Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kxmode
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 24, 2003, 23:48
Total Comments 9647 (Guru)
User ID 18786

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
138. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 16, 2012, 12:33 Kxmode

best possible experience = EA control  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: How cool is that? Jan 13, 2012, 14:31 Kxmode

nin wrote on Jan 13, 2012, 14:29:
Ya broke your avatar, Modie.

iknowright?

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: How cool is that? Jan 13, 2012, 14:28 Kxmode

PHJF wrote on Jan 13, 2012, 12:14:
Having been slightly too young to be an Ultima person, would it be reasonable to attempt Ultima VII, or is it simply too old?

I would say the Google map makes the experience a little more modern.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: How cool is that? Jan 13, 2012, 13:17 Kxmode

Kajetan wrote on Jan 13, 2012, 11:29:
Coolness factor: 9000!!

Thanks!

News Comments > World of Warplanes Website
5. Re: World of Warplanes Website Aug 8, 2011, 23:08 Kxmode

Keyboard Formation! Play them off Death Wing!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2011, 12:44 Kxmode

Has anyone played Galaxiae? It's former shareware but now a free game. It looks like Elite mixed with some sort of RTS.  

News Comments > On Risen 2 DRM
52. Re: On Risen 2 DRM Jul 27, 2011, 01:47 Kxmode

Risen 2: The Rise of Risen

I could keep going all night...

News Comments > EA Financials
7. Re: EA Financials Jul 27, 2011, 01:44 Kxmode

Electronic Arts issues their promised Q1 2012 fiscal results, showing a smaller loss for the period than the company had projected based thanks to digital distribution and strong sales of Valve's Portal 2.

Wait. Back up. When did EA acquire Valve? Did I miss this? I thought Valve was independent?

entr0py writes: They published the boxed edition.

That explains it.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer
28. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer Jul 26, 2011, 11:38 Kxmode

Acleacius wrote on Jul 26, 2011, 02:45:
finga wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 23:07:
Acleacius wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 21:01:
Don't see how they will be able to explain a buggy, incomplete or poor port for the PC, with all this cash and man hours going to these extremely expensive pr videos.

So it must be perfect.
People like you are not this publisher's top priority. Actually, most publishers don't consider you a top priority.
I'm just glad the video industry has you to speak for it. I know the world is a little better off with you talking and thinking for it. As a matter of fact, we're all just glad you can speak and type.

Oh come now. There's no need to fight with words. You two should hug it out. Go on, hug. Do it... for science! Hug

22. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer Jul 25, 2011, 23:12 Kxmode

A51Abductee wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 20:38:
Thx, just checked them out... electro is a much better fit really. My mind envisions simple, harsh music with electronic and occasional organic elements, competing in tension like augmentations vs. "purity" in the human body.

"Seduction Of Canned Laughter" did have analog and digital elements. Nevertheless... "electronic and occasional organic elements, competing in tension like augmentations vs. 'purity' in the human body." Hmmm... how about these?

Hybrid - Empire (Orchestral Edit) My top choice! Perfect theme for Sarif Industries
Architect - The Shadow of Eve
Trentemøller - Evil Dub

Noteworthy
Elite Force - You
Architect - Wachsmut

16. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer Jul 25, 2011, 20:13 Kxmode

verrul wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 19:50:
we know how the borg evolved mostly it was an merger between a human and the voyager probe.

There's too many rumors or conflicting ideas but none of them are official. A film or television series by Paramount would pretty much make whatever origin they decide on canon.

This comment was edited on Jul 25, 2011, 20:28.

15. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer Jul 25, 2011, 20:00 Kxmode

A51Abductee wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 18:13:
Great clip.. the music they used is a bit weak though. Doesn't seem to fit the message or the "universe" IMHO.

For your consideration I recommend "Seduction Of Canned Laughter" by Teargas & Plateglass or "Light #1" by Nosaj Thing. In your mind overlap the music with the video. I'm too lazy to do it with Vegas. Besides I don't want those augmented Eidos lawyers to rip me a new hole... cause you know they will. o_o

@MajorD - No problem! While watching the video the Borg origins was the first thing that came to mind. It would interesting if a movie was made to tell the story of the "humble" beginnings of the Borg and how they evolved. Or perhaps Paramount could create a off-shoot television series. Perhaps the title could be Star Trek Origins: Borg. I know this did not work well for X-men Origins: Wolverine but it might work well for Star Trek. We know very little about the Borg and yet they're in the top 10 of favorite Trek villains AND Sci-fi villains in general. We know more about the Ferengi than the Borg. Anyhow I thought it would be cool to explore the Borg's past before they became an unstoppable Juggernaut.

This comment was edited on Jul 25, 2011, 20:27.

8. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer Jul 25, 2011, 18:02 Kxmode

"Human! We used to be exactly like them. Flawed. Weak. Organic. But we evolved to include the synthetic. Now we use both to attain perfection." - Borg Queen; First Contact.

If there was ever a story to show how Borg evolved DX3 would probably be the best blurb of their collective history. In the end an organic resistance was futile to their synthetic future.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2011, 11:52 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Jul 3, 2011, 03:22:
Ahh my hand is killin me.

Good thing you decided to add more detail.

8. Netflix Jul 2, 2011, 23:16 Kxmode

I don't know if anyone knew this but I just saw this today. Netflix has the entire series of Enterprise (HD), TOS (HD), TNG and Voyager available for streaming. I think it's only a matter of time before Deep Space Nine is added. I hope they eventually make TNG, Voyager and DS9 HD streams too. I liked Netflix in the past, but with this they are now officially the coolest service EVER!  

News Comments > PopCap in Play for $1B?
4. Re: PopCap in Play for $1B? Jun 23, 2011, 12:04 Kxmode

As they prepared to sell their business they discovered preparations "A" through "G" were complete failures. However "H" looks like it'll be a winning success. Preparation "H" sounds good on the whole.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Demo Today
22. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Today Jun 21, 2011, 17:41 Kxmode

CythrawL wrote on Jun 21, 2011, 12:55:
This goes true for a lot of the older games.. Some need re-mastering as it were.

Quake 1 looks like its going to be (although that Doom 3 mod Shamblers Castle is amazing). But others like Tie Fighter, Hexen, SOF 1&2, POD, and many others would really benefit from a remaster (Note: not Reboot). Some of those older classic games are hard to get running on a modern system these days, and when you do you wish they would look better even though the gameplay is still totally solid.

The gaming industry loves to copy Hollywood and visa versa. I think it's only a matter of time before they try to reboot some of their older classics. This message goes out to all developers considering the move. Please, please leave the gameplay as-is. All we want is updated graphics and music. Please do what LucasArts did for their Monkey Island reboots. I guarantee you will win a whole new generation of gamers with minimal development costs.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2011, 03:24 Kxmode

Sepharo wrote on Jun 21, 2011, 01:46:
Your house is in 2D and it sucks

To quote Monty Python... "It got better."

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/5056/housewithcatacombsv2.png

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2011, 01:23 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 20, 2011, 16:20:
Is that a map of a "large" world?

Yup. The height is always the same, the only difference between small, medium, and large is the width.

Here's my house complete with catacombs!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2011, 14:04 Kxmode

Apparently you can create a map of your Terry world. This is the size of a typical Terry-generated world. I wish there was a way to generate a map without revealing the entire world. I want to explode and discover this for myself.

I thought the world was large but this is just MASSIVE!

9647 Comments. 483 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo