28:
Freakin' ARK...so many Let's Play's by 10 year olds on YT, as bad as Minecraft! No doubt it's gotten a rep because you can play with your own poop, 10 year old boys LOVE that shit (pun intended-sorta)...

I can't get the damn thing to run decent. I have it on it's lowest settings and like half rez and it still runs like crap on my 7850. Don't know why. Seems to have the same texture streaming issues that FarCry4, Dying Light and Arkham Knight have/had. You don't put it on an SSD, have fun watching your hard drive light drone on for 10 mins at a time just to move your perspective...I must be missing something...

Visit http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri and select Ark. That will tell you what's up. If any of your hardware is lacking it will give you advice on what to upgrade.

9. Steam Aug 24, 2015, 01:38 Kxmode

Taking advantage of Steam's refund policy on the following purchases:

Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed II - Deluxe CD Key
Assassin's Creed 2 - Mac
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Standard Key
Assassin's Creed 3 Standard Edition
Assassin's Creed® III
Assassin's Creed III - Standard Edition Key
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Standard Edition
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag - Standard Edition Activation Key
Assassin's Creed - Rogue
Assassin's Creed Rogue

$63.45 Total. Mostly because of the UPlay bullshit. Because of it Ubisoft lost a $63 sale. How's that DRM working for you now, Ubitch? If I was an investor I would tell them stop using DRM shit and use content delivery platforms like Steam and GOG Galaxy. DRM is old, outdated, and lambasted by developers and consumers alike. It's time publishers get rid of DRM forever. Nobody likes it!

Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
Cities: Skylines
Cities: Skylines - Deluxe Pack
Cities: Skylines - Soundtrack
Cities: Skylines - The Architecture Artbook

$26.79 Total. An hour of gameplay told me I am no longer a fan of SimCity-styled games. I just can't get into them anymore.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Captain of the Watch Character Skin
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - The Dark Ranger Character Skin
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Test of Power
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Hidden Blade Rune
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Deadly Archer Rune
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Flame of Anor Rune
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Orc Slayer Rune
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Rising Storm Rune
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Lord of the Hunt
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Test of Speed
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Test of Wisdom
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Endless Challenge
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Berserks Warband
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Blood Hunters Warband
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Skull Crushers Warband
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Guardians of the Flaming Eye
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Flesh Burners Warband
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Bright Lord
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Season Pass
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Power of Shadow

$24.99 total. I don't know why I bought this game but the 0.0 hours played reminded me to get a refund.

I have other games that I haven't played that I would like to refund, unfortunately I bought them way past the 6 month cut off period. Still, A total refund of $115.53 is better than nothing.

This comment was edited on Aug 24, 2015, 02:05.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Aug 23, 2015, 22:18 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 06:46:
I think it was "Save 25% on the RSI Hornet, all models. Hurry, limited quantities!"

KXMode, you in?

http://i.imgur.com/L3hHdXU.gif

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2015, 22:23.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2015, 13:48 Kxmode

KS wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 11:21:
> People are Naming Babies After Anakin Skywalker

Yeah!

Hitler Jones
Whiney Fucking Teenager Johnson
Yes The Younglings Too Smith

Better than hippy names.

Sunflower Sunshine Rose Pedal
Puffy Cloud Strawberry
Zen Hope Laughing Brook

10043 Comments. 503 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo