Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Alan Heuer

Real Name Alan Heuer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Grendle
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 19, 2003, 19:34
Total Comments 116 (Novice)
User ID 18672

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video
20. Re: Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video Nov 19, 2012, 00:34 Grendle

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 23:32:
Is it wrong that the new gameplay video gave me wood?

Cause it feels right.

LOL! Nope, not wrong at all.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
16. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2012, 20:43 Grendle

^ This (post 14). Except for the cancer part. My brother died back in 2009 on September 16th at 12:10 AM and I don't wish that on anybody. His insurance tried to get out of paying the $8k/3week meds he was on. That will make most people flat broke instantly. It can happen to anyone at anytime. That is why you are clueless.

Edited for post number correction

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2012, 19:10 Grendle

ledhead1969 wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 17:10:
"Growing up from nothing taught me a couple of valuable lessons, though, #1 being: The system isn't designed so that everyone can get ahead just by working hard, regardless of what people tell you."

Spoken like a true loser.

You're clueless.

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Patch Adds New Pets
3. Re: Torchlight 2 Patch Adds New Pets Nov 15, 2012, 21:47 Grendle

Badgers? We don't need no stinking badgers.

Sorry.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $3.5M
16. Re: Star Citizen Passes $3.5M Nov 14, 2012, 23:17 Grendle

All I can say is that I'm going to buy this game. I watched some of the footage tonight and it actually gave me shivers down my spine. I know, sounds weird. This may be the game that I've been looking for since the turn of the century.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Chaos on Deponia
5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2012, 07:24 Grendle

Whatever happened to the gone gold website? Did the author pass away from cancer? I know that he did have it. I used to go there all of the time. <sigh>  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 20, 2012, 17:54 Grendle

I concur. Can you imagine the noise and corruption of the signal 160 million miles would have? They could have bricked it.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 4, 2011, 13:16 Grendle

This page no longer exists.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Reboot News Nears
1. Re: MechWarrior Reboot News Nears Sep 29, 2011, 11:01 Grendle

I wonder if your mech will still overheat.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Battlelog Battleblog
10. Re: Battlefield 3 Battlelog Battleblog Jul 21, 2011, 14:49 Grendle

Finally, it's not called war anymore...it's the battlefight!

I like it!

Modern Battlefightfare 3!

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Ubisoft on PC Ghost Recon
10. Re: Quoteworthy - Ubisoft on PC Ghost Recon Jul 18, 2011, 14:00 Grendle

Umn... The original Ghost Recons didn't have much of a storyline or plot. It did have a mission and goals though. They were mostly a series of maps that you got to go through to complete the mission. No rails or much of a plot.

They didn't even have vehicles that you could get into. As far as the newer ones, they where pretty good. My all time favorite from them must be rainbow 6v3 ravenshield. You could slowly open the door with the mouse wheel. Lean, prone, not on rails too much. Some of the maps where though. AI sucked.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Physical Warfare Pack to Eventually be Free for All
36. Re: Battlefield 3 Physical Warfare Pack Will Eventually be Free for All Jun 17, 2011, 10:28 Grendle

I agree that it is an asshat move to actually have maps installed on the PC, but locked out until you get there free DLC.

But as long as people continue to eat what they feed them, you will continue to have that problem. I think that we may be seeing a change in peoples consumption habits. Loss in revenue across the board. movies, music, and games.

I myself stopped watching TV. Couldn't stand the lowest common denominator crap that was on. I refuse to suckle at the glass tit any longer. It's all the same..... Most of the games coming out are re introducing things that have been around for a decade. Large out door environments, leaning, prone, opening a door with a mouse wheel.

Some of the games that I would buy if they just updated the graphics, but left the mechanics alone.

Rainbow 6 Ravenshield. The original.
Age of empires 2.
Homeworld 1 and 2.

I own them, and would still play them, except that they don't work right on the newer machines.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Physical Warfare Pack to Eventually be Free for All
34. Re: Battlefield 3 Physical Warfare Pack Will Eventually be Free for All Jun 17, 2011, 09:18 Grendle

Dades wrote on Jun 17, 2011, 07:09:
again, I think you guys are missing the fact that games are a BUSINESS.

What a dumb excuse, you just lost IQ typing it. At what point does it stop being ok to remove content from games to make money? I'll tell you when it does, when the customer stops buying your games. That's how companies operate these days. Saying everything is fair game because its a business is horseshit. It has nothing to do with trying to survive, its about profit.

It's a business isn't some catch all to escape logical criticism of boneheaded decisions.

Isn't that what he said? And you contradicted yourself and agreed with him at the end.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Jun 16, 2011, 10:40 Grendle

Do you need the original fallout 3 to play New Vegas?  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 15, 2011, 10:33 Grendle

Just hold the iPad at ten feet away, it'll have a retina screen then.  

News Comments > Dungeon Siege III Demo
48. Re: removed Jun 7, 2011, 16:25 Grendle

The latest lego games have split screen. It's great with my 6 year old on the big screen.

I think that big screen gaming is great for casual playing with friends and family.

Otherwise, I've played dungeon seige 1, and space seige. Space seige is really kind of a joke. I've never played dungeon seige 2. Played the demo, it seemed okay, I might pick it up eventually.

News Comments > Age of Empires Online This Fall, More Keys
6. Re: Age of Empires Online This Fall, More Keys May 9, 2011, 13:54 Grendle

Honestly, Id buy AoE2 if the graphics and hud were upgraded to run on the current hardware at native resolutions.  

News Comments > Age of Empires Online This Fall, More Keys
4. Re: Age of Empires Online This Fall, More Keys May 9, 2011, 13:49 Grendle

It's pretty much Age of Empires. It feels like a cross between AoE2 and AoE3. You have a capital city that you continue to upgrade and change. Then you have the maps that you can play that come from "quests". The first few quests show you how to play the game. The graphics are cartoony and remind me of Warcraft 2 and 3. I haven't played anybody yet. I'm still doing quests when I can. I'm level 7 right now. What I'm missing right now is the ability to create my own maps and just skirmish. I think that if you don't buy anything you will probably only be able to play one or two races. If it cost $5.00 per general, they can forget it. Myabe a civilization or a unit/general pack. But not for one thing. The hot keys seem to be working too.

Right now, I'm enjoying it. But without the ability to change any of the maps, or game types... it's going to get old quick. I also haven't played very long, so I might see those in future changes.

I hope that this helps.

News Comments > RAGE Mods Will Be All the Rage
17. Re: RAGE Mods Will Be All the Rage May 6, 2011, 09:32 Grendle

When is this comming out anyways? I can't wait for it.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2011, 12:48 Grendle

Since when is San Diego considered classy?

I just hope that the respectful way his body was treated that he doesn't become too much of a martyr.

116 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo