Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for James Webb

Real Name James Webb   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname James Webb
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 59989315
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 22, 2003, 05:10
Total Comments 12 (Suspect)
User ID 18747

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Preloads Steam Ahead
22. HL2 September 2nd? Aug 27, 2004, 00:11 James Webb

I doubt it'll be released September 2nd, but I was just at EB two days ago and preordered my copy, and they had the release date down as September 2nd. I told the guy at the desk I doubt it'll be released then, but I still wanted to preorder it, and he said, as soon as we get them in, we'll call you. With that in mind, and this post about them preloading, it's got to be released in September some time...can't wait.

BTW, got Doom 3, played the first level, and haven't played any since...it hasn't compelled me to. It's o.k., but definitely not ground breaking like I predict HL2 will be.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Win98 DOOM 3
74. No subject Jul 28, 2004, 01:15 James Webb

LOcky, pleast tick the appropriate box...

A)I'm a moron
B)I'm an idiot
C)I have no clue as to really how to tweak my PC so it doesn't crash.
D)I'm a moronic idiot
E)Just because something has happened to me, means it's happened to others...right?
F)Someday I'll finally know how to build a stable PC of my own and not rely on Microsoft or any other company for that matter to do it for me...until then, I'll have to live with the crashes.
G)All of the Above.

Lets see, let me help you out...hmmm, I think you pick...G

61. What a Moron... Jul 28, 2004, 00:20 James Webb

No Dark I don't...you must need to learn to use a PC properly so you don't have to reboot because of a BSoD.

I'll also state some cool trivia about myself...Never have I ever ran any Anti Virus protection and I've never ever gotten a virus in all my years of computing...that's simply because I know how to play the game...simple really, if you know how to play. Am I lucky, probably so, but that's o.k. with me...maybe my luck will run out someday, maybe it won't.

59. It's not a matter of which is best Jul 28, 2004, 00:09 James Webb

O.k., lets get some things straight...Win98 is not crap ware, and Win XP isn't crap ware.

You all are something else...to me, Win 98 has it's goods and bads and so does XP. As for the Blue Screen of Death that you all talk about...well, without insult to you all, I'll simply say, I've never had one in the whole 6 years of running Win 98, and that is the truth.

I hold onto Win98 because I can play games going back to pre 1996 on it...you can get very little games prior to that year to work on XP...heck, it's hard enough (with work arounds it's possible though) to get any games prior to 1998 to work on XP.

Saying Win98 is a piece of crap and you need to get rid of it...well, that's just simply absurd. That's like saying, "You're Atari is crapware, get rid of that stupid thing, you moron." My Atari still holds a place in my heart and so do several games that I still play on it.

I'm not saying for those that have Win98 not to upgrade, on the contrary...but hold on to it if you are a legendary gamer like myself and enjoy games from your youth upward.

Also...if you do not have the funds to upgrade right away, be patient...Thief 3 was not supported for Win98, but within about a months time of release, an amateur programmer came up with the solution and I ran it under Win98 with better performance than those on WinXP...eat that XP fanboys...and unsupported OS ran it better than a supported OS. I'm not bias to either OS, but I thought that was a shame, that a game would run better and have less bugs on an unsupported OS than a supported one...so for those of you that are STUCK with Win98, wait til someone finds the workaround...it'll run on Win98, eventually.

14. Smarten up people...Read more. Jul 27, 2004, 21:47 James Webb

It never ceases to amaze me when you people posts on these boards with no clue some times. Now, I'm not attacking anyone, I'm simply stating how it amazes me...the cluelessness of the people on this board.

Win98 cannot be supported...*Drum Roll*...because it is no longer supported by Microsoft. Look for this as a trend in nearly every game being released. Thief 3 was the first major title to do this. But wait...hold on...I'll use all caps for this, in hopes of somebody actually reading and getting a little education out of it.

THIEF 3 WAS NEVER SUPPORTED OUT OF THE BOX FOR WIN98...THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT WON'T RUN UNDER WIN98, BECAUSE IT WILL...AND IT RUNS BETTER UNDER WIN98 THAN XP, HMMM, IMAGINE THAT. I RAN THIEF 3 UNDER WIN98 AND NEVER HAD A HICCUP ONE, WITH BETTER FPS, AND NO GRAPHICAL OR SOUND ISSUES, WHILE OTHERS RAN WITH XP AS WELL WERE FINDING OUT HOW IT RAN...THEY ALSO BECAME CONVERTS.

SO, JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE SAYING IT WON'T RUN UNDER WIN98, I WOULDN'T HOLD MY BREATH ON THIS...SOMEBODY, JUST LIKE WHAT HAPPENED IN THE THIEF COMMUNITY, WILL FIND A WORKAROUND.

Also, for those of you dimwits who claim XP is the shiznit...you have no clue as to why a TRUE gamer would still be playing on Win98, or at least have a dual boot system with Win98 and XP. So, I'm going to edumacate you on this issue...XP won't allow you to run the classics, and Win98 is also your last OS connected to a DOS shell...sure, we now have emulators, but they run like crap.

News Comments > On DOOM 3 Settings
80. Beyond Good and Evil Jul 26, 2004, 20:58 James Webb

Ray,

When you play BG&E, think Epic...like an Epic movie. I was engrossed and drawn in in the first 5 minutes. It's my sleeper hit of the past year that nobody bought...excellent game indeed.

News Comments > MMO Fallout?
27. Interplay's not completely broke ya know Jun 26, 2004, 00:41 James Webb

Chino,

Let me chime in with the first refute Nah, I'm joking...sorta.

Interplay isn't completely broke, they can sell their properties to recoup money to pay off their debt. Is their debt more than what they can recoup? Probably so, but nothing's impossible. I can't stand ol' Mr. Caen as much as you all, I'm pretty disgusted with him, but from a business point of view, I wouldn't place all the blame on him...their are others involved, trust me.

I'm not saying Interplay will release a game, or even if they do that it'll be good, but I'm also not ruling out anything, because as I stated earlier, and as someone else stated, finding some dummy to invest in a bankrupt company isn't hard these days. So, can Caen pull it together? I doubt it, but not I'm also not going to say, "He'll never do it", because sometimes never comes back to stick you. On the same note, I'm not hoping he will or won't, but I stand a neutral ground, and am simply looking at this from a business standpoint, and yes, he could pull it off.

Also, keep in the back of your minds, this...Titus, Caen's other company, that is the parent company to Interplay filed for bankruptcy the other day as well, I didn't know if you all knew this or not.

My opinion on the MMO...he's going to need alot of overhead up front to get the network up and running, I don't hold out much hope for this either.

News Comments > MMO Fallout?
4. Business, that's how. Jun 25, 2004, 20:16 James Webb

You guys need to understand what Interplay does have. They don't have any money, that's for sure, but they have INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. They probably sold, or are in the process of selling some of their games/franchises/intellectula property off to other publishers for several million dollars. This is the short term goals he is referring to...securing funding. He might even get some poor dote to invest millions into his company in hopes of returning it when the games that Interplay does make...bank. Business, that's how he is able to do this. Think of it like Monopoly, the game. You're running low on money, so you seel some of your estates.

News Comments > Game Movies
8. Wake up and smell the coffee Jun 12, 2004, 22:49 James Webb

Frijoles, you wrote,
"What in the video looked different? The video was nothing more than "go in there and kill everything that moves." I saw nothing about character development. There was indeed an NPC that helped the player. OMG!!! No wait, I've played many games that had helpful NPCs. Wait, it had a story, too! erm.. oh yeah, Deus Ex 2 had a story, didn't it?

I'm not saying this game won't be fun. Yeah, it looked original, and the clip with the little girl was very cool. But the video just showed mindless killing. Thanks, but I'll wait to see the game."

There was alot that looked different...hmm, lets go for the obvious, upfront...the bullet time kicks. Sure, bullet time is old, but actual body parts flailing/kicking, while also having body awareness (i.e. you can see your body parts do this) is new...the smoke effects from the shotgun (you know, the little clouds of gun powder slowly settling in the air).

As for your statement about mindless killing...you must be a stupid moron...every FPS is mindless killing...tell me, what game isn't...hence, the FPS, First Person SHOOTER. Idiot.

Character development is a trade mark of Monolith, but let me guess, you never played the NOLF series, did you? You probably never played Tron 2.0 either, did you. Monolith is synonymous with character development, as well as character building. In the videos you could see subtle hints of character development by what the other npc's said about you.

You also said, "I'll wait to see the game." You just did moron...aren't we sitting here talking about the game videos that we just saw.

It's people like you that don't know what they're talking about that makes the game industry sway the wrong way, and produce more crap for us.

News Comments > Game Movies
3. You guys are nuts! Jun 11, 2004, 22:22 James Webb

F.E.A.R. is more than some mindless FPS, it looks to have story/plot, character development with NPC's as well as yourself, original property (not another dumb sequel), and dare I say "Atmosphere"...I swear, the people on these boards at time are so stupid...you all would feed some stupid cash cow that's pumping you another dumbed down sequel than to give an original property that's got alot to it a chance.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
97. No subject Sep 22, 2003, 22:46 James Webb

I'll address several points in one post here.

First off, if I offended you, sorry, again, read the bottom of my post, take it up with God. If God's word, scripture, offends you, take it up with him.

Second, I'm judging nobody. I simply offered the words of the Bible, and how God tells you to get to Heaven. If you call that Judging, then take it up with God, because he will Judge you when your time comes. I simply relayed his message.

Thirdly, Yes, if you are not saved, you are going to Hell. Someone said that we're not for sure where we're going, the Bible states it clearly...again, refer back to my previous post for scripture.

Fourthly, I am not shoving anything down anyones throat. I did what the Bible instructs all Christians to do, "Go out unto the highways and hedges and compell them to come in" spread the word of God. It's your choice to accept, or to reject Christ.

Fifthly, I am not a hypocrite. If you are basing that off reading these boards, then you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Sixthly, for the gentleman who says he doesn't tell anyone he's a Christian, I have only one question for you...Are you ashamed of something?

Seventhly, someone mentioned this wasn't the proper time. But on the contrare, Blue has lost his mother, and if he and his family have been following a false doctrine, then it is my duty as a Christian to share the truth with him and his family, just as well as anyone here on this board.

Eighthly, true, God does deal with individuals hearts, but it's still our duty as a Christian to spread the gospel so that that Muslim who hasn't heard of Jesus does hear of him. And if that same Muslim rejects Christ, that's his/her choice, but at least I did what God would have me do.

There are other things that were said, some pretty derogetory, and the only thing I have to say about those things, is I will continue to pray for those that feel any anger towards me.

Tron, to you specifically..."fire and brimstone" preaching didn't shove you away...there's a spiritual warfare constantly waging, and at the time, Satan was manipulating you to get you out of the church. Satan's orders of destruction: First get them out of the house of God, if they're married-destroy that next. While you're looking at how the world brought you back into church, try looking at it from a faithful view. God put the right people in your life at the right time to bring you back to where you needed to be. I will pray for your growth as a Christian and ask that you pray for mine as well.

I am a gamer just as you all are. I might not play some of the games that others play due to my Christianity, and I might not have anything else in common with you all other than I like to play PC games and like to visit Bluesnews, but it is my responsibility as a Christian to spread the word, and that's all I am doing. If you want to talk about games, lets talk about games. If you want to talk about the games industry or politics, or whatever, I can do that too. But I feel I am doing the right thing, in the right post, at the right time, that God would have me do.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
52. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2003, 01:12 James Webb

I have read some posts on here and some of you people amaze me. Before I start speeking truth to you all, let me say first to Blue that I have prayed for you and your family, hoping that someone, at least one person in your family will accept Jesus Christ as their personal savior through this ordeal.

The word Christian is used very loosely these days. Christian means Christ-Like. Unless you are striving to be Christ-Like, don't say you are a Christian. I'm not saying anyone here has actually called themselves Christians, but I've seen posts on praying for Blue, and one on being religious and going to heaven. If you have stated you are praying for Blue and his family, I hope you know Jesus Christ as your personal Savior. As for the post on being religious and going to heaven, let me say this, the Bible clearly states that religion does not get you to heaven...neither does works, neither does baptism...you are not saved by baptism, but by faith through Christ...it is a gift of God. I say this becuase their is a lot of false doctrines out there that do not teach, nor preach, from the Bible, but instead feeds you full of mans convoluted beliefs.

Blue, I do not know whether your mother was saved or not, I know nothing of your family. I only know that I've visited your site for about the past 5 years now, and when I heard of your mothers passing, I have prayed several times that God would show at least one person in your family the true way to Heaven...the only way to Heaven...what God himself has taught us with his word, the Bible.

Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and save that which was lost.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our lord.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

2 Corinthians 7:10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

Alot of people think they're going to Heaven when they die, but unless you're saved as the Bible proclaims salvation, then you're not going to Heaven, you're going to Hell. I have put scripture above to help any of you that might not be saved, come to know Jesus Christ as your savior. If you have a problem with the above content, take it up with God, for he's the one that has made the rules, not I. I do sincerely hope and pray that these words will affect at least one person on these boards, that they would call upon the Lord and ask him to save their soul.

12 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo