Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Here's my full communication with CIG requesting a refund. http://pastebin.com/mSM29KZs This contains eye opening evidence.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 10010 (Ninja)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam
44. Re: Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam Sep 1, 2015, 16:23 Kxmode

Krovven wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 16:17:
Grokk wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 11:32:
Mad Max is listed at $59.99 USD on steam for me (AU). Is it the same price for the US?

That's all? In CDN it's $66.49. Goes to show that Steam's pricing system isn't actually accurate to the value of the current dollar. CDN dollar is worth slightly more than the AUS dollar...yet our price at least on this is higher.

FOREX market: $1 USD = $1.32 CDN

$59.99 USD = $78.89 CDN

At $66.49 CDN you're getting an automatic 15% off. No coupon needed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Torchlight Burns Out Runic
19. Re: Torchlight Burns Out Runic Sep 1, 2015, 13:28 Kxmode

Moog wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 09:50:
I thought they were working on a Torchlight MMO?

There's a Torchlight MMO called Drakensang Online. Very fun game. I call it a guilty pleasure given its aggressive cash shop.

19. Re: Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam Sep 1, 2015, 13:00 Kxmode

harlock wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 12:51:
Like Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor and the latter Batman: Arkham games, Mad Max sees Warner Bros funnelling its cinematic property through the open-world template as established by Ubisoft's catalogue: a vast, hostile map being slowly conquered through the capture of camps and the destruction of watch towers. Hot air balloons take the place of Assassin's Creed's viewpoints, the wide vista you acquire marking out hotspots in each region, while Strongholds can be reinforced and fitted with supply units that help keep you stocked up as you work your way through the wastelands to your final mark. In the creeks and crevices of the plains of silence, there's endless busywork to be found.

hrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm not jaded by the comparisons because I haven't played most of the Assassin's Creed and Batman games. So I'm playing it from a fresh perspective. And I have to say for me it's very fun! Really like RAMMING into parked cars. And I was happy to see that I can jack rides. Basically if you harpoon and pull a driver out of their car you can take their ride with very little damage. Can't wait to carjack those bigger vehicles. Actually I hope later in the game I can have Chump drive the Opus while I jump onto another car and take out their driver.

16. Re: Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam Sep 1, 2015, 12:35 Kxmode

I really enjoy this game!

My only two complaints.

1. As a PC gamer I'm used to being able to save and load whenever I feel like. It's very "console" like in that I can only save when I reach a milestone, and load when I die. A couple of times I made a mistake and purposely ran off a cliff so I could load.

2. The Ripper preorder. For some reason I was under the impression that this body would be available early in the game like at the Graveyard where you pick a car body. I haven't seen it yet and there appears to be no clue as to how to get this body. Really bummed that my preorder bonus isn't available.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
9. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Aug 31, 2015, 23:16 Kxmode

Mad Max U.S. digital release in 45 minutes! Smash  

News Comments > MGS5: The Phantom Pain Disc Requires Game Download?
12. Re: MGS5: The Phantom Pain Disc Requires Game Download? Aug 31, 2015, 23:14 Kxmode

Now we know what The Phantom Pain is.

News Comments > Star Citizen Social Module Released
113. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 31, 2015, 18:45 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 17:36:
You accused me of acting 'cult-like' and have trolled every SC topic. To claim that you were extending 'an olive branch of friendship' is patently disingenuous and frankly insulting. I've been more than reasonable but I've had it with your douchebaggery. Congratulations, you've managed to make Mr Desktop Commander look reasonable and mature.

Okay I've been holding back but now I think it's time to fuck up your shit. You really have it coming. http://i.imgur.com/HGAvFVZ.gif Your move Kool-Aid Drinker.

Popcorn

107. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 31, 2015, 17:29 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 16:34:
Did they promise 100 different hubs? Or just 100 hubs? If the latter, they can make 5 of them and just copy-pasta 20 times.

They promised 100 systems at launch. Each system can have different planets. And each planet can have multiple landing sites. The math adds up quickly.

102. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 31, 2015, 15:57 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 15:36:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 15:15:
We're discussing the merits of Star Citizen's social module using language that isn't cult-like in nature. You're more than welcome to continue putting in your points as a White Knight backer. Unlike the RSI forums and the Star Citizen reddit everyone is open to express their viewpoints.
There's a difference between expressing your opinion and trolling - your posts clearly fall under the latter. Really, your posts are just embarrassing.

This is the typical White Knight response. I extend an olive branch of friendship and peace by letting you and others know that everyone is welcome to discuss Star Citizen, and you punch me in the face.

#WhiteKnightDouchery

95. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 31, 2015, 15:15 Kxmode

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 14:35:
PS - It's no surprise to see the usual trolls in this topic.

We're discussing the merits of Star Citizen's social module using language that isn't cult-like in nature. You're more than welcome to continue putting in your points as a White Knight backer. Unlike the RSI forums and the Star Citizen reddit everyone is open to express their viewpoints.

#BlackKnightsMatter

78. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 31, 2015, 12:24 Kxmode

Dagnamit wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 08:23:
Drayth wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 17:38:
25 in and the comments section is already out doing it's usual self.

I'm going to start referring to the commenters as SCJWs, Star Citizen Justice Warriors, because this game is obviously a rip-off and there's no debating it so shut up.

In contrast to White Knights we're called Black Knights.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in October
31. Re: Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in October Aug 31, 2015, 03:59 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 13:00:
What is your point comparing bundled old games/expansions (each of those did not include all the other expansions or the base game when they were sold separately!) to a single new expansion including the base game (for free)? I don't get it, sorry.

You never have to pay more than $50 to play the current game. That's the point.

50. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 31, 2015, 03:51 Kxmode

Drayth wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 02:23:
Well, I was commenting on the non-S.C. comments.. but ok..?

Every comment IS about Star Citizen.

46. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 31, 2015, 01:31 Kxmode

Looks like a colossal failure. ANYHOW, Mad Max comes out Monday! Have it downloaded and ready to play. Vroom vroom!  

45. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 31, 2015, 01:30 Kxmode

Drayth wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 17:38:
25 in and the comments section is already out doing it's usual self.

As opposed to the RSI forums and Star Citizen Reddit going apeshit crazy over the "immershun" and "fidelatay"?

44. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 31, 2015, 01:17 Kxmode

El Pit wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 13:58:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 13:51:
Popcorn

We're gonna need LOTS of it! LOTS, I TELLYA! ;)

Is this enough?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q23e02p0vss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRjrtjvfN9A (and of course the music!)

Popcorn

43. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 31, 2015, 01:15 Kxmode

Remember when Star Citizen was pitched as a nextgen Wing Commander? Yeah, those were the days.  

26. Re: Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in October Aug 30, 2015, 12:46 Kxmode

Here's some perspective.

On Steam...
- Guild Wars Trilogy (Prophecies, Factions, and Nightfall)... $29.99
- Guild Wars: Eye of the North ... $19.99
Total price $50.00

versus

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns (standard edition)... $50.00

Always $50. Even Guild Wars 2 was $50.

16. Re: Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in October Aug 29, 2015, 23:54 Kxmode

OpticNerve wrote on Aug 29, 2015, 23:37:
For those of you who have been in the Heart of Thorns beta, I have a question: Do you think it will be worth the $50 price tag?

The price tag seems to indicate that it'll have a lot of content and I was sort of thinking about hopping back into GW2 once the expansion arrives. But given how many games that I still have yet to play or finish on my Steam backlog, I'm going back and forth on the idea of getting it.

I played the Beta. Unlike the Guild Wars beta this one is restricted to just a small area of one map so I can't tell how many maps or how large they are. It seems the beta is mainly to test out all the new class changes including the new Rev class. I personally preordered the Deluxe edition because I really enjoy the story. Been a fan of the story since Guild Wars 1. So I want to see where the HOT story goes.

I hope that helps answer your question.

13. Re: Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in October Aug 29, 2015, 21:26 Kxmode

JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 29, 2015, 21:08:
Bah!!!

This pisses me off. I paid $50 to preorder so I can start playing the base game, and then 24 hours later I read that it is going FTP. I am half tempted to call my CC and reverse the transaction.

Only the core game, Guild Wars 2, is free and it comes with restrictions to protect the existing community from gold farmer and spammers. All of those restrictions are removed when someone buys the expansion. As far as Arenanet is concern HOT is the new core. Meanwhile anyone can play core with absolutely no pricing barriers. I think it's an awesome move.

A nice contrast to Blizzard who still requires purchasing the core and multiple expansions, and then Warlords of Draenor to play the current WOW.

By the way, go ahead and cancel your preorder and play the core game. If you like it then preorder HOT. I think you'll like it.

10010 Comments. 501 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo