Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alan Heuer

Real Name Alan Heuer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Grendle
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 19, 2003, 19:34
Total Comments 116 (Novice)
User ID 18672

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 2142 Patch Plans
17. Re: Battlefield 2142 Patch Plans Nov 23, 2009, 09:27 Grendle

Does the game support widescreen yet?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warlords Battlecry III and Impulse Follow-up
1. Re: Warlords Battlecry III and Impulse Follow-up Nov 20, 2009, 22:31 Grendle

Cool.

At least they try to fix the problem. Too bad it took this long.

News Comments > D&D Surface Demo
1. Re: D&D Surface Demo Oct 19, 2009, 15:03 Grendle

Interesting concept.

I agree with one of the posters of the original site that that stated that the dice zooming onto the screen will get very old after a while.

That and the screen will get very greasy after a while from Dorito crumbs and pizza.

News Comments > Stargate Worlds Funding Woes Continue
15. Re: Stargate Worlds Funding Woes Continue Oct 14, 2009, 14:00 Grendle

SGU is like startrek voyager.

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2009, 14:00.

News Comments > Stargate Worlds Funding Woes Continue
13. Re: Stargate Worlds Funding Woes Continue Oct 14, 2009, 13:59 Grendle

Although the show is kind of garage like. I think that the premise of the show would make for a decent game. 3 or more factions, with subfactions. The gates could be portals to other servers.

I think that allowing it to follow close to the shows would be a very bad idea.

But to introduce a new area by people stumbling upon a new gate code, instead of anouncing a new area would be pretty cool.

Sorry to disagree, but I think that the idea is a good one, just not implemented properly.

News Comments > Monty Python Games?
13. Re: Monty Python Games? Sep 29, 2009, 11:37 Grendle

Perhaps he was dictating?  

News Comments > Windows Natal?
32. Re: Windows Natal? Jul 15, 2009, 18:37 Grendle

He's not just condemning the iPhone, he's condemning all touch screen technology which is beyond simple ignorance. The relative merits of the iPhone are subjective to each person.

Sigh, true. I just got an iPhone for work and it is just bugging the crap out of me is all.

28. Re: Windows Natal? Jul 15, 2009, 18:02 Grendle

Uh, really? From what I've seen iPhone games are generally crappy and/or gimmicky. Kinda like the iPhone itself.

Pretty much tells us you're obviously fairly biased and can't be trusted to say anything worthwhile on the topic in the first place.

Umn... To defend Jerykk. The iPhone is a gimmick. There are better phones out there, but nobody pays any attention to them. If they had the apple logo they might.

Why does my iPhone need a motion sensor, but I can't forward a simple voice mail.

Why does my phone have a compass, but my bluetooth headset can't do a voice dial unless I pick my phone up and press a button on it.

Why can my phone VPN when I can't browse the network once I'm there.

If I'm mistaken about any of these, please help me, otherwise the iPhone is just a gimmick and not really meant to be used as a real phone. And the games are kind of worthless on there from what I've seen. Although tap defense is kind of a fun little game.

Sorry, I can't stand apple because of all of the people who think that it is the best thing out there because of the apple logo.

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2009, 18:05.

19. Re: Windows Natal? Jul 15, 2009, 14:56 Grendle

Except touch-screen technology is a gimmick.

Hmn... I think the touch screen is a gimmick on a PC on a desk, but in an industrial setting it's invaluable. No keys to get crud under and you can make your pop-up control screens look anyway you would like.

But yeah, mostly for gaming I would say yes its a gimmick.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: The Great Ethanol Scam May 26, 2009, 14:41 Grendle

I heard somewhere that the gas pumps at gas stations are not UL approved for E85 and that the insurance companies won't insure because of that. I'm not certain where to look for this information though.

Although, after that article, it kind of makes sense that it would be the case.

Also, Ethenol can be very fuel efficient if you change the engines to run just that. Sort of like the high octane fuel of race cars need high compression engines to work properly.

News Comments > Serious Sam 3 Update
12. Re: Serious Sam 3 Update May 14, 2009, 20:55 Grendle

If the 3rd is like the second... Pass. Loved the first & Second encounters on a co-op LAN.  

News Comments > WoW Scandal Follow-up
30. Re: WoW Scandal Follow-up May 1, 2009, 14:13 Grendle

I find this interesting.

This would have made any MMOG great. Finally, something other than the normal quests. A real game changing device.

28. Re: WoW Scandal Follow-up May 1, 2009, 14:05 Grendle

This guy was like Hitler.  

5. Re: WoW Scandal Follow-up May 1, 2009, 10:46 Grendle

I think that they should have let him keep it and then have quests to defeat him.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2009, 10:44 Grendle

Congratulations!

News Comments > Demigod Day 0 Report
42. Re: Demigod Day 0 Report Apr 15, 2009, 23:48 Grendle

Oh God, not the "if you're not a musician / politician / artist / game owner you can't criticise them" argument. Personally I like to keep an eye on comments on sites like this - they help get a better idea of the overall picture.

Whoa. I'm not saying that you can't criticise them. I just don't want to hear the whining about a game that you haven't purchased yet. If it doesn't have what you want, either don't buy it, or tell the developer directly instead of whining about it to everybody. If you purchased the game, and you have a serious concern with it, then there is a legitimate gripe.

If there is something that concerns you about a game, and you want to share fine, just don't whine about it. I've read some really nice critiques of games in the threads on this site, but for some reason there will be people that sound like they are whining instead of posting a logical critique. I probably should say overly emotional instead of whining. Please, make an educated critique, instead of flying off the handle and saying this game sucks.

This comment was edited on Apr 15, 2009, 23:56.

29. Re: Demigod Day 0 Report Apr 15, 2009, 17:38 Grendle

There is a difference between whining and a legitmate complaint though.

A legitmate complaint would be to state your grievance and be somewhat open to a discussion about the grievance and ways to fix it.

Whining is a complaint that is stated over and over again without the whiner being open to ways to fix it.

And the people that really irritate me are people that jump on the whining band wagon that really don't have any serious gripes of there own, just to be heard. In other words, don't whine about it if you haven't paid for it.

15. Re: Demigod Day 0 Report Apr 15, 2009, 15:27 Grendle

I think that there might be a shift in attitudes. I've been reading this site for many years... Perhaps since before 2000.

Lately there seems to be a shift towords the whiny end.

On the other hand with game producers expecting block busters at every release they tend to be watered down for the masses. I think early on game developers thought that "Hey this would be neat in a game." Now they think of how many sales they can get. Perhaps like the big budget movies with their story equations. Can you think of one disney cartoon in which both parents are alive throughout the whole move? There are a couple, but its an equation that they follow. So games follow an equation now. <shrug>

The above is mostly conjecture, but it sounds right.

This comment was edited on Apr 15, 2009, 15:29.

News Comments > More New Trademarks
1. Whaleboy Apr 14, 2009, 12:34 Grendle

Ahahahaaahaaaaaaaaa.....

What is it for? And why $40?

News Comments > Command & Conquer Patch
7. Re: Command & Conquer Patch Apr 13, 2009, 22:56 Grendle

Pretty much edited the whole post.

After a little reseach it was in C&C Redalert. In the start menu, hold down shift and then Left click on the speaker.

This comment was edited on Apr 13, 2009, 23:00.

116 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo