Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ed

Real Name Ed   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tango
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 20, 2003, 11:58
Total Comments 3321 (Veteran)
User ID 18712

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the black
7. Re: No subject Feb 13, 2007, 03:39 Tango

and the date bar has evolved to reflect the occasion.
Ah but is it Abraham Lincoln's and Charles Darwin's birthdays or is it their birthday?

Surely it's just the one day between them?

Man I love being a pedantic tosser

www.hammiestudios.com is nothing but motherfucking spam. Try www.stileproject.com instead.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: best weapons Feb 12, 2007, 13:51 Tango

Double Barrel from Q2 (or Doom2), the flare pistols and the voodoo doll from Blood, the HL2 gravity gun, the Quake rocket launcher (perfect speed), that Hexen II chain staff thing...

And the RCP-90 was certainly NOT the best gun in Goldeneye. That honour went to the DK5 Deutsch (silenced) or the Moonraker Laser.

Edit: There's WAY more than you ever wanted to know about how much damage the BFG9K does at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BFG_9000#Damage_calculation

www.hammiestudios.com is nothing but motherfucking spam. Try www.stileproject.com instead.
This comment was edited on Feb 12, 13:59.

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
10. Re: No subject Feb 12, 2007, 08:35 Tango

More than a little bit of Half-Life in there too - a cold war research facility, sprawling transport system. So do some of the levels: http://www.ggmania.com/pics/07/specials/redo/redo02.jpg reminds me of the HL level Apprehension, just after the train crashes through the wall. It looks like a 1998 game too.

This comment was edited on Feb 12, 08:36.

News Comments > Sunday Previews
5. Re: No subject Feb 12, 2007, 05:00 Tango

Supreme commander graphics are very underwhelming and soulless
Yeah, it's not the prettiest. But having spent some time playing the demo, it really is quite good. The only problem is the AI - a skirmish vs an AI competitor is far too easy even for someone like me who is by no means 'hardcore.'

And it doesn't adapt either. It will always send loads of tiny units in small batches which one or two tanks can deal with. It won't get to higher techs fast enough. And it doesn't build enough superweapons.

13. Re: No subject Feb 11, 2007, 12:52 Tango

Thank god my life revolves around reading forum posts here and not screen savers.
Heh

10. Re: No subject Feb 11, 2007, 04:29 Tango

It's called Flurry.
Thanks I'm getting sick of the WinXP logo jumping around my screen. And 3D Maze gives me a headache.

Windows version at http://www.maddogsw.com/flurry/ if anyone is wondering.

2. Re: No subject Feb 10, 2007, 18:21 Tango

Random question for anyone with a Macintosh: what's the name of the default MacOS screensaver which is coloured swirls moving around?

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Update
40. Re: No subject Feb 10, 2007, 11:47 Tango

Ah... you remind me of our beloved president & so I will adorn your quote with some of George Bush's...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_6B6vwE83U

39. Re: No subject Feb 10, 2007, 11:43 Tango

In which case, I easily refute your opposition to piracy with this:
Yeah, it's cool as long as you do buy the full game.

Personally, although I've got a few games through BitTorrent and bought them later, most I don't bother with unless I think I'll play through them again. That doesn't make it right - it's like saying pirating music is OK because 90% of modern music is shit.

To be honest, to me pirating games seems more fuss than the 20 I could pay to have a legal copy.

24. Re: No subject Feb 10, 2007, 05:03 Tango

You paid for an incomplete, buggy mess of a game, basically telling Jowood that it's okay for them to release games before they are done. Preorders are bad. Piracy is good.
Good logic

News Comments > EVE Online Scandal Follow-up
7. Re: No subject Feb 9, 2007, 17:01 Tango

Nobody got fired? Nobody resigned? I'm not an MMOG guy but this sort of thing isn't gonna get me interested

16. Re: 150 LED bulb Feb 9, 2007, 15:33 Tango

Plus, the energy savings quoted from energy saving bulbs don't (usually) include the benefit of incandescent bulbs in conjunction with a thermostat.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Blood Diamond Feb 9, 2007, 06:11 Tango

Went to see Blood Diamond last night. Very well worth the money. 4.5/5.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Two Delayed Again
50. Re: Woohoo Feb 9, 2007, 06:09 Tango

Also there are substantial engine upgrades in Ep2. New physics effects and new dynamic lighting. It ain't gonna look like Crysis, but at least we won't need Vista.

57. Re: No subject Feb 9, 2007, 06:08 Tango

Apart from anything else, urine is sterile, or at least it should be if your kidneys etc. are working ok. I'm not advocating drinking it, and of course I'd wash it off, but if you're unable to pee without getting it all over your hands there's something wrong that no amount of hygiene will solve.

Well at least I know where my dick has been, which is always cleaner than where my hands have been.
Precisely. From the shower into some clean underwear.

It's just a good time to wash your hands, period. You touch so many things on a regular basis
True, though I wash before preparing food and keep my hands out of my mouth as much as possible.

Also, I'm sure the increase in allergies over the last 25 years is down to an obsession with hygiene beyond what is required to keep pathogens out and a pleasant smell for all who you encounter. I sigh every time I see new mothers chasing their toddlers around with wet wipes just because they touched something non-sterile. Kids need exposure to these things early on.

Best OotB evar?!

4. Anna Nicole Smith Feb 9, 2007, 06:00 Tango

A bit of a surprise. Can't say she made any impact on my life, but nonetheless... before her time.

19. Re: No subject Feb 8, 2007, 13:33 Tango

(I don't touch anyone's phone, keyboard, mouse, etc.)
Man you guys are all so sensitive The likelihood of you catching anything is virtually zero unless you lick your hands thoroughly on a regular basis.

I always wash my hands after a sit-downer but for a pee? Not always.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Two Delayed Again
44. Re: No subject Feb 8, 2007, 05:46 Tango

My guess is they're having problems with the PS3 dev kit. It's a shame, I'm still really looking forward to this, but whatever - I have other things to do with my time.

Of course they can't win - if they release an unpolished or unfinished game, they're morons. If they delay it to tighten it up, they're morons. As long as it's good when it gets here, I'll be happy.

12. Re: spacing Feb 8, 2007, 05:41 Tango

It's ok in default font size (though I prefered it before - I agree with Enahs that it's a bit too disjointed) but if you zoom in it gets much worse. Consider those with poor eyesight!

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 05:47.

News Comments > Supreme Commander Demo
73. Re: No subject Feb 8, 2007, 05:28 Tango

No problems running it here, on a very similar system to yours Bucky. But then I just left the graphics options on default.

Game is interesting, will definitely pick it up after the exams. But I hope there are more temperate maps. I don't know why, but fighting in rolling green hills is much better than scorched planets, IMHO

3321 Comments. 167 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo