Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for David

Real Name David   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname dacamper
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 19, 2003, 18:54
Total Comments 3 (Suspect)
User ID 18669

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2012, 03:33 dacamper

So I took the plunge and made a batch of chili with the new recipe, using Ghost Chilis. These were dried ones from Amazon from Chillipepperpete, who delivers to the UK. Sealed in a packed. I did try a sliver of one and it set my mouth on fire, so I am fairly sure they are hot, but ymmv.

I added half a dried ghost pepper, after re-hydrating it and slicing it thinly, to a batch of 1/3 quantities. So I guess 1 and a half chilis to a full batch.

I then slow cooked the chili for 8 hours.

It was actually delicious! I took it to a work BBQ after keeping the chili in the fridge overnight, and everyone there said it was really nice. Just enough heat and not too much.

Certainly there was some heat - it started at the tongue and rolled its way to the back of the mouth in a nice manner. However it was also full of flavor.

I'll be making this again, especially when my workmates demand more of it for the next BBQ!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2012, 05:58 dacamper

I tried your chili recipe way back and it was delicious.

I'm planning on using the new one with some dried ghost chillis, but I'm a bit nervous on how much to put in. I may drop just one in and see. If its 8 times stronger than a habanero, then 1 ghost should equal "weapons grade" plus a little bit

I'd kinda like someone else to try tho, before I kill my workmates...

619. well wishes Sep 19, 2003, 14:55 dacamper

Sending well wishes and positive energy your way.

3 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo